PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray Sports Agency signs deals with Ryan Porteous and Fraser Murray

28-05-2018, 09:59 AM
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Andy_Murray/55507/andy-murray-sports-agency-signs-deals-with-two-footballers/

Congratulations Ryan and Fraser. Hopefully will be great for them and for Hibs.

Wonder if Jamie Maclaren, Kamberi and Scotty Allan need a new agent.

Stevie Reid
28-05-2018, 03:07 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44281264

Billy Whizz
28-05-2018, 03:15 PM
I’m trying to work out what exactly this means?
Are Ryan and Fraser managed by one of 77 Sports Managements agents, but
Article says they’ll work with existing Hibs coaches?

tamig
28-05-2018, 03:20 PM

Yes agents and coaches have totally different roles. Where’s the confusion?

Heisenberg
28-05-2018, 03:20 PM

Here’s an explanation of the company from him, don’t think they’ll be involved in the football side, more just an agent kind of relationship looking after the players properly.

Murray set up 77 Sports Management, an offshoot of the group that looks after him. It intends to provide recruits with access to the player himself as well as much of the set-up around him - personnel, sports science, nutrition, facilities, commercial opportunities and more.

"If there's anything they, their family, or anyone around them wants to ask or talk to me about, then that's what I'll do," he adds.

"I don't want to be imposing my views or ideas on anyone. But I think that's one of the nice things about having an athlete as part of the management company.

"Often the people in management companies haven't played the sport or been athletes themselves, so hopefully that's a little extra thing I can add."

Great exposure for Hibs and a fantastic opportunity for our young players to learn from a great sportsman.

lyonhibs
28-05-2018, 03:26 PM
It doesn't mean they'll be removed from East Mains to work on their backhand drop shot :faf:

It's just signing a deal with a new agent. I like the idea of someone with the success rate and work ethic as Andy Murray having even a little bit to do with 2 of our young prospects

Billy Whizz
28-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Yes agents and coaches have totally different roles. Where’s the confusion?

I understand the agent bit, just couldn’t work out where the working with coaches bit, fitted in

DaveF
28-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Getting access to Andy Murray and tapping into his wealth of experience which has saw him reach the top of his professional sport can only be good news for these 2.

where'stheslope
28-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Getting access to Andy Murray and tapping into his wealth of experience which has saw him reach the top of his professional sport can only be good news for these 2.
Sorry, but as agents Andy will have nothing to do with the players only getting them better deals if they become top class players!

He may give them some advice on diet and the like, but most of this can be found in glossy magazines!

As long as it does not end up costing Hibs in any later deals, then fine, but agents tend only to look out for themselves so I won't hold my breath!!!!

BonnieFitbaTeam
28-05-2018, 03:58 PM
It's just signing a deal with a new agent. I like the idea of someone with the success rate and work ethic as Andy Murray having even a little bit to do with 2 of our young prospects[/QUOTE]

It seems to be a bit more than that going by the article on BBC website. Very positive indeed [emoji106]

tamig
28-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Sorry, but as agents Andy will have nothing to do with the players only getting them better deals if they become top class players!

He may give them some advice on diet and the like, but most of this can be found in glossy magazines!

As long as it does not end up costing Hibs in any later deals, then fine, but agents tend only to look out for themselves so I won't hold my breath!!!!

Did you read the article? It doesn’t appear so.

BonnieFitbaTeam
28-05-2018, 04:03 PM

Jesus H Christ, what a dreadfully negative response to very positive news. Perhaps you should try reading the article. [emoji849]

Billy Whizz
28-05-2018, 04:10 PM
It's just signing a deal with a new agent. I like the idea of someone with the success rate and work ethic as Andy Murray having even a little bit to do with 2 of our young prospects

It seems to be a bit more than that going by the article on BBC website. Very positive indeed [emoji106][/QUOTE]
That’s why I’m asking what it all entails

makaveli1875
28-05-2018, 04:11 PM
Im sure i read somewhere that Murray was a promising footballer , 1 of the ugly sisters wanted to sign him as a youngster

28-05-2018, 04:21 PM

Andy's made his fortune so hopefully it is more about helping youngsters make the right choices and not just chasing the money. It might see them stay a season or 2 longer than they otherwise would.

Stuart93
28-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Wait until he see's all the good work we're and decides to invest some of his millions

Greencore
28-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Im sure i read somewhere that Murray was a promising footballer , 1 of the ugly sisters wanted to sign him as a youngster

rangers and I believe he was a striker.

overdrive
28-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Are we sure it is even an agent type relationship? I read an article about this the other day where Porteous said he doesn’t even have an agent and doesn’t need one at the moment. A bit of a strange thing to say if you’ve just signed to an agent.

G B Young
28-05-2018, 08:05 PM

A curiously negative take on it. Did you read the BBC interview? Murray describes it as "a natural and authentic partnership" with Hibs and makes clear they've linked up with the club due to the fact the Murray family are long-standing fans.

In other words it's an agreement which must have come about in negotiation with the club and to me it sounds like an exciting move. Who wouldn't benefit from having access to help from Britain's greatest ever sportsman? I remember Alan Stubbs spending time with the GB Davis Cup team as he wanted the chance to pick the Murray brothers' brains, so IMHO it's brilliant that this has come about because Andy's a Hibby.

Here's more about what Andy's company does. He comes across very well and there's a great deal more to this than simply being an agent:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42151712