PDA

View Full Version : Boyle and Barker dropping hints on twitter?

we are hibs
19-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Sorry it's not letting me link it but Boyle asked barker if he fancied Europe and an emoji with a contract at the end. Maybe staying?

CMac1988
19-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Don't put too much thought into twitter posts as there usually an indication of a bit of banter between teammates but why not. :D

Rocky
19-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Don't put too much thought into twitter posts as there usually an indication of a bit of banter between teammates but why not. :D

I agree, but what that exchange does tell me is that squirrel doesn't know for sure that barker is away. If there was no chance of him coming back I reckon the players would know.

JimboHibs
19-05-2018, 07:51 PM
I agree, but what that exchange does tell me is that squirrel doesn't know for sure that barker is away. If there was no chance of him coming back I reckon the players would know.

That exchange tells nothing.

snooky
19-05-2018, 07:54 PM

Yes, what I read in the tweet is that the Barkster isn't coming back as things stand just now however, the emoji suggests that Boyle is tempting him to consider it (although Brandon may have already decided - one way or the other). That's of course, if Man C & Hibs are agreeable.

Iggy Pope
19-05-2018, 08:00 PM
That exchange tells nothing.

Must be a social media thing. I've just had one very similar on here.

Callum_62
19-05-2018, 08:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180519/8bb22d0563fac8c5fe6fa89e475eb3a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keyser Sauzee
19-05-2018, 08:13 PM
People reading too much into twitter banter between players, highly highly doubt Barker will be here next season.

Hannah_hfc
19-05-2018, 08:30 PM
Martin liked my response of an agreement gif, what I took from it was that Barker would love to come back if he could but I can imagine it’s a situation completely out his hands, probably a bit awkward for him to respond to

19-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Martin liked my response of an agreement gif, what I took from it was that Barker would love to come back if he could but I can imagine it’s a situation completely out his hands, probably a bit awkward for him to respond to

I took the same from this interview where he says he'd love to come back but it is Man City's decision. :greengrin

https://youtu.be/YYYOiJJSO4s

Hibeewilly
19-05-2018, 08:46 PM
People reading too much into twitter banter between players, highly highly doubt Barker will be here next season.
Why not.....he'll be going on loan somewhere why not here. 2 years left on his City contract

Keyser Sauzee
19-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Why not.....he'll be going on loan somewhere why not here. 2 years left on his City contract

Because City will want to move him up in level if they are sending him out on loan, probably to a championship team. Would love him to come back but it probably won’t happen and like I said, folk reading a little too much into banter on twitter.

1van Sprou7e
19-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Because City will want to move him up in level if they are sending him out on loan, probably to a championship team. Would love him to come back but it probably won’t happen and like I said, folk reading a little too much into banter on twitter.

Not necessarily, going to a club where he is settled and has proven himself may well be better for his development than sending him to a new club

Col2
19-05-2018, 08:57 PM
So many knowledge people on this forum who know what Barkers next move will be. Except they don’t.

OP was a fair assumption - he loved his time with us, we looked after him and he developed with us. Why can’t he be lined up to come back?

Hibeewilly
19-05-2018, 08:57 PM
I haven't even seen Twitter mate. He is not remotely good enough to progress at City and is probably on a fair wage....I see him back here next year whilst City manage his wages...just a gut feeling

Unseen work
19-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Personally think Barker should come back here on loan.

It’s not like he is too good for us or set the heather alight.

He was good but often flattered to deceive imo. Unfortunate to get injured at the time he did as he was coming onto a game and we brought in players that would have suited him.

There’s no doubt he has fantastic ability, but he has to be more consistent and improve his end product.

He’s not going to do that sitting on the bench of a championship club or playing in a relegation battle.

Come back here where we will be on the front foot most games and continue to improve.

Jack Hackett
19-05-2018, 09:59 PM
City sent him here to develop and there's no question he's doing that. He suffered an injury and we looked after him, with game on game improvement on his return. I think City will be pleased at the way we're bringing him on and be happy for another seasons improvement with us. We can but hope.

Hannah_hfc
19-05-2018, 11:03 PM
City sent him here to develop and there's no question he's doing that. He suffered an injury and we looked after him, with game on game improvement on his return. I think City will be pleased at the way we're bringing him on and be happy for another seasons improvement with us. We can but hope.

I’d definitely hope city view it that way, Barker on loan again for next season would be a massive boost

SanFranHibs
20-05-2018, 12:30 AM
Is it out of the question that Man City might ask Barker? Unless their is another definite offer for him, permanent or loan, I am sure someone at City might ask him, 'How is it going up in...er...where is it? Of course, Scotland. Fancy another season up there?'.

We can but hope.

jgl07
20-05-2018, 02:03 AM
Is it out of the question that Man City might ask Barker? Unless their is another definite offer for him, permanent or loan, I am sure someone at City might ask him, 'How is it going up in...er...where is it? Of course, Scotland. Fancy another season up there?'.

We can but hope.

Brandon isn't going to be anywhere near the Manchester City first team squad. He was beset by a bad injury otherwise he might have had a queue of teams wanting to pay money to sign him. Obviously that didn't happen.

Another year on loan at Hibs seems the best option for all parties.

CraigHibee
20-05-2018, 08:44 AM

Exactly, who knows what will happen next season, would be good to have him back but folk shouldnt be reading into anything. The seasons just finished so no loan player will know whats happening with the expectation of returning to his club again

snooky
20-05-2018, 10:07 AM

We can but hope.

I'm sure Man City will do what is best for Man City. They may feel placing him in another team might broaden his experience, who knows? If they've been keeping tabs on him, they could we'll decide that ER is the best place for him to progress. The fact that Brandon appears to like it up here is a bonus if he has a say in the matter of going on another loan.

jgl07
20-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Because City will want to move him up in level if they are sending him out on loan, probably to a championship team.

So that he can be kicked to death?

Two matches a week against teams stuffed with ankle assassins?

WeeRussell
20-05-2018, 03:04 PM

There aren’t many English championship games I have watched this season I’d consider “up in level” compared to the football he’s been playing at Hibs. If that’s the only thing stopping us then I’d say we still have a fair shout of seeing him again.

City know he’s liked by hibs and lennon, fits in and is likely to get good game time.

Having said all that, I’m still not confident we will have him haha!