View Full Version : Champions and Europa league payments 2018/19

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Worth a wee read, Europa league details towards the bottom of the article
€240,000 - 1st qualifying round
€260,000 - 2nd qualifying round
€280,000 - 3rd qualifying round
€300,000 - Play off round

A wee bit up on last year, but the riches come for Hibs if we reach the group stages
Guaranteed €2.92M, then €570,000 for a win and €190,000 for a draw

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/stakeholders/clubs/news/newsid=2562024.html

RoxburghHibs
06-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Worth a wee read, Europa league details towards the bottom of the article
€240,000 - 1st qualifying round
€260,000 - 2nd qualifying round
€280,000 - 3rd qualifying round
€300,000 - Play off round

A wee bit up on last year, but the riches come for Hibs if we reach the group stages
Guaranteed €2.92M, then €570,000 for a win and €190,000 for a draw

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/stakeholders/clubs/news/newsid=2562024.html

So does than mean we get €260k for going into the 2nd Q Round and if we win this we only get an additional €20k or is the €280 an additional payment? So €540k in total?

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 08:15 AM
So does than mean we get €260k for going into the 2nd Q Round and if we win this we only get an additional €20k or is the €280 an additional payment? So €540k in total?

540 in total.

The regs say "Each club participating in the qualifying rounds will receive the following amounts per round played:"

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 08:16 AM

If we win out 1st match and get to the 2nd qualifying round we’d get 2 payments= €500,000

Would be great to get a favourable draw in our 1st game

patlowe
06-06-2018, 08:16 AM
540 in total.

The regs say

So surely all that stuff about Scottish teams losing money by playing in these qualifying ties is a nonsense?

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 08:17 AM
540 in total.

The regs say "Each club participating in the qualifying rounds will receive the following amounts per round played:"

€500,000 in total. Thought you were the Hibs.net accountant😎

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 08:18 AM
The money doesn’t accumulate. Those figures are totals based on when you exit the tournament.
Group stages are where it gets interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 08:20 AM
The money doesn’t accumulate. Those figures are totals based on when you exit the tournament.
Group stages are where it gets interesting.

Ignore that. Just read the regs.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 08:21 AM
€500,000 in total. Thought you were the Hibs.net accountant😎

I thought we were already in the second qualifying round :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 08:24 AM
I thought we were already in the second qualifying round :rolleyes:

No, there’s a preliminary round, they get €230,000, then Hibs and Rangers go in at 1st Qualifying round, Aberdeen go in at the 2nd

worcesterhibby
06-06-2018, 08:26 AM
I still find it hard to understand how Rangers think their finances would transformed by Europa League qualification..even if you get to the group stage and do ok (2 wins and a draw out of the six matches you play) then in total you will get about £5 million...I thought they were losing about £12 million a year ??

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 08:28 AM
I still find it hard to understand how Rangers think their finances would transformed by Europa League qualification..even if you get to the group stage and do ok (2 wins and a draw out of the six matches you play) then in total you will get about £5 million...I thought they were losing about £12 million a year ??

TV money for 6 matches, plus gate money for 3, will help.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 08:30 AM
No, there’s a preliminary round, they get €230,000, then Hibs and Rangers go in at 1st Qualifying round, Aberdeen go in at the 2nd

Ta.

So, if we get through a round, and we and Aberdeen go out in the next round, we make more money than they do?

There's an unfairness in there, but I'll take it. :wink:

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 08:31 AM

Think the tv money is part of the prize money? Uefa keep strict control of that stuff now.

Big_Franck
06-06-2018, 08:35 AM
So if we get past the first qualifying round we'll earn half a million. Add in home gate receipts and potential TV money depending on the QR2 draw and that's not to be sniffed at.

Key to us making a wee bit money will be getting a draw close to home so that the travel and accommodation costs are low. If we get a Welsh/Irish team it'll not cost us much but if we get drawn against an Estonian side and then someone like Gabala from Azerbaijan in QR2 then we might not make much at all.

Since90+2
06-06-2018, 08:39 AM

They would make a fair amount of money from gate receipts. 3 sellouts would bring in something in the region of £4 million, obviously minus tax and security costs ect.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 08:39 AM
Think the tv money is part of the prize money? Uefa keep strict control of that stuff now.

Didn't we get money from Brondby's TV coverage?

Or was that because it wasn't part of the EL proper?

Billy Whizz
06-06-2018, 08:40 AM
Ta.

So, if we get through a round, and we and Aberdeen go out in the next round, we make more money than they do?

Depends on who you get of course. St Johnstone claimed they made a loss a couple of times. Got trips to the furthest part of Russia, got a low home gate, and ended up out of pocket

Iain G
06-06-2018, 08:48 AM
So this will allow Celtic to pull further away should they progress in the Champions League and puts a big hole in the Sevco plans to use Europa League money to close the gap on them? Or is that Europa league cash just to keep the lights on?

Big_Franck
06-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Depends on who you get of course. St Johnstone claimed they made a loss a couple of times. Got trips to the furthest part of Russia, got a low home gate, and ended up out of pocket

We'll surely get more than 3,000 at our home games though :greengrin A decent draw in round 2 and we might even get a sellout at home for that game. That's presuming we get past round one of course. Can't wait for the draw :hyper

hibbyfraelibby
06-06-2018, 09:15 AM

You dont get TV money...thats what basically fund the whole package.

JeMeSouviens
06-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Ta.

I thought the money *didn't* accumulate for that reason and I'm sure in the past I've seen it worded in a way that would suggest that. Although, it certainly sounds like it accumulates in that article. Seems totally wrong that a club could come through PR & QRs 1-3 and accumulate way more than a club that qualified for the play off round directly? :confused:

Then again, it is UEFA.

Not In The Know
06-06-2018, 10:07 AM
They would make a fair amount of money from gate receipts. 3 sellouts would bring in something in the region of £4 million, obviously minus tax and security costs ect.

:greengrin:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2018, 10:16 AM
You dont get TV money...thats what basically fund the whole package.

See above :greengrin

Allant1981
06-06-2018, 03:37 PM

just cant see how its possible to lose money when they would have got approx £200k, granted it would cost a fair bit to go to russia but not as much as £200k surely

Ozyhibby
06-06-2018, 03:42 PM
So getting to the group stage is a guaranteed £4m for us. No wonder it’s a key part of Leeane’s and George Craig’s plan going forward.

hibeg
21-07-2018, 11:36 AM
just bumping this up to prove to a mate that Hibs get paid the stated money per qualifying round, ie we will get 500k even if we lose the next round.

Who is the dafty now :na na:

Billy Whizz
21-07-2018, 11:37 AM
just bumping this up to prove to a mate that Hibs get paid the stated money per qualifying round, ie we will get 500k even if we lose the next round.

Who is the dafty now :na na:

Euros not Sterling dafty😜

hibeg
21-07-2018, 11:42 AM

aye I know that. :greengrin:greengrin

Just wanted to get one over my buddy who thinks he is always right :thumbsup:

jgl07
21-07-2018, 11:46 AM
So getting to the group stage is a guaranteed £4m for us. No wonder it’s a key part of Leeane’s and George Craig’s plan...

I doubt whether anyone at Hibs sees getting to the Europa League Group Stage as central to future plans. The probability is never going to be high with the likes of Sevilla as potential opponents in the Third Qualifying Round should Hibs get past a decent Greek team in the Second Qualifying Round. Then there is the prospect of the Play-off Round to come. All that with a team barely out of pre-season training with potential transfers still to be dealt with.

Great if it could happen but not likely.

jonny
21-07-2018, 11:48 AM
I doubt whether anyone at Hibs sees getting to the Europa League Group Stage as central to future plans. The probability is never going to be high with the likes of Sevilla as potential opponents in the Third Qualifying Round should Hibs get past a decent Greek team in the Second Qualifying Round. Then there is the prospect of the Play-off Round to come. All that with a team barely out of pre-season training with potential transfers still to be dealt with.

Great if it could happen but not likely.

No doubting it's a tall order but with Lennon at the helm and his experience and know how in Europe I still think it's a real possibility. We do need a favourable draw though.

SJNB Hibby
21-07-2018, 11:50 AM
No doubting it's a tall order but with Lennon at the helm and his experience and know how in Europe I still think it's a real possibility. We do need a favourable draw though.

Remember, if we get past the Greeks we'll have played 4 Euro matches and our first League game prior to the 3rd round. I would hope 5 competitive matches has us close to peak fitness. Some teams coming into Round 3 wont have played any competitive matches at all

Iggy Pope
21-07-2018, 12:54 PM
As an aside, the club had 60 seats of their own on that flight to the Faroes.
They'll have the same number in Greece. I think they'll be knocking a wee hole in the €500,000 so we shouldn't plan on spending it on here too quick....:greengrin

Ringothedog
21-07-2018, 01:15 PM
As an aside, the club had 60 seats of their own on that flight to the Faroes.
They'll have the same number in Greece. I think they'll be knocking a wee hole in the €500,000 so we shouldn't plan on spending it on here too quick....:greengrin

Yeh but they had over 70 of us paying £550 each which reduces the clubs costs, in effect we reduced the clubs costs by over £37500. The same will happen with Greece.

Onceinawhile
21-07-2018, 01:19 PM

Same thing these days!

Iggy Pope
21-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Yeh but they had over 70 of us paying £550 each which reduces the clubs costs, in effect we reduced the clubs costs by over £37500. The same will happen with Greece.

Not sure about that figure Ringo. All 70 (72 I think) of our payments couldn't have gone to the club in full. Don't know what they paid the airline or the agent, but you're making it sound like a real bargain. £14 a head by my sums.......

Ringothedog
21-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Not sure about that figure Ringo. All 70 (72 I think) of our payments couldn't have gone to the club in full. Don't know what they paid the airline or the agent, but you're making it sound like a real bargain. £14 a head by my sums.......

Wasn’t meaning it that way. If the whole trip cost Hibs £100k then we have saved them £37500 .