PDA

View Full Version : First HSL Director Election (Mid June)

offshorehibby
22-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Here is the HSL email received late last night

I am writing to you today to provide formal notice of our intention to run an election for the appointment of a new Director. The election will take place between Monday 18 June 2018 (9am) and Friday 22 June 2018 (5pm). Members will be able to vote from the members only section on our website, this will be the only method of voting. Our website address is https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk.

The vacancy comes about as a result of the resignation of James Adie who I am sure many of you will know. Jim has been a Director from the outset and I am pleased to confirm that Jim has decided to stand for re-election.

As you may be aware all of your Directors must retire on or before this years’ AGM and your Directors feel it best not to have five elections all at the one time.

I have confirmed to my fellow Directors that I will not be seeking re-election. While I have enjoyed my time as your Chairman I feel the baton needs to be passed on to someone new who can continue this great journey. It is my understanding that at this stage my fellow Directors also intend to step down at the AGM. We will of course make further announcements regarding those elections in due course.

In accordance with our Articles of Association any Member who has been a Member for at least six months prior to the date of the election can put themselves forward for the position of Director provided they meet the eligibility criteria outlined in the Articles. They should also note that it is also a requirement that they be nominated by at least 20 fellow Members, who in turn also have to have been Members for at least six months prior to nomination.

I think it is vitally important that I point out that the position of Director is a voluntary one and is very demanding on your time. I think it’s also fair to say that thick skin will help. With this in mind I would encourage any of our Members who are contemplating putting themselves forward to contact one of the existing Directors (of course not Jim on this occasion) if they feel an informal chat would help. Please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk with your contact details and one of us will give you a call. Can I also take the opportunity to point out that you have to be a fully paid up Member to be eligible, donators on a journey to full Membership, will not be able to vote.

Once decided, Members seeking to put themselves forward should contact us seeking a Nomination Form and a Nominators Form. These Forms should be returned to us no later than 5pm on Friday 1st June.

Kenny MacAskill
Chairman