PDA

View Full Version : Tony Mowbray,Alan Stubbs,Neil Lennon.

Babyshamble
10-06-2018, 05:17 PM
what a privilege it was/is to have these guys managing our club.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Well said 👏🏼

10-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Tony Mowbray Neil Lennon
Alan Stubbs a f@##@#g legend

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Tony Mowbray Neil Lennon
Alan Stubbs a f@##@#g legend

Thanks. I wondered what the tune was

Hi Heid Yin
10-06-2018, 05:55 PM
In my lifetime, might I add a certain Eddie Turnbull to that noble list?

Just Jimmy
10-06-2018, 06:09 PM
Mowbrays side played sensational football at times but bottled it too often in big games.

Stubbs - legend

Lennon has pushed us on and has the makings of a great Hibernian manager. long may it continue.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
10-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Mowbrays side played sensational football at times but bottled it too often in big games.

Stubbs - legend

Lennon has pushed us on and has the makings of a great Hibernian manager. long may it continue.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Agree with all of that

And also Mowbray behaved like a co** when he brought Celtic to ER

danhibees1875
10-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Agree with all of that

And also Mowbray behaved like a co** when he brought Celtic to ER

You should have a wee look at the threads from back when Lennon brought Celtic to ER :wink:

AgentDaleCooper
10-06-2018, 06:30 PM
You should have a wee look at the threads from back when Lennon brought Celtic to ER :wink:

That's part of his charm though

Eyrie
10-06-2018, 06:32 PM

But Lennon wasn't a former Hibs boss back then.

Mowbray had made his name in management with us but chose to ignore that when at Easter Road as Celtc boss.

danhibees1875
10-06-2018, 06:35 PM
But Lennon wasn't a former Hibs boss back then.

Mowbray had made his name in management with us but chose to ignore that when at Easter Road as Celtc boss.

Agreed - my comment about Lennon was a bit tongue in cheek.

I don't actually remember what TM done...

tamig
10-06-2018, 06:46 PM
Agreed - my comment about Lennon was a bit tongue in cheek.

I don't actually remember what TM done...

Came on the pitch and joined in the huddle and he may have convened an impromptu huddle again at the end. Not totally sure about the last bit but seem to recall it happening.

danhibees1875
10-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Came on the pitch and joined in the huddle and he may have convened an impromptu huddle again at the end. Not totally sure about the last bit but seem to recall it happening.

Springbank
10-06-2018, 07:03 PM

for all the great football under Tony, it was Johnnie Collins (a true Hibernian great) who won us a cup 5-1 vs Locke, Brown and Jefferies.

mowbray should have won a Scottish Cup in 2005 only to find 1-0 with ten mins to go in thé semi is not the time To sub off all your best players. that 2-1 semi Defeat to utd was a shocker and it was mowbrays calls that blew it.

keep the faith
10-06-2018, 07:07 PM

And then point blank refused to look at the screen right beside him when questioned about and shown a blatant dodgy decision which went Celtics way during the match.

He acted like a total weirdo that day.

Haymaker
10-06-2018, 07:09 PM

Didn't Stacky get involved in that huddle?

tamig
10-06-2018, 07:19 PM

He did join in one right enough and it could well have been that game. Mowbray was pretty disrespectful to us that day. Changed my opinion of him big time and his career has gone on a downward spiral ever since.

hfc rd
10-06-2018, 07:51 PM
I don’t mind Mowbray but don’t have the same amount of respect for him as I do for Stubbs & Lennon.

iwasthere1972
10-06-2018, 08:02 PM

Stack in the huddle with you. Think it was a chart hit yonks ago.

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2018, 08:06 PM
Tony Mowbray teenage kicks

Alan Stubbs Scottish Cup

Neil Lennon Championship-Jury still out.

As things stand just now I would rather one of our stands named after Eddie Turnbull before one of these guys.

I would agree to a statue to Stubbsy outside the West but would not want him back as Manager too nice a guy!

InchHibby
10-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Mowbray was good, some good football, wasn’t totally committed to us and pissed of without a second thought, end of story.
Stubbs was better, couldn’t, unfortunately, get us out of that dreaded division, brought in great players, but done something no other manager did in 114 years, a legend, never to be forgotten and for the record I wouldn’t be disappointed if at sometime he returned.
Lennon, without exception has taken us to another level, a level not seen since Turnbull Tornadoes, difference this time is it’s a lot more of a level playing field, not at all saying we’re league contenders, but two cups and second place is up for grabs now, and with the club going from strength to strength who’s to say all three prizes are beyond us.
There’s something special going on at Easter Road just now, certainly not witnessed by me and I’ve been a supporter now for 64 years, I’m still buying my season ticket, not only because I want to, also because I don’t want to miss this special time.
GGTTH

1van Sprou7e
10-06-2018, 08:42 PM
Tony Mowbray teenage kicks

Alan Stubbs Scottish Cup

Neil Lennon Championship-Jury still out.

As things stand just now I would rather one of our stands named after Eddie Turnbull before one of these guys.

I would agree to a statue to Stubbsy outside the West but would not want him back as Manager too nice a guy!

Obviously, Turnbull was both a legendary player and manager for us

The rest of them have only managed for 2 years each

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Mowbray was good, some good football, wasn’t totally committed to us and pissed of without a second thought, end of story.
Stubbs was better, couldn’t, unfortunately, get us out of that dreaded division, brought in great players, but done something no other manager did in 114 years, a legend, never to be forgotten and for the record I wouldn’t be disappointed if at sometime he returned.
Lennon, without exception has taken us to another level, a level not seen since Turnbull Tornadoes, difference this time is it’s a lot more of a level playing field, not at all saying we’re league contenders, but two cups and second place is up for grabs now, and with the club going from strength to strength who’s to say all three prizes are beyond us.
There’s something special going on at Easter Road just now, certainly not witnessed by me and I’ve been a supporter now for 64 years, I’m still buying my season ticket, not only because I want to, also because I don’t want to miss this special time.
GGTTH
Agree good times ahead no doubt.Lenny definitely a winner has taken us up a level and hopefully can take us onwards and upwards to the next level.It is concerning that Rodgers who has not been found out sorry tested in our League is now being mentioned for vacancies in the English Premiership which makes me think that if this comes to pass Celtic will come calling.There is also the possibility that if early results signings do not go to plan in the new season Lenny is susceptible to throwing a wobbly and throwing all of his toys out of the pram again.

Lago
10-06-2018, 08:47 PM
:top marks

tamig
10-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Agree good times ahead no doubt.Lenny definitely a winner has taken us up a level and hopefully can take us onwards and upwards to the next level.It is concerning that Rodgers who has not been found out sorry tested in our League is now being mentioned for vacancies in the English Premiership which makes me think that if this comes to pass Celtic will come calling.There is also the possibility that if early results signings do not go to plan in the new season Lenny is susceptible to throwing a wobbly and throwing all of his toys out of the pram again.
I think there’s another aspect to Lenny and Hibs though. He’s away from all the OF pish he had to put up with in Glasgow and he seems happy with life in the east. If Celtic came calling I don’t think it’s guaranteed he’d return there.

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2018, 08:57 PM
I think there’s another aspect to Lenny and Hibs though. He’s away from all the OF pish he had to put up with in Glasgow and he seems happy with life in the east. If Celtic came calling I don’t think it’s guaranteed he’d return there.
Hope no.

1van Sprou7e
10-06-2018, 08:58 PM

Possibly but I can see him going to a bigger club in a year or two

Probably more likely to go south than west though I would think

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Obviously, Turnbull was both a legendary player and manager for us

The rest of them have only managed for 2 years each
I suppose I am biased Eddie Turnbull was my hero as a footballer coach and master tactician but like Lenny was not everyone’s cup of tea. Let’s hope Lenny can kick on and by pass Eddie Turnbulls legacy and achievements and put us back where we belong at the very top of Scottish Football. How does the Neil Lennon stand sound?

There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class.

1van Sprou7e
10-06-2018, 09:12 PM
I suppose I am biased Eddie Turnbull was my hero as a footballer coach and master tactician but like Lenny was not everyone’s cup of tea. Let’s hope Lenny can kick on and by pass Eddie Turnbulls legacy and achievements and put us back where we belong at the very top of Scottish Football. How does the Neil Lennon stand sound?

There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class.

Haha, can't see that happening unless he stays for 10+ years or wins a league title. Neither of which are very likely at all

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2018, 09:14 PM
Haha, can't see that happening unless he stays for 10+ years or wins a league title. Neither of which are very likely at all
The Eddie Turnbull Stand it is then! Which one?

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Alex Miller won a League Cup! Is that pushing it?

Northernhibee
10-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Stubbs is my favourite of the three. I didn't think leaving that game against Hamilton that I could regain as much pride or belief in our club as quickly as we did, games like 4-0 and 2-2 and I certainly didn't think that within two years of relegation we'd have brought home the holy grail.

When I was in the school playground I dreamt of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup. Even in my lifetime it took another twenty years or so for it to happen, god knows what it would have been like for our more mature fans.

A manager who gave us so much on the pitch and was an absolute gentleman off of it. It's over used but out of those alive, only the likes of Stanton etc. embody "Hibs class" as much as Stubbs.

Haymaker
10-06-2018, 10:44 PM
He did join in one right enough and it could well have been that game. Mowbray was pretty disrespectful to us that day. Changed my opinion of him big time and his career has gone on a downward spiral ever since.

:greengrin loved Stacky, had a few pints with him in the 4ih after that cup final, cracking bloke.

jacomo
10-06-2018, 10:56 PM
And then point blank refused to look at the screen right beside him when questioned about and shown a blatant dodgy decision which went Celtics way during the match.

That’s the truth of it.

Infuriating at the time but he was clearly struggling at Celtc. I’ve mellowed over the years and wish him the best at Blackburn.

But would be nice if he acknowledged us from time to time.

Haymaker
10-06-2018, 11:04 PM
Iirc Judas Mcgeady dived and got a 2nd yellow and he - Mowbray - refused to watch the replay that clearly showed no contact.

I remember when the whistle went the Hibs player was just resigned to being booked such is the way against Celtc

Mixu62
10-06-2018, 11:22 PM
The Eddie Turnbull Stand it is then! Which one?

Well technically he's already got a fifth of a stand named after him!

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 12:03 AM
I love them all. Only because I’m hammered, I also love you all on here... ok maybe not all but some 😎

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 12:16 AM
I love them all. Only because I’m hammered, I also love you all on here... ok maybe not all but some 😎

:faf:

On a school night???? :wink:

snooky
11-06-2018, 12:26 AM
I don’t mind Mowbray but don’t have the same amount of respect for him as I do for Stubbs & Lennon.

Mowbray - Sorry, but I never was a fan.
Stubbs - Take away the Grail (& yes, I know, that's a BIG take away) and what have you got left? I did like Stubbs though.
Lennon - I used to think he was a horrible little man. Now I see him in a totally different light. My favourite of the three mentioned.
None of which come close to Ned, btw.

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 12:46 AM
:faf:

On a school night???? :wink:

Don’t I’m already getting it tight from the missus. 😁

BILLYHIBS
11-06-2018, 04:20 AM
Did ye hear any transfer rumours when ye were on the lash? Whatever happened to Gary Hooper?

:partyhibb

JimBHibees
11-06-2018, 05:56 AM
Stack in the huddle with you. Think it was a chart hit yonks ago.

:not worth :greengrin

Barman Stanton
11-06-2018, 06:40 AM
Mowbray - Sorry, but I never was a fan.
Stubbs - Take away the Grail (& yes, I know, that's a BIG take away) and what have you got left? I did like Stubbs though.
Lennon - I used to think he was a horrible little man. Now I see him in a totally different light. My favourite of the three mentioned.
None of which come close to Ned, btw.

Even if he hadn’t won the cup, he was still
Instrumental in transforming Hibs. Take a look at the team he inherited and the team he left Lennon. Also brought back attacking football.

Was also a big fan of Mowbray. But Lennon is on a different level to both.

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 07:34 AM
Did ye hear any transfer rumours when ye were on the lash? Whatever happened to Gary Hooper?

:partyhibb

Nah nothing at all. Asked though about Hooper told same as before that it’s a player Lennon wants in. I genuinely can’t see us getting someone like him though.

CorrieHibs
11-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Wouldn’t have Mowbray down as one of my favourite managers.

I would have McLeish over him (controversial cause he went to the huns) McLeish had some great players at Easter Road at the time and it was an enjoyable period. Also his record against Hearts was well impressive!

Love Lennon more though.

heretoday
11-06-2018, 08:46 AM
All good managers who presided over attractive Hibs teams. The trouble was one or two of them didn't stick around long enough.

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 08:53 AM
If Lennon wants to be looked upon like Turnbull and Stubbs are then he needs to win a major trophy imo.

poolman
11-06-2018, 09:04 AM

That he did

I lost a lot of respect for him that day

KWJ
11-06-2018, 09:12 AM
If Lennon wants to be looked upon like Turnbull and Stubbs are then he needs to win a major trophy imo.

Or some Aberdeen like consistency at the top end of the table. Genuine excitement in May.

Or a significant European run.

I'd already have him up there with McLeish though.

Allan may be no Latapy and love him as I do Hanlon is no Sauzee (:greengrin) but the team can be as dynamic and exciting to watch while possessing a strong core of Scottish players. McLeish's team came 6th and 3rd, lost a cup final and despite the experience didn't get through a Euro tie.

pacoluna
11-06-2018, 10:23 AM
It's funny how people jumped to the conclusion that Lennon is only here short term waiting for the Celtic gig. Yet he will be here longer than than Stubbs and mowbray who jumped ship at the first sniff.

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 10:33 AM
It's funny how people jumped to the conclusion that Lennon is only here short term waiting for the Celtic gig. Yet he will be here longer than than Stubbs and mowbray who jumped ship at the first sniff.

Lennon hasn't been offered a job since joining hibs so could quite easily jump ship at the first sniff. I think you will find Stubbs was offered the chance to leave hibs mid season 15/16 and chose to stay so that's complete nonsense and another myth that people want to slate Stubbs with

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Lennon hasn't been offered a job since joining hibs so could quite easily jump ship at the first sniff. I think you will find Stubbs was offered the chance to leave hibs mid season 15/16 and chose to stay so that's complete nonsense and another myth that people want to slate Stubbs with

I think I'm right in saying that h was sounded out for the Scotland job.

He declined.

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 10:40 AM
I think I'm right in saying that h was sounded out for the Scotland job.

He declined.

Don't think an approach was ever made?

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Don't think an approach was ever made?

I thought he had been unofficially sounded out, but I may have picked that up wrong.

pacoluna
11-06-2018, 11:34 AM
What team came in for Stubbs, must have been a really bad offer if he declined it but took the Rotherham job. He's admitted he jumped ship to quick so how is it slating him?

SaulGoodman
11-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Tony Mowbray is a dick.

Imo

sleeping giant
11-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Tony Mowbray is a dick.

Imo

:agree:
Bell end.

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 12:07 PM
What team came in for Stubbs, must have been a really bad offer if he declined it but took the Rotherham job. He's admitted he jumped ship to quick so how is it slating him?

I didn't say he didn't leave too early but wasn't the first club who came calling. Rotherham came in for him around november/December iirc

FRes Hibbie
11-06-2018, 01:07 PM

Pretty sure Mowbray turned down the Ipswich job before accepting the WBA job a few months later.

In hindsight he was fortunate to inherit the talent he did but I think he's getting it a bit too tight on this thread. IMO brown, Thomson, deek and g'oc never played better before or after their time with Mowbray - at hibs or anywhere else.

Swedish hibee
11-06-2018, 02:59 PM

Your offered a job you love in the country your family live and for a lot more noughts on your salary income..
Who the hell wouldn't take it?

pacoluna
11-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Your offered a job you love in the country your family live and for a lot more noughts on your salary income..
Who the hell wouldn't take it?

Derek McInnes.

banarc7062
11-06-2018, 05:58 PM

Agree 100% GGTTH

BILLYHIBS
12-06-2018, 07:02 AM
Eddie Turnbull pour moi!