PDA

View Full Version : Celtic enter race

hibees 7062
28-05-2018, 10:41 PM
John McGinn to Celtic – Hoops poised to enter race for Hibs star with any deal likely to include Scott Allan . The Sun

Onion
28-05-2018, 11:53 PM
Really hope other serious contenders bid against Celtic as they are sure to over-inflate SA's value in an effort to steal SJM for pennies. It's what they do to other Scottish clubs, but cannot get away with when dealing with wealthier English/European clubs.

HoboHarry
29-05-2018, 12:46 AM
Really hope other serious contenders bid against Celtic as they are sure to over-inflate SA's value in an effort to steal SJM for pennies. It's what they do to other Scottish clubs, but cannot get away with when dealing with wealthier English/European clubs.
Not sure you have cause to worry about Rod Petrie not getting us the best deal he can for Hibs.

Brightside
29-05-2018, 06:03 AM
There have been discussions on this since well before the season ended.

davym7062
29-05-2018, 06:20 AM
Heard ages ago that we get scotty and Ryan Christie plus cash

Jim44
29-05-2018, 06:36 AM

How much cash? We might have to give St Mirren a leg from each of them. :greengrin

GloryGlory
29-05-2018, 07:01 AM
John McGinn to Celtic – Hoops poised to enter race for Hibs star with any deal likely to include Scott Allan . The Sun

Funnily enough - a poster on Kerrydale Street put a story that he heard from his mate yesterday afternoon that Celtc were offering SA +£2.5 million for SJM.

And then it appears in the Daily OldFirm...

bingo70
29-05-2018, 07:15 AM
If we get the best fee plus a player or two then it’s a no brainer to accept the deal from Celtic.

That said there’s every chance I’ll cry a little bit the first time he plays against us.

I’ve never been one to clap an ex player when they come up against us, especially when playing for one of the old firm but I think I’d find it difficult not to show him some appreciation if he was to come back and play against us.

Brooster
29-05-2018, 07:16 AM

I heard that in March from a semi decent source. If its true I wonder how much cash? Although I dont want to see SJM go I think this would be a good deal. It weakens Aberdeen too.

adhibs
29-05-2018, 07:50 AM
Is Christie part if it as a loan or permenant?

Billy Whizz
29-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Is Christie part if it as a loan or permenant?

Don’t want any more loans from Celtic. Means they can’t play 4 League games, and potentially 2 cup games too

Diclonius
29-05-2018, 08:02 AM
If we get Allan and Christie perm + anywhere upwards of £2M that would be an amazing deal. If McGeouch/Mallan signs up our midfield is sorted.

Brightside
29-05-2018, 08:04 AM
If we get Allan and Christie perm + anywhere upwards of £2M that would be an amazing deal. If McGeouch/Mallan signs up our midfield is sorted.

If Christie happens it wont be Perm.

bingo70
29-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Don’t want any more loans from Celtic. Means they can’t play 4 League games, and potentially 2 cup games too

Our success, or lack of it, won’t be defined by our performances against Celtic, it’s how we do in the other games.

That’s what Aberdeen have done so well recently and if we are to overtake them then turning all the draws into wins will be the easiest way to do it, Having creative players can make all the difference when trying to break down stubborn defences that park the bus against us.

JimBHibees
29-05-2018, 08:09 AM
I heard that in March from a semi decent source. If its true I wonder how much cash? Although I dont want to see SJM go I think this would be a good deal. It weakens Aberdeen too.

Would also be a possibility Christie and/or Allan may be a loan.

Greenworld
29-05-2018, 08:11 AM
I think the same I have a feeling it will be 3 million plus Allan.
If that happens fantastic deal let's bare in mind they have been quite helpful to Hibs over the last few years

They may ask for another on loan but I don't think it will be Christie

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
If Christie happens it wont be Perm.

Wonder also if it may be Christie or Mallan. Are they not quite similar?

Billy Whizz
Our success, or lack of it, won’t be defined by our performances against Celtic, it’s how we do in the other games.

That’s what Aberdeen have done so well recently and if we are to overtake them then turning all the draws into wins will be the easiest way to do it, Having creative players can make all the difference when trying to break down stubborn defences that park the bus against us.

I know that, but if we were to get them in say a Scottish cup final, then we can’t play them. Got to be a big negative
So permanent or don’t do business with them LD

givescotlandfreedom
29-05-2018, 08:24 AM
McGinn for Leigh and Allan or they can bolt.

Not In The Know
29-05-2018, 08:25 AM
The overvaluation of Scott Allan is key here. Celtic basically want shot of him and no one in the UK would pay £500,000 for him and if thats the value they attribute to him then then we are loosing out on cash.

We really should be looking for at least £4m for SJM.

Kato
29-05-2018, 08:38 AM

We beat Celtic without their last loan to us.

Ozyhibby
29-05-2018, 08:56 AM

Correct. Loans should be avoided if possible although I can see why they are a necessary evil sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
29-05-2018, 08:59 AM
The overvaluation of Scott Allan is key here. Celtic basically want shot of him and no one in the UK would pay £500,000 for him and if thats the value they attribute to him then then we are loosing out on cash.

We really should be looking for at least £4m for SJM.

I can totally deal with Allan being valued at £500K. On his day he is unplayable, and we couldn't get a player as good as him for less money than that - and nor would be spend that money if we could.

We have areal opportunity to get Allan here for the best years of his career - he is the key going forward. Get him back here.

J-C
29-05-2018, 09:00 AM
It's all very well people saying accept the Celtic deal if it's good enough, this is all dependant on McGinn agreeing to the same deal, I'm still of the opinion that he sees a move south the best for him.

Mikey09
29-05-2018, 09:01 AM

100% mate.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Correct. Loans should be avoided if possible although I can see why they are a necessary evil sometimes.

Loans from Scottish Clubs Ozy, no harm in loans from outside Scotland

Hibernian Verse
29-05-2018, 09:06 AM
True story:

I asked Peter Lawwell in the toilets at Hampden at half-time during the recent cup final, and he said there were no plans to sign McGinn, but that Tic fans should "watch this space" with Edouard.

Hibs4185
29-05-2018, 09:08 AM
It’s been mentioned a few times that McGinn fancies trying his hand down south. I think we should hold off and see what offers materialsise down south and then try to tie Allan up. We risk losing Allan that way but Celtic will almost certainly over inflate Allan’s value to lower the fee.

No one outside of Scotland will be overly interested in Allan and we know we are his preferred choice. We would also have the cash to do a deal but the only problem would be Celtic throwing their toys out of the Pram because we didn’t play their game.

calumhibee1
29-05-2018, 09:13 AM
2.5m plus Allan permanently and I'd take it. If they want to throw Christie in there permanently and Hayes on loan then we can call it 2m.

Unseen work
29-05-2018, 09:15 AM
3 million plus Scotty Allan would be an unbelievable deal for us.

For as much as I rate Christie, I don’t think we could justify signing him, Allan and Mallan. Especially as he will likely be on high wages.

All 3 of them are central players and can’t play out wide. I know Christie has done for Aberdeen but when he has he’s been extremely poor.

Personally think Lennon likes pace and direct players out wide. Hayes would be a terrific option or maybe the young boy Johnstone?

Or they could play a blinder and get Barker back....

brog
29-05-2018, 09:23 AM

Fact is Oz, the majority of contracts are virtually loans anyway. We were wise enough to get SJM on a 4 year deal but any contract 2 years or under is effectively no different from a loan deal. Sometimes a loan is preferable, contrast Stokes' performances for us while on loan versus this season on a contract. Like you I'd prefer everyone on staff to be 100% a Hibs player but that's just not going to happen in the near future.

mcfly
29-05-2018, 09:33 AM
We have to be realistic and consider John McGinn stays the last year of his deal and signs a pre contract in Jan.

We may get nothing for him. It’s all fine us speculating sell him to Leeds or Sunderland but if he doesn’t want to go there we can’t force him and he may decide to stay and keep the big signing on fee for himself.

Sad if this happens but may be the case.

SideBurns
I know that, but if we were to get them in say a Scottish cup final, then we can’t play them. Got to be a big negative
So permanent or don’t do business with them LD

I get your point, but without our loans from Celtic we wouldn't have won the cup in 2016. Obviously we didn't have to play them in the league that season, but both Hibs & Aberdeen beat Celtic recently when unable to pick Allan & Christie respectively. I wouldn't want several loans from any club in the same division, but reckon one player would be manageable. Allan certainly worked out in January!

Mick O'Rourke
If that happens fantastic deal let's bare in mind they have been quite helpful to Hibs over the last few years

And Hibernian have been quite"helpful" to them since 1888 :fuming:

Greenworld
29-05-2018, 09:40 AM
And Hibernian have been quite"helpful" to them since 1888 :fuming:LoL I can't go that far back but I get your point.

We can be good for each other [emoji3][emoji3]

brog
29-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Not sure you have cause to worry about Rod Petrie not getting us the best deal he can for Hibs.

Petrie's reputation as a negotiator is IMO very overstated. I know 100% he was going to accept about £4m for the twins until John Collins forcefully persuaded him otherwise. We ended up getting £4.4m for Scotty alone. Similarly RP was going to hawk Fletch for about £1.5m until JC "persuaded" Rod to make Fletch our highest paid player & sign a new contract. In total we've received about £5m for Fletch now. Those transfers were 10 years ago & while values elsewhere have gone through the roof, they remain our highest ever monies received. TBF to The Tache he learned a lot from those deals but, IMO, he remains far better at securing players for good value rather than getting the best value out of selling players. Of course a lot of it is down to the continually disparaging way in which our game is viewed, mostly down south but by plenty of people in Scotland including on this board. If anyone watched Rotherham-Shrewsbury on Sunday they would have seen 2 appalling teams fighting to get into the Championship, a league which we're continually told is way better than ours & where reserve strikers routinely change hands for £10m plus. Personally I hope SJM goes south & that we have a large sell on clause because his value will soar in that arena.

SideBurns
29-05-2018, 09:49 AM
And Hibernian have been quite"helpful" to them since 1888 :fuming:

Aye, Celtic have always done what is in their own best interests. If their loans of recent seasons have been "helpful" to us then they have also played a big part in preventing The Huns winning the Scottish Cup and finishing second in the league - a good result on both counts for Celtic, I would suggest! They also pulled the plug at the 11th hour on the Sparky loan deal, if memory serves me correct, so they only help us when it suits them.

Stevie Reid
29-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Aye, Celtic have always done what is in their own best interests. If their loans of recent seasons have been "helpful" to us then they have also played a big part in preventing The Huns winning the Scottish Cup and finishing second in the league - a good result on both counts for Celtic, I would suggest! They also pulled the plug at the 11th hour on the Sparky loan deal, if memory serves me correct, so they only help us when it suits them.

Would you expect Hibs to help another club if it didn't suit us?

Hibs1969
29-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Petrie's reputation as a negotiator is IMO very overstated. I know 100% he was going to accept about £4m for the twins until John Collins forcefully persuaded him otherwise. We ended up getting £4.4m for Scotty alone. Similarly RP was going to hawk Fletch for about £1.5m until JC "persuaded" Rod to make Fletch our highest paid player & sign a new contract. In total we've received about £5m for Fletch now. Those transfers were 10 years ago & while values elsewhere have gone through the roof, they remain our highest ever monies received. TBF to The Tache he learned a lot from those deals but, IMO, he remains far better at securing players for good value rather than getting the best value out of selling players. Of course a lot of it is down to the continually disparaging way in which our game is viewed, mostly down south but by plenty of people in Scotland including on this board. If anyone watched Rotherham-Shrewsbury on Sunday they would have seen 2 appalling teams fighting to get into the Championship, a league which we're continually told is way better than ours & where reserve strikers routinely change hands for £10m plus. Personally I hope SJM goes south & that we have a large sell on clause because his value will soar in that arena.
He also had the chance to cash in on Calderwood before he became an absolute liability but bottled it and ended up having to pay him off when his position became untenable. Hopefully he’s learned from that too.

SideBurns
29-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Would you expect Hibs to help another club if it didn't suit us?

Of course I wouldn't - it was a response to an original post before Mick's saying we should remember they "...have been quite helpful to us". My point is that it isn't out of the goodness of their hearts (despite all the JKB seethe suggesting they just like assisting their "cousins" - which I find very funny, tbh!).

Stevie Reid
29-05-2018, 10:52 AM
Of course I wouldn't - it was a response to an original post before Mick's saying we should remember they "...have been quite helpful to us". My point is that it isn't out of the goodness of their hearts (despite all the JKB seethe suggesting they just like assisting their "cousins" - which I find very funny, tbh!).

Fair enough man :aok:

Oh aye, JKB is always good for a laugh :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
29-05-2018, 10:54 AM

my thoughts exactly whilst watching the game, Shrewsbury were absolutely dreadful, richie towell and the defender that got the goals were the better performers for Rotherham, beckles performance for shrews was quite possibly the worst performance i've ever witnessed from a professional footballer, the boy was just pure rank

hibees 7062
29-05-2018, 11:05 AM
3 million Allan permanent and McGinn back on loan for a season . Now that's a deal

Brooster
29-05-2018, 11:20 AM
3 million Allan permanent and McGinn back on loan for a season . Now that's a deal

Plus Christie on loan......lets reach for the stars!!

Hibernian Verse
29-05-2018, 11:25 AM
LoL I can't go that far back but I get your point.

We can be good for each other [emoji3][emoji3]

You're going to be misquoted over and over again today on Kickback :greengrin

Not In The Know
29-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Dont forget Peter Lawwell cant stand Pertie. So a deal will not be easy.

JimBHibees
29-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Dont forget Peter Lawwell cant stand Pertie. So a deal will not be easy.

Not so sure about that. IMO what Lawwell says in private and public can be different.

3pm
29-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Plus Christie on loan......lets reach for the stars!!

More realistic getting Christie on loan for a year than getting SJM back.

greenlex
29-05-2018, 12:08 PM
I don’t remember Fletch going for anywhere near than amount.

Stevie Reid
29-05-2018, 12:12 PM

I think sell on fees have maybe been added.

cabbageandribs1875
29-05-2018, 12:28 PM

3m transfer fee to burnley and an extra 1m sell-on when burnley sold him to wolves

Keith_M
29-05-2018, 12:43 PM

We took 5 points in the four games against Celtc last season.

The same number of points we got in games against Hearts and more than we did against Aberdeen.

oneone73
29-05-2018, 12:46 PM

The same number of points we got in games against Hearts and more than we did against Aberdeen.

Didn't we get 7 points against Hearts?

SideBurns
29-05-2018, 12:47 PM

We took 7 points off Hertz, naw? I was a wee bit tired and emotional at both the gemmes I think we won, so could be wrong.

Keith_M
29-05-2018, 12:48 PM
We took 7 points off Hertz, naw? I was a wee bit tired and emotional at both the gemmes I think we won, so could be wrong.

You're right, sorry

:drunk:

Oscar T Grouch
29-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Personally I'd rather chop my nuts off with a rusty butter knife than sell SJM to Celtc. I hope SJM's ambitions lie away from Scotland. I would hate to see him run out at ER with a celtc top on. I think we will get a number of offers for him this closed season and I hope he picks what is best for his career and despite celtc being guaranteed European football each year, I still think a move to a high end Championship team or a low to mid-table EPL team would be his choice. We need to try and get a sell on clause in there cause I think he has a great future ahead of him.

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2018, 01:18 PM

But say Allan and Christie are both worth £500K. That makes total transfer figure £3m. Which means we'd have to give St Mirren £1m (assuming they are due 30%).

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Sell SJM for 2M. Get him back for the rest of the season whilst getting Scotty on a perm, and one of Morgan/Hayes/Christie on loam

ancient hibee
29-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Why on earth would McGinn sign for Celtic and then come back to Hibs for a season.He knows that it will be difficult enough for him to get a regular game for them without immediately spending part of his contract back at ER.

jodjam
29-05-2018, 01:48 PM
This place will go into meltdown if the fee for McGinn is undisclosed

bingo70
29-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Why on earth would McGinn sign for Celtic and then come back to Hibs for a season.He knows that it will be difficult enough for him to get a regular game for them without immediately spending part of his contract back at ER.

Of course he won’t be coming back on loan.

I’ve no idea why people keep mentioning it as a possibility but it’s close to finding itself in the pet peeves thread.

Wilson
29-05-2018, 01:56 PM

I’ve no idea why people keep mentioning it as a possibility but it’s close to finding itself in the pet peeves thread.

Because they have form for signing players and loaning them out? Christie. Morgan. Plus, if they genuinely see him as the lynchpin of their midfield when Scott Brown retires, and Scott Brown isn't done yet, then signing him now and loaning him back might be their best option.

The alternative is to lose him to England and buy him back for double or triple the price in a season or so.

The Leith Dutch
29-05-2018, 01:57 PM
It’s been mentioned a few times that McGinn fancies trying his hand down south. I think we should hold off and see what offers materialsise down south and then try to tie Allan up. We risk losing Allan that way but Celtic will almost certainly over inflate Allan’s value to lower the fee.

No one outside of Scotland will be overly interested in Allan and we know we are his preferred choice. We would also have the cash to do a deal but the only problem would be Celtic throwing their toys out of the Pram because we didn’t play their game.

If they're going to do it then Celtic will overinflate Allan's worth either way though.

Either to lower what they give us for McGinn or to raise what they take from his transfer fee to a different club.

Hibeewilly
29-05-2018, 02:00 PM
At least if its undisclosed other clubs won't know the money we have to spend and try and hold us to ransom if we go for their players

bingo70
29-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Because they have form for signing players and loaning them out? Christie. Morgan. Plus, if they genuinely see him as the lynchpin of their midfield when Scott Brown retires, and Scott Brown isn't done yet, then signing him now and loaning him back might be their best option.

The alternative is to lose him to England and buy him back for double or triple the price in a season or so.

Those players were bought at significantly earlier periods in their development. They were bought on the cheap more for their potential than anything, John Mcginn is a full international that is attracting the interest of a number of big clubs and will cost a lot of money.

It’s a completely different scenario.

allezsauzee
29-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Really don't want to see SJM going to Celtic. Don't want him playing against us and also I think he can improve much more if he plays in England. Celtic aren't going to get much of a fee for Allan because unlikely to go back to England and I'm not really that fussed for Christie, so I'd want a cash deal. I would assume that if we take a part exchange that a cash amount would need to be allocated to the player and St Mirren would get their share of that. We might be better off doing them all as separate deals if that is the case.

J-C
29-05-2018, 02:28 PM

You think McGinn isn't capable of being better than Brown is now, does McGinn want to go to Celtic and play understudy to Brown for another 2 seasons, probably not. He's a full international player now and he sees himself down south rather than Celtic, going west is an easy option for him and he doesn't see it as a challenge.

Captain Trips
29-05-2018, 02:37 PM

How much did they spend on those 2 players though? SJM if goes to Celtic will feel he is good enough to start going on loan IMO is not an option I believe.

brog
29-05-2018, 02:47 PM
3m transfer fee to burnley and an extra 1m sell-on when burnley sold him to wolves

We also got a % when Wolves sold him to Sunderland for £12m

Del Boy
29-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Was obviously going to happen, especially if you heard Scott Brown’s recent interview on radio scotland talking McGinn up. It’s the way Celtic do their business.

Think it’s an absolute certainty that he’ll be a Celtic player by the start of next season.

Onion
29-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Was obviously going to happen, especially if you heard Scott Brown’s recent interview on radio scotland talking McGinn up. It’s the way Celtic do their business.

Think it’s an absolute certainty that he’ll be a Celtic player by the start of next season.

McGinn is an ambitious young man with a good head on his shoulders. He's attracted interest from across the UK. Nothing certain about him going to Celtic.

Would love to see a young Scots player go down South and play a big part in the EPL or upper Champ side. We have so few.

hibees 7062
29-05-2018, 03:21 PM

Why not ? They did it with St Mirren . He's got more chance of a game than Morgan

hibees 7062
29-05-2018, 03:22 PM

Exactly right

Johnny_Leith
29-05-2018, 03:28 PM
McGinn to Celtic and then returning in loan is the stuff of fantasy. Wishful thinking.

McGinn to Celtic for cash plus Scott Allan is much more likely. There's been persistent rumours from decent sources for a few months now it's been a done deal. I'm hopeful that he still goes down south.

Stevie Reid
29-05-2018, 03:42 PM

There must be a good chance that it will be. Hibs won't want the clubs of any potential targets to know how much money we have.

brog
29-05-2018, 03:48 PM
my thoughts exactly whilst watching the game, Shrewsbury were absolutely dreadful, richie towell and the defender that got the goals were the better performers for Rotherham, beckles performance for shrews was quite possibly the worst performance i've ever witnessed from a professional footballer, the boy was just pure rank

I agree, I was actually embarrassed for him. Playing guys onside while standing with his hand in the air seemed to be his trademark move.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2018, 04:30 PM

Del Boy, where can you see him playing in the Celtic team, and ahead of who as a 1st pick?
Don’t want John going there to sit on the bench, would be a waste for him!

JimBHibees
29-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Del Boy, where can you see him playing in the Celtic team, and ahead of who as a 1st pick?
Don’t want John going there to sit on the bench, would be a waste for him!

Easily as good as nitcham

Billy Whizz
29-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Easily as good as nitcham

He is, but Nitcham is a great holder of the ball.
Can’t see him replacing him, but just my opinion

ancient hibee
29-05-2018, 04:43 PM
S

Why not ? They did it with St Mirren . He's got more chance of a game than Morgan

Think you are missing my point.It’s not Celtic who won’t want to loan him,it’s McGinn who won’t want loaned.

3pm
29-05-2018, 05:04 PM
S
Think you are missing my point.It’s not Celtic who won’t want to loan him,it’s McGinn who won’t want loaned.

Celtic won’t want to loan him either IMO.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2018, 05:14 PM
If McGinn was to go to Celtic in the window, he may already be Cup ties in the Europa league, which Celtic could end up being in.

Sure they’ll be wanting to sort this out quickly then, but it might not suit Hibs, who’ll want him for our 1st games!

ancient hibee
29-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Celtic won’t want to loan him either IMO.
He won't want to go either IMO:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
29-05-2018, 05:21 PM
If McGinn was to go to Celtic in the window, he may already be Cup ties in the Europa league, which Celtic could end up being in.

Sure they’ll be wanting to sort this out quickly then, but it might not suit Hibs, who’ll want him for our 1st games!
Doesn't work like that anymore. He would be able to play no problem.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Doesn't work like that anymore. He would be able to play no problem.

New rule is a bit complicated

weecounty hibby
29-05-2018, 05:37 PM
I know it is inevitable that he moves unfortunately and I believe he will go on to great things wherever he goes. But the day he comes back to ER wearing a celtic strip will be a sad sad day for me as a hibby. I hope it never happens and he, like Fletcher, has a good career in England

Stantons Angel
29-05-2018, 05:42 PM
McGinn for Leigh and Allan or they can bolt.

thats a good one!

But could we afford all those wages?

jacomo
29-05-2018, 05:51 PM

They owe their existence to Hibs and have robbed us plenty over the years.

They have barely begun to pay their historic debt to Hibs. Frankly, giving us Leigh and Scotty for free still wouldn’t cover it.

A Hi-Bee
29-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Think this is going to be a race over the jumps and we are not going to know the result until the finish line.
Good luck to John wherever he ends up.

tamig
29-05-2018, 10:30 PM

Some absolute fantasists on this thread with some of the numbers and deals being discussed. As ridiculous a thread as I’ve ever seen on here. The boy has a year left on his contract ffs! 😂

jacomo
30-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Do you mean that you will go into meltdown if the fee is undisclosed?

There is a clear competitive advantage in not declaring income from transfer fees. I think most fans understand that.

Mick O'Rourke
30-05-2018, 12:45 PM
We also got a % when Wolves sold him to Sunderland for £12m

I think that the transfer negotiations/future contracts regarding Steven Fletcher was,without doubt, a very good bit of business for the Club.

Added to that,i understand that Steven passed a substantial amount of his fee back to Hibernian to be spent on youth development.

If SJM does leave this summer,and we know St Mirren will get a share of any fee,i hope Hibernian seek a similar % from any future transfer of John.