View Full Version : Michael O'Halloran

21-05-2018, 09:59 AM
If we are interested in signing Michael O'Halloran , it looks like the task just became a lot easier...

Rangers forward Michael O'Halloran 'regrets' sitting with Celtic fans at Scottish Cup final as he faces backlash from angry supporters - Link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5752569/Rangers-forward-OHalloran-expresses-regret-sitting-Celtic-fans-Scottish-Cup-final.html)

21-05-2018, 10:00 AM
He's a total fool for doing so.

I fancy our chances of signing him now

21-05-2018, 10:04 AM
"Michael didn't realise he would be surrounded by Celtic fans"

😂😂😂

21-05-2018, 10:04 AM
He's a total fool for doing so.

I fancy our chances of signing him now

Are we even in for him?

O'Halloran and Haliday from Der Hun. Who seen that coming?

Souter96Mac
21-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Would probably take O'Halloran. Seem to remember he was more of a winger at St Johnstone, so not sure if he'd come in to compete with Boyle, or if we'd look to play him upfront.

Humo
21-05-2018, 10:12 AM
If we can't get Barker back and the fee was reasonable I'd take him.

21-05-2018, 10:27 AM
He usually plays on the left so potential barker replacement if he's not coming back

21-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Vastly inferior to Barker in my opinion

21-05-2018, 10:51 AM
I seem to remember him being a decent player at St Johnstone a few years ago.

21-05-2018, 10:54 AM
I seem to remember him being a decent player at St Johnstone a few years ago.

And first half of the season.

21-05-2018, 11:18 AM

He was good for the saints. Scored a decent amount of goals.

Mind you so did Danny Swanson!

21-05-2018, 11:29 AM

In terms of his ability to beat a man i'd agree. O'Hallaron is far more of a goal threat playing wide left in a front 3 for example though.

21-05-2018, 11:39 AM
The poor guy's getting pilloried on The rangers fans' websites. He shouldn't have done it of course. A novel way to hand in your notice.

YanYansen
21-05-2018, 11:43 AM
The poor guy's getting pilloried on The rangers fans' websites. He shouldn't have done it of course. A novel way to hand in your notice.

Nae sympathy. What a clueless gimp. I mean, really - the Celtc end at a cup final?!!

It is absolutely first-class, weapons-grade trolling, I'll give him that!

21-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Unless he's working his ticket and sees it as a chance to get out of that crappy club

21-05-2018, 11:54 AM

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/316027-moh-in-with-the-beggars-yesterday/

Not for the faint hearted!

21-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Ah, but was he not in an area that was initially kept in reserve for Motherwell fans but their initial 12k allocation was enough.

21-05-2018, 12:00 PM
If we can't get Barker back and the fee was reasonable I'd take him.

Can't see The Rangers holding out for a fee. Would be a PR disaster with their fans if he is not seen to be emptied. Even Traynor would struggle to get a statement that would suffice.

21-05-2018, 12:02 PM

"In with the beggars"...must share their beliefs.

21-05-2018, 12:08 PM

I'd fear for my safety if I was O'halloran, they way some of them are going on about him.

21-05-2018, 12:16 PM

Just unbelievable language and comments, they really are stuck in the 17th century and, they are loathsome bigots.

21-05-2018, 12:21 PM
I think he's played a blinder. He's not getting a game so needs a move. Rangers now need to get rid but he holds all the cards. He's not done anything to justify sacking or disciplinary action, therefore he can demand as big a pay out as he wishes compared to if he went to the club and told them he wanted to move to get a game.

AltheHibby
21-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Wow. Just wow. Even by their (lack of) standards that is just appalling.

21-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Superb trolling from MOH. Got a lot of time for that.

21-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Unless he's working his ticket and sees it as a chance to get out of that crappy club

I think that's exactly what he's doing.

21-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Lets just stop this and get Barker back.

21-05-2018, 01:07 PM
He’s a player I really rate.

Can beat a man with ease, is rapid and chips in with his fair amount of goals. Quite good technically on the ball too.

I would 100% take him here. The more attacking options we have, especially in the wider area as wingers tend to be inconsistent is huge.

21-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Nae sympathy. What a clueless gimp. I mean, really - the Celtc end at a cup final?!!

It is absolutely first-class, weapons-grade trolling, I'll give him that!

He's a fan though, what's he done that makes it so bad?

Celtic fans are pretty cool about Griffiths and Brown coming through to support us. I really don't get it.

YanYansen
21-05-2018, 01:10 PM
He's a fan though, what's he done that makes it so bad?

Would you have approved of, say, Cummings being in the Hertz end while playing for us? I know I wouldnae.

21-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Ah Michael O'Halloran, you're a terrible man, so ye are. Now why would dem ole sticky boons be gettin all hot n bothered about ye now? Would dey be after questionin your commitment to di loite blues cause? :faf:

TAHibby
21-05-2018, 01:27 PM

The amount of them going on about him going to a church. Can you even imagine getting genuinely enraged because your player went to a catholic church.

I honestly wonder sometimes how level headed people put up with associating themselves with rangers, you go to the game and you're surrounded by wallopers and bigots. You go to any online platform attached to the club or anywhere in public attached to rangers and you're surrounded by wallopers and bigots.

21-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Would you have approved of, say, Cummings being in the Hertz end while playing for us? I know I wouldnae.

why not? I would hope we are not as parochial as they are.

TelaStella
21-05-2018, 01:36 PM

Definitely not! But it’s the huns so let’s just embrace how funny it is

21-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Don't think he's good enough for Hibs but bravo for winding up the currant buns Michael :lolrangers:

21-05-2018, 02:35 PM

There is lots of nasty **** on there.
They just sound like out of control morons.
Wish our supporters would stop using hun to describe them so that we have zero connection to any of that crap..

gordie18
21-05-2018, 02:58 PM
The article says he won the Scottish League Cup with them in 2015-16......I must have been asleep that day!!!

21-05-2018, 03:22 PM
The article says he won the Scottish League Cup with them in 2015-16......I must have been asleep that day!!!

Yes that’s what I thought too, I’m sure their cabinet is bereft if major trophies😚

21-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Wish our supporters would stop using hun to describe them so that we have zero connection to any of that crap..

Still trolling.

Keep up the good work.

You've obviously got over the disappointment of Hibs getting into Europe.

21-05-2018, 03:30 PM

If you're suggesting the word Hun is sectarian, its not.

21-05-2018, 03:53 PM

21-05-2018, 04:05 PM
If we are interested in signing Michael O'Halloran , it looks like the task just became a lot easier...

Rangers forward Michael O'Halloran 'regrets' sitting with Celtic fans at Scottish Cup final as he faces backlash from angry supporters - Link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5752569/Rangers-forward-OHalloran-expresses-regret-sitting-Celtic-fans-Scottish-Cup-final.html)

The language decribing that on The Bears Den is "somewhat choice". I actually posted something on the "Meltdown" thread because that's the only way to describe the reaction 😂😂

21-05-2018, 05:15 PM
I honestly wonder sometimes how level headed people put up with associating themselves with rangers, .....

I sometimes think that this is the most relevant question surrounding their support. We are told time and again that the bigot element is a minority. Given the behaviour, time and again, of some of them you'd think that the majority would pipe up and say something, self-police, start a campaign, issue a statement :wink:, or something to separate themselves from smelly, drunken, bigoted boors who make themselves the epitome of being a "hun". Never hear anything like that and never hear anything of the sort being suggested. The real reason I suspect being that the smelly, drunken, bigoted boor is in the majority among them.

21-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Apparently Whittaker was there as well?

w pilton hibby
21-05-2018, 07:22 PM

Seemingly Whittaker was at Scott Brown's testimonial.

https://videocelts.com/2018/05/blogs/fans/steven-whittaker-and-the-celtic-fan/

21-05-2018, 07:46 PM

He is a good pal of his, so not surprising

lugz
21-05-2018, 08:02 PM
Surprised his lad is a Celtic fan since he was brought up a jambo and played for us and the huns.

21-05-2018, 08:04 PM
The amount of them going on about him going to a church. Can you even imagine getting genuinely enraged because your player went to a catholic church.

I honestly wonder sometimes how level headed people put up with associating themselves with rangers, you go to the game and you're surrounded by wallopers and bigots. You go to any online platform attached to the club or anywhere in public attached to rangers and you're surrounded by wallopers and bigots.

For a group of fans who constantly remind/bore everyone to tears about how much pride they have in one religion, and their opposition and hatred of another religion, I`ve always found it quite amusing how few of them, if any at all, actually attend church to practice their favoured Protestant Christian Faith.

21-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Still trolling.

Keep up the good work.

You've obviously got over the disappointment of Hibs getting into Europe.

Trolling? You could have at least put a smiley after it :wink:.

Of course I am pleased that Hibs are in Europe.
The Motherwell call was my opinion based on a selfless way of looking at the question asked.
Occasionally your opinion will be very different from others but you have gotta have the balls to say it, even in the knowledge that you are going to get an online kicking.

21-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Surprised his lad is a Celtic fan since he was brought up a jambo and played for us and the huns.

Is it his wee boy? The link said he's taking a young Celtic fan, I don't know what his lad looks like, do you, it could just be he's wearing the strip because it's a testimonial.

21-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Can't make my mind up about him TBH. He had a great season a couple of years ago for St Johnstone, but since then I thought he's nothing special, even when he was loaned back to them apart from a couple of goals at the start of his loan spell.

21-05-2018, 08:33 PM

It's not but others perception is that it is.
Rangers supporters will tell you half the crap they spout is not sectarian but others perception is that it is.
Easier not to say Hun and thereby remove our club totally from that discussion.

21-05-2018, 08:37 PM

Not sure if you were hinting at it, but wasn’t Whitty at the Yams-Gretna final with his jambo dad while playing for us?

21-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Re O'Halloran, think he still has 2 years on his Rangers deal so unless they pay him off he will probably sit tight.
Obviously this latest stunt may get him the cash pay off and we could step in.
The follow follow nutters are somewhere between running him over and leaving him to rot on his own with the reserves.

21-05-2018, 08:49 PM

How's the wee laddie supposed to watch the match when the cruel bassa Whittaker's put tape over his eyes?

21-05-2018, 08:56 PM
How's the wee laddie supposed to watch the match when the cruel bassa Whittaker's put tape over his eyes?

:greengrin:top marks

22-05-2018, 05:34 AM

The Motherwell call was my opinion based on a selfless way of looking at the question asked.
Occasionally your opinion will be very different from others but you have gotta have the balls to say it, even in the knowledge that you are going to get an online kicking.

Occasionally being the key word.

The last couple of posts I've seen from you were wanting a Motherwell win and on this thread buying into the whole sevco deflection agenda by saying you wished Hibs fans wouldn't use hun.

Maybe your just on a wee run of selfless opinions that are totally different from the vast majority of Hibbies opinions :wink:

22-05-2018, 08:28 AM

Oh no! Whittakergate.

22-05-2018, 08:30 AM

You’ve had some extremely tedious chat from Hibbies in the past few days.

Best ignored.

22-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Rangers supporters will tell you half the crap they spout is not sectarian but others perception is that it is.
Easier not to say Hun and thereby remove our club totally from that discussion.

I agree with this to be fair. Whether it’s sectarian or not, people seem to be unsure at times. I personally would just avoid getting caught up in it by not using it.

22-05-2018, 08:47 AM
I agree with this to be fair. Whether it’s sectarian or not, people seem to be unsure at times. I personally would just avoid getting caught up in it by not using it.

Whether it’s sectarian or not, no word is better suited to describe them than Huns. I’ll cotinue to use it until it becomes a criminal offence to do so, which surely will never be the case. Don’t rule anything out in this country though!

Chip shop Joe
22-05-2018, 08:55 AM
All “sectarianism” aside I think he would be a cracking signing.

22-05-2018, 09:34 AM
All “sectarianism” aside I think he would be a cracking signing.

He'd be nailed-on to score a winning goal at Ibrox as well.

22-05-2018, 09:41 AM

Some education required then.

22-05-2018, 09:42 AM
I should imagine Rangers will be really easy to deal with. :rolleyes:

bigell
22-05-2018, 09:45 AM
I should imagine Rangers will be really easy to deal with. :rolleyes:

Sure he will end up back in St Johnstone, he gets on with everyone there

22-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Sure he will end up back in St Johnstone, he gets on with everyone there

He's to good for them, think he would do well for us, get him signed.

Juice-Terry
22-05-2018, 10:19 AM
I too would be very happy with us signing him. Guid player.

ToffeeCabbage
22-05-2018, 10:29 AM
I honestly wonder sometimes how level headed people put up with associating themselves with rangers

This is something I've thought of a lot recently. I know a fair few rangers fans, some knuckledraggers, some sensible and some who I would consider close friends. Always felt I could have a reasonable football discussion with the sensible ones but not anymore. The last few years they have changed and the poison and paranoia of Rangers and Traynor has seeped into them. They subscribe and buy into all the drivel and spin when they would have dismissed it entirely before. Sad really

22-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Oh no! Whittakergate.

:agree: Sure there was a report earlier in the season where he was described as rattling something. Most likely beads (though could also possibly have been woodwork).

proud_and_green
22-05-2018, 12:25 PM
This is something I've thought of a lot recently. I know a fair few rangers fans, some knuckledraggers, some sensible and some who I would consider close friends. Always felt I could have a reasonable football discussion with the sensible ones but not anymore. The last few years they have changed and the poison and paranoia of Rangers and Traynor has seeped into them. They subscribe and buy into all the drivel and spin when they would have dismissed it entirely before. Sad really

I agree, had a chat with a bloke I know sensible guy, intelligent, professional job, university educated. On the subject of sectarianism he defended their right to call Lennon all the names under the sun, question his parentage and spite his religion on the grounds that Celtic sing sectarian songs....!

22-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Get him signed. Nap tae score the winner against the huns. I always thought hertz as the club that keeps on giving BUT the huns just exceed expectations at the moment

22-05-2018, 08:31 PM

I've got zero connections to any of that crap and I call them Huns.

It's a mildly pejorative nickname for followers of The Rangers and its previous incarnation.

It doesn't apply to supporters of other clubs, despite them being majority Protestant background.

If Hearts supporters start behaving like Rangers supporters, they get called Diet Huns.

22-05-2018, 09:21 PM

You’ve had some extremely tedious chat from Hibbies in the past few days.

Best ignored.

Hibbies?

22-05-2018, 09:29 PM
I've got zero connections to any of that crap and I call them Huns.

It's a mildly pejorative nickname for followers of The Rangers and its previous incarnation.

It doesn't apply to supporters of other clubs, despite them being majority Protestant background.

If Hearts supporters start behaving like Rangers supporters, they get called Diet Huns.

Spot on. And if we give up calling them Huns they’ll just move on to the next thing. According to Huns, we only hate them because we’re all sectarian bigots. :rolleyes:

22-05-2018, 09:30 PM
So, are we interested in this guy or not? Anyone know?

22-05-2018, 09:35 PM
Spot on. And if we give up calling them Huns they’ll just move on to the next thing. According to Huns, we only hate them because we’re all sectarian bigots. :rolleyes:

As I said previously on another thread, my Jambo pals call them Huns. I presume they don't do so because they think it's an anti-Protestant term.

Re M O'H - i don't think there's been a serious suggestion we are interested, only that his exit from Ipox seems inevitable. Personally, I'd be happy to see him at ER.