PDA

View Full Version : Bale shows all that is wrong and right with Top level football

worcesterhibby
26-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Amazing goal..great performance...then when interviewed before they have even picked up the trophy he criticises the manager twice for not picking him from the start, then basically says he wants to leave, because he's not being picked and will be speaking to his Agent about a move !!!!

Unbelievable...no class...all about me me me...I didn't get to start..It's not fair...mah mah mah...I'm off..pathetic..quite liked Bale previously, but that was pathetic.

Lago
26-05-2018, 09:06 PM
:top marks
Amazing goal..great performance...then when interviewed before they have even picked up the trophy he criticises the manager twice for not picking him from the start, then basically says he wants to leave, because he's not being picked and will be speaking to his Agent about a move !!!!

Unbelievable...no class...all about me me me...I didn't get to start..It's not fair...mah mah mah...I'm off..pathetic..quite liked Bale previously, but that was pathetic.

overdrive
26-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Yep, my opinion of him plummeted there.

Onion
26-05-2018, 09:13 PM

Overpaid, under-educated, narcissistic, unattractive, insecure footballer in selfish rant shocker :shocked:

It's entertainment, not real life.

BlackSheep
26-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Not sure if you’ve been following la Liga lately but his recent performances have merited a start tonight and yet he is still on the bench and ultimately wins the game for Real. He has had a rubbish season simply because Zidane favours Isco over him, both are great players but when two players are so closely competitive then surely form dictates starting positions... not in Zidane’s eyes obviously.

What it sounded like to me was a come and get me plea of the most public... no one can deny it when said on live tv.

WestEndHibee
26-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Not sure if you’ve been following la Liga lately but his recent performances have merited a start tonight and yet he is still on the bench and ultimately wins the game for Real. He has had a rubbish season simply because Zidane favours Isco over him, both are great players but when two players are so closely competitive then surely form dictates starting positions... not in Zidane’s eyes obviously.

What it sounded like to me was a come and get me plea of the most public... no one can deny it when said on live tv.

What he’s failed to acknowledge though is that the manager’s tactics have won them another champions league. Regardless of whether he thought he should have started, his team won. Shockingly self centred.

Thecat23
26-05-2018, 09:17 PM

Thought it was a good and honest interview. As another poster just said he prob should have started and he’ll be gutted he wasn’t. If he’s not playing then why not put a come and get me out there after the biggest game in world football. The best players want to play every week, he’s no different and imo he was right in what he said.

Michael
26-05-2018, 09:18 PM
What he’s failed to acknowledge though is that the manager’s tactics have won them another champions league. Regardless of whether he thought he should have started, his team won. Shockingly self centred.

Exactly. Manager called it right. You scored the winning goal Gareth, lighten up.

worcesterhibby
26-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Thought it was a good and honest interview. As another poster just said he prob should have started and he’ll be gutted he wasn’t. If he’s not playing then why not put a come and get me out there after the biggest game in world football. The best players want to play every week, he’s no different and imo he was right in what he said.

Yea so if Hendo had given that interview after the Scottish cup final you would have felt it was fine ? He had a pretty fair shout of a starting position..he was only on loan from Celtic so he could get matches.

Honesty is not always a good thing..there is a time and a place to air things in public and a time to shut up and stay classy.

worcesterhibby
26-05-2018, 09:26 PM

Maybe Zidane felt that Bale would be most effective coming off the bench..looks like he was right

..whoever Bale signs for, the the manager better pick him or he'll throw his toys out the pram. Whoever he signs for he won't be playing for them, or for his teammates..he will be playing for himself. Self centered, arrogant, prima dona...oh and he's butt ugly and his hair is ridiculous

Good footballer...shallow person.

K.Marx
26-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Who really cares? He just scored one of the best goals you will likely ever see in a cup final

Tinribs
26-05-2018, 09:32 PM
He has spent a lot of time around that throbber Ronaldo, the self centered stuff probably stems from that.

hibsbollah
26-05-2018, 09:34 PM
He wouldn't have spoken like he did if he hadn't scored THAT goal. He now has the power to get the kind of contract that can buy islands in the Caribbean, not just fast cars. It's either PSG or Man City for him now.

Thecat23
26-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Yea so if Hendo had given that interview after the Scottish cup final you would have felt it was fine ? He had a pretty fair shout of a starting position..he was only on loan from Celtic so he could get matches.

Honesty is not always a good thing..there is a time and a place to air things in public and a time to shut up and stay classy.

I’d have no problem if Hendo had said that. That’s what you want players who want to play and if they think they are good enough and Bale is, he’s every right to let them know.

Thecat23
26-05-2018, 09:35 PM
He wouldn't have spoken like he did if he hadn't scored THAT goal. He now has the power to get the kind of contract that can buy islands in the Caribbean, not just fast cars. It's either PSG or Man City for him now.

Correct and he’s bang on by doing so. Clever guy if you ask me.

heretoday
26-05-2018, 09:36 PM
Who really cares? He just scored one of the best goals you will likely ever see in a cup final

Exactly!

It's what they do with their boots that counts - not their mouths!

InchHibby
26-05-2018, 09:40 PM

I agree with you totally, should have kept his gob shut.

Monts
26-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Lennon should contact his agent. He'd (probably) start most games for us.

worcesterhibby
26-05-2018, 09:41 PM

we’ll agree to differ.

Thecat23
26-05-2018, 09:44 PM
we’ll agree to differ.

For what it’s worth I can see why others see it the way you do as well. I’m more seeing it from his point of view. But yeah think this one we’ll have to agree to disagree. 👍🏼

Swedish hibee
26-05-2018, 09:46 PM
I think the exact opposite. A brilliant professional who's had to sit back and watch it turn into the Ronaldo/Salah final- well that goal showed who the superstar is. Not wanting to sit on a bench and pick up his huge wage sums him up. The guy is class. And that goal was amazinggggggg.

Johnny_Leith
26-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Top level footballer wants to play all the time. Real shock. He deserved a start, didn't get it and when he came on showed be can make the difference. Don't see anything wrong with what he said and really don't see the issue. He was honest in his assessment, fair play and what a goal.

theonlywayisup
26-05-2018, 09:51 PM
Where does he rank in the top UK players. Must be one of the most successful at Champions League level.

Baader
26-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Regardless of what he said (thought it was a bit poor myself) Bale shouldn't be sitting on anyone's bench.

poolman
26-05-2018, 10:12 PM

That's a bollox post IMO

Ryan69
26-05-2018, 10:16 PM

Be critical all you want,3 years running hes done it as a manager.
Has any other manager even won Champions league 3 times..Never mind in a row???

shetlandhibee
26-05-2018, 10:24 PM
:agree::top marks

shetlandhibee
26-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Top level footballer wants to play all the time. Real shock. He deserved a start, didn't get it and when he came on showed be can make the difference. Don't see anything wrong with what he said and really don't see the issue. He was honest in his assessment, fair play and what a goal.
:top marks

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2018, 10:28 PM

I didn't take it in that context at all, I thought it was a decent honest interview by a player who felt disappointed at not starting.

hibee
26-05-2018, 10:36 PM
I thought he was refreshingly honest in his interview and seemed genuinely gutted that he’s having to leave to get a regular game.

The Leith Dutch
26-05-2018, 10:46 PM

Not knocking Zidane (you can't sneeze at 3 back to back CL) but in relation to Bale it was hardly a tactical masterclass.

He has two really high quality players in Isco and Bale.
He started one and brought the other on from the bench after 60 minutes.

At best that's a fairly standard decision (especially given Bale has pace).
At worst he benched the guy in good form and played Isco who was fairly average.

Definitely not buying into any BS like he did it to keep Bale "hungry".

Like I say - not knocking Zidane but calling that bit good management is, imo, reading something into it after the fact.

As for Bale's comments - don't have a problem with them.
Good players - especially forwards - tend to have large egos and confidence....part of what makes them the players they are.

Guy isn't there to be some kind of role model. He's there to pull **** like that overhead kick.
That's why I watch football.

What's more of a problem for me is teams like Real and Man City having world class talent sitting on the bench.
A player like Bale *should* be playing week in week out.

Hibeesmad
26-05-2018, 10:49 PM
He got asked the question and gave an honest answer, no harm in that.

Bale for me is one of the most talented players in the world who's recognition has been dampened by a lack of game time. Those final few years at Spurs were different class and he now is a 4x Champions League winner.

3rd best player in the world imo

neil7908
27-05-2018, 12:10 AM
I thought it was poor IMO. Sounds like someone has spent too much time playing alongside Ronaldo and developed a severe case of narcissism.

Bale is clearly a very, very good player and won them the final but he hasn't been great for Real this season. As others have said the manager has made a decision to put him on the bench and ultimately its paid off - they've won the game.

I think it's really poor for any footballer to come out with those comments just after winning a Champions League final. Particularly as he's been saying all season that he loves it there and wants to stay.

He is absolutely right to feel aggrieved about being on the bench but should keep that private and not air his dirty laundry in public.

overdrive
27-05-2018, 12:14 AM
I’ll contradict what I said earlier... Zidane seemed offended by the suggestion that Bale’s first goal tonight might be considered better than his at Hampden. I think there might be a personality clash there. Bale might be better out of there.

ekhibee
27-05-2018, 12:22 AM
Bale is an excellent player, one of the very best, and his first goal was breathtaking. But I'm different from some of the others on this thread- it wasn't down to any particularly masterful tactical decisions by Zidane; it was down to 2 major ****ups by the Liverpool goalkeeper. Pity Salah got injured, Liverpool were well on top when that happened.

B.H.F.C
27-05-2018, 12:31 AM
Not looked at the thread. If you score a goal line that in a European cup final then you can do, or say, whhatever the hell you want!

Incredible!

Greencore
27-05-2018, 02:26 AM
Heard he's joining hearts. 3 year deal.

Haymaker
27-05-2018, 03:05 AM
Heard he's joining hearts. 3 year deal.

Don't know who your sauce is but it's wrong.

It's 4 years with an option of a 5th.

AZhibee
27-05-2018, 04:46 AM

Not so much. He will get the same offers no matter what he says. Why not have money and class?

Ozyhibby
27-05-2018, 05:33 AM
Bale and Zidane hate each other. It’s no surprise he is leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
27-05-2018, 05:54 AM
I don’t think there was anything wrong with what he said. He’s a professional footballer who wants to play football week in week out. I think he’s probavky annoyed that he feels that he’s got to prove himself maybe more than others in the team.

It’s also up to Madrid and Zidane to manage the players expectations better.

No matter what happened it was likely he’s leaving Madrid this summer anyway. What a final game.

I was thinking that I could see him doing well at Liverpool.

BlackSheep
27-05-2018, 07:04 AM
Be critical all you want,3 years running hes done it as a manager.
Has any other manager even won Champions league 3 times..Never mind in a row???

I’m not sure I would credit Zidane with all those achievements, he may be managing but his tactics have left a bit to be desired, look at their league form this year and a lot of their champions league performances. I think they were lucky to even be in the final this year and were outplayed in the final for almost all of the game. Had Liverpool not had a clown in goals they may have won last night. And I’m a Man U fan so don’t put it down to Liverpool tinted glasses.

Michael
27-05-2018, 08:05 AM
I’m not sure I would credit Zidane with all those achievements, he may be managing but his tactics have left a bit to be desired, look at their league form this year and a lot of their champions league performances. I think they were lucky to even be in the final this year and were outplayed in the final for almost all of the game. Had Liverpool not had a clown in goals they may have won last night. And I’m a Man U fan so don’t put it down to Liverpool tinted glasses.

He probably told the players to pressure the keeper. 3 CL titles and a La Liga doesn't happen by accident.

green day
27-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Might be the beers fogging my memory, but sure someone said he had scored 4 in last 5 before last night's final.

He might be rightly questioning why he was on the bench.

One thing's for sure, he won't be there next year.

R'Albin
27-05-2018, 08:41 AM
He actually had the decency to speak to Karius after the game - unlike the rest of the Liverpool team.

BlackSheep
27-05-2018, 08:44 AM
He probably told the players to pressure the keeper. 3 CL titles and a La Liga doesn't happen by accident.

A good manager can make a great team, but a great team can make a good manager.

Keith_M
27-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Anybody that just won the Champions League and decides to make it "all about me" is surely just a total d1ck and deserving of criticism.

Over-paid and spoilt prima-donna.

patlowe
27-05-2018, 09:45 AM

Thought Madrid were comfortable for the majority of the match TBH. Certainly not outplayed.

Sir David Gray
27-05-2018, 10:05 AM

They were outplayed for 25 minutes.

Once Salah went off, Madrid were comfortable.

snooky
27-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Anybody that just won the Champions League and decides to make it "all about me" is surely just a total d1ck and deserving of criticism.

Over-paid and spoilt prima-donna.

TBH, overpaid certainly applies to the vast majority of players.

My_Wife_Camille
27-05-2018, 10:36 AM
I thought he was refreshingly honest in his interview and seemed genuinely gutted that he’s having to leave to get a regular game.
Me too, he was asked the question and he gave an honest answer. Watch Time for Heroes and all the players on the bench talk about their disappointment in not starting.

Players get slated for having no ambition and being happy to sit on the bench with big wages but as soon as they make noises about needing to move for regular game time they’re selfish and arrogant and all the rest of it

where'stheslope
27-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Me too, he was asked the question and he gave an honest answer. Watch Time for Heroes and all the players on the bench talk about their disappointment in not starting.

Players get slated for having no ambition and being happy to sit on the bench with big wages but as soon as they make noises about needing to move for regular game time they’re selfish and arrogant and all the rest of it

Totally correct!!!

What's wrong nowadays is that the bigger teams in Europe are buying up all the biggest name players and the more they have the more that will have to sit on the bench for weeks at a time?

With winning the Champions League again means that Real will be buying up some more world renowned names, and they or another renowned name will have to sit on the bench on occasion?

Its great to be in that situation if its your team, but talented players will always gripe when not getting a game, and it could end up exploding in the dressing room and causing to much friction that taints the team!!!

J-C
27-05-2018, 02:30 PM

What tactics? A rugby tackle on Salah to injure his shoulder and a Keeper who made two huge errors which will cost him his job at the club.

Centre Hawf
27-05-2018, 10:57 PM
For what its worth I don't think Zidanes a great manager. Fair play to him winning the champions league 3 times in a row but if you follow La Liga you'll know that since coming into the club 2.5 years ago absolutely none of his signings have been anywhere near a resounding success. He's been struggling to balance game time for some of these players and when they leave he can't replace him well enough. First it was James Rodriguez, now Pepe's gone, Khedira left on a free early on in his reign. He now has an ageing squad that is either wanting a final pay day or more game time somewhere else. Madrid need to be careful because although they're on top at the moment you can see issues opening up.

Bale saved Zidanes job last night, he might not be so lucky next season.

Sammy7nil
27-05-2018, 11:28 PM
TBH, overpaid certainly applies to the vast majority of players.

The vast minority in Scotland

WeeRussell
28-05-2018, 04:11 AM
Isco has been one of the main men for Madrid a while now and I prefer him to Bale.

I’ve never taken to Bale as a person really.

But **** me what a goal that was. Absolutely terrific.

talcy
28-05-2018, 09:33 AM
He actually had the decency to speak to Karius after the game - unlike the rest of the Liverpool team.

:top marks Pretty surprising for a guy making everything all about him and who has no class. :rolleyes:

SonOfDavidFrancey
28-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Overpaid? 460k per week.

The issue? Zidane asked him to do some tracking back