PDA

View Full Version : Scotland vs Hibs

sauzee6_2
09-06-2018, 10:41 PM
Obviously a completely hypothetical question.......

Scotland are in the World Cup final against England, and on the same day, at the same time, Hibs play hearts in the Scottish cup final.

What game do you watch???

IGRIGI
09-06-2018, 10:45 PM
Prior to 2014 it would've been a difficult choice for me, however I still can't get over the cringe of watching unionists stand to sing the line "and be the nation again" when they collectively shat it in 2014.

If they would have the balls to stand by their convictions and belt our God Save the Queen then maybe I'd have a decision to make, but as long as they continue to embarrass the rest of us it's a no brainer.

3pm
09-06-2018, 10:47 PM
Hibs. Nae contest.

AgentDaleCooper
09-06-2018, 10:49 PM
hibs every time. scotland winning would be a bonus, but i would be expecting them to loose TBH.

Bostonhibby
09-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Hibs. Record it then watch it again straight after.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

GreenLake
09-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Hibs

hibeemikey21
09-06-2018, 10:55 PM

Scotland are in the World Cup final against England, and on the same day, at the same time, Hibs play hearts in the Scottish cup final.

Without a doubt, Scotland. Astonished to see I’m the first one to say that!

darwenhibby
09-06-2018, 11:08 PM

Simple buy two tellys
But Hibs would have a case to get our game postponed because of the Hibs representation for Scotland
Yams wouldn’t

Vini1875
09-06-2018, 11:12 PM
Rather see Hibs win a corner than Scotland or Ireland qualify for the World Cup. International football provides me with no excitement at all.

supermcginn
09-06-2018, 11:13 PM
Hibs without a shadow of a doubt.

tamig
09-06-2018, 11:15 PM
Club before country every single time. No doubt whatsoever.

Jamesie
09-06-2018, 11:15 PM
Hibs every time. With how I feel about international football these days, if it was a choice between Scotland qualifying for a World Cup and Hibs qualifying for the Europa League group stages, I would choose the latter.

Galahibby
09-06-2018, 11:19 PM
100% Hibs. That same scenario, except Hibs playing Spartans in the League Cup: still Hibs 🇳🇬💚

snooky
09-06-2018, 11:47 PM

SvE - couldn't care less
HvH - usually too much tension for me

Austinho
10-06-2018, 12:02 AM
Scotland playing in a World Cup Final would be a once in a lifetime event. Would have to be that I’m afraid.

Diclonius
10-06-2018, 12:16 AM
Depends. Is it the ****ty cowardly 2012 team or the one we have now?

howdenthehibby
10-06-2018, 12:29 AM
Hibs of coarse

JimboHibs
10-06-2018, 12:31 AM
This thread lol

snooky
10-06-2018, 12:59 AM
Rather see Hibs win a corner than Scotland or Ireland qualify for the World Cup. International football provides me with no excitement at all.

When I was young I was a big Scotland fan. These days, I don't give two hoots about the national team, TBH.

Tha Cabbage Kid
10-06-2018, 06:39 AM
Scotland for me!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
10-06-2018, 06:55 AM
Prior to 2014 it would've been a difficult choice for me, however I still can't get over the cringe of watching unionists stand to sing the line "and be the nation again" when they collectively shat it in 2014.

If they would have the balls to stand by their convictions and belt our God Save the Queen then maybe I'd have a decision to make, but as long as they continue to embarrass the rest of us it's a no brainer.

So what would you watch :greengrin

It would be Scotland as others have said once in a lifetime and the whole country would be on board it would make 2016 celebration look like a house party.

Steve20
10-06-2018, 06:58 AM

People never “shat it”. Just because they had a different opinion to yours and voted that way.

Anyway, Hibs everytime. I’d watch Hibs in a normal league match against Motherwell instead of the Scotland in a World Cup final.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Oh great, yet another chance for folk to give the national team a collective boot in the balls. Post the same thread on The TAMB for a bit of balance.

Babyshamble
10-06-2018, 08:00 AM
Hibs every time.

marinello59
10-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Hibs.

Just Alf
10-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Hibs!

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the WC kicking off and if Scotland were there I'd be a wee bit keener, still Hibs tho :agree:

belhavenbill
10-06-2018, 08:32 AM
What idiot scheduled these games for the same day as , obviously, much of the Scottish team would be made up of Hibs players!

Sir David Gray
10-06-2018, 08:55 AM
I would rather attend the Hibs game then (if we win) come home and watch the re-run of the full Hibs game again than watch any part of the Scotland game.

calumhibee1
10-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Hibs. I’d take a Hibs win in a league game rather than Scotland winning the WC, as nice as that would be.

yonder1875
10-06-2018, 08:57 AM
No brainer, Hibs.

My_Wife_Camille
10-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Both for me :agree:

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2018, 09:10 AM
It’s club before country for me but the folk saying they would rather Hibs win a normal league game than Scotland winning the World Cup are either at it or English

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Cant answer that, as a patriotic Scot and a born and bred Hibby, its something i hope happens once in my lifetime. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
10-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Hibs. Not even a contest.

Dashing Bob S
10-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Would watch Hibs against lower league opposition in the early stages of s cup competition before any conceivable Scotland game.

danhibees1875
10-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Id be at the Hibs game, although it's a lot closer a call since 2016.

Anything other than a cup final then I'd probably be watching Scotland. I'm not even a big follower of international football, but Scotland in a WC final would be an incredible scene.

Stranraer
10-06-2018, 11:32 AM

Hibs game, always. International football doesn't float my boat.

1van Sprou7e
10-06-2018, 12:18 PM

ahaha whit

Booker5time
10-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Oh look another one of them threads where you can prove, how much of a uber hibs fan you are over you country :confused:

You dont have to pick guys, u can support both at the same time.:greengrin

Eyrie
10-06-2018, 12:58 PM
As a Scot I want the national team to win, but couldn't concentrate on them even in the World Cup Final for worrying about Hibs were getting on.

So I'd watch Hibs play, and then the Scotland game "as live".

pacoluna
10-06-2018, 01:33 PM
What a lot of bollocks, the only reason those people wouldn't go to the world cup final is cause they wouldn't get tickets 😂😂😂😂. How the hell could u possibly pick a Hibs game over a bloody world cup final against . England. You must be taking the piss 😂.

SRHibs
10-06-2018, 01:41 PM
What a lot of bollocks, the only reason those people wouldn't go to the world cup final is cause they wouldn't get tickets 😂😂😂😂. How the hell could u possibly pick a Hibs game over a bloody world cup final against . England. You must be taking the piss 😂.

Because we are Hibs fans first and foremost? If Hibs lose it ruins my weekend, if Scotland lose I can brush it off pretty easily.

pacoluna
10-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Because we are Hibs fans first and foremost? If Hibs lose it ruins my weekend, if Scotland lose I can brush it off pretty easily.

He's talking about a world cup final against England 😂😂😂😂 no a qualifier again Albania.

WeeRussell
10-06-2018, 01:50 PM

I’m confused. Are you attributing the result of the independence referendum to the national team’s support?

Re the OP. Not even close. Scotland.

The Spaceman
10-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Scotland. Most of us were there to see Hibs lift the cup in the greatest game in our history. Imagine the scenes across Scotland going on such a run over a World Cup? Everywhere would be mad/buzzing and if we won, wow.

WeeRussell
10-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Scotland. Most of us were there to see Hibs lift the cup in the greatest game in our history. Imagine the scenes across Scotland going on such a run over a World Cup? Everywhere would be mad/buzzing and if we won, wow.

.. apart from all the cool Scottish people who don’t like Scotland ;)

One Day Soon
10-06-2018, 02:05 PM

The absolute state of this post.

SRHibs
10-06-2018, 02:13 PM
He's talking about a world cup final against England 😂😂😂😂 no a qualifier again Albania.

He’s talking about the Scottish Cup Final vs Hearts, not a League Cup game vs Arbroath.

pacoluna
10-06-2018, 02:16 PM
He’s talking about the Scottish Cup Final vs Hearts, not a League Cup game vs Arbroath.

We've been to a cup final against hearts before, infact we've been to a couple of cup finals and we will be at more again in the future. A world cup final against England would be absolutely life changing, it would generate attention from all over the world, I don't think you understand how big it would be probably cause it will never ever happen ��.

Any way Scotland beating England at cricket will do for just now, which looks likely atm.

barcahibs
10-06-2018, 02:37 PM
This seems to come up again every couple of weeks. Anyway, same answer i give every time, Hibs. Absolutely zero interest in international football - and if i had my way Hibs would refuse permission for our players to take part.

Actually i do caveat that slightly... If the team includes any celtc, sevco or Hearts players, then, although i still don't really care, I'd probably take a bit of pleasure in them getting beaten if i saw their greetin faces on the news afterwards. Wouldn't go looking for it, but it would probably brighten my day if i stumbled across it.

Frazerbob
10-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Oh great, yet another chance for folk to give the national team a collective boot in the balls. Post the same thread on The TAMB for a bit of balance.

This. ***** thread.

Frazerbob
10-06-2018, 02:42 PM

Out if interest, have you polled those who sing FOS at Scotland games to find out how they voted?

tamig
10-06-2018, 02:44 PM

Because in football Hibs comes before anything for me. Its clearly not bollocks for a lot of other folk too.

wookie70
10-06-2018, 02:46 PM
If Hibs were playing any competitive match they would be my first choice by quite a margin. However, if Scotland did get to a World Cup final then my enthusiasm for the National side may have grown. I doubt it would be enough to stop me choosing Hibs though.

erin go bragh
10-06-2018, 02:57 PM

Watch ? I’d be at Hampden but I’d put the Scotland game on flash scores :)
But seriously cmon , no way are Hearts ever getting to a final :)

pacoluna
10-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Because in football Hibs comes before anything for me. Its clearly not bollocks for a lot of other folk too.

Because they don't want to somehow discredit their absolute Uber support of Hibs 😂.

McD
10-06-2018, 02:58 PM

Imagine people having the temerity to exercise their democratic right to vote as they chose. You know, voting on their convictions, as I’m sure you did.

its a shame that you feel embarrassed to live somewhere that we respect democratic outcomes.

Frazerbob
10-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Hibs every time. With how I feel about international football these days, if it was a choice between Scotland qualifying for a World Cup and Hibs qualifying for the Europa League group stages, I would choose the latter.

How many SSC loyalty points are you on? ;)

guthrie01
10-06-2018, 03:08 PM

I sure do love when people bring political matters into any conversation they can :rolleyes: Lighten up it's just a fun question asked by the op

Anyway before 2016 it would of been Hibs, but Scotland winning the World Cup would be a different kind of joy to experience

villahibs
10-06-2018, 03:11 PM
It’s club before country for me but the folk saying they would rather Hibs win a normal league game than Scotland winning the World Cup are either at it or English

How's that then? Obviously when Scotland play I want them to win, but if they don't then.... I'll be over it before the post match interviews!
For me internationals are an unwelcome distraction. I hate not going to a Hibs game on a Saturday because Scotland are away to Malta.
I've also never been able to attend a derby, passionately despise guys like Levein, McKay, Berra etc. Then want them to do well for Scotland a few days later 😂. Might sound a bit pathetic but that's just how it is with me.

Joe6-2
10-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Absolutely no question! Hibernian

Jamesie
10-06-2018, 03:36 PM
How many SSC loyalty points are you on? ;)

It’s still important to support the team 😉

Del Boy
10-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Scotland

SRHibs
10-06-2018, 03:50 PM
We've been to a cup final against hearts before, infact we've been to a couple of cup finals and we will be at more again in the future. A world cup final against England would be absolutely life changing, it would generate attention from all over the world, I don't think you understand how big it would be probably cause it will never ever happen ��.

Any way Scotland beating England at cricket will do for just now, which looks likely atm.

I fully understand how big the game would be, but the fact still remains that I care about Hibs more than the Scotland team. Both events would happen regardless in the OP’s scenario, so all the ‘life changing’ stuff would still exist.

SRHibs
10-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Because they don't want to somehow discredit their absolute Uber support of Hibs 😂.

I’m not a patriotic person and my only affinity to the Scotland team comes based on the border I was born inside. That’s not enough to trump Hibs, the team I’ve followed every day since I was a kid.

pacoluna
10-06-2018, 03:57 PM
I’m not a patriotic person and my only affinity to the Scotland team comes based on the border I was born inside. That’s not enough to trump Hibs, the team I’ve followed every day since I was a kid.

The Hibs team would be weakened anyway because half the team will be playing for scotland 😀.

California-Hibs
10-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Scotland.

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2018, 04:23 PM
How's that then? Obviously when Scotland play I want them to win, but if they don't then.... I'll be over it before the post match interviews!
For me internationals are an unwelcome distraction. I hate not going to a Hibs game on a Saturday because Scotland are away to Malta.
I've also never been able to attend a derby, passionately despise guys like Levein, McKay, Berra etc. Then want them to do well for Scotland a few days later 😂. Might sound a bit pathetic but that's just how it is with me.

If you read my post you will see my point.

I’m club before country as well but the folk my post was aimed at was the ones saying they would choose Hibs v Motherwell rather than Scotland in a WC Final

Galahibby
10-06-2018, 05:14 PM
I can't believe how many people are getting so upset by the fact that some of us would choose Hibs (v anybody) over Scotland (v anybody). I always want Scotland to win but that's about where my interest ends. Doesn't make me any more of an 'uber' Hibs supporter than it makes you an 'uber' Scotland supporter. By the same principle, I hate rugby but would still always want Scotland to win if they're playing; I just have little interest beyond that. Sorry, like 😏

WeeRussell
10-06-2018, 05:22 PM
I can't believe how many people are getting so upset by the fact that some of us would choose Hibs (v anybody) over Scotland (v anybody). I always want Scotland to win but that's about where my interest ends. Doesn't make me any more of an 'uber' Hibs supporter than it makes you an 'uber' Scotland supporter. By the same principle, I hate rugby but would still always want Scotland to win if they're playing; I just have little interest beyond that. Sorry, like 😏

I wouldn’t call any of the responses “upset” but you would believe it if you knew how these monthly threads usually pan out.

Tinribs
10-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Would love to see Scotland win the world cup, just don't think I could bring myself to mixing with the be-kilted Timberland boots brigade.

villahibs
10-06-2018, 11:07 PM
If you read my post you will see my point.

I’m club before country as well but the folk my post was aimed at was the ones saying they would choose Hibs v Motherwell rather than Scotland in a WC Final

Yip... still rather beat Motherwell 😂

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 12:20 AM
England. :wink:

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2018, 05:54 AM
I'd rather Hibs win our upcoming friendly Vs Berwick rangers than Scotland win a world cup. Hibs always first

Bill Milne
11-06-2018, 07:58 AM
One of the dafter threads I've seen, but Hibs always come first!!

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 08:49 AM
I obviously want Scotland to win every game they play and want them to do well but as long as hibs win on a Saturday I couldn't care less about any other football score

Barman Stanton
11-06-2018, 09:00 AM
I’m always normally Hibs over Scotland but if it’s a World Cup final then it would be Scotland.

I think people have forgotten the excitement of Scotland actually being in the finals. Imagine them progressing - Qtr Final, Semi final etc. By the time they got to the final the whole nation would be gripped. Even those that claim to have no interest in the national team.

WeeRussell
11-06-2018, 09:47 AM
I’m always normally Hibs over Scotland but if it’s a World Cup final then it would be Scotland.

I think people have forgotten the excitement of Scotland actually being in the finals. Imagine them progressing - Qtr Final, Semi final etc. By the time they got to the final the whole nation would be gripped. Even those that claim to have no interest in the national team.

Exactly. I even almost got excited when Scotland got the the RUGBY world cup semis!

kaimendhibs
11-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Always Hibs.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hibby Gav
11-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Always Hibs first....
not even a choice for me...

ggtth

Hibiza
11-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Hibs u20's :flag:

pacoluna
11-06-2018, 10:18 AM
I'd rather Hibs win our upcoming friendly Vs Berwick rangers than Scotland win a world cup. Hibs always first

Aye ok then.

heidtheba
11-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Hibs. There's a much better common spirit than there is in Scotland. Sadly, supporting Scotland is now too political for me to get any enjoyment from.

Monts
11-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Whichever game Lewis was playing in

Hibs Class
11-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Hibs first. Not close.

RecobasUncle
11-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Easily Scotland over Hibs, though hopefully it wouldn't be at a Hampden with an athletics track. For me I'm not that hardcore a fan. I watch stuff outside of Scotland almost as much.

Also I mean, Scotland have never won the World Cup and we won the Scottish Cup fairly recently so priority seems easy. There'd also be a slight political angle and with my pro-independence leanings victory would probably taste sweeter.

WHAM
11-06-2018, 12:26 PM

100% this.

When we almost qualified for Euro 2008, the whole country was absolutely gripped for that Italy game....it would be off the scale.

AngloHibs
11-06-2018, 08:29 PM
.....There'd also be a slight political angle and with my pro-independence leanings victory would probably taste sweeter.

Genuine question from an Englishman. Why might a Scottish victory taste better to a Scottish separatist than it would to a proud Scot who is also happy to remain part of the UK?
I ask this because I don't feel that my Englishness is in any way diluted by my country being in a partnership with other countries who we are lucky to share borders with. Sorry if this derails the thread somewhat.

hfc rd
11-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Hibs game on in the front room with the Scotland game on in the bedroom.

Sammy7nil
11-07-2018, 02:04 PM
I think what is happening in England today gives you a small indication of what might happen if Scotland ever got this far in the WC. It would be utter madness, carnage, chaos the streets would be a sea of drunken hyper bams.

I really don't think you can imagine what it would be like across the whole country.

If Hibs were in a final on the same day i am not even sure it would get a mention on radio / t v and you would struggle to book buses pubs etc for travel pre match drinks. The country would come to a stand still for a short period of time.

Sammy7nil
11-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Easily Scotland over Hibs, though hopefully it wouldn't be at a Hampden with an athletics track. For me I'm not that hardcore a fan. I watch stuff outside of Scotland almost as much.

Also I mean, Scotland have never won the World Cup and we won the Scottish Cup fairly recently so priority seems easy. There'd also be a slight political angle and with my pro-independence leanings victory would probably taste sweeter.

What a strange post :confused: so because u are pro-independence it would be sweeter why :confused:

SirDavidsNapper
11-07-2018, 03:14 PM
Club before country every time. No brainer. McGinn and McGeough in the Scotland squad has made me take more of an interest of late but mainly because i didn't want them injured!