PDA

View Full Version : Delude kilmarnock

J-C
30-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Just seen on BBC sports website the Kilmarnock chairman thinks they can seriously challenge for the title next season, I'll have some of what he's drinking. 😂

Kato
30-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Just seen on BBC sports website the Kilmarnock chairman thinks they can seriously challenge for the title next season, I'll have some of what he's drinking. 😂

They'll be taking points off the OF. The more teams doing that the better.

sleeping giant
30-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Everyone should be thinking they could win .
What's the point in being in it if they don't .

Kato
30-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Potter's happy if Hearts don't concede.

iwasthere1972
30-05-2018, 07:28 PM
When was the last time they won the title and who came second?

Elephant Stone
30-05-2018, 07:29 PM
If Clarke's points per game ratio was extended over the course of the whole season then they wouldn't have been too far off Celtic this season. Improving upon this season is hardly delusional.

Kato
30-05-2018, 07:34 PM

Interesting question. I had a look around and this came up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93_7Gz5FTQ

The_Horde
30-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Our post January form was good enough for a title challenge too!

J-C
30-05-2018, 07:36 PM
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304566

Nothing wrong with aiming as high as possible but he's talking about a title challenge next season.

Kato
30-05-2018, 07:42 PM

Nothing wrong with aiming as high as possible but he's talking about a title challenge next season.

Putting aside the hype I knew nothing about their Chairman. Sounds like a hard working guy.

Cat Stanton
30-05-2018, 07:45 PM
Is this an order?

Pretty Boy
30-05-2018, 07:49 PM
As unlikely as it is it's quite nice to see someone come out and state they want to challenge for the title.

Every interview with someone connected to a club always seems to lead with 'we would love to finish 2nd'. That's probably just being realistic but I do sometimes wish someone would do what the Killie chairman has done and remind people 10 teams aren't just here to make up the numbers.

overdrive
30-05-2018, 07:49 PM
We are too negative as a nation. It’s part of the reason the national team are so woeful. There’s more chance of them doing it with him spreading that belief throughout the club than if he didn’t. He probably knows deep down that it’s unlikely.

CMurdoch
30-05-2018, 07:53 PM

Just like every other team owner, trying to sell more season tickets

Smartie
30-05-2018, 08:12 PM
As unlikely as it is it's quite nice to see someone come out and state they want to challenge for the title.

Every interview with someone connected to a club always seems to lead with 'we would love to finish 2nd'. That's probably just being realistic but I do sometimes wish someone would do what the Killie chairman has done and remind people 10 teams aren't just here to make up the numbers.

I totally agree.

This is exactly what we need in Scotland.

They were in excellent form in the second half of last season - why not improve the team and kick on a level?

He could be wetting his pants about the prospects of getting a few thousand extra huns into Rugby Park a couple of times a season like 90% of club chairmen do/did.

It's about time we had a few people thinking a bit bigger.

And Celtic looked a lot more fragile when some wee teams got torn in about them - hopefully more will follow suit, although hopefully Sevco will continue to wilt and die when confronted with them.

Zazu62
30-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Would be like Leicester winning the premier league probably better

Michael
30-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Why not? Celtic will have a bad season eventually.

iwasthere1972
30-05-2018, 08:45 PM
I remember a Scotland manager who said that we would win the World Cup and most of the nation believed it. How did that end?

Can't see Killie challenging for the top spot and if they manage to get in the top six again next season then they'll have done well. Can Kris Boyd score another twenty or so goals next season? It's a big ask.

Celtic will win the league again and a few clubs will be fighting for second. I expect one of those clubs to be Hibs. Hearts will be where they were this season having lost a good goalkeeper and by all accounts a 'Zibi' has replaced him.

Speedway
30-05-2018, 08:46 PM

Agree completely. Realistic or not, the sound of ambition is always welcome.

Newcastlehibby
30-05-2018, 08:46 PM

He did not say that at all. What he actually said was - Asked if Kilmarnock could challenge, he said: "I would like to think so. We have to be modest. It would be great if we could do it next year."

And later - "We need to stay modest," he said. "The other teams out there have got to up the ante and raise their game. It will be very competitive next year but, ideally, we'll finish top six.

Have you ever thought about being a journalist for the DR?

Sammy7nil
30-05-2018, 08:48 PM
If Clarke's points per game ratio was extended over the course of the whole season then they wouldn't have been too far off Celtic this season. Improving upon this season is hardly delusional.

I will stick my neck out and say it is delusional :greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-05-2018, 08:49 PM
He did not say that at all. What he actually said was - Asked if Kilmarnock could challenge, he said: "I would like to think so. We have to be modest. It would be great if we could do it next year."

And later - "We need to stay modest," he said. "The other teams out there have got to up the ante and raise their game. It will be very competitive next year but, ideally, we'll finish top six.

Maybe he Is? Gets all his info from here.

Smartie
30-05-2018, 08:49 PM
Agree completely. Realistic or not, the sound of ambition is always welcome.

In the context if Scottish football it is nice just to have something other than abject defeatism.

majorhibs
30-05-2018, 08:55 PM

i am 100% until proved wrong, because it felt so bad at the time, & all the Auld boys at ER thereafter were having kittens, that the very 1st, cos even tho I was still young then, but the 1st to say “my team & every other team are not ever going to win the league again” was the adored on here “lexo” I was young, naive, shocked & disgusted to hear that about my team from our alleged “manager”!!! Prove me wrong, absolutely anybody! I hated having to read that negative crap every week about Hibs when I was young! But he was the very 1st outwith the 2 cheeks to throw in the towel himself, even tho the fans were naewhere near. As I said earlier, anyone, anywhere, prove to me that this websites beloved lexo was not 1st in Scotland to come out with that tripe! It was so effin radical, in so many wrong effin ways, but as usual the media at the time loved it! Less than nae time for mogadon & his defenders.
Edit 1st to say nobody in Scotland except the then Auld squirm will ever win the league again because they are so far ahead on finances & everything else! I totally & utterly detest the man for doing that to me as a young Hibby. & he was the 1st Scottish manager to do so. Defend that!

Not In The Know
30-05-2018, 08:56 PM

Very well put PB. If every team set out with the ambition to be first not second i wonder what would happen.

superfurryhibby
30-05-2018, 08:59 PM
i am 100% until proved wrong, because it felt so bad at the time, & all the Auld boys at ER thereafter were having kittens, that the very 1st, cos even tho I was still young then, but the 1st to say “my team & every other team are not ever going to win the league again” was the adored on here “lexo” I was young, naive, shocked & disgusted to hear that about my team from our alleged “manager”!!! Prove me wrong, absolutely anybody! I hated having to read that negative crap every week about Hibs when I was young! But he was the very 1st outwith the 2 cheeks to throw in the towel himself, even tho the fans were naewhere near. As I said earlier, anyone, anywhere, prove to me that this websites beloved lexo was not 1st in Scotland to come out with that tripe! It was so effin radical, in so many wrong effin ways, but as usual the media at the time loved it! Less than nae time for mogadon & his defenders.

Get over it and yerself:crazy:

Sammy7nil
30-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Very well put PB. If every team set out with the ambition to be first not second i wonder what would happen.

Celtic would win the league :greengrin

Drumlanrig
30-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Edit 1st to say nobody in Scotland except the then Auld squirm will ever win the league again because they are so far ahead on finances & everything else! I totally & utterly detest the man for doing that to me as a young Hibby. & he was the 1st Scottish manager to do so. Defend that!

??? Is this a random word generator?

majorhibs
30-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Get over it and yerself:crazy:

Why, less than full wit, would I be trying to get over mogadon having recently witnessed Leicester? If you were anywhere near entertaining maybe I would want to get over you, but your a bit of an irrelevance, so as I’m in transit & bored, get over the 1st person in Scottish fitba, as a manager of a big club, in the 70’s, when a very big proportion of the support had not only been witness to the Famous 5 & early Euro thrillers, but a large proportion of that support, had been in & around the 2nd World war & I recall as a youngster on the terraces the absolute disbelief when yer “lexo” said Hibs would never again win the league because the gulf to the 2 cheeks had became too big. 1st Scottish manager to do so! Manager of Hibs! Prove me wrong, please.

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Why, less than full wit, would I be trying to get over mogadon having recently witnessed Leicester? If you were anywhere near entertaining maybe I would want to get over you, but your a bit of an irrelevance, so as I’m in transit & bored, get over the 1st person in Scottish fitba, as a manager of a big club, in the 70’s, when a very big proportion of the support had not only been witness to the Famous 5 & early Euro thrillers, but a large proportion of that support, had been in & around the 2nd World war & I recall as a youngster on the terraces the absolute disbelief when yer “lexo” said Hibs would never again win the league because the gulf to the 2 cheeks had became too big. 1st Scottish manager to do so! Manager of Hibs! Prove me wrong, please.Henry Miller?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
30-05-2018, 09:22 PM

:greengrin:

I think you agree with me.

I start every season thinking we could win everything.
Some seasons my optimism dissipates faster than others :-)

I'll be hoping we win the league .

majorhibs
30-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Henry Miller?

Ach, us simpletons need mair clues than that!

superfurryhibby
30-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Why, less than full wit, would I be trying to get over mogadon having recently witnessed Leicester? If you were anywhere near entertaining maybe I would want to get over you, but your a bit of an irrelevance, so as I’m in transit & bored, get over the 1st person in Scottish fitba, as a manager of a big club, in the 70’s, when a very big proportion of the support had not only been witness to the Famous 5 & early Euro thrillers, but a large proportion of that support, had been in & around the 2nd World war & I recall as a youngster on the terraces the absolute disbelief when yer “lexo” said Hibs would never again win the league because the gulf to the 2 cheeks had became too big. 1st Scottish manager to do so! Manager of Hibs! Prove me wrong, please.

Please translate?

As a factual aside, a large majority of the support had also watched relegation under Turnbull, then the torpor of the Auld, Stanton and Blackley eras. As it turned out, the Mogadonmeister was totally correct. He talked sense.

Reality is that the only way anyone outside of the OF will win the League again is if those two ****ers **** off to England or some tinpot European League.

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Ach, us simpletons need mair clues than that!I was trying to guess who you were. Your writing style reminded me of old Henry. [emoji16]

Sammy7nil
30-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Lexo had a few great attacking teams when O'Neill was on one wing and Crunchie on the other if you were five minutes late you often missed a goal. Add Wright Weir Gareth McGinley and Jackson and Lexo had a few great for teams. He was also a nightmare on occasion but anyone making out it was all bad is trying to rewrite history.

majorhibs
30-05-2018, 09:25 PM
:greengrin:

I think you agree with me.

I start every season thinking we could win everything.
Some seasons my optimism dissipates faster than others :-)

I'll be hoping we win the league .

That is MY language, except mibbes no exactly my language, but hell, Leicester, why no us? :greengrin:agree::flag:

Kato
30-05-2018, 09:32 PM
He was also a nightmare on occasion ...

Yeah, but the occasions would last three or four seasons. That's not rewriting history.

majorhibs
30-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Please translate?

As a factual aside, a large majority of the support had also watched relegation under Turnbull, then the torpor of the Auld, Stanton and Blackley eras. As it turned out, the Mogadonmeister was totally correct. He talked sense.

Reality is that the only way anyone outside of the OF will win the League again is if those two ****ers **** off to England or some tinpot European League.

It was A TOTAL shocker to hear mogadon throw in the towel before things got towards end of season, shocker & pretty disgusting for young Hibbys like me & also all the Auld boys who knew they had maybe 5/10 mair seasons max, but to hear yer manager say we are never winning in future is effing disheartening, but yer deflecting context here, nae other Scottish manager woulda done it or did do it then, only unfortunate Hibs wi a defend merchant were saying in the 70s pay for yer season tix, gie us yer money, but the mgr says we’ll never be ultimately winning! I really did not need that as a kid, but to see 2/3 generations above me, having to witness that, address it if you can, the ONLY club at the time “we will never win the league again against the 2 weedge,” it upset me but I had to witness it upsetting Auld Hibbys who knew they werenae with us much longer. Maybe your indifferent tae that. Mogadon is down there for me! Nae need,

superfurryhibby
30-05-2018, 10:02 PM
It was A TOTAL shocker to hear mogadon throw in the towel before things got towards end of season, shocker & pretty disgusting for young Hibbys like me & also all the Auld boys who knew they had maybe 5/10 mair seasons max, but to hear yer manager say we are never winning in future is effing disheartening, but yer deflecting context here, nae other Scottish manager woulda done it or did do it then, only unfortunate Hibs wi a defend merchant were saying in the 70s pay for yer season tix, gie us yer money, but the mgr says we’ll never be ultimately winning! I really did not need that as a kid, but to see 2/3 generations above me, having to witness that, address it if you can, the ONLY club at the time “we will never win the league again against the 2 weedge,” it upset me but I had to witness it upsetting Auld Hibbys who knew they werenae with us much longer. Maybe your indifferent tae that. Mogadon is down there for me! Nae need,

Your are only two years younger than me so you were around 23 when Miller was appointed, not 8. My own footballing reality check came a bit earlier than that, probably around March 1980 when the prospect of imminent relegation set in, along with the fact that I wasn’t going to be the next Pat Stanton. It was tough, but I moved on.

J-C
30-05-2018, 11:00 PM

The headline says Billie Bowie to mount Premiership challenge, being modest or not he still thinks they have a chance and he thinks they could do it next year. Your quote above says exactly that, I didn't make any thing up, my post says Killie chairman thinks they can challenge for the title, pretty much what you've just posted yourself.

Northernhibee
30-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Is this an order?

It's his new single "Kilmarnock", the follow up to Sandstorm :hyper

1875godsgift
30-05-2018, 11:26 PM
Henry Miller?

Flann O'Brien I thought....

Basildon Hibs
30-05-2018, 11:46 PM
They'll be taking points off the OF. The more teams doing that the better.

I wish there was a bloody 'like' button on this site !!

Petrie, get it sorted ...:wink:

cocteautwin
31-05-2018, 01:34 AM
I don’t see the problem with this. Do you think Neil Lennon is lying in his bed at night thinking second place would be great?

Slightly delusional I know, but just say we could keep most of last season’s team together . . . . . Slivka, Swanson and Whittaker hit top form too . . . . . . Shaw and Porteus make the step up . . . . . suddenly 6 months form becomes a season’s form . . . . . . . Celtic lose Rodgers to the EPL and an experimental manager comes in and fluffs up his first season . . . . Rangers’ Gerrard experiment goes wrong . . . . . . . . Aberdeen run out of money due to spending on their proposed stadium . . . . . .. oh look, who’s that coming up unnoticed on the side rails . . . . . . it’s 30 goals a season Flo Kamberi . . . . . . .So we square up, casual like. What does Levein the hard **** do? Or the so-called hard ****? Sh!'!tes it. Puts down his drink, turns, and gets the **** out of there. And after that? Well, the league was ours.

Mixu62
31-05-2018, 05:19 AM
I don’t see the problem with this. Do you think Neil Lennon is lying in his bed at night thinking second place would be great?

Slightly delusional I know, but just say we could keep most of last season’s team together . . . . . Slivka, Swanson and Whittaker hit top form too . . . . . . Shaw and Porteus make the step up . . . . . suddenly 6 months form becomes a season’s form . . . . . . . Celtic lose Rodgers to the EPL and an experimental manager comes in and fluffs up his first season . . . . Rangers’ Gerrard experiment goes wrong . . . . . . . . Aberdeen run out of money due to spending on their proposed stadium . . . . . .. oh look, who’s that coming up unnoticed on the side rails . . . . . . it’s 30 goals a season Flo Kamberi . . . . . . .So we square up, casual like. What does Levein the hard **** do? Or the so-called hard ****? Sh!'!tes it. Puts down his drink, turns, and gets the **** out of there. And after that? Well, the league was ours.

Thanks Begbie!! :faf:

J-C
31-05-2018, 08:03 AM

Actually he did, at the start of the season he said we're the 2nd best team in the league and his outburst after the Hearts game showed he was aiming for 2nd, he's being realistic and not saying winning the league, I'm happy getting 2nd and hopefully closing the gap, Celtic are still top dogs but they're beatable.

One Day Soon
31-05-2018, 08:10 AM

Why not? I'm in.

.Sean.
31-05-2018, 08:32 AM
Edit 1st to say nobody in Scotland except the then Auld squirm will ever win the league again because they are so far ahead on finances & everything else! I totally & utterly detest the man for doing that to me as a young Hibby. & he was the 1st Scottish manager to do so. Defend that!Put the crack pipe doon man 😂

My_Wife_Camille
31-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Actually he did, at the start of the season he said we're the 2nd best team in the league and his outburst after the Hearts game showed he was aiming for 2nd, he's being realistic and not saying winning the league, I'm happy getting 2nd and hopefully closing the gap, Celtic are still top dogs but they're beatable.
Lennon also said not that long ago that he wants to go further than second, do a Leicester and challenge for the league.

Tbh I don’t care if you support Real Madrid or Stirling Albion. If, as a fan, you don’t go into every season thinking there’s an outside chance of wining everything there is to win then what’s the point?

J-C
31-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Lennon also said not that long ago that he wants to go further than second, do a Leicester and challenge for the league.

Tbh I don’t care if you support Real Madrid or Stirling Albion. If, as a fan, you don’t go into every season thinking there’s an outside chance of wining everything there is to win then what’s the point?

I agree to a point but there's always that realism that in all probability top 4 is going to be more achievable and add in a couple of good cup runs with a wee chance of winning one.

Stevie Reid
31-05-2018, 09:26 AM
The closest we've ever come to winning the league since the old First Division became the Premier League in 1975, was that first 1975-76 season - we finished 3rd, 11 points off the top (only two points for a win though).

Neil Lennon just took us to our second best finish in that regard, 15 points off the Champions, in 4th place.

3rd best? Lexo :greengrin 1994-95 we finished 3rd, 16 points off Rangers, and lost as few games (7) as them. That was a brilliant team. We also beat Hearts three times that season, the first one ending 22 in a row. I don't think any other manager has done that in my lifetime (obviously doesn't excuse the 22 in a row).

WeeRussell
31-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Give me that any day from the 'other clubs' as opposed to coming out and accepting it's the old firm top 2 and then the rest of us should be happy with a wee cup run or finishing top 6.

Even if it willnae happen :greengrin

jacomo
31-05-2018, 10:02 AM
I agree to a point but there's always that realism that in all probability top 4 is going to be more achievable and add in a couple of good cup runs with a wee chance of winning one.

You’re making too much of this.

The guy did not predict Killie will win the league next season, but did outline his ambitions to grow the club and become more of a force in Scottish football.

All good in my view.

Hibbyradge
31-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Give me that any day from the 'other clubs' as opposed to coming out and accepting it's the old firm top 2 and then the rest of us should be happy with a wee cup run or finishing top 6.

I'm not sure where I stand on the pragmatism versus hope debate.

It's an attractive idea to think that every team should set out with the aim of winning the league.

However, does anyone at all think that Livingston, Hamilton or St Mirren have any chance at all of being top of the pile by next May? What about Huddersfield, Watford or Bournemouth for the EPL?

I certainly don't, but I wouldn't say that my view was defeated the or negative.

Sure, Leicester defied the odds, but I doubt their fans started the season with any ambition to win the league.

Ally McLeod whipped the nation into a hugely optimistic and confident frenzy about our chances of winning the World Cup in 1978. I can still feel the disappointment of being knocked out at the group stage. And the crushing embarrassment.

Jock Stein came in and told us the truth, that we had to reign back our expectations because we weren't going to be good enough win the WC any time soon. We still have hope, but it's not delusional anymore.

Which approach was more irresponsible?

Miller took Stein's approach and told the fans what they didn't want to hear. But let's face it, if Turnbull's team, the memory of which was still fresh in our minds, couldn't win the league, how could a lesser group of players?

Realism and hope are not mutually exclusive.

WeeRussell
31-05-2018, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure where I stand on the pragmatism versus hope debate.

It's an attractive idea to think that every team should set out with the aim of winning the league.

However, does anyone at all think that Livingston, Hamilton or St Mirren have any chance at all of being top of the pile by next May? What about Huddersfield, Watford or Bournemouth for the EPL?

I certainly don't, but I wouldn't say that my view was defeated the or negative.

Sure, Leicester defied the odds, but I doubt their fans started the season with any ambition to win the league.

Ally McLeod whipped the nation into a hugely optimistic and confident frenzy about our chances of winning the World Cup in 1978. I can still feel the disappointment of being knocked out at the group stage. And the crushing embarrassment.

Jock Stein came in and told us the truth, that we had to reign back our expectations because we weren't going to be good enough win the WC any time soon. We still have hope, but it's not delusional anymore.

Which approach was more irresponsible?

Miller took Stein's approach and told the fans what they didn't want to hear. But let's face it, if Turnbull's team, the memory of which was still fresh in our minds, couldn't win the league, how could a lesser group of players?

Realism and hope are not mutually exclusive.

I take your point and don't disagree. I just don't think the Killie should be mocked or branded delusional based on these comments.

Hibbyradge
31-05-2018, 10:57 AM
I take your point and don't disagree. I just don't think the Killie should be mocked or branded delusional based on these comments.

I agree.

There's a difference between saying things like "We're going to win the League and the Champions League in the next 5 years.", and "It would be great if we could challenge for the league next season."

hibbyfraelibby
31-05-2018, 07:34 PM

Seems the last time they did it was on the last day of the season. Won it on goal average. Started the move to goal difference after all the mumping aboyt how a "famous" team had been robbed.Thing is on the original Sir Albert day if the had kept goal average the infamous would have won the league. Talk about a double whammy😙

A Hi-Bee
31-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Absolutely, reality is for real life no a fitba game, we aim as high as we can every season and see where it takes us, what is needed in Scotland is for more teams to be taking points of smeltic.

A Hi-Bee
31-05-2018, 07:40 PM

There is no old firm one of them teams died.

Haymaker
01-06-2018, 04:09 AM
This year is our year.

We said that for 114 years.

Alex Trager
01-06-2018, 07:26 AM

That is as high as possible no?

WeeRussell
01-06-2018, 09:30 AM
There is no old firm one of them teams died.

Good point! I stand corrected (how could
I forget).

It’s really just Celtic now anyway isn’t it? The Huns don’t frighten anyone.

heretoday
01-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Good point! I stand corrected (how could
I forget).

It’s really just Celtic now anyway isn’t it? The Huns don’t frighten anyone.

Not yet anyway.

emerald green
01-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Being realistic, there is no chance that Kilmarnock will "seriously challenge" for the title next season. Just IMO.

majorhibs
01-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Touchy eh, relogin etc, as I asked at the very very beginning, please, please anyone prove differently, that the 1st current, in place, serving, S ottish manager, who claimed, his & every other club would NEVER again challenge the glesgae spoiling institutions we faced then, was not mogadon. Nane of ye’se have cos nane of ye’se can. He was numero uno, the 1st, Mr Unique, the pacesetter, pioneer, for defeatism tae tics & huns! Show me otherwise! Prove me wrong! Or be politicians & deflect & talk aboot other crap! Whae cares? Mogadon had so much potential & failed against hertz cos he was scared & boring & defensive. Your man, but never mines!

majorhibs
01-06-2018, 08:43 PM
Wee subnote, in mogadons 10 years, many many times we had huge able defenders who cleared the baw a huge distance fi oor penalty area, intae space, but the mogadon way, 11 of our boys defending EVERY corner, became infuriating. The doffing baw just came straight back every effing time!
11 Hibs players back in our box at every oppo corner s what I mean! Ye’d ken if ye were there.

Hibbyradge
01-06-2018, 08:47 PM
Touchy eh, relogin etc, as I asked at the very very beginning, please, please anyone prove differently, that the 1st current, in place, serving, S ottish manager, who claimed, his & every other club would NEVER again challenge the glesgae spoiling institutions we faced then, was not mogadon. Nane of ye’se have cos nane of ye’se can. He was numero uno, the 1st, Mr Unique, the pacesetter, pioneer, for defeatism tae tics & huns! Show me otherwise! Prove me wrong! Or be politicians & deflect & talk aboot other crap! Whae cares? Mogadon had so much potential & failed against hertz cos he was scared & boring & defensive. Your man, but never mines!

Cool. If there was something to win, you've won it.

I don't think anyone else cares now.

stantonhibby
01-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Wee subnote, in mogadons 10 years, many many times we had huge able defenders who cleared the baw a huge distance fi oor penalty area, intae space, but the mogadon way, 11 of our boys defending EVERY corner, became infuriating. The doffing baw just came straight back every effing time!
11 Hibs players back in our box at every oppo corner s what I mean! Ye’d ken if ye were there.

Trophy winning Hibs manager though.....not too many of them.

majorhibs
01-06-2018, 08:54 PM
Please translate?

Ha ha. So, if Claudio Ranieiri managed Hibs for 1 season, because YOU are such an expert, Neil Lennon could not do the same? Huh? Mr Expert?

majorhibs
01-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Trophy winning Hibs manager though.....not too many of them.

What deflectionists youse are!! Never realised sae many tory losers in Hibs support! Yer love for such a 10yr failure is admirable, 1 cup win the 10 yrs = not much. Just, for 1 time look at the calibre of players for 10 yrs & say success? Nah.

stantonhibby
01-06-2018, 09:42 PM
What deflectionists youse are!! Never realised sae many tory losers in Hibs support! Yer love for such a 10yr failure is admirable, 1 cup win the 10 yrs = not much. Just, for 1 time look at the calibre of players for 10 yrs & say success? Nah.

Can you explain what the Tories have to do with it ? Actually don't bother as like most of your posts its unlikely to make any sense.

matty_f
01-06-2018, 11:00 PM

Can you try calming down and at least have a go at being civil to other users please?

CentreLine
02-06-2018, 09:34 AM
I remember a Scotland manager who said that we would win the World Cup and most of the nation believed it. How did that end?

Can't see Killie challenging for the top spot and if they manage to get in the top six again next season then they'll have done well. Can Kris Boyd score another twenty or so goals next season? It's a big ask.

Celtic will win the league again and a few clubs will be fighting for second. I expect one of those clubs to be Hibs. Hearts will be where they were this season having lost a good goalkeeper and by all accounts a 'Zibi' has replaced him.

I very much wish we had someone like Ally McLeod now. Those were great days to follow Scotland and that level of belief would do us no harm whatsoever now. Rather that than the boring, sheepish realism we have to endure now. I little bit of fantasy hurt nobody and might just raise our game as a result. Football is supposed to be an entertainment business after all and Ally gave us it in spades :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
02-06-2018, 09:37 AM
I very much wish we had someone like Ally McLeod now. Those were great days to follow Scotland and that level of belief would do us no harm whatsoever now. Rather that than the boring, sheepish realism we have to endure now. I little bit of fantasy hurt nobody and might just raise our game as a result. Football is supposed to be an entertainment business after all and Ally gave us it in spades :thumbsup:

I'd rather we were successful than have happy fantasies until reality hits us right between the eyes.

I still remember cringing at the lap of honour after we lost at home to England.

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2018, 09:43 AM
No one actually cares enough to prove you wrong mate, you're just ranting for no apparent reason.

heretoday
02-06-2018, 09:45 AM
I remember the day they won the league in 1965. They had a fine team then. I don't remember the last time we won it although I was alive I think!

Fair play to them for aiming high.

Keith_M
02-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Maybe if you'd used the preterite instead of the imperative, the title would make a bit more sense.

Sir David Gray
02-06-2018, 11:06 AM
It almost certainly won't happen but it's good to see him talking up his team for a change.

I'm sure the Leicester fans thought the same a couple of years ago.

barcahibs
02-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Just for balance I'd like to say i liked Alex Miller. Gave me one of my best moments as a fan, saw the club through arguably the most difficult period in its history and at times had teams out posing good football. Many of the teams and players I'll look back and fondly remember in my dotage were Miller's. He also won the Tennants Sixes, equalling Craig Leveins career medal haul in one day.

If Miller really was the first Scottish manager to realise the old firm had the league sewn up between them then good on him. The guy has forgotten more about football and how to play it than almost everyone on here posting will ever know.

I'd love us to win the league but i sure as hell don't start every season thinking - or even hoping - we will.

03-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Pretty far fetched but nothing wrong with a bit of positivity and belief. Go into every competition believing you can win it otherwise whats the point really.

I bet if someone had said at the start of the 2015/16 season Leicster can win the league they would have been ridiculed. Football is a funny old game and certainly stranger things have happened! Would far rather have a manager come out with something like that rather than the like of McLeish last night saying "I expect Mexico to beat Scotland" - hardly very inspiring! I would be pissed off if Lennon came out before a game and said he thinks we'll lose - defeatist attitude and got us beat before a balls even been kicked!

Pretty Boy
04-06-2018, 12:57 PM
This thread is getting bookmarked for when the thread of the year vote happens.

Comedy gold, intentionally or otherwise.

majorhibs
12-06-2018, 09:39 PM
No one actually cares enough to prove you wrong mate, you're just ranting for no apparent reason.

Ach, PB CDG, etc, what aboot MWHIBBIES & others, who support our all own beloved Hibees, but believe we will never win the league ever again, & slate fellow Hibbies who dare tae dream of our beloved Hibees daein what Leicester did in England!!! Almost makes me feel dirty, they imperialists ae Hibs.net! But I think I’ll survive & wish for my team to win a championship another day! Just the way I’m built!

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Ach, PB CDG, etc, what aboot MWHIBBIES & others, who support our all own beloved Hibees, but believe we will never win the league ever again, & slate fellow Hibbies who dare tae dream of our beloved Hibees daein what Leicester did in England!!! Almost makes me feel dirty, they imperialists ae Hibs.net! But I think I’ll survive & wish for my team to win a championship another day! Just the way I’m built!Imperialists.

And there's me thinking we were the Taliban ......

majorhibs
12-06-2018, 09:45 PM
Imperialists.

And there's me thinking we were the Taliban ......

Mussolini would probs have ye’se!

One Day Soon
12-06-2018, 09:47 PM
This thread is getting bookmarked for when the thread of the year vote happens.

Comedy gold, intentionally or otherwise.

There's a thread of the year vote?

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Mussolini would probs have ye’se!If Kamberi doesn't sign, is he Plan B?

One Day Soon
12-06-2018, 09:50 PM

Did he ****.