PDA

View Full Version : 800 tickets at ibrox from now on

we are hibs
24-05-2018, 04:58 PM
For all clubs including Celtic. Hopefully we cut their allocation permanently to similar. And hopefully the hibs fans fill the extra seats in the south stand.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Where are you reading this?

Hibster
24-05-2018, 04:59 PM
How many did Celtic used to get?

BoomtownHibees
24-05-2018, 05:00 PM
For all clubs including Celtic. Hopefully we cut their allocation permanently to similar. And hopefully the hibs fans fill the extra seats in the south stand.

Not much less than usual for us

Sir David Gray
24-05-2018, 05:01 PM
How many did Celtic used to get?

About 6000 I think. They got the full Broomloan stand.

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2018, 05:01 PM
About 6000 I think. They got the full Broomloan stand.

Was around 8000. So cutting them by 7k. They’ll need to expect the same at Parkhead now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
24-05-2018, 05:02 PM

On huns official.site

Hibee Mac
24-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Spiteful for the sake of it. They're only shooting themselves in the foot with reducing Celtic tickets.

Us and heart have an agreement and see the sense in sticking with it, the Rangers don't have common sense though....

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Arrogance beyond belief

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/season-tickets-a-thank-you/

Northernhibee
24-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Beggars belief from that particular club.

Mr White
24-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Had to chuckle at the celtc fan's comment I read earlier asking if Michael O'Halloran will still get a ticket :tee hee:

Sir David Gray
24-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Arrogance beyond belief

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/season-tickets-a-thank-you/

Cheers.

Unlike their reaction to us cutting their allocation, I don't expect us to make any statements about this. They are quite within their rights to look after their own fans first.

Hopefully we can do likewise and cut their allocation at Easter Road to about 500 tickets.

Hibster
24-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Wonder if there could be long-term implications..surely the big away supports at old firm games, and the resulting atmosphere, is a big part of selling the tv rights in England and worldwide (if it is even sold world-wide now, I have absolutely no idea)

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Cheers.

Unlike their reaction to us cutting their allocation, I don't expect us to make any statements about this. They are quite within their rights to look after their own fans first.

Hopefully we can do likewise and cut their allocation at Easter Road to about 500 tickets.

Sounds like they want to sell another 7000/8000 season tickets, must need the money

kaimendhibs
24-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Give them 50 to 100 max

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
24-05-2018, 05:15 PM
I'd be surprised if they follow through and do this to celtc. Doesn't really make any difference at all to us. The more hostile they try to make it the more fun it is when we inevitably gub them.

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 05:15 PM
I'd be surprised if they follow through and do this to celtc. Doesn't really make any difference at all to us. The more hostile they try to make it the more fun it is when we inevitably gub them.

Depends on how many season tickets they sell

K.Marx
24-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Has the figure of 800 actually been quoted anywhere?

Leith Green
24-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Well hopefully we give them and celtic no more than 1000 tickets for easter road from now on. I wish every club in the league would take a stand and limit the amount of fans they are allowed at away games. Greed usually plays a part however ..

Greencore
24-05-2018, 05:20 PM
fun fact, if you go to the rangers page and scroll all the way down you should see this 'No SC425159' a quick Google search and information on the company and when formed😂

Spike Mandela
24-05-2018, 05:21 PM
Sounds like they want to sell another 7000/8000 season tickets, must need the money

This 100%. They need more money upfront to fund the ‘Stevie G revolution’. Fools and their money....

we are hibs
24-05-2018, 05:21 PM
I'd give them 300 odd tickets and demand we get the 10% or whatever it is we are entitled too in cups.I fully expect Hibs, hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic at least to reduce their allocation.

Keith_M
24-05-2018, 05:26 PM
I don't see the 800 figure in that article. Where did you see that?

FWIW, I don't think Hibs will make a habit of giving them a reduced allocation, as we did in the last game.

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 05:27 PM
I don't see the 800 figure in that article. Where did you see that?

Think someone has plucked this figure
We usually get 3 blocks, which is around 950 or so

MyJo
24-05-2018, 05:28 PM
Meh

Makes little difference to us but can't imagine Celtic will be too chuffed by it.

Clearly desperate to bring money in upfront rather than having it come in on a weekly basis through the season from selling these tickets game by game.

givescotlandfreedom
24-05-2018, 05:28 PM
fun fact, if you go to the rangers page and scroll all the way down you should see this 'No SC425159' a quick Google search and information on the company and when formed😂

Brilliant! Look at the name at the bottom of this too
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC425159

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Meh

Makes little difference to us but can't imagine Celtic will be too chuffed by it.

Clearly desperate to bring money in upfront rather than having it come in on a weekly basis through the season from selling these tickets game by game.

Celtic have released a response

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2018, 05:31 PM
I hate Rangers (either version) as much as anyone else.
Nasty, horrible, bigoted cheats on the whole with staggering arrogance and a massive sense of entitlement.

That said I see no particular issue with what they're basically doing (outside of the usual childish "nobody likes us and we care quite a lot actually" statement written by an adolescent) - if you think you can sell the seats to your own fans then it's a decision any club has to make:
Load the home support at the expense of losing access to the away support or aim for a more balanced approach.

We were (rightly) advocating a reduced away allocation for the last game of the season with the only real difference being we were still giving them a larger percentage of the ground than they do for us. But let's be honest here - if we had a corner of the ground that could fit 200 fans and we were confident of selling 19,800 tickets to Hibs fans a lot of us would see the sense in doing just that (doubly so versus Rangers).

You also have to consider that one of the main roadblocks to league reconstruction to what many folk think is a sensible two fixtures against each other club is the old firm away support and the money it brings in. Any move weaning clubs off that dependency is imo a good thing - the complaint about the dominance of the OF while basing your financial planning on their large away support isn't something that sits well with me.

The entire Scottish game would be in a significantly healthier state if there were more clubs outwith the OF averaging 10,000+ and it would certainly benefit from clubs being able to finance themselves largely from a healthy attendance.

Kilmarnock are particularly shoddy - 18,000 capacity stadium and a good season with < 6,000 average attendance.

Next year is huge for us - if we can keep the attendances up (or even build on them) we can get to a point where it's difficult to get a ticket for a lot of games. That drives up Season Tickets and drags back a lot of lapsed Hibees.

Northernhibee
24-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Here's the difference. Their club statement in regard to this was petty.

Our statements are that little bit grander.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/02/28/7e0228296f6cedaeba06538a2e695069.jpg

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Nasty, horrible, bigoted cheats on the whole with staggering arrogance and a massive sense of entitlement.

That said I see no particular issue with what they're basically doing (outside of the usual childish "nobody likes us and we care quite a lot actually" statement written by an adolescent) - if you think you can sell the seats to your own fans then it's a decision any club has to make:
Load the home support at the expense of losing access to the away support or aim for a more balanced approach.

We were (rightly) advocating a reduced away allocation for the last game of the season with the only real difference being we were still giving them a larger percentage of the ground than they do for us. But let's be honest here - if we had a corner of the ground that could fit 200 fans and we were confident of selling 19,800 tickets to Hibs fans a lot of us would see the sense in doing just that (doubly so versus Rangers).

You also have to consider that one of the main roadblocks to league reconstruction to what many folk think is a sensible two fixtures against each other club is the old firm away support and the money it brings in. Any move weaning clubs off that dependency is imo a good thing - the complaint about the dominance of the OF while basing your financial planning on their large away support isn't something that sits well with me.

The entire Scottish game would be in a significantly healthier state if there were more clubs outwith the OF averaging 10,000+ and it would certainly benefit from clubs being able to finance themselves largely from a healthy attendance.

Kilmarnock are particularly shoddy - 18,000 capacity stadium and a good season with < 6,000 average attendance.

Next year is huge for us - if we can keep the attendances up (or even build on them) we can get to a point where it's difficult to get a ticket for a lot of games. That drives up Season Tickets and drags back a lot of lapsed Hibees.

Decent post, but a game is about 2 sets of fans and teams
If Hibs/Hearts did this for our Derby, the game would be much poorer for it

Sir David Gray
24-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Just seen it. Their statement looks unfinished.

givescotlandfreedom
24-05-2018, 05:35 PM

Going by their statement they obviously already knew of this and it will have been agreed. Two cheeks of the same arse indeed.

blaikie
24-05-2018, 05:39 PM
The Sevco Fans don’t normally stick with their team through thick and thin, if the Stevie G appointment goes horribly wrong quickly you could see their crowds drop sharply and with even more reduced away fans it’s going to be interesting to see if they will reverse this decision for when Celtic come to fill the stadium.

HibeeHibernian4
24-05-2018, 05:40 PM

:agree:

Never want to see it happen in the Derby, wouldn't be worth it.

Diclonius
24-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Celtic and Rangers cut each others' allocation. Cool.

S4uzee
24-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Definitely something to do with Gerrard. Look at away allocations in England. Very rarely a full stand behind the goals

speedy_gonzales
24-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Been listening to Clyde Superscoreboard online and it's rather amusing, a general incredulity that Rangers are doing this, atmosphere will be poorer for it and it will be unworkable for away fans to safely egress amongst the 49000 the rangers fans,,,,,as per they are only looking at it as if Celtc are the only club that plays the rangers.

davhibby
24-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Doesn't make any difference to us, we'll still be getting the same allocation we've been getting

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Doesn't make any difference to us, we'll still be getting the same allocation we've been getting

We normally get 950 or so,if we’re getting 800, that’s lower than normal

we are hibs
24-05-2018, 05:54 PM

We got just under 1000 last time. We are now getting 800 and the players and staff at the club get about 100 between them

K.Marx
24-05-2018, 05:55 PM
We got just under 1000 last time. We are now getting 800 and the players and staff at the club get about 100 between them

You got inside info as their statement doesn’t quote numbers?

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 05:57 PM

Think it was Clydesportsound that quoted the figure of 800

green day
Just seen it. Their statement looks unfinished.

Just a bit !!

An unprecedented Double Treble and historic season for the Club has led to a phenomenal level of demand from supporters to be part of Celtic.
We are happy to reciprocate in terms of ticket allocation, something which will give us the opportunity to meet this huge demand to visit Celtic Park.

we are hibs

emerald green
24-05-2018, 06:01 PM
The Ibrox club say they have had over 40,000 season tickets renewed since Gerrard was appointed manager and are opening the Broomloan stand to new season ticket sales to their own supporters.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/rangers-cut-celtic-ticket-allocation-to-800-1-4744615

K.Marx
24-05-2018, 06:02 PM

Without reading the article i’d reckon they’re just taking a guess at the figure, although in reality won’t be far off that

SChibs
24-05-2018, 06:02 PM
Wouldn't put it past them to put out a statement complaining when Celtic inevitably cut the rangers allocation at parkhead.

Keith_M
24-05-2018, 06:04 PM
Think it was Clydesportsound that quoted the figure of 800

So it's basically just a guess by some pundit on Sportsound then.

The Rangers have played a blinder in signing up Gerrard. While there's absolutely no guarantee he'll do anything at their club, it's got the Fans onside long enough to buy a very large number of Season Tickets.

This basically keeps them alive for another season or so.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Just a bit !!

An unprecedented Double Treble and historic season for the Club has led to a phenomenal level of demand from supporters to be part of Celtic.
We are happy to reciprocate in terms of ticket allocation, something which will give us the opportunity to meet this huge demand to visit Celtic Park.

I thought my phone had cut off the last part of the statement. I tried loading it several times to make sure!

Very bizarrely worded statement.

Togs91
24-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Beggars belief , i sure hope tje safety of the away support has fully been taken into account blah blah hahahahaha

CMurdoch
24-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Great post

Alex Trager
24-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Cheers.

Less than that thanks.

To match the percentage of the ground we get they would get 320 tickets. **** them

Wheat Hound
24-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Interesting if we get an away cup tie at ibrox next season what we would request. Another full Broomloan full of Hibees would be immense!

Pete
24-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Shame in a way as big away supports add to the atmosphere of old firm games but I can understand why they’ve done it though. I wonder if this is a fresh pair of eyes looking at the situation.

Is ours the only derby left where the unwritten agreement is put before demand from home fans? I hope our one stays as it is.

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2018, 06:27 PM

Yeah - I hear what you're saying and a large part of me agrees.

I guess there's a decent middle ground - enough away fans to make a noise and generate an atmosphere but not as far as Killlie seem to go where the OF wind up being in the main stands.

You'd hope most clubs would maintain this kind of sensible balance but Sevco's pride obviously took a battering when it turned out a club like Hibs wasn't dependent on their support. I genuinely hope we can keep it to half the South Stand for the OF.

Joe6-2
24-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Give them 50 to 100 max

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

This

renato
24-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Less than that thanks.

To match the percentage of the ground we get they would get 320 tickets. **** them

Yep. What an incentive (not that we need it, just now) to sell out ER to hibbies, knowing that they’re only getting the same % as we get at Ibrox.

You’ll hardly be able to hear their sectarian pish and it’ll be a more “intimidating” experience for them, a very small dose of what we have to endure through at their pig sty. And best of all, they can have no complaints about it as it’s all their own making.

Waxy
24-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Thats the end of the “special” old firm atmosphere.

hibbyfraelibby
24-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Well it seem Hibernian FC were ahead of the curve as usual and have set the attendance agenda for the season ahead.

gordonced18
24-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Indicative of Scottish Football that religious bigotry alone can sell 40,000 season tickets because let's face it none of those neanderthals are buying to watch the scintillating football on offer

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
24-05-2018, 07:45 PM
Thats the end of the “special” old firm atmosphere.

Wonder how long it’ll take them to twig that Celtic will do the same to them

The statement will most certainly use the word “petty”

green&left
24-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Wonder how long it’ll take them to twig that Celtic will do the same to them

The statement will most certainly use the word “petty”

They released a statement an hour after.

If I was an away game attender of either team i'd be raging. 800/900 tickets will almost certainly be snapped up by the board/club/sponsors/investors. All cos the huns can't take a hammering.

SideBurns
24-05-2018, 07:53 PM
The Sevco Fans don’t normally stick with their team through thick and thin, if the Stevie G appointment goes horribly wrong quickly you could see their crowds drop sharply and with even more reduced away fans it’s going to be interesting to see if they will reverse this decision for when Celtic come to fill the stadium.

If they lose the first game v Celtic (or us) he'll be a bogtrottin', beadrattlin', waltzerspinnin' Taig, and they'll be burning pictures of Stevie G dressed as the Pope ootside the front gates.

Here's hoping!

tamig
24-05-2018, 09:14 PM
So it's basically just a guess by some pundit on Sportsound then.

The Rangers have played a blinder in signing up Gerrard. While there's absolutely no guarantee he'll do anything at their club, it's got the Fans onside long enough to buy a very large number of Season Tickets.

This basically keeps them alive for another season or so.

Its the only way they could fund anywhere near the transfer kitty he’ll be expecting. The director loans will kick in before the leaves are off the trees. No way the ST money will see them through this season never mind beyond that.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Definitely something to do with Gerrard. Look at away allocations in England. Very rarely a full stand behind the goals

If it’s about giving them a better chance of winning then it’s Celtic’s player allocation they’ll need to cut.

Frogga
24-05-2018, 09:34 PM
This is so hypocritical after all their ***** a few weeks ago.

I look forward to Jim Traynor's explanation of how they are going to 'assure the Celtic fans' safety'.

Can't wait for the next Rangers implosion in about 3 months' time.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
24-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Also worth remembering that our fans benefit from taking large numbers to tincastle. Both us and Hearts realise that it will hurt our fans (away ones) not having a big away support.

I have never not got a home ticket against Hearts at ER.

I’m sunrises with Sevco as I’m sure there are a large number of their fans who will be pissed off at now not getting tickets for Parkhead.

J

Bristolhibby
24-05-2018, 09:50 PM
If it’s about giving them a better chance of winning then it’s Celtic’s player allocation they’ll need to cut.

And our players!

J

24-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Wonder where the outrage and statements are, thats was their reaction to us giving them the same thing this season after all.

Itsnoteasy
24-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Wonder where the outrage and statements are, thats was their reaction to us giving them the same thing this season after all.

Celtic have also cut The Rangers allocation.
Both citing an increase in season ticket sales.

Itsnoteasy
24-05-2018, 10:38 PM
I hope Hibs & Hearts don't make the same decision with their allocations. You need a large away support at both grounds for derby day.

AgentDaleCooper
24-05-2018, 11:00 PM
rangers are absolutely amazing at setting themselves up to fall on their *****.

NAE NOOKIE
24-05-2018, 11:14 PM
I hope Hibs & Hearts don't make the same decision with their allocations. You need a large away support at both grounds for derby day.

Exactly .... The Huns ability to chuck the toys oot the pram knows no bounds, even to the extent that they are taking their huff with Hibs out on everybody else ... did they not think for a second that Celtic would retaliate?

The arrangement we have with the Yams ensures that the Edinburgh derby enjoys a decent atmosphere at both venues, coz lets face it if there wasn't any Hibs fans at the rust arena there wouldn't be any atmosphere :greengrin

Swedish hibee
25-05-2018, 02:30 AM
Has there season ticket sales gone up since Gerrard has been unveiled as the manager? I've seen it mentioned 3 times on tv over here- and Scottish football never gets talked about! Really looking forward to next season...

B.H.F.C
25-05-2018, 07:03 AM
Doesn’t make any difference to us.

Just another example of The Rangers playing to the gallery. Hardly surprising that they announce this the same day it comes out that they are nowhere near being able to afford Gerard’s number one transfer target. Deflect and keep all the muppets happy until the next thing that goes wrong.

JimBHibees
25-05-2018, 07:06 AM
Doesn’t make any difference to us.

Just another example of The Rangers playing to the gallery. Hardly surprising that they announce this the same day it comes out that they are nowhere near being able to afford Gerard’s number one transfer target. Deflect and keep all the muppets happy until the next thing that goes wrong.

Totally agree that club really is being run by someone with the mindset of a toddler. Utter shambles.

Phil MaGlass
25-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Lets hope we return the favour and cut their allocation according to the % they give us. ER and the rest of Scottish fitba should follow suit. Hopefully this will bring more Hibs fans out to games against the huns at ER then maybe families can start taking their kids to these games again witbout having to listen to bigot morons for 90mins and have to walk a gauntlet of hatred just to get to see your team play. Bring it on man. CUT THEIR ALLOCATION.

Keith_M
26-05-2018, 10:47 AM
So, the conclusion is that the only change next season is how many tickets Rantic are planning to give each other, and it doesn't affect the other clubs at all.

I personally think we should demand more, just to wind them up.

Onion
26-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Wonder if there could be long-term implications..surely the big away supports at old firm games, and the resulting atmosphere, is a big part of selling the tv rights in England and worldwide (if it is even sold world-wide now, I have absolutely no idea)

Good point, the "special" atmosphere is a big part of the marketing pitch by Sky/BT which will disappear if the Huns ban Celtic fans. Now they just have to ban sectarian singing and they'll be able to close 3 stands and save on policing.

Since90+2
26-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Good point, the "special" atmosphere is a big part of the marketing pitch by Sky/BT which will disappear if the Huns ban Celtic fans. Now they just have to ban sectarian singing and they'll be able to close 3 stands and save on policing.

They are not banning Celtic fans though are they? If they can sell tickets to their own fans then fair play.

We done the exact same thing to them a few weeks ago and reduced their allocation as we had sufficient demand from our own fans.

Onion
26-05-2018, 11:23 AM

:tee hee: :aok:

Onion
26-05-2018, 11:29 AM
They are not banning Celtic fans though are they? If they can sell tickets to their own fans then fair play.

We done the exact same thing to them a few weeks ago and reduced their allocation as we had sufficient demand from our own fans.

They were always able to sell tickets to their own fans for OF games but had agreement with Celtic (and vice versa) just as we have with Hearts. Nope, this is a juvenile, deflection move by the Huns inspired by Hibs decision to cut their allocation for 1 game.

As others have said, it's as if Sevco is being run by the adults in the Haribo ad.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2018, 11:33 AM
So, the conclusion is that the only change next season is how many tickets Rantic are planning to give each other, and it doesn't affect the other clubs at all.

I personally think we should demand more, just to wind them up.

We got over 950 last season, thought we are only getting 800 next time?

HibeeHibernian4
26-05-2018, 11:40 AM
We got over 950 last season, thought we are only getting 800 next time?

As far as I can tell, the 800 number is only the media mistakenly reporting the capacity of the corner at Ibrox inaccurately.

There was nothing in Rangers' statement about the figure 800, so I think we'll have the exact same allocation as we always get.

ian cruise
26-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Celtic have also cut The Rangers allocation.
Both citing an increase in season ticket sales.

Wouldn't happen but it would have been amazing if Celtic had just copied and pasted Rangers statement when their allocation was cut with a line and the bottom that sad "only kidding, we're not that petty. However we're more than happy to offer a similar arrangement when you're at Parkhead".

givescotlandfreedom
26-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Does anyone really think Celtc and sevco hadn't already agreed to this amongst themselves before this announcement?

A Hi-Bee
26-05-2018, 01:45 PM
This is good news and can only be good for the game, 850 sevco's at Easter Road all paying a deposit just in case of damage caused, wonderful.

S4uzee
26-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Imagine what will get chucked down at the Celtic fans at Ibrox ....

Eyrie
26-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Does anyone really think Celtc and sevco hadn't already agreed to this amongst themselves before this announcement?

I was talking with a Celtc season ticket holder who said just that. He also wasn't fussed about the allocation being cut as he thinks it makes sense to sell to your own fans first.

Itsnoteasy
26-05-2018, 03:46 PM

Seen plenty games from the EPL on Sky of the teams @ top & bottom of league & there is no atmosphere.

Also been to a handful of Bundesliga games & the atmosphere was brilliant.