PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sam Allardyce sacked at Everton

MB62
16-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Everton Football Club can confirm that Sam Allardyce has left his role as manager.

Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale said: “On behalf of the Chairman, Board of Directors and Mr Moshiri, I’d like to thank Sam for the job he has done at Everton over the last seven months. Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with some stability and we are grateful to him for doing that.

“However, we have made the decision that, as part of our longer-term plan, we will be appointing a new manager this summer and will be commencing this process immediately. Again, we’d like to place on record our sincere thanks to Sam for his work with us over the last few months and wish him well for the future.”

Cue the 'Neil Lennon is a certainty for the job' claims

Big Sam did what he was brought in to do, avoid relegation, but the football was very much Lexo/Levein style, absolutely brutal to watch

Onceinawhile
16-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Everton Football Club can confirm that Sam Allardyce has left his role as manager.

Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale said: “On behalf of the Chairman, Board of Directors and Mr Moshiri, I’d like to thank Sam for the job he has done at Everton over the last seven months. Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with some stability and we are grateful to him for doing that.

“However, we have made the decision that, as part of our longer-term plan, we will be appointing a new manager this summer and will be commencing this process immediately. Again, we’d like to place on record our sincere thanks to Sam for his work with us over the last few months and wish him well for the future.”

Cue the 'Neil Lennon is a certainty for the job' claims

Big Sam did what he was brought in to do, avoid relegation, but the football was very much Lexo/Levein style, absolutely brutal to watch

They were something like 13th in the table. The idea he saved then from relegation in a misnomer.

Stranraer
16-05-2018, 10:05 AM
I don't see why they sacked him, Everton aren't going to be anything other than a 6th/7th placed team. The only difference this season is that Burnley have done better than everyone expected.

Onceinawhile
16-05-2018, 10:07 AM
I don't see why they sacked him, Everton aren't going to be anything other than a 6th/7th placed team. The only difference this season is that Burnley have done better than everyone expected.

Because the football was turgid.

Auckland Hibs
16-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Everton knew what they were getting when they brought him on board - his job was to stop the rot and it worked.

You want entertainment then go to the cinema :wink:

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2018, 10:14 AM

Why not? Spurs have done it

jacomo
16-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Because the football was turgid.

But they didn’t like Roberto Martinez’s swashbuckling style either.

G B Young
16-05-2018, 10:15 AM

Pretty sure Everton have won more English league titles than anyone bar Man Utd and Liverpool (and maybe Arsenal), but I might be wrong. Moyes definitely had them finishing in the top 6 on a number of occasions but for so long now they've lived in Liverpool's shadow (even when Liverpool have been less than stellar Everton have still struggled to win many derbies). They had a brilliant team in the mid-80s but it must be frustrating to support them as their potential is rarely realised. Guess it comes down mainly to money these days.

Allardyce is a solid enough boss but never seemed the right fit at Everton. Definitely just seen as a safe pair of hands to get them through a season which had turned sour. I'd be very surprised if Lennon was considered for the job. He's clearly a very fine manager but it's hard to imagine his appointment filling Everton fans with optimism.

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Although he managed Liverpool, I always felt Brendan Rodgers would be a good fit for Everton.

Liverpool are heavyweights and SHOULD be challenging for all major honours which may just be too much for Brendan (despite that one year) whereas a top 7 and FA Cup/Europa League success might be good enough for Everton so would be less pressures

Billy Whizz
16-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Is this another big pay out for Sam?

Michael
16-05-2018, 10:18 AM
They were something like 13th in the table. The idea he saved then from relegation in a misnomer.

He watched them win 4-0 from the stand which took them to 13th. But prior to that match they were 2 points off drop zone, so with a bad appointment they could have gone down.

Thecat23
16-05-2018, 10:19 AM
The Craig Levein of England.

Wilson
16-05-2018, 10:19 AM
They still want that ex-Watford manager. The one that got acked after a string of poor results following Everton's failed bid for him.

Jim44
16-05-2018, 10:21 AM

As they say, he was brought in to keep them away from relegation so I don’t think he would have had a very long contract and it might cost them very little.

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-05-2018, 10:26 AM

£6M is the rumour....

Auckland Hibs
16-05-2018, 10:26 AM

6m was the fee being banded about in the press this week but I'd be surprised if it was that high.

jacomo
16-05-2018, 10:27 AM
As they say, he was brought in to keep them away from relegation so I don’t think he would have had a very long contract and it might cost them very little.

He’s got another season to run and Everton are paying it off to the tune of £6m according to rumours.

Nice work if you can get it (although this figure will probably include pay offs to Big Sam’s extensive backroom team).

Billy Whizz
16-05-2018, 10:27 AM
£6M is the rumour....

Jesus, Everton made a mess of this

The Harp
16-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Never like to see anyone lose their job, but I'd make an exception in Allardyce's case. Hope the Toffees make the right appointment for the advancement of the club this time around.

iwasthere1972
16-05-2018, 10:32 AM
SSN were reporting yesterday that Big Sam would be getting most of the £6 million. Don't know how much most is but probably enough for him to get by on for a wee while.

There's not many professions that you lose your job but still walk out with big bucks at the end of it.

Dashing Bob S
16-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Everything that’s **** about football is represented by Allardyce. A journeyman percentage merchant who has enough savvy to keep a team up and directors in the money, with his spirit crushing brand of football.

Jones28
16-05-2018, 10:44 AM

No doubt he will have pocketed a few million from it.

Allardyce and his clique of English, semi-decent at best managers have probably made more out getting sacked than actually managing teams.

Just Jimmy
16-05-2018, 10:44 AM
£6M in the hipper though. Quids in again. Spanish villa until December when the next club is desperate. Big contract, six months and collect the cash. No record of success anywhere.

He's the Talk Sport dream. One of the lads. Stealing a fortune from the game while pouting every time someone challenges his self inflated ego. A marginal upgrade on Pulis, McClaren, Pardew, Moyes etc. But even less likeable due to his deceitful nature and the fact both he and his son are shady at best characters that have continually gotten away with bringing the game into disrepute and other alleged offences.

The sad thing is he'll be back. He's already playing the 'I've been treated poorly card' that he used when he departed Newcastle and West Ham.

I'm a big fan, can you tell?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

MB62
16-05-2018, 10:54 AM
No doubt he will have pocketed a few million from it.

Allardyce and his clique of English, semi-decent at best managers have probably made more out getting sacked than actually managing teams.

Alex Miller and Graeme Souness are another two that spring to mind.

Carheenlea
16-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Football’s been great for Sam Allardyce, but Sam Allardyce hasn’t been quite so great for football.

KerPlunk
16-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Football’s been great for Sam Allardyce, but Sam Allardyce hasn’t been quite so great for football.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/16/wretched-football-sam-allardyce-everton-sack?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

GlesgaeHibby
16-05-2018, 11:15 AM
The below picture says it all really

https://i.redd.it/1bv5qvjnedj01.jpg

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2018, 11:25 AM
£6M in the hipper though. Quids in again. Spanish villa until December when the next club is desperate. Big contract, six months and collect the cash. No record of success anywhere.

He's the Talk Sport dream. One of the lads. Stealing a fortune from the game while pouting every time someone challenges his self inflated ego. A marginal upgrade on Pulis, McClaren, Pardew, Moyes etc. But even less likeable due to his deceitful nature and the fact both he and his son are shady at best characters that have continually gotten away with bringing the game into disrepute and other alleged offences.

The sad thing is he'll be back. He's already playing the 'I've been treated poorly card' that he used when he departed Newcastle and West Ham.

I'm a big fan, can you tell?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
No success? Many promotions, incredible job with Bolton, saved many clubs from relegation. Very good manager, no doubt.

stantonhibby
16-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Moyes is away as well.

WeeRussell
16-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Hearts aren't anything more than a top 6 side, but plenty of them would want rid of Levein :wink:

Captain Trips
16-05-2018, 11:54 AM

Ooft very harsh on Allerdyce. Haha

Pretty Boy
16-05-2018, 12:03 PM

Where do they expect to finish? He maybe didn't save them but he has them punching their weight. Looking at the table where they have ended up looks about right for a club like Everton. The only club above them I can understand them being upset about, realistically speaking, is Burnley.

Weststandwanab
16-05-2018, 12:04 PM
David Moyes has also left the building.

Iain G
16-05-2018, 12:09 PM
David Moyes has also left the building.

This is turning into a good day with these two self promoting numpties out of a job :greengrin

Boyle89
16-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Moyes gone is bad for us if he did actually want sjm.

heretoday
16-05-2018, 12:35 PM
He did the job he was brought in to do when many Evertonians were seriously worried about relegation. Now he's gone and it's to be hoped that the hugely wealthy Moshiri spends his cash with a bit more shrewdness than last summer when the club made some ill-advised signings.

ancient hibee
16-05-2018, 03:34 PM
This is turning into a good day with these two self promoting numpties out of a job :greengrin
Both did the job they were brought in to do and will depart hugely rewarded-Moyes allegedly £2million for avoiding relegation and Allardyce with a year paid up and not having to work to get it.So I’m not sure who the numpties are.

IGRIGI
16-05-2018, 03:35 PM
Glad to see Moyles out on his arse after whoring himself for the position while the previous manager was still in place.

heretoday
16-05-2018, 03:45 PM
Everton have appointed Marcel Brands from PSV Eindhoven as DoF. His first task is to appoint the new Everton coach!

It would be wrong to assume it's Marco Silva. Might take a while.

Baader
16-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Glad to see Moyles out on his arse after whoring himself for the position while the previous manager was still in place.

I agree. That was really poor from Moyes. As someone with family ties to Everton I'm glad Allardyce has gone. Everton's handling of the Silva situation last season was awful though and they resemble a club that just don't know what they're doing under their new owner.

snooky
16-05-2018, 04:50 PM
I agree. That was really poor from Moyes. As someone with family ties to Everton I'm glad Allardyce has gone. Everton's handling of the Silva situation last season was awful though and they resemble a club that just don't know what they're doing under their new owner.

Any chance Moyes going back to Everton? He did okay there before. :dunno:

guthrie01
16-05-2018, 04:59 PM

At least Big Sam has won something in his career unlike loser Levin

Scorrie
16-05-2018, 05:26 PM
He watched them win 4-0 from the stand which took them to 13th. But prior to that match they were 2 points off drop zone, so with a bad appointment they could have gone down.

And Allardyce took credit for that win as well. As a bit of a Blue, glad he’s gone. Shocking football and crass arrogance as well

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2018, 05:28 PM
Any chance Moyes going back to Everton? He did okay there before. :dunno:

I doubt it, they long for more than just okay, the Everton fans wouldn't consider that progress at all.

LustForLeith
16-05-2018, 06:18 PM
I know it wasn’t Sams doing but Everton spent £200 last summer I thInk? Lost Lukaku and never replaced him.

Isn’t there some sort of legal battle between Evertine and Watford over Silva not going to the Toffees?

I saw something linking Moyes with Everton and Big Sam with West Ham. Would never happen by funny if it did.

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2018, 06:55 PM
I wonder if Sammy Lee will end up on Rangers coaching staff.