PDA

View Full Version : Efe

hughio
07-06-2018, 01:14 PM
I for one really hope we can hang on to Mr Ambrose.

Some round about me in upper west shudder with fear whenever he's on the ball and in fairness there are and have been "moments" of madness.

Overall however my image of Efe is his loping, easy style of running,eating up the ground and taking us deep into opponents territory and I just love that.
He's so athletic that defensively he's really useful too.His game is such an antidote to the endless square passing that drives me nuts.Not to mention occasional goals..and that celebration.

So what are the chances of us keeping him?

Thoughts?

BlackSheep
07-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Love to see him stay, but i have a feeling he signed on a promise to be allowed to go if the right offer comes in... that said, he may have changed his mind.

AgentDaleCooper
07-06-2018, 01:23 PM
I love him, but swear to god he smokes a joint before every 4th/5th game.

This said, without his moments of existential liberation he'd be completely out of our league.

If we sell him, i hope it's for big money.

Johnny_Leith
07-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Quality player at this level. Statistically this season I think only Ajer from Celtic had more successful dribbles and chances created as a defender. Defensively, bar a goal at Aberdeen and one opening day again Partick, he's been our best defender. He's a superb athlete, incredibly fit and reads the game well.

He's very important to the way we play and I feel that we are stronger as a 3-5-2.

Is there merit in the theory that we could sell Efe at a profit to give porteous much required game time for his development? Personally I'd rather see Daz phased out but think Efe moving on is more likely.

I hope we can keep him but the world of modern football might not allow it, if a big offer from China comes in he'll probably be off.

JimBHibees
07-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Has been great for us hope he stays.

Stranraer
07-06-2018, 01:37 PM
I for one really hope we can hang on to Mr Ambrose.

Some round about me in upper west shudder with fear whenever he's on the ball and in fairness there are and have been "moments" of madness.

Overall however my image of Efe is his loping, easy style of running,eating up the ground and taking us deep into opponents territory and I just love that.
He's so athletic that defensively he's really useful too.His game is such an antidote to the endless square passing that drives me nuts.Not to mention occasional goals..and that celebration.

So what are the chances of us keeping him?

Thoughts?

I agree with you mate, I think he's a decent defender to be honest. Really hope we can hang on to him.

CMurdoch
07-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Love to see him stay, but i have a feeling he signed on a promise to be allowed to go if the right offer comes in... that said, he may have changed his mind.

I agree about the promise.
I fully expect him to move on this summer but i hope not.
I will of course retain my fridge magnet of the great man who I love to watch play.

KWJ
07-06-2018, 01:53 PM
The thing that strikes me about Efe is the amount of headers he wins defending. It can go unnoticed but it seems to me that he clears almost every crossed corner.

Porteous needs games which are much tougher to come around in a back 4 than a 5.

My_Wife_Camille
07-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Exactly the kind of player I want to see at Hibs. The guy is class

Stevie Reid
07-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Absolutely love him. A joy to watch.

Stokesy's on fire
07-06-2018, 02:02 PM
I highly doubt that Efe will leave Hibernian the mans embraced Hibs in the same way as Neil Lennon has.

hughio
07-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Anybody in the know out there who can say with authority that he's (for example)really happy here,kids settled at school,loves the Club, would die for Lenny....etc??

Smartie
07-06-2018, 02:23 PM
I thought he started the season shockingly badly, but he improved and eventually by the end of the season was one of our strongest and most consistent performers.

He always wants to play football, which isn't something we should scoff at, even if it plays us into trouble from time to time.

His ability to come out of defence with the ball (along with Hanlon) when we played our strong 3-5-2 formation was absolutely central to the strength of our performances as a team. The team was very balanced during the second half of the season, and his comfort in that position in that side was absolutely essential.

Great player and I really hope we can hold on to him, but he can drive me up the wall at times.

calumhibee1
07-06-2018, 02:33 PM
I love him, but swear to god he smokes a joint before every 4th/5th game.

This said, without his moments of existential liberation he'd be completely out of our league.

If we sell him, i hope it's for big money.

People need to remember that about Efe. 90% of the time he gives the striker absolutely nothing, he’s that good. He’s also very good at getting us going forward. If he didn’t have his brain farts he’d be nowhere near us. We should be doing all we can to keep him. Would love us to extend his deal.

Craig_HFC
07-06-2018, 03:27 PM
I’d love it if Efe is at Hibs for a long time to come. He is absolutely excellent & exactly the type of player I like to watch play.

ancient hibee
07-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Don’t see a long queue waiting to offer money for him.Pity if he goes.

heretoday
07-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Efe is a genuine classy type. Bit dozy at times. I like to see him venturing forward i. e. away from our goal!

truehibernian
07-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Don’t see a long queue waiting to offer money for him.Pity if he goes.

That's contrary to what a number of Hibs staff think AH......spoke with some of them at the last derby before kick off and they think a few bids will come in for Efe in summer. I think he's been excellent for us.......strangely enough a good attacking threat when we have needed impetus and there's been very very few 'heart in mouth' moments. If he were to go I think we'd get decent money for him to be honest. Hard to replace too.

CockneyRebel
07-06-2018, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Stokesy's on fire;5425371]I highly doubt that Efe will leave Hibernian the mans embraced Hibs in the same way as Neil Lennon has.[/QUOTE

He is quoted as wanting to play in England and signed for us till his visa/permit was sorted so he may be looking for a much bigger wage.

ancient hibee
07-06-2018, 04:48 PM
That's contrary to what a number of Hibs staff think AH......spoke with some of them at the last derby before kick off and they think a few bids will come in for Efe in summer. I think he's been excellent for us.......strangely enough a good attacking threat when we have needed impetus and there's been very very few 'heart in mouth' moments. If he were to go I think we'd get decent money for him to be honest. Hard to replace too.
He’s very aware of where the ball is going.Sometimes his interceptions are so good that he makes it look as if the opposition has passed to him.

Frazerbob
07-06-2018, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=Stokesy's on fire;5425371]I highly doubt that Efe will leave Hibernian the mans embraced Hibs in the same way as Neil Lennon has.[/QUOTE

He is quoted as wanting to play in England and signed for us till his visa/permit was sorted so he may be looking for a much bigger wage.

Quoted where?

Speedway
07-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Do we really believe he's only 29?

Mick O'Rourke
07-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Anybody in the know out there who can say with authority that he's (for example)really happy here,kids settled at school,loves the Club, would die for Lenny....etc??
I am not in the know
But this is a passage from an article about his time in Scotland written in The Herald last year.

Efe states....

. “For me, my family comes first.
My daughter was born here, which I believe will help me get citizenship here.
"My wife is studying at University (http://www.heraldscotland.com/search/?search=University&topic_id=8787) and trying to graduate.
I just want to make Scotland (http://www.heraldscotland.com/search/?search=Scotland&topic_id=8820) my home for my family and that has been in the back of my mind.
"Everything has been nice, terrific.

I've never missed my home and I have always called Scotland my home.
So for me to be part of Scotland and my children to be Scottish would be an amazing thing for me."

.................................................. ........

Of course people can change their mind.
Money down south might change Efe's.
But his comments certainly indicate he is planting roots here.

hughio
08-06-2018, 12:51 PM
I am not in the know
But this is a passage from an article about his time in Scotland written in The Herald last year.

Efe states....

"My wife is studying at University (http://www.heraldscotland.com/search/?search=University&topic_id=8787) and trying to graduate.
I just want to make Scotland (http://www.heraldscotland.com/search/?search=Scotland&topic_id=8820) my home for my family and that has been in the back of my mind.

So for me to be part of Scotland and my children to be Scottish would be an amazing thing for me."

Good spot.Thanks MOR.

Stranraer
08-06-2018, 12:59 PM
Do we really believe he's only 29?

Taribo West was found out for lying about his age when he played with Derby County so maybe not.

Hibrandenburg
08-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Watch out for the German left back Rüdiger in the world cup finals. He reminds me so much of Efe that I get panic attacks when he's on the ball.

Jack Hackett
08-06-2018, 05:24 PM
I am not in the know

Efe states....

Brilliant! He is settled. We love him. No brainer.

... It's also encouraging that I haven't seen any speculation concerning his future coming from the club or msm.

CapitalGreen
08-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Watch out for the German left back Rüdiger in the world cup finals. He reminds me so much of Efe that I get panic attacks when he's on the ball.

He’s out the WC with a bad injury.

Ozymandias
08-06-2018, 05:59 PM
While Efe does have loads of good points, he does switch off a lot. If play develops down out left, he ball watches and good strikers or wide men drift off behind and away from him unnoticed.its not an uncommon sight for Hanlon or Daz to be yelling at him for letting an opponent away.

J-C
08-06-2018, 06:31 PM
I'm not Efe's biggest fan as he can be a bombscare at times, when he's on his game though he's majestic but prone to the odd lapse, hence why he's with us. I think he'd make a good defensive midfielder, strong in the challenge, good in the air and reads the game well.

Hibrandenburg
10-06-2018, 03:28 PM
He’s out the WC with a bad injury.

Where are you reading this? 2014?

CapitalGreen
10-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Where are you reading this? 2014?

f*** knows! Looks like the tweet I saw was indeed referencing 2014.

hughio
11-06-2018, 11:09 AM
The Sun reports interest in Efe from Plymouth Argyle...and were interested in Dunfermline Right back Ryan Williamson apparently.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-06-2018, 11:57 AM
I'm not Efe's biggest fan as he can be a bombscare at times, when he's on his game though he's majestic but prone to the odd lapse, hence why he's with us. I think he'd make a good defensive midfielder, strong in the challenge, good in the air and reads the game well.

He's the best bomb scare we've had though

danhibees1875
11-06-2018, 12:00 PM
The Sun reports interest in Efe from Plymouth Argyle...and were interested in Dunfermline Right back Ryan Jackson apparently.

The Sun in stealing stories from .net and getting the name wrong shocker. :greengrin

Ryan Williamson is the rumour. :aok:

hughio
11-06-2018, 01:35 PM
The Sun in stealing stories from .net and getting the name wrong shocker. :greengrin

Ryan Williamson is the rumour. :aok:

Edited thanks

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Any word on Efe?

The Guy is a car crash.

We love him and I think he loves us too.

Squirrel 1875
14-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Any word on Efe?

The Guy is a car crash.

We we love him and I think he loves us too.

Do you honestly think that? Guy has been outstanding this season.

HibsNutter
14-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Any word on Efe?

The Guy is a car crash.

We we love him and I think he loves us too.

Do you watch him or let other people make your mind up for you?

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Do you honestly think that? Guy has been outstanding this season.
Yes.

Heart in mouth.

Usually gets away with it but fear he might get caught out in a big game sometimes appears to be too casual.

Game that springs to mind Sheep 1-4 away

Saying that last half dozen last season games cannae fault the man thought he was immense.

Please do not get me wrong I do not want him to leave.

Just saying John Blackley he ain’t .

In Lenny we trust .

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Do you watch him or let other people make your mind up for you?

Watch him closely.

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Sorry guys I didnt mean to slag the guy off sorry if it came across that way these are my own private thoughts the point of my post is to find out if anyone out there knows if the big man is signing?

davhibby
14-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Yes.

Heart in mouth.

Usually gets away with it but fear he might get caught out in a big game sometimes appears to be too casual.

Game that springs to mind Sheep 1-4 away

Saying that last half dozen last season games cannae fault the man thought he was immense.

Please do not get me wrong I do not want him to leave.

Just saying John Blackley he ain’t .

In Lenny we trust .
Using the 4-1 at Pittodrie isn't exactly the best example considering there wasn't one player in the team that day that deserved pass marks. I'd point to his 2 great performances at Ibrox that show how good he is

Shrekko
14-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Do Efe’s mistakes occasional mistakes stand out because he’s otherwise so good?

Pretty sure Daz and Paul make as many mistakes (not many) but I never hear them being described as ‘bomb scares’ or as having ‘Hanlon/McGregor moments’ when they do.

These are the best 3 central defenders we’ve had in ages and Efe is probably the best IMO. Be a sad day when he leaves!

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Using the 4-1 at Pittodrie isn't exactly the best example considering there wasn't one player in the team that day that deserved pass marks. I'd point to his 2 great performances at Ibrox that show how good he is
Agree! But still has the odd misdemeanour now and again but usually gets away with it.

Please do do not get me wrong I want him to stay he is calmness personified -usually.

The point of my post is not to slag the guy off but to find out if he is signing the fact I think he has his eccentricities is neither here nor there but anyone that has played or knows anything about football would agree with me saying that the guy has done nothing wrong that can be called a major disaster in a hibs jersey all I want to know is does anyone know if he is signing or not as he has come out and said he is settled in Scotland his kids are Scottish and he is happy here?

CMurdoch
14-06-2018, 11:15 PM
Agree! But still has the odd misdemeanour now and again but usually gets away with it.

Please do do not get me wrong I want him to stay he is calmness personified -usually.

The point of my post is not to slag the guy off but to find out if he is signing the fact I think he has his eccentricities is neither here nor there but anyone that has played or knows anything about football would agree with me saying that the guy has done nothing wrong that can be called a major disaster in a hibs jersey all I want to know is does anyone know if he is signing or not as he has come out and said he is settled in Scotland his kids are Scottish and he is happy here?

He doesn't need to sign anything as he has a year to go on his present contract.
There is however a good chance he might leave to chase a lucrative contract.
IMO, no chance he would go to Plymouth unless they offer him a **** load of cash.
Could go to the cash rich Chinese or Arab leagues.
Hope not as he is one of our star players and to date he has not been linked with anyone better or richer than Plymouth.

Franck Stanton
14-06-2018, 11:18 PM

Signing? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't he still got another year on his current contract ?

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 11:20 PM
He doesn't need to sign anything as he has a year to go on his present contract.
There is however a good chance he might leave to chase a lucrative contract.
IMO, no chance he would go to Plymouth unless they offer him a **** load of cash.
Could go to the cash rich Chinese or Arab leagues.
Hope not as he is one of our star players and to date he has not been linked with anyone better or richer than Plymouth.
Question answered thank you ! He has a year to go and if he doesn’t sign by January he is free to go. Thank you It is Just I had heard Chinese League and Plymouth so thought he was off.

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 11:22 PM
Signing? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't he still got another year on his current contract ?
You are correct I am an idiot!

tamig
14-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Question answered thank you ! He has a year to go and if he doesn’t sign by January he is free to go. Thank you It is Just I had heard Chinese League and Plymouth so thought he was off.

Eh not quite. He can sign a pre-contract from January. He can’t leave us until the end of the season. Unless we receive a bid that the club accepts.

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2018, 11:37 PM
Eh not quite. He can sign a pre-contract from January. He can’t leave us until the end of the season. Unless we receive a bid that the club accepts.
Knew that but thanks for pointing it out anyway.

:thumbsup: