PDA

View Full Version : Simon Murray

timewilltell
24-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Simon Murray returning to Hibs. Confirmed by Neil Lennon.

Diclonius
24-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Good. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

Michael
24-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Contracted to us so it's expected. Would be surprised if he's still here come the end of the window.

heretoday
24-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Good news. He's an asset. A lively customer.

Nicho87
24-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Still don't think he'll be here next season.

JimBHibees
24-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Still don't think he'll be here next season.

Would be amazed if he was still here when window closes.

Peevemor
24-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Lennon has to talk him up, especially if we want to move him on, in order to get the best fee possible.

GreenCastle
24-05-2018, 12:46 PM
I like Murray - still raw but you know what you are getting and a good character around the dressing room.

Was he not our top scorer last season?

Thecat23
24-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Course he’s returning he’s on loan. I very much doubt he’ll be here when the season starts or the end of the window. He’s at best a squad player and I highly doubt he wants to sit on the bench most weeks.

1van Sprou7e
24-05-2018, 12:54 PM
I like Murray - still raw but you know what you are getting and a good character around the dressing room.

Was he not our top scorer last season?

Yeah but half of them came in the league cup

Kamberi was top scorer in the league

ballengeich
24-05-2018, 12:59 PM
I think he could be a useful squad member, either as a striker or as a Boyle/Barker type wide player.

1van Sprou7e
24-05-2018, 01:01 PM
I think he could be a useful squad member, either as a striker or as a Boyle/Barker type wide player.

Agree, doubt he'd be particularly happy with such limited game time though

BlackSheep
24-05-2018, 01:17 PM
I think many of you will be surprised by Simon Murray next season. Good luck to him.

B.H.F.C
24-05-2018, 01:21 PM
We need to sign 2 strikers as it is so won’t be surprised if he is retained but don’t think it will be with a view to him being a first pick.

If he had played alongside Kamberi in the last few months I think he’d probably have done all right. Would certainly give us an option off the bench which we didn’t have up front at times second half of the season.

scoopyboy
24-05-2018, 01:23 PM
We might need him for the Europa games if our signings aren't in place, like others I suspect he might not be here at the end of the transfer window.

Iggy Pope
24-05-2018, 01:33 PM
We might need him for the Europa games if our signings aren't in place, like others I suspect he might not be here at the end of the transfer window.

Wouldn't be right cup tieing the fellah before a big move!

Centre Hawf
24-05-2018, 02:10 PM
As I've said before the lad is more than welcome to fight for his place in the team, he worked hard and earned my respect for that. But having seen the two lads we had up front from January onwards I've certainly moved closer to the opinion that he may not be the level we need to maintain where we are as a club. Happy for him to prove me wrong though.

jacomo
24-05-2018, 02:14 PM

Does playing in the Europa League qualifiers also cup tie a player for the Champions League?

Bad news for the ginger ninja if so...

Peevemor
24-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Say we manage to keep Kamberi but not MacLaren - could Murray play off him in a "poacher's" role? He can certainly finish and has a great turn of pace, though it would change his game quite a bit.

JDHibs
24-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Say we manage to keep Kamberi but not MacLaren - could Murray play off him in a "poacher's" role? He can certainly finish and has a great turn of pace, though it would change his game quite a bit.

His finishing is very poor compared to MacLaren. Wouldnt want him in a poachers role. Imo Murray isnt good enough if we ant to challenge for 2nd or 3rd.

tonyrougier123
24-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Simon Murray returning to Hibs. Confirmed by Neil Lennon.
I think Murray's game was affected by playing alongside stokesy.he has great ability imo, I think he can be every bit the player McLaren was for us. he did score good goals against sevco and hertz.him and kamberi would be a nightmare for defences.

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2018, 02:49 PM

Good shout :agree:

Michael
24-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Does playing in the Europa League qualifiers also cup tie a player for the Champions League?

Bad news for the ginger ninja if so...

Should be alright for the Club World Cup though.

southern hibby
24-05-2018, 03:04 PM
I think SM would be good running off Kamberi but also feel him and MacLaren upfront together would also cause defences problems with their speed.

However let’s get Kamberi and MacLaren signed first and worry about this later.

GGTTH

Peevemor
24-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Having Kamberi, Shaw & Murray would be a decent base IMO. Imagine Murray getting on the end of Allan's reverse passes (if he's still here that is)?

Jim44
24-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Course he’s returning he’s on loan. I very much doubt he’ll be here when the season starts or the end of the window. He’s at best a squad player and I highly doubt he wants to sit on the bench most weeks.

They’re all squad players in my book and the more quality in depth we have, the more we will be equipped for a long hard season. I have no problems with Murray in the squad, if he’s happy being there, fighting for game time.

Thecat23
24-05-2018, 03:31 PM
They’re all squad players in my book and the more quality in depth we have, the more we will be equipped for a long hard season. I have no problems with Murray in the squad, if he’s happy being there, fighting for game time.

I have no issue either, I do however think NL wants better.

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 04:04 PM
Also talks about Oli Shaw, Porteous and Fraser Murray

Wouldn’t surprise me if Fraser was sent out on loan

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/big-interview-hibs-boss-neil-lennon-has-potential-signings-lined-up-1-4743895

B.H.F.C
24-05-2018, 04:27 PM
Also talks about Oli Shaw, Porteous and Fraser Murray

Wouldn’t surprise me if Fraser was sent out on loan

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/big-interview-hibs-boss-neil-lennon-has-potential-signings-lined-up-1-4743895

Think Fraser Murray needs to go on loan.

Looked a real prospect at the start of last year but hard to see him getting many minutes for the first team. Needs to play games or his development will stall. I think he’s one who just won’t get enough out of playing in the reserves.

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Think Fraser Murray needs to go on loan.

Looked a real prospect at the start of last year but hard to see him getting many minutes for the first team. Needs to play games or his development will stall. I think he’s one who just won’t get enough out of playing in the reserves.

100% agree. Think Fraser has a real chance of making it, technically as good as anyone in the development league last season. Can also play about 4 positions, which I don’t think has helped him too much.

southern hibby
24-05-2018, 05:53 PM
I have no issue either, I do however think NL wants better.

Maybe it’s a case of keeping Murray ( not sure of his wages but I’d imagine it will be low to middle of our wage group ) so this allows more wages to be spent on MCGeough ( if he stays ) Allen Kembari MacLaren if they sign. So maybe it’s a case of needs must.

GGTTH

Brooster
25-05-2018, 06:02 AM

Big move you say? Thats not as far fetched as it sounds.