PDA

View Full Version : John Ritchie

hibees 7062
02-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Sad to hear John has passed away

givescotlandfreedom
02-06-2018, 08:23 PM
Indeed RIP. I met him as a school kid when he came to Buckstone Primary and took us for training with Graeme Love. Very nice guy and organised a trip for us to ER.

The Harp
02-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Can remember John being a coach at ER in the 90s. Haven't much recollection of him sadly, but always sorry to hear of the passing of someone who played a part in the rich history of Hibernian.
Condolences to John's family and friends.

RIP

theonlywayisup
02-06-2018, 08:28 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ritchie_(footballer,_born_1947)

Onceinawhile
02-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Took lots of summer football coaching weeks in linlithgow when I was growing up. Was always great👍

David_D
02-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Remember him coming to my primary school. Was very friendly and talked to anyone that wanted to chat. Rip.

GJ1875
03-06-2018, 12:12 AM
Involved with Dunedin boys club along with gavin RIP

edinburghhibee
03-06-2018, 02:01 AM
Was honestly gutted to hear this today. The man was a legend! Took the summer hibs training club at the jack Kane every year when I was growing up and I more genuine man you’ll struggle to meet.

Rest in peace big fella, thanks for the memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
03-06-2018, 06:03 AM
Sad news. His summer coaching classes were always very good and he was a nice guy. He was an excellent goalkeeping coach into the bargain.

RIP.

JimboHibs
03-06-2018, 06:10 AM
Was honestly gutted to hear this today. The man was a legend! Took the summer hibs training club at the jack Kane every year when I was growing up and I more genuine man you’ll struggle to meet.

Nice words.RIP John

.Louise.
03-06-2018, 07:20 AM

I was the same. Used to go to the Jack Kane Centre or where Hibs used to train years ago (can’t remember name of place) for the training camps every Summer and Easter. John was such a good guy and a great laugh.

RIP John

nickwhibs
03-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Very sad to hear this. Was a big part in my early years of football. Firstly with 'Goalgetters' then with Dunedin Boys Club. Used to give out tickets for Hibs games too. Remember him as a really nice guy and good coach.

BILLYHIBS
03-06-2018, 10:54 AM
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/angus-means/664308/tributes-flood-in-for-popular-figure-john-ritchie-after-former-brechin-F.C.-boss-dies-aged-70

Sad news indeed

GIBBY NEWTON
03-06-2018, 12:30 PM
Sad to hear John has passed away

John was a true gentleman & a great coach did my youth badges with SYFA under him,made & explained what all good players/coaches needed to know !!! He also did goalkeeping courses which I took my son along to about 20 years ago great guy & great sense of humour. Above all his love for football shone through rest in peace John your a legend in so many lives!!!!!

BSEJVT
03-06-2018, 02:56 PM
John was a true gentleman & a great coach did my youth badges with SYFA under him,made & explained what all good players/coaches needed to know !!! He also did goalkeeping courses which I took my son along to about 20 years ago great guy & great sense of humour. Above all his love for football shone through rest in peace John your a legend in so many lives!!!!!

Good to hear so many good comments re John

Truly nice man, great with coaching kids

RIP John

SoL
03-06-2018, 03:29 PM
This is sad news.

He ran a goalkeepers course at woodmill high school. on the 1st day My lad turned up in his hibs goalkeepers top and some other lad turned up in a rangers top. he chucked a tracksuit top at the lad with the rangers top on and said

' put this on coz you're no wearing that to my class'

pointed at my boy and said

' you're fine though'

RIP John