PDA

View Full Version : Rugby

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

weecounty hibby
09-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Great day of rugby today for those who enjoy their sportsmen to just get on with playing and not pretending to be injured😀 Just watched NZ cuff France, now Australia v Ireland, England v SA later, Scotland in Canada in the wee small hours. Alloa Rugby Club ball tonight as well. Will most likely watch Scotland tomorrow while nursing a hangover. Paris sevens on as well

JimBHibees
11-06-2018, 06:42 AM
Interesting case here in Scottish rugby. Ex director of Domestic rugby and Finn Russell's dad wins tribunal case for wrongful dismissal describing SRU environment as toxic. Quite bizarre.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/rugby-union/44428170?__twitter_impression=true

heretoday
16-06-2018, 10:36 AM
I thought France were unfortunate to lose Fall so early. I don't think it was a red. They fought bravely despite it but it was a pretty scrappy affair.

weecounty hibby
16-06-2018, 04:27 PM
Didn't see France v NZ and just back to see the start of 2nd half of SA v England. Boks looking strong, England missing lots of tackles. This SA side were awful just a few months ago. Argentina v Wales could be good later

Mibbes Aye
17-06-2018, 02:15 AM
Stayed up a bit later than I would normally, to catch the USA-Scotland game.

Early into the second half and the US showing up well. Strong and athletic, but sometimes a bit too eager which leads them into problems with high tackles or offside.

Their hooker has been outstanding offensively.

cabbageandribs1875
17-06-2018, 03:07 AM
£30 on USA @ 10/1....

pheewww missed conversion, as expected

30-29 USA

£330 thank ya very much, Scotland were utterly pathetic in that 2nd half, men against wee girls and USA fully deserved the win, scotland were cruising at 21-6 tae :agree:

Fritz
17-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Bit of a shocker from Scotland this, although I was very impressed with USA. They were aggressive and athletic as you might expect but I was surprised at how good their game management was.

Their hooker was great as was MacGinty who ran the show. Compare that with Hastings who, whilst he had some nice touches, never controlled the game like an experienced 10 would.

We could have nicked it at the end bit would have been totally undeserved. Just goes to highlight the lack of strength in depth in our squad.

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 09:03 AM
All Blacks are a total machine. Currently dismantling a French team who were playing ok in the first half.

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 09:34 AM
Australia v Ireland up next. Series decider. Another good game to look forward to

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Irelanda with a series win down under. Good result for them
England up next, fingers crossed for another defeat and a series whitewash. Would be great to see that arrogant test Jones on the end of that

nellio
23-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Ireland are absolutely incredible at the moment.

Really hope the bokke whitewash England this afternoon and that Scotland can bounce back against Argentina.

Argentina have been pretty poor in their last 2 tests against Wales. We were good but they made us look amazing.

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 02:31 PM
Ireland are absolutely incredible at the moment.

Really hope the bokke whitewash England this afternoon and that Scotland can bounce back against Argentina.

Argentina have been pretty poor in their last 2 tests against Wales. We were good but they made us look amazing.
Thank God their is another rugby fan on here amongst all the savages! Felt like I was talking to myself😀
Yeah Argentina are not great at the moment but Scotland's new boys didn't look too clever last week. Better to have a stronger side this week

McD
23-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Thank God their is another rugby fan on here amongst all the savages! Felt like I was talking to myself😀
Yeah Argentina are not great at the moment but Scotland's new boys didn't look too clever last week. Better to have a stronger side this week

Think townsend experimented a little bit too much in the USA game, although it’s a tough balance to strike, when many of the big names/first choice players aren’t on tour

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 04:46 PM
Think townsend experimented a little bit too much in the USA game, although it’s a tough balance to strike, when many of the big names/first choice players aren’t on tour

Agree, I think the team v USA should have been the one that played Canada and vice versa.

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 04:47 PM
England / SA. Crap conditions, crap game, crap result. Eddie Jones will still be an arrogant twat

nellio
23-06-2018, 07:01 PM

Welsh mate it's in the blood! Keep it quiet but I was watching rugby well before I was watching footie!!

Scotland are a great price to beat Argentina. I've put a tenner on. The USA game was a blip.

Do you ever go watch Edinburgh?

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Welsh mate it's in the blood! Keep it quiet but I was watching rugby well before I was watching footie!!

Scotland are a great price to beat Argentina. I've put a tenner on. The USA game was a blip.

Do you ever go watch Edinburgh?
Yeah occasionally but not as often as I'd like. When I'm not at Hibs I'm still heavily involved with my local club so end up there more than Murrayfield. I've known some of the Edinburgh boys since they were kids as the started off playing at Alloa and I played with their dads and uncles.

nellio
23-06-2018, 07:41 PM
I have been a few times but found Edinburgh too expensive to go regularly. They've reduced the prices for next season though for pro 14 and kept them the same for champions cup so will go a lot more.

I go to watch Scotland a lot. It's fantastic value compared to watching Wales.

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 07:55 PM
I have been a few times but found Edinburgh too expensive to go regularly. They've reduced the prices for next season though for pro 14 and kept them the same for champions cup so will go a lot more.

I go to watch Scotland a lot. It's fantastic value compared to watching Wales.
We go to Swansea every two years as a club for the six nations, been doing that for years. Going down for the Doddie Weir game in autumn as well.
To be honest I'd rather support my own home town club than Edinburgh or Glasgow anyway. Good to go to the pro games occasionally though but have more connection to my own club

cabbageandribs1875
23-06-2018, 07:57 PM
Argentina 0 Scotland 21 after just 13 mins :hyper

wtf's going on

3-28 after 21 mins, the chucking rain maybe making us feel at home :)

David_D
23-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Been some game so far. Helps that Argentina’s team are playing just as well as their football team.

weecounty hibby
23-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Possibly the worst Argentina team I have seen in at least 20 years. Scotland playing well tho and are putting them away and being ruthless. Good first half

cabbageandribs1875
23-06-2018, 08:29 PM
3-36 at HT, the all-blacks couldn't handle us tonight

cabbageandribs1875
23-06-2018, 08:30 PM
Been some game so far. Helps that Argentina’s team are playing just as well as their football team.

at least their rugby boys have managed 3 points

nellio
23-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Possibly the worst Argentina team I have seen in at least 20 years. Scotland playing well tho and are putting them away and being ruthless. Good first half

I told you they were awful at the moment!!

hfc rd
24-06-2018, 01:46 PM
1st half was brilliant to watch. We seemed to score try after try every time we attacked. Argentina were very poor. They were a little better in the 2nd half but the game was already over by then. Looking forward to the autumn tests.

hibeg
28-10-2018, 03:09 PM
No Hibs game yesterday so travelled down to Jedburgh to watch Musselburgh in a top of the table National League 1 clash.

Don’t know the last time Jed lost at home but they were well beaten yesterday by a superb performance.
The commitment and skill on show was a pleasure to watch although I was wincing at some of the challenges 😂

After 9 games Burgh and Jed jointly top the league. I’m pretty sure most clubs pay the players but Musselburgh play for nowt !!
Would recommend popping down to watch them if interested in RU. Very good standard and you can take your pint to the game :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2018, 02:12 PM
No Hibs game yesterday so travelled down to Jedburgh to watch Musselburgh in a top of the table National League 1 clash.

Don’t know the last time Jed lost at home but they were well beaten yesterday by a superb performance.
The commitment and skill on show was a pleasure to watch although I was wincing at some of the challenges 😂

After 9 games Burgh and Jed jointly top the league. I’m pretty sure most clubs pay the players but Musselburgh play for nowt !!
Would recommend popping down to watch them if interested in RU. Very good standard and you can take your pint to the game :greengrin

They’re doing really well this season but I bet some of them get paid by “sponsors”.

hibeg
30-10-2018, 03:23 AM
Are you ITK Danderhall ? I know they got win bonuses last season but apparently that stopped.
Ironic really as they have already won more games this season and not half way through yet :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2018, 06:53 AM
Are you ITK Danderhall ? I know they got win bonuses last season but apparently that stopped.
Ironic really as they have already won more games this season and not half way through yet :greengrin

Not any more - I used to be. Just didn’t think they’d have went from paying “signing on fees” (like they did 15-20 years ago) to nothing.

Bet they’re gutted they scrapped the win bonus! What did they replace it with?

hfc rd
01-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Got tickets for the South Africa game in 2 weeks. Can’t wait!

heretoday
10-11-2018, 03:04 PM
Watching the Fiji game on TV. There are lines of beer bottles along the trackside wall. Folk swigging away quite happily. Seems a world apart.

hfc rd
10-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Very good performance from Scotland today, 2nd half especially. Watching this Scotland rugby team is an absolute pleasure compared to the national football team who are an abysmal joke!

Golden Bear
10-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Fantastic atmosphere coming across from Murrayfield today, it was great to see a capacity crowd v Fiji. The marketing guys hard work is starting to pay off and we have every reason to be optimistic about the future performances of our national team.

nellio
11-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Went yesterday. Scotland really clinical and seem to have eliminated errors from their game.

SA next week will be a big test for them. Will be close that one. Looking forward to going.

Frazerbob
12-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Anyone been or going to Vegas for the 7’s on Feb/March?

JimBHibees
13-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Went yesterday. Scotland really clinical and seem to have eliminated errors from their game.

SA next week will be a big test for them. Will be close that one. Looking forward to going.

Clinical second half thought first half they looked defensively poor and Fiji scored with pretty much any attack they had.

Sylar
13-11-2018, 10:16 AM
Clinical second half thought first half they looked defensively poor and Fiji scored with pretty much any attack they had.

The tries they scored did indeed look easy, but it was individual errors rather than the entire defense being inept. It made such a difference to us (from the Wales game last week) having Finn, Hoggy and Laidlaw back in the fold.

The South Africa game will be an excellent test for us this weekend, and I'm looking forward to experiencing another "lights out" game at Murrayfield. Hopefully we can continue from where we left off in the second half on Saturday.

JimBHibees
13-11-2018, 04:18 PM
The tries they scored did indeed look easy, but it was individual errors rather than the entire defense being inept. It made such a difference to us (from the Wales game last week) having Finn, Hoggy and Laidlaw back in the fold.

The South Africa game will be an excellent test for us this weekend, and I'm looking forward to experiencing another "lights out" game at Murrayfield. Hopefully we can continue from where we left off in the second half on Saturday.

Think it will be a great game. Really enjoy watching Scotland at the moment, great style of play and some amazing players. Thought Russell's passing was excellent on Saturday.

hfc rd
13-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Think it will be a great game. Really enjoy watching Scotland at the moment, great style of play and some amazing players. Thought Russell's passing was excellent on Saturday.

I’m also looking forward to the South Africa game. Going to be an excellent match against a team that has regained its form and confidence after the dismal Allister Coetzee reign. The atmosphere on a Saturday night game is always a cracking experience! New Zealand game from last year stands out for me as one of the best along with the England 6 Nations game this year.

Since Finn Russell’s move to Racing 92, his game has come on leaps and bounds. He was signed to replace All Blacks legend Dan Carter who has moved to Japan and from what I’ve seen he doesn’t look out of place in that French League at all. Saturdays performance showed he looks a more mature player and is only going to get better and better I feel.

Also Stuart Hogg has signed for Exeter after the World Cup next year and the Chiefs play a very similar entertaining style of rugby to this Scotland team. They have been lacking a world class number 15 for quite some time and the signing of Hoggy should fill that huge problem position. Hoggy will excel down there as Exeter’s rugby is a joy to watch at times in the Premiership. With the addition of Hogg, I feel it is only going to get better for the Chiefs and it will also make Hoggy an even better player similar to what Finn’s move to France has done.

The future is bright for our national team 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Golden Bear
13-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Put it like this, I've more enthusiastic about watching our national rugby union team than the current national fitba team!

hfc rd
13-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Put it like this, I've more enthusiastic about watching our national rugby union team than the current national fitba team!

100% agree. It’s not even comparable. You are bonkers if you think otherwise.

Our national football team is a joke and shows no signs of improving. I won’t even be surprised if they get turned over by both Albania and Israel.

Also look at the desire, hunger and pride these rugby lads have/show when they pull on that Scotland shirt. They are proud to wear it and always give it their all till the final whistle. Something you can’t say about our national football team players.

Golden Bear
17-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Brilliant first half, great entertainment. Springboks with a narrow half time lead but I'm confident we can get a result. Russell at fly half is the great enigma, unfortunately he's not having the best of games tonight.(So far!)

Mr Grieves
17-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Brilliant first half, great entertainment. Springboks with a narrow half time lead but I'm confident we can get a result. Russell at fly half is the great enigma, unfortunately he's not having the best of games tonight.(So far!)

Russell has been pish. Entertaining match with some great play

DaveF
17-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Quite enjoyed the egg chasing today as a one off change to the football. But does anyone think that new Zealand haka is now just an over dramatic bit of theatre. Suppose it always has been but even the Irish crowd were getting bored with how long it took.

Golden Bear
17-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Deserved 26-20 win for the bocks in the end . They totally controlled the second half but Scotland were their own worst enemy on occasions.

heretoday
17-11-2018, 07:37 PM
What a match in Dublin. Irish in front.

Sylar
17-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Just back home. Probably got what we deserved out of the match - nothing. So many stupid penalties given away at crucial points in the game. I thought we lost an edge when Hogg and Laidlaw went off, but still felt like we were just a couple of plays away from finding a gap.

They're an excellent team though and won't be far off the pace at the World Cup next year. They're both fast and powerful.

What a great atmosphere though, and what an excellent buzz there was in town after the match - South Africa and Scotland fans all readily mingling with no sniff of trouble. Another great matchday experience.

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2018, 07:34 AM
What a match in Dublin. Irish in front.

Great game. Ireland were excellent.

McD
18-11-2018, 08:16 AM
Deserved 26-20 win for the bocks in the end . They totally controlled the second half but Scotland were their own worst enemy on occasions.

Yeah we we didn’t do ourselves any favours at times. Also felt the ref let them away with a lot of spoiling in the rucks, which was their main tactic in slowing down Scotland, meaning we struggled to get the ball out to our dangerous runners. His interpretation of the scrum was poor as well.

That said, their yellow card was very harsh

nellio
18-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Does anyone else think that Laidlaw is really slow getting the ball out? At times yesterday it seemed he always waited an extra second or 2.

cabbageandribs1875
18-11-2018, 12:24 PM
Does anyone else think that Laidlaw is really slow getting the ball out? At times yesterday it seemed he always waited an extra second or 2.

i did find myself shouting at the screen a few times telling him to speed it up a bit :greengrin always going to be very difficult against a team that beat the all-blacks in their own backyard, finn russell guilty of kicking a few poor kicks this time around, i was a tad puzzled why the commentator thought SA would possibly suffer when their player got sin-binned as i couldn't see us going through them in the 2nd half even if they went TWO players down, indeed it was SA themselves that scored with another two penalties(i think) in the period the guy was off, as for Ireland...i've thought for the last couple of seasons that they can win the WC next year, just a pity we happen to be in the same group as them :rolleyes: along with the hosts japan(again) and of course the samoans(again) who we only just scraped past in the last WC

McD
18-11-2018, 04:45 PM

Ive thought for a long time that laidlaw’s best attribute is his leadership and calmness in the moment. His service from the ruck is quite slow, there’s always a noticeable difference when Price is playing, he’s much faster at getting the ball out, giving Russell et al that extra split second to do something.

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2018, 06:05 PM

:agree: everyone does. He’s in to take the easy kicks form around 40m. Other than that he doesn’t add too much to the team.

Fritz
21-11-2018, 11:16 AM
VERY exciting looking backline for the Argentina game! Be interesting to see how Hastings and Russell go together. It was a good wee cameo against Fiji but game was already won. If they are all firing on Saturday then there could be fireworks! Would have been good to see either Price or Horne at 9 but I guess GT wants at least one old head to offer some control.

nellio
21-11-2018, 01:30 PM
VERY exciting looking backline for the Argentina game! Be interesting to see how Hastings and Russell go together. It was a good wee cameo against Fiji but game was already won. If they are all firing on Saturday then there could be fireworks! Would have been good to see either Price or Horne at 9 but I guess GT wants at least one old head to offer some control.

The 12 is seen as the "creative" centre and the 13 is the power usually so should be good to see Russell slot in there.

Sergio sledge
21-11-2018, 03:25 PM
The 12 is seen as the "creative" centre and the 13 is the power usually so should be good to see Russell slot in there.

It's normally the other way round to be honest, a power guy doing crash balls at 12, with 13 a bit more creative. Although recently at international level particularly some teams have switched the two players around and have two creative players at 10 and 12 and then a power guy at 13. If I'm remembering correctly it was started by England with Wilkinson and Catt and has continued with Ford and Farrell.

It is generally a solution for teams whose best players are both in the same position at 10 and you don't want to leave someone out, so it makes sense given Hastings is in good form to give it a shot for Scotland.

Russell is a much better 10 than Horne, so in theory he should be a better 12 as well. Doesn't always work like that though.

nellio
22-11-2018, 01:29 PM
It's normally the other way round to be honest, a power guy doing crash balls at 12, with 13 a bit more creative. Although recently at international level particularly some teams have switched the two players around and have two creative players at 10 and 12 and then a power guy at 13. If I'm remembering correctly it was started by England with Wilkinson and Catt and has continued with Ford and Farrell.

It is generally a solution for teams whose best players are both in the same position at 10 and you don't want to leave someone out, so it makes sense given Hastings is in good form to give it a shot for Scotland.

Russell is a much better 10 than Horne, so in theory he should be a better 12 as well. Doesn't always work like that though.

Yeah I was thinking about Farrell in at 12. Wales played Roberts at 12 usually thinking about it so you are right there.

Fritz
24-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Well that wasn't a classic! Though I was better off being at Murrayfield than ER by the sounds of it. Conditions obviously didn't help but fair to say the Hastings/Russell experiment didn't work today.

hfc rd
24-11-2018, 06:53 PM
We won but it wasn’t really a good performance. Defensively we did well in preventing the Argentines from getting near our try line. However we offered very little, in fact hardly anything, offensively. The number of penalties we were conceding and the mistakes we were making was absolutely making me very annoyed and angry. Just glad the Argentina player who was taking the pens for them didn’t have his shooting boots on. A better team would have punished us heavily today. Townsend will not be happy with that.

hfc rd
24-11-2018, 11:08 PM
Just watched Joe Schmidt’s post match interview. Looks like he will be announcing on Monday that he will be leaving judging by that. Huge blow for Ireland as he’s a terrific coach.

weecounty hibby
25-11-2018, 08:56 AM
Russell needs to play at stand off as he isn't a centre. He can be frustrating at times but he is the best we have. I thought our tactics were poor throughout the autumn and we kicked away possession too often. Very important 6 nations coming up. The plus for me lately is that we now have a few decent front row combinations whereas a couple of years ago we were really struggling there.

heretoday
28-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Ireland are world no ones. Hurrah! I'm sure they'll suffer for it once the All Blacks get their act together.

Sylar
22-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Cracking game tonight at Murrayfield and an excellent atmosphere too. Edinburgh really played some fast, expansive rugby and boy are we mean defensively!

Decent crowd at the game too, on what was a great night for rugby.

Golden Bear
22-12-2018, 09:49 PM
I was at ER but tuned in to see the last 35mins. Through local connections I'm an avid Warriors fan so was disappointed to witness yet another dismal performance against Edinburgh at Murrayfield. The Warriors are their own worst enemy at times, more talented than Edinburgh imo but of no use unless they can prove it .

hibeg
09-01-2019, 07:34 PM
No Hibs for a few weeks so back to watching Musselburgh in National League 1. Incredible win last week in Glasgow by a point , first time Burgh have ever won against GHA away in their history!!!

Massive game at home on Saturday v Gala, really looking forward to it

Currently 5 points behind the league leaders, so still a chance of winning the league although I think Marr are just too strong

Danderhall Hibs
09-01-2019, 08:43 PM
No Hibs for a few weeks so back to watching Musselburgh in National League 1. Incredible win last week in Glasgow by a point , first time Burgh have ever won against GHA away in their history!!!

Massive game at home on Saturday v Gala, really looking forward to it

Currently 5 points behind the league leaders, so still a chance of winning the league although I think Marr are just too strong

Lost a couple of games before Christmas that could be costly in the end. Doing really well though.

How did you get into watching them?

hibeg
10-01-2019, 08:48 AM
Aye, the 2 recent losses were tough, but Marr at home and Aberdeen away were always going to be difficult. Balanced up a bit by winning in Glasgow though !
7 games left to play with 4 winnable homes and 3 aways v relegation candidates.

It would be good to know WTF is going to happen with league reconstruction next season though :greengrin
I reckon the top 4 or 6 will join up with the remaining Premiership clubs. If Burgh can play league matches v the likes of Hawick next season then that would be amazing.

I got into watching them because one of my lads plays for them. Honestly find it more entertaining this season than going to ER !!

nellio
10-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Big rugby year now.

6 nations is in a few weeks then roll on world cup.

Fritz
12-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Fantastic win for Edinburgh in Toulon tonight! Toulon not the force they once were but even so, Edinurgh only the 3rd team to win there in Europe. A few tricky moments in the 1st half bit totally dominated the second. Bill Mata's offload for the 3rd try was outrageous!

cabbageandribs1875
12-01-2019, 06:48 PM
watched it, hope they get a decent crowd next friday against montpellier

Sylar
12-01-2019, 08:17 PM
watched it, hope they get a decent crowd next friday against montpellier

Absolutely! Playing some great rugby this year in general and we deserve a decent support.

Can't wait to next Friday now - should be a cracker at Murrayfield under the lights!

Golden Bear
12-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Fantastic performance from Edinburgh tonight. They totally dominated play in the second half and ran out deserved winners. I hope they get a good turnout at Murrayfield on Friday night and go on to top their group.

Praise indeed from an avid Warriors fan.!

😁

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Good 5 point win for Glasgow today. In with a shout of a QF as well although apparently it could be an all Scottish QF if things go as well all hope next weekend. That’d be a cracker and obviously mean a Scottish team in the semi.

nellio
13-01-2019, 07:51 PM
Come on Edinburgh. Been a few times this year, they are superb under cockers.

Bring on Friday, can't wait.

Fritz
18-01-2019, 08:38 PM
I tell you what, Edinburgh are a properly good rugby side now. Nothing lucky about that win tonight, thoroughly deserved. What a job Cockerill's done.

cabbageandribs1875
Absolutely! Playing some great rugby this year in general and we deserve a decent support.

Can't wait to next Friday now - should be a cracker at Murrayfield under the lights!

great 19-10 win tonight, lost a wee bit momentum with hamish watson going off with an injury after 30 mins, hope he's ok, very nearly a scary last 3 minutes if that boy had collected for the interception, home QF

weecounty hibby
Edinburgh with a fantastic win tonight over Montpellier in front of just under 12000 folk. Home champions cup quarter final draw. Great stuff

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2019, 09:25 PM
great 19-10 win tonight, lost a wee bit momentum with hamish watson going off with an injury after 30 mins, hope he's ok, very nearly a scary last 3 minutes if that boy had collected for the interception, home QF

Suspected break/fracture of his hand. Hope he’s ok for the 6N but looking unlikely.

Great win and brilliantbtaht both Scottish teams through to the QF.

Cockerill seems to think it’ll be Munster it Exeter in the QF (depends on tomorrow’s result).

JeMeSouviens
18-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Is the QF draw open? Could Edinburgh get Glasgow?

Sylar
18-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Bloody freezing cold night at Murrayfield, which perhaps helped. Just arrived back home and I think the car journey just about warmed me back up!

So deserving of the win. Darcy Graham is well deserving of his international call up - he was, once again, outstanding!

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Is the QF draw open? Could Edinburgh get Glasgow?

It’s seeded - I think it’s 1v8, 2v7,3v6 and 4v5.

The top 4 group winners are guaranteed a home QF. Not sure if they can play each other - that was mentioned by John Barclay on tv last week but this week it’s not been said and Cockerill was suggesting it’ll be Munster or Exeter.

Golden Bear
19-01-2019, 08:29 AM
The TV guys were saying that the attendance was 12,000 which is respectable but dwarfed in a stadium the size of Murrayfield. Hopefully it will not be too long before Edinburgh Rugby get their own purpose built stadium as the atmosphere in a ground which is more suited to their needs will be so much better.

hfc rd
19-01-2019, 09:08 AM
The TV guys were saying that the attendance was 12,000 which is respectable but dwarfed in a stadium the size of Murrayfield. Hopefully it will not be too long before Edinburgh Rugby get their own purpose built stadium as the atmosphere in a ground which is more suited to their needs will be so much better.

Are they not building a “Mini Murrayfield” next to the West stand? Definitely agree with you that Edinburgh deserve their own home ground.

Fantastic result last night and well deserved victory. Cockers has done a phenomenal job at Edinburgh and long may it continue! It’s good to see both Scottish clubs doing well domestically and on the European stage as well. It’s good for national team. Only downside from last night was Hamish Watson going off injured. Hope it ain’t nothing serious!

When is the draw for the quarter finals? Can’t seem to find it anywhere! Definitely will be planning on going along and cheering on the Burgh!

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Are they not building a “Mini Murrayfield” next to the West stand? Definitely agree with you that Edinburgh deserve their own home ground.

Fantastic result last night and well deserved victory. Cockers has done a phenomenal job at Edinburgh and long may it continue! It’s good to see both Scottish clubs doing well domestically and on the European stage as well. It’s good for national team. Only downside from last night was Hamish Watson going off injured. Hope it ain’t nothing serious!

When is the draw for the quarter finals? Can’t seem to find it anywhere! Definitely will be planning on going along and cheering on the Burgh!

There’s no draw - it’s based on the qualifying rank.

hfc rd
19-01-2019, 11:39 AM
There’s no draw - it’s based on the qualifying rank.

Ahh right , I didn’t know. Who are we then most likely to play in the quarter finals?

Golden Bear
19-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Ahh right , I didn’t know. Who are we then most likely to play in the quarter finals?

They suggested it would be either Munster or Exeter.

Hamish Watson seems to have broken a bone in his hand. He was heading for an assessment today.

Frazerbob
19-01-2019, 12:46 PM

They are ‘building’ a wee stadium on the back pitches. It’ll only hold 8000 and is basically 4 make-shift stands like behind the goal at Inverness & Ross County. Not sure I’d call it a mini Murrayfield. Missed opportunity IMHO.

theonlywayisup
19-01-2019, 06:29 PM
GIRUY alert

Am I correct that it was the English and French rugby authorities who forced the changes to rugby's elite European competition. These were designed to increase the number of their teams participating in the competition thereby increasing their chances to win it.

For the current competition, it looks like in the Quarter Finals there will be:

1 English team out of 7 who qualified to the group stage
2 French teams out of 6 ditto
3 Irish teams our of 3 ditto
0 Welsh teams out of 2 ditto
2 Scottish teams out of 2 ditto

That worked out well for the English and teams rugby authorities - GIRUY guys

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2019, 08:14 PM
Edinburgh at home to Munster and Glasgow away (again) to Saracens.

Tough ties - if it goes how we hope it’ll be Glasgow v Edinburgh in the semi...

nellio
21-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Edinburgh have a great chance of beating Munster at home but can't see Glasgow getting a win at allianz.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2019, 05:03 PM
GIRUY alert

Am I correct that it was the English and French rugby authorities who forced the changes to rugby's elite European competition. These were designed to increase the number of their teams participating in the competition thereby increasing their chances to win it.

For the current competition, it looks like in the Quarter Finals there will be:

1 English team out of 7 who qualified to the group stage
2 French teams out of 6 ditto
3 Irish teams our of 3 ditto
0 Welsh teams out of 2 ditto
2 Scottish teams out of 2 ditto

That worked out well for the English and teams rugby authorities - GIRUY guys

as per the norm in sport nowadays it's down to finance, i don't think Scotland could support 3 top flight teams.

Edinburgh at home to Munster and Glasgow away (again) to Saracens.

Tough ties - if it goes how we hope it’ll be Glasgow v Edinburgh in the semi...

Glasgow don't stand a chance away to Saracens imo, Edinburgh should get a 20,000+ attendance for the game v Munster surely, a huge incentive for both Scottish clubs as well with the final getting played at Parkhead :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Glasgow don't stand a chance away to Saracens imo, Edinburgh should get a 20,000+ attendance for the game v Munster surely, a huge incentive for both Scottish clubs as well with the Pro 14 final getting played at Parkhead :agree:

I agree - I hope they manage but can’t see it. They were good in spells at the weekend down there so you never know.

I think Edinburgh will get over 20k, even bigger if Scotland have a good six nations.

Golden Bear
01-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Really looking forward to the Six Nations this year. It will be closely contested with the Irish probably starting as pre tournament favourites. It's a pity the Scottish squad has been decimated with injuries but hopefully they perform well and can win a game away from Murrayfield for a change!

I've just settled down for the opening fixture with a generous dram and a large packet of Kettle crisps.

Can't wait!

hibsbollah
01-02-2019, 07:08 PM
:sauzee:

Golden Bear
05-04-2019, 02:19 PM
I'm heading to Scotstoun tonight for the Warriors game v Ulster. It's a sell out crowd and I'm really looking forward to it. There's always a great atmosphere in the stadium and tonight will be no different. 'Mon you Warriors!

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Glasgow v Edinburgh tonight in the Pro 14, Edinburgh have won the two previous meetings this season

live on Premier sports 1 @ 7.25pm

from the BBC

A win for Warriors will ensure a home semi-final in the Pro14, but defeat could consign them to the quarter-finals should Munster win to take over at the top of Conference A.

Edinburgh are still in contention to reach the quarters but defeat could mean they finish fifth in Conference B and miss out on next season's Champions Cup.

If Edinburgh finish fourth, they will enter the play-off for the final Champions Cup place on offer to Pro14 sides, while finishing fifth would consign them to the Challenge Cup.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Stuart Hogg with his new look platinum Blonde hair

20-3 Glasgow HT

Golden Bear
27-04-2019, 07:33 PM
So far so good for the Warriors but the game is far from over. Edinburgh have the wind behind them this half and an early score will make things interesting.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2019, 08:06 PM
easy enough for glasgow 27-3 after an hour, the commentator agreed with me :greengrin in thinking edinburgh have to work so hard to get a try(they were camped on the glasgow 5 metre line for 10 mins) whereas glasgow can score a try with the blink of an eye out of nothing

yet another simple Glasgow try

34-3

consolation try for Edinburgh 34-10

Sylar
27-04-2019, 08:42 PM
We were already all but out before tonight's game - I think that showed in how we competed against a rightly fired-up Glasgow!

They're more than capable of beating Ulster - could be carnage in Glasgow on Pro14 final day - Glasgow potentially playing at Celtic Park, the same day Celtic could potentially win their treble treble (and would want to go back to Celtic Park to celebrate, no doubt).

Golden Bear
27-04-2019, 09:54 PM
We were already all but out before tonight's game - I think that showed in how we competed against a rightly fired-up Glasgow!

They're more than capable of beating Ulster - could be carnage in Glasgow on Pro14 final day - Glasgow potentially playing at Celtic Park, the same day Celtic could potentially win their treble treble (and would want to go back to Celtic Park to celebrate, no doubt).

I bet the Authorities never even gave that scenario a thought but you're absolutely correct and especially so as it's a 6.30pm kick off!

Sylar
29-04-2019, 12:40 PM
I bet the Authorities never even gave that scenario a thought but you're absolutely correct and especially so as it's a 6.30pm kick off!

I'll absolutely be rooting for you against Ulster regardless. Be great to see a Scottish team win the Pro14. I bet Hoggy would love to leave Glasgow on that note too.

hibeg
29-04-2019, 08:29 PM
Not posted for a while as Musselburgh went on a horrendous losing run, getting cuffed by most of the teams near the bottom of the league.
It all came down to the final game of the season v Jed Forest and 1 point was required to overtake Gala and gain promotion to the summit of club rugby in Scotland for the first time in around 35 years.
Unfortunately around 10 first team guys were away in Portugal on a players stag do😂 ( the season should have ended about a fortnight before this match was played)
We hoped Jed would field their reserves , as the Hawick sevens were on the same day. That didn’t happen as Jed still had a slim chance of winning the league
The Burgh youngsters put on an incredible show and although we lost the game 41-29, 5 tries meant we nabbed the losing bonus point to pip Gala.
Roll on next season where we will now play teams like Hawick , Glasgow Hawks and the others who never got into the super sixes 👌

Sergio sledge
30-04-2019, 01:33 PM
For anyone interested, the BBC are live streaming the Touch World Cup https://www.internationaltouch.org/events/world-cup/2019/mens/ from Malaysia for the next three days and have streamed the first two days which can be watched on catch-up.

The main competitions are the mens, womens and mixed open, however there are also older age categories being competed at the world cup. The main hopes for Scotland are in the mixed open category where men and women compete alongside each other, with a minimum of 3 women required on the pitch at all times. Scotland are currently ranked number 2 in the world and are the reigning European Champions, having defeated Wales 12-11 in the final last year. The toughest game in the group will be on Thursday against the world number 1 Australians, who have only conceded 2 tries in their 4 games so far. Scotland have played 4 games and won 4, also doing extremely well to only concede 6 tries in their 4 games. They ended todays play with a 20-0 (1 point per try) win over Germany which can be watched starting at about 3h 55 mins into this stream: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p077797b/touch-rugby-world-cup-2019-day-2

I'm not sure if our game against England tomorrow or Australia on Thursday will be on the BBC live stream, but they can be streamed from the ITF page linked above or on YouTube. Better to watch the BBC if possible as they have commentary.

If everything goes to seeding in the mixed open we'll play number 3 ranked New Zealand in the semi finals, however Wales are looking to make a impression in their group after running Scotland close in the Euros last year. It'll be tough to topple Australia and New Zealand as both teams have some full time professionals in their ranks and Touch Rugby is seen as a legitimate development pathway for Rugby League and Union 7's over there. There is an official tournament that runs alongside the NRL with games played before NRL games in the same stadiums.

Apart from that we've had a poor two days so far with both the mens and womens open teams both losing their 2 games. Although defeats to England were expected for both teams, the losses to Fiji and Japan were more of a surprise.

Closer to home there are big touch leagues in Edinburgh and Glasgow, while teams exist in Stirling, Aberdeen, Dundee and my own team in Inverness, with tournaments throughout the summer. Touch is great way to play social rugby, stay fit and enjoy the (sometimes) good summer weather. It is well worth giving a shot if, like me, you want to keep playing competitive rugby in a team environment but cant fully commit to the rigours of a full contact 15-a-side season.

Danderhall Hibs
30-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Not posted for a while as Musselburgh went on a horrendous losing run, getting cuffed by most of the teams near the bottom of the league.
It all came down to the final game of the season v Jed Forest and 1 point was required to overtake Gala and gain promotion to the summit of club rugby in Scotland for the first time in around 35 years.
Unfortunately around 10 first team guys were away in Portugal on a players stag do😂 ( the season should have ended about a fortnight before this match was played)
We hoped Jed would field their reserves , as the Hawick sevens were on the same day. That didn’t happen as Jed still had a slim chance of winning the league
The Burgh youngsters put on an incredible show and although we lost the game 41-29, 5 tries meant we nabbed the losing bonus point to pip Gala.
Roll on next season where we will now play teams like Hawick , Glasgow Hawks and the others who never got into the super sixes 👌

You only sing when you’re winning. 😂

Great stuff though - as you say, first time in 30-odd years they’ve been in the top division.

cabbageandribs1875
17-05-2019, 10:31 PM
well done Glasgow tonight, clobbering Ulster 50-20 and through to the final v Leinster/Munster @ Parkhead next saturday

v Leinster it is, it's a toughie

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Glasgow score converted try, then Hogg ****s up big-style a minute later and gifts a try to leinster, not converted 7-5

penalty glasgow 10-5 don't like seeing teams taking the penalty when they're so close to the try line and in front of the sticks

Leinster converted try 10-12

10-15 HT

10-18 after 51 mins...glasgow really need to get on the scoreboard next

15-18 after 75 mins appalling conversion attempt by hastings

FT and like the football final not a great spectacle for either sport

JimBHibees
26-05-2019, 08:43 AM
Glasgow score converted try, then Hogg ****s up big-style a minute later and gifts a try to leinster, not converted 7-5

penalty glasgow 10-5 don't like seeing teams taking the penalty when they're so close to the try line and in front of the sticks

Leinster converted try 10-12

10-15 HT

10-18 after 51 mins...glasgow really need to get on the scoreboard next

15-18 after 75 mins appalling conversion attempt by hastings

FT and like the football final not a great spectacle for either sport

Watched most of this thought Glasgow wee bit unlucky but that gifted try was poor. Ref definiitely should have red carded Leinster full back which put Hogg out the game.

weecounty hibby
26-05-2019, 08:57 AM
The Irish teams are very cynical. When Scotland played Ireland at Murrayfield Hogg was taken out late and damaged his shoulder and had to be taken off, no penalty, no yellow card. Yesterday, taken in the air, landed on his head/neck, had to be taken off, penalty and yellow card. Both wrong decisions. It's no coincidence that Hogg is Scotland and Galsgows most dangerous player and this has happened twice against Irish sides

Golden Bear
26-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Let's just say that Leinster were "professional" in their approach. They play a style of rugby which is both boring and unattractive, unfortunately it's also a winning brand. I couldn't watch that every week, give me the Warriors cavalier approach anytime. It's akin to Hibs v Hertz in fact. 😁

Mibbes Aye
10-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Interesting Bledisloe Cup game in what is a World Cup year. Aussies leading against the All Blacks who got a red card just before half time.

Aussies went 26-14 up just after, but Beauden Barrett grabbed a try after some very dynamic pressure from the ABs, despite them being a man short.

It feels like Australia are playing as well as they can, which is very, very well. NZ feel a bit disjointed even before the red card, but Barrett’s try came from some exceptional movement and hand-offs.

And as I type, Australia score and convert a try. Probably beyond the All Blacks now but never say never.

weecounty hibby
10-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Was a very good game of rugby. Australia played very well and kept the ball alive well. They were helped by the sending off. Probably the hardest sport in the world to okay with a man short. I speak from experience with that and also the stats show that even in a yellow card the opposition will on average score 7 points while a man is off the field

Sylar
10-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Good game breaking out here between Argentina and the Springboks.

10-11 South Africa.

Hibeesmad
12-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Wales were ranked 1st in the world for the first time in their history following New Zealand’s recent defeat. However, I think it has ended shortly following their loss to England.

weecounty hibby
12-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Wales were ranked 1st in the world for the first time in their history following New Zealand’s recent defeat. However, I think it has ended shortly following their loss to England.
No don't think that's right, they were No2 and had to avoid losing to England to go into No1 position. They lost so don't go to No1

nellio
14-08-2019, 07:12 PM
No don't think that's right, they were No2 and had to avoid losing to England to go into No1 position. They lost so don't go to No1

She that's right. Played poorly against England and Anscombe out for the world cup. Nightmare.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2019, 07:43 AM

I think they went to number 1 after the all blacks lost - then got pumped and dropped back to number 2.

weecounty hibby
16-08-2019, 05:30 PM
I think they went to number 1 after the all blacks lost - then got pumped and dropped back to number 2.

Nah, the ABs were still No1, Wales needed to draw or win against England to go to No1. As you say they then got pumped which meant they never got to No1

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Nah, the ABs were still No1, Wales needed to draw or win against England to go to No1. As you say they then got pumped which meant they never got to No1

:aok: I saw and heard some rugby folk on twitter and on a podcast saying they had went to number 1 and believed them.

Sylar
17-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Different story at Eden Park so far this morning. All Blacks comfortably on top!

17-0 as we approach half time. Wallabies have struggled to kick, struggled to handle and haven’t taken advantage of their own penalties.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Different story at Eden Park so far this morning. All Blacks comfortably on top!

17-0 as we approach half time. Wallabies have struggled to kick, struggled to handle and haven’t taken advantage of their own penalties.

FFS! Never realised it was delayed transmission later on, thought it was safe to take a peak at this thread! 😠 Made an arse of it when searching the listings on TiVo! 😩

hfc rd
17-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Is the Scotland game on tv today?

nellio
17-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Is the Scotland game on tv today?

Premier sports this evening

Sylar
17-08-2019, 06:50 PM
Premier sports this evening

Absolute bull****. Every other home nation are covered on one of the main (or free) platforms, EXCEPT us.

Trying to find a stream desperately but no dice so far!

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2019, 07:08 PM
try france 1 min 40 seconds :rolleyes:

converted 7-Zilch

14 mins penalty le francais 10-duck egg

22 mins try le francais 15-duck egg

conversion missed

25 mins penalty Scotland 15-3

mon hoggy hold on to the ball fgs man

Sylar
17-08-2019, 07:25 PM
We look helpless.

But then, we looked helpless at Twickenham in the first half last year too...

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2019, 07:45 PM
i had a dream of scotland playing the all-blacks in the final, having had a look at the fixtures unfortunately that can't happen, winner/runner-up of our group play winner/runner-up of the group with new zealand and south africa, what a kind draw for us :rolleyes:

try le francais, some dude that could have played for Scotland...20-3...conversion missed

Sylar
17-08-2019, 07:48 PM
This is already game over. We look dreadful.

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2019, 08:32 PM
my goodness what a simple try that was 25-3

another missed conversion

getting what we deserve 30-3

32-3 still 20 mins left

hfc rd
17-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Townsend just looks so out of his depth.

Sylar
17-08-2019, 08:46 PM
I said when we changed head coach we were making a mistake in taking Townsend after all the good Cotter did.

After last year's Six Nations and this absolute shambles, I'm not convinced I was wrong.

This is a disgrace.

hfc rd
17-08-2019, 08:53 PM
I said when we changed head coach we were making a mistake in taking Townsend after all the good Cotter did.

After last year's Six Nations and this absolute shambles, I'm not convinced I was wrong.

This is a disgrace.

Agree.

It just feels like we are back to square one again after making massive leaps and bounds under Cotter.

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2019, 08:54 PM
i hope richie gray makes the WC squad, not looking likely though, townsend appears to prefer warriors players

nellio
18-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Bad one for Scotland.

Wales number 1 in the world now though!!! :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-08-2019, 04:13 PM

This is a disgrace.

I'm just watching it now, shocking performance.

weecounty hibby
19-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Said it from the start, letting Cotter go just to get Townsend in was a big big mistake.

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2019, 10:49 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49445526

Jim Mallinder has left his post with the England set-up to become Scottish Rugby's new performance director.

a pretty decent appointment by the SRU, lets hope it pays off in the years to come

weecounty hibby
24-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Scotland played better today, bit Jekyll and Hyde but better. England are looking pretty ominous unfortunately as the world cup comes round.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2019, 06:32 PM
England turning into a decent side in the build up to The World Cup.

The Pointer
26-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Having been to Tbilisi for the footy four years ago, I enjoyed the country so much I decided to go again for the rugby next weekend.

Hoping for a better result this time but will have to keep to date with the Motherwell game on here.

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2019, 08:55 AM
On Saturday, Scotland become the first Tier One nation to play a Test match in Georgia

OH OH !

nellio
29-08-2019, 07:26 PM
On Saturday, Scotland become the first Tier One nation to play a Test match in Georgia

OH OH !

Georgia are massively underrated. Wouldn't surprise me if they run you close.

They are desperate to get into the 6 nations so will be determined to show they are good enough.

weecounty hibby
29-08-2019, 08:06 PM

They are desperate to get into the 6 nations so will be determined to show they are good enough.
Massive forward pack who are pretty good, behind them they are not so good. Forwards do win games though so they will be dangerous. They would be a bigger challenge in the six Nations than Italy at the moment as Italian rugby seems to have stalled a bit

hfc rd
30-08-2019, 02:52 PM
I take it both the Georgia games are going to be on Premier Sports? 😒

Sylar
30-08-2019, 03:20 PM
I take it both the Georgia games are going to be on Premier Sports? 😒

Yep!

I almost feel resigned to taking out a subscription with them, since they're also covering all of the Edinburgh games this year too :rolleyes:

hfc rd
30-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Yep!

I almost feel resigned to taking out a subscription with them, since they're also covering all of the Edinburgh games this year too :rolleyes:

Got an e-mail about 5 mins ago, they have an early bird offer that ends this Sunday.

Annual subscription for £49. Was £99.

Available via Sky & Premier Players.

Might take it up. Especially the premier players are compatible with Google Chromecast 😊

Since90+2
30-08-2019, 07:35 PM
Got an e-mail about 5 mins ago, they have an early bird offer that ends this Sunday.

Annual subscription for £49. Was £99.

Available via Sky & Premier Players.

Might take it up. Especially the premier players are compatible with Google Chromecast 😊

Is that available on Virgin?

hfc rd
30-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Is that available on Virgin?

Don’t think so. E-mail stated Sky & Premier Player.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2019, 04:18 PM

13-0 Scotland after 14 mins, i didn't see this coming either :greengrin

i've thought for a few years now that Georgia deserve addition to make it the 7 nations

make that 18-0 after 17 mins with conversion to come, 20-0

hfc rd
31-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Scotland playing some really nice stuff. 13-0 inside the opening 15 mins. Really nice teamwork for Toolis’ try

hfc rd
31-08-2019, 04:22 PM
That’s another try for Scotland. Rory Hutchison with his 1st try.

weecounty hibby
31-08-2019, 04:33 PM
I really like the look of Hutchison. Set piece not going well at the moment, need to sort that going into world cup

hfc rd
31-08-2019, 04:53 PM
HT 23-3 Scotland

Done well. Really nice teamwork for the 2 tries and we have looked surprisingly really good in defence which I have been very critical of under Townsend. Was reading pre-match a little bit about Georgia as didn’t know a lot about them. Strong in the forward areas but poor in defence. I think we have nullified there forwards from gaining any sort of a rhythm and exploited that weak backline which we have opened up on a few occasions.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2019, 05:10 PM
i do wish the Georgian rugby fans would stop with the booing, appreciate the rugby instead, maybe best keeping it at the six nations after all :)

hfc rd
31-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Rory Hutchison with another Scotland try. First time I have seen him play and he really has impressed me.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2019, 05:30 PM
superb kick through by finn russell, try darcy graham

37-10

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2019, 05:32 PM
peter wright not happy with the georgian try

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/96/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/2/27/397645fe-a67e-485a-b227-3c12a1368515.jpgYou can not do that. That's absolutely shocking. He [the referee] has pretty much let him play the ball for 20 seconds while he was on the ground then potentially force it into a position where it was going to be a try. You blow it up, go to the TMO. That's shocking.

nellio
01-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Georgia making me look stupid. Their backs are awful.

weecounty hibby
01-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Georgia making me look stupid. Their backs are awful.

Was always going to be that way. I said it earlier in the thread in reply to you, if they had a set of backs they would be a dangerous team. Once our forwards got on top there was only ever one outcome. Thought Scotland played well upfront and once we did that we were always dangerous in the backs. Hopefully building up well to the WC kick off and no more injuries is good

The Pointer
02-09-2019, 01:52 PM
We played well but I was really disappointed with Georgia, as were the locals as they didn't offer much and were barely in the game. Their fans didn't have much to cheer but made a good din when they scored, although they could learn a bit of etiquette by not booing kicks.

Great crack though and Tbilisi's a nice city. Cheap with plenty to do and great eateries, lovely wine and a perfect climate.

hfc rd
03-09-2019, 04:59 PM
World Cup squad announced:

https://stv.tv/sport/rugby/1440458-scotland-s-rugby-world-cup-2019-squad-mcinally-named-captain/

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2019, 12:39 AM
just realised, Scottish Rugby and Scottish football teams both playing tonight.............only in ******* Scotland could this be organised, only Scotland

hfc rd
06-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Poor 1st half. Despite leading, we looked very complacent and a better team would easily have punished us.

2nd half was much better. Took our chances and defended well. Special mention to tonight’s MOTM - Darcy Graham. He was absolutely fantastic tonight and totally deserved the MOTM award!

Looking forward to the World Cup! Just want the boys to go out there and do us proud unlike our national football team!

P.S. Can’t stand that French referee. Some of his calls were utterly bewildering tonight. Could get a job with the SFA. Wouldn’t look out of place.

Sylar
06-09-2019, 09:43 PM
We made hard work of the first 60 minutes. Penalty, followed handling error, followed penalty. You could tell it was a second string group, perhaps finding a rhythm with each other.

I agree, Graham was MOTM - threatened every time he had the ball, and his pace is such an asset. I hope Kinghorn and Toolis are both OK (especially as both a Scotland AND Edinburgh fan!).

In spite of the first hour, I thought we defended well. We never really looked threatened and aside from the stupid penalties, they didn't provide much danger.

The scrum was a painful thing to behold tonight - I think I counted 3 successful scrums the entire game!

hfc rd
06-09-2019, 10:06 PM
We made hard work of the first 60 minutes. Penalty, followed handling error, followed penalty. You could tell it was a second string group, perhaps finding a rhythm with each other.

I agree, Graham was MOTM - threatened every time he had the ball, and his pace is such an asset. I hope Kinghorn and Toolis are both OK (especially as both a Scotland AND Edinburgh fan!).

In spite of the first hour, I thought we defended well. We never really looked threatened and aside from the stupid penalties, they didn't provide much danger.

The scrum was a painful thing to behold tonight - I think I counted 3 successful scrums the entire game!

I hope the injuries are nothing serious as it’s the last thing we need! Not just to both Kinghorn & Toolis but also to Ritchie, Thomson & Gray.

I agree with the scrums, they were a pain to watch. That bad, both teams ended up seeing a player sin binned towards the end of the first half because of one!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2019, 06:24 AM
The All Blacks look outstanding in the build up to this WC, England impressive too.

patch1875
07-09-2019, 01:31 PM
What size was the crowd?

Was going to go but thought it was pretty pricey after paying for the France game.

cabbageandribs1875
07-09-2019, 01:44 PM
what size was the crowd?

Was going to go but thought it was pretty pricey after paying for the france game.

G B Young
07-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Very healthy for a friendly against 'unglamorous' opposition. 21,000 more than were at Hampden.

Golden Bear
07-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Very healthy for a friendly against 'unglamorous' opposition. 21,000 more than were at Hampden.

Every picture tells a story .

Its a much more enjoyable and relaxed experience going to Murrayfield. And what's more the players seem more passionate .

hfc rd
07-09-2019, 05:39 PM

Genuinely not surprised with the attendances at both Hampden & Murrayfield last night.

Shows you and I certainly don’t blame them that folk would rather go and watch a meaningless rugby friendly against an “average opponent” with Scotland fielding a very young / 2nd string side over the national football team who’s game had way more importance to it due to needing a win to stand any chance of qualifying automatically for Euro 2020.

hfc rd
08-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Bradbury added to the squad as precautionary cover for Ritchie. Still don’t know if Ritchie will make it. Hope he’s fine as going to be a big blow if he doesn’t make it. Also awaiting further news on Kinghorn, Toolis, Thomson & Gray. Again, hope all 4 are fine.

The Pointer
08-09-2019, 09:50 PM
Townsend said on the radio today Ritchie wouldn't be on the flight to Japan tomorrow but would fly out on Friday after tests/treatment. Confirmed (as you say) Bradbury added to squad and I hope he travels and gets a game as I think he's immense in the loose.

hfc rd
09-09-2019, 07:24 AM
Townsend said on the radio today Ritchie wouldn't be on the flight to Japan tomorrow but would fly out on Friday after tests/treatment. Confirmed (as you say) Bradbury added to squad and I hope he travels and gets a game as I think he's immense in the loose.

Ahh, that’s ok then. Did he give any updates on the other 4 players that picked up injuries on Friday night against Georgia - Kinghorn, Toolis, Thomson & Gray?

hfc rd
10-09-2019, 12:14 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/rugbyworldcup/status/1171134985329418240

Torto7
10-09-2019, 01:38 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/rugbyworldcup/status/1171134985329418240

That's really cool.:aok:

I've got a feeling this is going to be a cracker of a tournament. Several teams could win it with others being more than capable of turning over a big gun on their day.

I'm genuinely excited about the Scotland team provided Gregor doesn't go all Ranieri with his team selections. Darcy Graham, Hogg and Maitland is an absolutely class back three.

Hibeesmad
14-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Looking forward to the World Cup kicking off, I think the All Blacks will win it but there will be some fantastic spectacles. I've got an each way bet on Josh Adams to finish top goalscorer @ 25-1 paying 7 places.

Adams recently moved to Cardiff Blues from Worcester due to a Welsh Rugby Union rule that if you have less than 60 caps and don't play for a team in Wales, you do not get selected for the national team.

heretoday
14-09-2019, 08:57 PM
I might have a flutter on England though it pains me to say it.

hfc rd
15-09-2019, 12:50 PM
That's really cool.:aok:

I've got a feeling this is going to be a cracker of a tournament. Several teams could win it with others being more than capable of turning over a big gun on their day.

I'm genuinely excited about the Scotland team provided Gregor doesn't go all Ranieri with his team selections. Darcy Graham, Hogg and Maitland is an absolutely class back three.

Yep, it’s definitely going to be good mate. I actually enjoy watching international rugby over international football. Got a few days booked off work to watch some of the action.

Personally can’t look past the All Blacks again this year to win it. They look very good in both the defence and attack. Possible 3 World Cup titles in a row is something I don’t think any nation will ever again pull off and is simply incredible if they pull off 3 in a row!

For Scotland, I think we will qualify alongside Ireland out of our group but our potential opponents for the QF are most likely going to be either New Zealand or South Africa (the two nations I am predicting to contest this year’s RWC final) which is most likely going to be a step too far but as you said, the Rugby World Cup is always capable of producing a major shock or two! One shock I’m predicting at this year’s RWC is that I’ve got a sneaky feeling Fiji could upset Wales by qualifying for the quarter finals along with Australia.

hfc rd
15-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Ritchie ruled out of the opener against Ireland but should be fine for the Samoa game a week later which is great news!

Also further huge good news is that Toolis, Kinghorn, Thomson & Gray are fine and should be available for selection.

Torto7
16-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Ritchie ruled out of the opener against Ireland but should be fine for the Samoa game a week later which is great news!

Also further huge good news is that Toolis, Kinghorn, Thomson & Gray are fine and should be available for selection.

I'd be tempted to pick Kinghorn, he straightens the line which is needed in that backline as most of them prefer aan outside break. Problem is who to leave out? Hogg is a certainty and Maitland is about as reliable as international players come. It's a choice between Graham, Kinghorn and Seymour. Its a nice problem to have. I suspect he'll pick Seymour for his experience with Kinghorn on the bench which will be brutal on wee Darcy.

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2019, 11:13 AM
https://www.rugbyworld.com/rugby-fixtures/rugby-world-cup-fixtures-2019

i think i'l be passing on the 5:45 and 6:15 am Ko's

or even Namibia v Canada Ko @ 4:15 am :greengrin

the last group game against Japan could be very interesting indeed........unfortunately the group runners-up will face either the all-blacks or South Africa....... ;(

weecounty hibby
16-09-2019, 12:22 PM
https://www.rugbyworld.com/rugby-fixtures/rugby-world-cup-fixtures-2019

i think i'l be passing on the 5:45 and 6:15 am Ko's

or even Namibia v Canada Ko @ 4:15 am :greengrin

the last group game against Japan could be very interesting indeed........unfortunately the group runners-up will face either the all-blacks or South Africa....... ;(
I'm ever the optimist, I fancy us to tip the group! Feel free to bring this back up if we tank!!
I also fancy England to win it as I think the only team who will beat England is England. Hopefully we'll wide of the mark with that prediction!

hfc rd
16-09-2019, 03:28 PM
I'd be tempted to pick Kinghorn, he straightens the line which is needed in that backline as most of them prefer aan outside break. Problem is who to leave out? Hogg is a certainty and Maitland is about as reliable as international players come. It's a choice between Graham, Kinghorn and Seymour. Its a nice problem to have. I suspect he'll pick Seymour for his experience with Kinghorn on the bench which will be brutal on wee Darcy.

Hogg and Maitland will definitely start. I think you are right that Seymour will start on the other side due to his experience which we will need for the opening game against the Irish. Darcy and Kinghorn are fantastic weapons to use from the bench.

Talking about the Irish, I hear that Robbie Henshaw is injured and both Rob Kearney & Keith Earls are major doubts for the Scotland game. That’s massive if Ireland are missing those 3. Definitely gives us a chance to get something from the opening fixture.

Jamesie
16-09-2019, 04:18 PM
I'm ever the optimist, I fancy us to tip the group! Feel free to bring this back up if we tank!!
I also fancy England to win it as I think the only team who will beat England is England. Hopefully we'll wide of the mark with that prediction!

It would be typically Scotland (in any sporting context) to get a resounding victory against Ireland then slip up against either Japan or Samoa!

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2019, 04:20 PM

oh i will ;)

v Ireland......i just can't see anything other than an irish win
v Samoa....hopefully they haven't improved from when we played them in the 2015 WC, and only won it right at the end by 3 points, iirc Greig Laidlaw made a brilliant decision to enable that win
v Russia.....confident we will win that one
v Japan....i think they will beat Russia, quite possibly samoa as well, this game could be a winner takes all for runners-up in the group

i'm fair gutted richie gray has had a few set-backs since his initial injury, i feel we've really missed him, especially in our line-outs

p.s. all-blacks to come good

Jamesie
16-09-2019, 04:21 PM
FWIW I'm heading over to Osaka on Thursday. Got tickets for Italy v Namibia in Osaka on Sunday and then Italy v Canada on Thursday 26 September in ***uoka. Home from ***uoka on Friday morning and hopefully back and in my bed by midnight, in time for Hibs v Celtic 12 hours later!

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2019, 07:25 PM
David Denton retires from rugby

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49712831

Scotland forward David Denton has decided to end his playing career on the advice of doctors.
The 29-year-old back row has been advised to stop playing following a concussion he sustained playing for Leicester Tigers in October.

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2019, 12:17 AM
Sat will see the Pool B decider in the first game of that group

All-Blacks v South Africa @ 10:45am

it should be a cracker

hfc rd
17-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Sat will see the Pool B decider in the first game of that group

All-Blacks v South Africa @ 10:45am

it should be a cracker

Definitely will be. That’s my prediction for the final.

All of Saturday’s games look very exciting on paper:

Australia vs Fiji - I’m predicting Fiji to cause an upset and reach the quarters along with the Aussies. On their day, they can give any side a tough game and will have Edinburgh’s very own Bill Mata playing for them 😁
France vs Argentina - This is going to be a very interesting game to watch. England will most likely win the group and it’s pretty much between these two for that 2nd spot unless the US continue their upward spiral under head coach Gary Gold who has done an absolute phenomenal job across the Atlantic. France have been very inconsistent in recent times but seem to have a habit of reaching the last 4 in World Cups. Regarding Argentina, recent history will tell you that the World Cup always seems to bring out the best in them and they will certainly give the French a tough opening game.
New Zealand vs South Africa - Doesn’t really need much introduction. My prediction for the final. Fancy NZ to win but South Africa will certainly give them a tough game. Fantastic game to round off a fantastic morning of rugby before the football games kick off 😊

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2019, 06:50 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49733089

Wales backs coach Rob Howley has been sent home from the World Cup for an alleged breach of World Rugby's laws covering betting and anti-corruption.
The 48-year-old's departure is a huge blow just six days before Wales' opening game in Japan against Pool D opponents Georgia.
A Welsh Rugby Union statement said Howley had "returned to Wales to assist with an investigation".
The WRU confirmed it was in relation to a potential breach of betting on rugby.

tut tut

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Definitely will be. That’s my prediction for the final.

All of Saturday’s games look very exciting on paper:

Australia vs Fiji - I’m predicting Fiji to cause an upset and reach the quarters along with the Aussies. On their day, they can give any side a tough game and will have Edinburgh’s very own Bill Mata playing for them ��
France vs Argentina - This is going to be a very interesting game to watch. England will most likely win the group and it’s pretty much between these two for that 2nd spot unless the US continue their upward spiral under head coach Gary Gold who has done an absolute phenomenal job across the Atlantic. France have been very inconsistent in recent times but seem to have a habit of reaching the last 4 in World Cups. Regarding Argentina, recent history will tell you that the World Cup always seems to bring out the best in them and they will certainly give the French a tough opening game.
New Zealand vs South Africa - Doesn’t really need much introduction. My prediction for the final. Fancy NZ to win but South Africa will certainly give them a tough game. Fantastic game to round off a fantastic morning of rugby before the football games kick off ��

i fancy watching this one as well, it's the getting up in the mornings throughout the tournament that's going to be a bit of a problem for me :rolleyes:especially with my late nights/early morning ZZZzzzz patterns

Golden Bear
18-09-2019, 04:38 PM
It's friggin annoying that I'm missing this Saturday's fixtures because of a golf commitment. I'll also need to check my diary for the date of the Final, I don't want to miss Scotland in action.

:greengrin

hfc rd
18-09-2019, 05:28 PM
It's friggin annoying that I'm missing this Saturday's fixtures because of a golf commitment. I'll also need to check my diary for the date of the Final, I don't want to miss Scotland in action.

:greengrin

Final is on Saturday November 2nd at 9am 😉

hfc rd
18-09-2019, 06:26 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49731906

I’ve gone with the following:

1 Allan Dell
2 Stuart McInally
3 WP Nel
4 Scott Cummings
5 Jonny Gray
6 John Barclay
7 Hamish Watson
8 Ryan Wilson
9 Greig Laidlaw
10 Finn Russell
11 Sean Maitland
12 Sam Johnson
13 Chris Harris
14 Tommy Seymour
15 Stuart Hogg

heretoday
20-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Is the Rugby World Cup on terrestrial TV?

hfc rd
20-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Ireland have just announced their team to play Scotland on Sunday morning. Despite a number of injuries, it still looks a very strong side on paper. Just shows you the depth they have!

https://mobile.twitter.com/IrishRugby/status/1174925806092447746?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1174925806092447746&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redcafe.net%2Fthreads%2F rugby-2019-discussion.444329%2Fpage-28

hfc rd
20-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Scotland squad now announced. As I expected, Townsend has gone with an experienced side. Wee Darcy Graham will be a terrific weapon to use from the bench.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49766960

hfc rd
20-09-2019, 01:46 PM
As expected, Japan win the opening game with a bonus point over Russia. They started off pretty poorly but I put that down to nerves. They are the host nation and after their tremendous performance at RWC 2015 a lot of expectation was on the shoulders of the Japanese players to perform. Once they got that first try, they regained a bit of confidence and settled well into the game. Special mention to the hattrick hero Kotaro Matsushima. Very tricky winger that Russia couldn’t cope with. Could have had a 4th try for himself but TMO denied him that. Speaking about Russia, they had nothing to lose. They are the lowest ranked nation in the tournament and are only there because Romania & Belgium fielded ineligible players and were rightly so docked points. Gave a good account of themselves early on but poor decision making and tired legs let them down in the end.

Overall, a good opening game and we’ve got a fantastic super Saturday to look forward too! Absolutely buzzing! 😁

hfc rd
21-09-2019, 06:46 AM
Fiji started off so well and it looked like they were going to cause an upset. They had their chance but indiscipline and naivety cost them.

Australia will be happy enough to get the points and move on with the win despite not the best of performances by their standards. Not convinced about their chances down the line when they’ll meet stronger opponents.

hfc rd
21-09-2019, 09:06 AM
France vs Argentina - magnificent game! It had everything that you would want as a watching neutral! I’m virtually speechless after watching that!

Sylar
21-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Boks looking good in the early exchanges against the All Blacks. They’re simply not letting New Zealand settle.

Sylar
21-09-2019, 10:15 AM
Wow. All Blacks just go up 2 gears in the blink of an eye.

10-3 Kiwis

Sylar
21-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Bloody hell: 17-3

heretoday
21-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Great comeback by Springboks. They may lose but this is important for their morale later in the tournament.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Well, that was a fine trio of matches to help pass a Saturday morning, Great stuff.

Heading to The Fly Half for tomorrow morning's game, Wonder what the atmosphere will be like before 1000?!!

hfc rd
21-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Very good game. NZ started slowly but showed that they can just step up a couple of gears in the blink of an eye no matter how much pressure they are under. Any other nation would have struggled with that South African pressure in the opening stages.

Predicted at the start of the tournament that these two would contest the final and I’m standing by that prediction.

Overall, 3 very good, enjoyable games this morning. Great start to the World Cup! 😊

Mibbes Aye
22-09-2019, 01:25 AM
FWIW I'm heading over to Osaka on Thursday. Got tickets for Italy v Namibia in Osaka on Sunday and then Italy v Canada on Thursday 26 September in ***uoka. Home from ***uoka on Friday morning and hopefully back and in my bed by midnight, in time for Hibs v Celtic 12 hours later!

Only just spotted this post. Hope you have a great time at your games, and share your experience please! :aok:

weecounty hibby
22-09-2019, 07:16 AM
C'mon Scotland!!!!

nellio
22-09-2019, 07:22 AM
Good luck Scotland.

Uphill task though. Think you will lose unfortunately.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Italy win against Namibia with a bonus point so should probably cement 3rd place in that group. Neither side looked great which was pretty much expected. Obviously both New Zealand & South Africa will be the two nations that qualify from that group (unfortunately for Scotland) but 3rd place does guarantee you a place at the next World Cup in France 2023.

Now... Come On Scotland!!!

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Try for Ireland 5-0.

J-C
22-09-2019, 07:55 AM
Not a great start, Ireland are a very good team and near the top of the rankings, I can see a humping coming here.

cabbageandribs1875
easy enough start, just stop the game now

Sir David Gray
Make that 7-0.

Sir David Gray
Not a great start, Ireland are a very good team and near the top of the rankings, I can see a humping coming here.

They are top.

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2019, 07:56 AM

they can't get any nearer than actually being top :greengrin

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Despite an injury crisis for Ireland at the back, just shows you the depth they have!

Sylar
22-09-2019, 08:02 AM
I hate losing to this lot as much as I hate losing to England. They're so good too.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 08:03 AM
12-0

Pretty Boy
22-09-2019, 08:03 AM
This is going to be an absolute humping.

Sylar
22-09-2019, 08:04 AM
Try Ireland. Utterly brutal from Scotland. This could be a rout.

J-C
22-09-2019, 08:06 AM
They are top.

they can't get any nearer than actually being top :greengrin

Didn't realise the were top, I thought top 3. I'm not a huge fan of Townsend as the coach, he has us playing far too open and expensive with very little emphasis on defence.

It's all just far too easy for Ireland right now, very disappointing.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 08:11 AM
12-3

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 08:14 AM
17-3

Sylar
22-09-2019, 08:15 AM
My only hope from this World Cup is that our eventual failure results in Townsend being removed.

Pitiful defending again.

J-C
22-09-2019, 08:17 AM
17-3

Typical Townsend side, all open and attacking but zero defensive side, unless you're scoring loads of tries yourself they'll get humped from teams like this, you need to do the basics 1st like Ireland are doing.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 08:17 AM
There forwards are destroying us. We can’t cope with their power.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 08:19 AM
My only hope from this World Cup is that our eventual failure results in Townsend being removed.

Pitiful defending again.

Why we let Vern Cotter go, I will never know!

Golden Bear
22-09-2019, 08:21 AM
This is not a good start to the day. Once again, we're our own worst enemy. This could turn out to be an embarrassment.

Sir David Gray
I know almost nothing about rugby but this is embarrassing.

Why are Scotland so bad at so many top level team sports?

Sylar
Ah well, onto other Sunday morning activities for me. I'm not watching us be slaughtered by an admittedly impressive Irish side.

CloudSquall
22-09-2019, 08:22 AM
I'm away to check out the odds of Scotland finishing below Japan and Samoa.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 08:25 AM
This Ireland team are missing many of their key players. If Scotland ever wanted a perfect opportunity to beat Ireland, today was the day.

J-C
22-09-2019, 08:27 AM
There forwards are destroying us. We can’t cope with their power.

Far to open with so many holes, it's Townsend's tactics.

Why we let Vern Cotter go, I will never know!

He didn't want to leave and had the team playing very well, I know the players loved him as a coach. Townsend was earmarked as the next head coach, he was just earning his stripes at Glasgow.

I know almost nothing about rugby but this is embarrassing.

Why are Scotland so bad at so many top level team sports?

On their day Scotland are a brilliant attacking team but Townsend has forgotten about the defensive side of the game, you cannot play this way against Ireland or they'll hammer you.

Hibeesmad
22-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Just another day for Scotland

BS44
22-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Amazing Scotland comeback in the second half, as we did against the English earlier in the year

mayo hibee
22-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Awful for Hamish Watson, probably Scotland's best forward - hope that's not the end of his tournament but it doesn't look great.

Ireland look like they've been playing below themselves all year and aiming to peak at the World Cup.

Golden Bear
22-09-2019, 08:38 AM
As usual, when the chips are down, both lady luck and the referee decisions go against you.

Golden Bear
22-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Half time, comprehensively gubbed so far.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 08:39 AM
19-3 half time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-09-2019, 08:43 AM
Awful for Hamish Watson, probably Scotland's best forward - hope that's not the end of his tournament but it doesn't look great.

Ireland look like they've been playing below themselves all year and aiming to peak at the World Cup.

Looked like ankle ligaments will be gone judging by the slow motion.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 08:45 AM
Lucky the scoreline isn’t heavier. Ireland are just too strong. We can’t seem to defend against their powerful forwards.

It’s been a typical Townsend performance. Not getting the basics right, can’t defend, playing way too expansively when it’s just best to keep it simple and build up a few phases.

Golden Bear
22-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Not so sure you can attribute basic mistakes and handling errors to Townsend. The players have got to rise to the occasion and so far they haven't.

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2019, 09:06 AM
great phases then as expected a mistake, we know the mistake will come just not when/where

Golden Bear
And there's another one. Barclay knocks on when the line is in sight. 😡

hfc rd
Surely give Darcy Graham a chance. Seymour hasn’t even been mentioned.

Sylar
22-09-2019, 09:07 AM
**** sake - first Duncan Taylor, then John Barclay. Ball security is something we really seem to struggle with in general. A consequence of trying to do everything at such pace.

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Not so sure you can attribute basic mistakes and handling errors to Townsend. The players have got to rise to the occasion and so far they haven't.

it's not ALL townsend's fault, individual ****-up's as per :agree: