PDA

View Full Version : Pat O’Flaherty RIP

LustForLeith
18-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Apologies is this has been mentioned before. I just read on social media that Pat, the Leither who founded XILE and was Hibs mad, died recently

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-pat-o-flaherty-founder-of-capital-s-iconic-xile-fashion-store-and-passionate-hibs-supporter-1-4740828/amp

Absolute legend of a man. Over the years I spent a fortune at XILE as it was the place to go for clothes and trainers. Used to see Pat out and about at Tollcross/Fountainbridge area and obviously Hibs games

RIP Pat.

stevie-bee
18-05-2018, 01:42 PM
I think he is Darren Mcgregors father in law

brog
18-05-2018, 02:11 PM
That's sad. Pat was a fine man who was a great friend to London Hibs, sponsoring our POTY function on several occasions. He was great company & would talk Hibs with you all day. IIRC Darren occasionally worked in the shop on South Bridge when he was a p/t footballer. Sincere commiserations to all the family.

WoreTheGreen
18-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Apologies is this has been mentioned before. I just read on social media that Pat, the Leither who founded XILE and was Hibs mad, died recently

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-pat-o-flaherty-founder-of-capital-s-iconic-xile-fashion-store-and-passionate-hibs-supporter-1-4740828/amp

Absolute legend of a man. Over the years I spent a fortune at XILE as it was the place to go for clothes and trainers. Used to see Pat out and about at Tollcross/Fountainbridge area and obviously Hibs games

RIP Pat.

Seen him walking his wee dug last week

BSEJVT
18-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Seen him walking his wee dug last week

RIP Pat

Great guy, Hibs daft

Even at the height of his success a down to earth guy that never big timed you

Seeing his son in law in the Hibs team that finally won the cup would have been a huge thrill for him

hughio
18-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Comiserations to son Joe who's probably on here.

The Harp
18-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Very sad to hear of Pat's passing. We were in the same class at St. Anthony's in the early 60s but we lost touch over the years. From what I can gather Pat never forgot his roots.
A good guy and a big Hibee.
Condolences to Pat's family and friends.

RIP

Pretty Boy
18-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Sad news. Loved Xile in my teens when online shopping was less prevalent than it is now. Many a happy day spent browsing and then blowing a fortnights part time wages on one T shirt.

Only met Pat once or twice but he was always friendly and seemed a good guy. Condolences to his friends and family.

monktonharp
18-05-2018, 10:32 PM
condolences to the family. R.I.P Pat