PDA

View Full Version : What is THE holy grail of Hibs programmes?

hibby6270
12-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Been following an eBay auction for Hearts v Hibs 1/1/73 programme (sold today for £74 which afaik is about par for that item?) and it got me thinking.

Some of you guys have a better handle on this than I have, so out of morbid curiosity - a question.

What is the most sought after Hibs programme out there, be it due to either rarity or price or importance or some other reason?

Conrad Gray
13-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Been following an eBay auction for Hearts v Hibs 1/1/73 programme (sold today for £74 which afaik is about par for that item?) and it got me thinking.

Some of you guys have a better handle on this than I have, so out of morbid curiosity - a question.

What is the most sought after Hibs programme out there, be it due to either rarity or price or importance or some other reason?

I always thought that the postponed Barcelona from 1960? would be the grail, and that it would never come up for sale. I managed to get it from Ebay and there's been another couple sold there since.

hibeg
13-06-2018, 04:46 PM
All collectors will have different programmes on their wants lists. Personally I still require one home to complete my collection back to 1946/7, so if anyone has Hibs v Airdrie 13/9/47 kicking about I might show a bit of interest :greengrin

The other one required would complete my Hibs European aways. As has been mentioned before on this forum, Keflavik was thought to be a non issue but one appeared about 4 years ago. Very strange how no more came back with the players but it is now on my list.

Iggy Pope
15-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Postponed issues are my pain.

Conrad Gray
15-06-2018, 12:26 PM

Do you have a list of the ones you are after?

hibeg
15-06-2018, 04:21 PM

I don’t class them as issues ( simply because I don’t have them all :greengrin)

I’m missing Motherwell in early 60s, but nobody has actually seen it AFAIK. Also Rangers in early 70s.

I have the Barca and Partick ones.

Iggy Pope
17-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Do you have a list of the ones you are after?

Not on me as I'm on holiday. I'll drop you a line when I get back.

EastThomasSTboy
18-06-2018, 02:35 PM
The Hibs Reserve Programme v Dundee No.44. from APRIL 14TH 1956.(BIG ISSUE)
The Hibs v Ayr United Prog. No.16 from 1st March 1978 (postponed).
THE Hibs v St Johnstone. No.15 from Sat 28th December 1968 (postponed).

I think these are the hardest since 1949.

hibeg
18-06-2018, 03:59 PM

You would say that G. :wink: Have you got the Dundee Reserves ?

Iggy Pope
21-06-2018, 02:45 PM

Aw fir ****s sake.......

ano hibby
21-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Aw fir ****s sake.......

As ETB knows very well the latter one is a printers proof copy which is the version prior to a print run goes live. I have a copy framed which I was going to upload a pic of but I can’t seem to do this from my phone. Anyone know if this can be done? I click ‘Attachment’ button & upload pic from my album but it doesn’t seem to like it.

Iggy Pope
22-06-2018, 07:01 AM
As ETB knows very well the latter one is a printers proof copy which is the version prior to a print run goes live. I have a copy framed which I was going to upload a pic of but I can’t seem to do this from my phone. Anyone know if this can be done? I click ‘Attachment’ button & upload pic from my album but it doesn’t seem to like it.

If you go to Manage Attachments it should let you upload, select and insert inline from there.
I never even had these postponed issues down as potentially existing....! I need to read up more.

tynehibs
03-02-2020, 06:52 AM

I see the barcalona v hibs 1960 is on eBay at £1750 plus £40 p&p, this must be the most expensive?

EastThomasSTboy
04-02-2020, 10:52 AM
I see the barcalona v hibs 1960 is on eBay at £1750 plus £40 p&p, this must be the most expensive?

IMO,.......Just because they are looking for this price does not mean that any Hibs collector is stupid enough to buy it (at that price!!).

Its probably a £500 to £600 prog tops and you will find that all the top Hibs collectors already have it, and bought it for considerably lower than that amount. Over the years, its been easier to find than the postponed home prog.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: seven flags!!! (my fave number.).

hibeg
04-02-2020, 04:56 PM
IMO,.......Just because they are looking for this price does not mean that any Hibs collector is stupid enough to buy it (at that price!!).

Its probably a £500 to £600 prog tops and you will find that all the top Hibs collectors already have it, and bought it for considerably lower than that amount. Over the years, its been easier to find than the postponed home prog.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: seven flags!!! (my fave number.).

It wasn’t that many years ago when I picked it up and it was quite a bit higher than £600.
Between £800 to 1k is a realistic value IMO

EastThomasSTboy
04-02-2020, 05:51 PM
It wasn’t that many years ago when I picked it up and it was quite a bit higher than £600.
Between £800 to 1k is a realistic value IMO

You're obviously trying to Punt your Copy!!!! LOL . :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

hibeg
04-02-2020, 07:36 PM
You're obviously trying to Punt your Copy!!!! LOL . :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin::greengrin

Eh, no. :greengrin

EastThomasSTboy
05-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Eh, no. :greengrin

About time, for the three amigos to regroup for a small Libation, and perhaps peruse the current prices of Hibby Stuff!!!:flag:

Iggy Pope
05-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Now, now top collectors! This was only ever meant to be a sub forum intended for collectors to have a blether. Post your rarities and let the rest of us envy you.

ano hibby
07-02-2020, 06:01 PM
I picked up a few rare ones a number of years back.

From 1888/89 i have Newcastle United v Hibernians which as far as i know is the first programme known to feature Hibs. Its a bit fragile given 131 years old & i have it framed.

From 1925/26 the first known (again as far as i know) home prog to have been printed was 22/8/25 against Killie. The good guys won 8-0 that day. From later that season i also have a single team sheet prog from an away game v Arsenal. I'm missing around another 40 from that season though so if anyone can help please let me know :greengrin

In terms of more recent rare ones i posted above about the printers proof from the St J postponed in 1968. ETB may have more to add on this one one day :greengrin. Also from 1985 a friendly i cant find record of away to Brightons Select on 28/7/85. Got this from our very own Hibeg at his usual knock down price. Not.

One of my favourites is the Gordon Smith testimonial v Man Utd. The programme itself it reasonably common but i have an original match report from the following day entitled 'Champions Clash - Hibs dazzle the men from Manchester' with a match report under the scoreline which was 7-3 to Hibs...

i'll try (again) to post some pics shortly..

hibeg
07-02-2020, 10:23 PM
I picked up a few rare ones a number of years back.

From 1888/89 i have Newcastle United v Hibernians which as far as i know is the first programme known to feature Hibs. Its a bit fragile given 131 years old & i have it framed.

From 1925/26 the first known (again as far as i know) home prog to have been printed was 22/8/25 against Killie. The good guys won 8-0 that day. From later that season i also have a single team sheet prog from an away game v Arsenal. I'm missing around another 40 from that season though so if anyone can help please let me know :greengrin

In terms of more recent rare ones i posted above about the printers proof from the St J postponed in 1968. ETB may have more to add on this one one day :greengrin. Also from 1985 a friendly i cant find record of away to Brightons Select on 28/7/85. Got this from our very own Hibeg at his usual knock down price. Not.

One of my favourites is the Gordon Smith testimonial v Man Utd. The programme itself it reasonably common but i have an original match report from the following day entitled 'Champions Clash - Hibs dazzle the men from Manchester' with a match report under the scoreline which was 7-3 to Hibs...

i'll try (again) to post some pics shortly..

Cheeky git 😢. That one was a bargain. I wonder how much a dealer would have asked for it 😂

EI255
23-06-2020, 08:26 AM

What is the most sought after Hibs programme out there, be it due to either rarity or price or importance or some other reason?I got £70 recently (just realised the figure there [emoji16]) for the 0-7 programme (mint). Didn't expect anything more really. Saw them go for £100+ in the past, but rare to see them go for that sort of figure now. I would say there are loads of other programmes above that on the Holy grail.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
23-06-2020, 03:44 PM
I still need to find the 21/5/16 programme at a reasonable price. There must be loads kicking about but whenever I see them on sale they always seem to be far too excessive.

hibeg
25-06-2020, 04:03 PM

Well pal. Looks like one sold yesterday for £800 on eBay ! 😳

EastThomasSTboy
28-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Well pal. Looks like one sold yesterday for £800 on eBay ! 😳

Probably bought by a Rich Barca Fan, wi money to burn!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: (£950 down on the one we were talking about:wink::wink:)

GGTTH:flag:

hibeg
28-06-2020, 06:47 PM
I know G, my point was that I estimated current value £800 to 1k. You were a bit lower 😀. I think it would be a new Hibs collector that bought it, not a Barca collector. There are not that many about for the value to drop to £500 or £600.
It’s just like the 2016 Scottish Cup run. Numerous copies of most programmes were kicking about. Now the final appears to be £50 standard. ICT away and Hearts home are much rarer.
Most Dealers don’t have copies so demand now exceeds supply.
Europeans, friendlies and 2016 run will always be the most collectible issues.

Just_Jimmy
30-06-2020, 04:51 PM
I still need to find the 21/5/16 programme at a reasonable price. There must be loads kicking about but whenever I see them on sale they always seem to be far too excessive.I've got two. I bought as much as I could on the way out the ground. I'm not ready to sell yet as I'm keeping one of them obviously.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
01-07-2020, 10:35 AM
I've got two. I bought as much as I could on the way out the ground. I'm not ready to sell yet as I'm keeping one of them obviously.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

A smart move. :agree: Wish I'd thought at the time!

heretoday
03-12-2020, 11:48 PM
My dad got Jock Stein to autograph my Real Madrid programme. Must be worth a bit. The problem of course is authentication.

Hector Mudflap
13-01-2021, 03:16 PM
If anyone is selling that 0-7 programme than I would love to buy it . For me thats the absolute pinnacle of programmes. I have never seen one on Ebay so to read that they are seen there at all is annoying. If anyone hears of one becoming available then please let me know.
Oh and the 25th March 1969 game against Kilmarnock
those two !

hibby6270
13-01-2021, 06:44 PM
If anyone is selling that 0-7 programme than I would love to buy it . For me thats the absolute pinnacle of programmes. I have never seen one on Ebay so to read that they are seen there at all is annoying. If anyone hears of one becoming available then please let me know.
Oh and the 25th March 1969 game against Kilmarnock
those two !

There is at least one 1/1/73 programme on eBay just now. BIN £150. Bit too rich for me though!!

Also one included in a bundle of 3 programmes. Current bid £72. Closes this Saturday.

Lancs Harp
13-01-2021, 07:50 PM
There is at least one 1/1/73 programme on eBay just now. BIN £150. Bit too rich for me though!!

Also one included in a bundle of 3 programmes. Current bid £72. Closes this Saturday.

The last time I recall one on ebay going for auction it fetched about £70. £150 is a bit OTT IMO although obviously its worth what someone is willing to pay. If its a "buy it now" seller and it doesnt go in the allocated time make the seller an offer.

Hector Mudflap
13-01-2021, 09:53 PM
The last time I recall one on ebay going for auction it fetched about £70. £150 is a bit OTT IMO although obviously its worth what someone is willing to pay. If its a "buy it now" seller and it doesnt go in the allocated time make the seller an offer.

Yea bit steep but I soooo want and need this program . The £72 bundle says it has been written on so that will devalue it but it is looking like a better deal.
Unless anyone here has one for sale for £100?

please?

Hector Mudflap
14-01-2021, 10:49 AM
Well I bought the 150 one, it was for a gift and I had only a few options. That one with the two other programmes I had a few bids on but it went to £121 plus a fiver postage and thats got writing all over the inside so for and extra £24 I got a clean one.
still would like one for myself but with a less stressful price!
happy though !

hibeg
14-01-2021, 03:58 PM
I had one in mint condition. Took it along to a function at ER for the League Cup Winners. Got 9 of the team autos which was brilliant.
Unfortunately Jimmy O Rourke laid it down on a table with a gravy stain , which seeped a bit on the programme.
Cue me going mental trying to clean it up, which I managed to do mostly

Jimmy looked at me as if I was daft 😂😂

Hector Mudflap
14-01-2021, 04:11 PM
I had one in mint condition. Took it along to a function at ER for the League Cup Winners. Got 9 of the team autos which was brilliant.
Unfortunately Jimmy O Rourke laid it down on a table with a gravy stain , which seeped a bit on the programme.
Cue me going mental trying to clean it up, which I managed to do mostly

Jimmy looked at me as if I was daft 😂😂

I quite like the provenience that gives the program - Maybe it was O'Rourkes gravy - we could grow another one.

Lancs Harp
14-01-2021, 07:12 PM
Well I bought the 150 one, it was for a gift and I had only a few options. That one with the two other programmes I had a few bids on but it went to £121 plus a fiver postage and thats got writing all over the inside so for and extra £24 I got a clean one.
still would like one for myself but with a less stressful price!
happy though !

Congratulations and well done mate, the important thing is you got what you wanted and you paid what you were willing to pay for it.

Hector Mudflap
15-01-2021, 10:13 PM
Congratulations and well done mate, the important thing is you got what you wanted and you paid what you were willing to pay for it.
Thanks - appreciate the nods to eBay- bizarre that I never thought to look! Happy to have it coming- now Im looking for the record score Airdrie game in 56 . Is this a thing?

Lancs Harp
15-01-2021, 10:32 PM
Thanks - appreciate the nods to eBay- bizarre that I never thought to look! Happy to have it coming- now Im looking for the record score Airdrie game in 56 . Is this a thing?

Not seen it on ebay. Ive got the Hamilton one (same score).

hibeg
16-01-2021, 04:01 PM
Do you mean Airdrie v Hibs 1959 ? If so yes a programme was produced

Hector Mudflap
18-01-2021, 10:57 PM
Do you mean Airdrie v Hibs 1959 ? If so yes a programme was produced
Hi yep thats the one I'm looking for. I contacted Brian at Almondale Programmes who is looking out for one for me.
I didn't know if it really existed or not.

Lancs Harp
29-01-2021, 05:36 PM
Not a Hibs programme but noticed there is a 1946/47 Victory Cup Semi Final replay programme between Celtic and Rangers on ebay currently bidding at £4100 with two days remaining. Heavy stuff.

hibeg
29-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Not a Hibs programme but noticed there is a 1946/47 Victory Cup Semi Final replay programme between Celtic and Rangers on ebay currently bidding at £4100 with two days remaining. Heavy stuff.
It will go for higher. Nobody knew of its existence as it’s for the replay. I predict £5250.00 😳

Lancs Harp
31-01-2021, 08:08 PM
It will go for higher. Nobody knew of its existence as it’s for the replay. I predict £5250.00 😳

It went for £4,500 in the end. Pretty impressive price, wish I had one of them in the attic :greengrin

hibeg
01-02-2021, 08:37 PM
It went for £4,500 in the end. Pretty impressive price, wish I had one of them in the attic :greengrin
Spoke to the buyer today. He was surprised and delighted to get it for that price 😳

Lancs Harp
01-02-2021, 10:15 PM
There's an Aberdeen V Hibs 61/62 programme just about to finish on ebay. Its currently going for £55, what is the significance of this game?

Edit to add it went for £65.49 in the end with a last 10 seconds bidding frenzy. More entertaining than the transfer window lol

hibeg
02-02-2021, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Lancs Harp;6449399]There's an Aberdeen V Hibs 61/62 programme just about to finish on ebay. Its currently going for £55, what is the significance of this game?

Edit to add it went for £65.49 in the end with a last 10 seconds bidding frenzy. More entertaining than the transfer window lol[/QUOTE

Nothing sinister , it is just a rare programme, doesn’t turn up very often.

Iggy Pope
03-02-2021, 07:35 PM
There's an Aberdeen V Hibs 61/62 programme just about to finish on ebay. Its currently going for £55, what is the significance of this game?

Edit to add it went for £65.49 in the end with a last 10 seconds bidding frenzy. More entertaining than the transfer window lol

There are a couple of Aberdeen issues like this for some reason, it took me ages to get 1958/59:and even then only down to our friendly supplier looking out for me. There’s a regular Stirling Albion at home that’s apparently difficult too 61/62 I think.

Lancs Harp
13-02-2021, 09:52 PM
A 53/54 League cup semi final programme v East Fife went for £91 today on Ebay today

Lancs Harp
02-03-2021, 03:21 PM
Distillery v Hibs friendly programme 56/57 currently on ebay, seller looking for £400. Anyone know the match result for this game?

tynehibs
02-03-2021, 03:45 PM
Distillery v Hibs friendly programme 56/57 currently on ebay, seller looking for £400. Anyone know the match result for this game?

Hibs lost 2-1, goal by Turnbull, and the programme is way overpriced

Lancs Harp
02-03-2021, 04:32 PM
Hibs lost 2-1, goal by Turnbull, and the programme is way overpriced

Thanks for the score info. I have seen that on ebay before for £100

danhibees1875
04-03-2021, 02:24 PM
I don't think this sold in the end, but here's an interesting piece. A 2016 SC final programme signed by Terry Butcher...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Scottish-Cup-Final-Hibernian-V-Rangers-Signed-Programme-/124604669868?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc#vi__app-cvip-panel

I can't imagine how this came to happen - I'd love to know the story. Very unique.

Lancs Harp
04-03-2021, 02:51 PM
I don't think this sold in the end, but here's an interesting piece. A 2016 SC final programme signed by Terry Butcher...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Scottish-Cup-Final-Hibernian-V-Rangers-Signed-Programme-/124604669868?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc#vi__app-cvip-panel

I can't imagine how this came to happen - I'd love to know the story. Very unique.

He was at the game, he provided "expert analysis" with Pat Nevin for Sportscene so I guess someone could have bumped into him and asked him to sign it. He obviously had links to both clubs.

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 08:06 PM

They should’ve knocked the starting price down due to its poor, defaced condition.

scoopyboy
05-03-2021, 08:29 PM

My guess would be it was a Rangers fan selling the programme on ebay. They got Butchers autograph on it at the match as they loved the man when he played at Ibrox.

danhibees1875
05-03-2021, 11:14 PM
My guess would be it was a Rangers fan selling the programme on ebay. They got Butchers autograph on it at the match as they loved the man when he played at Ibrox.

It appears it was a Hibs fan who bought the programme after the game (presumably from a rangers fan).

It's still a fairly unique piece anyway. Can't be many signed by Butcher. :greengrin

scoopyboy
06-03-2021, 07:10 AM
It appears it was a Hibs fan who bought the programme after the game (presumably from a rangers fan).

It's still a fairly unique piece anyway. Can't be many signed by Butcher. :greengrin

I can't see it on ebay now, any idea what it went for.

I reckon the going rate would be £40-50.

danhibees1875
06-03-2021, 09:09 AM
I can't see it on ebay now, any idea what it went for.

I reckon the going rate would be £40-50.

I believe it failed to sell. Initial ask was £60.

Itsnoteasy
06-03-2021, 10:12 AM
I believe it failed to sell. Initial ask was £60.

Yes it failed to sell. I had it on my watch list.

weecounty hibby
06-03-2021, 01:12 PM
Surely for any Hibby it is tainted with Butchers autograph on it. Probably would have been worth a few quid to a hun if they had won it. Ho hum, thankfully it is probably now not worth very much at all

Brooster
11-03-2021, 01:49 PM
Hun fans are now getting wind that this programme is valuable and are beginning to sell which is driving the price down to around £50. Saying that I've sold 2 recently, both with match tickets for £75+

Lancs Harp
14-03-2021, 10:56 PM
1947/48 Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi final programme currently on ebay. You'll need deep pockets the seller wants £750 for it.

ano hibby
16-03-2021, 06:40 AM
1947/48 Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi final programme currently on ebay. You'll need deep pockets the seller wants £750 for it.

It’s the same seller that was recently selling a handful of pretty rare Hibs programmes but his prices are well over double what I’d consider sensible. I see a couple of them were withdrawn, not sure if this means they sold or just withdrawn. It was a pre war 33/34 I think and a Celtic hibs 49/50 friendly advertised at £900.
This one I last noted was sold in the 200-300 range .Guess we can assume The Rangers fans are back spending- interesting to see if it goes for that.

ano hibby
16-03-2021, 08:32 AM

It’s the same seller that was recently selling a handful of pretty rare Hibs programmes but his prices are well over double what I’d consider sensible. I see a couple of them were withdrawn, not sure if this means they sold or just withdrawn. It was a pre war 33/34 I think and a Celtic hibs 49/50 friendly advertised at £900.
This one I last noted was sold in the 200-300 range .Guess we can assume The Rangers fans are back spending- interesting to see if it goes for that.

hibeg
16-03-2021, 04:06 PM

He bought the Hibs v Q Park from me on eBay for £350. His £750 asking price was quite frankly ridiculously OTT, as was £900 for Celtic v Hibs. £500ish is about the right price I would say
It will probably be on his catalogue.

Itsnoteasy
25-05-2021, 05:44 PM
ICT SC 2016 just sold for £207 on ebay.

danhibees1875
26-05-2021, 07:27 AM
I've bought 3 programmes, and only 3 programmes, this year; hearts semi, SJ semi, and SJ final.

These programmes clearly come with some form of supernatural inherent bad luck, does that make them more valuable?

I'm also not sure if I can bring myself to ever buy a programme again. :panic:

hibeg
26-05-2021, 05:29 PM
ICT SC 2016 just sold for £207 on ebay.

Not surprised and think it will only go up, ultra rare !!!!
Raith seems to be very difficult as well now, I remember a guy in Kirkcaldy was selling them for around £8 just after the final. This will be another £100 plus I guess before too long

scoopyboy
26-05-2021, 05:54 PM

Interesting comment, I had an example of that quite recently.

I had bought a Rangers v Clyde 1949 Scottish Cup Final programme on ebay for £75 a couple of years ago, when it arrived there was a match ticket in with it. I put the programme in with the rest of my collection and actually forgot about the ticket. I found it when having a spring clean earlier this year and stuck it on ebay hoping to maybe get £20.

Within a couple of hours I had offers of £75 and £80 but turned them down as I thought there was maybe more to come, with about 10 minutes left on the auction it had edged up to £92 but in the last minute it rocketed up to £181.50. Couldn't believe my luck.

I asked around and seemingly anything Rangers pre 1950 is going for silly money.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2021, 06:47 PM
I've bought 3 programmes, and only 3 programmes, this year; hearts semi, SJ semi, and SJ final.

These programmes clearly come with some form of supernatural inherent bad luck, does that make them more valuable?

I'm also not sure if I can bring myself to ever buy a programme again. :panic:

Might be worth a few pounds for St Johnstone fans unfortunately

danhibees1875
26-05-2021, 07:38 PM
Might be worth a few pounds for St Johnstone fans unfortunately

Possibly. My experience of programmes is that Hibs fans seem to be more into them than others and inflate the price accordingly (I'm sure you can get the 5-1 programme for £10 for instance!).

Lancs Harp
25-06-2021, 06:10 PM
Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup semi final programme 1948 currently on ebay. £205 so far and only been on two days.

hibeg
25-06-2021, 06:36 PM
Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup semi final programme 1948 currently on ebay. £205 so far and only been on two days.

One sold a couple of months ago for £460 in vg condition, with 3 bidders over £400
Another is currently on sale BIN for £600. He has dropped the price as it was originally £750 😂

hibeg
02-07-2021, 12:34 AM

£225 final price. I suppose the team changes and fold affected the price. I see another one is on with a bid of £149.

Lancs Harp
05-12-2021, 01:15 PM
For those that collect Hibs friendly programmes there is a 1950 Villa away programme on ebay at the moment. The seller is looking for £24.99 starting bid.

Hibernian Verse
15-12-2021, 03:12 PM
Anyone got a rough idea of the value of the 2016 final signed by Gray, Hanlon, McGregor, Boyle & Stevenson with match ticket mounted and framed?

I also have the 2007 CIS Final signed by everyone bar Stevenson in the middle section, and then Stevenson on the white border of the frame it's in.

danhibees1875
23-12-2021, 09:01 AM
Anyone got a rough idea of the value of the 2016 final signed by Gray, Hanlon, McGregor, Boyle & Stevenson with match ticket mounted and framed?

I also have the 2007 CIS Final signed by everyone bar Stevenson in the middle section, and then Stevenson on the white border of the frame it's in.

They've been scribbled on? That's a shame. Lucky to get a £5 now, but I'll give you £10 to be nice...

:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
24-12-2021, 11:34 AM
They've been scribbled on? That's a shame. Lucky to get a £5 now, but I'll give you £10 to be nice...

:greengrin

:greengrin Thanks for the generous offer

scoopyboy
06-01-2022, 05:25 PM
One on eBay at the moment.

Sitting at £49.99 and it's in bits.

Makes me all the more grateful for the one that I got from hibeg a few years ago.

Of all the post war finals this is by far the rarest (well apart from the 1948 replay).

hibeg
09-01-2022, 05:23 PM
One on eBay at the moment.

Sitting at £49.99 and it's in bits.

Makes me all the more grateful for the one that I got from hibeg a few years ago.

Of all the post war finals this is by far the rarest (well apart from the 1948 replay).

It was a pleasure Scoops :flag:

Unbelievable that it went for £150, as you said it had literally fallen apart !

tynehibs
09-01-2022, 05:59 PM
It was a pleasure Scoops :flag:

Unbelievable that it went for £150, as you said it had literally fallen apart !

Incredible somebody would pay that for a programme in such poor condition

hibeg
13-03-2022, 04:50 PM
Hibs v Barcelona ( postponed) coming on eBay tonight, I have been told

BenjiOscar
16-03-2022, 10:49 AM
Wonder if that’s the copy that sold at auction recently for £160 along with the rescheduled programme?

hibeg
16-03-2022, 03:57 PM
Wonder if that’s the copy that sold at auction recently for £160 along with the rescheduled programme?

What auction was that Benji ?

BenjiOscar
16-03-2022, 07:14 PM
What auction was that Benji ?

Hello, it was an online auction last week at the-saleroom.com I’m sure it hosts SportingOld auctions amongst others and I saw the programmes the weekend before last after a friend had mentioned it to me. As mentioned, both programmes (the December postponed match programme and the rescheduled February match programme) were being sold together as one lot. I checked an hour or so before the auction closed and the bid at that point was at £160 plus 20% commissions. I think that’s what it finished at.

hibeg
16-03-2022, 09:51 PM
Hello, it was an online auction last week at the-saleroom.com I’m sure it hosts SportingOld auctions amongst others and I saw the programmes the weekend before last after a friend had mentioned it to me. As mentioned, both programmes (the December postponed match programme and the rescheduled February match programme) were being sold together as one lot. I checked an hour or so before the auction closed and the bid at that point was at £160 plus 20% commissions. I think that’s what it finished at.

Thanks. There must be some bargains out there in auction land. I only ever look on eBay these days !

Viking
22-03-2022, 08:44 PM

Hi, Is this the February 1961 game you are talking about?

EastThomasSTboy
23-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Hi, Is this the February 1961 game you are talking about?

NO....its the December Postponed game only.:flag:

hibeg
30-03-2022, 08:41 AM
NO....its the December Postponed game only.:flag:

I see it went for just under £400. Seems about right
Also noticed the Arbroath postponed in the early 70s sold for £125

Hibernian Verse
17-04-2022, 04:35 PM
I’ve just found my programme and match ticket from the Barcelona game in 2008. Did I read on here that Americans were paying stupid amounts for these?

EL Green
18-04-2022, 09:29 AM
I’ve just found my programme and match ticket from the Barcelona game in 2008. Did I read on here that Americans were paying stupid amounts for these?

Yes, an unused ticket for this match sold for just over £500 a couple of weeks ago, a couple of others have sold for around £250. I think it is the ticket rather than the programme that is interesting buyers?

tynehibs
18-04-2022, 11:40 AM
Yes, an unused ticket for this match sold for just over £500 a couple of weeks ago, a couple of others have sold for around £250. I think it is the ticket rather than the programme that is interesting buyers?

Another ticket has appeared, opening bid of £90 !

Hibernian Verse
18-04-2022, 12:37 PM
My Raith v Hibs 2016 programme is being listed on ebay at 6pm tonight. I had meant to do it months ago but never got round to it.#

Will list my Barcelona ticket when they others end.

tynehibs
18-04-2022, 01:05 PM
My Raith v Hibs 2016 programme is being listed on ebay at 6pm tonight. I had meant to do it months ago but never got round to it.#

Will list my Barcelona ticket when they others end.
I sold a Raith last year at around £85, think you will do well with it, considering the current bid on the hearts away

Hibernian Verse
18-04-2022, 01:15 PM
I sold a Raith last year at around £85, think you will do well with it, considering the current bid on the hearts away

Cheers. It has slight scuffs on the front which are from the day I think it adds to it's authenticity :greengrin but it may well affect the value.

Hibernian Verse
18-04-2022, 01:23 PM
I don't think any of these have any value but I have these others in my collection;

Hibs v Copenhagen 1962
Hibs v Rangers League Cup Semi (Pens win in 2004)
Hibs v St Mirren 2000 Signed by Zitelli
Hibs v Peterhead 2006 (2007 cup run)
Hibs v Oesters
Hibs v Hearts 2006 (2007 cup run)
Hibs Training Centre info booklet from opening day
Hibs v Livi 2006 (7-0)
Hibs v Odense (Intertoto)
1991 Cup Final Programme
Hibs v Gretna 2006 (2007 cup run)
Rangers v Hibs 2006 (0-3 O'Connor Sproule & Killen)
The Scottish Footballer by Bob Crampsey
Hibs v Sporting, Besa & Split collection
Hibs v St Mirren 2006 (signed by Lawrie Reilly & Eddie Turnbull & some of the Hibs team :not worth)
Hibs v Norrkoping
Hibs v St Johnstone 2007 (2007 cup run with ticket)
Aberdeen v Bayern Munich

Are any of these worth putting on ebay?

tynehibs
19-04-2022, 12:30 PM
I don't think any of these have any value but I have these others in my collection;

Hibs v Copenhagen 1962
Hibs v Rangers League Cup Semi (Pens win in 2004)
Hibs v St Mirren 2000 Signed by Zitelli
Hibs v Peterhead 2006 (2007 cup run)
Hibs v Oesters
Hibs v Hearts 2006 (2007 cup run)
Hibs Training Centre info booklet from opening day
Hibs v Livi 2006 (7-0)
Hibs v Odense (Intertoto)
1991 Cup Final Programme
Hibs v Gretna 2006 (2007 cup run)
Rangers v Hibs 2006 (0-3 O'Connor Sproule & Killen)
The Scottish Footballer by Bob Crampsey
Hibs v Sporting, Besa & Split collection
Hibs v St Mirren 2006 (signed by Lawrie Reilly & Eddie Turnbull & some of the Hibs team :not worth)
Hibs v Norrkoping
Hibs v St Johnstone 2007 (2007 cup run with ticket)
Aberdeen v Bayern Munich

Are any of these worth putting on ebay?
Unfortunately none of them are particularly difficult to get, although some autos may inflate prices, you just never know with eBay ! I noticed the Raith is doing nicely though 😊