PDA

View Full Version : Lennon given Biggest ever Hibs budget.

Hibby soldier
29-05-2018, 09:34 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-has-been-given-biggest-budget-in-hibs-history-1-4746011

R'Albin
29-05-2018, 09:56 AM
That would have to be quite a lot of money would it not? Did we not have players on 8/9k a week in the late 90s?

Stokesy's on fire
29-05-2018, 09:57 AM
That would have to be quite a lot of money would it not? Did we not have players on 8/9k a week in the late 90s?

Sauzee and Zitelli must have been on some wage during Ecks time as Hibees manager.

1van Sprou7e
29-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Says this includes money being spent on things like the academy and sport science, both of which probably burn far more cash than they did in the late 90s/early 00s

Also says that last year's budget was probably the highest ever before this year so maybe not quite as exciting as it sounds

Garymcl
29-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Certainly the board doing there bit the fans have certainly been doing there bit but let's not stop keep renewing/buying season tickets or donating to HSL all money goes straight to Lennys spending so great being a hibby just now canny wait for the season to start :greengrin:greengrin

Jim44
29-05-2018, 11:31 AM
The report is a bit mixed in terms of our likely success in securing our named targets. The Kamberi progress seems promising but the McLaren, Allan and Barker situations are proving difficult according to Lennon. It’s anyone’s guess as to where McGeouch will end up. I think we all expected that one to be a certain departure but there appears to be some inactivity there. Hopefully, if things don’t go our way with theses guys, Lennon will have a strong plan B up his sleeve.

Keith_M
29-05-2018, 01:01 PM
It'll have to be a big budget to beat the one McLeish had.

bigwheel
29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
It'll have to be a big budget to beat the one McLeish had.

Can't imagine it is.....even though that is the quote...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lago
29-05-2018, 02:44 PM
The report is a bit mixed in terms of our likely success in securing our named targets. The Kamberi progress seems promising but the McLaren, Allan and Barker situations are proving difficult according to Lennon. It’s anyone’s guess as to where McGeouch will end up. I think we all expected that one to be a certain departure but there appears to be some inactivity there. Hopefully, if things don’t go our way with theses guys, Lennon will have a strong plan B up his sleeve.
Never really expected McLaren or Barker to be back, but I would be disappointed if Scott Allan didn't sign.

heidtheba
29-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Interested to know everyone's thoughts on this. Isn't revealing anything about the budget available not a bit like a game of poker? Should we be revealing this info?

Does announcing we've got money for transfers mean we get more ST sign-ups and the fans are happier?
Or does it mean all the players we're chasing suddenly want more and their transfer fees go up?

Is this a wise decision to announce this or not?

heretoday
29-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Never really expected McLaren or Barker to be back, but I would be disappointed if Scott Allan didn't sign.

So would I. He's our classiest player.

ancient hibee
29-05-2018, 05:27 PM
I assume that we're also having a dig at our neighbours.

CRAZYHIBBY
29-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Mcleish signed about 50 players if i remember correctly....im sure klaus dittrech or something was signed and then booted after one game

Keith_M
29-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Mcleish signed about 50 players if i remember correctly....im sure klaus dittrech or something was signed and then booted after one game

I think either Dempster didn't know about McLeish's budget, or she's just doing some positive PR and ignoring any pesky evidence to the contrary.

No big deal, everybody does it and I don't think anybody gets hurt.

PPZPOL
29-05-2018, 06:26 PM

I played against him in a reserve match at the old Bayview one freezing night. He smashed a rocket of a shot and it hit me down side of body between my chest and hip, still get tears in my eyes when I think about it, stinger!! True story...nothing to do with Hibs budget this season though.
He was probably signed on the back of playing against me then binned after one game when they realised I’d just made him look like a superstar.

Skol
29-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Will be interesting to see how the Jambos ensure they come out with a similar biggest budget ever claim - never knowingly outdone by the hibbies

Kato
29-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Will be interesting to see how the Jambos ensure they come out with a similar biggest budget ever claim - never knowingly outdone by the hibbies

Would have to be bigger than the Money Launderer's so ain't gonna happen.

Walter
29-05-2018, 07:09 PM
I played against him in a reserve match at the old Bayview one freezing night. He smashed a rocket of a shot and it hit me down side of body between my chest and hip, still get tears in my eyes when I think about it, stinger!! True story...nothing to do with Hibs budget this season though.
He was probably signed on the back of playing against me then binned after one game when they realised I’d just made him look like a superstar.

I still never understood how Peter Guggi just vanished. I really thought he looked a player and then never seemed to turn up anywhere else

29-05-2018, 07:13 PM

Normally that could well be the case but at the moment they are already saying the football budget will be impacted by other costs to try and lower fans' expectations and keep Levein in the job longer.

tamig
29-05-2018, 07:20 PM
I still never understood how Peter Guggi just vanished. I really thought he looked a player and then never seemed to turn up anywhere else

I’m sure he turned up in the News of the World 😉

matty_f
29-05-2018, 07:36 PM
I think either Dempster didn't know about McLeish's budget, or she's just doing some positive PR and ignoring any pesky evidence to the contrary.

No big deal, everybody does it and I don't think anybody gets hurt.
She is referring to the total budget for the football side, not just the first team squad.

I could easily see how that would be higher than McLeish got.

WeeRussell
30-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Interested to know everyone's thoughts on this. Isn't revealing anything about the budget available not a bit like a game of poker? Should we be revealing this info?

Does announcing we've got money for transfers mean we get more ST sign-ups and the fans are happier?
Or does it mean all the players we're chasing suddenly want more and their transfer fees go up?

Is this a wise decision to announce this or not?

Interesting point. I assume (haven't read article) we're not quoting any figures at all... just stating we mean business :greengrin

No potential signing knows what our figures or, or have been... we'll offer what's right and that won't change.

In my opinion.

jacomo
30-05-2018, 11:49 AM
She is referring to the total budget for the football side, not just the first team squad.

I could easily see how that would be higher than McLeish got.

:agree:

Folk just need to read the article.

LD did NOT say that wages for individual players are approaching those we paid around the millennium.

oxymoron
30-05-2018, 12:38 PM

...went to Austrian fourth tier Donawitzer SV Leoben (go figure :dunno:). Retired in 2003.