PDA

View Full Version : Can you afford £10 to help Neil Lennon get the players he needs to take Hibs forward

Pages : [1] 2

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Can you afford not to ?

All cash raised goes straight to the manager’s fund to help get the players we need at Hibernian to take us onward to the next stage, it may even help to keep some of our favourite players at Easter Road a little bit longer.

Your help as a supporter can go a long way to making this possible.

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL
(courtesy of A Hi-Bee)

hibbydad
06-06-2018, 11:29 AM
I already contribute to HSL and I would urge anyone who can to contribute even a small amount every little helps. It could make the difference in taking the club to the next level

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Is buying a season ticket not enough? After all those funds go straight in the managers transfer budget don't they? :confused:

H18 SFR
06-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Is buying a season ticket not enough? After all those funds go straight in the managers transfer budget don't they? :confused:

Should be but its clearly not.

hibee316
06-06-2018, 11:38 AM

Aberdeen and Hearts, our closest rivals, have similar season ticket money coming in. But they are both raising £100 of thousands of pounds more than us every year through can donations.
When Hearts and Aberdeen pay of their new stadiums, which will definitely happen at some point, their advantage over us will be huge.

You don't need to donate extra, but our closest rivals are...

coldingham hibs
06-06-2018, 11:38 AM
I’ve been contributing £10 a month since the very beginning and I haven’t missed it at all. If it’s helped in even the slightest way to bring a bit of success to the club then I am more than happy with my investment.

Not everyone can afford it but those who can certainly won’t miss a small amount donated every month. Just have one pint less a week 🍺.

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 11:39 AM
I do

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Should be but its clearly not.

The opening post whilst probably meant with good intentions, has slightly irked me.

It's £10 per Month, but the comment "Can you afford not to?", is like some sort of gulit trip mechanism. Poor show IMO

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 11:41 AM

Depends on who we want to buy. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
06-06-2018, 11:44 AM
I already contribute to HSL and I would urge anyone who can to contribute even a small amount every little helps. It could make the difference in taking the club to the next level

What is the next level in your view ?

Ringothedog
06-06-2018, 11:45 AM

They will, but they will also go to the running of the football club. Contributing to HSL(if you can afford it) will ensure that we continue to compete at the top end of the table.

I would encourage all Hibs fans who can afford it to contribute and help with making our team as good as it can be.

Frogga
06-06-2018, 11:46 AM
I love Hibs but I don't really agree with this kind of thing. Ultimately you'll have every club in the SPL doing the same thing, cancelling each other out and leaving fans with less money and nothing to show for it.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 11:48 AM
I love Hibs but I don't really agree with this kind of thing. Ultimately you'll have every club in the SPL doing the same thing, cancelling each other out and leaving fans with less money and nothing to show for it.

That may be, but it has a secondary function of protecting the club's future by having 26% of the shares in the hands of HSL.

BlackSheep
06-06-2018, 11:55 AM
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what individuals views are... its a black and white issue.

More donations = better budget for the squad

Less donations = stay where we are and lose some of our best players as we cannot afford to aspire to their financial ambitions (Dylan McGeouch to name one).

If you cannot afford it, then please don't decry those who can or those who actively encourage others who could afford it but don't know the benefits. If anything also encourage it.

Its not elitism at work here, its harmony. HSL staff, members and contributors are doing their best to help out the team and in turn the Hibernian community as a whole.

Blaster
06-06-2018, 11:58 AM
Can HSL not head up their thread titles starting with HSL?

Capt Mainwaring
06-06-2018, 11:59 AM
I’ve set up a £10 per month payment (as well as my Season Ticket)

The fan ownership side of HSL doesnt interest me much but the additional funds going into the Manager’s fund does!

Onion
06-06-2018, 11:59 AM

Except the quality of player in the spl will be better and we might be better placed to retain key talent.

In saying that, I agree the plea for cash in a forum thread is not helpful. It is far too loose and lacks specifics. If you want folk to commit cash, better to be very specific on what we’re trying to achieve, what is needed overall to get there, how the funds will be held and used. Important the folk actually see the incremental improvement, there money has made ie without the extra contributions, what would the squad have looked like. If it can be shown exactly what the funds have done eg allowed Lennon to snag Kamberi, then many more would be inclined to subscribe IMO

Kato
06-06-2018, 12:01 PM

That would be your personal choice. Other people can also make their own personal choice.

superfurryhibby
06-06-2018, 12:04 PM

Given the relative size of support for each club and the considerable variation in incomes from other revenue streams this clearly will never be the case.

No one is obliged to give, so I’m quite happy that we raise money this way.

Sir David Gray
06-06-2018, 12:05 PM
The opening post whilst probably meant with good intentions, has slightly irked me.

It's £10 per Month, but the comment "Can you afford not to?", is like some sort of gulit trip mechanism. Poor show IMO

Agreed. No need for that bit.

JimboHibs
06-06-2018, 12:14 PM
That would be your personal choice. Other people can also make their own personal choice.

Do the other people have to be reminded or enticed to make a donation if they choose to or not.

jacomo
06-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Buying a season ticket is the single most important way of backing the team - both financially and in person.

There is always a risk that appeals to back HSL ignore the amazing backing that supporters are giving the club. A full ER is a glorious sight.

However, there are folk who don’t make it to many games, for whatever reason, or can afford to give a bit more on top.

It’s all good!

jacomo
06-06-2018, 12:19 PM

At the moment, only a few clubs are doing this.

If all Premiership clubs started a subscription scheme, would you still argue that Hibs should avoid it?

It’s another source of revenue for the club. It helps to improve the squad. Why get worried about that?

matty_f
06-06-2018, 12:24 PM

It only reads that way if you're looking for it, imho.

Nothing wrong with the OP, folk can either afford it out they can't, I don't think anyone at HSL or anyone supportive of HSL have ever set out to guilt trip folk into signing up.

In fact, in the majority of comms that have asked for cash they've gone to great lengths to make it clear people should only contribute if they can afford it.

The OP is a turn of phrase, I don't think anyone should be getting worked up about it, personally.

hibbydad
06-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Surely all that matters is the need to improve the squad. We don't want to either stand still as a cub or slide backwards HSL can help the club to move forward

matty_f
06-06-2018, 12:25 PM

More would surely help though, no?

JimBHibees
06-06-2018, 12:27 PM

Nothing wrong with the OP, folk can either afford it out they can't, I don't think anyone at HSL or anyone supportive of HSL have ever set out to guilt trip folk into signing up.

In fact, in the majority of comms that have asked for cash they've gone to great lengths to make it clear people should only contribute if they can afford it.

The OP is a turn of phrase, I don't think anyone should be getting worried up about it, personally.

Tend to agree dont see the issue with trying to encourage more fans to contribute. There has been a decent amount of hype/marketing recently about it with a few players and the manager signing up for it. Good idea to come onto forums to raise the word also. Hope it is successful.

WeeRussell
06-06-2018, 12:29 PM

The OP is a turn of phrase, I don't think anyone should be getting worried up about it, personally.

There is something wrong with the extra 'o' on "to" :grr: Where's that 'Wee Effin Bee' when we need him?

Joking aside - I actually agree that it could have been positioned and worded better. But it's not offensive and clearly only designed to drum-up interest and memberships for HSL.

BoomtownHibees
06-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Do the other people have to be reminded or enticed to make a donation if they choose to or not.

That’s marketing for u. How many items do u see advertised in the press, on TV etc. that you already have or have no intention of buying?

I’m glad they are going out for more. The greater the awareness, the better IMO

Kato
06-06-2018, 12:33 PM

Your not obliged to pay money or click on this thread or log onto Hibs.net at all. As I said, its a personal choice.

Since90+2
06-06-2018, 12:36 PM
People are now complaining about HSL trying to raise additional funds for the managers budget? How anyone could take offense at the original post is baffling.

Gerard
06-06-2018, 12:42 PM
People are now complaining about HSL trying to raise additional funds for the managers budget? How anyone could take offense at the original post is baffling.

HSL Imo is making difference to the players we have and can make a bigger difference in the future to getting better players. I fully support its objectives.

Kato
06-06-2018, 12:43 PM

Trolling fans efforts to improve the clubs finances, weird eh. At least one never hesitates to praise FOH as well.

The_Horde
06-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Have you ever had a positive thought? Nae wonder the English think the Scots are tight..

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 12:48 PM
More would surely help though, no?

Yes it would, however between 4 members of my family Hibs have gained a total off £1285 out us for next season as well as previous seasons, I think thats enough imo. Those who can donate more then well done and fair play however I'm not in position to donate right now.

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Have you ever had a positive thought? Nae wonder the English think the Scots are tight..

I guess the £1285 Hibs got from me for 4 season tickets for family members isn't enough? I can't afford anymore therefor I think I've paid enough towards the managers budget. Not about being negative, its my opinion thats all. If others can afford to donate then brilliant.

Kato
06-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Yes it would, however between 4 members of my family Hibs have gained a total off £1285 out us for next season as well as previous seasons, I think thats enough imo. Those who can donate more then well done and fair play however I'm not in position to donate right now.

Fair enough. So there's no good reason you have for contributing to this thread at all.

Leithenhibby
06-06-2018, 12:53 PM

Football income is changing and Scottish clubs are playing catch up with the rest of European football.

Only if you can manage...

https://twitter.com/hfcsupporters/status/1002271502916612096?s=19

MotherSuperior
06-06-2018, 12:55 PM
That's me signed up for monthly direct debits of £7.73. I know it's not much, but it's all I can afford and every little helps.

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Fair enough. So there's no good reason you have for contributing to this thread at all.

No, I cant post on this thread because I can't afford to donate. Talk about Ùber fan stuff. :rolleyes:

matty_f
06-06-2018, 12:56 PM

I doubt you're alone, I pay for season tickets and cab manage the lowest monthly donation for HSL.

Both are my choice though, if I thought either were too much then stop.

Certainly wouldn't feel that I should moan about someone asking for more help just because I thought i was paying enough though. I'd realise that it's a choice to make.

Kato
06-06-2018, 12:57 PM
No, I cant post on this thread because I can't afford to donate. Talk about Ùber fan stuff. :rolleyes:

What a waste of time.

matty_f
06-06-2018, 01:15 PM

Yeah you should probably stick to telling folk what away games they're allowed tickets for.

SRHibs
06-06-2018, 01:19 PM

Or because no-ones cares about your personal position with money, and if you’ve got no interest in donating then this thread has exactly 0 relevance to you.

BSEJVT
06-06-2018, 01:23 PM

If that's all you can afford to do, of course of it is.

But at a time when the monies raised beyond this by both Hearts and Aberdeen through their schemes to name but two vastly outstrip what is raised by HSL then clearly its not if we want to compete at the top end of the table.

What do you think pays the other running costs of the club?

Some of the ST money goes towards this.

Contributing to HSL is a guaranteed way of putting money in the pot to be spent in players.

Every £ counts I would urge those that can afford to contribute anything at all to do so

HSL will facilitate contributions of any amount.

I much prefer where we are now to where we have been in recent years and there is no doubt money talks.

We finally have a structure and manager in place that we see that monies raised will be used wisely

ShadesLongThrow
06-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Just signed up on the back of this thread. Sometimes you just need a nudge. :nlgwa

The_Horde
06-06-2018, 01:25 PM
I guess the £1285 Hibs got from me for 4 season tickets for family members isn't enough? I can't afford anymore therefor I think I've paid enough towards the managers budget. Not about being negative, its my opinion thats all. If others can afford to donate then brilliant.

The fact that you know the exact figure tells me all I need to know. You can't contribute, fair enough. But there's no need to use your sob story to discourage others.

madhatter
06-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Not meaning this in a bad way but what's the point responding to this thread stating why you think you donate enough? This thread has been put together to encourage more donators, it isn't a dig at people not donating so why respond like that?

All you've probably achieved is deterring people able to donate from donating as they'll likely say "you know what, I give enough". Its always a personal choice but sharing your own opinion of it will clearly have some influence on others. This "dinnae give the club another penny" talk helps nobody, except you as it may be popular opinion.

As a country we get less through TV money than the Austrian league, we are at the bottom of the barrel so thinking that all money from ST goes to playing budget is foolish, where is the rest of the money coming from to pay the catering staff, the groundsman, the office workers etc? ST cover internal costs as well.
HSL gives a mechanism to give money solely towards playing endeavors only if you can afford to. 2000 out of 13000-14000 ST holders and all the overseas bunch is a poor/slow turn up in my books and I think a lot of people are disregarding HSL far too easily.

We will be happy to moan when Hearts and Aberdeen leave us in the dirt, won't we? We are a negative bunch tbh and I think that is partially to blame. HSL are asking people to donate, if they can, and we seem to be getting our panties into a royal mess over nothing.

Donate if you can, simple message.

BSEJVT
06-06-2018, 01:31 PM
I cant multi quote but if I could I would highlight a few post on this thread from folk complaining about the issue being raised to the phraseology used.

For goodness sake you can skim past any post \ thread you don't like, its not mandatory to read them all.

Meanwhile in the real world our rivals continue to raise more than we do.

I know what I think is the bigger issue, but folk need something to complain about I suppose

WhileTheChief..
06-06-2018, 01:32 PM
You’d have thought that most folk on .net are aware of HSL by now!

Maybe time to start getting your msg out to a different audience instead of coming back time and time again to the same folk?

If they want to pledge they will, they’ve had enough reminders.

madhatter
06-06-2018, 01:37 PM

Maybe time to start getting your msg out to a different audience instead of coming back time and time again to the same folk?

Except someone joined a few posts back?

Socioeconomic factors will change, we will get new members here. We've got a transfer thread that descends into puns each year and has numerous pages of essentially zero worthwhile information. Yet a thread about raising funds for playing squad is criticised. Sometimes things just seem a wee bit mental, honestly.

BlackSheep
06-06-2018, 01:37 PM

The quote below completely rubbishes your response.

Just signed up on the back of this thread. Sometimes you just need a nudge. :nlgwa

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 01:51 PM

If you can’t afford it that’s fine. If other fans can, that’s fine too!

jacomo
06-06-2018, 02:01 PM

That is a tremendous contribution to the club. I don’t see why you would feel pressured to do more?

Hamish
06-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Any communication from HSL that I have seen emphasis the those who can afford to message.

Gibby the Hibby
06-06-2018, 02:15 PM
This is a good idea, however way you slice it, Hibs will benefit, and its only £10, if you can afford it, go for it.

The_Horde
06-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Any communication from HSL that I have seen emphasis the those who can afford to message.

Exactly this. It's in the thread title. 'Can you afford £10'

I've no idea why certain posters are offended by this. Nobody has questioned why they can't.

Can you afford an extra £10? No. I cannot. End of. Read another thread. You're no worse a hibs fan, person, husband, brother, colleague.. etc

Probably still moans about the 5p bag charge in Tesco anaw.

Salt N Sauzee
06-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Have a day off.

Kavinho
06-06-2018, 02:27 PM

Absolutely correct.

And I also disagree with fundamentally 'the masses' subsidising wealthy footballers or multi-million pound generating businesses.

The Modfather
06-06-2018, 02:28 PM

If you went to less away games you could afford to donate to HSL (devil emoji) 😀

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 02:40 PM
I doubt you're alone, I pay for season tickets and cab manage the lowest monthly donation for HSL.

Both are my choice though, if I thought either were too much then stop.

Certainly wouldn't feel that I should moan about someone asking for more help just because I thought i was paying enough though. I'd realise that it's a choice to make.

Thats great, good on those who can donate a bit extra. As BF says you shouldn't feel guilt tripped into contributing though. :aok:

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 02:42 PM
The fact that you know the exact figure tells me all I need to know. You can't contribute, fair enough. But there's no need to use your sob story to discourage others.

Sob story? You use sob story to try and get things, not discourage others. As I've said previously, good on those who can donate a tad extra.

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 02:45 PM
That is a tremendous contribution to the club. I don’t see why you would feel pressured to do more?

The "can you afford not to" comment in the OP seems like its putting pressure on non contributors although I dont think it is intended to come across that way.

BSEJVT
06-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Have to say I don’t like the way this thread is going

In every thread I have read on HSL it is made clear that only those that can afford to do so should consider contributing

I don’t think that the appeals being made are coercing folk who can’t afford to contribute to do do, but I know what being skint is and how easy it is when you are in that position to be intimidated by even well meaning invites.

I don’t like the idea that someone who has said they can’t afford to contribute is being questioned albeit jokingly about making different choices so they can contribute

I get fully that for a variety of other reasons folk aren’t interested or are sick hearing about HSL

But the simple truth is, and this thread proves it, that there are people out there who can and will contribute if reminded about it or given a reason and means to do so.

In the absence of a list detailing these folk, one avenue available to get the message out there and again as this thread proves more importantly keep it out there are threads like this

Can I ask those for whom it holds no interest to respect the good intentions of those trying to make a difference by refraining from clogging up the threads and detracting from the message with their complaints.

If you want to PM me I am quite happy to debate the issue with you offline. Just so as we are clear though I hold no position with HSL nor ever will, this is something I passionately believe in personally.

Folk are smart enough to make up their own minds whether it’s something they want to read or not

As my mum used to say if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing

If nothing else the threads will slide down the board quicker :-)

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 02:46 PM
If you went to less away games you could afford to donate to HSL (devil emoji) 😀

I'd rather go to the away games. Much prefer backing the club in person.

Oscar T Grouch
06-06-2018, 02:54 PM
The fact HSL are now posting quite regularly on .net is a great thing to see. I wish they would set up stalls in the home stands before each match too, to encourage fans not on forums to sign up. I wonder why they don't do this, if it is a case of not having the people to man these stalls then shirley a wee post on here asking for volunteers would help? The more Hibees we get signed up to HSL the better for the team. As others have stated, I have never seen any of HSLs posts asking for something someone hasn't got, they always state 'if you can afford it'.

My_Wife_Camille
06-06-2018, 02:56 PM
FOH’s biggest fan also on here having a go at HSL...

JimBHibees
06-06-2018, 03:00 PM
The fact HSL are now posting quite regularly on .net is a great thing to see. I wish they would set up stalls in the home stands before each match too, to encourage fans not on forums to sign up. I wonder why they don't do this, if it is a case of not having the people to man these stalls then shirley a wee post on here asking for volunteers would help? The more Hibees we get signed up to HSL the better for the team. As others have stated, I have never seen any of HSLs posts asking for something someone hasn't got, they always state 'if you can afford it'.

Couldnt agree more a great initiative and dont see what has been done to warrant any criticism. For the betterment of the team you would have thought all Hibs fans would want that.

Kato
06-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Not meaning this in a bad way but what's the point responding to this thread stating why you think you donate enough? .

Trolling?

Attention seeking?

Undermine HSL?

brog
06-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Trying to respond to several of the points raised in this thread.
1. I'm not at all offended by HSL continuing to beat the drum for more members, in fact - - - -
2. I made a one off donation at inception of HSL but this thread has encouraged me to finally start a monthly donation. I just signed up.
3. Again, no one should pay more to Hibs than they can afford. That includes season tickets.
4. On season tickets, part of the reason for our increased sales success is that Hibs responded to fans' feedback by some imaginative pricing, particularly for families.
5. There is a direct correlation between income & success. The 3 clubs relegated from the EPL last season were all in the 5 lowest season ticket prices. The clubs who finished in the top 4 in our league had 4 of the top 5 season ticket prices. (They only measure top price, not overall value ).
To summarise it's every fan's choice as to whether or not they join HSL & I would actively discourage anyone from joining if it could cause financial hardship. However, please make that your choice & don't waste time & effort coming on here & complaining about HSL's efforts. We all want the best for our club.

Betty Boop
06-06-2018, 03:03 PM
Naw

Since90+2
06-06-2018, 03:10 PM
I'd rather go to the away games. Much prefer backing the club in person.

Out of interest how much does an away season ticket cost over the season?

Bob Box Fish
06-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Does the money actually go towards purchasing players or is it split with maintaining East Mains / Sport science etc.

Asking as Lennon said last week he has a bigger budget but that covers all aspects....

Since90+2
06-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Trolling?

Attention seeking?

Undermine HSL?

First two I'd say.

madhatter
06-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Absolutely correct.

And I also disagree with fundamentally 'the masses' subsidising wealthy footballers or multi-million pound generating businesses.

You both realise that we are getting a collective share in that business by donating, yeah?

Also, if you think any footballers that play for Hibs are wealthy then we have different spectrums of wealth. Players that play for Hibs will need to continue working after hanging their boots up. Hardly Messi, Rinaldo and Neymar territory...

It is optional. You are also subsidising the multimillion pound business via purchases in club store, season tickets etc. so I'm not sure what the difference is. Neither season tickets or strips earn you an ownership share so...if anything is more along the lines of "subsidising".

Oscar T Grouch
06-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Does the money actually go towards purchasing players or is it split with maintaining East Mains / Sport science etc.

Asking as Lennon said last week he has a bigger budget but that covers all aspects....

I'm sure it goes directly into the playing budget. Now what that budget entails I don't know exactly but youd need to assume it is for the players wages and other related costs.

murray26
06-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Naw

Any need..? Just say nothing 👍

madhatter
06-06-2018, 03:30 PM
I'm sure it goes directly into the playing budget. Now what that budget entails I don't know exactly but youd need to assume it is for the players wages and other related costs.

I personally don't mind money from HSL going towards sport science etc. as its all involved with playing squad or youth development. Part of the reason we are getting better performances out of players is due to this. Whether this happens or not, I have no idea. I don't have direct involvement with HSL. Happy to see players like Porteous and Murray benefitting from Sport Science etc. though.

Oscar T Grouch
06-06-2018, 03:33 PM
I personally don't mind money from HSL going towards sport science etc. as its all involved with playing squad or youth development. Part of the reason we are getting better performances out of players is due to this. Whether this happens or not, I have no idea. I don't have direct involvement with HSL. Happy to see players like Porteous and Murray benefitting from Sport Science etc. though.

Yeah, I am not that bothered where it is used as long as it is used to progress and make the squad better. The new tie up with Andy Murrays company is exciting too and will benefit the two youngsters no end.

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 03:33 PM

Hermit

We get the gist of your comment. Allow us to answer in two parts :

1. Season Ticket money is core income to the Club and goes to pay for core expenses, rather like wages in a household. It pays for rates,mortgage, electricity etc and whatever is left goes towards wages. HSL donations are directed straight towards the Football Department.

2. We don't know if anyone noticed in the original post, underneath HSL, we annotated courtesy of A Hi-Bee. The reason for this was that in a previous thread it had been suggested to us that we should make our threads a lot more direct, and make it clearer that the funds will help Neil Lennon. As a result of this feedback we invited suggestions from our fellow supporters as to how we could re position things slightly. A Hi-Bee suggested this Thread Title and we took him/her up on that offer.

We say this not to embarrass anyone but to highlight how difficult it can be for us to get wording just right so as not to cause offence. Can we once again re-iterate :

Please only donate to HSL if it really is spare cash that you won't miss. It is not an investment, you won't see your money again, we cannot by any manner of means even guarantee football success. All we can do is give additional funds to the Club to make available to Neil and the Team and rest is "just football".

We have many supporters who are simply not in a financial to contribute to HSL right now and they are every bit a Hibs supporter as the rest of us.

HSL

Bob Box Fish
06-06-2018, 03:34 PM

I’m thinking of signing up but only if it’s for the playing budget directly. If it’s not the original poster needs to re-write or close his thread.

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I’m thinking of signing up but only if it’s for the playing budget directly. If it’s not the original poster needs to re-write or close his thread.

The money goes to the playing budget.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 03:43 PM

Hmmm... this needs clarified.

At the outset, it was "to fund sporting performance". Most of us took that as being exclusively for players.

However, there was a thread on here about a month ago which mentioned GC wanting to use some of the HSL cash for a psychologist for Ryan Porteous.

Personally, I'm okay with that. However, it will be important for some if 100% of the money doesn't go to the playing budget.

Bob Box Fish
06-06-2018, 03:44 PM

All of it? If so I’m in. I’m happy to help the club keep the like of mcgeouch / buy Mallan etc but not wanting to pay above my season ticket on maintaining east mains etc which is my personal choice.

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 03:50 PM

At the outset, it was "to fund sporting performance". Most of us took that as being exclusively for players.

However, there was a thread on here about a month ago which mentioned GC wanting to use some of the HSL cash for a psychologist for Ryan Porteous.

Personally, I'm okay with that. However, it will be important for some if 100% of the money doesn't go to the playing budget.

I missed that. I’m cool with that as well.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 03:50 PM
I missed that. I’m cool with that as well.

But some may not be. York for one.

It's always been a bit unclear to me.

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 03:52 PM
All of it? If so I’m in. I’m happy to help the club keep the like of mcgeouch / buy Mallan etc but not wanting to pay above my season ticket on maintaining east mains etc which is my personal choice.

Maintenance of east mains will be covered within the clubs budget as it need to happen no matter what.
This is extra money that the club spends on nice things like better players or psychologists to keep their heads right apparently.

Rocky
06-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Honestly gobsmacked that so many folk on this thread have managed to moan about a scheme that's entirely voluntary and, as has been confirmed many times, contributes funds directly to the playing budget.

Maybe some posters should start a new thread entitled 'Here's why I don't think Hibs should try to generate more income'. Reasons apparently include:
- cos if we do, Hamilton an that will too and we'll be nae better off
- football clubs are horrible capitalist institutions and if we give them more money it'll only mean players buy more Lamborghinis

I finally got round to setting up a DD in response to a thread like this a few months back so this form of marketing clearly works. Others on this thread have confirmed it.

Also I'm firmly in the camp that it's not just whether they can afford to contribute that should shape anyone's decision, it's also about whether they even want to. And in my book someone who can afford it but chooses to spend their money elsewhere is no less of a Hibby than someone who voluntarily wants to chip in a bit more. It's an entertainment business after all and none of us owes the club anything. I certainly wouldn't dissuade anyone who wants to help improve the club from doing so though.

Hermit Crab
06-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Out of interest how much does an away season ticket cost over the season?

You'd need to add up the cost of every away match ticket, each club has different prices.

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 03:55 PM
But some may not be. York for one.

It's always been a bit unclear to me.

I imagine all the football budget is allocated to George Craig and he doles it out as is needed. Probably all the HSL money goes in with that. Most of that will be spent on the first team but some will be spent on coaches, back room staff etc.

Since90+2
06-06-2018, 03:57 PM
You'd need to add up the cost of every away match ticket, each club has different prices.

The minimum monthly contribution for HSL I believe is £7.73 or about £90 a year. I would imagine 18 odd away games is far in excess of that.

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 04:00 PM
The minimum monthly contribution for HSL I believe is £7.73 or about £90 a year. I would imagine 18 odd away games is far in excess of that.

HSL is a luxury spend for those who can afford it. HC is perfectly entitled to put attending away games before HSL.
HSL is voluntary and a great scheme.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 04:03 PM
I imagine all the football budget is allocated to George Craig and he doles it out as is needed. Probably all the HSL money goes in with that. Most of that will be spent on the first team but some will be spent on coaches, back room staff etc.

That's fair enough, and we agree on that.

But if donors are under the impression that it all goes to transfer fees and players' wages, they need to know.

Billychaotic182
06-06-2018, 04:04 PM
I wish I could afford it, but I am getting married this year and already have a lot to pay for. I have my season ticket so I’ve contributed at least. Honestly wish I could afford it.

Frogga
06-06-2018, 04:14 PM
I never said I'm worried and i think you're missing my point slightly. What is likely to happen is every club will get a similar % of it's fan base donating and we'll all just end up at the same point as we were originally in terms of financial position, except that fans will have lost out on more money.

I accept the point it will improve Scottish Football but in an ideal world we wouldn't have to rely on the fans to such an extent.

RoYO!
06-06-2018, 04:14 PM
I know this probably comes up a lot so apologies. But the idea of fan ownership kinda terrifies me. (I'm happy to be proven wrong).

Hibs is my club and I guess I already feel I have ''ownership" of it as part of the hibs family. The main issue I guess is the "too many Chiefs" problem. I fear that if everyone plays owner this leads to instability in the club.

Again, genuinely not looking to have a moan. That's not what this is. I feel that surely I can't be the only one on the fence with this issue looking for assurances.

And finally, apologies again if this worry has been answered a million times!

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 04:15 PM
That's fair enough, and we agree on that.

But if donors are under the impression that it all goes to transfer fees and players' wages, they need to know.

I agree but they can take comfort that it’s Neil Lennon George Craig has to explain to if he wants it spent on anything but a new player for the first team. Lennon will make sure he gets the maximum possible.

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 04:16 PM

Psychologist?

BSEJVT
06-06-2018, 04:16 PM
I wish I could afford it, but I am getting married this year and already have a lot to pay for. I have my season ticket so I’ve contributed at least. Honestly wish I could afford it.

Don't give it a second thought mate

Everyday life is far more important, HSL is a way for those that both want to and can afford to, help channel funds solely to the football budget

When the time is right for you to contribute I am sure there will still be an opportunity for you to do so.

As others have said either contributing or not does not change the fact we are all Hibs supporters and there is no suggestion of their being a hierarchy of being a Hibs supporter determined through financial contributions.

Good luck with the wedding and importantly try and take the time to enjoy it.

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 04:20 PM

need guys like HC to go home and away. If he chooses his money to spend on Hi a away, that’s his prerogative
Supports the club by buying his season ticket, and most likely top up for cup games home and away

Since90+2
06-06-2018, 04:25 PM
need guys like HC to go home and away. If he chooses his money to spend on Hi a away, that’s his prerogative
Supports the club by buying his season ticket, and most likely top up for cup games home and away

Exactly, people can choose how they spend money supporting the club.. Sort of contradicts his original posts on the thread though.

madhatter
06-06-2018, 04:25 PM
I know this probably comes up a lot so apologies. But the idea of fan ownership kinda terrifies me. (I'm happy to be proven wrong).

Hibs is my club and I guess I already feel I have ''ownership" of it as part of the hibs family. The main issue I guess is the "too many Chiefs" problem. I fear that if everyone plays owner this leads to instability in the club.

Again, genuinely not looking to have a moan. That's not what this is. I feel that surely I can't be the only one on the fence with this issue looking for assurances.

GGTTH

German football is largely a fan ownership model. Bizarrely they are one of the countries that get a lot of money from TV. We don't, our clubs get nothing.

Also we can debate the pros and cons of fan ownership until the cows come home. However, what I don't understand is we always had fans owning shares (individually) but HSL is a collective so if anything we are able to have a collective voice rather than many individual ones. Also, if fan ownership worries you, what's your thoughts of Romanov, Abramovic, the guy that was at Livi, the guy that was at Dundee, Mike Ashley?

Without shares we have zero control or say on anything at the club. We should be thankful we have positive communication between the club's overseers and ourselves at the moment. Without shares that could easily change. As it stands do we know how our club will be placed when Tom Farmer is gone? No. It could be sold. Without a substantial share we won't have a say beyond pleading with the club from a weak position. We will never reach 100% ownership as far as I can see so we won't be fully fan owned, the idea is to get to a point where we have some representation at board level and can with some authority have a say on club matters. Regardless what comes after Farmer etc.

Donate to help us get more shares or don't, its all about what you can afford. Its always a personal choice.

Edit - forgot to mention that we have an added bonus of our money going to the squad rather than infrastructure.

06-06-2018, 04:30 PM
One thing you can be sure of is Lennon will not take the extra money for granted and will spend it wisely. Not sure the same could be said of Levein and the FoH donations.

Since90+2
06-06-2018, 04:49 PM
HSL is a luxury spend for those who can afford it. HC is perfectly entitled to put attending away games before HSL.
HSL is voluntary and a great scheme.

Away season ticket scheme is also voluntary that only certain fans can afford but it doesn't stop certain posters having a go at other Hibs fans about only attending certain games.

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Away season ticket scheme is also voluntary that only certain fans can afford but it doesn't stop certain posters having a go at other Hibs fans about only attending certain games.

Me and HC, and most of all the other away season tickets holders would rather have a loyalty scheme
It’s not our fault LD abolished it. Probably ends up costing us a bit more than a loyalty scheme would cost, if you miss the odd match or so.

Hiber-nation
06-06-2018, 04:55 PM

Yep it hit me right away and not just due to the misspelling of "to".

I'm behind HSL 100% but that wasn't a great 1st line.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Psychologist?Yep

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Arch Stanton
06-06-2018, 04:57 PM

Doesn't it all come down to what you define 'playing budget' to be? Which won't be the same for everyone, I agree.

However, developing our existing players improves the team every bit as much as signing new players and is probably more cost effective so, like you, I would be all for including it.

I would quible with your last statement, since NONE of HSL money goes into the playing budget. A budget details money you expect to have available over the coming year and how you intend spending it. With any luck this will be the same as your actual income and expenditure, but often isn't. Not sure this helps any though.:greengrin

3pm
06-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Psychologist?

Think GC was saying that they felt they let Ryan down a little (I am paraphrasing) because he had to play him at Ibrox in a huge game in an atmosphere he hadn’t experienced.

GC felt having a sports psychologist could have helped with his mental preparation.

As it turned out, he was quality anyway!

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Think GC was saying that they felt they let Ryan down a little (I am paraphrasing) because he had to play him at Ibrox in a huge game in an atmosphere he hadn’t experienced.

GC felt having a sports psychologist could have helped with his mental preparation.

As it turned out, he was quality anyway!
Ok ta, must have missed this

jacomo
06-06-2018, 05:46 PM

Everyday life is far more important, HSL is a way for those that both want to and can afford to, help channel funds solely to the football budget

When the time is right for you to contribute I am sure there will still be an opportunity for you to do so.

As others have said either contributing or not does not change the fact we are all Hibs supporters and there is no suggestion of their being a hierarchy of being a Hibs supporter determined through financial contributions.

:agree:

Brooster
06-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Haha. Delicate wee souls getting 'irked'. Get a grip. HSL is a great initiative, the more people who get behind it the better.

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Haha. Delicate wee souls getting 'irked'. Get a grip. HSL is a great initiative, the more people who get behind it the better.

:agree: Exactly, if you can afford it and want to give, then give. If you cant or dont, then this thread is not for you.

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2018, 06:08 PM

Delicate souls, behave yirsel

tynehibs
06-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Haha. Delicate wee souls getting 'irked'. Get a grip. HSL is a great initiative, the more people who get behind it the better. Exactly some comments are pretty sad 😢

Pagan Hibernia
06-06-2018, 06:55 PM
I never said I'm worried and i think you're missing my point slightly. What is likely to happen is every club will get a similar % of it's fan base donating and we'll all just end up at the same point as we were originally in terms of financial position, except that fans will have lost out on more money.

I accept the point it will improve Scottish Football but in an ideal world we wouldn't have to rely on the fans to such an extent.

if such a situation is to happen then we’ll need HSL or the gap between us and others will be insurmountable. I’m already worried about what will happen when FOH are able to finally start funneling money solely into their playing budget, rather than plugging infrastructure gaps here there and everywhere...

i do agree with you that it’s far from an ideal situation with fans always picking up the tab but we are where we are. There’s no money in scottish football.

Pagan Hibernia
06-06-2018, 06:58 PM

GGTTH

full ownership of the club is not on the cards. There aren’t enough shares to go round.

What we can have is a stake that deters the predators.... the romanovs and Mercers of this world who would seek to do us harm.

any single owner comes with an element of risk. I don’t want to ever have to worry about some charlatan killing my club ever again.

Pretty Boy
06-06-2018, 07:03 PM
I paid into HSL at £18.75 a month, attained membership, paid for a bit longer then my cirucmstances changed so I stopped. One day I'll start again when it's viable.

I can't say in that time I've felt pressured to start again by HSLs posts on here, Twitter or the official site. I can't afford a BMW, a Carribean cruise or a suite at Claridges so I don't feel pressured into those either. When any it (HSL payments' become a possibility a little prod in the right direction might just remind me I want to do it. Until then I have the ability to say no thanks the same as everyone else. The more visible HSL is the better imo, it's not forcing anyone to do anything.

The Spaceman
06-06-2018, 07:20 PM
I really admire what HSL are trying to do and I fully support it. Well done to everyone who gives up their time for free in getting behind this. However, one thing which I do notice, is that it could maybe all look a little more professional, structured and official. The .net posts with spelling mistakes/guilt tripping isn’t going to do it any good. Could benefit from a big refresh and something a lot more punchy/professional. All only my opinion which I am sure means eff all anyways.

Billychaotic182
06-06-2018, 07:24 PM

Thanks mate. Never realised how expensive a wedding would be. But don’t worry it’s hibs tartan all the way!!

madhatter
06-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Delicate souls, behave yirsel

Agreed, lets keep this considerate! The thing is we all are pushing for the same thing, we want to see better football on the park and ultimately European adventures etc. whether we are buying STs (single or multiple for families), buying tons of merchandise, travelling to away games, we are all striving for the same thing. I cannot make away games, that possibly gives me more justification to give towards HSL. Maybe it doesn't, maybe I have other reasons, maybe I don't have any concrete reasons but feel compelled/inspired by the idea. People overseas may think their subscription to Hibs TV is all they are willing to spend on Hibs, that's fine.

It is personal choices here, what gets me is the voracity at which we look to get one over on other fans or to prove our worth as fans. I still cannot fathom why fans would come on this thread to say why they cannot afford to give to HSL, we needn't know these personal details and how much you've spent, almost to the penny. HSL is asking for those who can give, they have been clear on that statement since the very beginning. Give if you can, I think we can already see the affect the donations have had on our club, the standard of player is much higher than in recent times (we had a better squad in the Championship than the 4 years leading up to our relegation for Christ's sake!).

We are not blessed like English clubs so I also do not understand the multi-million pound business perspective, football clubs in Scotland outside of Celtic are reliant massively on their fans, there is no £40million pound parachute payment should you get relegated, there isn't a £100million pound TV fee for each of the top league teams. That isn't there, if we don't buy STs, go to the games, get the merchandise, give to HSL etc. then Hibs will find a level that suits that income (less income from fans = less expenditure on everything [including players!]). What concerns me is fans that could comfortably give to HSL but don't, that isn't because they should (again that is their choice) but as is evident on these forums and at the matches, we, as fans, can be the first to berate the standard of play and the players - it'd be annoying if you could make a small difference, chose not to and then complained wildly at the games as the standard of product diminishes! Almost a double whammy as these fans will also damage the match day experience for everyone else!

I hope HSL reaches the stage where we have a chance to elect someone on to the Hibs board, that would secure our club to an extent. As it currently stands, as far as I know, we would collectively (and individually) have zero say should the club be sold etc. The club doesn't exist without the fans but as we've seen clubs can change drastically without fan input/direction, we've also seen new ownership drive clubs to the brink of extinction.

We really need to be a bit more positive as a fan base (that goes for me too), we always seem to default back to negatives and get in to "uber" fan one-upmanship BS. Give money to HSL if you want to and can afford to, never been any different. If you can't, don't feel the need to justify it, it's life - I had a poster when I was a kid that described what happens regularly in life, it put it rather eloquently with a four letter word.

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Can you afford not to ?

All cash raised goes straight to the manager’s fund to help get the players we need at Hibernian to take us onward to the next stage, it may even help to keep some of our favourite players at Easter Road a little bit longer.

HSL
(courtesy of A Hi-Bee)

On behalf of everyone at HSL can we express our sincere thanks to A Hi-Bee for his/her suggested Thread.

In the last few hours since posting it we have attracted 16 new donators. Most at £10 pm month, two at £18.75 pm , one at £30pm and a lump sum donation. As you will see from that thread it has provoked much debate which is brilliant. Such debates allow more clarity to be brought out into the open. It helps show what HSL is about and indeed what it isn't about.

We will try to respond to as many of the points raised in this lively thread.

Once again, thank you.

HSL

Gmack7
06-06-2018, 08:20 PM

i pay 3 seperate donations of £5 for my 2 sons and me. I'm not sure there is a minimum payment as it shows as 3 seperate transactions on my account.
Maybe HSL can confirm

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2018, 08:21 PM
On behalf of everyone at HSL can we express our sincere thanks to A Hi-Bee for his/her suggested Thread.

In the last few hours since posting it we have attracted 16 new donators. Most at £10 pm month, two at £18.75 pm , one at £30pm and a lump sum donation. As you will see from that thread it has provoked much debate which is brilliant. Such debates allow more clarity to be brought out into the open. It helps show what HSL is about and indeed what it isn't about.

Once again, thank you.

HSL

Great news, the more the merrier. :top marks

Brooster
06-06-2018, 08:24 PM

Once again, thank you.

HSL

Absolutely brilliant. You should 'irk' people every day lol.

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 08:36 PM

Baldy

As you may have noted, the thread was actually suggested by one of our Members who felt that some of our earlier communications were perhaps not clear enough. We invited suggestions therefore did not feel it right to tamper with it. We can assure you that we never intentionally try to encourage supporters to donate to HSL by any disreputable means and there was no intention to cause any supporter to feel guilty for not donating to HSL. As we have said on many occasions, the great thing about HSL is that it is voluntary. We do not want anyone contributing if they can't afford to donate or indeed if it simply is not their choice to do so.

HSL

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Can HSL not head up their thread titles starting with HSL?

We thought we were - "Official HSL"

HSL

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 08:45 PM
There is something wrong with the extra 'o' on "to" :grr: Where's that 'Wee Effin Bee' when we need him?

Joking aside - I actually agree that it could have been positioned and worded better. But it's not offensive and clearly only designed to drum-up interest and memberships for HSL.

WeeRussell

I have a feeling you might have been my old English Teacher. I have cold sweats just thinking about that.

HSL

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 08:50 PM
That's me signed up for monthly direct debits of £7.73. I know it's not much, but it's all I can afford and every little helps.

MotherSuperior

Welcome aboard. Rest assured your contribution is every bit as valuable as all our other donators. As we have said before, the FOH are not contributing the amount they are because of a few wealthy supporters, it's because they have a lot of supporters donating moderate amounts.

Once again, thank you.

HSL

Kavinho
06-06-2018, 08:54 PM
You both realise that we are getting a collective share in that business by donating, yeah?

Also, if you think any footballers that play for Hibs are wealthy then we have different spectrums of wealth. Players that play for Hibs will need to continue working after hanging their boots up. Hardly Messi, Rinaldo and Neymar territory...

It is optional. You are also subsidising the multimillion pound business via purchases in club store, season tickets etc. so I'm not sure what the difference is. Neither season tickets or strips earn you an ownership share so...if anything is more along the lines of "subsidising".

HSL has said it's not an investment - don't expect a return. But thanks for clarifying its optional. I've made it clear I'll not take up my option.

And just for clarity on on your other points, if I buy a shirt, I get a shirt. If I buy a season ticket, I get to watch games at Easter rd. If I spend £20 a month on this, I don't see my £240 buying much at the end of a year.

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 09:02 PM

WhileTheChief

We take your point and do try our best not to come on too often. It's a difficult balancing act as we often get complaints about not communicating enough. We have :

- distributed 20000 leaflets at Easter Road
- had pop up stands in each of the Stands at Easter Road
- visits to Supporters Clubs and Supporters Association
- the Club recently distributed a letter for us to 30000 on the Club database
- we recently did presentations in the Hospitality areas at Easter Road.
- issued videos via You Tube

We are trying hard not to pester but at the same time trying to keep reminding everyone of the opportunity that HSL gives us.

HSL

jacomo
06-06-2018, 09:03 PM
HSL has said it's not an investment - don't expect a return. But thanks for clarifying its optional. I've made it clear I'll not take up my option.

And just for clarity on on your other points, if I buy a shirt, I get a shirt. If I buy a season ticket, I get to watch games at Easter rd. If I spend £20 a month on this, I don't see my £240 buying much at the end of a year.

Fair enough.

But HSL does offer something tangible in return - collectively it is buying a stake in our club.

It’s not the fabled Romanov ‘share issue’!

OfficialHSL
06-06-2018, 09:14 PM

Vince1973

We fully intend to do this next Season. We have done this in the past, with little success. Anecdotal feedback suggested that supporters didn't like discussing such matters on match day. Having said this we sense that there is a much greater interest in HSL now. It would seem that supporters are looking at the product on the park and realising that HSL donations have had something to do with the better players we have seen of late. Of course, we are not pretending to take all the credit but the reality is money can and does make a difference in the right hands, and we seem to have the right hands at present. We will be seeking volunteers.

HSL

madhatter
06-06-2018, 09:19 PM

I never said it was a financial return, your money will be gone. What I did say is you will have a share in a company that will have a % ownership in Hibs. Depends how you qualify a "return".

If you buy a shirt, you get a shirt. That is true. What is also true is the more people we have donating the higher chance you'll have a better name to get printed on the shirt (player name I'm meaning). If you are looking for some kind of profit, product or substantial benefit out of HSL then it isn't for you and it wouldn't make sense anyway - HSL is there to help with funds for playing budget. If it were there to give some sort of direct payback to donators then it would essentially be pointless. People paying into a pot for us all to want the same or more back out, really doesn't make sense.

If you don't want to do it then don't.

SunshineOnLeith
06-06-2018, 09:20 PM
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what individuals views are... its a black and white issue.

Less donations = stay where we are and lose some of our best players as we cannot afford to aspire to their financial ambitions (Dylan McGeouch to name one).

If you cannot afford it, then please don't decry those who can or those who actively encourage others who could afford it but don't know the benefits. If anything also encourage it.

Its not elitism at work here, its harmony. HSL staff, members and contributors are doing their best to help out the team and in turn the Hibernian community as a whole.

See, these are the posts about HSL that annoy me. That people are either not joining because they can't afford it, or 'don't know the benefits'.

I, like many others, haven't joined HSL because I don't think 'fan ownership', particularly in the club membership style model of HSL, is the shining beacon that it is promoted as. I buy my season ticket, which contributes to the player budget, but I'm not going to subscribe to pay extra into a scheme I actively disagree with.

I've got no issue at all with people with opposing views who do subscribe to and support HSL, but respect is a two way street and suggesting that the only reasons for not joining HSL are either insufficient funds or insufficient knowledge is insulting.

Sir David Gray
06-06-2018, 09:28 PM

Look at it this way then.

If you spend £20 a month on HSL then you stand a better chance of your aforementioned season ticket being better value for money due to the club being able to buy better players.

1875STEVE
06-06-2018, 09:32 PM
just signed up again. :aok::aok:

I actually hadnt noticed it had stopped........:cb

madhatter
06-06-2018, 09:35 PM
See, these are the posts about HSL that annoy me. That people are either not joining because they can't afford it, or 'don't know the benefits'.

I, like many others, haven't joined HSL because I don't think 'fan ownership', particularly in the club membership style model of HSL, is the shining beacon that it is promoted as. I buy my season ticket, which contributes to the player budget, but I'm not going to subscribe to pay extra into a scheme I actively disagree with.

I've got no issue at all with people with opposing views who do subscribe to and support HSL, but respect is a two way street and suggesting that the only reasons for not joining HSL are either insufficient funds or insufficient knowledge is insulting.

I agree with that. Tbh I'm a little sceptical about HSL at times. However, until someone presents something else then I see it as the only way for us to collectively band together and get a noteworthy share in Hibs. My fear is what comes in the future? We are owned primarily by Farmer and Petrie. When they leave, what happens? As it currently stands whatever the club owners please. Sold to a Romanov type? That is my concern, being able to get some sort of fan ownership (protection) and giving towards player budget at the same time made sense to me. May not in the future.

Mutual respect is key though. As always it is optional and whether you donate or not, we are equal fans. It is a choice, and as you say it is not entirely down to money or understanding. Its like charity to an extent, some you believe in more than others so give. Some you don't like as much even after having all the details so don't donate.

Stantons Angel
06-06-2018, 09:49 PM

thats exactly it in my opinion.

Once again we try and make a big "thing" out of nothing ive got a season ticket too but i dont think i will miss £10 a month to my football team.

If it makes a difference to the quality of player being brought in to Easter Road then i will do without something that £10 was earmarked for.

As this poster says its purely a personal thing and if i can afford it i will try and do it... MY personal choice.

I realise others may not be in the same position and i respect that so my season ticket, my HSL contribution and retail shopping all go back to my club... MY personal choice.

No fuss no arguing, if my £10 goes towards keeping McGeough at Easter Road then so be it!

brog
06-06-2018, 10:01 PM

Fan ownership is way down my list of priorities as a recently joined member of HSL. IMO it's no different to being a shareholder in a major corporation, say BP. On paper the shareholders own the company but in reality the company is run by a CEO/MD, directors & managers. Hibs will be no different. We will not have 30,000 members picking the team or arranging transfers. The club will continue as before but we will have more security to protect us from a Mercer type takeover & we will be contributing funds to our team. I'm not being funny but I suspect you're 'actively disagreeing' with a scenario which will never happen.

tamig
06-06-2018, 10:06 PM

Just catching up on this now and I’m truly astounded at some if the negative comments. Some of these folk don’t deserve a better and more progressive Hibs. Unbelievable.

Jones28
06-06-2018, 10:09 PM
I've been meaning to for ages and I have finally set up my direct debit! It's a great scheme and clearly something that will help us get an extra edge on playing budget. FOH across the city have worked wonders for them (well, in terms of donations etc) and Aberdeen have private investment that we can't match, so any scheme that brings us on a par with them is excellent.

I have been critical of HSL in the past for not trying to ram the point home but this thread seems to have made a difference 👍

3pm
06-06-2018, 10:10 PM
WhileTheChief

We take your point and do try our best not to come on too often. It's a difficult balancing act as we often get complaints about not communicating enough. We have :

- distributed 20000 leaflets at Easter Road
- had pop up stands in each of the Stands at Easter Road
- visits to Supporters Clubs and Supporters Association
- the Club recently distributed a letter for us to 30000 on the Club database
- we recently did presentations in the Hospitality areas at Easter Road.
- issued videos via You Tube

We are trying hard not to pester but at the same time trying to keep reminding everyone of the opportunity that HSL gives us.

HSL

Do you think you could do more to get people to your website mate?

Maybe some player interviews, the odd prize or whatever. Just an idea.

tamig
06-06-2018, 10:13 PM

It was the tone of your opening post that’s the issue. Not at all encouraging. If you can’t see that you have a problem.

jacomo
06-06-2018, 10:39 PM
Do you think you could do more to get people to your website mate?

Maybe some player interviews, the odd prize or whatever. Just an idea.

:agree:

Hibs could do so much more media wise. I know Hibs tv is another revenue stream but you have to invest in content

tamig
06-06-2018, 10:56 PM

GGTTH

I’ve mentioned on some other HSL related threads that I couldn’t give two hoots about having a share certificate. All I care about is getting the best Hibs team possible out on the park. The more folk that chip in the better chance we have of getting more quality in and retaining our top talent. Preventing another Mercer scenario - for me - is a nice bonus.

Mikey
07-06-2018, 07:39 AM
What do those who are actively trying to discourage contributions make of the news that Rangers look likely to nip in and get Brandon Barker ahead of us?

Mine had lapsed but I'll be signing up again later today.

hibbydad
07-06-2018, 08:11 AM
You are so right Mikey we need as many as possible backing this initative to take the club to the next level

WhileTheChief..
07-06-2018, 08:16 AM
What do those who are actively trying to discourage contributions make of the news that Rangers look likely to nip in and get Brandon Barker ahead of us?

I think that that is just the reality of them having 3x the number of ST holders as us? They aren’t nearly as skint as you might think from reading things on here.

A few extra folk chipping in a tenner a month isn’t gonna make a much of a difference in Barker deciding where to go!

Barker to Rangers has been doing the rounds for a few months, I posted a while back about it. Alan Preston is his agent and is trying to get the deal done. It sucks.

WeeRussell
07-06-2018, 08:19 AM

Come on Mikey, for all there’s been some needless digs on this thread, (and I absolutely agree that there has) I don’t think anyone on here is “actively trying to discourage contributions”.

We know HC has a tendency to be short and negative in a lot of his posts, but I’m confident his intentions weren’t as above.

I also so think some are confusing criticism of positioning, pitching and marketing (which is important) as people being easily offended or “delicate souls”.

Pagan Hibernia
07-06-2018, 08:40 AM
I think that that is just the reality of them having 3x the number of ST holders as us? They aren’t nearly as skint as you might think from reading things on here.

*A few extra folk chipping in a tenner a month isn’t gonna make a much of a difference in Barker deciding where to go!

Barker to Rangers has been doing the rounds for a few months, I posted a while back about it. Alan Preston is his agent and is trying to get the deal done. It sucks.

A few people chipping in a tenner a month may not make a difference to Barker, but a few thousand chipping in a tenner a month will certainly make a difference in the kind of player we can get (to replace Barker or otherwise) and what we can offer them.

as always though, it’s down to individual choice and affordability. I just don’t agree with the argument that there’s no point to it.

Spike Mandela
07-06-2018, 08:55 AM
In the future will the HSL income have a bearing on how Hibs price the cost of a season ticket?

Keeping season tickets affordable is very important in maintaning new members we have attracted.

weecounty hibby
07-06-2018, 09:13 AM
In the future will the HSL income have a bearing on how Hibs price the cost of a season ticket?

Keeping season tickets affordable is very important in maintaning new members we have attracted.

I think that's the point though that HSL is an addition and no one should join unless they can afford it. I don't contribute at the moment but probably will at some point soon although it means something else will need to go. Unfortunately my subscription to MCN weekly, Bike magazine and Classic Rock magazine monthly currently look under threat. Might need to stop buying my rounds in the pub as I'm sure that's how you've funded your HSL contributions!!

CockneyRebel
07-06-2018, 09:31 AM
A few people chipping in a tenner a month may not make a difference to Barker, but a few thousand chipping in a tenner a month will certainly make a difference in the kind of player we can get (to replace Barker or otherwise) and what we can offer them.

as always though, it’s down to individual choice and affordability. I just don’t agree with the argument that there’s no point to it.

If Barker went to Ibrox he would not get any more money than if he came here. Clubs paying out more would just be contributing more towards his wages that are paid by Man City. This would sway Man City towards getting Barker to sign for the club willing to pay the biggest per cent of his wage. H e may have some choice as to where he goes but he will be paid the same wherever that is. He may choose to return here because he enjoyed his time here or he may choose another English club to be more in the shop window.

brog
07-06-2018, 10:04 AM

Once again, thank you.

HSL

Excellent news. I make it that's at least £2,500 raised in a few days (for this year) just by starting this thread. Maybe we could keep it going through June & you could update us on new joiners in much the same way as Hibs do with season tickets. I think if people see more joining up & can see a tangible sum resulting, eg £50k or higher, then it may encourage others to sign up. Great job, many congrats.

WeeRussell
07-06-2018, 11:21 AM

Once again, thank you.

HSL

That's really good news, and the best post on the thread yet :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
07-06-2018, 11:34 AM

Can't see anybody actively trying to discourage others to contribute.?????

Baldy Foghorn
07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Baldy

As you may have noted, the thread was actually suggested by one of our Members who felt that some of our earlier communications were perhaps not clear enough. We invited suggestions therefore did not feel it right to tamper with it. We can assure you that we never intentionally try to encourage supporters to donate to HSL by any disreputable means and there was no intention to cause any supporter to feel guilty for not donating to HSL. As we have said on many occasions, the great thing about HSL is that it is voluntary. We do not want anyone contributing if they can't afford to donate or indeed if it simply is not their choice to do so.

HSL

Thanks for the response. (Nice to get a reasonable response, without being labelled delicate soul by the odd few)

Baldy Foghorn
07-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Come on Mikey, for all there’s been some needless digs on this thread, (and I absolutely agree that there has) I don’t think anyone on here is “actively trying to discourage contributions”.

We know HC has a tendency to be short and negative in a lot of his posts, but I’m confident his intentions weren’t as above.

I ask so think some are confusing criticism of positioning, pitching and marketing (which is important) as people being easily offended or “delicate souls”.

Good post WeeRussell

WeeRussell
07-06-2018, 11:47 AM
Good post WeeRussell

Apart from my typo on "also" which I'll fix just now :greengrin

:aok:

Spike Mandela
07-06-2018, 11:49 AM
I think that's the point though that HSL is an addition and no one should join unless they can afford it. I don't contribute at the moment but probably will at some point soon although it means something else will need to go. Unfortunately my subscription to MCN weekly, Bike magazine and Classic Rock magazine monthly currently look under threat. Might need to stop buying my rounds in the pub as I'm sure that's how you've funded your HSL contributions!!

So...you admit I get my round in.🍺😎

Sir David Gray
07-06-2018, 03:45 PM

If Rangers and Hibs both want a player and money is the deciding factor then Rangers get that player.

That's got nothing to do with a few people saying they do not want to contribute to HSL, it's just simple arithmetic.

Unless we get bought over by an Arab sheikh with an endless amount of money, we have no chance of competing with Rangers as far as wages are concerned, when they have around 30,000 more season ticket holders than us.

heretoday
07-06-2018, 03:49 PM
I must have spent thousands following Hibs since 1963, but I suppose another tenner won't hurt.

It's a bit thick though!

green day
07-06-2018, 03:51 PM
If Rangers and Hibs both want a player and money is the deciding factor then Rangers get that player.

That's got nothing to do with a few people saying they do not want to contribute to HSL, it's just simple arithmetic.

Unless we get bought over by an Arab sheikh with an endless amount of money, we have no chance of competing with Rangers as far as wages are concerned, when they have around 30,000 more season ticket holders than us.

If we get enough people signing up, we can compete with them.

Perhaps not on overall wage bill, but in a few key areas.

Aberdeen are doing it, with a bit more investment focussed in the right areas, why not Hibs?

Those who say "why bother with HSL" are usually those jumping out their seats greetin about the quality of our players.....

Sir David Gray
07-06-2018, 04:13 PM

Aberdeen are doing it, with a bit more investment focussed in the right areas, why not Hibs?

Those who say "why bother with HSL" are usually those jumping out their seats greetin about the quality of our players.....

If Rangers get things right off the pitch then they'll be streets ahead of both us and Aberdeen.

Aberdeen are a fair comparison and they do pay more than us just now so that alone should encourage people to donate to HSL but I don't think Rangers are necessarily a good comparison.

Criswell
07-06-2018, 09:50 PM
When HSL pass the 2000 member number I would like to see them make a big thing of this. We need to generate momentum and hopefully a "bandwagon" effect will kick in! Just a thought.

green&left
08-06-2018, 08:06 AM

You're forgetting that Rangers fans are also donating to similar schemes. Club1872 are about to donate circa £1m for the start of this season. Add that to Rangers turnover of nearly £20m for the last 6 months and now that they're in control of the £5-6m a season merchandise business (probably alot more should they go with an orange or union jack away strip) and we'll never compete with them financially.

I support HSL and have donated a few quid every month since it started. But another poster is probably correct, the donation schemes of Hibs, Hertz and Aberdeen will pretty much just end up cancelling each other out.

CropleyWasGod
08-06-2018, 08:44 AM
You're forgetting that Rangers fans are also donating to similar schemes. Club1872 are about to donate circa £1m for the start of this season. Add that to Rangers turnover of nearly £20m for the last 6 months and now that they're in control of the £5-6m a season merchandise business (probably alot more should they go with a orange or union jack away strip) and we'll never compete with them financially.

I support HSL and have donated a few quid every month since it started. But another poster is probably correct, the donation schemes of Hibs, Hertz and Aberdeen will pretty much just end up cancelling each other out.

...in turn, though, by improving the standard of our team, when/if we qualify for Europe, we will be better-placed to make progress.

Garymcl
08-06-2018, 10:03 AM
Agree totally with cwg it's a fact any donations to HSL will help our manager to kick on again and improve the quality of our squad I urge all hibbys if possible to donate even a small amount one thing we surely all agree on we want the best team as possible to take us as Lenny says to the next level he has proven in the transfer market to be very astute let's do this my fellow hibbys Ggtth :flag:

givescotlandfreedom
08-06-2018, 03:02 PM
If you can afford to commit then it's a no brainer. The money goes straight to new signings.

givescotlandfreedom
08-06-2018, 03:03 PM
...in turn, though, by improving the standard of our team, when/if we qualify for Europe, we will be better-placed to make progress.

It gives us a bigger advantage against smaller clubs without the means to do this too. Could be the difference between a draw and a win against such teams.

Sir David Gray
08-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of where it specifically states that the funds will be used for player recruitment?

As far as I can see HSL themselves say on their own website that all the money raised is passed to Hibs and it's up to the club to use the money as they see fit.

I don't actually have a problem with the above statement by the way, as it's outlined very clearly what their intentions are and it's then up to each individual if they want to donate.

I've seen a few people say that all funds go to the manager and I just wondered where people had got this understanding from that all funds raised by HSL would be passed to the club in order to buy new players. Although that may well be what happens, I can't see it confirmed anywhere.

CropleyWasGod
08-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of where it specifically states that the funds will be used for player recruitment?

As far as I can see HSL themselves say on their own website that all the money raised is passed to Hibs and it's up to the club to use the money as they see fit.

I don't actually have a problem with the above statement by the way, as it's outlined very clearly what their intentions are and it's then up to each individual if they want to donate.

I've seen a few people say that all funds go to the manager and I just wondered where people had got this understanding from that all funds raised by HSL would be passed to the club in order to buy new players. Although that may well be what happens, I can't see it confirmed anywhere.The club say that it's to "fund sporting achievement. That's quite a wide area.

There was a story on here recently about GC using HSL money to pay for a psychologist for Ryan Porteous. That suggests that GC gets the money, and spends it on the football operation.

If that's the case, it's wide of the mark to suggest that the money is only spent on players and their wages.

Like you, though, I don't have a problem with that scenario.

madhatter
08-06-2018, 04:45 PM
The club say that it's to "fund sporting achievement. That's quite a wide area.

There was a story on here recently about GC using HSL money to pay for a psychologist for Ryan Porteous. That suggests that GC gets the money, and spends it on the football operation.

If that's the case, it's wide of the mark to suggest that the money is only spent on players and their wages.

Like you, though, I don't have a problem with that scenario.

Not sure why any Hibs fan would have an issue with Porteous getting time with a Psychologist if needed, and that Psychologist being paid/funded via HSL. Getting new players and getting more out of current players are very similar things to me. I want success on the field if that means Stevenson gets coached to the point where he can dribble past 5 players and put it into the top corner then so be it. Doesn't need to be a fancy name for it to be a fancy player! HSL could be getting spent on player contracts, unless we make news worthy signings it seems some will be annoyed with HSL which I don't understand fully. Do people want an itemised account of what their money has gone to? Do people ask the same from charities when they donate?

Sir David Gray
08-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Not sure why any Hibs fan would have an issue with Porteous getting time with a Psychologist if needed, and that Psychologist being paid/funded via HSL. Getting new players and getting more out of current players are very similar things to me. I want success on the field if that means Stevenson gets coached to the point where he can dribble past 5 players and put it into the top corner then so be it. Doesn't need to be a fancy name for it to be a fancy player! HSL could be getting spent on player contracts, unless we make news worthy signings it seems some will be annoyed with HSL which I don't understand fully. Do people want an itemised account of what their money has gone to? Do people ask the same from charities when they donate?

If you had actually taken the time to read the post you have quoted and my post which prompted the post you have quoted you will see that no-one is criticising any use of HSL funds for Ryan Porteous to see a psychologist.

All I had pointed out is that some people appear to be of the understanding that all funds raised by HSL go straight to Neil Lennon to spend on new players and I just asked where people had read this as I do not believe that this is necessarily true.

CropleyWasGod
08-06-2018, 04:58 PM

I'm with you on that.

I suppose I'm just highlighting that there may be a misunderstanding out there that it's all about transfer fees and wages.

HOWEVER....since you've put it out there.... see if Lewie doesn't do that every game.....there will be questions. [emoji16]

A Hi-Bee
08-06-2018, 06:02 PM

Once again, thank you.

HSL

Thank you HSL, for all the good work being done to try and help the Hi-Bees.
It is certainly very positive that this thread has generated some discussion about HSL, perhaps more importantly it has generated more contributors to HSL and by default to the mighty Hi-Bees.
My slight dyslexia I promise to work even harder on. As for the heading “Can I/we/you afford not to!” perhaps some read things into words that they wish or want (Context) This was more of a call to all Hibs supporters not to ignore what other clubs are doing along similar paths. (Just squeezed into 5 words. Try getting a heading into 5 words) May have been better using the word “We”, but all have 20/20 vision with hindsight.
For sure there is a whole lot more that could be done with and by HSL but they all give their time voluntarily which I completely understand. All I do is contribute I have no affiliation whatsoever.
But perhaps this is a missing opportunity to get help, with such things as a monthly newsletter which shows the progress being made. As others have already said on this thread, in my humble opinion they should forget about percentages and speak about targets for each month, then show totals in cash raised for that month, even if not reached.
There are more than enough on this forum who I am sure could contribute to articles etc, for a newsletter, perhaps they could even set it up as many appear to write Blogs and such. This could be sent out once a month to all on the database. Then it could also be read on the official website.
Its all about clear communication, and I for one would want to see hard cash figures rather than what percentage of shares have been purchased (although important its boring) This could be covered in the newsletter by official HSL.
Articles from players past and present etc, you may even be able to get some advertisers which would bring in a wee bit more cash.
To get 16 to 20 people signing up with one thread shows the power that the forum has, it’s up to HSL to use it better.
Aim for 50 people a week, so what if you don’t reach it, tell us the numbers also the cash amounts raised each month, then momentum can grow, both by word of mouth and seeing results.
Anyway that’s enough from me for now.

GGTTH
:flag::flag::flag:

matty_f
08-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Re the question about how the money is spent, the way I view it is that HSL donations effectively protect/enhance the playing budget.

In the example above about the psychologist - Hibs might have done that regardless, but then that money would have to come from somewhere of HSL wasn't paying donations, and sooner or later that money comes from Lennon's budget.

You could argue that the club paid for the physiologist and from the budget and then HSL paid into the budget to compensate, or you could say HSL paid for the psychologist. It doesn't really matter but it shows why it's not dishonest or even disingenuous to say that HSL directly impacts the money Lennon can spend on transfers or wages.

madhatter
08-06-2018, 06:49 PM
If you had actually taken the time to read the post you have quoted and my post which prompted the post you have quoted you will see that no-one is criticising any use of HSL funds for Ryan Porteous to see a psychologist.

All I had pointed out is that some people appear to be of the understanding that all funds raised by HSL go straight to Neil Lennon to spend on new players and I just asked where people had read this as I do not believe that this is necessarily true.

There have been a few posts suggesting that fans want the money solely for player budget (which seems to be directly related to player acquisition). I wasn't replying to the post (or your post) suggesting either of you had done it. I'm just furthering the discussion on the psychologist thing with Porteous. George Craig did definitely indicate that HSL had helped with that matter but whether it was HSL helped to free up some internal funds or HSL money was spent directly on that, I have no idea.

I agree with your point, that is why I replied to the posts before. Player acquisition seems to be people's focus and at no point have we heard from HSL "this money will go straight to player acquisition". A budget for playing staff is wide-ranging for me, I'm happy for my money to go towards that if it means Porteous goes onto become a top player etc. You definitely have highlighted a valid point though, people do think all the money we are raising is going to signing players (don't entirely blame them for getting fixated on that at the moment though because it has been very quiet on that front!)

Just Alf
08-06-2018, 07:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the original quote (loosley) was that our money would be "ring fenced for the manager to put towards Sporting Ambition"

That covers a few things, but in my mind... All good.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
08-06-2018, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty sure the original quote (loosley) was that our money would be "ring fenced for the manager to put towards Sporting Ambition"

That covers a few things, but in my mind... All good.

Sent from my SM-G925F using TapatalkAmbition. That was the word. Thanks.

I remember at the time thinking that it was a bit non-specific, and open to being criticised by the Ponzi wiseguys. But I'm pretty sure most of us have confidence in the current regime to use it appropriately.

Sir David Gray
08-06-2018, 07:28 PM
There have been a few posts suggesting that fans want the money solely for player budget (which seems to be directly related to player acquisition). I wasn't replying to the post (or your post) suggesting either of you had done it. I'm just furthering the discussion on the psychologist thing with Porteous. George Craig did definitely indicate that HSL had helped with that matter but whether it was HSL helped to free up some internal funds or HSL money was spent directly on that, I have no idea.

I agree with your point, that is why I replied to the posts before. Player acquisition seems to be people's focus and at no point have we heard from HSL "this money will go straight to player acquisition". A budget for playing staff is wide-ranging for me, I'm happy for my money to go towards that if it means Porteous goes onto become a top player etc. You definitely have highlighted a valid point though, people do think all the money we are raising is going to signing players (don't entirely blame them for getting fixated on that at the moment though because it has been very quiet on that front!)

Apologies I came on a bit too strong in my last post which was wrong. :aok:

I thought it was worth raising the question in case I had totally missed the point (the subsequent posts to the one I made where I asked the question would suggest that I haven't though).

Some people on here do seem to be under the impression that funds raised through HSL are going solely towards player recruitment and there doesn't seem to be too many people trying to correct them. I just thought it was worth raising the issue.

Like I said originally though I'm personally quite comfortable with the idea that Hibs use the funds as they wish. I'm sure the majority of it will go to the manager anyway but if they find other uses for it which is going to aid our existing members of the playing staff then so be it.

Cat Stanton
08-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Can you afford not to ?

HSL
(courtesy of A Hi-Bee)

Right, that's me signed up. £10 per month = £520 worth of cat food donated annually. I demand Kamberi and Griffiths for this...

Fritz
08-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Right, that's me signed up. £10 per month = £520 worth of cat food donated annually. I demand Kamberi and Griffiths for this...

I demand you check your arithmetic...

A Hi-Bee
08-06-2018, 07:40 PM

Thats fantastic Cat and I am sure the cat will understand.

Sir David Gray
08-06-2018, 07:50 PM

Are you putting in a £400 lump sum first? :wink:

jabis
08-06-2018, 07:55 PM

£120 on mouse traps = ..........?

rossevenil
08-06-2018, 08:09 PM
Thats me signed up now,don`t get to many games these days so feel the need to contribute and do my bit.

A Hi-Bee
08-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Thats me signed up now,don`t get to many games these days so feel the need to contribute and do my bit.

Well done fellow Hibby it can only help our team to continue upwards.

OfficialHSL
08-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Apologies I came on a bit too strong in my last post which was wrong. :aok:

I thought it was worth raising the question in case I had totally missed the point (the subsequent posts to the one I made where I asked the question would suggest that I haven't though).

Some people on here do seem to be under the impression that funds raised through HSL are going solely towards player recruitment and there doesn't seem to be too many people trying to correct them. I just thought it was worth raising the issue.

Like I said originally though I'm personally quite comfortable with the idea that Hibs use the funds as they wish. I'm sure the majority of it will go to the manager anyway but if they find other uses for it which is going to aid our existing members of the playing staff then so be it.

Sir David and others

I hope you don't mind if I pop in here to help clarify a couple of points.

The psychologist story has grown a little. I shared a platform with George Craig a few weeks back in the Gallery area at the Stadium. He was helping us promote the benefits of HSL to guests in the Hospitality area. George, as only he can do, shared with the audience a story about Ryan and how well he had performed at Ibrox. He mentioned how pleased he was with how well the Club had prepared him for this experience. In the passing, he commented that he might ask Leeann if we had the budget to support the benefits of a sports psychologist to help better prepare the players. Now I am sure supporters will have various opinions on such matters, as they do on many other aspects of our Football Department. Whether this happens or not is irrelevant. From the outset it was made clear that donations from HSL would be used to fund our "sporting ambition". We have tended to use more straightforward language such as our Football Department. Leeann has confirmed on many occasions this is exactly where the money goes. We send our donations to the Club and Leeann, George and Neil decide how best to use those funds in our Football Department. Not heating,lighting,infrastructure,mortgages, existing shareholders. We as a collective may have an ownership position in the Club, I am not aware of anyone seeking fan control. It is for the Club executive to make those decisions.

I think we only have to look at the product on the park compared to what it was three years ago to consider if our donations are being spent well in the Football Department.

Jim Adie
HSL

stevie-bee
08-06-2018, 08:28 PM
I used to donate £18.75 a month, I was buying two season tickets as well , I stopped the hsl as money was getting tight , I noticed this thread give £10 etc ,
Decided to donate £10 a month,
when the process and there was a problem because the email address was already registered
contact support done this on Wednesday and I still haven’t had a reply

madhatter
08-06-2018, 08:35 PM
I used to donate £18.75 a month, I was buying two season tickets as well , I stopped the hsl as money was getting tight , I noticed this thread give £10 etc ,
when the process and there was a problem because the email address was already registered

I may be wrong but you should be able to login to the website. You may need to do a password reset to get you going again. Not sure as I'm not directly involved but pretty sure this is the case!

Sir David Gray
08-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Sir David and others

I hope you don't mind if I pop in here to help clarify a couple of points.

The psychologist story has grown a little. I shared a platform with George Craig a few weeks back in the Gallery area at the Stadium. He was helping us promote the benefits of HSL to guests in the Hospitality area. George, as only he can do, shared with the audience a story about Ryan and how well he had performed at Ibrox. He mentioned how pleased he was with how well the Club had prepared him for this experience. In the passing, he commented that he might ask Leeann if we had the budget to support the benefits of a sports psychologist to help better prepare the players. Now I am sure supporters will have various opinions on such matters, as they do on many other aspects of our Football Department. Whether this happens or not is irrelevant. From the outset it was made clear that donations from HSL would be used to fund our "sporting ambition". We have tended to use more straightforward language such as our Football Department. Leeann has confirmed on many occasions this is exactly where the money goes. We send our donations to the Club and Leeann, George and Neil decide how best to use those funds in our Football Department. Not heating,lighting,infrastructure,mortgages, existing shareholders. We as a collective may have an ownership position in the Club, I am not aware of anyone seeking fan control. It is for the Club executive to make those decisions.

I think we only have to look at the product on the park compared to what it was three years ago to consider if our donations are being spent well in the Football Department.

Jim Adie
HSL

Thanks for the post. I don't think there is any doubt that the donations are being put to good use and I don't think I have come across in my previous posts as stating otherwise. I trust our current custodians to make good use of the funds generated by HSL.

I just wanted to point out that there's a number of people on here who are apparently under the impression that 100% of their donations go directly to Neil Lennon to buy new players. Everything I have read, along with your post, confirms that is not quite the case.

I just think it's quite an important point to address. I'm not suggesting HSL is misleading anyone either by the way, just in case that starts to grow arms and legs. I think the online mission statement on the HSL website is pretty clear. It's people's failure to properly find out the facts which is the cause of any misunderstanding here.

OfficialHSL
08-06-2018, 08:43 PM

Stevie-bee

We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had. We re not aware of any outstanding emails from any supporters. If you don't mind could you send us your details to info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we will sort this immediately.

HSL

OfficialHSL
08-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the post. I don't think there is any doubt that the donations are being put to good use and I don't think I have come across in my previous posts as stating otherwise. I trust our current custodians to make good use of the funds generated by HSL.

I just wanted to point out that there's a number of people on here who are apparently under the impression that 100% of their donations go directly to Neil Lennon to buy new players. Everything I have read, along with your post, confirms that is not quite the case.

I just think it's quite an important point to address. I'm not suggesting HSL is misleading anyone either by the way, just in case that starts to grow arms and legs. I think the online mission statement on the HSL website is pretty clear. It's people's failure to properly find out the facts which is the cause of any misunderstanding here.

Completely agree and as you say the benefit of the thread is that it has made it even clearer for our existing donators and potential new ones.

HSL

A Hi-Bee
08-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Jim Adie
HSL

Pretty much says it all for me as Jim says above in the quote.

OfficialHSL
08-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Thank you HSL, for all the good work being done to try and help the Hi-Bees.
It is certainly very positive that this thread has generated some discussion about HSL, perhaps more importantly it has generated more contributors to HSL and by default to the mighty Hi-Bees.
My slight dyslexia I promise to work even harder on. As for the heading “Can I/we/you afford not to!” perhaps some read things into words that they wish or want (Context) This was more of a call to all Hibs supporters not to ignore what other clubs are doing along similar paths. (Just squeezed into 5 words. Try getting a heading into 5 words) May have been better using the word “We”, but all have 20/20 vision with hindsight.
For sure there is a whole lot more that could be done with and by HSL but they all give their time voluntarily which I completely understand. All I do is contribute I have no affiliation whatsoever.
But perhaps this is a missing opportunity to get help, with such things as a monthly newsletter which shows the progress being made. As others have already said on this thread, in my humble opinion they should forget about percentages and speak about targets for each month, then show totals in cash raised for that month, even if not reached.
There are more than enough on this forum who I am sure could contribute to articles etc, for a newsletter, perhaps they could even set it up as many appear to write Blogs and such. This could be sent out once a month to all on the database. Then it could also be read on the official website.
Its all about clear communication, and I for one would want to see hard cash figures rather than what percentage of shares have been purchased (although important its boring) This could be covered in the newsletter by official HSL.
Articles from players past and present etc, you may even be able to get some advertisers which would bring in a wee bit more cash.
To get 16 to 20 people signing up with one thread shows the power that the forum has, it’s up to HSL to use it better.
Aim for 50 people a week, so what if you don’t reach it, tell us the numbers also the cash amounts raised each month, then momentum can grow, both by word of mouth and seeing results.
Anyway that’s enough from me for now.

GGTTH

A Hi-Bee

Once again thank you for your constructive comments.

A fellow supporter, close to you right now has very kindly agreed to help HSL with a regular Newsletter. It will have many of your ideas etc but we do have to be mindfull of our role here and try not to duplicate any of the Club activities. In terms of updates let us try to give you a very quick update on your inspired thread. We eventually reached 20 new donators.

The new thread with Charlies interview has attracted 13 new donators. To be honest we are hoping for many more from this given the level of pr exposure it will eventually have.

The interview can be viewed here http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11398335/proclaimers-want-hibs-fans-backing

HSL

A Hi-Bee
08-06-2018, 09:05 PM
A Hi-Bee

Once again thank you for your constructive comments.

A fellow supporter, close to you right now has very kindly agreed to help HSL with a regular Newsletter. It will have many of your ideas etc but we do have to be mindfull of our role here and try not to duplicate any of the Club activities. In terms of updates let us try to give you a very quick update on your inspired thread. We eventually reached 20 new donators.

The new thread with Charlies interview has attracted 13 new donators. To be honest we are hoping for many more from this given the level of pr exposure it will eventually have.

The interview can be viewed here http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11398335/proclaimers-want-hibs-fans-backing

HSL

All the more power to the Hi-Bees on the upward journey, once the wheels start turning they will gather momentum with just a wee reguar amount of input.
Well done to all, their is power in the collective (Hibs support) still to be tapped. I find sometimes its just best to ask.
Keep things going.

GGTTH

Austinho
08-06-2018, 10:46 PM
I know it’s a bit late, but this is a very serious suggestion - can the name be changed?

The name HSL means absolutely nothing to me. In fact, almost every time I see it, I have to google to see what it even stands for. And ‘Hibernian Supporters Limited’ isn’t exactly emotive either. Every time I see ‘HSL’ posted on here, I glance over it as I don’t associate any feeling with it or affection towards it.

Foundation of Hearts and AberDNA have a lot more of an emotive feeling to them. Fans donating to them know exactly what it is and that it’s for the good of the club. HSL sounds like you’re chucking your money at a corporation, not the football club we all love.

I’m a branding specialist btw, so happy to help with naming etc if needed. Or the marketing department at Hibs, see what they think.

To attract more donations, it has to be a call to action. It has to stir up emotion with the fans.

cabbageandribs1875
08-06-2018, 10:57 PM
HSL is just fine :agree: i remember what it stands for everytime i see it...and i've got a terrible memory :flag:

i sense a poll coming

brog
09-06-2018, 08:09 AM
I honestly don't understand the angst about where the money initially goes. If Hibs need to spend a couple of hundred pounds for new corner flags & HSL donations are used to buy those flags, then Hibs still have an extra £200 to spend on players. As others have said, we're a properly run club which produces detailed accounts on time & we even pay our creditors. I understand the emotional appeal of saying every penny goes to the player budget, but in LD & Hibs i trust &, as above, the money effectively goes there anyway.

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 09:01 AM
All the more power to the Hi-Bees on the upward journey, once the wheels start turning they will gather momentum with just a wee reguar amount of input.
Well done to all, their is power in the collective (Hibs support) still to be tapped. I find sometimes its just best to ask.
Keep things going.

GGTTH

A Hi-Bee

Unfortunately you have been knocked off your pedestal. We now have 25 new donators which we presume has been prompted by Charlies interview. We are hoping for 100 over this weekend. We cannot emphasize enough the option for a one off donation if you choose or cannot commit to joining HSL.

Help us get to the 100 new donators over this weekend. Forward messages and emails to fellow supporters. Urge them to look at Charlies interview either on Sky Sports or EEN.

HSL

Andy JR
09-06-2018, 09:22 AM

Good on you. Its all about mass. If 5000 people gave £7.72 it'd raise £463,000 per year which is a reasonable sum!

hibeedonald
09-06-2018, 09:37 AM
I know it’s a bit late, but this is a very serious suggestion - can the name be changed?

The name HSL means absolutely nothing to me. In fact, almost every time I see it, I have to google to see what it even stands for. And ‘Hibernian Supporters Limited’ isn’t exactly emotive either. Every time I see ‘HSL’ posted on here, I glance over it as I don’t associate any feeling with it or affection towards it.

Foundation of Hearts and AberDNA have a lot more of an emotive feeling to them. Fans donating to them know exactly what it is and that it’s for the good of the club. HSL sounds like you’re chucking your money at a corporation, not the football club we all love.

I’m a branding specialist btw, so happy to help with naming etc if needed. Or the marketing department at Hibs, see what they think.

To attract more donations, it has to be a call to action. It has to stir up emotion with the fans.

Good post - Agree with this

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 09:53 AM
A Hi-Bee

Unfortunately you have been knocked off your pedestal. We now have 25 new donators which we presume has been prompted by Charlies interview. We are hoping for 100 over this weekend. We cannot emphasize enough the option for a one off donation if you choose or cannot commit to joining HSL.

Help us get to the 100 new donators over this weekend. Forward messages and emails to fellow supporters. Urge them to look at Charlies interview either on Sky Sports or EEN.

HSL

Thats brilliant HSL, it dont matter how they get there just as long as they get there, buy the way you need to empty some of your PM inbox as I jst tried to send to you so once you empty some of this I will try and send again. (Ha, I have never been on a pedistal thats way to high for me, and I never presume anything?) If your PM inbox is full there could be even more contributors waiting on replies.

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 09:59 AM

This was suggested to HSL a very long time ago, as its a limited company I believe it could have any number of trading names, some may well be much better suited to raising funds for the Playing Ambitions of the manager and club, good post.
I am also speaking to them about just such a thing when they introduce a new "Newsletter"

MotherSuperior
09-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Good on you. Its all about mass. If 5000 people gave £7.72 it'd raise £463,000 per year which is a reasonable sum!

That's it. I've just bought a season ticket as well. I've not had one in 6 years due to working shifts. It really feels like we're building towards something big under Lennon and I trust the current regime to do good business in the transfer market.

HH81
09-06-2018, 10:00 AM
I have tried to increase my monthly amount but it says unknown error? Contact support.

OfficialHSL
09-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Thats brilliant HSL, it dont matter how they get there just as long as they get there, buy the way you need to empty some of your PM inbox as I jst tried to send to you so once you empty some of this I will try and send again. (Ha, I have never been on a pedistal thats way to high for me, and I never presume anything?) If your PM inbox is full there could be even more contributors waiting on replies.

Thank you for the nudge about our pm box. We are trying to clear this but we have some in there that we need to keep. It is always best to contact us by email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

The email system is checked daily but we cannot give the same commitment to the pm area. It also has capacity issues, as you have discovered.

HSL

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 10:04 AM
That's it. I've just bought a season ticket as well. I've not had one in 6 years due to working shifts. It really feels like we're building towards something big under Lennon and I trust the current regime to do good business in the transfer market.

Thats brilliant I have done the same after walking up for past 20 years or so, dont get to all the games but can always give the seat back to Hibs to sell for any games that I cannie get to.

G-Reg
09-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Finally made a donation don't know why I left it so long. Can't wait for next season GGTTH

Cat Stanton
09-06-2018, 10:20 AM
I demand you check your arithmetic...

Jesus, how much cat juice had I had last night..?

OK, £120 worth of cat food, not £520. But I still demand Kamberi and Griffiths anyway.

Baw187
09-06-2018, 10:20 AM

I think this is a good shout. Anything that can be done to promote HSL and encourage more donations can only be a good thing.

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Finally made a donation don't know why I left it so long. Can't wait for next season GGTTH

"Were on our way"

GreenCastle
09-06-2018, 10:35 AM

Agree with this.

I think a better name would attract more people to donate.

Not In The Know
09-06-2018, 10:39 AM

Absolutely the whole tone of voice needs to change. I feel sometimes HSL have bit of a chip on their shoulder and feel they aren't getting any credit for what they are doing. I understand they had a lot of unhelpful negative comments at the outset so a rebrand and reboot would not be a bad idea.

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2018, 10:41 AM
I agree with the name, its very bland and does not sound great.

How about Hibernian investment bonds scheme, not sure if its a bit long, but might be able to be shortened?

BoomtownHibees
09-06-2018, 10:53 AM

How about Hibernian investment bonds scheme, not sure if its a bit long, but might be able to be shortened?

And also shares a name with a furniture shop

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Absolutely the whole tone of voice needs to change. I feel sometimes HSL have bit of a chip on their shoulder and feel they aren't getting any credit for what they are doing. I understand they had a lot of unhelpful negative comments at the outset so a rebrand and reboot would not be a bad idea.

Now I think we could be getting somewhere with our efforts to raise funds for the football ambitions of our great club.
I believe it could be called anything under the umbrella of the limited company, extending the reach to so many more Hibs supporters everywhere. a point that I made to them a while ago which at that time fell on deaf ears.
Look at the response to this thread compared to the original HSl thread that I originally wrote in about, its like night and day.

Arch Stanton
09-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Fans Funding Scheme would be snappier as would Foundation of Hibs. :wink:

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Fans Funding Scheme would be snappier as would Foundation of Hibs. :wink:

How about 18-75 Funds short and to the point.

MSK
09-06-2018, 11:28 AM
How about 18-75 Funds short and to the point.Im not sure about 18-75 funds, sounds like one of those clarty Ibiza package holidays 😆

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Im not sure about 18-75 funds, sounds like one of those clarty Ibiza package holidays 😆

Brill I'll go for it then.

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2018, 12:12 PM
And also shares a name with a furniture shop

:agree: Yip, advertising on the telly all the time down here.

Austinho
09-06-2018, 12:49 PM
What about calling it Hands ON Hibs? A positive call to action, and a nod to another historic campaign where the fans played a major part in ensuring future long term stability and success for the club.

Or All for Goals and Glory (a name that suggests that we are all this together for the on field benefit of the club - also obviously a nod to one of our songs).

Future Green
Hibs Future Fund
Forever Green
EverGreen
(Something about the future suggests it’s for the long term benefit of the club)

Backing Hibs

Our Hibs

Baw187
09-06-2018, 12:57 PM
What about calling it Hands ON Hibs? A positive call to action, and a nod to another historic campaign where the fans played a major part in ensuring future long term stability and success for the club.

Or All for Goals and Glory (a name that suggests that we are all this together for the on field benefit of the club - also obviously a nod to one of our songs).

Future Green
Hibs Future Fund
Forever Green
EverGreen
(Some about the future suggests it’s for the long term benefit of the club)

Backing Hibs

Our Hibs

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Keith_M
09-06-2018, 01:09 PM
What about calling it Hands ON Hibs?

Didn't somebody opposed to HSL use that name quite recently?

Pagan Hibernia
09-06-2018, 01:17 PM
Hands on Hibs would be a cracking name. As would ‘EverGreen’ or ‘ForeverGreen’. Great ideas Austinho

Austinho
09-06-2018, 01:18 PM
Didn't somebody opposed to HSL use that name quite recently?Absolutely no idea. Thought I’d just invented it 10 minutes ago!

Pagan Hibernia
09-06-2018, 01:18 PM
Didn't somebody opposed to HSL use that name quite recently?

Opposed to HSL on what basis?

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 01:22 PM
A Hi-Bee

HSL

Hi HSL,
In all seriousness this post also apart from being great news with added contributions of around 40 combined in just a couple of days. Sort of highlights a glaring omission in the Market Research, which could be easily fixed with just some simple questions on the forms that you fill in to become a contributor.

Just need to ask how they heard about HSL, i.e. Internet, Hibs.net, T.V. word of mouth, etc.

GGTTH

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Hands on Hibs would be a cracking name. As would ‘EverGreen’ or ‘ForeverGreen’. Great ideas Austinho

:thumbsup:

danhibees1875
09-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Hands on Hibs would have been perfect. But as said, they're an existing group and they opposed the HSL scheme - or they did a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure what they're alternative was.

kaimendhibs
09-06-2018, 05:55 PM
No it isn't. Every penny goes to the managers budget
Maintenance of east mains will be covered within the clubs budget as it need to happen no matter what.
This is extra money that the club spends on nice things like better players or psychologists to keep their heads right apparently.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Austinho
09-06-2018, 10:28 PM
Cabbage & Hib$
Dime for Heroes

1875godsgift
09-06-2018, 11:43 PM
Cabbage & Hib$
Dime for Heroes

Pretty Green

Knickers for Kickers

Empty yir Pockets fir Neil Lennon's* Rockets

​*insert name of current manager here

ColintonHibs
10-06-2018, 04:56 AM
I thought sir Tom was a billionaire. I was gonna say why can’t he invest some in the club. £1B at 10% per year is £100m per year. I thought he can at least put £5m into the team every year when compounding at 10%.

A quick look on wikipedia and his net worth is only £130m. Where’s Tom’s money gone? Or does Wikipedia not count his business assets?

Pedantic_Hibee
10-06-2018, 05:45 AM
The Bring Leigh Griffiths Home Fund.

HappyHibby93
10-06-2018, 06:04 AM
Getting this thread back on subject!..

It will be interesting to see if HSL reach their target of 100 sign ups by the end of today. This is a real unique opportunity for us to get behind our manager. Backing Neil Lennon is a given for me. I just love his drive and passion to succeed with us, to take us to a new level like never before.

Hopefully they'll smash it. GGTTH

Forza Fred
10-06-2018, 06:11 AM

Lot of sense talked in this post.

Not a criticism of HSL, but my memory is of a confused time around the launch of the scheme, and the message not really hitting the target.

I’m not a member as I don’t have an income coming in now, but I am someone who daily keeps an eye on what is going on in regards to the club.

If I was confused when HSL......and I agree that the name added to the confusion...was launched, then I would suggest a ‘relaunch under a new name may well hit the target area with more force and accuracy.

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2018, 08:34 AM
I thought sir Tom was a billionaire. I was gonna say why can’t he invest some in the club. £1B at 10% per year is £100m per year. I thought he can at least put £5m into the team every year when compounding at 10%.

A quick look on wikipedia and his net worth is only £130m. Where’s Tom’s money gone? Or does Wikipedia not count his business assets?

You don’t think he’s already put enough in?

A Hi-Bee
10-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Lets hope that HSL can reach the target set of 100 new sign ups from the Sky T.V. piece, when added to the 20+ signed up from a headline thread on .NET this would represent a tremendous increase in numbers over just 5 days.

Just think if 25 new sign ups were gained each week for the next year the increase in finance would be just over half of that being brought in just now. Do the same the following year and the finance has doubled.

We are in a competition with the Jambos and the Sheep whether we like it or not. Are we going to allow them to gain a financial advantage over the Hi-Bees.
We the great Hibs Support are the only ones who can change this situation, it can only be changed by any Hibs supporter who can afford it, joining up to give whatever they can afford to the cause.

Every little bit will help the manager, the club and our own football ambitions as Hibernian Supporters in the short to longer term.

The future can be green, it’s up to us.

tamig
10-06-2018, 11:07 AM

STF has done plenty. Lets just get a few thousand more ordinary Hibbies chipping in £7.73 a month or whatever they can afford and that will go a long way to helping us move onwards and upwards.

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2018, 11:13 AM

A quick look on wikipedia and his net worth is only £130m. Where’s Tom’s money gone? Or does Wikipedia not count his business assets?So we have to find another 500k a year, with no guarantee of concomitant income?

I'd prefer the incremental and sustainable growth that we're experiencing at the moment.

madhatter
10-06-2018, 11:24 AM
One thing I think some people are missing, especially those that said "if every club has fans that donate then it will nullify what we do", is that we also compete in European competitions (at least have a chance to). If we are able to fund a better squad and develop over time, the club itself will generate more income for the playing squad etc. by itself via European success. Also, we should want Scotland to raise its coefficient so all teams strengthening is great for the league and the nation. We just need to make sure that we are at the top end rather than the bottom when it comes to donations and proper running of the club! Think we can be fairly certain of appropriate running of the club, we are seeing positive moves in terms of donations but can push on more.

If we managed to get to the group stages of Europa League then that would be more than £3million in the bank for the club to spend, some of which I'd assume would go back on the playing squad! It will be very tough this year but you never know. When I consider my donation, I'm thinking more about getting Hibs to a stage where we can stay in Europe more than 1 week! My focus is less on the league (apart from securing European place every year).

Pagan Hibernia
10-06-2018, 11:35 AM
STF has done plenty. Lets just get a few thousand more ordinary Hibbies chipping in £7.73 a month or whatever they can afford and that will go a long way to helping us move onwards and upwards.

This.

I think what these recent threads and recent surge in people joining up show is that there are many, many Hibbies out there who aren’t opposed to HSL in principle, and who probably can afford a few pound a week (£7.73 a month is less than £1.80 a week) but who for whatever reason haven’t yet got round to it or who aren’t aware enough about it. And that’s perfectly ok. I only started chipping in myself in February this year, more than 3 years after the launch.

of course there are others who genuinely can’t afford it, and as has been made clear a million times that’s also fine.

Those who who are against the principle of HSL though, I would like to hear more about their reasoning. Not to try and start an argument or anything like that, everyone is entitled to their opinion on it, I’m just genuinely interested. Is it because they think the money isn’t going to go to the right places? Is it because they are worried about fans having too much control and/or blocking other investment coming in?

A Hi-Bee
10-06-2018, 11:58 AM
One thing I think some people are missing, especially those that said "if every club has fans that donate then it will nullify what we do", is that we also compete in European competitions (at least have a chance to). If we are able to fund a better squad and develop over time, the club itself will generate more income for the playing squad etc. by itself via European success. Also, we should want Scotland to raise its coefficient so all teams strengthening is great for the league and the nation. We just need to make sure that we are at the top end rather than the bottom when it comes to donations and proper running of the club! Think we can be fairly certain of appropriate running of the club, we are seeing positive moves in terms of donations but can push on more.

If we managed to get to the group stages of Europa League then that would be more than £3million in the bank for the club to spend, some of which I'd assume would go back on the playing squad! It will be very tough this year but you never know. When I consider my donation, I'm thinking more about getting Hibs to a stage where we can stay in Europe more than 1 week! My focus is less on the league (apart from securing European place every year).

Spot on Madhatter, its up to us as Hibs Supporters to allow the club to compete with the likes of the jambos and the sheep.

The future can be green, it’s up to us.

OfficialHSL
10-06-2018, 05:59 PM
This.

I think what these recent threads and recent surge in people joining up show is that there are many, many Hibbies out there who aren’t opposed to HSL in principle, and who probably can afford a few pound a week (£7.73 a month is less than £1.80 a week) but who for whatever reason haven’t yet got round to it or who aren’t aware enough about it. And that’s perfectly ok. I only started chipping in myself in February this year, more than 3 years after the launch.

of course there are others who genuinely can’t afford it, and as has been made clear a million times that’s also fine.

Those who who are against the principle of HSL though, I would like to hear more about their reasoning. Not to try and start an argument or anything like that, everyone is entitled to their opinion on it, I’m just genuinely interested. Is it because they think the money isn’t going to go to the right places? Is it because they are worried about fans having too much control and/or blocking other investment coming in?

Easter Rising

You make a very good point and we too are interested in trying to understand why more supporters are not stepping towards HSL. As you say, we appreciate that many supporters are quite simply not in a financial position to do so for various reasons, and that's quite understandable. For others we are keen to shed light on the areas that perhaps need to be explained further.

Update on this weekends target of 100 - so far 69. Keep spreading the word.

HSL

Bob Box Fish
10-06-2018, 06:19 PM
Easter Rising

You make a very good point and we too are interested in trying to understand why more supporters are not stepping towards HSL. As you say, we appreciate that many supporters are quite simply not in a financial position to do so for various reasons, and that's quite understandable. For others we are keen to shed light on the areas that perhaps need to be explained further.

Update on this weekends target of 100 - so far 69. Keep spreading the word.

HSL

Hi apologies if I have missed it but I asked earlier on regarding the funds going towards the managers budget. Can you clarify even roughly how much of the funds go directly to transfer fees / player wages please. Say £100k was given in the last 12 months there must be some idea of how this has been deployed?

I am keen to sign up.

Makalambay
10-06-2018, 06:22 PM
Signed up for a monthly contribution.

Lots of great debate on here but ultimately a collective effort will help drive us forward at one of the most exciting times to be a Hibee in a generation. Feels good to play a part in it.