PDA

View Full Version : HSL Director Elections

BSEJVT
22-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Folks these are due this year

They can’t have everyone resign at once as there needs to be a least a bit of continuity to manage the process

Therefore Jim Adie the guy responsible for most of the day to day running of it has resigned to kick the process of.

Jim has agreed to stand again.

Far be it from me to tell anyone how to vote but Jim is undoubtedly the glue that holds the whole thing together

I will be voting for Jim and would encourage everyone else to do so

Jim acknowledges that things could and can be done better but l can’t fault him for his efforts or his responses to the various threads on this board as Official HSL

For the avoidance of all doubt Jim didn’t ask for this endorsement and didn’t know I was providing it

BlackSheep
22-05-2018, 08:54 AM

They can’t have everyone resign at once as there needs to be a least a bit of continuity to manage the process

Therefore Jim Adie the guy responsible for most of the day to day running of it has resigned to kick the process of.

Far be it from me to tell anyone how to vote but Jim is undoubtedly the glue that holds the whole thing together

Jim acknowledges that things could and can be done better but l can’t fault him for his efforts or his responses to the various threads on this board as Official HSL

For the avoidance of all doubt Jim didn’t ask for this endorsement and didn’t know I was providing it

Having spoken with Jim on the phone and via email a few times since joining HSL I will second BSEJVT's endorsement, his passion for HSL and for Hibs shines through in every aspect of his role at HSL and knowing there is always room for improvement is also a great quality to possess, it only increases progression and pushes HSL to succeed.

Good luck Jim.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Who are the other current HSL directors

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Who are the other current HSL directors

Leeann, Stephen Dunn, Kenny Macaskill, Jackie McNamara, Charlie Reid, Gordon Smith.

Pagan Hibernia
22-05-2018, 11:42 AM
I’ve only started monthly donations in feb this year, so as I’m not a full member I can’t vote, but Jim seems to be doing a good job and I wish him well in the election, along with anyone else that wants to stand

tynehibs
22-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Do you have to have paid in £225 to vote ?

Leithenhibby
22-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Do you have to have paid in £225 to vote ?

Yes, only full members will have a vote.

GGTTH

tynehibs
22-05-2018, 01:15 PM
Yes, only full members will have a vote.

GGTTH

Thanks just short, but ill top up

DaveF
22-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Yes, Jim is doing a great job but it does, at times, seem like a one man show, when I'm assuming that is very much NOT the case.

I'd really like to see more people chip in and help Jim and the rest promote this and initially look to double the current membership as an immediate target. Not sure what I could offer up or whether I'd have time but there are good people out there with the idea's and skill to help this along and I hope they step up.

offshorehibby
22-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Chairman Kenny MacAskill to stand down as well but wont be seeking re-election.

This is the time to get a more pro active board in place, people who can hopefully kick on HSL.

Not In The Know
22-05-2018, 03:53 PM
On a day when FOH hand over £3milliion to HMFC this vote is more important than ever.

Personally I think HSL needs a major brand overhaul and the tone of voice for getting people needs to change for the better. Leeann has overseen some great marketing with the club and you would hope this can be applied to HSL. Even the name HSL is to corporate if you ask me....

BSEJVT
23-05-2018, 09:15 AM
On a day when FOH hand over £3milliion to HMFC this vote is more important than ever.

Personally I think HSL needs a major brand overhaul and the tone of voice for getting people needs to change for the better. Leeann has overseen some great marketing with the club and you would hope this can be applied to HSL. Even the name HSL is to corporate if you ask me....

Great to see folk getting involved in debate

One comment I would make and it’s not directed to quoted poster only is that I see plenty of reasons why things are wrong and need to change but very little input into what they need to change into.

I think we all recognise things could be better but coming up with ideas how to make it better is a challenge

Thats where our collective energies would be best directed

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Having spoken with Jim on the phone and via email a few times since joining HSL I will second BSEJVT's endorsement, his passion for HSL and for Hibs shines through in every aspect of his role at HSL and knowing there is always room for improvement is also a great quality to possess, it only increases progression and pushes HSL to succeed.

Good luck Jim.

I'll second that as well ... the guys enthusiasm and commitment seem beyond question ... contacted me after a few of my posts and I'm not even a member.

B.H.F.C
23-05-2018, 09:46 AM
Great to see folk getting involved in debate

One comment I would make and it’s not directed to quoted poster only is that I see plenty of reasons why things are wrong and need to change but very little input into what they need to change into.

I think we all recognise things could be better but coming up with ideas how to make it better is a challenge

Thats where our collective energies would be best directed

For me, I don’t think the comparisons with FOH are really valid. They started paying in or their club was going to die basically. I imagine that a fair proportion of those contributing just continued to do so as the money coming out each month was accounted for or wasn’t really missed.

I think HSL need a really clearly defined short term goal to get people contributing. A contribution they want to make to the player budget or something along those lines.

Still think that half the battle with fan ownership type things is that a lot of people don’t really understand what it is and what will happen when they get to the appropriate number of shares.

Iggy Pope
23-05-2018, 07:04 PM

Contributed from Day 1 and in perpetuity.
No correspondence from anyone, anywhere lately. Been a long while.

Where does this 'vote' take place and how? I don't get acknowledgement of funds transferred and haven't for months. No idea where the money goes, still basing my dough on trust.

Leithenhibby
23-05-2018, 07:25 PM

Where does this 'vote' take place and how? I don't get acknowledgement of funds transferred and haven't for months. No idea where the money goes, still basing my dough on trust.

There have been emails going out the last week or so!.... :confused:

OfficialHSL
23-05-2018, 09:10 PM

Iggy
Can you email us your details at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we can look into this.
We have had many cases where email has been delivered to Members Spam folders. Also some servers have rejected emails and after doing this several times Mailchimp delete you from their list.
Please also note that we understand that Go Cardless, the Direct Debit provider, stopped acknowledging individual donations over a year ago .

HSL

Iggy Pope
23-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Iggy
Can you email us your details at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we can look into this.
We have had many cases where email has been delivered to Members Spam folders. Also some servers have rejected emails and after doing this several times Mailchimp delete you from their list.
Please also note that we understand that Go Cardless, the Direct Debit provider, stopped acknowledging individual donations over a year ago .

HSL

I'll do that, ta.
Why did the GoCardless thing stop then?

Iggy Pope
23-05-2018, 09:33 PM
There have been emails going out the last week or so!.... :confused:

You off your bike yet?

Leithenhibby
23-05-2018, 10:38 PM
You off your bike yet?

Haha, all done and dusted ma man :cb

GGTTH