PDA

View Full Version : Spare a thought for the Motherwell fans

monktonharp
22-05-2018, 10:57 PM
2 finals in the same season and not an old firm club. been there, wore the t shirt but won one! the 'Well on the other hand lost both. not a fan of them in any way but do understand their pain. I will never be back in their supporters club until they remove that picture they have above the main stage btw. however, I have an auld uncle living a mile from me, who along with his brother , moved here when about 26/17 yrs old from Motherwell and supported their team ever since. felt for them this weekend. Must be a few 'well fans through our way ?

Michael
22-05-2018, 11:08 PM
What's the picture?

monktonharp
22-05-2018, 11:23 PM
What's the picture?photie of auld pishie drawers

jacomo
22-05-2018, 11:53 PM
I feel for them. Decent club.

Ryan91
23-05-2018, 06:20 AM
My boss is a 'Well fan, really lovely guy and great to chat football with.

Folks like that know how it feels to be a real football fan, especially since most people from that area will be on a bus to Celtic Park or Ibrox most weekends

JimBHibees
23-05-2018, 06:31 AM
photie of auld pishie drawers

George Foulkes ? :greengrin

BullsCloseHibs
23-05-2018, 07:18 AM
They have their own flute band too mind. No sympathy for that lot. Morcorwell.

.Sean.
23-05-2018, 07:55 AM
photie of auld pishie drawers
Who?

SuperAllyMcleod
23-05-2018, 08:59 AM
2 finals in the same season and not an old firm club. been there, wore the t shirt but won one! the 'Well on the other hand lost both. not a fan of them in any way but do understand their pain. I will never be back in their supporters club until they remove that picture they have above the main stage btw. however, I have an auld uncle living a mile from me, who along with his brother , moved here when about 26/17 yrs old from Motherwell and supported their team ever since. felt for them this weekend. Must be a few 'well fans through our way ?

It’s actually pretty amazing that the past 3 seasons have seen a non old firm team make both cup finals - us, Aberdeen and Motherwell. Of course, we were the only team to win one and the only team to do it from the Championship.

Jones28
23-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Got Motherwell supporters in the family and felt a bit sorry for them on the day - they're Man U fans too so a ****ter of a day for them. Seeing Liverpool win the Champions league would top it off nicely 😂

Iggy Pope
23-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Least it stops Tam Cowan squeezing it into every unfunny, taxpayer funded sentence, every five ****ing minutes.
While avoiding their obviously unsporting financial irregularity over several years.

That **** aside, big enough side of our game and a decent side in the post war history.

TelaStella
23-05-2018, 10:20 PM
They have their own flute band too mind. No sympathy for that lot. Morcorwell.

Doesn’t make them anywhere near as bad as the huns or yams. It’s a known fact some of the older Motherwell SS boys have ties to that kind of s**** but the vast majority of their fans, colourful or moderate couldn’t give a toss about all that as they hate the old firm. Their support for their club has always caught my admiration, a really strong community club who should be a shining example to any of the smaller teams in Scotland.

I do concede that tam Cowan is an arse however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
24-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Who?here's a clue. a Hanoverian, married to an auld Greek geek.:na na:

monktonharp
24-05-2018, 12:22 AM
They have their own flute band too mind. No sympathy for that lot. Morcorwell.I worked with guys doon the pit. guy from Bellshill asks guy from Shotts.....is Shotts a big place? No bad size he says........we've Eleevin' Flit Bands. sums it up for that region but I still feel for the true Motherwell fans. lots of them are from surrounding areas Greenrigg, Airdrie/ Bailliston/Shotts! as well as the town of M/well.