PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Junior Cup Final

Scorrie
27-05-2018, 03:00 PM
For those who like their junior fitbaw the final is live on Alba now. Given that most of the east juniors have moved to senior football, the junior cup won’t be quite the same again

sambajustice
27-05-2018, 03:39 PM
For those who like their junior fitbaw the final is live on Alba now. Given that most of the east juniors have moved to senior football, the junior cup won’t be quite the same again

Whats the story there then? Why has that happened?

Mantis Toboggan
27-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Whats the story there then? Why has that happened?

Introduction of pyramid playoffs seems to be a major factor

ballengeich
27-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Introduction of pyramid playoffs seems to be a major factor

Money too. The juniors have struggled to get sponsors recently while the SFA hands down some money to non-league clubs.

There's an ex-Hibs player involved today. Hurlford keeper Ally Brown was with us at the start of his career, though he made very few appearances.

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Hurlford blow it, 2 goals for talbot in the last 2 mins

FT Auchinleck 3 hurlford 2

snooky
27-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Hurlford blow it, 2 goals for talbot in the last 2 mins

FT Auchinleck 3 hurlford 2

Damn.
I'm one of those in the "anybody but Auchinleck" camp.

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Damn.
I'm one of those in the "anybody but Auchinleck" camp.

7 appearances in the last 10 finals, winning 5 of them, it's almost a natural order in the juvenile ranks

Keith_M
27-05-2018, 08:00 PM
I don't see the point in having separate leagues for the so-called juniors anymore.

They should just merge them with the regional seniors leagues.

Scorrie
28-05-2018, 07:51 AM
I don't see the point in having separate leagues for the so-called juniors anymore.

They should just merge them with the regional seniors leagues.

That looks like what’s happening in the east. Half of the junior teams have joined the east of Scotland league to the try and get into lowland league and then SPFL 2. Bo’ness and Linlithgow haven’t gone senior yet but may have to as the big junior teams like Bonnyrigg and Newtongrange won’t be there for them to play next season.