PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yams Skint

Ozyhibby
28-05-2018, 07:09 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-cancel-summer-training-trip-to-germany-1-4745623/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Trip wasn’t working out the way Levein wanted. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Col2
28-05-2018, 07:23 AM
“You know what your getting” Potter explains when referring to staying at home.

Our manager is raging as we were pipped to 2nd. Potter just oozes ambition doesn’t he? Feels like he is targeting a top 6 finish at best. These pesky stands don’t pay for themselves, and the pitch etc.....

Fuzzywuzzy
28-05-2018, 07:32 AM
There will be a few fans raging if they've booked trips round that

Jim44
28-05-2018, 07:37 AM
True to form, the first thing mentioned on their ‘passports away for another year’ thread was how we would interepret their parsimony. Mind you they were right.:greengrin

Scott Allan Key
28-05-2018, 07:46 AM
Sometimes when you go abroad, you might eat a dodgy Bratwürst and spend several days on the toilet ****ting yourself.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2018, 07:50 AM
True to form, the first thing mentioned on their ‘passports away for another year’ thread was how we would interepret their parsimony. Mind you they were right.:greengrin

I took my thread title from that very post. [emoji6][emoji23]

lapsedhibee
28-05-2018, 08:00 AM
'going abroad has complications' :faf: :faf:

Aye, you have to remember to put a striker on the plane.

JimBHibees
28-05-2018, 08:06 AM

To Germany.? :greengrin :faf::faf:

Bostonhibby
28-05-2018, 08:33 AM
So they've failed to get to Europe even when they are paying for it themselves.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thecat23
28-05-2018, 08:42 AM
They would be losing a lot of money they don’t have by going away, flights, accommodation etc.. Hearts are skint and that’s not me having a dig they really need to save every penny so this isn’t a surprise to be honest.

Money they save could go on another Cole “the goal” Stockton 😁

Big_Franck
28-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Seems a sensible move from the Saviles. With the money they'll save they can sign another one of Inverness Caley's subs.

Sioux
28-05-2018, 09:07 AM
The comfort blanket being rolled out is that they have world class facilities of their own, the best in Scotland.

Aye ok.

Deansy
28-05-2018, 09:13 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-cancel-summer-training-trip-to-germany-1-4745623/amp?__twitter_impression=true

'It wasn’t working out the way I would’ve liked'

Confirmation that the Germans, as per their reputation, are thorough and leave nothing to chance - quick credit-check and -

'Cash - up front, Herr Potter'

Cue quick phone-call to 'All-is' ................

Sir David Gray
28-05-2018, 09:30 AM
So does that mean it really is no Hearts in Europe then?

The Spaceman
28-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Hahaha. Yet again the ostriches will bury their heads in the sand and make this out to be some whimsical, inspired decision when, in fact, they are completely and utterly skint.

Look forward to seeing what further inspired signings they make this window. Next season they might manage to keep the gap under 15 points.

28-05-2018, 09:35 AM

Ted Striker?

The not going away bit makes sense to me (particularly for us after Portugal in Jan) and 3 weeks isn't long right enough. The explanation is a bit woolly though, it wasn't being organised the way he wanted? Is that not one of his jobs as DoF to organise it? Wonder if Levein the Head Coach had and argument with Levein the DoF, Gollum style.

Anyone know how long before our Europa League game our guys return to training? We should get them back a week early to assess their fitness and anyone whose fitness has slipped a bit too much should have to go back early for 2 or 3 sessions. Those who have kept themselves in reasonable shape gets the week off before pre-season officially starts.

Bostonhibby
28-05-2018, 09:37 AM
They would be losing a lot of money they don’t have by going away, flights, accommodation etc.. Hearts are skint and that’s not me having a dig they really need to save every penny so this isn’t a surprise to be honest.

Money they save could go on another Cole “the goal” Stockton 😁

How can they be skint though? I am forever reading about all this FOH money they.ve got and how it enables them to do so much more than mere mortals?:wink:

28-05-2018, 09:40 AM
I see Jack Hamilton has left them to go to Dundee. With Mclaughlin likely to leave too looks like they might be implementing one of Cathro's plans. Remove the goalposts so no need for keepers.

G B Young
28-05-2018, 10:34 AM
The fact Hibs aren't heading abroad pre-season probably tipped Hearts' decision not to go away either. If we'd been going they'd probably have pulled out all the stops to make sure they weren't seen to be cutting costs. Difference is Hibs have some Europa League travelling to look forward to...

Bristolhibby
28-05-2018, 10:40 AM
How can they be skint though? I am forever reading about all this FOH money they.ve got and how it enables them to do so much more than mere mortals?:wink:

They are laying a million pound pitch. That will take a massive bite out of their player and training budget.

J

grunt
28-05-2018, 10:43 AM
They are laying a million pound pitch. That will take a massive bite out of their player and training budget.

J
Didn't they spend money on a new pitch just a couple of years ago?

SouthMoroccoStu
28-05-2018, 11:11 AM
I would laugh like a drain if the pitches at the Watt were booked out

Because they don’t own their own training facilities you know.

You would think a big team like hearts would have their own training facilities but...

hibbyfraelibby
28-05-2018, 11:19 AM
OK so they might be skint but it could also be that the teams they were lining up didn't want to expose their players to agricultural football or shrink the dimensions of their pitch. German Sontag Beir Garten League sides are fussy that way.

GreenLake
28-05-2018, 11:55 AM

The field of barley he had booked for training games was apparently straddled with two electricity pylons and the cables hung below his 400ft tactical ceiling.

Michael
28-05-2018, 12:26 PM
Apparently Hearts have the best training facilities in Scotland. Funny, because last time I checked they didn't have any.

lapsedhibee
28-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Apparently Hearts have the best training facilities in Scotland. Funny, because last time I checked they didn't have any.
What? They own the Oriam.

guthrie01
28-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Looks like Budge forgot to book the seats for the flight

The Modfather
28-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Using Kickback logic, doesn’t this mean they are struggling big time and financial worries are just round the corner?

Tick tock... etc etc

Keith_M
28-05-2018, 01:23 PM

I'm confused, how does this mean Hearts are skint?

28-05-2018, 01:35 PM
What? They own the Oriam.

Probably what they tell potential new players they show around and because the local community is so important to them they let the general public use it too.

Jack Hackett
28-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Probably what they tell potential new players they show around and because the local community is so important to them they let the general public use it too.

As they clearly showed 5 years ago

Sweet Left Peg
28-05-2018, 01:48 PM
The fact Hibs aren't heading abroad pre-season probably tipped Hearts' decision not to go away either. If we'd been going they'd probably have pulled out all the stops to make sure they weren't seen to be cutting costs. Difference is Hibs have some Europa League travelling to look forward to...

If we were heading off for pre-season training in Tenerife, they would be booked up for Elevenerife.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2018, 02:46 PM
I'm confused, how does this mean Hearts are skint?

Unable to afford to take a full squad away for a couple of weeks, pay for hotels, training facilities, flights etc for about 25-30 people.

sleeping giant
28-05-2018, 03:30 PM
If we were heading off for pre-season training in Tenerife, they would be booked up for Elevenerife.

:greengrin:

danhibees1875
28-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Unable to afford to take a full squad away for a couple of weeks, pay for hotels, training facilities, flights etc for about 25-30 people.

Didn't we make the same decision though?

I'm sure I read a thread last week saying how smart it was for us to just train in Scotland due to the lost training days involved in going somewhere else.

brog
28-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Those dastardly Germans probably called up Il Ciocco hotel in Barga, Tuscany where Yams previously stayed during pre season training. How were your famous guests they inquired. Oh, they were fine, was the response, except they did a runner one morning & failed to pay their £11,000 bill. We chased them for months but never received payment. Seriously, Il Ciocco is part of the Marriott chain who I believe continue to blacklist the famous, or more appropriately, the infamous! Perhaps their infamy has spread.

Jack
28-05-2018, 03:54 PM
They got thumped by a German 2nd division club in a recent friendly, winter break???

They probably couldn't find another German club who thought it worth there while playing them.

Found it FC Nürnberg 5 Yams 0

brog
28-05-2018, 03:58 PM

I'm sure I read a thread last week saying how smart it was for us to just train in Scotland due to the lost training days involved in going somewhere else.

Ours was driven by the fact we'll be playing in Europe in mid July. Yams are staying home to prepare for their Betfred cup tie with Cove Rangers!

Soldiersteve
28-05-2018, 04:00 PM
OK so they might be skint but it could also be that the teams they were lining up didn't want to expose their players to agricultural football or shrink the dimensions of their pitch. German Sontag Beir Garten League sides are fussy that way.

:agree::cb

banarc7062
28-05-2018, 04:33 PM
I would laugh like a drain if the pitches at the Watt were booked out

Because they don’t own their own training facilities you know.

You would think a big team like hearts would have their own training facilities but...

Did they ever pay the vast outstanding amount to Herriot Watt for "their training facilities" ? GGTTH

HibbyAndy
28-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Did they ever pay the vast outstanding amount to Herriot Watt for "their training facilities" ? GGTTH

Did they **** , They bumped every single creditor they were due money to , Bumped the likes of Arbroath for 15K , Absolutely no shame

Keith_M
28-05-2018, 04:52 PM

That's not what the article says, hence my question.

Plus Hibs are doing exactly the same thing.

HibbyAndy
28-05-2018, 04:55 PM

I don't think Hibs ever said they were going abroad for preseason unlike Hearts ?

Sioux
28-05-2018, 05:10 PM

Hibs had no intention of going abroad this year. Hertz did. They made arrangements to go which they cancelled at late notice. They now say that staying home is the better idea, even though it wasn't the better idea a few weeks or months ago when the trip was planned. Hertz are skint. Today provides more evidence of that, on top of the pile of crap they have signed up for next season.

But you know all of this and are peddling the hertz cause to get a reaction. Now you've got your reaction, I hope it has made your day.

HibbyAndy
28-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Hibs had no intention of going abroad this year. Hertz did. They made arrangements to go which they cancelled at late notice. They now say that staying home is the better idea, even though it wasn't the better idea a few weeks or months ago when the trip was planned. Hertz are skint. Today provides more evidence of that, on top of the pile of crap they have signed up for next season.

But you know all of this and are peddling the hertz cause to get a reaction. Now you've got your reaction, I hope it has made your day.

Agree with every single word.

Jim44
28-05-2018, 05:15 PM
On a thread where it’s clear that we are just having a wee cheap dig and laugh at their expense, without factual accuracy, justification or not, why do some folk leap to their defense, and spoil the ‘petty’ banter?

iwasthere1972
28-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Didn't they spend money on a new pitch just a couple of years ago?

Yes. They were busy confirming the order when they were leading 2-0 against us in the Scottish Cup as the income from the next round and visits to Hampden before lifting the cup would have paid for it five times over. They tried to cancel it when a certain Mr Hanlon made it 2-2 but were unable to.

HibbyAndy
28-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Yes. They were busy confirming the order when they were leading 2-0 against us in the Scottish Cup as the income from the next round and visits to Hampden before lifting the cup would have paid for it five times over. They tried to cancel it when a certain Mr Hanlon made it 2-2 but were unable to.

Was that the game where we 'hibsed it ' ?

iwasthere1972
28-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Was that the game where we 'hibsed it ' ?

That's the one Andy.

Jim44
28-05-2018, 05:48 PM

Did they **** , They bumped every single creditor they were due money to , Bumped the likes of Arbroath for 15K , Absolutely no shame

I’ve made this point before, although I am not really sure of my facts and might get put in my place. They were not in default of payment to Herriot Watt because, as a publicly funded university, they were in fact cheating joe public of the many thousands of pounds. It beggars belief, ( very Sevco, I know ) that they were invited back there with open arms. A bit of political skullduggery there if you ask me.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2018, 05:51 PM
I’ve made this point before, although I am not really sure of my facts and might get put in my place. They were not in default of payment to Herriot Watt because, as a publicly funded university, they were in fact cheating joe public of the many thousands of pounds. It beggars belief, ( very Sevco, I know ) that they were invited back there with open arms. A bit of political skullduggery there if you ask me.Been said many times before. It's very unlikely that HWU could have filled the gap had HMFC been refused use. That's the commercial reality.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

28-05-2018, 06:03 PM
I’ve made this point before, although I am not really sure of my facts and might get put in my place. They were not in default of payment to Herriot Watt because, as a publicly funded university, they were in fact cheating joe public of the many thousands of pounds. It beggars belief, ( very Sevco, I know ) that they were invited back there with open arms. A bit of political skullduggery there if you ask me.

The £28.5M list of 200 unpaid creditors had Heriot Watt as due £145K. Didn't pay for use of the facilities as they'd maybe convinced themselves that they own them, like they've done with half their fans.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Just to be clear, I'm not saying this is my view. I'm just pointing out how logical it is to come to the OP's conclusion.

Bostonhibby
28-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Been said many times before. It's very unlikely that HWU could have filled the gap had HMFC been refused use. That's the commercial reality.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkAgree but it's not very commercial to let them off with payment for so long and apparently do very little to pursue it for so long. I've always been in the political skulduggery camp on this one.

lapsedhibee
28-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Hibs had no intention of going abroad this year. Hertz did. They made arrangements to go which they cancelled at late notice. They now say that staying home is the better idea, even though it wasn't the better idea a few weeks or months ago when the trip was planned. Hertz are skint.

Uncanny similarity to when they were trying to get a new manager, and after interviewing they found that there were complications (anyone half decent told them to ram it, perhaps?) and suddenly an in-house appointment was a better idea. Shambles of a club, and why don't their fans call them out for all the transparent lies they tell? Shirley some must realise? :dunno:

Eyrie
28-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Anyone know how long before our Europa League game our guys return to training? We should get them back a week early to assess their fitness and anyone whose fitness has slipped a bit too much should have to go back early for 2 or 3 sessions. Those who have kept themselves in reasonable shape gets the week off before pre-season officially starts.

Per Lennon we're back on 18 June (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-manager-neil-lennon-admits-i-get-a-bit-cranky-1-4745504).

Ozyhibby
28-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Agree but it's not very commercial to let them off with payment for so long and apparently do very little to pursue it for so long. I've always been in the political skulduggery camp on this one.

Commercial landlords take a haircut all the time when companies get into trouble. It’s probably the least surprising part of their admin.

Just Alf
28-05-2018, 07:57 PM
On a thread where it’s clear that we are just having a wee cheap dig and laugh at their expense, without factual accuracy, justification or not, why do some folk leap to their defense, and spoil the ‘petty’ banter?

spot on! :agree:

lapsedhibee
28-05-2018, 08:44 PM

I think it's Saga Noren fans.

28-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Per Lennon we're back on 18 June (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-manager-neil-lennon-admits-i-get-a-bit-cranky-1-4745504).

Thanks Eyrie. So about 3 and a half weeks before the Europa League 1st leg with the 1st preseason friendly being on 30th June. Let's hope the team can quickly get up to a good level of sharpness and we're not drawn against a team whose season is well underway.

green day
28-05-2018, 08:46 PM
I think it's Saga Noren fans.

They are just trying to build bridges.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2018, 08:50 PM
I think it's Saga Noren fans.Malmoaners.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Hiya ..... its the famous here, is that Union Berlin?

Ja

Do you fancy a friendly .... we have Christoph Berra and Kyle Laugherty in oor team

Nien .... Luftball ist scheisse

Click

29-05-2018, 07:50 AM
As they clearly showed 5 years ago

Yes and they'll soon be showing their community spirit again when they pull out all the stops to get the nursery open in time, working round the clock and getting the council to drop everything to do inspections. Anyone know what the deadline is to get it open?

Ozyhibby
29-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Yes and they'll soon be showing their community spirit again when they pull out all the stops to get the nursery open in time, working round the clock and getting the council to drop everything to do inspections. Anyone know what the deadline is to get it open?

June

hibbyfraelibby
29-05-2018, 11:03 AM
June

So next week then? This should be interesting.😁

Weststandwanab
29-05-2018, 11:38 AM
June

Which year ?

29-05-2018, 11:45 AM
So next week then? This should be interesting.😁

Or could be still a month to go. We will have to wait until 00.01 on 1st July before we throw the toys out the pram.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Looks like Budge forgot to book the seats for the flight

She should put the team up on her luxury yacht in Saint Tropez or some such, and enjoy the sight of Levein strutting about on deck in his speedo's...

Keith_M
29-05-2018, 12:49 PM

What an idiotic statement.

cocteautwin
30-05-2018, 06:48 AM

Whenever it opens it'll certainly be touted as a community victory, all because of the Hearts.

LeithSqualk
30-05-2018, 07:12 AM

Over on brokeback someone’s claiming they’re getting paid rent from the council for the nursery. I thought they only agreed to the move and build was if they provided a new one at their cost? Anyone know the truth?

Ozyhibby
30-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Over on brokeback someone’s claiming they’re getting paid rent from the council for the nursery. I thought they only agreed to the move and build was if they provided a new one at their cost? Anyone know the truth?

The council will still own the nursery I think.

Geo_1875
30-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Commercial landlords take a haircut all the time when companies get into trouble. It’s probably the least surprising part of their admin.

Commercial landlords usually rent out their premises as a place of business and may suffer themselves if they pull the plug.

HWU provided a service and allowed hertz to run up large debts. If they had pulled the plug at any time during hertz period of non-payment they would have suffered no loss and would probably have gained due to less power use, maintenance and cleaning required due to non-use of the facilities.

Somone at HWU ****ed up possibly on purpose.