PDA

View Full Version : Famous 5 stand

Father Ted
01-06-2018, 06:29 AM
Is anyone up to speed with what’s happened in the Famous 5 stand. We were told it was going to be some kind of NHS type drop in facility that would provide great income. Did this happen?

Criswell
01-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Is anyone up to speed with what’s happened in the Famous 5 stand. We were told it was going to be some kind of NHS type drop in facility that would provide great income. Did this happen?

Judging by the response to your very pertinent question it appears no-one has a clue. The whole thing is a bit of a mystery.

Greenworld
02-06-2018, 07:03 AM
It has indeed gone very quite I know there were also various other plans drawn up including hotel accomodation but your right it seems to have died a death.
Maybe a direct question to LD might help

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
02-06-2018, 09:46 AM
I heard they're going to let it out on Air BnB.

CropleyWasGod
02-06-2018, 11:21 AM
I heard they're going to let it out on Air BnB.Nah.

It's going to be a safe-injecting zone for heroin users. Much more in keeping with our traditional values.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Nah.

It's going to be a safe-injecting zone for heroin users. Much more in keeping with our traditional values.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Its been ages since Hibs announced the deal with the NHS and nothing has happened, I wonder if its fallen through. Personally I think it would make a great supporters bar.

Real Emerald
02-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Its been ages since Hibs announced the deal with the NHS and nothing has happened, I wonder if its fallen through. Personally I think it would make a great supporters bar.

It was officially launched on 16 March 2016 at an event in the Scottish Parliament. Not really heard a peep since. That’s now over 2 years ago.

Since90+2
02-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Hopefully one of the fans reps can answer this.

Real Emerald
02-06-2018, 04:00 PM

It was officially launched on 16 March 2016 at an event in the Scottish Parliament. Not really heard a peep since. That’s now over 2 years ago.

O'Rourke3
02-06-2018, 04:42 PM

I'd heard that quite recently :greengrin

Father Ted
02-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Thanks to those who have replied, but this was supposed to be a significant revenue stream and the reason for my question. If anyone can shed anymore light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Aim Here
02-06-2018, 07:32 PM

Because of my work, I do know that there are ongoing Hibs/NHS discussions and dealings, but I'm not privy to exactly what they are.

BoomtownHibees
02-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Hopefully one of the fans reps can answer this.

The reps?? Who are they and what do they do?

Billy Whizz
02-06-2018, 07:49 PM
The reps?? Who are they and what do they do?

Wee bit unfair. I see and speak to them at all the hames

BoomtownHibees
02-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Wee bit unfair. I see and speak to them at all the hames

When were any of them last on here like what was promised when looking for votes??

Anyway, not looking for an argument, just my opinion that they should be more visual on here as well as other social media sites

Glory Lurker
02-06-2018, 08:27 PM

During business hours that day? We still had to play the replay against ICT when it was announced, then. That wasn’t just two years ago, it was an era ago.

There should be no need for emails to LD. The club know what gets talked about on here, and this deserves a public explanation.

Lago
02-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Nah.

Naughty, but funny.:agree:

crash
02-06-2018, 08:59 PM
When were any of them last on here like what was promised when looking for votes??

Anyway, not looking for an argument, just my opinion that they should be more visual on here as well as other social media sites

100% This. Anonymous, absolute Bull****ters

CropleyWasGod
02-06-2018, 09:19 PM

Anyway, not looking for an argument, just my opinion that they should be more visual on here as well as other social media sitesNot sure what you mean by that. They both have accounts on here.

SMAXXA
02-06-2018, 09:33 PM
It’s the NHS we are still on the waiting list

BoomtownHibees
02-06-2018, 09:45 PM
Not sure what you mean by that. They both have accounts on here.

It’s not difficult to see what I mean.

It’s one thing having an account, it’s another being active

CropleyWasGod
02-06-2018, 09:50 PM
It’s not difficult to see what I mean.

It’s one thing having an account, it’s another being activeWhat would you like them to do, though? In the past, one or other has been on to respond to specific issues. Other than that, I'm not sure what, in particular, they could do.
Do you mean something like a regular surgery?

Golden Bear
02-06-2018, 10:03 PM
All I know is that a convenient and convivial pre match watering hole is no longer available (for adults on the top floor) thus a good revenue stream to the Club is no longer available. Makes sense? Nah not really.

BoomtownHibees
02-06-2018, 10:14 PM
What would you like them to do, though? In the past, one or other has been on to respond to specific issues. Other than that, I'm not sure what, in particular, they could do.
Do you mean something like a regular surgery?

Even just an update on what they have been doing, what they have been involved in etc would be good.

There have been a number of posts on here that have mentioned along the lines of “maybe the reps could help here” and they are nowhere to be seen.

Glory Lurker
02-06-2018, 10:14 PM
All I know is that a convenient and convivial pre match watering hole is no longer available (for adults on the top floor) thus a good revenue stream to the Club is no longer available. Makes sense? Nah not really.

:agree: And the end of access to the lift/relocation of folk. I’ll be honest, i’d forgotten about the whole thing until this thread. I just assumed it had happened. If it hasn’t, why not? Is it still on? When? We deserve an update from our reps on this (like now, if you are looking in :greengrin). The alternative is that we speculate on the turnover figure when the next accounts come out. That really won’t be good enough. Communication is a big thing now, yes?

silverhibee
02-06-2018, 10:53 PM

Has anyone been up on the top floor of late of the FF ?

barcahibs
02-06-2018, 11:11 PM
I've worked on joint projects with the NHS in the past. Progress, even when you think everything's been agreee, can be glacial at times.

Jack
03-06-2018, 05:37 AM
To be fair on the reps it would be a full time job trawling through every thread and post on here to see if they had been mentioned.

When someone wants a response from a rep maybe they should PM, or contact them in some another way, to make sure they are aware.

The Bounce has a system where a member can be tagged in a post at that member gets an email informing them of the post and it's contents. They normally reply.

I'm not defending the absence of reps from the forums, I personally think they should be much more visible, but we need to be more realistic regarding mentions.

Real Emerald
03-06-2018, 10:59 AM
During business hours that day? We still had to play the replay against ICT when it was announced, then. That wasn’t just two years ago, it was an era ago.

There should be no need for emails to LD. The club know what gets talked about on here, and this deserves a public explanation.

It was while we were playing Inverness 👍

hibbyfraelibby
03-06-2018, 11:00 AM

BTG was not the money spinner some seem to think. Barely washed its face.

Real Emerald
03-06-2018, 11:03 AM

It was still a good facility for 800 fans on match day. The toilets don’t make money either but they are a necessary facility. 😂

03-06-2018, 09:29 PM

I'd stopped going because the club had run the facility into the ground.
Extremely poor service and second rate food/drink offering so no surprise it was barely washing its face.

Would say that even if it was just washing its face then it properly run it should be a good facility for positive interaction with supporters.

On the field we've made great strides forward but off it we're not coming up to the mark. In some areas the quality of service and offering I feel has gone backwards.

jacomo
04-06-2018, 06:38 AM

If true, this is ridiculous.

Running a bar at a football ground should be a licence to print money. Same as the food kiosks. How do we get our F&B offer so wrong?

Golden Bear
04-06-2018, 06:54 AM
It was still a good facility for 800 fans on match day. The toilets don’t make money either but they are a necessary facility. 😂

:agree:

However I suspect that "the regulars" will by now have found alternative watering holes for the pre match pint. In my opinion BTG was not nearly as bad as some made out and its demise was very sad to see.

BoomtownHibees
04-06-2018, 07:08 AM
If true, this is ridiculous.

Running a bar at a football ground should be a licence to print money. Same as the food kiosks. How do we get our F&B offer so wrong?

From a chat I had with Leanne it sounded as if it was in that bad a state of repair, added to the fact it was only used around 20 weeks of the year, meant that there was little or no profit to be made from BTG.

Chic Murray
04-06-2018, 07:36 AM
The fans reps are the equivalent of the over promoted shop steward of the 70s. In fairness, it must be hard to represent a group that has no mechanism for setting priorities. I'd be embarrassed to be one.

YanYansen
04-06-2018, 08:09 AM
I'd stopped going because the club had run the facility into the ground.
Extremely poor service and second rate food/drink offering so no surprise it was barely washing its face.

Would say that even if it was just washing its face then it properly run it should be a good facility for positive interaction with supporters.

On the field we've made great strides forward but off it we're not coming up to the mark. In some areas the quality of service and offering I feel has gone backwards.

We used to go regular. Went for the Huns game at the end of the season when it was opened again, just for old times sake. It was indeed woeful. Staff incompetent, bordering on rude (especially the clown with his hair in a topknot thing), and queues an absolute joke (25-30mins to be served).

Needs someone who gives a ****, and has a bit of hospitality experience, imo, and with a little vision could be made to pay (and not just on match days).

:agree:

However I suspect that "the regulars" will by now have found alternative watering holes for the pre match pint. In my opinion BTG was not nearly as bad as some made out and its demise was very sad to see.

Yup, we go to the Hoppy now. One of the few bars close enough that allows kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baw187
04-06-2018, 08:20 AM

Hoppy was our pre match place for years until we had kids but we still go before the big matches when we don’t have the kids. Only recently realised we could take them so think we’re going to start going again.

Real Emerald
04-06-2018, 08:30 AM
We used to go regular. Went for the Huns game at the end of the season when it was opened again, just for old times sake. It was indeed woeful. Staff incompetent, bordering on rude (especially the clown with his hair in a topknot thing), and queues an absolute joke (25-30mins to be served).

Needs someone who gives a ****, and has a bit of hospitality experience, imo, and with a little vision could be made to pay (and not just on match days).

Totally agree, I like BTG for its convenience and the links with the club. The place was run woefully though. We always reckoned that they could sell a third more stuff if the queues weren’t as long. I now pay £20 a year for Edinburgh City membership in the old Loch Inn as it’s just about as convenient. There is less folk there than in BTG but they have at least 7 people who know what they’re doing working on the bar serving great pints at a cheap price. I know they are open all week but if Edinburgh City can do it surely a club the size of Hibs should be able to run an efficient good quality supporters bar with a bit of thought and planning.