PDA

View Full Version : 21.05.2016 commentary

21-05-2018, 06:16 PM
First of all, Happy 2nd Anniversary everyone! :thumbsup:

What are your favourite quotes from that day?

"What a moment this is . . . its Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeeeeer . . . . ."

"They've only gone and done it! they've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! WHAT KEPT YOU HIBS?!"

"The moment in time, the moment in history AT LAST! AT LAST! AT LAST!"

^ Just a few of my favourites

SouthMoroccoStu
21-05-2018, 08:12 PM
DAVID GRAY HAS SCORED! THE CAPTAIN!!!!
HIBS ARE STANDING ON THE BRINK OF HISTORY
AFTER 114 YEARS, THEY’VE ALMOST DONE IT!!
THEYVE ALMOST WON THE SCOTTISH CUP!

Didn’t even have to look it up, I, like many others on here, know this off the top of my head

21-05-2018, 08:13 PM
DAVID GRAY HAS SCORED! THE CAPTAIN!!!!
HIBS ARE STANDING ON THE BRINK OF HISTORY
AFTER 114 YEARS, THEY’VE ALMOST DONE IT!!
THEYVE ALMOST WON THE SCOTTISH CUP!

Didn’t even have to look it up, I, like many others on here, know this off the top of my head

I literally play that piece of commentary over in my head at least once a day EVERYDAY :greengrin:thumbsup:

HibeeHibernian4
21-05-2018, 09:39 PM
I love Cliff Pike, just as it's started to calm down from Gray's header (if that's even possible) and Rangers kick off, he goes "well, what do you now? What do you do now?!"

Summed it up perfectly for me, that sense of sheer "we've never been here before" territory that overcame me when Rangers got the game back underway. I have never been so terrified in my life, I was like a baby.

Thecat23
21-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Anyone got links to other commentaries from different countries? Mind listen to one it sounded superb.

Hibee Mac
21-05-2018, 09:55 PM
I love Cliff Pike, just as it's started to calm down from Gray's header (if that's even possible) and Rangers kick off, he goes "well, what do you now? What do you do now?!"

Summed it up perfectly for me, that sense of sheer "we've never been here before" territory that overcame me when Rangers got the game back underway. I have never been so terrified in my life, I was like a baby.

There are a few fan perspective videos that sum up this feeling so well. People just standing with their hands on their heads staring at the pitch.

The picture paints a thousand words, you can see everyone thinking "this never happens to us?..."

HibeeHibernian4
21-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Anyone got links to other commentaries from different countries? Mind listen to one it sounded superb.

The French one: https://twitter.com/lachainelequipe/status/734049251987193856

Soldiersteve
21-05-2018, 10:01 PM
It does now! :greengrin:flag:

Thecat23
21-05-2018, 10:11 PM
The French one: https://twitter.com/lachainelequipe/status/734049251987193856

That guy surely wanted a hibs win haha. No idea what he’s saying but he just sounds so happy we scored.

Craig_HFC
22-05-2018, 11:05 AM
The best commentary which pretty much summed up the thoughts of the Hibs support in the seconds after Gray bulleted in the winner is from HibsTV’s Conor Rafferty.

“NO DANGER!”

Green Man
22-05-2018, 11:09 AM
I love that French one. “Extroardinaire scenario!”

Sir David Gray
22-05-2018, 11:15 AM
That guy surely wanted a hibs win haha. No idea what he’s saying but he just sounds so happy we scored.

I like to think that it's French for "Hahaha get it right up ye Halliday ya horrible blue nosed *******."

But then French was never my strong point.

The Pointer
22-05-2018, 11:21 AM
The French commentary is the dugs but I remember watching an American one, a bit like Soccer Guy.

Seveno
22-05-2018, 12:08 PM
I loved Ian Crocker’s commentary. He clearly understood what it mean to Hibs.

’At last, at last, at last’ always brings a tear to my eye.

One Day Soon
22-05-2018, 12:12 PM
I loved Ian Crocker’s commentary. He clearly understood what it mean to Hibs.

’At last, at last, at last’ always brings a tear to my eye.

Just reading your post on it and remembering has me welling up.

worcesterhibby
22-05-2018, 12:44 PM
The French commentary is the dugs but I remember watching an American one, a bit like Soccer Guy.

I found out the name of the French guy and sent him a message on twitter thanking him
and he came back and said he loved it, one of the best cup finals he had seen, from any country, ever. Top Man

heidtheba
22-05-2018, 01:26 PM
It's funny really, I haven't attended a game since 2000 (Hibs v Celtic, think Jack got sent off) and I wasn't ever going to rock up to a final as I hadn't 'deserved it as a fan' - my thoughts and I've no axe to grind with anyone who did btw. I've always considered myself a very lapsed fan on here.

But watching the video over and over, the bit where you see two face painted girls in the crowd with their hands over their eyes as Henderson steps up to deliver. And the bit when we DO score and there's a view over the shoulder of one woman who is literally shaking and waiting for final whistle... Those bits get me welling up each time.

I can't imagine what it must have been like for the ST holders and those who have constantly rocked up to see Hibs play some utterly crap games. Payback? Nah, to me it seems a lot more. I don't well up because 'my team did it'. Because of my lapsed fan nature, I can't claim that. But to think of all those guys I used to go with and who sat around me, I don't even know if one of their fathers is still alive. That's the bit that makes me wanna cry like a 2 year old. Generations of (sorry to be sexist) fathers and sons who didn't see that and for those of you who one of you was there but the other wasn't? Well, for everything else there's Mastercard.

The teams that got relegated (including the one I saw under McLeish) - I consider them to be 'my teams' because I still think of myself as a Hibby in many ways. But that team that won the cup? The bit that makes me really want to sob is because it was your team and that's something special. I don't know any of you on here (although I think I taught one of you and probably sat over a parent's night table with another...) but it was all those regular posters that I was thinking of when that whistle went.

I'm not sure I explained that well but I hope I did!

Centre Hawf
22-05-2018, 01:29 PM
It's funny really, I haven't attended a game since 2000 (Hibs v Celtic, think Jack got sent off) and I wasn't ever going to rock up to a final as I hadn't 'deserved it as a fan' - my thoughts and I've no axe to grind with anyone who did btw. I've always considered myself a very lapsed fan on here.

But watching the video over and over, the bit where you see two face painted girls in the crowd with their hands over their eyes as Henderson steps up to deliver. And the bit when we DO score and there's a view over the shoulder of one woman who is literally shaking and waiting for final whistle... Those bits get me welling up each time.

I can't imagine what it must have been like for the ST holders and those who have constantly rocked up to see Hibs play some utterly crap games. Payback? Nah, to me it seems a lot more. I don't well up because 'my team did it'. Because of my lapsed fan nature, I can't claim that. But to think of all those guys I used to go with and who sat around me, I don't even know if one of their fathers is still alive. That's the bit that makes me wanna cry like a 2 year old. Generations of (sorry to be sexist) fathers and sons who didn't see that and for those of you who one of you was there but the other wasn't? Well, for everything else there's Mastercard.

The teams that got relegated (including the one I saw under McLeish) - I consider them to be 'my teams' because I still think of myself as a Hibby in many ways. But that team that won the cup? The bit that makes me really want to sob is because it was your team and that's something special. I don't know any of you on here (although I think I taught one of you and probably sat over a parent's night table with another...) but it was all those regular posters that I was thinking of when that whistle went.

I'm not sure I explained that well but I hope I did!

Once a Hibby, always a Hibby. It was your day as much as any of ours mate.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 01:34 PM

I'm not sure I explained that well but I hope I did!You did explain it well, great read[emoji106]

I've been to every cup final we've played in since 1971 (and hundreds of games in between) with more or less the same band of Hibbies.

At this final I was standing there thinking about the one guy who couldn't make this one game. After Sir David's goal my missus tells me I was just staring at the ground with clenched fists before exploding when the final whistle went. Can't say where most of us ended up after that, for legal reasons!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
22-05-2018, 02:20 PM
I heard a bit commentary from an English commentater about ' Hibs winning it with a big green pen ' Never heard it since and can't find it on google but it was tugging on the heart strings

Diclonius
22-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Aw, naw.

Hibbyradge
22-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Could someone let me know how to get the Henderson to deliver ringtone for Android, please.

BroxburnHibee
22-05-2018, 02:31 PM
I heard a bit commentary from an English commentater about ' Hibs winning it with a big green pen ' Never heard it since and can't find it on google but it was tugging on the heart strings

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb2Ee19mR_k

HibbyAndy
22-05-2018, 02:36 PM
You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb2Ee19mR_k

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The very one ! Great find thank you :aok:

scotia44
22-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Could someone let me know how to get the Henderson to deliver ringtone for Android, please.

Open and save send to phone or view and save fingers crossed

KSA Hibee
22-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Love all of the above but for me the best comment of the day was turning to kids and hearing .... “Dad we have won it” ... bedlum around us will never be forgotten ... 2 years have past and I still well up 💚💚💚

Big_Franck
22-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Not exactly commentary but any excuse to post this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJK5TadcnU

Stone Roses (This is the one) cup final video.

Big_Franck
22-05-2018, 03:12 PM

Here you go.

RoxburghHibs
22-05-2018, 03:43 PM
First of all, Happy 2nd Anniversary everyone! :thumbsup:

What are your favourite quotes from that day?

"What a moment this is . . . its Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeeeeer . . . . ."

"They've only gone and done it! they've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! WHAT KEPT YOU HIBS?!"

"The moment in time, the moment in history AT LAST! AT LAST! AT LAST!"

^ Just a few of my favourites

Anyone got BBC Radio Scotland commentary of the winning goal?

22-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Love all of the above but for me the best comment of the day was turning to kids and hearing .... “Dad we have won it” ... bedlum around us will never be forgotten ... 2 years have past and I still well up 💚💚💚

Love it! At FT i just remember huggin my dad, jumping up and down and just saying over and over again "we've done it! we've done it! we've done it!".

I love the West stand stone as well (not sure who it belongs to) that says "Wow. Just wow! 21.05.2016". Pretty much sums up the feeling at FT, sheer disbelief.

GreenLake
22-05-2018, 03:52 PM

It was on over here on GolTV. I posted the exact sentence somewhere on here. My Tivos deleted the recordings after about 18 months.

22-05-2018, 03:53 PM
I also took a moment in amoungst the madness at FT to turn to my brothers (both whom have never seen hibs win a cup before as they didn't go to the 2007 final) and told them "Never forget this moment for as long as yous live". Because its easy to get caught up in these moments and not fully take it all in. I wanted them to take it all in and apprecaite just how truly special this was.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Anyone got BBC Radio Scotland commentary of the winning goal?The bit where Preston says we couldn't have done it without hearts?[emoji6]

GreenLake
22-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Here is a transcript of the American GolTV commentary done by an English guy with a Yorkshire accent (I think). He was brilliant and very fair all match.

"Stokes! Great save and it very nearly fell into the path of Keatings as well.
Oh that may have been the moment.
Again, he's got Tavernier on toast here.
And it could very well have been stuck in by Keatings had Fotheringham not got his fist to the balll.
Henderson's delivered and it's a header an it's in!!!!!
And wouldn't you know it!
It's the captain David Gray that rewrites history for Hibernian Football Club.
115 Agonizing years are brought to an end by a bullet header by David Gray of Hibernian.
The scenes on the terraces are incredible.
History rewritten at Hampden Park and it's rewritten in big green pen."

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Some great memories there.

Whatever happened to that disrespectful bellend that managed sevco at the time. Old whatshisnameagain?

You never hear about, or from, him now.

Used to be a memorable song dedicated to the occasion as well☺

HibbyAndy
22-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Here is a transcript of the American GolTV commentary done by an English guy with a Yorkshire accent (I think). He was brilliant and very fair all match.

"Stokes! Great save and it very nearly fell into the path of Keatings as well.
Oh that may have been the moment.
Again, he's got Tavernier on toast here.
And it could very well have been stuck in by Keatings had Fotheringham not got his fist to the balll.
Henderson's delivered and it's a header an it's in!!!!!
And wouldn't you know it!
It's the captain David Gray that rewrites history for Hibernian Football Club.
115 Agonizing years are brought to an end by a bullet header by David Gray of Hibernian.
The scenes on the terraces are incredible.
History rewritten at Hampden Park and it's rewritten in big green pen."

Amazing :hibees:top marks

Galahibby
22-05-2018, 06:51 PM
I literally play that piece of commentary over in my head at least once a day EVERYDAY :greengrin:thumbsup:

I have it as the alarm on my iPad. Wakes me (and probably half my neighbours) up every morning :thumbsup:

Joe6-2
22-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Aw, naw.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Joe6-2
22-05-2018, 07:03 PM
Some great memories there.

Whatever happened to that disrespectful bellend that managed sevco at the time. Old whatshisnameagain?

You never hear about, or from, him now.

Used to be a memorable song dedicated to the occasion as well☺

I was raging that he never once congratulated Hibs on the win, as is the sporting thing to do, BUT, who cares, he’s an absolute bellend

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 07:07 PM
I was raging that he never once congratulated Hibs on the win, as is the sporting thing to do, BUT, who cares, he’s an absolute bellendAgree.

He works for the national broadcaster where the charter at least implies impartiality.

Bellend doesn't even begin to describe it. Best to say career yam apologist.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2018, 07:07 PM
I was raging that he never once congratulated Hibs on the win, as is the sporting thing to do, BUT, who cares, he’s an absolute bellend

Some might even say that he's a fanny.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Some might even say that he's a fanny.Count me in, what could be worse than having to work at being popular with the maroon balloons?

Romanov achieved it without even trying whilst bleeding them dry simultaneously.