PDA

View Full Version : Villa fans tonight

renato
15-05-2018, 08:57 PM
I see there was yet another English play off pitch invasion tonight, as there has been for years and years. I await the condemnation from all media outlets down there, followed by a swift and scathing statement from Boro.

It was pretty disgusting seeing all those happy faces and all the brutal non attacking of Boro players. Worst scenes I’ve seen since, well, last season’s playoffs.

:greengrin

IGRIGI
15-05-2018, 09:05 PM
I'll wait to hear Lee Wallace's take on things before commenting.

gillythehibby
15-05-2018, 09:05 PM
I see there was yet another English play off pitch invasion tonight, as there has been for years and years. I await the condemnation from all media outlets down there, followed by a swift and scathing statement from Boro.

It was pretty disgusting seeing all those happy faces and all the brutal non attacking of Boro players. Worst scenes I’ve seen since, well, last season’s playoffs.

It was just over exuberance 😁🇳🇬

renato
15-05-2018, 09:07 PM
I mean, the pundits in the studio probably mentioned it about 0 times. Disgraceful scenes.

Itsnoteasy
15-05-2018, 09:16 PM
But you have people on .net moaning that there were a few kids on the pitch on Sunday, celebrating 4th.

Stax
15-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Funnily enough the same happened at Fulham last night. The common denominator was the losing fans didn’t feel the need to join in the exuberance on the pitch...

The_Horde
15-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Never understood the need to pitch invade but particularly in this case when your team really hasn't won anything yet.

banchoryhibs
15-05-2018, 09:29 PM
For goodness sake where were the police horses? Not one to be seen.......just not good enough....

Bostonhibby
15-05-2018, 09:30 PM
It's clear that the problem with Scottish cup supporters and the followers of West of Scotland FC has not been nipped in the bud and is now an epidemic and out of control.

No one listened when the Daily Record fearlessly exposed these dangerous groups as a result of their coverage of the 2016 Scottish cup final.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
15-05-2018, 09:39 PM
It was obvious that the vast majority of Villa fans were unhappy with the pitch invaders. They were booong loudly as the players were forced off the pitch. Also loud chants of ‘where were you when we were ****?’ aimed at those on the pitch.

monktonharp
15-05-2018, 09:46 PM
But you have people on .net moaning that there were a few kids on the pitch on Sunday, celebrating 4th.I noticed that. some of those wayward children should be sent straight to the jaggy jersey hame. disgraceful:cb

monktonharp
15-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Never understood the need to pitch invade but particularly in this case when your team really hasn't won anything yet.:rolleyes:

renato
15-05-2018, 09:58 PM
It was obvious that the vast majority of Villa fans were unhappy with the pitch invaders. They were booong loudly as the players were forced off the pitch. Also loud chants of ‘where were you when we were ****?’ aimed at those on the pitch.

They were certainly more unhappy than Sky were, that’s for sure.

Mibbes Aye
15-05-2018, 10:47 PM

I'm sure there was a pitch invasion when they beat Inter in a penalty shoot-out after a 1-1 draw over two legs in the UEFA Cup in the mid-nineties.

The game was memorable because Villa were a goal down from the first leg and their support booed literally every touch by Inter from start to finish, IIRC.

Regardless, it's despicable behaviour and any Rankgers fans who entered the pitch that day would only have been acting in self-defence :agree:

poolman
16-05-2018, 12:09 AM

Never saw it but didn't the Boro fans run on the pitch as well after being severely provoked ?

Mixu62
16-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Never saw it but didn't the Boro fans run on the pitch as well after being severely provoked ?

Was there ear-cupping? Disgusting!

JJP
16-05-2018, 12:44 AM
Maybe they didn't cross the halfway line. That would make it okay wouldn't it!? :rolleyes:

monktonharp
16-05-2018, 02:14 AM
Maybe they didn't cross the halfway line. That would make it okay wouldn't it!? :rolleyes: I take the view that had the Security/police done their job, no one would cross the halfway line. Instead of gearing up for going to some other ground , from a match that wisnae finished!!

renato
16-05-2018, 07:02 AM

Only if they were needing to bravely defend the players from the evil Villa hooligans, who launched themselves on to the pitch with their partners and children, with their threatening smiles and joy.

Traumatised :greengrin

lyonhibs
16-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Tbh, I don't quite get the point of a pitch invasion after a semi final win, especially such a ***** game.

renato
16-05-2018, 07:27 AM
Tbh, I don't quite get the point of a pitch invasion after a semi final win, especially such a ***** game.

Indeed, it was not exactly winning a cup or anywhere even remotely close to the circumstances we had, yet, they did it and no fuss was made, no media outrage and no hastily worded club statements..

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2018, 07:37 AM
Did Boro fans run on and start fighting them? Not really the same thing then.

SChibs
16-05-2018, 07:40 AM
I think it's more of a tradition these days for the playoffs so pretty much every playoff semi win or game that seals promotion has a pitch invasion. It's a bit of fun so people want to have their chance to do it

PatHead
16-05-2018, 07:52 AM
For goodness sake where were the police horses? Not one to be seen.......just not good enough....

Probably at Ibrox looking for any wayward Hobs fans

Keith_M
16-05-2018, 01:19 PM
It's a good job they weren't playing Sour Grapes FC, or there would have been 11 injured opposition players and endless press statements of condemnation.

The Baldmans Comb
16-05-2018, 01:50 PM
While appreciating all the amusing and pertinent comments I really couldn't care in the slightest how the English football authorities/police and media react to pitch invasions.

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2018, 02:20 PM
While appreciating all the amusing and pertinent comments I really couldn't care in the slightest how the English football authorities/police and media react to pitch invasions.

Thanks for telling us that.

AngloHibs
16-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Boro are my local team. Fans ran onto the pitch at the end of the final league game against Millwall, and there have been repercussions for the club.
They have had to put up extra railings across the front rows of seats, and they must improve security and explain to the League the steps they are taking to prevent a repeat occurrence. These steps must be acceptable to the League, and there will be more severe repercussions, including a fine, if there is any repeat.
I'm not having a go at anyone, but it's simply not true to suggest that only Hibs get pulled up for stuff like this. The events at the Cup Final were simply higher profile.

Keith_M
16-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Boro are my local team. Fans ran onto the pitch at the end of the final league game against Millwall, and there have been repercussions for the club.
They have had to put up extra railings across the front rows of seats, and they must improve security and explain to the League the steps they are taking to prevent a repeat occurrence. These steps must be acceptable to the League, and there will be more severe repercussions, including a fine, if there is any repeat.
I'm not having a go at anyone, but it's simply not true to suggest that only Hibs get pulled up for stuff like this. The events at the Cup Final were simply higher profile.

You must admit, though, it's quite rare.

It's not the 80s any more, so pitch invasions are generally not so bad.

AngloHibs
16-05-2018, 07:16 PM
You must admit, though, it's quite rare.

It's not the 80s any more, so pitch invasions are generally not so bad.
The thing is, it wasn't against the law in the 80s, but it is now.
My guess is that something will probably happen whenever there is a significant pitch invasion, although it won't normally be reported beyond the local media.
I've just read that Bayern Munich have been charged by UEFA because of a pitch invasion (and an offensive banner) at their Champions League Semi Final.