PDA

View Full Version : The World Cup

LustForLeith
16-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Now that the football season is over, thoughts turn to the World Cup..!

Struggling to get excited about this. Thankfully I’m not English as I’d be struggling to get excited about this squad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44138600

What’s people’s thoughts on it? Whose your tip to win it? Which team will disappoint? Whose your dark horses that will probably go out in the first round?

David_D
16-05-2018, 06:34 PM
I have said for a while I think Nigeria will do well. No real reasoning behind it just a hunch. Then they drew probably the worst group in Argentina, Iceland and Croatia so could easily be over by group stages for me.

LustForLeith
16-05-2018, 06:36 PM
I have said for a while I think Nigeria will do well. No real reasoning behind it just a hunch. Then they drew probably the worst group in Argentina, Iceland and Croatia so could easily be over by group stages for me.

Loving the Nigerian kits. They should get a goal start for the quality of them

Scott Allan Key
16-05-2018, 06:37 PM

Struggling to get excited about this. Thankfully I’m not English as I’d be struggling to get excited about this squad.

What’s people’s thoughts on it? Whose your tip to win it? Which team will disappoint? Whose your dark horses that will probably go out in the first round?

I’d like to say Morocco and Iran will impress as dark horses, but given they are both with Spain and Portugal I can’t see both progressing. Iran have Carlos Queiroz as coach and have a very impressive qualification record and are bringing through both creative and goal scoring players now to go with their miserly defence.

I don’t know who’ll win it but I’d wager Germany won’t be far away.

IGRIGI
16-05-2018, 06:40 PM
I think the action off the pitch will be more exciting than the action on it.

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2018, 06:42 PM
I see the England squad is being slated by many already. Squads of yesteryear went with great expectations and failed miserably, this one has no chance apparently and will probably fail miserably. No difference really, I hope we do well, we probably won't. I love the WC though and hope Brazil live up to expectations.

LustForLeith
16-05-2018, 06:44 PM
I think the action off the pitch will be more exciting than the action on it.

I was thinking the same but I’m sure on the ITV documentary the other night there was a Russian hooligan who said 90 per cent of Russian hooligans have signed an agreement not to cause trouble.

So that puts paid to that then

LustForLeith
16-05-2018, 06:48 PM
I see the England squad is being slated by many already. Squads of yesteryear went with great expectations and failed miserably, this one has no chance apparently and will probably fail miserably. No difference really, I hope we do well, we probably won't. I love the WC though and hope Brazil live up to expectations.

I really don’t mind if England win it as it will give them something to talk about other than 1966. There’s very little chance they will with that squad though. There seems to be a lot of defenders it midfielders who play in defence.

Brazil need to make up for the embarrassment of the last one where they stumbled around until they got hammered off Germany. Was it Fred who touched the ball three times and two of them were from kick offs in one match?

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-05-2018, 06:48 PM

I was just saying to my mate today that in all the years I can remember, this could be the "worst" England squad to head to a major tournament. Imagine it this was the time they went and done something??

As it is, Brazil, Germany, Spain, France and Argentina all wipe the floor with them in knockout football imo

Scott Allan Key
16-05-2018, 06:49 PM
I was thinking the same but I’m sure on the ITV documentary the other night there was a Russian hooligan who said 90 per cent of Russian hooligans have signed an agreement not to cause trouble.

So that puts paid to that then

I predict a ‘goading’, then.

bingo70
16-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Fancy Egypt as the dark horses.

I don’t think they’ll win it but think they might sneak into the latter stages, they’ve got a goal scorer in Salah so anything is possible.

Bristolhibby
16-05-2018, 06:54 PM
I was just saying to my mate today that in all the years I can remember, this could be the "worst" England squad to head to a major tournament. Imagine it this was the time they went and done something??

As it is, Brazil, Germany, Spain, France and Argentina all wipe the floor with them in knockout football imo

Was saying this to the lad at work. Expectation is low, pressure should be off.

They should be home by the second round. Quarters at best.

Anyone know what their “route to the final” could be?

J

Mibbes Aye
16-05-2018, 06:56 PM

I'm not sure why it's being slated, I think it's the best picks given the circumstances and Southgate knows the players really well. It actually looks balanced - a few youngsters and a few older players, but the vast majority firmly in their prime.

They are light on international caps but the outfield squad is massively weighted with players from top-six clubs with plenty European experience.

Alexander-Arnold is maybe the biggest surprise but he's going to be a Champions League finalist and shown up for Liverpool in the big games. Lallana would have been a certainty with a few more games this season, Southgate is a big admirer but not reckless, hence him being on stand-by. Wilshere is probably the most talented English midfielder as it stands but simply hasn't played enough games, pure and simple and I say that as an Arsenal fan.

Some scary-looking squads in the tournament - Germany and Brazil in particular and the Argentinian attack is formidable.

SteveHFC
16-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Fancy France to win it this year. Got the best squad around.

Swedish hibee
16-05-2018, 07:06 PM
I don't know much about the England squad, but I did see Danny Welbeck live twice last season and thought he was very poor. Maybe just a bad 2 European games?

Anyway, come on Sweden!!!

RoslinInstHibby
16-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Fancy Egypt as the dark horses.

I don’t think they’ll win it but think they might sneak into the latter stages, they’ve got a goal scorer in Salah so anything is possible.

They are a decent side, think they will do well

Bostonhibby
16-05-2018, 07:14 PM
I'm out for this one. They should just let the sponsors play off for the best adverts then let the best bribes play off for 3rd and 4th.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
16-05-2018, 07:18 PM
I don't know much about the England squad, but I did see Danny Welbeck live twice last season and thought he was very poor. Maybe just a bad 2 European games?

Anyway, come on Sweden!!!

Welbeck has had a bitty season but I think he's got the most international goals of anybody in the squad and only he and Kane have reached double figures for England.

He averages a goal every two and a half caps or so, and he's scored against a real mix of decent teams and some cannon fodder but a lot of his caps have been from the bench so his goals per minute ratio is better than the 15 goals in 37 caps suggests.

Regardless, he seems to score more regularly at international level than at club level and you can't really argue with that - he gets goals in an England shirt and that's what Southgate needs.

cabbageandribs1875
16-05-2018, 07:23 PM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UzsAAOSwg8taIoKv/s-l300.jpg

but the winner shall come from either one of

Spain
Germany
Brazil

Belgium the dark horse

bingo70
16-05-2018, 07:28 PM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UzsAAOSwg8taIoKv/s-l300.jpg

but the winner shall come from either one of

Spain
Germany
Brazil

Belgium the dark horse

Surely Belgium can’t be considered dark horses? They must be one of the favourites.

JeMeSouviens
16-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Would love Messi to get a world cup.

cabbageandribs1875
16-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Surely Belgium can’t be considered dark horses? They must be one of the favourites.

i thought i had actually deleted that before posting :faf:

stoneyburn hibs
16-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Germany for me, they're just so good collectively.

Lago
16-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Personally I think it is a pretty decent squad who could do reasonably well.

Lancs Harp
16-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Winner for me will come from either Spain (my favourites) Germany or France, perhaps Brazil.

As for England, they will emerge from the group stage and will lose in either first or second knockout match. England will have done ok to get to the quarter finals, wouldnt expect anymore.

hibsbollah
16-05-2018, 07:39 PM
I was flicking through the Bollah family Panini sticker album today, and I was struck by what good players Colombia have. They had a good run last time with basically the same squad so they have tournament nous now, i think they could surprise and get to the semis.

Spain will win it.

angus hibby
16-05-2018, 07:40 PM
I’ve a sneaky feeling Roberto Martinez could get the Arsenal job. Has Thierry Henry on his coaching staff with Belgium too. if they do well at World Cup, he may be in demand and given his age, would imagine he’d look at getting back into a club management job. Although that would mean Arsenal waiting until after WC to appoint a manager and imagine they would have someone in place before that.

Smartie
16-05-2018, 07:41 PM

I'd say England are the dark horses - less expectation than ever but still with a strong squad.

They've done what they've needed to do for decades - ditched the players hanging around on reputation alone rather than form or ability.

The defence looks too suspect to win the thing, but they have loads of pace, a goal scorer in Kane and a decent amount of big game experience.

Watching this Europa League final is getting me in the mood for it.

hibsbollah
16-05-2018, 07:43 PM
I'd say England are the dark horses - less expectation than ever but still with a strong squad.

They've done what they've needed to do for decades - ditched the players hanging around on reputation alone rather than form or ability.

The defence looks too suspect to win the thing, but they have loads of pace, a goal scorer in Kane and a decent amount of big game experience.

Watching this Europa League final is getting me in the mood for it.

England look good going forward but no goalie, ropey centre backs and full backs who can't defend.

LustForLeith
16-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Fancy France to win it this year. Got the best squad around.

Best haircuts and best swagger as well. They deserve a goal start too

Michael
16-05-2018, 07:47 PM
England's midfield is non-existant. Poor keeper selection too. Defense is pretty dodgy.

The only thing they have is Kane.

HibbyAndy
16-05-2018, 07:48 PM
France are the strongest team

LustForLeith
I was flicking through the Bollah family Panini sticker album today, and I was struck by what good players Colombia have. They had a good run last time with basically the same squad so they have tournament nous now, i think they could surprise and get to the semis.

Spain will win it.

Not sure if he’s in the squad but they would have had a belter if a tournament if Falcao had been fit in the last one. Didn’t he damage his leg in a French cup match against a low league team? I’m sure Columbia included him in the squad but he wasn’t fit.

Columbia could be a shout.

Tornadoes70

Probably similar to the vast majority of us I'd be surprised nay shocked if the winners were not one of this group, in saying that it'd be terrific if a dark horse did go on to win it just for sheer novelty.

I'm going to put a small wager on Argentina to win it outright as they normally give a good account of themselves and have almost as good a chance as any of the rest.

Looking forward to hopefully watching some great games and also hope it passes without incident from any crowd disorder.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Lancs Harp
16-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Probably similar to the vast majority of us I'd be surprised nay shocked if the winners were not one of this group, in saying that it'd be terrific if a dark horse did go on to win it just for sheer novelty.

I'm going to put a small wager on Argentina to win it outright as they normally give a good account of themselves and have almost as good a chance as any of the rest.

Looking forward to hopefully watching some great games and also hope it passes without incident from any crowd disorder.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I know you have to factor in the genius that is Messi, but looking at the their qualifying campaign and their 6-1 annihilation against Spain recently I'd be shocked if Argentina were anywhere near the final. I think Colombia and Uruguay have as much chance from South America of lifting the coverted trophy. Brazil were easily the best team in qualification from South America but im pretty convinced the winner will come from Europe.

Really looking forward to it. Love the world cup.

bingo70
16-05-2018, 07:58 PM
England look good going forward but no goalie, ropey centre backs and full backs who can't defend.

I don’t think they’ve got the midfield to really control a game against a top side.

In a one off game I think England are capable of beating anyone but I think the likelihood of them doing that against 3 or 4 top teams in a row is pretty slim.

Lancs Harp
16-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Cant believe Brandon Barker didnt make the England squad. :wink:

bingo70
16-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Cant believe Brandon Barker didnt make the England squad. :wink:

He’s not from England, he’s from Manchester 😜

Tornadoes70
16-05-2018, 08:13 PM
I know you have to factor in the genius that is Messi, but looking at the their qualifying campaign and their 6-1 annihilation against Spain recently I'd be shocked if Argentina were anywhere near the final. I think Colombia and Uruguay have as much chance from South America of lifting the coverted trophy. Brazil were easily the best team in qualification from South America but im pretty convinced the winner will come from Europe.

Really looking forward to it. Love the world cup.

Me too. Hopefully some brilliant games and great goals with some memorable individual standout moments included.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Sir David Gray
16-05-2018, 08:13 PM
I can't see past the Germans.

16-05-2018, 08:16 PM
I love the world cup, football just about every night :thumbsup:

Clerie Green
16-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Truthfully, who gives a flying Donald Duck?

:na na::aok::na na:

bingo70
16-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Anyone more intelligent than me able to work out what times the game will kick off in Florida time?

I’m on holiday for the first couple of weeks of it and been trying to work it out but I’m getting a sore head trying to work out if the advertised kick off times are uk time or local times, then I’m guessing there’ll be various different time zones across Russia?

Smartie
16-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Me too. Hopefully some brilliant games and great goals with some memorable individual standout moments included.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Some World Cups have been anti-football snore fests but I have high hopes for this one.

Kamikazi attacking football seems quite popular right now and this season's Champions League has been brilliant.

It could be a cracker.

Haymaker
16-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Anyone more intelligent than me able to work out what times the game will kick off in Florida time?

I’m on holiday for the first couple of weeks of it and been trying to work it out but I’m getting a sore head trying to work out if the advertised kick off times are uk time or local times, then I’m guessing there’ll be various different time zones across Russia?

Probably between 6am and 2pm.

bingo70
16-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Probably between 6am and 2pm.

Great, thanks.

Haymaker
16-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Great, thanks.

Might be earlier than 6 depending on time zones in Russia but I'd imagine they'd want lunch/afternoon/evening at reasonable times for European viewers so that'll mean early starts!

Sir David Gray
16-05-2018, 08:31 PM

The opening game between Russia and Saudi Arabia will kick off at 11am Florida time.

Portugal v Spain on day 2 will kick off at 2pm Florida time.

Germany v Mexico 11am
Brazil v Switzerland 2pm
Tunisia v England 2pm

The earliest kick offs in Florida will be 8am.

Ryan69
16-05-2018, 08:34 PM

Most of the big guns..don't have much value.

Uraguay at 33/1 to win is not likely to happen....But e/w is a Big Big price!

bingo70
16-05-2018, 08:34 PM
The opening game between Russia and Saudi Arabia will kick off at 11am Florida time.

Germany v Mexico 11am
Brazil v Switzerland 2pm
Tunisia v England 2pm

Brilliant cheers, that probably works out well for me, although as much as I love the World Cup I can’t see me adjusting my plans too much to make sure I get to watch the games.

Lancs Harp
16-05-2018, 08:36 PM
If its any help, UK kick off times are 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Then the knock out matches are all at 3pm and 7pm. The final is at 4pm.

Haymaker
16-05-2018, 08:38 PM

Germany v Mexico 11am
Brazil v Switzerland 2pm
Tunisia v England 2pm

Cheers for that, glad I won't have to be up at ridiculous o'clock

Mr White
16-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Truthfully, who gives a flying Donald Duck?

:na na::aok::na na:

Quite a few people by the look of it.

heretoday
16-05-2018, 08:54 PM
I've enjoyed the season and I'm looking forward to the World Cup.
It'll be great!

Mr White
16-05-2018, 09:04 PM
First world cup that my son will be able to follow properly. He watched bits and pieces 4 years ago but didn't really understand what was going on.

He's got the pannini album this year as well as a pretty solid understanding of the countries competing and which ones have players he's seen on TV playing for their club sides. I'm really looking forward to a month of the best footballers in the world showing what they can do :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
16-05-2018, 09:16 PM
I absolutely love the world cup. I fully intend to watch every game I possibly can.

we are hibs
16-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Anyone else not feeling like this will be a good World Cup? Maybe it's just because I thought the last one in Brazil was the best I've seen so far, drama, controversy, great goals and great games. Loved following Brazil and how passionate they were when playing plus singing the national anthem. I don't get the same feeling about Russia.

Smartie
16-05-2018, 09:35 PM
Anyone else not feeling like this will be a good World Cup? Maybe it's just because I thought the last one in Brazil was the best I've seen so far, drama, controversy, great goals and great games. Loved following Brazil and how passionate they were when playing plus singing the national anthem. I don't get the same feeling about Russia.

I don't know why, but the fact it is being held in Russia does take away from it a bit for me.

Brazil, USA, Japan, other European countries - all of these are a bit more glamorous and fun than Russia.

Mibbes Aye
16-05-2018, 10:14 PM

There's enough strong teams in it to make for a cracking finale - Brazil, Germany, France, Argentina, Spain with Colombia, Uruguay, Portugal and England all potentially jousting in the latter stages. A rake of teams who could strike lucky and make it to the semis - Switzerland, Poland, Denmark etc.

Going by the draw, form and odds, the QFs could be exceptional - Brazil vs Belgium; Spain vs Argentina; Germany vs England and France vs Uruguay or Portugal, if I've got it right.

What seems certain is that England would have to overcome either Brazil or Germany to reach the semis, dependent on how they finish in the groups and probably having to beat Poland or Colombia enroute. And then either Spain or Argentina in the semi or a final. Not an easy task.

Austinho
16-05-2018, 11:43 PM
If its any help, UK kick off times are 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Then the knock out matches are all at 3pm and 7pm. The final is at 4pm.Oh god: 10pm, 12am, 1am and 4am for me in Australia then. Doh!

Swedish hibee
17-05-2018, 01:22 AM

It'll be a good world cup for me as I'm going to Sweden v Mexico!

LustForLeith
17-05-2018, 05:28 AM
Any good Fantasy Football World Cup comps that folk recommend?

Phil MaGlass
17-05-2018, 05:36 AM
To be honest, without Scotland I lose interest until the latter stages, i havent even thought about the WC in the last few months, its the same for Champs League, I even forgot about Europa final last nite and thats f,d up. Maybe its the saturation of the game, ah dont know, but hopefully there will be a couple of big games to keep me interested.

calumhibee1
17-05-2018, 06:37 AM
Spain
France
Portugal

In that order IMO.

Egypt could surprise a few people if Salah performs. Not many teams will have someone as much of a goal threat.

England’s midfield will have them home by the last 16. Out the group and then knocked out by an average-good team after that.

Is It On....
17-05-2018, 06:43 AM
Egypt...9-0-1 formation (more progressive line up to Leveins preferred 10-0-0 style) could be interesting as they have Mo Sallah upfront..

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-05-2018, 11:40 AM
RE England's opponents should they get out their group this time;

If England progress from their group in Russia they will face one of Poland, Senegal, Colombia and Japan in the first knockout round. Germany and Brazil are among their possible last-eight opponents.

An "Easy tie" last 16 awaits according to Terry the Butcher. Wouldn't consider Poland or Colombia to be easy personally.

bingo70
17-05-2018, 11:43 AM

If England progress from their group in Russia they will face one of Poland, Senegal, Colombia and Japan in the first knockout round. Germany and Brazil are among their possible last-eight opponents.

An "Easy tie" last 16 awaits according to Terry the Butcher. Wouldn't consider Poland or Colombia to be easy personally.

Easy isn’t the right word but I’d expect they’d be favourites against Poland, I don’t know much about the other three though.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Easy isn’t the right word but I’d expect they’d be favourites against Poland, I don’t know much about the other three though.

I think Lewa and Milik would run riot on England's defence

SChibs
17-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Fancy Spain or germany

bingo70
17-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Fancy Spain or germany

Is iniesta still playing for Spain?

If he is I wonder if it’ll be too much for him after a long season, if he’s not I fear they could struggle to replace him.

Such an influential player there’s bound to be a period of transition when it comes to replacing him, even if he retired from international football a year ago that’s still be my concern about Spain.

WeeRussell
17-05-2018, 12:03 PM
Would love Messi to get a world cup.

Same here and my support as such is with the Argies. I fear they can't defend well enough though, but with the wee magician fit and well they have to have a chance. And they almost did it last time around.

Hibrandenburg
17-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Hoping for a Germany v France final. I'll be in Brittany for a family gathering with half and half French/German family members. Has the potential to set the cat amongst the pigeons and make an otherwise boring in law family holiday interesting.

Since90+2
17-05-2018, 01:05 PM

I'd make Colombia favourites to beat England. Poland would be 50-50.

Stranraer
17-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Also struggling to get excited but I'd out my money on France to win it. Would really like to see an African team do well.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-05-2018, 01:45 PM
I'd make Colombia favourites to beat England. Poland would be 50-50.

That's my opinion too, found the comments from Butcher very strange to say the least

hibsbollah
17-05-2018, 01:51 PM
That's my opinion too, found the comments from Butcher very strange to say the least

Butchers a joke. Colombia have better players in every position with the exception of striker (although Falcao is back fit again with a point to prove after missing the last one through injury), and Poland are imo better than England too. Certainly not 'easy'.

Big_Franck
17-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Is iniesta still playing for Spain?

If he is I wonder if it’ll be too much for him after a long season, if he’s not I fear they could struggle to replace him.

Such an influential player there’s bound to be a period of transition when it comes to replacing him, even if he retired from international football a year ago that’s still be my concern about Spain.

He is, yeah. Very rarely lasts the 90 minutes these days though and Spain have spent the last couple of years phasing other players in to replace him. Iniesta is one of my favourite players ever, but with the level he is playing at now at they can replace/sub him with the likes of Isco, David Silva, Asensio or Koke and the team doesn't really notice it. If anything they benefit from the additional pace and energy that someone like Asensio brings. Hoping Spain or Argentina win it.

No surprise to hear Butcher slavering on about England. The man knows absolutely nothing about football if he thinks Colombia would be an easy game for them. I'll be backing James Rodriguez and Colombia should they meet in the last 16.

PeeJay
17-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Would like Germany to do it, but something tells me it won't happen - France or Spain then - can't see any SA team making it to the final ... be good to see a decent run by the English team - hope Russia don't get out of the Group stage ...

Curried
17-05-2018, 02:54 PM
SF1 10 July France v Brazil, SF2 11 July Spain v Germany, Final 15 July Germany V France....Winner - Germany 3-1.

One Day Soon
18-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Well with Scotland and Italy not there - and no Wales either - my options for supporting a country I'm connected to are almost entirely depleted. Almost.

I belatedly realised that Peru are there! And since my Dad was born in Peru I could technically be capped as a Peruvian which is good enough for me. Any country that can produce Teofilo Cubillas has to have something going for it.

I'll happily take Belgium, France or England as winners - as long as it's not any of Brazil, Spain or Germany. Realistically its all about strength in depth, some magic and above all tournament mentality - so I can't see past Germany to win it.

SteveHFC
18-05-2018, 11:56 PM
Also struggling to get excited but I'd out my money on France to win it. Would really like to see an African team do well.

France 7.50 with bet365.

LustForLeith
20-05-2018, 06:12 AM
Reading into it a bit yesterday and Mexico could be a surprise package.

Found a Telegraph Fantasy Football and a McDonalds one. Thinking of the Telegrpah one. Got a day off tomorrow due to school holidays, think I’ll put YouTube on the telly for the kids and spend my time productively studying for this.

Baader
20-05-2018, 06:32 AM
Think Germany could be the first to do back to back World Cups since Brazil in 1962. France squad is possibly the best but not sure about the temperament. Brazil strong too but think Russia favours a European nation.

bingo70
20-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Reading into it a bit yesterday and Mexico could be a surprise package.

Found a Telegraph Fantasy Football and a McDonalds one. Thinking of the Telegrpah one. Got a day off tomorrow due to school holidays, think I’ll put YouTube on the telly for the kids and spend my time productively studying for this.

What’s the logic for Mexico to do well? They don’t have many house hold names do they?

LustForLeith
20-05-2018, 07:28 AM
What’s the logic for Mexico to do well? They don’t have many house hold names do they?

They don’t mate. The site pointed out they won their group, have players who’ve played in the top leagues in Europe and they beat Bosnia, Portugal and drew with Belgium in games recently.

In a group with Germany so not sure who they’d play if they finished second.

JimBHibees
20-05-2018, 08:41 AM

Always do pretty well in the World Cup and have missed out in tight games usually in quarter finals.

LustForLeith
05-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Fifa 98 On The History Channel just now.

For me the World Cup with the greatest collection of players ever

ekhibee
05-06-2018, 11:56 PM
One of these teams will win it: Brazi, Germany,Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, England, France, Iceland, Iran, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Russia and Uruguay.

SteveHFC
06-06-2018, 12:27 AM
Fifa 98 On The History Channel just now.

For me the World Cup with the greatest collection of players ever

Watched the 1974 film earlier today.

Cryuff was some player.

Swedish hibee
06-06-2018, 01:33 AM
One of these teams will win it: Brazi, Germany,Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, England, France, Iceland, Iran, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Russia and Uruguay.

Very happy to see Sweden there!

LustForLeith
06-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Watched the 1974 film earlier today.

Cryuff was some player.

Proper one of his kind. Way ahead of his time. Decent coach too