PDA

View Full Version : It's annoying but come on Celtic

Captain Trips
18-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Not a fan of wanting this mob to win any match but if it benefits Hibs I will treat this like its Hibs playing for a Euro spot.

Celtic to put this away early hopefully.

Lancs Harp
18-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Surely any Hibs fan puts Hibs interest above any dislike for anyone else?

Sir David Gray
18-05-2018, 10:13 PM
If I can support them for 90 minutes then anyone can.

I totally detest Celtic with a passion but I'm looking at the bigger picture here and looking after my own club's interests so I'm absolutely hoping that they win tomorrow.

CMurdoch
18-05-2018, 10:25 PM
I don't hate Celtic but i will be supporting Motherwell.
Gotta support a wee team and it's loyal supporters against Rich FC.

We would lose out but it would be for the greater good.

jonny
18-05-2018, 10:27 PM

Even at the expense of a shot at the Europa League for Hibs?

green day
18-05-2018, 10:27 PM

In which case, you are stupid, as only a Celtic win helps Hibs.

poolman
18-05-2018, 10:28 PM

Nonsense

One Day Soon
18-05-2018, 10:29 PM
i don't hate celtic but i will be supporting motherwell.
Gotta support a wee team and it's loyal supporters against rich fc.

wtf?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2018, 10:36 PM

Is it a full moon tonight?

Weir07
18-05-2018, 10:44 PM

I get where you're coming from but it seems to be swimming against the tide tonight. Fair play to you for saying what you think though.

oldbutdim
18-05-2018, 10:44 PM

Not even close to fooling anyone.

Nothing on the TV to keep you busy?

oldbutdim
18-05-2018, 10:45 PM
I get where you're coming from but it seems to be swimming against the tide tonight. Fair play to you for saying what you think though.

It's a double act!

Sir David Gray
18-05-2018, 10:45 PM
I'm truly gobsmacked at the number of Hibs fans hoping for Motherwell to win tomorrow.

Genuinely beggars belief.

One Day Soon
18-05-2018, 10:46 PM
I'm truly gobsmacked at the number of Hibs fans hoping for Motherwell to win tomorrow.

It's ****ing ridiculous and literally damaging to the club's interests.

Mr White
18-05-2018, 10:51 PM

I count 3. Considering the ever presence of trolls and attention seekers on this site that suggests to me that very few hibs fans genuinely want Motherwell to win the cup tomorrow tbh.

davhibby
18-05-2018, 10:52 PM
I just don't get why people bother if one of the 3 outcomes from a season that we aim for means so little to them

Greencore
18-05-2018, 10:56 PM
For the people that don't know....

Celtic = win = European football for hibs.

Motherwell = win = No European football for hibs.

European football = Money for hibs

- Come on Celtic.

Green Reaper
18-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Want celtc to win = Hibs fan
Want Well to win = not a Hibs fan ( and probably a jambo with no life)
Simple as

Tornadoes70
18-05-2018, 10:57 PM
I'll be absolutely delighted when Celtic beat Motherwell tomorrow. Our club enters European competition on the back of it and how could anyone wish anything different is beyond me but each to their own. Another big plus is I can't stand fat bigmouth yam lover Cowan and that'll be the icing on the cake when his team gets stuffed.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Onceinawhile
18-05-2018, 11:01 PM
There's 42 positions to finish in Scotland. If we had finished in any of the other 41 I would support Motherwell.

Unfortunately a Celtic win is for the best for hibs. As such, I hope they win.

Dashing Bob S
18-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Hope Celtic absolutely destroy Motherwell and underline how irrelevant domestic competition is and that the real winners are not overpaid overresourced losers. Hope we are the next team like we were the last to win a domestic trophy. Hope Celtic continue to be everybody’s bitches in Europe.?

Sir David Gray
18-05-2018, 11:11 PM
I count 3. Considering the ever presence of trolls and attention seekers on this site that suggests to me that very few hibs fans genuinely want Motherwell to win the cup tomorrow tbh.

Feels like more than that from the other threads discussing this as well but if there's three, there's three.

Still three more than I would have expected.

One Day Soon
18-05-2018, 11:11 PM
Hope Celtic absolutely destroy Motherwell and underline how irrelevant domestic competition is and that the real winners are not overpaid overresourced losers. Hope we are the next team like we were the last to win a domestic trophy. Hope Celtic continue to be everybody’s bitches in Europe.?

I think that pretty much covers it.

Clerie Green
18-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Come on the second team in GREEN!
nothing else !

sphibee
18-05-2018, 11:27 PM
I don’t think anyone wanting a Mortherwell win tomorrow can be classed as a Hibs fan.

And to post on here that they want a result that would be detrimental to our club and have us miss out on Europe? Come on eh!?
They are either a clown, or Jambo.
Or more accurately both of the above.

At least they’ve made it obvious and blown their cover!

Hi Heid Yin
18-05-2018, 11:27 PM
A Celtic win is a no brainer: they win and we are in Europe!

Tornadoes70
18-05-2018, 11:30 PM
A Celtic win is a no brainer: they win and we are in Europe!

Some have managed to condense it into less words, however, hammer and nails mate.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

CMurdoch
19-05-2018, 12:01 AM
I don’t think anyone wanting a Mortherwell win tomorrow can be classed as a Hibs fan.

And to post on here that they want a result that would be detrimental to our club and have us miss out on Europe? Come on eh!?
They are either a clown, or Jambo.
Or more accurately both of the above.

At least they’ve made it obvious and blown their cover!

Yes you have ....... very poor attempt at fishing

.... and please learn to spell the names of Scottish football teams.

JimmyL
19-05-2018, 12:08 AM
Personally would sacrifice Europe so the guys get a decent break before the new season so Well for me

HibeeHibernian4
19-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Personally would sacrifice Europe so the guys get a decent break before the new season so Well for me

The League Cup group stage starts two days later than the Europa League does. Stop fishing.

lord bunberry
19-05-2018, 01:20 AM
I’m not going to bother watching it. It’s counterintuitive to not want Motherwell to win, but If I watch I will get wrapped up in the occasion. Anyone know what’s on the other side?

Canon Hannan
19-05-2018, 01:33 AM
Just found 2 Jambos in this thread 😁
Anything that helps Hibernian is what we want. Plus it winds up Sevco 👍

Brizo
19-05-2018, 05:32 AM

If you go all season in all weathers at great expense to watch your team, you do so in the hope that they finish as high up the league as they can with the prize being getting into Europe. If that depends on Celtic winning today you have to want them to win.

Unless of course your team finished sixth, have a manager detested by a large section of your own support, play agricultural hoofball and your seasons achievement was a league win over your far superior neighbours.

danhibees1875
19-05-2018, 06:01 AM

So we're well rested to begin our year long quest to qualify for Europe? :confused:

Jim44
19-05-2018, 06:05 AM

Very considerate of you but, if you ask ‘the guys’ what they would prefer, I suspect they might just plump for European games.

Frazerbob
19-05-2018, 06:27 AM

You’d sacrifice a European campaign so the team get a rest so they are better prepared to try to qualify for Europe? How bizarre.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 06:41 AM

You do realise that if we don't qualify for Europe we'll get a whole extra two days' rest before the League Cup group stage would start?

Personally I would rather see us compete against a team like Brondby in the Europa League than play League Cup matches against the likes of Alloa and Cowdenbeath.

I'm done replying to any further posts on this topic, there's people on here who are clearly on the wind up.

California-Hibs
19-05-2018, 06:59 AM

Don't talk rubbish.

Bristolhibby
You do realise that if we don't qualify for Europe we'll get a whole extra two days' rest before the League Cup group stage would start?

Personally I would rather see us compete against a team like Brondby in the Europa League than play League Cup matches against the likes of Alloa and Cowdenbeath.

I'm done replying to any further posts on this topic, there's people on here who are clearly on the wind up.

And we would get some decent pre season games (possibly in England).

J

sphibee
Yes you have ....... very poor attempt at fishing

.... and please learn to spell the names of Scottish football teams.

Motherwell* is that better for you?

You seem to be the one with the rod mate posting all that nonsense.
Why don’t you put it away for the day.

Hopefully come 5 we’ll be looking forward to Europe next season, whilst the Jambos will be looking forward to ...a new pitch? ...Craig Leveins total football? ...Budges latest Lego range?
Exciting times in Gorgie, it’s no wonder they are creeping about here.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Personally would sacrifice Europe so the guys get a decent break before the new season so Well for meThe Betfred cup starts two days later than we would play in Europe tho??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 07:04 AM
Personally the allure of getting hammered in an Irish or Scottish bar in Eastern Europe just seems so exotic, multicultural, sophisticated and cosmopolitan so trumps my desire to see the little guy have his day.

C'mon Celtic.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 07:05 AM

What would be the point in this whole 2 days extra rest if the best realistic outcome for us (qualifying for Europe) is worth sacrificing anyway?

LustForLeith
19-05-2018, 07:06 AM
I want football to be the winner

And the 40/1 bet builder I’ve just put in bet365. That and football

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2018, 07:19 AM
I’ll be supporting Celtic as enthusiastically as if Hibs were playing.

We went a whole season trying to qualify for Europe. It’s mental to suggest that we should miss out just to spite Celtic.

I just can’t get my head around how hatred for a club can trump your support for Hibs.

Doh Rae Me
19-05-2018, 07:20 AM
10/1 on a Motherwell win, just stuck £5 on it so if the unthinkable happens it's an extra £50 to spend in the Hibs shop but C'mon the Celtic I want all the anticipation of who we get drawn with in Europe!!! It'll make the close season quicker and a big draw to players we might be interested in...
GGTTH :nlgwa

jacomo
19-05-2018, 08:50 AM

I get what you are saying. I’ve got some Motherwell supporting pals and victory would mean the world to them.

Also Celtc are smug and annoying.

Yes it would be bad for Hibs but I’m not cheering Goliath here.

European adventures are fun but the distance to the group stages of the Europa League is enormous.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2018, 08:53 AM
C'mon the Lesser Greens. There you go that wasn't too bad.

Keith_M
19-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Surely any Hibs fan puts Hibs interest above any dislike for anyone else?

I'm finding that quite difficult, actually.

It's Celtc getting yet another Clean Sweep - versus - Hibs getting to play one round in Europe before being ignominiously put out by a team we'd probably never heard of before.

JimboHibs
19-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Be utterly spewing if Motherwell win today.

Allant1981
19-05-2018, 09:04 AM

no it wouldnt, we would get more money this season which might mean an extra player or two, thats for the greater good as ot could push us on to win a cup again

Monts
19-05-2018, 09:08 AM
no it wouldnt, we would get more money this season which might mean an extra player or two, thats for the greater good as ot could push us on to win a cup again

Did St Johnstone not make a loss in one of their European adventures?

Keith_M
19-05-2018, 09:09 AM

Would we actually make money out of it, though?

:dunno:

If we get put out after one round by some team from Azerbijan, I can't see us making a massive profit.

Allant1981

no idea sorry

RossScott1991
It’s petty but I want Motherwell to lose and even more so now on the basis they are advertising this final as “Time for ‘new’ Heroes”

Ripping off our whole and copying our cup final build up! Now they just need a banner at game to go full on copy hibs!

Mon Celtic

Allant1981
19-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Would we actually make money out of it, though?

:dunno:

If we get put out after one round by some team from Azerbijan, I can't see us making a massive profit.

profit is profit regardless how much it is

Carheenlea
19-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Needs must, so supporting Celtic for a day is going to have to be done.

Got my St Pauli baseball cap on, wearing a “remember the 10” commemorative t shirt, have shared a post in support of the Palestinian cause on social media, have mid tempo Irish country & western on the stereo, made a condescending remark to a Hibs fan and using more H’s in words than normally required.

Come on Celtic.

Eyrie
19-05-2018, 09:53 AM

Got my St Pauli baseball cap on, wearing a “remember the 10” commemorative t shirt, have shared a post in support of the Palestinian cause on social media, have mid tempo Irish country & western on the stereo, made a condescending remark to a Hibs fan and using more H’s in words than normally required.

Come on Celtic.

Have you avoided soap and breakfasted on a dead rat?

CMac1988
19-05-2018, 09:54 AM
It’s petty but I want Motherwell to lose and even more so now on the basis they are advertising this final as “Time for ‘new’ Heroes”

Ripping off our whole and copying our cup final build up! Now they just need a banner at game to go full on copy hibs!

Mon Celtic

Really? Classless.

I usually root for the underdog unless they're managed but some clown I enjoy seeing get beat but this time around the outcome affects us so I'm looking for a Celtic win. That nonsense just reinforces me wanting Celtic to win regardless of the fact.

Shame as I actually like Motherwell and enjoy the away day. Hope they get pumped today.

The Spaceman
19-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Come on Celtic!

Question for the board - if it was The Rangers Football Club Vs Motherwell, would The Rangers be as popular a choice?:hmmm:

Captain Trips
19-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Come on Celtic!

Question for the board - if it was The Rangers Football Club Vs Motherwell, would The Rangers be as popular a choice?:hmmm:

Yes, regardless if it benefits Hibs that's all that matters.

Ferry green
19-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Leigh knows the score ... and therefore will score for us once more, or twice more just to be safe

Stranraer
19-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Not a fan of wanting this mob to win any match but if it benefits Hibs I will treat this like its Hibs playing for a Euro spot.

Celtic to put this away early hopefully.

I agree it's tough to support Celtic but Hibs interest must come first so hopefully they win. I'll go for 1-0.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Just found 2 Jambos in this thread [emoji16]
Anything that helps Hibernian is what we want. Plus it winds up Sevco [emoji106]They really need to be focussed on the early stages of the league cup. Most weren't born when they last won it and they got absolutely humiliated in the qualifying round last time.

Europe's not for them, lucky with that non compliant ground.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Since90+2
19-05-2018, 10:16 AM

Probably , but they likely only had about 800 at their home game.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2018, 10:18 AM

Come on Celtic.Oversized free hat handed out by Guinness and left over from St Patricks day "celebrations"?

If not you're not a real plastic.☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Come on Celtic!

Probably not but I would personally hope that Rangers would win today if they were playing instead of Celtic.

I'm not too sure how I would feel if it was Hearts though.

Spike Mandela
19-05-2018, 10:23 AM

Let’s face it, if Hibs couldn’t qualify for Europe the vast majority of us would be rooting for Motherwell. So whilst it makes sense to hope for a Celtic win I think a lot of people are indifferent as to what happens. If Motherwell win it’s a victory for the ‘wee guy’ and I would be happy for the Motherwell fans.

If we qualify for Europe it will be good, I will be interested to find out our opposition and I might even scrape enough for a trip away but at the end of the day not being in Europe won’t be the end of the world in terms of next season.

I am looking forward to sitting back watching the final with a beer and whatever happens, happens. It’s a win/win for me.

jacomo
19-05-2018, 10:27 AM
no idea sorry

Entering at the 1st qualifying round is not a big pay day. It might also disrupt our pre season.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Entering at the 1st qualifying round is not a big pay day. It might also disrupt our pre season.

If we aren't in Europe we'll be starting our League Cup campaign the same week so our pre season will remain much the same surely?

RossScott1991
19-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Really? Classless.

I usually root for the underdog unless they're managed but some clown I enjoy seeing get beat but this time around the outcome affects us so I'm looking for a Celtic win. That nonsense just reinforces me wanting Celtic to win regardless of the fact.

Shame as I actually like Motherwell and enjoy the away day. Hope they get pumped today.

Yeah, their promotional video the Motherwell FC account posted was saying time for new heroes https://twitter.com/motherwellfc/status/997537310819438592

They better no win and release a time for new heroes dvd !

Moulin Yarns
19-05-2018, 10:38 AM
I would like to see motherwell win the cup, always good to see the underdog do well.

Just not today.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Let’s face it, if Hibs couldn’t qualify for Europe the vast majority of us would be rooting for Motherwell. So whilst it makes sense to hope for a Celtic win I think a lot of people are indifferent as to what happens. If Motherwell win it’s a victory for the ‘wee guy’ and I would be happy for the Motherwell fans.

If we qualify for Europe it will be good, I will be interested to find out our opposition and I might even scrape enough for a trip away but at the end of the day not being in Europe won’t be the end of the world in terms of next season.

I am looking forward to sitting back watching the final with a beer and whatever happens, happens. It’s a win/win for me.

Hibs can qualify for Europe though so that argument is irrelevant.

You say not being in Europe is not the end of the world. Of course in the grand scheme of things that is true but I wonder how all those Hibs fans wanting Motherwell to win today will feel if Aberdeen are able to pull further ahead of us financially if we miss out on Europe and they beat us to signing targets.

They are the benchmark for us. We should be aiming to beat them and become the 2nd/3rd force team in the country (there's little we can do if Rangers get themselves in order).

They are ahead of us at the moment thanks to our previous mismanagement and three year Championship "adventure". The main way we can attempt to bridge the gap is by regularly qualifying for Europe and become an established side in getting into the Europa League year after year. I also feel that someone ambitious like Neil Lennon will need European football to keep him occupied at the club.

It is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that Hibs can afford to pass up the opportunity of European football and even more ludicrous that fans of the club are willing to see us miss out just so fans of another club can have a good day out.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 10:42 AM
what a lovely day for a Hampden Final :agree:

HibeeHibernian4
19-05-2018, 11:05 AM

You are objectively wrong to say this.

The Leith Dutch
19-05-2018, 11:11 AM

Given we play friendlies as part of pre-season surely the chance to play a Euopean qualified team would be of at least equal benefit with the added bonus that if we beat them we're in the next round?

Also, while I normally would be of the opinion that we'd only get the one fixture what Lennon did against Brondby having just arrived and with a poorer team than we had this season suggests it may not be quite the meaningless rubber I'd usually take it to be.

andybev1
19-05-2018, 11:14 AM
For the people that don't know....

Celtic = win = European football for hibs.

Motherwell = win = No European football for hibs.

European football = Money for hibs

- Come on Celtic.

European football = more kudos and bargaining power for players like Kamberi and Mclaren and others.

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2018, 11:15 AM
You are objectively wrong to say this.

215000 euros from uefa plus a large crowd at ER and possibly tv rights.

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2018, 11:16 AM
btw, tall order though it is , 2.6M euros guaranteed fir group stage.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2018, 11:26 AM
Stephen Craigan has a crap day and the Hibees are on the road to somewhere in Europe. Jambos jealous as well.

Own training ground
Great stadium and fans
European football.

Even Messi would be tempted.

Carheenlea
19-05-2018, 11:28 AM
what a lovely day for a Hampden Final :agree:

Is it not always blazing sunshine on Scottish Cup Final day? Maybe selective memory, but always kind of associate Scottish Cup Finals with great weather. Same for the old Scotland v England home Internationals at Hampden.

Lendo
19-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Come on Celtic!

As much as it would pain me I would still be hoping for a Rangers win.

jonny
19-05-2018, 12:08 PM
As much as it would pain me I would still be hoping for a Rangers win.

No pain from me. My love for the Hibees and my will for things to go our way massively outweighs my dislike for any other club.

andybev1
19-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Is it not always blazing sunshine on Scottish Cup Final day? Maybe selective memory, but always kind of associate Scottish Cup Finals with great weather. Same for the old Scotland v England home Internationals at Hampden.

Now that you mention it.....:agree:

Northernhibee
19-05-2018, 12:35 PM
I'm absolutely torn on this one. Europe would be great but the win would mean so much more to the Motherwell fans and after 2016 I'd hate to see the status quo of reasonably meaningless cup wins return. I'll never forget how we out sang the Celtic fans in 2013 at 3-0 down, it showed how little it means to win something you're odds on favourite to win.

19-05-2018, 12:36 PM
I’d probably want Celtic to win anyway even if it wasn’t for the Europe thing.

Celtic win is the default so who cares if they do it. Any other club and it’s a big boost for them.

guthrie01
19-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Stuff Motherwell and their fans, I want Europe !

Come on Celtic

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 12:43 PM
1. i want sellick to win to ensure OUR club european footy

2. i don't want murrawell winning because i don't want another club reaching our tally of SC wins

Itsnoteasy
19-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Hibs can qualify for Europe though so that argument is irrelevant.

You say not being in Europe is not the end of the world. Of course in the grand scheme of things that is true but I wonder how all those Hibs fans wanting Motherwell to win today will feel if Aberdeen are able to pull further ahead of us financially if we miss out on Europe and they beat us to signing targets.

They are the benchmark for us. We should be aiming to beat them and become the 2nd/3rd force team in the country (there's little we can do if Rangers get themselves in order).

They are ahead of us at the moment thanks to our previous mismanagement and three year Championship "adventure". The main way we can attempt to bridge the gap is by regularly qualifying for Europe and become an established side in getting into the Europa League year after year. I also feel that someone ambitious like Neil Lennon will need European football to keep him occupied at the club.

It is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that Hibs can afford to pass up the opportunity of European football and even more ludicrous that fans of the club are willing to see us miss out just so fans of another club can have a good day out.

Would you feel the same if it was Hertz in the cup final, dinnae think so.
C'mon the Well

blaikie
19-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Hate saying this but come on Celtic!

Hibs in Europe is fantastic for the club and for attracting players and with Lennon at the helm going a few rounds isn’t entirely impossible, we were unlucky against Brondby a few years back and for once we have a manager with a decent European record!!

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 01:10 PM
C'mon the Well

That's an entirely different scenario.

Since it's not Hearts and it's Celtic then I want Celtic to win today. Or rather I hope Motherwell lose.

Carheenlea
19-05-2018, 01:14 PM
C'mon the Well

21/5/16 changed everything.The thought of Hearts winning the Cup doesn’t have the same dread following our memorable day. If we were to benefit then great. They hate us more than they love their own club so they would probably rather lose the final than us qualifying for Europe.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 01:46 PM

no, chucking of rain just last year, just a photo at the winning goal is enough as evidence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39984102

i'm positive the weather was rank at all our 16 games v the rangers in the 79 final :( and quite a few rainy final days since

:)

Albanian Hibs
19-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Hibs fans wanting Motherwell to win 😂😂😂

B.H.F.C
19-05-2018, 01:54 PM

Mental. Just don’t get it.

Phil MaGlass
19-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Great, the games being played live on Ziggo Sport in Holland :thumbsup:

Watchin it at ma wurk wae a cuppae tea :rolleyes:

RossScott1991
19-05-2018, 01:55 PM
People get a grip wanting hibs to miss out on Europe hahaha

It’s very simple finish 2nd / 3rd support Motherwell

4th require Celtic to win.

People saying they want Motherwell to win will be same people moaning when hibs don’t have funds to sign McLaren or Allan etc. Europe gives abit extra funds even if it means going out first round.

Hiber-nation
19-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Clancy awarded for a season of complete and utter ineptitude with the Cup Final.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 02:12 PM
cracking goal 1 - 0 sellick

blaikie
19-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Europe here we come!

Phil MaGlass
19-05-2018, 02:14 PM
bloody tv computer conked oot just as the baw was struck, FFS

JimboHibs
19-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Happy days get another couple.

Captain Trips
19-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Great stuff lesser greens.

Iggy Pope
19-05-2018, 02:35 PM

Agreed cuz. Can't believe that anyone who has been on a wee Euro sojourn with the Hibs wouldn't want it again this summer.

And I've got a wee flutter on 3-0 to the Lessers.

kaimendhibs
19-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Get your passports out[emoji3][emoji3][emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
19-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Nothing annoying about it at all.

They've given us a slot in Europe.

All good.

Carheenlea
19-05-2018, 09:13 PM
no, chucking of rain just last year, just a photo at the winning goal is enough as evidence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39984102

i'm positive the weather was rank at all our 16 games v the rangers in the 79 final :( and quite a few rainy final days since

:)

Now you mention it, I remember my dad talking about one of his friends ruining a very smart leather leather jacket by sitting on the sodden item on the bus home after one of the replays 😂

The Leith Dutch
19-05-2018, 11:11 PM
C'mon the Well

Truly ridiculous the folk on here who's dislike of other clubs is more important than what's good for Hibs.

First up every time is any result that directly and materially benefits Hibs no matter how much I detest another club who benefits from that result.

In this case we get at least two European games + the money for those games + the appeal to certain players we might be trying to sign (or keep) from playing in Europe.

Add to that the performance Lennon got out of a poorer Hibs team against Brondby when he'd just joined the club and there's a decent chance it's more than just two games.

And you'd throw that away because you hate Celtic? FFS.