PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Final

Pages : [1] 2

18-05-2018, 05:36 AM
Really hope Motherwell do it, even if it means we don't get a European place. A back to back treble for celtic is embarrassing for Scottish football IMO. Just highlights even more how massive the gap is between 1 club and everyone else.

Celtic rightly massive favourites but they aren't unbeatable, they've shown this season they can have off days (I mean losing 4-0 to the shower of ***** that is Hearts - wtf?!) so Motherwell got to believe they're in for a chance. This could be their very own "Time for Heroes" game!

B.H.F.C
18-05-2018, 05:39 AM
Hope Motherwell do it even if Hibs lose out? You’re at the wind up surely.

WeeRussell
18-05-2018, 05:41 AM
I would normally be right behind Motherwell but there’s something at stake for Hibs.

It’s a big game for us to clinch a European place and we don’t even have to do anything.

Celtic win please. Not even a choice.

hibbymark
18-05-2018, 05:41 AM
Celtic for me . Don’t give a jot for Motherwell. It’s all about Hibs . European football ,money,prestige and hopefully a nice couple of away trips. Its what the team have worked for all season . Cmon the lesser greens .

:flag:

Phil MaGlass
18-05-2018, 05:42 AM
Of course Celtic to win is a must for us, but, I think it will be the underdog that wins this one.

jodjam
18-05-2018, 05:46 AM
Celtc for me. Europe and straight through to last 16 of league cup

Hibs1969
18-05-2018, 05:49 AM
Normally I'd be shouting for Motherwell but Hibs need Celtic to win this one, so reluctantly it has to be the second team to wear the green this time round.

hibbydog
18-05-2018, 05:51 AM
Obviously want to get into Europe, and getting into group stages is a long term aspiration for the club.

But I can understand those who could take it or leave it. I think the Malmo debacle has people wary of taking on competitive games in July against quality opposition who are mid season and much further forward in terms of fitness.

I can’t remember the last time we got into Europe and didn’t fail at the first hurdle. Must be 25 years or so?

xyz23jc
18-05-2018, 05:51 AM
No brainer...Still feel dirty tho....! Mon thi Hoops! :greengrin:duck:

Waxy
18-05-2018, 05:53 AM
Surely every Hibby wants celtic to win purely for a Europa league place. Normally wouldnt care much. Celtic dont win trophies anyway they buy them.

SRHibs
18-05-2018, 06:00 AM
Really hope Motherwell do it, even if it means we don't get a European place. A back to back treble for celtic is embarrassing for Scottish football IMO. Just highlights even more how massive the gap is between 1 club and everyone else.

Celtic rightly massive favourites but they aren't unbeatable, they've shown this season they can have off days (I mean losing 4-0 to the shower of ***** that is Hearts - wtf?!) so Motherwell got to believe they're in for a chance. This could be their very own "Time for Heroes" game!

Motherwell fluking a win will change nothing about the huge gap. European ties will probably make hundreds of thousands for us so it’s an absolute no brainer IMO. Celtic win.

supermcginn
18-05-2018, 06:10 AM

You want a team to win who will stop us getting into europe and cost us money and at least one trip away? Absolutely bizarre, the players have been brilliant and missing out on europe will be a cruel blow, I couldn't give a toss about the image of scottish football.

Spike Mandela
18-05-2018, 06:12 AM
I am not fussed either way to be honest.

Obviously if Celtic win we are in Europe and that ensures the fans at least one trip away.

However these days I am not sure the club makes much money from it if we are knocked out after one or two rounds. Also, it starts so early now that it disrupts our pre season and in years gone by most of our new signiings haven’t even arrived or bedded in by the time the qualifiers start.

So for me, Europe is a nice to have but if Motherwell win I will be delighted for their fans.

JimBHibees
18-05-2018, 06:14 AM

Wtf. :rolleyes: All about Hibs would always want Well to win normally however got to be Celtic on this occasion as it benefits Hibs directly.

Bristolhibby
18-05-2018, 06:15 AM

Obviously if Celtic win we are in Europe and that ensures the fans at least one trip away.

However these days I am not sure the club makes much money from it if we are knocked out after one or two rounds. Also, it starts so early now that it disrupts our pre season and in years gone by most of our new signiings haven’t even arrived or bedded in by the time the qualifiers start.

So for me, Europe is a nice to have but if Motherwell win I will be delighted for their fans.

Also a bye into the last 16 of the League Cup is on the line.

J

JimBHibees
18-05-2018, 06:16 AM
Obviously want to get into Europe, and getting into group stages is a long term aspiration for the club.

But I can understand those who could take it or leave it. I think the Malmo debacle has people wary of taking on competitive games in July against quality opposition who are mid season and much further forward in terms of fitness.

I can’t remember the last time we got into Europe and didn’t fail at the first hurdle. Must be 25 years or so?

Last time we were in it we played very well and we're unlucky to be knocked out by a decent team including beating them on their own patch.

SideBurns
18-05-2018, 06:22 AM

Beat Videoton in (I think) 88/89 season, then lost narrowly to FC Liege - don't think we've progressed past a first round since. Great memories of Belgium that year though, was my first Euro trip. We were unlucky v Brondby two years ago anaw, and Copenhagen was amazing. Following Hibs abroad is a special experience, and in footballing terms it would give us something tangible to remember the season by. The club deserves it.

So....it is indeed a no-brainer. 'Mon the Hoops!

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-05-2018, 06:24 AM
Normally would want Motherwell to win, but a European spot is up for grabs. A place in the Europa league qualifiers would at least give us some reward for the great season we've just had.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2018, 06:34 AM

Europa League would start around the same time as the group stage of the league cup groups.

We can’t win the league so all you are playing for is a European place. We need to dream that one year we can get through a few rounds towards the group stages. Every year there are tiny clubs from some far flung places who manage it so why couldn’t it be a Hibs or Aberdeen one year?

Austinho
18-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Last time we were in it we played very well and we're unlucky to be knocked out by a decent team including beating them on their own patch.Agreed - only just lost out on penalties to a team with good European pedigree. We had a perfectly decent goal chalked off in the first leg too. And that was when we were a Championship side. We’re a better team now.

Lennon also has an excellent record in Europe, we’re regularly taking points off a strong Celtic side - don’t think we should be running scared of equivalent teams in other countries.

Doh Rae Me
18-05-2018, 06:37 AM
C'mon the Tic.
Yeeeuuuuuchhh
But c'mon the Tic.

The Spaceman
18-05-2018, 06:45 AM
Celtic win - gets us into Europe, gets us extra revenue, gets us into the last 16 of the League Cup, winds up the H**s even more.

Motherwell win - would be funny from a Scottish Football perspective.

Celtic win.

scoopyboy
18-05-2018, 06:46 AM

bizarre.

Steve20
18-05-2018, 06:47 AM
A lot on here would be wanting Celtic to win, even if the European place wasn't at stake.

green day
18-05-2018, 07:01 AM
A lot on here would be wanting Celtic to win, even if the European place wasn't at stake.

I doubt it.

But I want Celtic to win tomorrow.

H18 SFR
18-05-2018, 07:07 AM

I totally agree with you sentiments however if we want to progress as a club we must consistently qualify for the Europa League with a view of, in time, qualifying for the group stages.

League of bloody Ireland clubs have achieved it, why shouldn't we!

Brightside
18-05-2018, 07:08 AM

Aye he last thing we all want is a European trip. 😂😂😂

Heisenberg
18-05-2018, 07:24 AM
I’ve no idea why anyone would want Motherwell to win in these circumstances. Celtc might be a horrible, detestable outfit but I’ll be cheering them on for 90 minutes on Saturday.

Souter96Mac
18-05-2018, 07:29 AM
Celtic win for me. Could do with Motherwell conceding a penalty early doors with a straight red to settle the nerves.

Gatecrasher
18-05-2018, 07:29 AM
How can folk be so flippant about a place in Europe? It's what we've been playing for all season.

Since90+2
18-05-2018, 07:33 AM

It's very different playing this Brendan Rodgers Celtic team on the massive pitch at Hampden compared to the wee pitch they have at Tynecastle. I'd imagine it will be fairly comperitive for 60 minutes or so but Celtic will win comfortably in the end.

danhibees1875
18-05-2018, 07:34 AM
Celtic, without any doubts.

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2018, 07:34 AM
What a bizarre way of looking at things. Normally would want a Celtc defeat however a Celtc win benefits my club which is all I care about.

So a Celtc win for me please

we are hibs
18-05-2018, 07:37 AM
How can folk be so flippant about a place in Europe? It's what we've been playing for all season.
Exactly. What's the point in playing league games and trying to finish top 3 if we think "aw well I hope we don't actually get into Europe because we ways go out early" surely the point is so we can attempt to get a run going in the competition? If people think there's no point in hibs playing in Europe then what's the point in playing in the league either? We aren't exactly going to win it anytime soon. Plus we get moments like David Gray's goal in Copenhagen and a class away day.

Bostonhibby
18-05-2018, 07:39 AM
Celtc for me.

If we're relying on them to do us a favour we should respect the world's greatest fans version of their name as well.

Celtc.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Steven79
18-05-2018, 08:04 AM
I had tickets for the final in the Motherwell end but I've since sold them as I couldn't bring myself to go and either see Celtic win back to back trebles or see Hibs lose out on Europe.

Hopefully it's a **** game now with Celtic fluking a 1-0 win.

makaveli1875
18-05-2018, 08:20 AM
hope Celtic win , dont think it will be easy for them though .

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Utter nonsense.

Anyway .... Has to be a Celtic win on this occasion, I only have one item on my bucket list and that's to see Hibs play away in Europe in person and if that means a Celtic win getting us into Europe and me getting a chance to finally do it then it has to be that for me. If Motherwell were to win seeing Celtic's runaway train hitting the buffers for once would sweeten the pill a wee bit though.

Got a feeling its not going to be a cakewalk for the lesser greens though if Motherwell can play like they did against Aberdeen, they chased down everything for 90 minutes and if you are to have a chance against Sellik that's the way to do it.

.Sean.
18-05-2018, 08:54 AM
Motherwell to win and both teams to score at 20/1 is looking like the weekends bet :agree:

Onion
18-05-2018, 09:11 AM
After the season Hibs have just had, the club, manager and players deserve a crack at Europe - so it's Celtic for me. Copenhagen was a blast.

18-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Coybig HH ☘️☘️☘️☘️🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

sambajustice
18-05-2018, 09:24 AM
Juventus...

4 league and cup doubles on the spin. 7 leagues in a row.

People push agendas against teams, which is their right, and mask it behind "well it's not good for the game" .

When a particular result reaps so many benefits for your team over the alternative result no sane supporter wouldn't want what's best for their team.

What's best for Hibs is a Celtic win.

Anyone who wants otherwise should just be honest and come and say they hate Celtic more than they love Hibs.

Jim44
18-05-2018, 09:27 AM

Get you priorities right. Do you actually put a Celtic failure above a situation which hopefully will benefit your own club?

Centre Hawf
18-05-2018, 09:33 AM

I don’t get it either. We actively target this every year so why all of a sudden do we not care? If we don’t win a cup, usually getting into Europe is seen as the last bit of success you cant get from a season. And we could get it without kicking a ball.

For me I’ve finally managed to put time and cash aside to go to my first ever away game in Europe so I am absolutely buzzing if it happens.

sphibee
18-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Wow some of the comments here are truly bizarre. I would call them fans but anyone who would rather see a team lose, than their own ‘supposed’ team get a European place is just a complete and utter clown. No other words for it... well except maybe one... Jambo!

Cod Boy
18-05-2018, 09:41 AM
A Celtic win also avoids playing in the league cup sections and a bye into the Knock out round.

Carheenlea
18-05-2018, 11:09 AM
I quite like the fact that no one has won any major trophies apart from Celtic since our Scottish Cup triumph. Fingers crossed that’s still the case tomorrow night.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2018, 11:10 AM
What a bizarre way of looking at things. Normally would want a Celtc defeat however a Celtc win benefits my club which is all I care about.

Seconded :top marks

patlowe
18-05-2018, 11:13 AM
I can understand the confused thoughts about this to a point - the way Europa League qualifying is set up now we effectively start in the equivalent of the Intertoto Cup, which used to be laughed at by many. However, we compete all season for a European place and it would seem bizarre to say that we are now not too fussed about it.

Hibs need to aspire to relative success in Europe (EL group stages) and the only way that will be possible is by regularly competing and developing on the European stage. There is no innate reason why we and other Scottish clubs can't compete well against clubs from similar sized nations in Europe and I trust Dempster and Lennon to help us do that.

Anyway, I'll be supporting Celtic tomorrow. I won't be devastated if they lose but first things first I want to see Hibs in Europe come the summer.

Bobby's Cinema
18-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Celtc for me. Europe and straight through to last 16 of league cup

Those betfred cup games were awful and pretty much decided the pre-season programme which is a shame. Celtic please and let's try and get through a tie or two

IGRIGI
18-05-2018, 11:24 AM
At the very least we all get the excuse to go abroad on the peeve, for that reason alone I'll be hoping for a Septic win.

Lendo
18-05-2018, 11:25 AM
I feel dirty wanting Celtc to win, BUT, there is a bigger picture to look at. Although I will stick on a Motherwell win, BTTS as potential compensation.

calumhibee1
18-05-2018, 11:28 AM
**** Motherwell. Come on Celtic. I’d be saying the same if it wasn’t to get us into Europe - we can’t compete with Celtic so they can win all they want. I don’t want teams around us getting a shot in the arm like we did after our cup win.

Bishop Hibee
18-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Under normal circumstances I’d be hoping for a Motherwell win. With A European spot reliant on a Celtc win, I’ll be reluctantly hoping they do.

green day
18-05-2018, 11:55 AM
I feel dirty wanting Celtc to win, BUT, there is a bigger picture to look at. Although I will stick on a Motherwell win, BTTS as potential compensation.

That is a really good shout - just emptied my (meagre now, robbing barstewards) Ladbrokes account on exactly that bet :thumbsup:

The Pointer
18-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Sorry Motherwell fans, I would normally support you all the way against them but I can only hope for Hibs sake they win.

As an aside, on Saturday afternoon I'll be having lunch in a cafe in Kilmarnock Road which I haven't been in since 21/5/16. Probably a bit moist around the eyes too.

Albanian Hibs
18-05-2018, 11:58 AM

What a strange post. Celtic win please.

Albanian Hibs
18-05-2018, 11:58 AM

Nonsense imo

HibeeHibernian4
18-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Wanting Motherwell to win when it would cost us a place in Europe, deary me. :rolleyes:

For those of you being negative enough to say "what's the point, we never get far into the competition", here's a list of 11 sides who went from the First Qualifying Round to (at least) the Play-Off Round in this season's Europa League.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Israel (group stage)
Shkëndija, Macedonia
Rhiendorf Altach, Austria
Videoton, Hungary
Red Star Belgrade, Serbia (last 32)
Osijek, Croatia
AEK Larnaca, Cyprus
Skënderbeu Korçë, Albania (group stage)
Domžale, Slovenia
Midtjylland, Denmark
Sūduva Marijampole, Lithuania*

And the list of sides who went through two rounds to get to the Third Qualifying Round is longer still.

*Lithuania is the only side who have a summer football schedule, before anybody tries to start that argument.

Wembley67
18-05-2018, 12:10 PM
This has to be one of the most obvious trolling threads started that I've ever read on here....ultimately it's what we play for every season, a European place and a Cup win :confused:

seanoheimhin
18-05-2018, 12:40 PM
OP is a clown, a wind-up merchant, or both

Pretty Boy
18-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Anyone who doesn't want Celtic to win tomorrow needs their head examined, same as the folk who wanted Aberdeen to beat Hearts at Pittodrie.

Whatever benefits Hibs is what I care about, nothing against them but personally I couldn't give a flying one if Motherwell fans have a nice day or not. I've had plenty miserable times at Hampden and I daresay I'll have a few more yet.

Keith_M
18-05-2018, 12:54 PM
I thought when Motherwell won the semi-final that they had a chance of winning but they seem to have gone downhill fast.

Can't see anything now but a Celtc win.

-----------------------------------

As an aside, if Celtc win, do Aberdeen then start in the second qualifying stage of the Europa League instead of the first, with Hibs taking their place in the first qualifying stage?

Sir David Gray
18-05-2018, 12:57 PM

You're surely at the wind up.

I'm certain the embarrassment I feel at Celtic winning another treble will be softened somewhat when I see my team lining up in the Europa League again.

I despise Celtic as much as anyone but getting into European competition not only raises the profile of the club, it gives the existing players invaluable experience, it helps to attract better players to the club and it also helps the club financially as well.

Bonkers that any Hibs fan would want anything other than a Celtic win tomorrow.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2018, 12:58 PM
I thought when Motherwell won the semi-final that they had a chance of winning but they seem to have gone downhill fast.

Can't see anything now but a Celtc win.

-----------------------------------

As an aside, if Celtc win, do Aberdeen then start in the second qualifying stage of the Europa League instead of the first, with Hibs taking their place in the first qualifying stage?

Yes. Either Aberdeen or Motherwell will start in the 2nd round, Sevco in the first round and we will also be in the first round if Celtic win tomorrow.

G B Young
18-05-2018, 03:42 PM
As a Hibs fan I'll always put Hibs' interests first so there's no question I want Celtic to win.

calumhibee1
18-05-2018, 03:43 PM

Yup and I’m one of them. Why would you want a club that are in and around us in the league to get the boost we got from winning the cup when you could have Celtic win it who will have forgotten about it by Sunday?

WoreTheGreen
18-05-2018, 03:46 PM

Or maybe a clown with a wind up car

weecounty hibby
18-05-2018, 03:59 PM
If it meant nothing to Hibs I would love to have seen Motherwell win. As it stands celtic to win means Hibs benefit with a place in Europe. Surely a no brainer.

ancient hibee
18-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Motherwell have a chance as long as they play like Motherwell and keep the ball away from the centre of the park.Long balls up to the front two are the way for them particularly as Celtic are so weak in central defence.

Jones28
18-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Coybig HH ☘️☘️☘️☘️🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

Hope you washed your hands after that

Eyrie
18-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Normally I would always want to see Celtc lose*.

On this occasion I have to put that to one side and hope for the result that gets us into Europe.

*It gets very complicated when they're playing Sevco or hearts, because I always want that pair to lose as well.

Hulk1875
18-05-2018, 05:27 PM

😂

Wilson
18-05-2018, 05:30 PM
We had it in our hands to qualify for Europe and let it slip. If we don't get Europe we only have ourselves to blame.

I have some colleagues that are Well fans and I'll be happy for them if they can win it. Stuff Celtc.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2018, 05:58 PM

Not a lot of them are posting though so it must be the silent majority?

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2018, 06:02 PM
Yup and I’m one of them. Why would you want a club that are in and around us in the league to get the boost we got from winning the cup when you could have Celtic win it who will have forgotten about it by Sunday?

Aye, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant mate :rolleyes:

Your way of looking at it has some logic, but its so bloomin' negative ... If Hibs cant win stuff lets hope nobody else does either is a pretty bleak outlook on things if you ask me. Besides, who were the last club outside of Hibs to get this alleged cup win boost? Just going back to 2102.

Hearts .... Their crowds took no significant boost even after beating us.
Celtic .... Winning the cup means little to them.
St Johnstone .... Their crowds remained dismal even after winning it.
ICT ... Rubbish crowds and subsequently relegated.
Hibs .... Massive boost in crowds and rising :greengrin
Celtic ... See above.

So not much to fear from any team outside of the Ugly sisters winning it if you ask me .... it might be open to debate if somebody outside of Celtic winning stuff is good for our game ..... but even Celtic fans would admit that them continuing to dominate it is far from good for it.

If it wasn't for the fact a Celtic win tomorrow is good for Hibs I would be screaming my support for Motherwell at the telly tomorrow afternoon almost as fervently as if it were Hibs playing.

hibsquaker
18-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Playing in Europe next season may sway players into signing for us next season such as Kamberi for instance.

HoboHarry
18-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Aye, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant mate :rolleyes:

Your way of looking at it has some logic, but its so bloomin' negative ... If Hibs cant win stuff lets hope nobody else does either is a pretty bleak outlook on things if you ask me. Besides, who were the last club outside of Hibs to get this alleged cup win boost? Just going back to 2102.

Hearts .... Their crowds took no significant boost even after beating us.
Celtic .... Winning the cup means little to them.
St Johnstone .... Their crowds remained dismal even after winning it.
ICT ... Rubbish crowds and subsequently relegated.
Hibs .... Massive boost in crowds and rising :greengrin
Celtic ... See above.

So not much to fear from any team outside of the Ugly sisters winning it if you ask me .... it might be open to debate if somebody outside of Celtic winning stuff is good for our game ..... but even Celtic fans would admit that them continuing to dominate it is far from good for it.

If it wasn't for the fact a Celtic win tomorrow is good for Hibs I would be screaming my support for Motherwell at the telly tomorrow afternoon almost as fervently as if it were Hibs playing.

Here time traveller - gonnae tell whit the score is going to be when we win it in 2102?

Cat Stanton
18-05-2018, 06:19 PM

I was about to support your position/post, given (a) how much I loathe the old firm (Septic included) and (b) the fact that a European runs always means one tie (and defeat), but given all the pelters you've been getting in response to your post, I won't bother... 'Mon the tic, er, bobby sands and all that *****.....!!

Jim44
18-05-2018, 06:20 PM

:agree: probably a mischief making Hibby (give him the benefit of the doubt)..... but without the conviction to come back to consolidate his controversial viewpoint which, as far as I can see, was met with 100% opposition from the rest of us. Thereagain he’s achieved his aim, in raising a few hackles and getting a few knickers in twists ....... big deal. :rolleyes:

TrinityHibs
18-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Playing in Europe next season may sway players into signing for us next season such as Kamberi for instance.

and Messi :agree:

HibeeHibernian4
18-05-2018, 06:43 PM
I was about to support your position/post, given (a) how much I loathe the old firm (Septic included) and (b) the fact that a European runs always means one tie (and defeat), but given all the pelters you've been getting in response to your post, I won't bother... 'Mon the tic, er, bobby sands and all that *****.....!!

This is not a fact, and it's a really poor mentality to have. We were a penalty shootout away from knocking Brondby out two summers ago, as a second tier side no less. There is absolutely no reason why Hibs can't advance through at least one, if not two or three ties.

Weir07
18-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Yes, I was going to post I wanted a Motherwell win too, had the best football day ever in 2016 and would like fans of other non Old Firm teams (except Hearts) to experience that too. One European tie means nothing, we won't even make money unless we get a club attractive to TV. All the Motherwell fans I know are pretty sound too.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2018, 06:55 PM
Yes, I was going to post I wanted a Motherwell win too, had the best football day ever in 2016 and would like fans of other non Old Firm teams (except Hearts) to experience that too. One European tie means nothing, we won't even make money unless we get a club attractive to TV. All the Motherwell fans I know are pretty sound too.

What if one European tie were to lead to a second tie, third tie and so on.

Teams like Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have been in the group stages in recent years. And footballing super powers from the likes of Belarus and Albania.

I honestly can’t figure out why any Hibs fan would want to give up the chance to do that so fans of another team can have a good weekend!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2018, 06:58 PM

We're gonna need a bigger boat! :-)

CropleyWasGod
18-05-2018, 06:58 PM

What was the financial outcome of the Brondby game?

HibeeHibernian4
18-05-2018, 07:09 PM

Ignoring everything else, the money for being in the Second Qualifying Round (as we were) is €225,000. That's before you add in the 13,500 gate we got at Easter Road, plus - I assume - money for the second leg being on Premier Sports.

CropleyWasGod
18-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Ignoring everything else, the money for being in the Second Qualifying Round (as we were) is €225,000. That's before you add in the 13,500 gate we got at Easter Road, plus - I assume - money for the second leg being on Premier Sports.

Ta.

In other words, well worth it.

Weir07
18-05-2018, 07:13 PM

I honestly don't know but it was a tie attractive to TV, so we would definitely have made more than a game against one of Europe's lesser lights, to be fair I did allude to that in my post.

Weir07
18-05-2018, 07:17 PM

Teams like Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have been in the group stages in recent years. And footballing super powers from the likes of Belarus and Albania.

I honestly can’t figure out why any Hibs fan would want to give up the chance to do that so fans of another team can have a good weekend!

I suppose it's just a dislike of a massive corporate machine hoovering up all the trophies and the wee guy getting a chance instead, maybe my left of center views clouding my judgement!

Sir David Gray
18-05-2018, 07:28 PM

Jesus wept it gets better.

One European tie means nothing? :confused:

What exactly is the point in competing in the league every season if we're not going to bother about European qualification? I'm pretty sure Leeann Dempster and the rest of the board wouldn't be quite so dismissive over what a European place would mean for the club.

I'll remind you of this post later in the summer if Motherwell do win tomorrow and we end up losing out on a player to Aberdeen thanks to them qualifying for the Europa League and us missing out.

As long as the Motherwell fans have fun tomorrow though, that's the main thing.

Bristolhibby
18-05-2018, 07:28 PM

Absolutely this. A no brainer.

J

Bristolhibby
18-05-2018, 07:31 PM

What exactly is the point in competing in the league every season if we're not going to bother about European qualification? I'm pretty sure Leeann Dempster and the rest of the board wouldn't be quite so dismissive over what a European place would mean for the club.

I'll remind you of this post later in the summer if Motherwell do win tomorrow and we end up losing out on a player to Aberdeen thanks to them qualifying for the Europa League and us missing out.

Agreed. Bonkers.

Quite frankly, **** Motherwell. Their losing benefits the club we support. It shouldn’t even be a discussion.

J

Weir07
18-05-2018, 07:33 PM

Fair enough, I'd take that on the chin, I'll remind you if we get knocked out by some Lithuanian team after the first round though!

Bristolhibby
18-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Fair enough, I'd take that on the chin, I'll remind you if we get knocked out by some Lithuanian team after the first round though!

That’s the spirit!

Let’s just go for voluntary relegation, because we won’t win the League.

Balls to Motherwell!

J

Sir David Gray
18-05-2018, 07:40 PM

Let's just get relegated down to the East of Scotland 3rd division amateur league.

There's clearly no point in trying for this European carry on. It will never catch on.

AugustaHibs
18-05-2018, 07:45 PM
This is the sort of thing that used to plague us on the pitch for years and I wonder where it came from. Why are we soft as *****? Can’t believe there are folk who don’t want a Celtic win?!?

crash
18-05-2018, 07:47 PM
Agreed. Bonkers.

Quite frankly, **** Motherwell. Their losing benefits the club we support. It shouldn’t even be a discussion.

J

Exactly, a Motherwell victory tomorrow damages our club. Anybody who wishes for that scenario is not a Hibs supporter.

LALthehibeeGAL
18-05-2018, 07:59 PM
I’ve no idea why anyone would want Motherwell to win in these circumstances. Celtc might be a horrible, detestable outfit but I’ll be cheering them on for 90 minutes on Saturday.

:agree:
What he said!!! :agree:

Weir07
18-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Let's just get relegated down to the East of Scotland 3rd division amateur league.

There's clearly no point in trying for this European carry on. It will never catch on.

A bit extreme mate, been following Hibs seriously since the mid eighties, European highlights, a win against Videoton and defeat to AEK Athens. Happily eat humble pie if we qualify for the group stages or make a shed load before getting knocked out.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2018, 08:07 PM

Anyone who was over at the Vetra game would jump at the chance to go back and wouldnae be giving a 2nd thought to Motherwell whilst they were there. You gloat to fellow Hibs fans if we get beat if you want though.

Onceinawhile
18-05-2018, 08:08 PM
Celtic to win please. Unfortunately.

I mean Motherwell have a song and everything.

davhibby
18-05-2018, 08:12 PM

Have Aberdeen been knocked out by minnows at any point over the last few years? Unless you think our team is pish then surely you have to believe we have a decent chance of making it through a couple of rounds. Aberdeen have had some great ties over recent years including one against Real Sociedad, we were a penalty shootout away from a tie against Hertha Berlin the last time we played in Europe and we were a championship team at the time

B.H.F.C
18-05-2018, 08:16 PM
A bit extreme mate, been following Hibs seriously since the mid eighties, European highlights, a win against Videoton and defeat to AEK Athens. Happily eat humble pie if we qualify for the group stages or make a shed load before getting knocked out.

Your European highlights are hardly going to improve if we don’t qualify for the thing to start with. Remember in 2016 no living person had seen Hibs win the Scottish Cup. Imagine we’d just not entered that year because we didn’t have many highlights previously.

Ringothedog
18-05-2018, 08:16 PM

Hibs get something like 200000 euros just for competing in the Europa League , plus gate receipts. Hardly a small amount to us.

The_Horde
18-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Both for me.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2018, 08:21 PM

Even if we don't get to the play offs, it's still an achievement to get into Europe.

It would be great to progress to the group stage but for me it's about actually qualifying on a regular basis, like Aberdeen have done, and building on that. We were there two years ago through our cup win and to do it again this year would be good. If you're a club that regularly qualifies for European football then the profile of the club goes up and it's able to attract higher quality players.

I honestly can't understand anyone who's a Hibs fan wanting an outcome that will result in us not qualifying for Europe.

Weir07
18-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Anyone who was over at the Vetra game would jump at the chance to go back and wouldnae be giving a 2nd thought to Motherwell whilst they were there. You gloat to fellow Hibs fans if we get beat if you want though.

Gloat if Hibs get beat? Hardly mate, that's some extreme interpretation of my post.

Weir07
18-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Hibs get something like 200000 euros just for competing in the Europa League , plus gate receipts. Hardly a small amount to us.

Honestly didn't know that, maybe revise my opinion, c'mon the 'ti, nah just can't bring myself! 😀

One Day Soon
I suppose it's just a dislike of a massive corporate machine hoovering up all the trophies and the wee guy getting a chance instead, maybe my left of center views clouding my judgement!

We ARE the wee guy. Get a grip.

A Celtc win puts cash in our pocket before we even kick a Europa ball. That's player cash for Lennon. If we get past a round its more cash. This is as basic as it gets.

The best you can argue is that if we don't get the result we need and want from Celtc tomorrow there's some small compensation in Motherwell having won the cup rather than Celtc. But in reality it's no compensation, it benefits us zero, and IDGAF about Motherwell.

I hope Celtc win about 8 nil with their midfield playing an absolute blinder including lots of subs on from their second choice midfielders rendering Scott Allan completely surplus to requirements and available to us permanently for peanuts.

silverhibee
Both for me.

This for me, want the soapdodgers to win so we can get in to Europe next season but will have a few quid on Motherwell to win, so both for me as well.

Fergos
18-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Good point.

No reason why Hibs can't do similar. And if anyone could build towards this and make it happen NL is a decent bet.

GGTTH

18-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Fair enough and of course I want what's best for hibs regardless, I just find it very hard to want one of the OF to win a trophy.#

Celtic win then of course i'll be happy that we get a shot at Europe again. Motherwell win then no Europe but can't say i'll be distraught over it.

JimboHibs
18-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Fair enough and of course I want what's best for hibs regardless, I just find it very hard to want one of the OF to win a trophy.#

Celtic win then of course i'll be happy that we get a shot at Europe again. Motherwell win then no Europe but can't say i'll be distraught over it.

I hope Motherwell are 3 down after 15 mins could not give a monkey's about any club in Scotland other than Hibs.

3pm
18-05-2018, 09:27 PM
Envious of the Well fans tonight.

The night before is like Christmas Eve! 😂

One Day Soon
18-05-2018, 09:29 PM

Yes, but ours was a Christmas Eve and Christmas Day like no other. It's a film waiting to be made.

3pm
18-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Yes, but ours was a Christmas Eve and Christmas Day like no other. It's a film waiting to be made.

Agreed.

More the general sentiment I meant.

Elephant Stone
18-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Gloat if Hibs get beat? Hardly mate, that's some extreme interpretation of my post.

I don't know why they're fuming about this either bud :hilarious

Hibs90
18-05-2018, 09:36 PM
People in this thread need their head examined. Some truly bizarre posts :confused:

Or maybe they are not who they say they are :wink:

Swedish hibee
18-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Que sera sera....
You have to get what you want in life- and not rely on others.

RossScott1991
18-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Madness how some people are casually wanting Motherwell to win as if our 38 marathon season didn’t matter much. 2nd/Europe was the aim. Celtic won means we get Europe. Surely. It’s a no brainer? Normally I’d back any team vs old firm. But hibs should always come first.

thank god lennon doesn’t have the attitude of some of the fans “hope Motherwell win because we will just get knocked out first round anyway” - that’s the spirit. Such a pre 2016 atttiude

Diclonius
18-05-2018, 09:49 PM
This is about the only time I've ever actually wanted one of the OF to win a final so it's virtually guaranteed they'll lose.

Lancs Harp
18-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Has to be Celtic its our destiny to meet Burnley in the Europa cup.

Stuart93
18-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Hahahaha people want motherwell to win surely is a wind up...the draw of us being in Europe for players is massive not to mention extra money we would generate.

18-05-2018, 10:10 PM

Totally agree, remember it well! The nerves, the excitement, the emotion when you dream of what could be. There's really nothing quite like it.

CathroMustStay
18-05-2018, 10:17 PM
An entertaining, high scoring, competitive game that ultimately results in a Celtic win will do me just fine :agree:

Nicho87
18-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Let us get to europe!
And when the Latvian minnows put us out we can have a proper meltdown in July.

Mon the small greens

Mr White
18-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Totally agree, remember it well! The nerves, the excitement, the emotion when you dream of what could be. There's really nothing quite like it.

That could equally apply to Hibs fans before a tie against a decent side in the Europa League qualifiers no?

Tornadoes70
18-05-2018, 11:22 PM
Madness how some people are casually wanting Motherwell to win as if our 38 marathon season didn’t matter much. 2nd/Europe was the aim. Celtic won means we get Europe. Surely. It’s a no brainer? Normally I’d back any team vs old firm. But hibs should always come first.

thank god lennon doesn’t have the attitude of some of the fans “hope Motherwell win because we will just get knocked out first round anyway” - that’s the spirit. Such a pre 2016 atttiude

Don't think this was ever a pre 2016 attitude as you put it. The fact is we didn't rob banks and Lithuanian Taxpayers to fund way way beyond our means like the Yams did who should have been liquidated but were let off the hook.

The Yams thieved their way to their limited success by building a stadium and paying vastly inflated wages they knew would never be paid back unlike most of our honest but not so talented players of which we did not have to enter administration unlike our neighbours the Yams who were spending monopoly money that'd would never be paid back.

Now they're having to live within their means they're struggling to achieve top six.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Tobias Funke
19-05-2018, 12:37 AM

Liquid jobbies imo.

Brizo
19-05-2018, 05:46 AM
As I said on another thread we go all season in all weathers and at great expense with our league ambition being that we will finish high enough up the league to get into Europe.

If that depends on Celtic winning today, I cant understand any Hibbie that wouldn't want a Celtic win. Quite bizarre / revealing those that want a Well win.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
19-05-2018, 07:38 AM

Its weird, and id question any hibs fan's motivation for wanting Motherwell to win, at hibs' expense.

Prior to 2016, i used to hate seeing non OF teams win the cups, because i always wanted it to be Hibs. Now im not so bothered, but id still rather celtic saved up their all too rare hampden stumbles for next season against us.

Betty Boop
19-05-2018, 07:41 AM
So Rogers (if they win today) will have won every domestic trophy they have competed for. He must be bored to tears.

hibsbollah
19-05-2018, 07:44 AM
So Rogers (if they win today) will have won every domestic trophy they have competed for. He must be bored to tears.

Has he won the East of Scotland Shield? I ****ing well think not. Gary Mackay will always have that over him.

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2018, 08:06 AM
Aye it must suck winning all these trophies eh.

Hope we don’t try doing that again for a good few years!

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 08:12 AM
Has he won the East of Scotland Shield? I ****ing well think not. Gary Mackay will always have that over him.

'If you haven't won the Tennents Sixes you haven't won at all' - Mr C Levein.

wpj
19-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know if I can watch it live in England on iplayer? Can't seem to find answer online. Failing that anywhere else? (by pm if not ok)

Billy Whizz
19-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Does anyone know if I can watch it live in England on iplayer? Can't seem to find answer online. Failing that anywhere else? (by pm if not ok)

It’s on IPlayer starting at 2pm

wpj
19-05-2018, 11:41 AM
It’s on IPlayer starting at 2pm

Previously they have not broadcast live football south of the border, I'll wait and see

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Yes you can just set your region to Scotland and you'll be able to watch it.

HibeeHibernian4
19-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Previously they have not broadcast live football south of the border, I'll wait and see

Go to TV on the BBC homepage, click on it and scroll down to the bottom, in small writing there's a bit that says 'location'. Click on that and change it to Scotland, you will then be able to watch the game.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Go to TV on the BBC homepage, click on it and scroll down to the bottom, in small writing there's a bit that says 'location'. Click on that and change it to Scotland, you will then be able to watch the game.[emoji106]Definitely works. That's what I do.

wpj
19-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Yes you can just set your region to Scotland and you'll be able to watch it.

:aok:

Albanian Hibs
19-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Too many on here on a massive fishing trip...🙄

Just Jimmy
19-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Previously they have not broadcast live football south of the border, I'll wait and seeI've watched Scotland games on it down here.

Get it watched. Mon the lessers.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

wpj
19-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Go to TV on the BBC homepage, click on it and scroll down to the bottom, in small writing there's a bit that says 'location'. Click on that and change it to Scotland, you will then be able to watch the game.

Learn something every day, thanks

snooky
19-05-2018, 01:10 PM
If Sparky plays he'll be trying like a bear (ironically :wink:) to score.

Baader
19-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Why would anyone want Motherwell to win this?! Normally yes but not if Hibs benefit from them losing.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Have Motherwell got less tickets than a 50/50 split? Looks like the cordon is away in the corner of the north stand.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 01:24 PM
If Sparky plays he'll be trying like a bear (ironically :wink:) to score.

He's on the bench.

Billy Whizz
19-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Have Motherwell got less tickets than a 50/50 split? Looks like the cordon is away in the corner of the north stand.

Think they only asked for around 12,000 tickets

GlesgaeHibby
19-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Nice touch the BBC running a feature on Phil O'Donnell.

GlesgaeHibby
19-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Celtic look shaky at the back. Better weight of passing on a couple of occassions and Motherwell could have been leading

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Been a really good start to the game. Looks open and both sides trying to attack.

AgentDaleCooper
19-05-2018, 02:08 PM
I hope celtic win the match for our sakes, but it's bloody hard not to will motherwell to score against them when they go up the park.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 02:12 PM
1-0 Celtic

Yahoo

Pretty Boy
What a goal.

Europe here we come.

GlesgaeHibby
1-0 Tic. Some goal.

Aldo
What a strike... on his chocolate foot too

Edit: we have one foot in Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Grieves
What a strike!

Onion
19-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Woo hoo. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
To think Strachan ignored McGreggor when he was Scotland manager, he should have been him sacked for that alone. He's a great wee player.

Smartie
That's an absolutely phenomenal strike for a weaker foot.

Mon Dieu4
19-05-2018, 02:15 PM
To think Strachan ignored McGreggor when he was Scotland manager, he should have been him sacked for that alone. He's a great wee player.

Just finished saying to my pals that he's their best player, he should always be in the Scotland team

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 02:16 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/613rDM4NNdL._SX355_.jpg

at the ready

19-05-2018, 02:16 PM

Not to mention not playing Griffiths sooner and not playing McGinn at all.

Mr Grieves
19-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Lustig really is a prick, Main never touched him.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Motherwell all over the shop here. They need to get a foot on the ball and slow it down.

I hope they don't though.

19-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Motherwell are honking.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 02:23 PM
murrawell still have a chance whilst forest is playing

H18 SFR
19-05-2018, 02:25 PM

Was there not chat that it was because of McGregor's drink driving conviction that Strachan ignored him?

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 02:26 PM
2-0 zilch

B.H.F.C
Game over

Sir David Gray
2-0

JohnM1875
Europe!! :D

SteveHFC
Europe here we come :hyper

Pretty Boy
That's that then.

Keeper bit slow getting down there imo.

Edit - Just seen the deflection, probably played a part.

Keyser Sauzee
Let’s get the passports out come on!!!!!

green day
19-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Yes, ya beauty!

cabbageandribs1875
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51rm6JhCFzL._SY355_.jpg

Aldo
Nice finish.

Lesser greens not even out of second gear here!

Europe a step closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
Right

When’s the draw

Who can we get

And where’s the nearest Irish bar for the teams we may play

andybev1
Europe, here we come. Just need to find a bloody job now!

blaikie
When is the draw made?

Greenfly
19-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Look out your passports , Hi-bees.

Pretty Boy
Dembele is battering that CB. Every ball he's in front of him and getting time to bring it down and pick a pass.

hfc rd
Don’t want to jink it but Europe here we come! 🇪🇺

JimboHibs
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/613rDM4NNdL._SX355_.jpg

at the ready

Beautiful

Greenfly
19-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Europe, here we come. Just need to find a bloody job now!

Are you any good in midfield? There's likely to be a couple of vacancies.

BarneyHibby
19-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Europe Here We Come :agree::thumbsup:

The_Exile
19-05-2018, 02:30 PM
One flight to Yoorup please.

Motherwell are horrific, seems quite the fall from grace, having looked a very tidy team last year and IIRC the beginning of this season.

jingler1954
19-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Back to Copenhagen would do nicely.

Jack Hackett
19-05-2018, 02:31 PM
The Hibs are going to Europe. The Hibs are going to Europe
Nah nah nah nah. Nah nah nah nah :singing:

Bostonhibby
19-05-2018, 02:33 PM
The Hibs are going to Europe. The Hibs are going to Europe
Nah nah nah nah. Nah nah nah nah :singing:And the poppy thieves are going to Elgin or Peterhead.

HFCdeb
19-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Billy Dodds is ruining this for me.

H18 SFR
19-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Billy Dodds is ruining this for me.

He sounds gutted.

HoboHarry
And the poppy thieves are going to Elgin or Peterhead.

Haw you, Elgin's my home town and I don't want those bams infesting the place......

Pretty Boy
Back to Copenhagen would do nicely.

Tallinn or Riga would be good. Sarajevo as an outside shout would be something different, not sure how easy it is to get there though.

Tornadoes70
Another European adventure awaits the famous Edinburgh Hibernian. The Hibs are having a party......

:thumbsup:

Mon the Cabbage!!!

LustForLeith
We’re on the plane
We’re on the plane
Whose on the plane?
We’re on the plane

HFCdeb
He sounds gutted.

He sounds like a moron.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Haw you, Elgin's my home town and I don't want those bams infesting the place......Aye but they like a wee trip to Elgin in the cup. There was about 300 of them the last time ☺

kdhibees1
That picture of the gunts on portie beach needs an upload

Colr
Tallinn or Riga would be good. Sarajevo as an outside shout would be something different, not sure how easy it is to get there though.

Somewhere where the football season isn’t well underway, please!

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 02:39 PM
hibs playing in europe

natural order and all that

Iggy Pope
19-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Tallinn or Riga would be good. Sarajevo as an outside shout would be something different, it sure how easy it is to get there though.

Anywhere in the Baltics will be sound.
Bosnia via Croatia sounds like a holiday in the offing.

Pretty Boy
Somewhere where the football season isn’t well underway, please!

Do a lot of the summer football leagues not amend their seasons in World Cup years?

BroxburnHibee
What's provisional date for European ties?

Zazu62
19-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Will we be in the preliminary round or the 1 st round?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Europa_League

Hibee87
19-05-2018, 02:45 PM

12 and 19 of july i think

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 02:46 PM

12th and 19th July will be the 1st and 2nd legs.

SaulGoodman
19-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Hatchet men

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 02:47 PM
murrawell players resorting to their natural order....cloggers

snooky
19-05-2018, 02:48 PM
2-0

Motherwell must have gone to the Royal wedding because they've not showed up at Dumpden

kaimendhibs
19-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Football winning over thuggery. 99 times out of 100 I would want Celtc to lose this but Europe a massive reward for the season we had

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
19-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Stephen Thompson. Motherwell haven't been playing the football that has brought them success week in week out. Week in week out? Thought they finished in the bottom six.

Billy Whizz
19-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Football winning over brawn so far

kaimendhibs
19-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Stephen Thompson. Motherwell haven't been playing the football that has brought them success week in week out. Week in week out? Thought they finished in the bottom six.My exact thought when he said it

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
19-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Right lads, where are we wanting to go in Europe?

andybev1
19-05-2018, 03:05 PM
It just came to me that it used to be the case that the losers of the sc were allowed into europe if the winners were in already, when did this change?

Jack Hackett
19-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Gotta laugh at the PBS roaches on their equivalent thread. Absolutely gutted. One flump complaining about Celtc buying another trophy... Forgets to mention the ones they bought :lolyam:

green day
19-05-2018, 03:11 PM
That Boyata, good in the air, crap on the ground.

lapsedhibee
19-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Gotta laugh at the PBS roaches on their equivalent thread. Absolutely gutted. One flump complaining about Celtc buying another trophy... Forgets to mention the ones they bought :lolyam:

Bound to be disappointed. Would have been a fantastic high for them to see us denied some reward for our season on the final day. Potter's probably on the bog right now still hoping that the Mothers can clogback a two-goal deficit.

RossScott1991
19-05-2018, 03:16 PM
This final reminds me of 2013

Went to it knowing we had no chance, couple goals by Celtic in first half killing any glimmer of hope. 2nd half a non event where Celtic grabbed a 3rd late on.

After about 30mins was a case of just enjoying a day and night out.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 03:20 PM
the 'steelmen' ahead 12-4 on the foul count

HibbyAndy
19-05-2018, 03:21 PM
That Bowman is never a football player in a million years.

A team made up of hatchet men

Onion
19-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Motherwell are hardworking but brutal. These cup finals just remind you how special May 16 was and how blessed we were to be part of it.

SChibs
19-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Could do with Celtic getting another. Celtic a wee bit fragile at the back I think and a goal would galvanize well

greenlex
19-05-2018, 03:24 PM
The boy Campbell won’t see 90 mins.

FranckSuzy
19-05-2018, 03:25 PM
That picture of the gunts on portie beach needs an upload

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 03:26 PM
2nd half is a total non event. Celtic pissing about and Motherwell not good enough to lay a glove on them.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 03:27 PM
It just came to me that it used to be the case that the losers of the sc were allowed into europe if the winners were in already, when did this change?

About 3 years ago.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Some save by the Well keeper there. Good block on the follow up as well.

Monts
19-05-2018, 03:29 PM

Were we not the last runners up to get Europe after the 2013 final?

guthrie01
19-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Flat atmosphere, as usual

kdhibees1
19-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Quality sir 😎

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Were we not the last runners up to get Europe after the 2013 final?

Yes.

Technically the rule was still in place for the 13-14 competition but St Johnstone won it that year so the runners up didn't get Europe.

FranckSuzy
19-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Beautiful 😎

There is also another version of the pic...... :devil:

greenlex
19-05-2018, 03:36 PM
About 3 years ago.
Far too late IMO. Should have changed years ago. We had the likes of Gretna and Queen of the South representing us on the back of a cup run that might have including beating no one on the way. Winners only the correct decision.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Boyata is lucky Tierney tucked in there.

Thecat23
19-05-2018, 03:37 PM
This cup final has been very poor in all honesty. Bar the first goal which was a cracker Celtic are so far ahead it’s like a training game at times. Motherwell though have been brutal.

Moulin Yarns
19-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Boyata is lucky Tierney tucked in there.

That was red! Tierney wouldn't win the race if he got through on goal (IMHO)

Pretty Boy
19-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Almost game on there.

Glory Lurker
Phew.

Gag/boak.

NORTHERNHIBBY
What a goal that would have been.

mutley
19-05-2018, 03:39 PM
That was really unlucky with that free kick (which is good for us)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2018, 03:40 PM
just come home sparky, rodgers has a problem with yi

Joe6-2
19-05-2018, 03:41 PM
just come home sparky, rodgers has a problem with yi

About time he did!

SChibs
19-05-2018, 03:41 PM
To be fair I've not seen much of dembele and thought he was overrated but his hold up play is first class despite him not having the stature of a typical target man. Wins the ball really well and it seems to stick to him like glue at times