View Full Version : Brandon Barker

Not In The Know
23-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Just tweeted this
https://twitter.com/BrandonBarker96/status/999297813946216448/photo/1

:flag::flag:

SouthMoroccoStu
23-05-2018, 03:08 PM
It's either brilliant news or simply that us football fans read far too much into players social media accounts

Jack Hackett
23-05-2018, 03:10 PM
I'm not getting that. Image of him clapping his hands and a couple of clapping emoji... Could mean lliterally anything:dunno:

Tornadoes70
23-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Would love to see Brandon back for next season.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

adhibs
23-05-2018, 03:13 PM
I interperet it as a goodbye and thanks. Could mean absolutely anything or nothing though.

bingo70
23-05-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm not getting that. Image of him clapping his hands and a couple of clapping emoji... Could mean lliterally anything:dunno:

When I saw it I took it to mean good news but I see the daily record are saying it could be a sign he’s away.......

Probably means nothing

lapsedhibee
23-05-2018, 03:15 PM
I interperet it as a goodbye and thanks.

Yep, it's 100% a farewell gesture.

Or something else.

Off the bar
23-05-2018, 03:20 PM
it's been retweeted by the fishy account.....

could mean....

anything sadly

lapsedhibee
23-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Cracking assist for the equaliser in the last huns game. Thanks BB!

Brightside
23-05-2018, 03:32 PM
It's either brilliant news or simply that us football fans read far too much into players social media accounts

Its him saying good bye.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Its him saying good bye.

Thought that too

overdrive
23-05-2018, 03:41 PM
His Instagram story has the same photo with the tag line “missing it” followed by a sad emoji

Col2
23-05-2018, 04:08 PM
He will be back. I am certain of it

Jack Hackett
23-05-2018, 04:08 PM
I tend to go with the 'Goodbye' train of thought. He does have to return to his home club, so it's only polite to applaud the supporters of a club who've appreciated his contribution to their season.

What happens next season is up to MC and Brandon himself. Given that he's shown what he's capable of, more than a few teams will be looking at him. If an EPL club like Brighton were to show interest... and they can afford to pay a far higher percentage of his wage than we have, I think it would be hard for him to turn it down, regardless of how much he enjoyed his time with us. Brilliant stadium, great support, and like to play football much as we do.

Keyser Sauzee
23-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Are we going to start threads after every player posts a tweet or pic on Instagram?? That photo could mean absolutely anything and I’m struggling to see how any1 could take that it’s a sign he is coming back. Folk read far too much into social media these days :rolleyes:

andybev1
23-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Are we going to start threads after every player posts a tweet or pic on Instagram?? That photo could mean absolutely anything and I’m struggling to see how any1 could take that it’s a sign he is coming back. Folk read far too much into social media these days :rolleyes:

A symptom of no football and no trasnfer window - witdrawals from that strong footballing **** we were getting mainlined into us during the season :bevvied!::hi:

SquashedFrogg
23-05-2018, 05:55 PM

Don't see the problem really. Close season so people are going to post a range of things.

Although if a pic/tweet can mean 'anything' how can you then judge what it means?

I think it's no bad thing to speculate over players social media. All part of the fun.

Northernhibee
23-05-2018, 06:04 PM
Don't see the problem really. Close season so people are going to post a range of things.

Although if a pic/tweet can mean 'anything' how can you then judge what it means?

I think it's no bad thing to speculate over players social media. All part of the fun.

He's being cryptic. That tweet was late after the end of the season and in that picture he's not wearing a tee.

Say "Late" without the T.

Leigh.

Leigh's coming back :hyper

Just Alf
23-05-2018, 06:07 PM
YAS!

:flag: :flag:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
23-05-2018, 07:51 PM
YAS!

:flag: :flag:

Good news???

Jack Hackett
23-05-2018, 07:55 PM
Good news???

I would say he's referring to this :greengrin

He's being cryptic. That tweet was late after the end of the season and in that picture he's not wearing a tee.

Say "Late" without the T.

Leigh.

Leigh's coming back :hyper

SquashedFrogg
23-05-2018, 07:57 PM

Ah I see lol :)

Captain Trips
23-05-2018, 08:25 PM
It's like an episode of 3,2,1 on here.

SRHibs
23-05-2018, 08:28 PM
I did notice Boyle’s tweet to Barker about fancying the Europa next season has been deleted. Make of that what you will!

Captain Trips
23-05-2018, 08:32 PM
I did notice Boyle’s tweet to Barker about fancying the Europa next season has been deleted. Make of that what you will!

I think that's the holiday.

SquashedFrogg
23-05-2018, 08:35 PM
I think that's the holiday.

It was immediately after us qualifying. BB was already on holiday?

Captain Trips
23-05-2018, 08:51 PM
It was immediately after us qualifying. BB was already on holiday?

It maybe the bin though.

CraigHibee
23-05-2018, 09:24 PM
maybe he's got the clap?

:duck:

Just Alf
23-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Ah I see lol :)Indeed..
. It's been a long day :-)

snooky
23-05-2018, 11:33 PM
I interperet it as a goodbye and thanks. Could mean absolutely anything or nothing though.

I interpret the clapping as "Thanks for the encouragement, folks - appreciate it".
Like they do when they get an applause when being subbed and they return the clap back.

Johnny_Leith
24-05-2018, 12:12 AM
Scott Allan just posted a pic of him taking a corner whilst on loan at Hibs this season.

Hibs.net social media potential hibs players behaviour interpretation squad assemble!

Might need a catchier name....

California-Hibs
24-05-2018, 01:49 AM
Sorry guys, to me that's quite clearly a goodbye. Uploads a picture of the last game of the season where he's saying goodbye to the fans, and puts up the waving emoji also..

Would love to be wrong, absolutely smashing player!

RoxburghHibs
24-05-2018, 05:33 AM
Scott Allan just posted a pic of him taking a corner whilst on loan at Hibs this season.

Hibs.net social media potential hibs players behaviour interpretation squad assemble!

Might need a catchier name....

So Scott Allan to deliver the new kit next week it is 😁

Man Down Under
24-05-2018, 05:34 AM
I think being brought up as a man city player he will have his sites on EPL football. I hope his time at Hibs has helped, great player, but I think he'll be wanting a bigger stage to show what he can do.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

patlowe
24-05-2018, 05:55 AM
I tend to go with the 'Goodbye' train of thought. He does have to return to his home club, so it's only polite to applaud the supporters of a club who've appreciated his contribution to their season.

What happens next season is up to MC and Brandon himself. Given that he's shown what he's capable of, more than a few teams will be looking at him. If an EPL club like Brighton were to show interest... and they can afford to pay a far higher percentage of his wage than we have, I think it would be hard for him to turn it down, regardless of how much he enjoyed his time with us. Brilliant stadium, great support, and like to play football much as we do.

He has huge potential but is nowhere near ready for that level IMO. I wouldn't even be thinking about the Championship either yet, given how little football he has played and the nature of that league. Another year at Hibs, in a positive and familiar environment, would make sense for all parties to see if he can build on the flashes he showed last season. As a Hibs fan I'm biased though obviously!

calumhibee1
24-05-2018, 06:35 AM
He has huge potential but is nowhere near ready for that level IMO. I wouldn't even be thinking about the Championship either yet, given how little football he has played and the nature of that league. Another year at Hibs, in a positive and familiar environment, would make sense for all parties to see if he can build on the flashes he showed last season. As a Hibs fan I'm biased though obviously!

Agreed. I think he’s a wonderful player, but let’s keep in mind he didn’t always start for us.

MWHIBBIES
24-05-2018, 07:45 AM

Long way off premier league level yet. I think he'd struggle in the championship. He wasn't even our best winger this season.

24-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Sorry guys, to me that's quite clearly a goodbye. Uploads a picture of the last game of the season where he's saying goodbye to the fans, and puts up the waving emoji also..

Would love to be wrong, absolutely smashing player!

I reckon players like being cryptic to try and get a reaction from fans. Brandon does it as do others.

Here's one from Maclaren whilst not particularly cryptic but possibly trying to gauge fans' opinions of him. I'm more than happy to send some "love bombs" if it helps get him, Flo, Scotty and Brandon back next season.

https://twitter.com/jamie_maclaren/status/999623345053237248?s=19