PDA

View Full Version : HSL on SKY Sports

OfficialHSL
08-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Charlie Reid possibly on live at 9.30 ?

HSL

BlackSheep
08-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Good interview with Charlie, gets the point across well and again good publicity.

The more fans see and hear about this the better.

Sky Sports coverage is a pretty big coup as well.

Garymcl
08-06-2018, 03:37 PM
Great interview with it also being screened over the uk more good publicity for the club and HSL my only negative point is the reason it was on was to promote HSL but the camera angle didn't show the HSL logo but as I've said all good we must make the most of this feel good factor I've donated to the cause and I hope as many hibbys ( if they can afford it) as possible can donate even a small amount all money goes straight to the managers budget for players great idea let's do it if you can Ggtth :flag:

OfficialHSL
08-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Good interview with Charlie, gets the point across well and again good publicity.

Agreed and hopefully the link below will allow more to see it :

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11398335/proclaimers-want-hibs-fans-backing

HSL

rossevenil
08-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Good interview but made me suddenly feel very old....30 years since SOL was released!!

A Hi-Bee
08-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Good interview but made me suddenly feel very old....30 years since SOL was released!!

Time waits for no man/woman, just another reason for not putting things off in life, in my humble, the time is right and now is the time for the Hibernian Football Club to continue on the upward trend.

Kato
08-06-2018, 07:59 PM

It is. Pity the more local media aren't interested. Local paper for local people.

A Hi-Bee
08-06-2018, 08:01 PM
It is. Pity the more local media aren't interested. Local paper for local people.

Our local paper is printed in Newcastle the night before I am led to believe, not much local about it at all.

Kato
08-06-2018, 08:04 PM
Our local paper is printed in Newcastle the night before I am led to believe, not much local about it at all.

...but it's still for local people though, mostly.

It was being printed somewhere on the west coast for a while when did it move to England?

A Hi-Bee
08-06-2018, 08:14 PM
...but it's still for local people though, mostly.

It was being printed somewhere on the west coast for a while when did it move to England?

No sure but I did hear it was being printed in Newcastle, never read it myself.

Jonnyboy
08-06-2018, 08:18 PM

Agreed and it was great to see one of our own interviewing …. one of our own :greengrin

OfficialHSL
08-06-2018, 08:37 PM

Kato

Don't speak too soon. With a little luck tomorrows Evening News and tomorrows Scottish Sun.

Not sure if it was picked up well but we hope that supporters will consider Charlie's plea. Aberdeen are reporting that AberDNA ( their HSL ) have just raised half a million from 3000 supporters who have stepped up to the plate since 1st April 2018 to hand to Derek Mcinnes half a million pound to spend on securing/retaining players.

If supporters don't want or are not able to commit a regular amount to HSL please do remember the one off donation option. If 10,000 even donated just twenty pound we could hand Neil a huge help to support our ambitions.

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL

Kato
08-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Kato

Don't speak too soon. With a little luck tomorrows Evening News and tomorrows Scottish Sun.

Not sure if it was picked up well but we hope that supporters will consider Charlie's plea. Aberdeen are reporting that AberDNA ( their HSL ) have just raised half a million from 3000 supporters who have stepped up to the plate since 1st April 2018 to hand to Derek Mcinnes half a million pound to spend on securing/retaining players.

If supporters don't want or are not able to commit a regular amount to HSL please do remember the one off donation option. If 10,000 even donated just twenty pound we could hand Neil a huge help to support our ambitions.

HSL

:aok:

Pagan Hibernia
08-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Kato

HSL

Half a million in less than 3 months? And we’ve raised little more than that in over three years??

what are they doing that we aren’t? We even get higher crowds than them ffs

Austinho
08-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Half a million in less than 3 months? And we’ve raised little more than that in over three years??

what are they doing that we aren’t? We even get higher crowds than them ffsA handful of very rich fans perhaps?

FranckSuzy
08-06-2018, 11:11 PM

From the local shop :agree: :greengrin

hibbymac
09-06-2018, 12:12 AM

what are they doing that we aren’t? We even get higher crowds than them ffs

They must have some hefty "lump sum" investors, if you look at their monthly memberships, the top one is £18pm.

Even if all of the 3000 paid that, it amounts to £54,000 per month.... £162,000 in 3 months, so if they have raised half a million in 3 months, I'd be surprised.

https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna/

HappyHibby93
09-06-2018, 06:20 AM
They must have some hefty "lump sum" investors, if you look at their monthly memberships, the top one is £18pm.

Even if all of the 3000 paid that, it amounts to £54,000 per month.... £162,000 in 3 months, so if they have raised half a million in 3 months, I'd be surprised.

THIS...

Charlie Reid is in the evening news and makes for a good read. Delighted that at long last the Hibs fans are sitting up and listening to HSL, who have done a brilliant job when you consider the start they had. Let's do this and take our club to a level like never before.......
GGTTH

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/charlie-reid-calls-for-hibs-fans-to-step-up-hsl-donations-1-4751813

Ozyhibby
09-06-2018, 07:56 AM

The Aberdeen scheme is different from ours I’m sure. Only about 10% of what they raise makes it to the club. The rest goes on membership benefits like discounts etc.
With HSL, all the money goes to the football dept at Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
09-06-2018, 08:02 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180609/426a718fbfe982b98fb1d8a3d8d21081.png

Here’s what you get with Aberdeen’s. It’s really nothing like HSL, more just a product the club sells.

Billy Whizz
09-06-2018, 08:03 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180609/426a718fbfe982b98fb1d8a3d8d21081.png

Here’s what you get with Aberdeen’s. It’s really nothing like HSL, more just a product the club sells.

Still a great idea though, maybe something we should look at

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Still a great idea though, maybe something we should look at

Billy

When we launched our new web site we introduced the concept of different donation benchmarks which would be measured in Francks. Donators can log into the Member area to see how many Francks they have. This is intended as a little fun and not to be taken too seriously. We are currently looking at a number of things that we can use to recognise these different contribution levels but as we said at the relaunch we want our "goodies" to be on the park. We don't see much point in spending £30 to attract a £40 contribution. We also have to be mindful of our Articles which require us to direct all funds to the Club. Having said this we would really welcome any suggestions in this area ?

HSL

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 08:54 AM

Hibbymac

Perhaps worth making two observations here :

We suspect you may be right and that the stated total amount may have been enhanced by a couple of chunky one off donations from some wealthier Aberdeen supporters. While we have a number of very generous regular donators to HSL we are still trying to reach out to those who perhaps would be willing to contribute a sizable sum ( hope you are .Net followers ) ! It is also fair to say however that the FOH are very much based on small donations from the many, which let's be honest, we are hoping to get to.

It may be that they have "annualised" the figure. In other words, they have calculated what will come in over the next 12 months from the pledges made in the last month. Still means that Derek will have that at his disposal to spend on recruiting or retaining players.

Just a thought.

HSL

CropleyWasGod
09-06-2018, 09:00 AM
Still a great idea though, maybe something we should look atIf it takes money away from HSL, I'd disagree.

Every £1 of HSL money goes to the Club. In a scheme like Aberdeen's, for every £1 contributed, 16p. goes to the VAT man.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

GMD
09-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Billy

When we launched our new web site we introduced the concept of different donation benchmarks which would be measured in Francks. Donators can log into the Member area to see how many Francks they have. This is intended as a little fun and not to be taken too seriously. We are currently looking at a number of things that we can use to recognise these different contribution levels but as we said at the relaunch we want our "goodies" to be on the park. We don't see much point in spending £30 to attract a £40 contribution. We also have to be mindful of our Articles which require us to direct all funds to the Club. Having said this we would really welcome any suggestions in this area ?

HSL

Hi,
I think a wee ‘exclusive’ pin badge or something would be a great idea. Something unique, discreet and hopefully not too expensive.
I’m sure people on here could come up with some good designs.

Billy Whizz
09-06-2018, 09:13 AM
If it takes money away from HSL, I'd disagree.

Every £1 of HSL money goes to the Club. In a scheme like Aberdeen's, for every £1 contributed, 16p. goes to the VAT man.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Crops, I’m saying a membership scheme is something we should be looking at anyway, not to do with HSL. Anything that encourages spending with Hibs, is a plus for me

3pm
09-06-2018, 09:20 AM
HSL - do you think you could do more to get people to your website that may then influence their decision to contribute?

MyJo
09-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Hibbymac

Perhaps worth making two observations here :

We suspect you may be right and that the stated total amount may have been enhanced by a couple of chunky one off donations from some wealthier Aberdeen supporters. While we have a number of very generous regular donators to HSL we are still trying to reach out to those who perhaps would be willing to contribute a sizable sum ( hope you are .Net followers ) ! It is also fair to say however that the FOH are very much based on small donations from the many, which let's be honest, we are hoping to get to.

It may be that they have "annualised" the figure. In other words, they have calculated what will come in over the next 12 months from the pledges made in the last month. Still means that Derek will have that at his disposal to spend on recruiting or retaining players.

Just a thought.

HSL

they will also be taking a hit on the various discounts being offered on season tickets and kits and the cost of putting on “special events” so while they are bringing in £500k in donations how much of that is actually going to end up on the pitch as well.

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 09:27 AM
HSL - do you think you could do more to get people to your website that may then influence their decision to contribute?

3pm

We are sure we could, and we are all ears. Can you help us ?

HSL

CropleyWasGod
09-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Crops, I’m saying a membership scheme is something we should be looking at anyway, not to do with HSL. Anything that encourages spending with Hibs, is a plus for me

A membership scheme would be VATable, too.

My point, clumsily put, is that if someone wants to give £10 to the Club, they should be encouraged to give it to HSL rather than directly, for the VAT reasons. Also, £10 towards buying something from the shop, for example, has a cost to the Club. £10 to HSL is pure profit.

Billy Whizz
09-06-2018, 09:35 AM
A membership scheme would be VATable, too.

My point, clumsily put, is that if someone wants to give £10 to the Club, they should be encouraged to give it to HSL rather than directly, for the VAT reasons. Also, £10 towards buying something from the shop, for example, has a cost to the Club. £10 to HSL is pure profit.

Agree that’s fine, but kids etc can’t join HSL, so we need something else to boost spending across the board of products we offer, which is another subject.

Sorry to ambush the HSL thread!

Ozyhibby
09-06-2018, 10:20 AM
they will also be taking a hit on the various discounts being offered on season tickets and kits and the cost of putting on “special events” so while they are bringing in £500k in donations how much of that is actually going to end up on the pitch as well.

Absolutely. When it come to getting money into the playing budget HSL beats the Aberdeen and the yams scheme hands down.

3pm
09-06-2018, 11:02 AM
3pm

We are sure we could, and we are all ears. Can you help us ?

HSL

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe something like more interviews with players, some sort of counter that shows how many people are contributing, put a target v progress thing up.

I am sure there will be other ideas too.

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Agree that’s fine, but kids etc can’t join HSL, so we need something else to boost spending across the board of products we offer, which is another subject.

Sorry to ambush the HSL thread!

Billy Whizz

Just to make you and others aware that children are more than welcome to join HSL. We already have many younger Members. Once they are 16 they can vote just like any other Member. Not sure what you meant by "etc" but we also have Companies who have joined/donated. Whatever ever else you think we need to attract others to HSL we will try our best to deliver.

HSL

banarc7062
09-06-2018, 11:05 AM

In this instance more than happy with the exposure to be gained on a broader basis via Sky. GGTTH

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Hi,
I think a wee ‘exclusive’ pin badge or something would be a great idea. Something unique, discreet and hopefully not too expensive.
I’m sure people on here could come up with some good designs.

GMD

Thank you for this great idea. The more suggestions the better. Others have suggested an HSL scarf, draw in a lottery for special things at the Stadium, a virtual pitch sale.

HSL

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 03:13 PM
In this instance more than happy with the exposure to be gained on a broader basis via Sky. GGTTH

banarc7062

Delighted to report that we have now gained over 40 new donators since the Sky interview. Interestingly, a number from our fellow Hibees based in England. Thank you for your support from afar.

Please keep spreading the word by forwarding on the video either by email or social media.

HSL

HibbyAndy
09-06-2018, 05:18 PM
What about getting the Proclaimers to hold a concert at Easter rd and donate the revenue to HSL ?

DavieRoy
09-06-2018, 05:20 PM
banarc7062

Delighted to report that we have now gained over 40 new donators since the Sky interview. Interestingly, a number from our fellow Hibees based in England. Thank you for your support from afar.

Please keep spreading the word by forwarding on the video either by email or social media.

HSL

Good news. It shows the balance between getting the national press on board and the local press.

AgentDaleCooper
09-06-2018, 05:33 PM
charlie's appearance just prompted me to sign up for ten quid a month, hope it had a similar effect on others!!!!!

:nlgwa:flag::hibees:flag::nlgwa

DavieRoy
09-06-2018, 05:59 PM
The Evening News is sometimes underrated but things like that shows it helps. Same with Sky, they get pelters but you never see BT do thinks like this.

Garymcl
09-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Just a simple plea from a fellow hibby to all hibbys out there if you can afford even a small donation please do it let's keep this feel good factor going and take it forward so we can give our manager and the back room staff all the help they need let's do it cheers in advance :greengrin Ggtth

Stonewall
09-06-2018, 08:41 PM
From the local shop :agree: :greengrin

Great minds...

PatHead
09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Could the Proclaimers release a special edition of Sunshine on Leith incorporating the fans from the cup final. Any funds raised could go towards HSL funds.

B.H.F.C
09-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Just reading the bit in the EEN about this and there is something about it that doesn’t sit right with me.

HSL is painted as something that simply boosts the transfer kitty, which of course it does in the short term. However, the overall objective is far greater than that as the money, ultimately, is buying shares in the club.

That share/ownership side of things isn’t mentioned at all (by Charlie) and I feel that is a bit lost in all of this. I’ve posted before that I still don’t believe that side of it is properly understood. I’m not sure people really know what it means or what happens when we get to that level. Or perhaps it shows a lack of appetite for it in the wider support?

DaveF
09-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Just reading the bit in the EEN about this and there is something about it that doesn’t sit right with me.

HSL is painted as something that simply boosts the transfer kitty, which of course it does in the short term. However, the overall objective is far greater than that as the money, ultimately, is buying shares in the club.

That share/ownership side of things isn’t mentioned at all (by Charlie) and I feel that is a bit lost in all of this. I’ve posted before that I still don’t believe that side of it is properly understood. I’m not sure people really know what it means or what happens when we get to that level. Or perhaps it shows a lack of appetite for it in the wider support?

I kind of agree in so much fan ownership does not register high on my agenda, even though I'm a monthly contributer. Maybe if/when HSL get enough of a percentage to get a seat on the board, then the ownership issue becomes the real focal point?

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 09:42 PM
The Evening News is sometimes underrated but things like that shows it helps. Same with Sky, they get pelters but you never see BT do thinks like this.

DavieRoy

Couldn't agree more. We are very grateful to Sky Sports and the EEN for supporting us with coverage. The good news is that we have just hit our 51st new donator since this story was covered and we have set ourselves a target of 100 over the whole weekend. So tomorrow, only 49 to go !

HSL

CorrieHibs
10-06-2018, 07:12 AM
Could the Proclaimers release a special edition of Sunshine on Leith incorporating the fans from the cup final. Any funds raised could go towards HSL funds.

That would be good.

What about a couple of gigs with the proceeds going to HSL?

OfficialHSL
10-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Absolutely. When it come to getting money into the playing budget HSL beats the Aberdeen and the yams scheme hands down.

Ozyhibby

We share your view.
As you may have read elsewhere we are really looking to attract many new donators this weekend to help Neil and the team. Our target was 100 and so far we have 51. Would be great if you could spread the word. Make today the day you attract a fellow supporter to HSL.
Join here www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/)
HSL

OfficialHSL
10-06-2018, 11:50 AM
charlie's appearance just prompted me to sign up for ten quid a month, hope it had a similar effect on others!!!!!

:nlgwa:flag::hibees:flag::nlgwa

It has, and just to give an update we have had another 10 new donators this morning, 39 to go. Please keep spreading the word and help us get to that magic 100. Can we once again remind everyone that even if you still don't want to commit to a regular donation the option to make a one off donation is there. We have many supporters who have looked back at last season and feel their Season Ticket was the best value ticket for many years and just wanted to add £15/£25 to the Club as a thank you for a great value season. It all helps the Football budget going forward.

HSL

Pedantic_Hibee
10-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Must admit I don't know for certain where the money goes but I didn't hesitate in contributing as I know it can only benefit Hibs however it's channeled.

If Neil Lennon and the players have signed up to it then that's good enough for me to do likewise.

Paul1642
10-06-2018, 02:00 PM
What is the average donation?

Joe6-2
10-06-2018, 03:55 PM
No sure but I did hear it was being printed in Newcastle, never read it myself.

Good man!

OfficialHSL
10-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Must admit I don't know for certain where the money goes but I didn't hesitate in contributing as I know it can only benefit Hibs however it's channeled.

If Neil Lennon and the players have signed up to it then that's good enough for me to do likewise.

Pedantic Hibee

All funds go to the Football Department. We are now at 68. We need a super effort in the last few hours to get to 100. Spread the word.

HSL

Cheshire Hibby
10-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Now at 69. C'mon fellow Hibees who are able to. Join up.

HappyHibby93
11-06-2018, 06:24 AM
HSL

Did you get to the 100 sign ups that you hoped to reach last night?

GGTTH

OfficialHSL
11-06-2018, 06:35 AM
HSL

Did you get to the 100 sign ups that you hoped to reach last night?

GGTTH

HappyHibby

We didn't quite make it but we got to 78 which was a fantastic effort. We have had a lot of feedback to suggest that Charlies interview really struck a chord with many. It would seem many supporters are beginning to see what a difference we cam make by helping to get more funds into the Club. We keep hearing calls for the Board to give the Manager more money but they can only give him the money that they have. What we can do is give the Board more money.

HSL

Brooster
11-06-2018, 07:13 AM
HappyHibby

We didn't quite make it but we got to 78 which was a fantastic effort. We have had a lot of feedback to suggest that Charlies interview really struck a chord with many. It would seem many supporters are beginning to see what a difference we cam make by helping to get more funds into the Club. We keep hearing calls for the Board to give the Manager more money but they can only give him the money that they have. What we can do is give the Board more money.

HSL

78 is great effort though. Lets hope we can pick up 50 or so per week going forward.

RIP
11-06-2018, 08:20 AM
Official HSL. You are no doubt aware of the trend away from websites in recent years? Although you have 1666 likes on Facebook as of today you need to aim for 5000 or 10000. Add multiple admins as reporters, create articles on mass funding and supporter ownership and stimulate a major social media campaign this summer.

Happy to offer further advice / support / volunteering behind the scenes.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 08:34 AM
Official HSL. You are no doubt aware of the trend away from websites in recent years? Although you have 1666 likes on Facebook as of today you need to aim for 5000 or 10000. Add multiple admins as reporters, create articles on mass funding and supporter ownership and stimulate a major social media campaign this summer.

I'm guessing that you have professional experience in this field.

If so, Official HSL should bite your hand off. :thumbsup:

Hibs90
11-06-2018, 09:01 AM

Top advice :aok:

Pagan Hibernia
12-06-2018, 05:40 AM

have to agree with this. The new website looks great but we need more of a presence on social media. I actually think the HSL twitter does a good job with some lovely snappy tweets trolling the likes of Rangers and hearts but RIP’s advice is excellent and I really think we need to have constant updates all over Hibs fans social media as to how many donaters, how much raised, and the percentage of the club we own. When you pick up momentum like that it can be amazing how quickly things can grow. The official club twitter account has over 70k followers. There’s an awful lot of people who maybe don’t know we’re there!

Viva_Palmeiras
12-06-2018, 06:03 AM
have to agree with this. The new website looks great but we need more of a presence on social media. I actually think the HSL twitter does a good job with some lovely snappy tweets trolling the likes of Rangers and hearts but RIP’s advice is excellent and I really think we need to have constant updates all over Hibs fans social media as to how many donaters, how much raised, and the percentage of the club we own. When you pick up momentum like that it can be amazing how quickly things can grow. The official club twitter account has over 70k followers. There’s an awful lot of people who maybe don’t know we’re there!

What’s the theory and practice behind this - genuine question.
I mean how does it work - how many people that ask about “the numbers” actually go and sign up?

I know it’s a discovery but we really should know more about the demographic of our support. What % of our support can afford a “top up”. A season ticket is already a significant contribution. Where are people in their lives and what is their disposable income.

Anyway look forward to hearing of progress. And wish HSL well. I’m not in a position to contribute myself at that mo but should that change I’ll do so.