PDA

View Full Version : NHC John Terry

24-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Reports this morning that apparently he is set to sign a new deal with Villa, however he has stipulated he would like a clause in the contract that allows him to miss games v Chelsea.

Classic John Terry - completely and utterly arrogant. Who the hell does he think he is dictating who he will and will not play against?! Villa are his club now and are paying his wages (I imagine a pretty big one at that) therefore regardless of his feelings for Chelsea he should be pulling on the Villa strip, helping his team and giving 100% every game.

What he's basically saying is that he's not mature or professional enough to give 100% against Chelsea therefore it's Villas best interests to just leave him out. I would be absolutely furious if a hibs player made these kind of demands and basically stated he wasn't willing to help out his team against a particular club.

I really hope Villa don't agree to this and tell the arrogant ****er where to stick his contract. Along with arranging his own 26th minute substitution and guard of honour and coming on after the CL final with a full kit on despite being suspended, this is up there with the top cringeworthy John Terry moments. Far too full of his own self importance.

ian cruise
24-05-2018, 12:08 PM
It's a poor show from someone who considers himself a leader but at least he's being upfront about it rather than not turning up on the day. Hopefully he adjusts his wage to take in to account.

I wonder if he'd be so keen to miss the game if it was the cup final.

Michael
24-05-2018, 12:09 PM
What a weirdo.

WeeRussell
24-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Coming at it from an alternative position - would it be cringeworthy if Leigh Griffiths requested this in his contract. Or would he be one of our own, a hero, and loyal to his club.

Not saying for a minute that Villa should accept the request.. but that's all it is, a request. And it's nowhere near the same as the incidents you've listed in my opinion.

Although I would argue he shouldn't be playing in the same league as a team he does not want to defeat (even if we all know Villa won't be competing at the same end, and in my opinion won't even be in the same league next season :) )

Monts
24-05-2018, 12:11 PM
Absolute walloper

proud_and_green
24-05-2018, 12:13 PM
If that is true I would think Villa must get rid of him. Imagine if Villa were playing against another team where defeat of Villa would mean advantage to Chelsea and he cost villa a goal which led to the defeat. Can't surely allow that sort of clause. Even if he doesn't get the clause, his loyalty must be questioned/

Monts
24-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Complete lack of professionalism.

JimboHibs
24-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Reports this morning that apparently he is set to sign a new deal with Villa, however he has stipulated he would like a clause in the contract that allows him to miss games v Chelsea.

Classic John Terry - completely and utterly arrogant. Who the hell does he think he is dictating who he will and will not play against?! Villa are his club now and are paying his wages (I imagine a pretty big one at that) therefore regardless of his feelings for Chelsea he should be pulling on the Villa strip, helping his team and giving 100% every game.

What he's basically saying is that he's not mature or professional enough to give 100% against Chelsea therefore it's Villas best interests to just leave him out. I would be absolutely furious if a hibs player made these kind of demands and basically stated he wasn't willing to help out his team against a particular club.

I really hope Villa don't agree to this and tell the arrogant ****er where to stick his contract. Along with arranging his own 26th minute substitution and guard of honour and coming on after the CL final with a full kit on despite being suspended, this is up there with the top cringeworthy John Terry moments. Far too full of his own self importance.

And breathe.

24-05-2018, 12:15 PM
It's a poor show from someone who considers himself a leader but at least he's being upfront about it rather than not turning up on the day. Hopefully he adjusts his wage to take in to account.

I wonder if he'd be so keen to miss the game if it was the cup final.

I wouldn't even bother renegotiating his wages, i'd simply be telling him to ram the contract altogether. If a player isn't willing to help out his team and give 100% every game than he can leave. He can't just pick and choose who he wants to play against.

If Villa agree to this then I think it makes them look like total mugs and it hardly sends out the right message to other players - can they now pick and chose what games they want to be part of as well?! John Terry thinks he's bigger than everyone else and has a God given right to do whatever he likes, nothing captian material about him - for JT it's all about JT.

Big_Franck
24-05-2018, 12:16 PM

I'm not a fan of Terry but I don't see that he's done much wrong here. He is being honest. If he doesn't think he could honestly say he'd try 100% against Chelsea then what else is he supposed to do?

The issue here is that this is unusual. The norm is to play against the club you support, not try a leg and then get subbed. A bit like our Leigh.

Geo_1875
24-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Have Villa been promoted?

24-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Coming at it from an alternative position - would it be cringeworthy if Leigh Griffiths requested this in his contract. Or would he be one of our own, a hero, and loyal to his club.

Not saying for a minute that Villa should accept the request.. but that's all it is, a request. And it's nowhere near the same as the incidents you've listed in my opinion.

Although I would argue he shouldn't be playing in the same league as a team he does not want to defeat (even if we all know Villa won't be competing at the same end, and in my opinion won't even be in the same league next season :) )

Yes. Everyone knows Leigh is a hibs fan, he's never made a secret of that but Celtic are his employers who are paying him a handsome wage to win games for them so that is what he should be doing even if it is against us. I don't want any favours from him, if we beat them it should be fair and square and not down to him not trying. If he scores against us then fair enough - thats his job.

heretoday
24-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Absurd. Villa should tell him to take a hike. They're a big club and shouldn't have a problem replacing him.

RoxburghHibs
Going on the subject title I thought this was a strange signing for us!!

Liberal Hibby
Villa may not be in the same division as Chelsea next year.

I'm not a fan of Terry but I don't see that he's done much wrong here. He is being honest. If he doesn't think he could honestly say he'd try 100% against Chelsea then what else is he supposed to do?

The issue here is that this is unusual. The norm is to play against the club you support, not try a leg and then get subbed. A bit like our Leigh.

Whats wrong is that he's the club captain and he's prepared to ditch his team.

Bostonhibby
24-05-2018, 12:24 PM
When Fulham beat villa it won't matter anyway.

Prick though

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
24-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Whats wrong is that he's the club captain and he's prepared to ditch his team.

Maybe he won't be club captain next year. Maybe his team appreciate his honesty. Don't see the need for the outrage, especially when it doesn't affect us.

IGRIGI
24-05-2018, 12:25 PM
If a Hibs player said I'm signing a contract on the condition I don't have to play against Celtic/Rangers we'd be going tonto.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2018, 12:26 PM
I was going to watch this game tomorrow with no real support for either side, now i'm firmly in the Fulham camp.

What a fanny that man really is. :rolleyes:

basehibby
Should this not be marked NHC? Was about to post an apoplectic rant about how John Terry is an absolute fud and can ram it - not fit to wear the green - even if he is quite good etc....

hibbydog
Utterly disgusting if true.

If its not true, he is a bell end anyway. He has a whole catalogue of despicable behaviour, going back years and years. It's not one or two little incidents we're talking about, it's a consistent pattern of fuddery which is hard wired into his character.

Smartie
24-05-2018, 12:27 PM
I respect his honesty.

When a player has declared his undying love for another club it puts them in a difficult position. Players miss open goals, make horrendous defensive mistakes and score ridiculous own goals - if a player happens to do that in one of these games then it places them in a difficult position.

Fair play to Terry for not wanting to put himself and Villa in that position.

By all accounts he did well for them last season - its up to Villa if they're prepared to take this relatively small request into account.

Oh, and I should add that I think Terry is an utter bell end so this isn't borne of any great love for the man.

Bostonhibby
24-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Doctor football seemes comfortable with it.

Malaury Martin handed him a list of 11 SPL teams and a few others from the lower leagues that he'd prefer not to play against and they signed up no bother.

Oscar T Grouch
24-05-2018, 12:33 PM

Act like a professional and play for the team that pays his wages. What a position to put your manager and team mates in, you'd have to assume he'd be so unprofessional that if a game he plays in benefits Chelsea in some way he could not be trusted to put the effort in to get the right result for AV and not Chelsea. Terry used to support Man U growing up, so it not like Leigh :wink:

Kato
24-05-2018, 12:34 PM
If he doesn't think he could honestly say he'd try 100% against Chelsea then what else is he supposed to do?

Not sign the contract with his current employer and move on.

Renfrew_Hibby
24-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Michael O'halloran should request this type of clause is inserted into his Rangers contract.

Big_Franck
24-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Not sign the contract with his current employer and move on.

He may well do that. If, however Aston Villa agree to the contract with this clause I don't see how it's anyone else's problem. If they are both comfortable with it then fine. He's still a big horrible cant though.

ShinyFantastic
24-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Captain. Leader. Legend.

PatHead
24-05-2018, 12:48 PM
I was going to watch this game tomorrow with no real support for either side, now i'm firmly in the Fulham camp.

What a fanny that man really is. :rolleyes:

That is some session if you are starting tomorrow. Be careful and pace yourself.

theonlywayisup
24-05-2018, 12:57 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-44238026/aston-villa-fan-9-wins-prize-to-be-wembley-mascot

sadtom
24-05-2018, 12:57 PM
What a total clown.
Imagine the unlikely scenario that villa and chelski are neck and neck for the title and you are aware that your CAPTAIN!!! would not want to play in a possible league decider against his former club. That he would actively want to avoid winning the title for his club, teammates, supporters and crucially his employers. Farcical.
Not only that he wouldn't want to play in a head to head. But what about any other scenarios where winning a game for villa against a.n.other turns out to be detrimental to chelski? How can they have any faith/trust in this idiot when he ultimately stating that he hold the interests of another club over and above that of his own club.
What an arrogant douche-bag. He shouldn't be hounded out of villa...he should be hounded out of football.

Humo
24-05-2018, 12:59 PM
I can understand this to be honest. Especially if he's been so upfront and honest about it.

Can any of us truly say hand on heart that if we were playing against hibs we'd give 100% or even want to play?

Yes it's somewhat childish but if he's in a position where he can say this and get this agreed then why shouldn't he?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AltheHibby
24-05-2018, 01:05 PM
According to the Birmingham Mail Steve Bruce is happy to go with it.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2018, 01:06 PM
That is some session if you are starting tomorrow. Be careful and pace yourself.

oops. :greengrin

Rumble de Thump
24-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting John Terry at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2018, 01:13 PM
If it's true then it's a disgrace and I hope Aston Villa tell him where to shove his contract.

I assume he is happy to have his pay reduced for the weeks that he's effectively withdrawing his services?

What a fanny.

Monts
24-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting John Terry at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.
Very good, Brian.

guthrie01
24-05-2018, 01:22 PM
People jumping to conclusions without reading the fact that it was the managers idea to allow him the option of playing against his former club

Bruce “I’m sure he will give it a good go if we get promoted and enjoy the challenge of it. We’ll not pick him against Chelsea if that’s he wants.”

hibee316
24-05-2018, 01:30 PM

He's no dead is he?

J-C
24-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Remove the contract offer and tell him to GTF, arrogant knobhead.

WeeRussell
24-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Remove the contract offer and tell him to GTF, arrogant knobhead.

Suspect they'll have weighed up having him missing for 2 game of the season where any points would be considered a bonus against telling a very good defender for them to "GTF" and not having him at all in what promises to be a tough season ahead (regardless of what division they're playing in). He's getting on a bit now and doubt he'll play all the games anyway? Only difference to Villa is they've highlighted two early doors.

Still an unusual request but not in Villa's interests to tell him to bolt.

Arrogant knobhead or not...

jacomo
24-05-2018, 02:53 PM
I respect his honesty.

When a player has declared his undying love for another club it puts them in a difficult position. Players miss open goals, make horrendous defensive mistakes and score ridiculous own goals - if a player happens to do that in one of these games then it places them in a difficult position.

By all accounts he did well for them last season - its up to Villa if they're prepared to take this relatively small request into account.

Oh, and I should add that I think Terry is an utter bell end so this isn't borne of any great love for the man.

IMO he’s acting like a spoiled child.

Yes, he’s a Chelsea fan... and was paid £ millions to represent the club. He’s a professional footballer ffs... he should concentrate on doing his job to the best of his ability.

Deansy
24-05-2018, 02:57 PM
'Loyalty' is a thing of the past these days so the next best thing you hope for/expect is when a player signs for your club that he gives his utmost 100% profesional best - Terry is obviously incapable of that so if I was Villa I'd get the prick to f** !.

MWHIBBIES
24-05-2018, 03:18 PM

It would be even worse. At least Terry is a Chelsea legend who won everything with them. Griffiths was on loan for 2 years...

One Day
24-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Absolute bell end of a man

Scottie
24-05-2018, 04:00 PM
:tee hee:

SChibs
24-05-2018, 04:01 PM
At least he's being honest. Frank lampard managed to play and score vs Chelsea though

Iggy Pope
24-05-2018, 04:11 PM
Classic example of a **** that thinks he is bigger than the fannys that employ him. His team mates must adore him.

heidtheba
24-05-2018, 05:37 PM
I absolutely can't stand John Terry - even Kevin Bridges didn't make him seem any more likeable!
However...
He seems to be in a position where he can dictate what he wants and clearly doesn't need the cash. Many people think he's a walloper (with good reason) and the biggest load of people who will hold him in adulation for the rest of his life are the Chelsea fans. I can see why he'd want to keep them on his side. He's only got a year or so left in him as a player.
He can ask for what he wants and it seems like Villa can pick to have him or not. I don't see it as a huge issue. Man negotiates contract to suit him really.

WhileTheChief..
24-05-2018, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Humo;5413590Can any of us truly say hand on heart that if we were playing against hibs we'd give 100% or even want to play?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You serious?

If I’m a professional player then of course I’d give 100% playing against Hibs. It should go without saying really.

Are you suggesting that all the players we’ve had over the years that support the Old Firm didn’t give their all when playing for us? Utter crap.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Would be great if Chelski put out a statement pleading for him to play.

J-C
24-05-2018, 06:38 PM
You serious?

If I’m a professional player then of course I’d give 100% playing against Hibs. It should go without saying really.

Are you suggesting that all the players we’ve had over the years that support the Old Firm didn’t give their all when playing for us? Utter crap.

Exactly, I think Allan seemed to enjoy himself against Rangers in that last game, definitely not holding back anyway.

24-05-2018, 07:40 PM
I can understand this to be honest. Especially if he's been so upfront and honest about it.

Can any of us truly say hand on heart that if we were playing against hibs we'd give 100% or even want to play?

Yes it's somewhat childish but if he's in a position where he can say this and get this agreed then why shouldn't he?

Of course I would. I will have signed a contract with my current club that is me giving my word to do my best and they are the ones paying my living. I wouldn't celebrate if I scored against hibs but I certainly wouldn't be putting in a half arsed effort, thats completely disrespectful to my current club and their fans.

We've had, and still do have players at hibs who grew up supporting other clubs and I would be very annoyed if I thought they didn't really try against these clubs. Just like I wouldn't expect the likes of Griffiths not to try against us. If Griffiths scores against us I certainly wouldn't be annoyed at him or think less of him, thats his job!

snooky
24-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Would be great if Chelski put out a statement pleading for him to play.

I love to see that. Balloon burster. :aok:

neil7908
24-05-2018, 09:07 PM
One of my least favourite footballers. The fact he's a millionaire many times over is proof enough for me that karma doesn't exist.

If this was a foreign player asking to miss a couple of big games a year for daft reasons the English press and commentators would be tearing them to shreds.

neil7908
24-05-2018, 09:10 PM
What I don't get is why he would decide to join Villa when clearly there was a possibility something like this would happen.

Look what Iniesta has done. He could have moved just about anywhere in Europe but couldn't imagine playing against Barca so is going to Japan.

Billy Whizz
24-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Don Hutchinson said on Talk Sport tonight that he’d spoken to Terry about this today, and Terry said it was rubbish about not playing against Chelsea!

24-05-2018, 10:09 PM
I respect his honesty.

"honesty" and John Terry really don't belong in the same sentence.

tamig
25-05-2018, 12:04 AM

The difference is we are fans. We don’t play the game for a living.

PeeJay
25-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Seems a bit silly in the extreme - what if this sets a precedent and players now stop wanting to play against certain clubs they may have played for once or that they supported ... Terry is loopy ... :crazy:

iwasthere1972
25-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Can't believe that it's even been discussed with Aston Villa no guarantee to be in the EPL. He's being paid (probably on a good wedge as well) to play for Aston Villa and regardless of who he is up against he should be playing to win.

Tosser.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Times reporting that he won't have such a clause:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/john-terry-not-allowed-chelsea-clause-in-aston-villa-contract-6hs2nf0j8

Fulham will be loving this, such presumptuous chat will be a great incentive for them.

JimBHibees
25-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Times reporting that he won't have such a clause:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/john-terry-not-allowed-chelsea-clause-in-aston-villa-contract-6hs2nf0j8

Fulham will be loving this, such presumptuous chat will be a great incentive for them.

Totally agree incredible that this came out before the game tomorrow. Hope Fulham win tomorrow play decent football.

WeeRussell
25-05-2018, 11:39 AM
What I don't get is why he would decide to join Villa when clearly there was a possibility something like this would happen.

Look what Iniesta has done. He could have moved just about anywhere in Europe but couldn't imagine playing against Barca so is going to Japan.

I doubt avoiding playing Barca was his main reason for moving to Japan...

IWasThere2016
26-05-2018, 02:52 AM
Come on Fulham!!

hfc rd
26-05-2018, 03:55 PM
I remember his last game for Chelsea against Sunderland and Sunderland agreed to kick the ball out in the 26th minute so he could get a guard of honour. Absolutely cringey and something I wouldn’t be pleased with if Hibs did something similar for an opposition player.

Hope Fulham absolutely hammer them and the young lad Sessegnon runs that racist twat ragged

Swedish hibee
26-05-2018, 04:00 PM
I remember his last game for Chelsea against Sunderland and Sunderland agreed to kick the ball out in the 26th minute so he could get a guard of honour. Absolutely cringey and something I wouldn’t be pleased with if Hibs did something similar for an opposition player.

Hope Fulham absolutely hammer them and the young lad Sessegnon runs that racist twat ragged

Agree.That game was cringe cringe cringe.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2018, 04:03 PM

Also when Chelsea won the Champs League and he wasn't playing. I might be wrong (too lazy to Google it too) but I don't think he was playing that night but still turned up on the field with his strip on to take all the honours. He's a weirdo.

26-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Not only is he a complete fud. He’s also a racist.

givescotlandfreedom
26-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Shame he's not that loyal to his teammates and his Mrs.

SanFranHibs
26-05-2018, 04:36 PM
With respects to league games looks like his wish may be fulfilled.

0 -1 Fulham. And Terry nearly helped Fulham to a second.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Looks like Terry has got his wish and won't be playing against Chelsea next season.

Bostonhibby
26-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Well done Fulham. Imagine saving JT having a moral dilemma

McD
27-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Also when Chelsea won the Champs League and he wasn't playing. I might be wrong (too lazy to Google it too) but I don't think he was playing that night but still turned up on the field with his strip on to take all the honours. He's a weirdo.

He even had on his shin pads! He also made sure he was wearing the captains armband

stu in nottingham
27-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Well done Fulham. Imagine saving JT having a moral dilemma

Imagine him even having a dilemma about his morals. ;)

Bostonhibby
27-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Imagine him even having a dilemma about his morals. ;)[emoji4]

Chic Murray
27-05-2018, 05:05 PM
He even had on his shin pads! He also made sure he was wearing the captains armband

Kind of like Gary Locke trying to pull the cup out of Fulton's hands in 1998. Cringeworthy.

theonlywayisup
30-05-2018, 04:52 PM
BREAKING NEWS: John Terry is to leave Aston Villa

CMurdoch
30-05-2018, 04:57 PM
BREAKING NEWS: John Terry is to leave Aston Villa

Big name, Old, past it and an ********.
The Rangers will sign him :wink:

Sir David Gray
30-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Big name, Old, past it and an ********.
The Rangers will sign him :wink:

Never before has a player been more suited to signing for one club.

hibbydog
30-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Never before has a player been more suited to signing for one club.

He is destined to join the growing list of despicable huns

Terry Butcher
Graeme Souness
Barry Ferguson
Andy Goram
El hadj diouf
Bilel Moshni
And many more...

WoreTheGreen
30-05-2018, 06:15 PM
He is destined to join the growing list of despicable huns

Terry Butcher