PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson good shout to start for scotland

Nevi_SOL
16-05-2018, 02:35 AM
Barry Douglas has pulled out and Killie LB O’Donnell Has replaced him with neither Kieran Tierney or Andy Robertson in the squad will be between lewy and O’Donnell

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44132990

GlesgaeHibby
16-05-2018, 06:05 AM
Barry Douglas has pulled out and Killie LB O’Donnell Has replaced him with neither Kieran Tierney or Andy Robertson in the squad will be between lewy and O’Donnell

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44132990

Good news. Thought Taylor was killies main lb. Maybe injured

yerauldda
16-05-2018, 06:17 AM
O’Donnell is a right back.

calumhibee1
16-05-2018, 06:37 AM
Still got Shinnie and Mulgrew who can play LB. Would be ridiculous to start using players in unnatural positions but it wouldn’t surprise me if either of them started instead.

1van Sprou7e
16-05-2018, 06:48 AM
Still got Shinnie and Mulgrew who can play LB. Would be ridiculous to start using players in unnatural positions but it wouldn’t surprise me if either of them started instead.

Shinnie is a natural LB

calumhibee1
16-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Shinnie is a natural LB

Possibly, but he doesn’t play there anymore.

CRAZYHIBBY
16-05-2018, 08:54 AM
Even if he only gets one game he deserves it.... would be interesting to see how he plays in a different team

calumhibee1
16-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Even if he only gets one game he deserves it.... would be interesting to see how he plays in a different team

He does. I’ve never wanted someone to get a cap so badly.

SChibs
16-05-2018, 12:33 PM

I think shinnie or mulgrew will start at lb. Mcleish will be exploring all his options and these will include those 2 at lb at some point. I do think Stevenson will be game time though

heretoday
16-05-2018, 12:39 PM
It's great for Lewis. I must say I never had him down as an international.

worcesterhibby
16-05-2018, 02:59 PM
If he get's a game and gonna buy a Scotland top and get it signed by him :greengrin

basehibby
17-05-2018, 01:18 AM
Totally delighted for Lewis. It was only a couple of months back that I was enthusing to someone that Lewis is a total Ninja after yet another totally focused performance where he had a much vaunted opponent in his back pocket (not sure but may have been Mackay Stevens).

It's great that McLeish as new Scotland manager has picked up on Lewis's shining form - I really hope he gets his cap - he won't let anyone down that's for sure.

Good luck Lewis!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag::flag::thumbsup::t humbsup:

ian cruise
17-05-2018, 07:44 AM
Imagine you'd placed a bet for Lewis to have a Scotland cap and a Scottish Cup winners medal with Hibs l those years ago, you'd have put the bookies out of business.

I really hope he gets a start, guy is a legend and deserves it.

Hibbyradge
17-05-2018, 09:17 AM
It looks like neither of the games will be on TV.

Or am I missing something?

crewetollhibee
17-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Imagine you'd placed a bet for Lewis to have a Scotland cap and a Scottish Cup winners medal with Hibs l those years ago, you'd have put the bookies out of business.

I really hope he gets a start, guy is a legend and deserves it.

Yep, and a 10 bob bet would’ve done it.

Renfrew_Hibby
17-05-2018, 05:46 PM
I believe we are playing in whats effectively Peru's official send off match.
I would guess the place will be rocking and a classic South American affair with ticker tape and 90 minutes of non stop singing.
Lima's a huge city and will be buzzing big time, should be quite an experience for both the team and any lucky Tartan Army footsoldiers who make it.

Brummie_Hibs
17-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Anybody else going?

Albanian Hibs
17-05-2018, 06:07 PM

They are on early hours of morning. Around 2 or 3am I think.

hibee_girl
23-05-2018, 09:46 AM

Both games on BBC One Scotland

CMac1988
23-05-2018, 09:58 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjHNxmzgmfU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=dtaq0c33920b

JimBHibees
23-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Both games on BBC One Scotland

When are the games?

hibee_girl
23-05-2018, 10:02 AM
When are the games?

30th May at 2am and the 3rd June at 1am

JimBHibees
23-05-2018, 10:06 AM
30th May at 2am and the 3rd June at 1am

Thanks

A few pictures of the players leaving yesterday on Hibs twitter. It mentions Edinburgh airport however looks more like Glasgow.

https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial

Size of Lewis's case he is going for a while or maybe lost the draw to get the duty free. :greengrin

overdrive
23-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Thanks

A few pictures of the players leaving yesterday on Hibs twitter. It mentions Edinburgh airport however looks more like Glasgow.

https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial

Size of Lewis's case he is going for a while or maybe lost the draw to get the duty free. :greengrin

I didn’t realise Scott Bain had been called up until I saw him in the background of the SJM pic.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2018, 03:58 PM
I didn’t realise Scott Bain had been called up until I saw him in the background of the SJM pic.

He’s one lucky boy. Frozen out at Dundee, them gets a move to Hibs, then a 4 year deal at Celtic, and now a national call up
Not convinced he’s even that good

JimBHibees
23-05-2018, 04:01 PM

Yep a replacement for McGregor who no doubt had as part of his Rangers contract that you can pick and choose international games and still get called up. :rolleyes:

Leith's finest
24-05-2018, 04:58 PM
I think Lewis will get game time in 1st game

hibee_girl
25-05-2018, 08:23 PM
https://twitter.com/hibsofficial/status/1000104176385437696?s=21

Everyone loves Lewis 💚

Dashing Bob S
26-05-2018, 12:08 AM
It's great for Lewis. I must say I never had him down as an international.

The League Cup final I pegged him as a future Scotland captain. Has developed into a decent journeyman full back. But there are less able players who have been capped and it isn’t a world beating squad so he deserves it.

Bristolhibby
26-05-2018, 07:38 AM
It would be a travesty if he doesn’t get capped on this tour. I think Big Eck will do just that.

Look back on his career includes League Cup winners medal, Scottish Cup Winners Medal and a Scotland Cap. All with Hibs!

I’d give my right nut for that.

J

staunchhibby
26-05-2018, 07:56 AM
A cap would be a great addition to Lewis well earned medal collection:not worth

Allant1981
26-05-2018, 09:28 AM
The League Cup final I pegged him as a future Scotland captain. Has developed into a decent journeyman full back. But there are less able players who have been capped and it isn’t a world beating squad so he deserves it.

a journeyman?

john18722
26-05-2018, 09:37 AM
a journeyman?

Journeyman definition is surely a guy who has been at a number of clubs and has never settled anywhere. He's literally the exact opposite of a journeyman

jacomo
26-05-2018, 09:38 AM

Very opposite of a journeyman. He’s not been anywhere else?

Shrekko
26-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Journeyman definition is surely a guy who has been at a number of clubs and has never settled anywhere. He's literally the exact opposite of a journeyman

Correct - and nor is he anything like a journeyman in terms of ability either.

Allant1981
26-05-2018, 10:06 AM

yip he is anything but a journeyman, seemed a very condescending post

J-C
26-05-2018, 10:16 AM

The word journey is a huge clue

Keith_M
26-05-2018, 10:18 AM

I'm sure he didn't mean it like that.

I got the impression he was trying to say Lewis is a very decent club level player but not quite an international.

But it might just be because I'm in a charitable mood :wink:

Allant1981
26-05-2018, 10:59 AM
The word journey is a huge clue

journeymen footballers are guys who have played for various clubs through the years to make a living, stevenson is hardly that

One Day
26-05-2018, 02:35 PM
He does. I’ve never wanted someone to get a cap so badly.

I know what you mean. Would be great for a good honest loyal professional to be rewarded with a cap

A Hi-Bee
26-05-2018, 02:38 PM
A cap would be a great addition to Lewis well earned medal collection:not worth

Absolutely and he may well end up with two, great result for all his time at the top in the game.

Caversham Green
26-05-2018, 03:13 PM

:nerd: The original definition of a journeyman is a qualified tradesman who is competent but not exceptional. Probably not an unreasonable description of Lewis or indeed most other Scottish footballers who aren't rubbish. Nothing to do with travelling.

Peevemor
26-05-2018, 04:06 PM
:nerd: The original definition of a journeyman is a qualified tradesman who is competent but not exceptional. Probably not an unreasonable description of Lewis or indeed most other Scottish footballers who aren't rubbish. Nothing to do with travelling.Journeymen were originally skilled, qualified craftsmen who were permitted by the relevant guild to call themselves a carpenter, blacksmith, or whatever. Master craftsmen could be self employed and employ people but journeyman couldn't. They were always employees and were paid by the day hence the name (journée being French for day). The modern usage of journeyman implies somebody who is competent at what they do and has worked for many different employers. For me the description doesn't work for Lewis.

J-C
26-05-2018, 07:27 PM
journeymen footballers are guys who have played for various clubs through the years to make a living, stevenson is hardly that

I was agreeing with you, why I pointed out the word journey as a reference.

Bristolhibby
26-05-2018, 07:33 PM
So we all agree that the word journeyman doesn’t work for Lewy.

We all know what the poster was meaning. “A decent player, but never thought of as an internationalist”.

Really hope he gets a cap.

J

Allant1981
26-05-2018, 09:33 PM
I was agreeing with you, why I pointed out the word journey as a reference.

sorry picked you up wrong

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2018, 07:06 AM
Very opposite of a journeyman. He’s not been anywhere else?

Very well. A journeyman who was stationary.

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2018, 07:09 AM
:nerd: The original definition of a journeyman is a qualified tradesman who is competent but not exceptional. Probably not an unreasonable description of Lewis or indeed most other Scottish footballers who aren't rubbish. Nothing to do with travelling.

This was what I was driving at. Was not intending to insult LS legend/get rid of (delete to taste - all been said tediously over the years) but just offering perspective on his career. (Potential world beater/potential abject failure/actual decent full back.)

28-05-2018, 09:46 PM
McLeish saying Lewis has done well in training and is likely to start.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/16254639.Hibernian_left_back_Lewis_Stevenson_set_t o_cap_stunning_season_by_making_Scotland_debut_aga inst_Peru/

Good luck Lewis, have a good game. Whip in a few of those killer crosses you've been doing lately.

AugustaHibs
28-05-2018, 09:47 PM

http://Hibernian_left_back_Lewis_Stevenson_set_to_cap_stu nning_season_by_making_Scotland_debut_against_Peru

Good luck Lewis, have a good game. Whip in a few of those killer crosses you've been doing lately.

Link doesn’t work

28-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Link doesn’t work

Checked it as soon as I posted and then edited it. You were too quick for me though, try it again and it should work okay now.

jacomo
29-05-2018, 05:03 AM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/16254639.Hibernian_left_back_Lewis_Stevenson_set_t o_cap_stunning_season_by_making_Scotland_debut_aga inst_Peru/

It would be beyond pointless to give a debut cap to a 30 year old for a friendly and not play him.

GreenLake
29-05-2018, 05:35 AM
Lewis Stevenson is not my favorite Hibs player ever but he is one of my favorites in the last decade. I am absolutely delighted he gets to travel with the squad and I hope he gets to play. I think he will score.

Stevenson's is going to be my first new season Hibs shirt.