PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: POTENTIAL EUROPA LEAGUE FIRST QUALIFYING ROUND OPPONENTS

RSS Bot
31-05-2018, 09:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8751)

seanshow
31-05-2018, 09:09 AM
Georgia: Chikhura Sachkhere

Great name for a team :greengrin

Northernhibee
31-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Bet we get Linfield :hyper

Moulin Yarns
31-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Georgia: Chikhura Sachkhere

Great name for a team :greengrin

Is she not a singer from columbia?

Bad Habits
31-05-2018, 10:00 AM
I went to the Faroe Islands last August and took in a football game up at Klaksvik, absolutely stunning part of the world. The fans are decent too, drums, flares the whole lot! would be quality to do it again.

H18 SFR
31-05-2018, 10:02 AM

Imagine, on the 12th of July as well!

BlackSheep
31-05-2018, 10:06 AM
I went to the Faroe Islands last August and took in a football game up at Klaksvik, absolutely stunning part of the world. The fans are decent too, drums, flares the whole lot! would be quality to do it again.

Where did u fly from and were the flights reasonable in price?

Billy Whizz
31-05-2018, 10:06 AM
I’m presuming this list of teams Hibs have listed, hasn’t been “Regionlaised” yet?

Big_Franck
31-05-2018, 10:29 AM
I’m presuming this list of teams Hibs have listed, hasn’t been “Regionlaised” yet?

Doesn't look like it. The likes of the Armenian and Albanian sides wouldn't be in our side of the regionalised pots.

SonOfDavidFrancey
31-05-2018, 10:40 AM
How are the mighty fallen. Újpest Dosza in the same list as’third in Gibraltar premier division’

Bad Habits
31-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Where did u fly from and were the flights reasonable in price?

Flew from Edinburgh, about £400 return and it only took about an hour and a half. think they only fly out on Sundays and Wednesdays though.

calumhibee1
31-05-2018, 10:58 AM
No the most exciting of lists. Hopefully a team from Malta or Gibraltar, get a bit of sun and probably (hopefully!) a win.

Billy Whizz
31-05-2018, 11:01 AM
Flew from Edinburgh, about £400 return and it only took about an hour and a half. think they only fly out on Sundays and Wednesdays though.

Fly on a Thursday and a Monday direct, would be tight for the game if it was on the Thursday night

Ringothedog
31-05-2018, 11:31 AM
No the most exciting of lists. Hopefully a team from Malta or Gibraltar, get a bit of sun and probably (hopefully!) a win.

Its a fantastic list because it means we are in Europe and are seeded :wink:

I would love somewhere easily accessible and a team we have a chance of beating and if we get through somewhere even more accessible with a chance of beating them as well.

Jamesie
31-05-2018, 11:59 AM
It's helpful that no Kazakh teams are involved at this stage as that would undoubtedly be the most arduous journey of all. As matters stand I reckon Kapan in Armenia will be the toughest trip, at least geographically - it's only a couple of hours away from the Iranian border!

Kapan airport - largely decommissioned following the 1992 Armenia-Azerbaijan war - has only recently been reconstructed and is due to open in June - whether in time for this fixture or not remains to be seen.

The reopening of the airport will allow for a 40 minute flight from the capital, Yerevan, to Kapan as opposed to the alternative - a near six hour drive. I visited in Yerevan in 2007, taking a car and driver from Tbilisi in Georgia, and the roads were far from ideal and probably haven't been improved much in the interim.

31-05-2018, 12:05 PM

I'll take that bet and give you odds of 1000/1.

calumhibee1
31-05-2018, 12:08 PM
It's helpful that no Kazakh teams are involved at this stage as that would undoubtedly be the most arduous journey of all. As matters stand I reckon Kapan in Armenia will be the toughest trip, at least geographically - it's only a couple of hours away from the Iranian border!

Kapan airport - largely decommissioned following the 1992 Armenia-Azerbaijan war - has only recently been reconstructed and is due to open in June - whether in time for this fixture or not remains to be seen.

The reopening of the airport will allow for a 40 minute flight from the capital, Yerevan, to Kapan as opposed to the alternative - a near six hour drive. I visited in Yerevan in 2007, taking a car and driver from Tbilisi in Georgia, and the roads were far from ideal and probably haven't been improved much in the interim.

Apparently the draw will be regionalised now and we won’t be able to get these teams in this round.

number9dream
31-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Quite a few of those leagues run over the summer, which could make things tricky. Get Progres and show Rangers how it's done...

Four rounds to reach the group stage is a massive task. Has any team ever done it?

calumhibee1
31-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Quite a few of those leagues run over the summer, which could make things tricky. Get Progres and show Rangers how it's done...

Four rounds to reach the group stage is a massive task. Has any team ever done it?

Yes but not from Scotland. I believe a couple of Irish teams have done it.

number9dream
31-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Yes but not from Scotland. I believe a couple of Irish teams have done it.

Shamrock Rovers reached the group stage in 2011 but did it after going into a play-off after losing in Champions League qualifying.

Dundalk in 2016 - but again from a CL route.

calumhibee1
31-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Shamrock Rovers reached the group stage in 2011 but did it after going into a play-off after losing in Champions League qualifying.

Dundalk in 2016 - but again from a CL route.

Ah ok. Maybe they had won a lot of games in the CL before they finally lost, I definitely read somewhere that they’d qualified for the groups by playing loads of games.

number9dream
31-05-2018, 01:19 PM
Ah ok. Maybe they had won a lot of games in the CL before they finally lost, I definitely read somewhere that they’d qualified for the groups by playing loads of games.

Brilliant achievement either way for both Irish teams (and probably down to a summer season).

So, has any team ever gone from 1st round to group stage - or will it be another Hibs' first? Ahem...

Jamesie
31-05-2018, 01:36 PM

Just checked back on Aberdeen's involvement in 2007/2008 when they reached the group stage - at that time they only had to negotiate one qualifying round (beating Dnipro on away goals). How our coefficient has fallen in the last decade!

Jamesie
31-05-2018, 01:50 PM
So, has any team ever gone from 1st round to group stage - or will it be another Hibs' first? Ahem...

Your question made me take a quick look at this - from 2017/18 I know that at the very least Skënderbeu Korçë (Albania); Red Star Belgrade (Serbia); and Široki Brijeg (Bosnia) went from the Q1 Round to Group Stage. My immediate assumption was that they benefited from summer football in doing so - however I understand that at least Albania and Serbia operate in the same we do in Scotland!

MacBean
31-05-2018, 01:58 PM
From recollecton, I don't think the draws get regionalised (Hertz got an Estonian team). The teams are however put into smaller pots, so you can only get one of 6/7 teams but the pots aren't regional.

Am I also right in thinking that the first team drawn out are at home second?

MacBean
31-05-2018, 02:02 PM
From recollecton, I don't think the draws get regionalised (Hertz got an Estonian team). The teams are however put into smaller pots, so you can only get one of 6/7 teams but the pots aren't regional.

although I've found this (not sure how reliable this is), which states there is no formal regionalisation it appears UEFA tend to do some sort of regionalisation.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2018.html

"Although the regulations no longer require the use of regional groups (http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/uefa-cup-regions.html) (as used before 2009), until now UEFA still uses some kind of regionalization in the first qualifying rounds. At first the clubs are divided into seeded and unseeded teams, and then the seeded and unseeded teams are split into regional groups. The general approach seems to use the North/Central/South scheme, but no specific rules are known."

MacBean
31-05-2018, 02:15 PM

and to answer this bit... on the UEFA website it states:
"The clubs whose numbers correspond to the first ball drawn play their first game at home, against the sides whose numbers match the next ball drawn"
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2018/draws/round=2000886/

davhibby
31-05-2018, 02:23 PM

Estonia is in our region the way they do it. Northern Europe.

MacBean
31-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Estonia is in our region the way they do it. Northern Europe.

Yeah appears to be the case.

Looks like the split is as per the photo on this link

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/uefa-cup-regions.png

CropleyWasGod
31-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Yeah appears to be the case.

Looks like the split is as per the photo on this link

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/uefa-cup-regions.png

It's probably almost impossible to get a pure split. There will always be outliers, just as in the Betfred Cup.

CockneyRebel
31-05-2018, 02:42 PM

I expected them to be a bit backward, but still wearing flares?

cabbageandribs1875
31-05-2018, 02:47 PM
out of the 39 clubs mentioned i've only ever heard of...

Ferencvaros
Ujpest
Riga FC
Vaduz
Racing FC
Cliftonville
Coleraine
Glenavon
Derry city
Shamrock rovers

MacBean
31-05-2018, 02:57 PM
yeah I had a look at the last few seasons First Qualifying Round Pots and they are largely regionalised minus a few anomolies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phas e_and_play-off_round

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phas e

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phas e_and_play-off_round

Curried
31-05-2018, 03:03 PM

Gandzasar Kapan in Armenia, certainly looks the like the prize for the adventurous, particularly if there’s no flights running from Yerevan. According to a couple of post on the web you can get there in a shared taxi or bus for about 20 quid, but it will take ~5-8 hours from Yerevan. That aside, I just had a look at hotels, and it’s well-cheap.

LancsHibs
31-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Looking down that list the two Hungarian teams have some European pedigree and probably best avoided, though a trip to Budapest would be great!

Billy Whizz
31-05-2018, 03:06 PM
yeah I had a look at the last few seasons First Qualifying Round Pots and they are largely regionalised minus a few anomolies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phas e_and_play-off_round

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phas e

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phas e_and_play-off_round

Looking at the list of “Northern teams” from Hibs list this morning, could and probably will be be any of these unseeded teams

Unseeded
Estonia - FCI levadia or Narva Trans
Faroe Island - NSI Runavik
Finland - lives or KuPS or Luhti
Iceland - IBV or Stjarnan
Latvia - Liepaja or Riga FC
Lithuania- Stumbras
N. Ireland - Cliftonville, Coleraine or Glenavon
Republic of Ireland - Derry City or Shamrock Rovers
Wales - Connah’s Quay Nomads

Hibs and the fans will be hoping to avoid an expensive trip like Faroes or Iceland, I’d have thought

Diclonius
31-05-2018, 03:18 PM
The only teams we wouldn't be favourites against would be Ferencvaros, Ujpest and possibly Progres. We SHOULD win comforably against any of the other teams, but then again this is Hibs in Europe and we haven't won a non-Intertoto tie since 1989 or something.

SteveHFC
31-05-2018, 03:40 PM
The only teams we wouldn't be favourites against would be Ferencvaros, Ujpest and possibly Progres. We SHOULD win comforably against any of the other teams, but then again this is Hibs in Europe and we haven't won a non-Intertoto tie since 1989 or something.

Budapest would be some trip.

Ozyhibby
31-05-2018, 04:00 PM

Progres are a part time team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
31-05-2018, 04:01 PM
We best make the most of any visits abroad this year as next year we could be needing visa's to travel anywhere in Europe.

danhibees1875
31-05-2018, 06:37 PM
out of the 39 clubs mentioned i've only ever heard of...

Ferencvaros
Ujpest
Riga FC
Vaduz
Racing FC
Cliftonville
Coleraine
Glenavon
Derry city
Shamrock rovers

I've not even heard of the top 4!

I wonder if there is an Ujpest.net trying to establish who the heck "Hibernian" are.

IGRIGI
31-05-2018, 06:39 PM
I've always wanted to visit Liechtenstein so I'll go for Vaduz as my preference.

LancsHibs
31-05-2018, 06:41 PM
There was some mention of the draw being reganilised, can anybody shed any light on this?:dunno:If it is it will narrow down the list of potential opponents greatly.

steelendhibs
31-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Do seeded teams play at home first or second?

Billy Whizz
31-05-2018, 06:42 PM
There was some mention of the draw being reganilised, can anybody shed any light on this?:dunno:If it is it will narrow down the list of potential opponents greatly.

See my post above, based on 1st round
The Welsh option would be a breeze for you guys

LancsHibs
31-05-2018, 09:26 PM
See my post above, based on 1st round
The Welsh option would be a breeze for you guys

One of the Welsh clubs would be a great draw. Whether it’s Bala Town, Connah’s Quay or Cfan Druids i expect the tie will be played at Wrexham or maybe Chester if its Connah’s Quay.

H18 SFR
01-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Kenny Shiels led Derry City keep getting pumped silly just now, hope we get them!

pacorosssco
01-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Budapest would be some trip.

Dream draw.

jgl07
02-06-2018, 01:23 PM
That’s what Hearts and Celtic thought!

SunshineOnLeith
02-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Just checked back on Aberdeen's involvement in 2007/2008 when they reached the group stage - at that time they only had to negotiate one qualifying round (beating Dnipro on away goals). How our coefficient has fallen in the last decade!

More to do with how UEFA keep mucking about with the competition to stop the 'wee teams' getting too far.

Billy Whizz
02-06-2018, 02:48 PM
More to do with how UEFA keep mucking about with the competition to stop the 'wee teams' getting too far.

I doubt it, more like what a Jamesie says, some really terrible Scottish performances, inc Rangers losing to a Luxembourg team, and Hearts losing to a Maltese Pub team. A few better results, and in the next few years we may go in at a later round, and be seeded

davhibby
02-06-2018, 04:02 PM
I doubt it, more like what a Jamesie says, some really terrible Scottish performances, inc Rangers losing to a Luxembourg team, and Hearts losing to a Maltese Pub team. A few better results, and in the next few years we may go in at a later round, and be seeded

But the example of Aberdeen only needing to play one tie to make the groups won’t happen again. We’d need Celtic to be making Europe beyond Christmas every year and a couple of europa league groups appearances from other teams for there even to be a chance of it being less than 3 ties

Billy Whizz
02-06-2018, 04:12 PM
But the example of Aberdeen only needing to play one tie to make the groups won’t happen again. We’d need Celtic to be making Europe beyond Christmas every year and a couple of europa league groups appearances from other teams for there even to be a chance of it being less than 3 ties

Has it not now changed to the teams coefficient rather than country now?
If that’s the case, if any team can get a good run going, could help them them following season!

southsider
02-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Dream draw.
Is there any chance we may draw a team from Gibraltar ? I have an apartment on the costs Del Sol about 30 km away

Souter96Mac
02-06-2018, 04:38 PM
If that’s the case, if any team can get a good run going, could help them them following season!

No there is still the country's club coefficient which dictates how many European spots there are available in the league. This is improved by clubs in that nation doing well in the competitions.

Billy Whizz
02-06-2018, 04:44 PM
No there is still the country's club coefficient which dictates how many European spots there are available in the league. This is improved by clubs in that nation doing well in the competitions.

Ok thanks

Sir David Gray
02-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Do seeded teams play at home first or second?

It's a random draw.

A Hi-Bee
02-06-2018, 06:20 PM
It's a random draw.

Does that mean we could get either Buda or Pest.
(One for the historians out there)

IberianHibernian
02-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Is there any chance we may draw a team from Gibraltar ? I have an apartment on the costs Del Sol about 30 km awayYes but the Gibraltar teams would have to get through round before we start so you wouldn`t know definitely when Hibs were playing in Gib till less than a week before first leg on 12th July . Several teams from Gibraltar in preliminary rounds of Europa League and Champions League ( Preliminary group with champions of several countries being played in Gibraltar at end of June ) . 6 Gibraltar clubs seem to share Victoria Stadium ( not sure when new national stadium will be finished ) where Hibs played in July 2013 so even if we draw a Gib team game might not be on Thursday if match clashes with other European tie . I`m hoping we beat Gib team then Sevilla ( would be full month before Spanish league starts ) before travelling further north for third round .

jgl07
02-06-2018, 11:08 PM
But the first Qualifying Round of the Europa is pretty well equivalent to the Inter-Toto.

Ozyhibby
03-06-2018, 05:28 AM

The club coefficient rankings are based on the results of clubs competing in the five previous seasons of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. The rankings determine the seeding of each club in relevant UEFA competition draws.

Coefficient calculation
Clubs' coefficients are determined EITHER the sum of all points won in the previous five years OR the association coefficient over the same period, WHICHEVER IS THE HIGHER (under a new system introduced for 2018/19 onwards).

These rankings will be updated after each round of UEFA club competition matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
03-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Looking to organise a day off tomorrow for the draw.

Is it definitely Tuesday 12th June? Anyone know what time at?

danhibees1875
03-06-2018, 08:44 PM

A day off for the draw? :confused:

Billy Whizz
03-06-2018, 08:45 PM

It won’t be televised, will just appear on the UEFA website.

Hibbyradge
03-06-2018, 08:45 PM

:hilarious

H18 SFR
03-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Steady now lads, I should have added to book flights ha ha.

Billy Whizz
03-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Steady now lads, I should have added to book flights ha ha.

You won’t know exactly who we’re playing on this day, as 2 teams will be playing each other, for the right to play Hibs. Dependent on who they are, you maybe able to take a punt on flights!

H18 SFR
03-06-2018, 09:18 PM
You won’t know exactly who we’re playing on this day, as 2 teams will be playing each other, for the right to play Hibs. Dependent on who they are, you maybe able to take a punt on flights!

That's only if we draw an opponent playing in the first qualifiers. We can still draw someone entering at the same stage as us.

LancsHibs
03-06-2018, 09:42 PM

The draw is on the 19th mate

H18 SFR
03-06-2018, 09:57 PM

Cheers mate.

Big_Franck
04-06-2018, 05:46 AM

I had thought it was the 19th and took a day off for it. Unfortunately the 19th is the draw for the Europa League (Champions Path). Our draw is on Wednesday 20th July.

Pagan Hibernia
04-06-2018, 05:57 AM
Any of the Irish teams, north or south, would be great

LancsHibs
04-06-2018, 06:02 AM
I had thought it was the 19th and took a day off for it. Unfortunately the 19th is the draw for the Europa League (Champions Path). Our draw is on Wednesday 20th July.

Wiki still saying the 19th??

Big_Franck
04-06-2018, 06:21 AM
Wiki still saying the 19th??

There is a Europa League draw on the 19th but its not ours. UEFA site says 20th for us, sorry cant link on the phone.

www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/amp/newsid=2499865.html

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2018, 06:23 AM
I have took a punt on flights to Belfast, £2 return just incase we get Linfield.

Billy Whizz
04-06-2018, 06:28 AM
There is a Europa League draw on the 19th but its not ours. UEFA site says 20th for us, sorry cant link on the phone.

www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/amp/newsid=2499865.html

Says 19th on this as well. Hibs saying 19th too!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Europa_League

BoomtownHibees
04-06-2018, 07:10 AM
I have took a punt on flights to Belfast, £2 return just incase we get Linfield.

See you there.

Guaranteed it’s them on the 12th

Pagan Hibernia
04-06-2018, 07:22 AM
See you there.

Guaranteed it’s them on the 12th

are linfield even in it? Can’t see them on the list...

Big_Franck
04-06-2018, 07:31 AM
Says 19th on this as well. Hibs saying 19th too!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Europa_League

Yeah, I read that and that's why I originally took my holiday from work for the 19th. The UEFA site I linked to above is saying the 20th for us though. Maybe Hibs just took their info from Wikipedia as well?

Can anyone that uses the Twitter machine tweet the club asking them to confirm? Maybe link to the UEFA site as well.

Billy Whizz
04-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I read that and that's why I originally took my holiday from work for the 19th. The UEFA site I linked to above is saying the 20th for us though. Maybe Hibs just took their info from Wikipedia as well?

Can anyone that uses the Twitter machine tweet the club asking them to confirm? Maybe link to the UEFA site as well.

Fair point. Don’t do twitter, but sure someone on here does, and will ask. It’s a bit confusing looking at the link

Big_Franck
04-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Fair point. Don’t do twitter, but sure someone on here does, and will ask. It’s a bit confusing looking at the link

Yeah, i'm not sure why UEFA need to complicate it by having 2 draws over 2 days for the same round. The bit below from the UEFA site says we are drawn on 20th though:

June
12 June: Preliminary round draw (League path), Nyon
19 June: Second qualifying round draw (Champions path), Nyon
20 June: First & second qualifying round draws (League path), Nyon

Billy Whizz
04-06-2018, 07:54 AM
Yeah, i'm not sure why UEFA need to complicate it by having 2 draws over 2 days for the same round. The bit below from the UEFA site says we are drawn on 20th though:

June

This guy is saying 19/20

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calendar2018.html

poulton hibs
04-06-2018, 08:14 AM
are linfield even in it? Can’t see them on the list...

whoosh

MacBean
04-06-2018, 08:28 AM

June

That's the Champions League

Draw is 19th, around 12 live on UEFA Website

hibee_nation
04-06-2018, 10:03 AM

I was gonna do that too but decided not to watch MK Dons instead

TamHibs
04-06-2018, 11:03 AM
That's the Champions League

Draw is 19th, around 12 live on UEFA Website

To be fair, his link does state UEFA Europa League in the heading when you click on it :dunno:

jgl07
04-06-2018, 02:28 PM

There aren’t any Champions in the Europa League at this stage. Please pay attention!

Big_Franck
04-06-2018, 02:52 PM
There aren’t any Champions in the Europa League at this stage. Please pay attention!

Yes, there are. See the UEFA Europa League section (and then Champions Route) of this (https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html) link.

20 teams eliminated in UEFA Champions League preliminary round and first qualifying round go in to the Europa League Qualifying Round 2. That's the (Champions Path) Europa League draw on 19th June. Please pay attention :wink:

LancsHibs
04-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Why can’t people seem to understand the simplicity of this cup draw🤪

H18 SFR
04-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Are we any clearer when the draw is? 19th or 20th?

Iggy Pope
04-06-2018, 05:17 PM

If you're intent on going, then early preparation will save you ££££££s. Plenty touring veterans on this thread will testify. Only takes a few hits and we are into competitive frenzy on here over who gets there cheapest. Very entertaining so it is.
Course, if you're not going, taking a day off is as daft as following the thread about it. I got to Maribor for £3 and a Mars Bar thanks to taking a day off the time.

Big_Franck
04-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Are we any clearer when the draw is? 19th or 20th?

Nope. Recent Hibs news article said 19th June but UEFA's site seems to say its the 20th for us.

jgl07
05-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Yes, there are. See the UEFA Europa League section (and then Champions Route) of this (https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html) link.

20 teams eliminated in UEFA Champions League preliminary round and first qualifying round go in to the Europa League Qualifying Round 2. That's the (Champions Path) Europa League draw on 19th June. Please pay attention :wink:

But we are at the Europa League Preliminary Round and First Qualifying Round stage? Or am I missing something?

Big_Franck
05-06-2018, 01:19 PM
But we are at the Europa League Preliminary Round and First Qualifying Round stage? Or am I missing something?

True, but this thread is not about the preliminary rounds of the Europa League as we aren't involved then. This discussion is about Europa League Qualifying Rounds 1 and 2 and the draw for those rounds (draws for QR1 and QR2 are made at the same time), where there are some Champions involved.

Hopefully the club can confirm the date of our draw soon and clear up any confusion.

jgl07
05-06-2018, 02:49 PM
True, but this thread is not about the preliminary rounds of the Europa League as we aren't involved then. This discussion is about Europa League Qualifying Rounds 1 and 2 and the draw for those rounds (draws for QR1 and QR2 are made at the same time), where there are some Champions involved.

Hopefully the club can confirm the date of our draw soon and clear up any confusion.

But the three teams dropping down from the Champions League Preliminary Round are not involved in the First Qualifying Round for the Europa. All First Qualifying Round draws are on 20 June.

The Second Qualifying Round draws appear to be split between the 19th and 20th June. UEFA one more demonstrating that they couldn’t organise their way out of a paper bag.

In my experience the whole thing is rigged or as they would say ‘seeded’ according to rules they fail to tell anyone. This is particularly the case with the Champions League.

The sooner the crooks running UEFA (and FIFA) are behind bars the better as far as I am concerned.