PDA

View Full Version : Sun Exclusive: Europe

bringbackjoeT!!
17-05-2018, 02:23 PM
How's about this for a Hibs European exclusive, some top class investigative journalism on show here...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2615074/hibs-europe-europa-league-scottish-cup-final-celtic-motherwell/

:grr::grr::grr::grr:

stevie-bee
17-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Never

green day
17-05-2018, 02:25 PM
I assume he gets paid by the word, and wanted a sandwich for his lunch.........

Big_Franck
17-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Can anyone copy and paste here?

Bristolhibby
17-05-2018, 02:29 PM
That whole click bait article condensed into his penultimate paragraph.

“If the Steelmen win they qualify for Europe meaning Hibs miss out, but if the Hoops are victorious the place goes to Neil Lennon’s men.”

J

hibsbollah
17-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Can anyone copy and paste here?

It's not anything of interest, they're just telling their readers what all of us already know, ie- Hibs fans should be cheering on Celtic in the cup final.

bringbackjoeT!!
17-05-2018, 02:30 PM
RACE FOR EUROPE Hibs could still miss out on the Europa League if THIS happens

What are the permutations for Neil Lennon's men? SunSport Online runs through the scenarios

REVEALED By Alan Galindo

ABERDEEN and Rangers have secured their places in next season’s Europa League.. but Hibs could still miss out on European football.

The Dons took second spot after a 1-0 win over Celtic at Parkhead, while Gers and the Hibees played out a stunning 5-5 draw at Easter Road.

Lennon and Hibs could be flying into Europe come Saturday evening
The Light Blues take third spot after the ten-goal thriller, leaving Hibs’ hopes hanging in the balance.

Can Neil Lennon’s men still make the Europa League? And why do Motherwell play such a big part in their fate?

SunSport Online gives you all the information you need.

How Hibs can qualify for Europe

Hibs finished the league season in fourth spot after ending the campaign with a ten-goal Easter Road thriller.

The Hibees and Rangers played out a spectacular 5-5 draw – but the result leaves Neil Lennon’s European hopes hanging in the balance.

Hibs have impressed on their return to the top flight
Aberdeen and Gers have secured their spots for next season through their league placings but Hibs face an anxious wait to find out their fate.

Celtic and Motherwell play in the Scottish Cup Final on Saturday with the final European place up for grabs.

Can Stephen Robinson’s Well stop Celtic’s double treble?

If the Steelmen win they qualify for Europe meaning Hibs miss out, but if the Hoops are victorious the place goes to Neil Lennon’s men.

The Easter Road outfit would enter at the first qualifying stage.

hibsbollah
17-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Sun Exclusive-The Pope is Indeed A Catholic.

Moulin Yarns
17-05-2018, 02:31 PM
How's about this for a Hibs European exclusive, some top class investigative journalism on show here...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2615074/hibs-europe-europa-league-scottish-cup-final-celtic-motherwell/

Clickbait. It repeats what we already know.

Big_Franck
17-05-2018, 02:37 PM

What are the permutations for Neil Lennon's men? SunSport Online runs through the scenarios

REVEALED By Alan Galindo

ABERDEEN and Rangers have secured their places in next season’s Europa League.. but Hibs could still miss out on European football.

The Dons took second spot after a 1-0 win over Celtic at Parkhead, while Gers and the Hibees played out a stunning 5-5 draw at Easter Road.

The Light Blues take third spot after the ten-goal thriller, leaving Hibs’ hopes hanging in the balance.

Can Neil Lennon’s men still make the Europa League? And why do Motherwell play such a big part in their fate?

Hibs finished the league season in fourth spot after ending the campaign with a ten-goal Easter Road thriller.

The Hibees and Rangers played out a spectacular 5-5 draw – but the result leaves Neil Lennon’s European hopes hanging in the balance.

Aberdeen and Gers have secured their spots for next season through their league placings but Hibs face an anxious wait to find out their fate.

Celtic and Motherwell play in the Scottish Cup Final on Saturday with the final European place up for grabs.

If the Steelmen win they qualify for Europe meaning Hibs miss out, but if the Hoops are victorious the place goes to Neil Lennon’s men.

Ground breaking stuff from the Sun as usual.

JeMeSouviens
17-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Wow - all these permutations, ma heid's spinning! :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
17-05-2018, 02:38 PM
I'm glad they REVEALED it though.

I'm going to ring the sun up to ask if they can suggest a document that might assist me with travel throughout Europe should we get there, especially at border control.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
17-05-2018, 02:41 PM
A quiet news week. How did this pedancy get past their sports editor? :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
17-05-2018, 02:44 PM
A quiet news week. How did this pedancy get past their sports editor? :rolleyes:
A pedant writes:

:tsk tsk:

jacomo
17-05-2018, 03:07 PM
It's not anything of interest, they're just telling their readers what all of us already know, ie- [B]Hibs fans should be cheering on Celtic in the cup final.[/]B

The Rangers and Hertz will use this as further proof of a green conspiracy against them.

Pretty Boy
17-05-2018, 03:16 PM
All these permutations really are very confusing. If Motherwell win they are in Europe, if Celtic win Hibs are in Europe. How will I remember that?

I know the Sun isn't generally targeted at Mensa members but I'm sure even their readers can get their heads around such a complex puzzle.

If that's the pish they are printing with the season still ongoing imagine how bad it will be in a few weeks. Rangers and Celtic will be linked with every player with a pulse and we'll get exclusives on Gerrards favoured brand of bog roll, his innocative approach to slicing toast and how he always dreamed of managing Rangers when he was mere spermatazoa in his Dads baws.

givescotlandfreedom
17-05-2018, 03:17 PM
I'm glad they REVEALED it though.

I'm going to ring the sun up to ask if they can suggest a document that might assist me with travel throughout Europe should we get there, especially at border control.

What a revelation. We'd be stuck without that fanny to tell us.

Jones28
17-05-2018, 03:17 PM
That was like reading a Donald Trump speech

Bostonhibby
17-05-2018, 03:20 PM
All these permutations really are very confusing. If Motherwell win they are in Europe, if Celtic win Hibs are in Europe. How will I remember that?

I know the Sun isn't generally targeted at Mensa members but I'm sure even their readers can get their heads around such a complex puzzle.

If that's the pish they are printing with the season still ongoing imagine how bad it will be in a few weeks. Rangers and Celtic will be linked with every player with a pulse and we'll get exclusives on Gerrards favoured brand of bog roll, his innocative approach to slicing toast and how he always dreamed of managing Rangers when he was mere spermatazoa in his Dads baws.I've just popped out and written it on my car windscreen in case I forget the permutations.

I used gloss paint in case it rains between now and then as emulsion would wash off, I'm not daft me.

I still don't buy the Sun.

Deansy
17-05-2018, 03:21 PM

REVEALED By Alan Galindo

IN OTHER WORDS

Septic win - we're in / Septic lose - we're oot !

Bostonhibby
17-05-2018, 03:23 PM
IN OTHER WORDS

Septic win - we're in / Septic lose - we're oot !
You claiming that as an exclusive? [emoji6]

scooby
17-05-2018, 03:23 PM
More p*** than usual being spouted by the media at the moment, especially about who the rangers are apparently signing. Should be worth a laugh when reality dawns with the orks.

Nevi_SOL
17-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Dear the sun newspaper,

Thank you for clearing that up

Clerie Green
17-05-2018, 03:25 PM
What if it’s a draw ?

:confused: :thumbsup: :greengrin

McSwanky
17-05-2018, 03:26 PM

If that's the pish they are printing with the season still ongoing imagine how bad it will be in a few weeks. Rangers and Celtic will be linked with every player with a pulse and we'll get exclusives on Gerrards favoured brand of bog roll, his innocative approach to slicing toast and how he always dreamed of managing Rangers when he was mere spermatazoa in his Dads baws.

I'm off out to buy a copy now so I can have it next to me whilst watching the cup final, just in case I forget.

Waxy
17-05-2018, 03:27 PM
This is a bit complicated and i’m no sure i understand.

Deansy
17-05-2018, 03:37 PM
You claiming that as an exclusive? [emoji6]

Just thinking of my 'Ecological foorprint' ..................

More p*** than usual being spouted by the media at the moment, especially about who the rangers are apparently signing. Should be worth a laugh when reality dawns with the orks.

With the World Cup coming up we should have a competition about how many of the players taking part will the 'Currant Hun/Daily Rectum' link to the Hun ?

'Mair Slavering Pish Aboot The Hun'

I'll start - I say they'll be linked with at least 8 WC players !

Jack Hackett
17-05-2018, 03:44 PM
What if it’s a draw ?

Celtc will just have to win it again

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-05-2018, 04:11 PM
What an embarrassment of an article. There is no "race for Europe"

There is one spot left reserved for the cup winners though be that Motherwell or Celtic. If Celtic win we get it because theyre in europe already the cup representative rule was abolished due to ***** European performances by our clubs.

I've not followed media build up and this could be under the hibs section but that's my motivation if I'm Motherwell manager or player. Everyone thinks we're beaten before a ball ie kicked and hibs are in Europe.

Would normally want the well to win though, but I want us to benefit

RoYO!
17-05-2018, 04:21 PM
I wonder what next this journo can iron out for us?

Irish border post Brexit?
How do you solve a problem like Korea?
Cathro...

snooky
17-05-2018, 04:32 PM
I'm going on Mastermind.
Subject : Permutations of Hibs being In or Out Europe. (14 - 18 May, 2018).

Sir David Gray
17-05-2018, 05:16 PM
What if it’s a draw ?

Best of three game of rock, paper, scissors between Neil Lennon and Stephen Robinson.

snooky
17-05-2018, 05:33 PM
What if it’s a draw ?

Nae problem, Motherwell/Hibs select play in Europe.

hibby6270
17-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Phew!! I can now watch the two leg Premiership play-off final, safe in the knowledge the outcome has no impact on who claims a European spot. I was a bit misled before the Sun cleared up the doubt.

poolman
17-05-2018, 05:54 PM

I'll need to get someone to explain this to me

It's news to me 🙄

cabbageandribs1875
17-05-2018, 06:04 PM
why is the journalist getting ripped to pieces on here :confused: we might know what's required, motherwell fans will know what's required, reads to me as though he's only letting scottish football fans know what will happen with the cup final result :dunno:

Broken Gnome
17-05-2018, 06:09 PM
why is the journalist getting ripped to pieces on here :confused: we might know what's required, motherwell fans will know what's required, reads to me as though he's only letting scottish football fans know what will happen with the cup final result :dunno:

It's 400 words too long when 40 would have sufficed?

Jack Hackett
17-05-2018, 06:12 PM
It's 400 words too long when 40 would have sufficed?

Hibs qualify for Europe if Celtc win cup

Did it in 8 :greengrin

ehf
17-05-2018, 09:04 PM
What if it’s a draw ?

What if some functionary at UEFA decides to apply some cursory due diligence to Sevco's FFP compliance and finds it wanting?

Lancs Harp
17-05-2018, 09:06 PM
Next weeks Sun exclusive, "opening a packet of crisps made simple"

Springbank
17-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Celtc will just have to win it again

Excellent Cathro reference 10/10

Phil MaGlass
18-05-2018, 05:41 AM
Cant believe I just wasted a minute or so reading that. Journalism at its best.Its what we come to expect from a Scottish media that craps its pants from The Thes.

Hibster
18-05-2018, 10:02 AM
I've read the article a few times now, think I've just about worked it out..
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Hibs will qualify if all of the following happens:
Celtic draw, scoring at least 4 goals
At the same time Motherwell win by 2 goals - scoring at least 3 in the process and not conceding more than 6
All the players join hands at half time for a rendition of Ring a Ring o' Roses

RoYO!
18-05-2018, 10:27 AM
I've read the article a few times now, think I've just about worked it out..
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Hibs will qualify if all of the following happens:
Celtic draw, scoring at least 4 goals
At the same time Motherwell win by 2 goals - scoring at least 3 in the process and not conceding more than 6
All the players join hands at half time for a rendition of Ring a Ring o' Roses

No.

I believe it's duck, duck, goose at HT

Rocky
18-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Could someone check my arithmetic please? If I put £20 on Motherwell to win the cup at 11/2 then I think the permutations are:

- Celtic win, I lose £20, I'm happy
- Motherwell win, I win £130, I'm sad but £130 worth of bladdered to ease the pain.

Does that sound about right?

Hibster
18-05-2018, 10:52 AM
No.

I believe it's duck, duck, goose at HT

Well that changes everything

Feeling a lot more confident now

Hibs Class
18-05-2018, 10:53 AM
Hibs qualify for Europe if Celtc win cup

Did it in 8 :greengrin

Celtc win = Hibs in Europe

Did it in five :na na:

Springbank
18-05-2018, 11:18 AM

i'm going to have to insist on words and numerals only, i'm afraid

disqualified for use of the equals sign

and to rub salt in the wound i'll sign off with an emoji...

:rules:

Pretty Boy
18-05-2018, 12:46 PM
I think it's a permutation best described in something resembling a Haiku:

Celtic score goal early
In east Hibs fans cheer loud
Motherwell upset

Or a limerick:

Celtic won't even break sweat
They are a very good bet
If they win the cup
And don't **** it up
The Hibees will need Easyjet

Or

There's a team in orange and maroon
This summer their fans won't get broon
Hibs are in Europe
If Celtic win the cup
And the Steelmen will feel very doon

Or a simple couplet:

Tomorrow we support a team in green
As it has always been

Mr White
18-05-2018, 12:55 PM
I think it's a permutation best described in something resembling a Haiku:

Celtic score goal early
In east Hibs fans cheer loud
Motherwell upset

Or a limerick:

Celtic won't even break sweat
They are a very good bet
If they win the cup
And don't **** it up
The Hibees will need Easyjet

Or

There's a team in orange and maroon
This summer their fans won't get broon
Hibs are in Europe
If Celtic win the cup
And the Steelmen will feel very doon

Or a simple couplet:

Tomorrow we support a team in green
As it has always been

The Mothers will try for the cup
With the bonus of playing in Europe
If Celtc don't win
No Hibees will grin
And Rodgers will have really ****ed up

Bristolhibby
18-05-2018, 02:09 PM

Celtic Win, Hibs = Europe.

danhibees1875
18-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Ifcelticwinthenhibsareineurope, obviously.

HiBremian
18-05-2018, 03:38 PM
What if it’s a draw ?

SUN EXCLUSIVE:

REVEALED: Your cut out and keep guide to "extra time"

TOMORROW : The mystery they call "a penalty shootout". And why it shouldn't involve guns. :cb

Broken Gnome
18-05-2018, 04:59 PM
They've changed it. Top notch investigative journalism lost to the annuls of time. Sad.

Bostonhibby
18-05-2018, 05:30 PM

4Lessers win Originals qualify.

#lesserswinoriginalsqualify

ancient hibee
18-05-2018, 06:01 PM
If Celtic win Hibernian will rightfully take their place in European football.

Easy four words.

NEXT WEEK Arithmetic for dummies.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Rememberthat if the Sun ran a story to say how two and two equals four, I would still be doubting them.

Captain Trips
18-05-2018, 06:58 PM
How come nobody on here knew this until The Sun broke this exclusive story? Were are all ITK folk on here gone?

PatHead
19-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Wonder what the follow up will be? Another exclusive.

Sammy7nil
19-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Could someone check my arithmetic please? If I put £20 on Motherwell to win the cup at 11/2 then I think the permutations are:

- Celtic win, I lose £20, I'm happy
- Motherwell win, I win £130, I'm sad but £130 worth of bladdered to ease the pain.

Does that sound about right?

Sorry fail - the outcome was always going to be £20 loss however should the impossible have happened you would have collected £130 winning £110. Do i win the smart alec award :greengrin

Springbank
19-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Now that euro qualification is sorted i have been asked by Paul Hanlon to get the journalist's contact détails.

The skipper is looking for a cut-out-and-keep guide for all the permutations for the coin toss, when we play in Europe

snooky
19-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Sorry fail - the outcome was always going to be £20 loss however should the impossible have happened you would have collected £130 winning £110. Do i win the smart alec award :greengrin

No but we did have a Smart Alex Edwards once. :greengrin

Rocky
19-05-2018, 09:34 PM

Naw, but I win the best £20 I ever lost award