PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Pages : 1 [2]

neil7908
23-09-2021, 11:56 AM
Henderson :aok:

https://youtu.be/qq96liyoqNo

2m15s

So happy for him. Does anyone know if he's playing regularly for them? If so you'd think a Scotland call up can't too far off.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2021, 12:18 PM
So happy for him. Does anyone know if he's playing regularly for them? If so you'd think a Scotland call up can't too far off.

If Clarke isnt calling up Gauld, he definitely won't be calling up Liam sadly. Gauld has been playing brilliant for 18 months.

Cat Stanton
23-09-2021, 12:19 PM
Henderson :aok:

https://youtu.be/qq96liyoqNo

2m15s

What a strike.

Also, I see he is taking the corners too (delivering!)

davhibby
23-09-2021, 12:25 PM
If Clarke isnt calling up Gauld, he definitely won't be calling up Liam sadly. Gauld has been playing brilliant for 18 months.

I’d say he’d probably have more chance, he’s playing in a top 5 league. Clark won’t see Henderson and Gauld as similar players though. Gauld would play like Christie does up top for Clark, Hendo would be a midfield option. Unfortunately for him we’re very well stocked in midfield

Callyballybe
23-09-2021, 03:04 PM
Good to see he's playing in Serie A. Is he back at Empoli on loan? Last I checked he was with Lecce on a permanent basis (i.e. not loaned to them.)

Saint Hibee
31-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Liam delivers in the 93rd minute (again) to give Empolli victory away to Sassuolo.

01-11-2021, 07:59 AM
Surprised he hasn't had a Scotland call up yet.

cameronw-hfc
01-11-2021, 09:36 AM
I’d say he’d probably have more chance, he’s playing in a top 5 league. Clark won’t see Henderson and Gauld as similar players though. Gauld would play like Christie does up top for Clark, Hendo would be a midfield option. Unfortunately for him we’re very well stocked in midfield

Tbf Gauld hasn't been a #10 or playing higher up the pitch for a while now. Much more of a traditional box to box nowadays

Jones28
01-11-2021, 09:42 AM
Surprised he hasn't had a Scotland call up yet.

He'd maybe be in with a shot of replacing McGregor.

loanheadhibby
01-11-2021, 09:01 PM
And yet he looked so average with us.
I know we were having a poor spell when he was on loan here.

bigwheel
01-11-2021, 09:03 PM
And yet he looked so average with us.
I know we were having a poor spell when he was on loan here.

He didn’t really…he was just finding some form, and then got injured. He then never really got any decent game time after that. Was obvious to many that he had the tools….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy74
01-11-2021, 09:05 PM
He didn’t really…he was just finding some form, and then got injured. He then never really got any decent game time after that. Was obvious to may that he had the tools….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He has ability but if he is going to continue to play in pretty weak leagues he won’t be getting considered for Scotland squads

Since452
02-11-2021, 05:35 AM
He has ability but if he is going to continue to play in pretty weak leagues he won’t be getting considered for Scotland squads

That is the problem for him.

worcesterhibby
02-11-2021, 07:51 AM

It doesn't stop those playing for Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts

hibby rae
02-11-2021, 08:03 AM
It doesn't stop those playing for Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts

Do you work for Talk Sport? 😉

Saint Hibee
09-01-2022, 04:31 PM
Liam scores for Empoli in Serie A this afternoon (despite the fact they got pumped).

Cat Stanton
25-04-2022, 02:24 PM
Ewan not the only Henderson scoring for his club at the weekend - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlOj14jYuU.

Bit of comedy goalkeeping for the second one too

judas
26-04-2022, 06:00 AM
From what I can see Liam features in a slight majority of games, which may be as much about squad rotation as anything.

Not a thorough analysis by me. More cursory.

Onceinawhile
26-04-2022, 07:37 AM
2-0 down, he comes on and scores and they win 3-2.

That's a cracking turnaround for the lad.

Must be the first time two scots have scored in Serie A on the same day.

Mibbes Aye
26-04-2022, 05:52 PM
From what I can see Liam features in a slight majority of games, which may be as much about squad rotation as anything.

Not a thorough analysis by me. More cursory.

Empoli feature a lot (feels like disproportionately a lot) on BT Sport and I usually try to catch some or all of the game if I can.

He has featured in pretty much every game for them this season. He starts a number of games and will get the full 90 from time to time but there is a fair bit of rotation involved in other matches. The Empoli manager seems quite fond of a triple sub in midfield around the hour mark, so sometimes he is exiting and other times he is entering play round about 60 minutes.

Whenever I've seen him play, he's looked tidy enough. Empoli seem to funnel the ball through a couple of their strongest players in the middle, with Henderson making supporting runs and showing for the ball in what is probably best described as an inside left position. He tracks back when the opponents are in possession but keeps in that same channel.

I've seen him sometimes doing the same job on the right, but probably more often on the left. And he takes loads of set pieces, including corners, from both sides of the pitch, although Empoli don't really have a player in the SDG mould - a glaring omission on the part of the Tuscan azzurri...