PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea = anti-football

Hibbyradge
19-05-2018, 05:58 PM
They're about to win the cup, but they've been horrible.

JimboHibs
19-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Both have been horrible.

RossScott1991
19-05-2018, 06:00 PM
I don’t mind. In fact I prefer Chelsea to win it like this it sort of gives mourinho a taste of his own medicine. Can’t stand him.

Both have been terrible. Man Utd though all season I usually flick off when they are on tv

B.H.F.C
19-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Bet they’ll be gutted about that!

CMac1988
19-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Must've missed what Man U have done all game to justify Chelsea being called the team who play anti football...

wpj
19-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Man u 14/1 to score in injury time

Just Jimmy
19-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Won it playing mourinho football.

Utd need to launch him. He's never a utd manager. It's horrible to watch.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 06:09 PM
It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Man Utd managed one decent corner from the 549 they were awarded.

staunchhibby
19-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Poor advert for a cup final.Man utd poor and Chelsea not much better.

The_Horde
19-05-2018, 06:14 PM
It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Man Utd managed one decent corner from the 549 they were awarded.

That one in the final minutes was absolutely rotten. Floated right into the keepers arms.

And Pogba's headed sitter. The big players in world football score them and drag their teams through these games. He's just not got it. Wouldn't be surprised if he wound up playing for besiktas or someone of that ilk in the near future. Massively overrated player.

Thecat23
19-05-2018, 06:38 PM

Man U were as bad. I’d say they have produced many anti-football games this season. Delighted the “special one” got what he deserved.

McD
19-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Conte mourinho’d mourinho

CMac1988
19-05-2018, 06:46 PM
I think it was what Chelsea did rather than Man U.
we complained plenty when watching opposing teams play that style in the championship.
It may be how we would play if we scored in a European game though but it was eye bleeding stuff from Chelsea.
Man U showed money doesn't guarantee good players, they were dross and deserved their 0.
It was like, who wants it least.
two teams from the best league in the world, didn't even look like the best league in England.
Scottish cup final was poor viewing but much better than that.

Perhaps. Don't necessarily disagree but it's not like the football from Man U was much better. Ultimately a fairly bland game from both teams and somehow a poorer advert from football than the Scottish cup final.

berwickhibee
19-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Shocking game and a total lack of ability on show. 2 negative managers dont help.

JohnM1875
19-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Wow, folk really hate Mourinho eh?!

Personally I like the guy. Reminds me of Lennon in a lot of ways. People also forget up until about a month ago his Chelsea team had the highest points total. Not bad for anti-football

PatHead
19-05-2018, 07:08 PM
I don't like Chelsea, 10 years ago their fans invaded Manchester pretending to be Rangers fans.

It therefore gave Rangers an undeserved name for their fans being hooligans. We all know that they, as well as being the same club, have fans that only protect their players.

Wish United had won.

BullsCloseHibs
19-05-2018, 07:20 PM
I'd have asked for a refund paying to watch that. Truly awful game of fitba. Chelsea won but they are murder on the eye. Glad they didn't qualify for the CL. And rightly so.

poolman
19-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Best league in the world my jacksy

Was a terrible game

ekhibee
19-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Wasn't a great game, but Hazard is a class act, one of the best players in the world IMO. Reckon he needs to move on though.

adhibs
19-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Best league in the world my jacksy

Was a terrible game

was absolutely brutal. hype clearly accounts for a lot more than real value.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2018, 07:54 PM
Got a text from a mate who follows forest. He was at Wembley but watched the Scottish cup final as well. Pasted below. I think he was right.

What an utter bore festival that was Chelsea played like mourhino was their manager and so did man u. At least motherwell kicked lumps out of celtic before losing.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

heretoday
19-05-2018, 08:44 PM
I thought it was an absorbing match. United had more possession obviously but when they did break forward Chelsea were slicker and faster - Hazard leading the way.

I wouldn't cross the road to watch Man United. Mourinho has assembled a team of great players but he's turned them into dull performers.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2018, 08:49 PM
I thought it was an absorbing match. United had more possession obviously but when they did break forward Chelsea were slicker and faster - Hazard leading the way.

I wouldn't cross the road to watch Man United. Mourinho has assembled a team of great players but he's turned them into dull performers.Fair comments. Jose will be out early mumping that if he's to succeed he needs even more money to blow on big names. Another empty season looms.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
19-05-2018, 10:34 PM
This thread had me confused - I thought Jose Mourinho was manager of Chelsea :hilarious Hits home how little attention I pay to English football.

Sammy7nil
19-05-2018, 10:38 PM
Man Utd have been dire to watch this season I am so glad they lost. Like all Jose teams other than a couple of blips they just don't play football. Said in the commentary today the first half was like they were playing with the handbrake on. How can you spend that much money and set your team up for a nil nil ? The sooner he hangs up his jumper the better. He even made Real Madrid look bad and his Porto team were play acting cheats. can tell I am not a fan :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
19-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Both teams Hearts with money. Both managers Levein with A levels.

Tug Wilson
20-05-2018, 12:52 AM
London's 2nd best team beats Manchester's 2nd best team. Who cares?

jgl07
20-05-2018, 01:17 AM
A chronically bad match of football.

What is the common factor between the teams involved?

Who has shaped the philosophy underlying both teams?

Answers on a postcard both clubs.

Hibbyradge
20-05-2018, 09:10 AM
People also forget up until about a month ago his Chelsea team had the highest points total. Not bad for anti-football

That was then. This is now.

The Harp Awakes
20-05-2018, 09:10 AM

So predictable it was going to be a cr@p final. Both teams are boring. I'd watch Scottish football any day before either of those teams.

HibbyAndy
20-05-2018, 09:17 AM
So predictable it was going to be a cr@p final. Both teams are boring. I'd watch Scottish football any day before either of those teams.

2 teams with a very defensive mind set , I'm looking more forward to Livi v Partick later than that drivel i witnessed yesterday

TheMentalHibees
20-05-2018, 11:39 AM

Really? United were boring as **** yesterday but to blame Mourinho for the way Conte set up his team is a bit of a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
20-05-2018, 11:59 AM
For the money Man U have spent they are honking.
Guys like Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku came for millions yet all have regressed. That shouldn’t happen to these players in the space of a few months. Can only be down to the manager and his tactics. Even Rashford doesn’t look the player he was when he broke through.
Plus a defence of Young, Valencia, Smalling and Jones is not good enough. David de Gea must be wondering if he will ever get a move to Real Madrid.
Man U will never win the league under Mourinho. He’s more interested in stopping the opposition than allowing his top players to express themselves.

GreenLake
20-05-2018, 12:08 PM
I got tickets for this FA Cup Final in 1994 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OXvDcfIV9w) between Chelsea and Man Utd and it was a much better game to watch than what I saw yesterday.

keep the faith
20-05-2018, 12:14 PM
The last 3 years have seen much better Scottish cup finals than FA cup finals.

Our game has so much going for it.

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2018, 01:28 PM

Last year's Fa cup final was great.

Hibi
20-05-2018, 01:37 PM

Agreed. Always been a fan but tbh bored of English football. Rarely even watch MOTD these days, fixtures are just uninspiring, Southampton’s, Stoke, burnley, Huddersfield doesn’t really excite. And then the overhyped “big” fixtures which are often dire to watch, I usually try and pick out Liverpool and Man City otherwise not interested.

On the whole feel like English football has lost its soul. Was watching game yesterday and they keep referring to it as oldest most traditional fixture which hasn’t changed. Just didn’t ring true as half the stadium remained empty 10-15 minutes into such a historic game due to corporate, hospitality etc. in a stadium which fa are currently trying to sell.

Lago
20-05-2018, 07:34 PM

Playing football the old fashioned Italian way.

BullsCloseHibs
20-05-2018, 08:04 PM
was absolutely brutal. hype clearly accounts for a lot more than real value.

Stopped listening to the likes of Lineker and Shearer years ago. They are paid to big up that league. German fitba miles ahead, in terns of class and technical ability.

BullsCloseHibs
20-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Agreed. Always been a fan but tbh bored of English football. Rarely even watch MOTD these days, fixtures are just uninspiring, Southampton’s, Stoke, burnley, Huddersfield doesn’t really excite. And then the overhyped “big” fixtures which are often dire to watch, I usually try and pick out Liverpool and Man City otherwise not interested.

On the whole feel like English football has lost its soul. Was watching game yesterday and they keep referring to it as oldest most traditional fixture which hasn’t changed. Just didn’t ring true as half the stadium remained empty 10-15 minutes into such a historic game due to corporate, hospitality etc. in a stadium which fa are currently trying to sell.

The very reason I kb'd SS. Was becoming duller than dull. Its for wee boys. Don't see any attraction in the EPL. Yawn. Far rather watch Championship and below. REAL fitba.

banarc7062
21-05-2018, 05:28 AM
Won it playing mourinho football.

Utd need to launch him. He's never a utd manager. It's horrible to watch.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Fully agree. How are you to score when the ball is constantly played towards your OWN goal and not to the opposition. Fergie must cringe sitting watching that style of play.

LustForLeith
21-05-2018, 05:40 AM
Chelsea could be in trouble now Abramovich hasn’t had His British visa renewed...

Thecat23
21-05-2018, 05:52 AM
Chelsea could be in trouble now Abramovich hasn’t had His British visa renewed...

Just a delay I think, he’ll get it cleared! Plus he has staff to carry out daily duties. Would be funny if they said no though.

Thing is if he went another Russian or Sudi Prince would buy the club from him. Chelsea are seen as a huge club so be easy to sell.

lugz
21-05-2018, 07:27 AM
Football is about winning. Sure the team and their fans went home happy.

lapsedhibee
21-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Football is about winning. Sure the team and their fans went home happy.

Hiya Bobby, hiya pal. :wink:

AZhibee
22-05-2018, 02:37 AM
4-0 Hibs v Chelsea, 1986, Easter Road friendly, great memory.