PDA

View Full Version : Decent read in interview with Bruce Rioch-Good mention of Hibs

A Hi-Bee
26-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Interesting interview with the ex Scotland Player very honest and also, more importantly, mentions Hibs both as a manager when he brought his team Odense to Easter Road and the effect Sunshine on Leith had when he heard it sung at that game in May 2016.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/interview-bruce-rioch-on-why-he-shouldn-t-have-played-against-peru-1-4745303

Bay Area Hibees
26-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Great stuff

tanfield
26-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Love stuff like this!

Reading it makes me so proud to be a Hibee!

Hiber-nation
26-05-2018, 09:15 PM
What a fantastic guy.

LancashireHibby
27-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Great read, thanks for that. As a kid, Rioch’s Bolton teams were the reason I fell in love with football. And that Odense game was one of my first visits to ER.

stu in nottingham
27-05-2018, 11:27 AM
I liked Bruce Rioch a lot as a player. Managed to see him a few times at his peak playing for Derby County in his first stay at the Baseball Ground and he was a very formidable midfielder on his day. Left-footed, he would play on the right for them and cut inside with that huge shot he had. Extremely tough tackler too who took no prisoners. A great driving force in the middle of the park and, for me, part of as good a midfield I've seen playing for Scotland when teamed up with Don Masson and Archie Gemmill, it was a combination that had everything, terrific passing and playmaking by Masson, running with the ball and tackling by Archie and steel, leadership and a goal threat in Rioch.

Recall he came into the reckoning as a Hibs manager at one time and I would have liked to see that happen at the time.

brog
27-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Really good article. He comes across as an intelligent, articulate guy with a real love of our game.