PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

HAZ2000
15-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Think it may have been posted previously but Slivka is going to be huge for us next season. Especially with the possibility of our midfield 3 moving on. A run of games for Slivka and I think he will prove many doubters wrong.

jeffers
15-05-2018, 04:02 PM
I really like him as a player, looks like he could be the goal scoring midfielder we've been crying out for. But I'd like to see him get a run more centrally.

leither17
15-05-2018, 04:05 PM
His Instagram story is good today as well

ballengeich
15-05-2018, 04:20 PM
There's certainly an opportunity for him and on Sunday I got the feeling he could take it.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Was told when we signed him, that he was McGinn’s replacement in the team
Not a like for like player, but an important player in the Hibs midfield

Smartie
15-05-2018, 04:55 PM
His biggest problem is going to be that he isn't John McGinn.

The bar is currently pretty high in terms of what we expect of a Hibs midfielder. Slivka's been injured and when he's been selected he's done well enough - he just hasn't been quite good enough to dislodge McGinn, McGeouch or Allan.

He definitely deserves his opportunity to stake a claim though, and I think he could be a good player for us.

Elephant Stone
15-05-2018, 04:59 PM
It's good that he brings height to the midfield without sacrificing skill or agility - he has tonnes of that for someone at 6 foot 3. He's already scored with his head against Celtic and had an assist with his head against Rangers, definitely brings something new to the team and I'm looking forward to seeing a whole lot more of him.

Jumbo
15-05-2018, 04:59 PM
His Instagram story is good today as well

Sunshine on Leith in rainy Lithuania 👍

TelaStella
15-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Good to see a lot of positivity on here about the big man because some of the stick he’s received can be quite unfair at times. He’s always impressed me when I’ve seen him and it’ll be exciting to see him again next season in hopefully a more central and important role. Had a wee look over at his insta story as well, fantastic! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
15-05-2018, 05:15 PM
The good thing i've noticed this season is that no matter who is missing from the midfield be it Allen or any other the team still seems to retain the passing movements regardless of who plays.

IGRIGI
15-05-2018, 05:16 PM
I think we'd be looking good in the midfield if we could have Allan Mallan and Slivka in there with Swanson and Bartley providing the necessary options when required, not forgetting Boyle on the wing.

ChicoM1875
15-05-2018, 05:17 PM
Can whip in a great cross. He also makes runs into the box which McGinn doesn't really do often.

CorrieHibs
15-05-2018, 05:36 PM
I really rate Slivka. Think he’ll be a huge player for us next season.

Had a good game on Sunday.

Captain Trips
15-05-2018, 05:49 PM
I have high hopes for Slivka.

jacomo
15-05-2018, 06:07 PM
I really rate Slivka. Think he’ll be a huge player for us next season.

Had a good game on Sunday.

He is a bit different to SJM but with regular game time in the middle of the park the think he could be just as effective.

AgentDaleCooper
15-05-2018, 06:11 PM
He strikes me as a player in the mould of paul hartley when he was at hearts...without being an ********, that is :aok:

AgentDaleCooper
15-05-2018, 06:12 PM
I think we'd be looking good in the midfield if we could have Allan Mallan and Slivka in there with Swanson and Bartley providing the necessary options when required, not forgetting Boyle on the wing.

And whittaker at DCM. His best position IMO

ian cruise
15-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Slivka is class, next season we'll get to see the real player. Maybe not the same as McGinn but this time next year we'll be talking about him being just as influential.

keep the faith
15-05-2018, 07:04 PM
And whittaker at DCM. His best position IMO

If we want to go forward then Whittaker is surely no more than a squad player.

Smartie
15-05-2018, 07:11 PM
If we want to go forward then Whittaker is surely no more than a squad player.

I think Whittaker is good enough to play a big role against most teams in the league, but I wouldn't play him in midfield in the really frantic games against the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen.

Tbh I think his touch and composure could be very useful at home to bottom 6 teams.

Hi Heid Yin
15-05-2018, 07:25 PM
I remain on the fence re Slivka and keep my fingers crossed that he becomes the player so many others think he is or can be.
For me, based on his limited game time and fleeting performances, he is a good squad player and someone who can do an okay job as back up.
To be fair to him (injuries aside) he has been up against McGinn, McGeouch and Allan...probably the strongest midfield on its day in Scottish football
I watch his progress with interest and, like I say, I hope he fulfills the potential that so many appear to see in him.

Ryan69
15-05-2018, 08:31 PM
You dont get on the books of Juventus if you cant play football.

Hi Heid Yin
15-05-2018, 08:40 PM

Many a player has been on the books of a Big Club and ended up playing in the lower leagues, or even drifted out of the game altogether.
Slivka, undoubtedly, is technically gifted, but he has been unable to displace our 3 midfield giants over the course of a season and become a first team regular starter. This is why I remain, like I say, on the fence.

bingo70
15-05-2018, 08:41 PM

I like Slivka but not sure your statement is true.

The big clubs hoover up hundreds of players from all over Europe in the hope that 1 might make it.

J-C
15-05-2018, 08:49 PM
Many a player has been on the books of a Big Club and ended up playing in the lower leagues, or even drifted out of the game altogether.
Slivka, undoubtedly, is technically gifted, but he has been unable to displace our 3 midfield giants over the course of a season and become a first team regular starter. This is why I remain, like I say, on the fence.

He was a regular internationalist when he was at Juventus, obviously not a regular there but good enough to be on their books, I think signing for Juve whether he makes it there or not shows he's better than most in this league, so it didn't work out for him there but easily good enough for us.

Hi Heid Yin
15-05-2018, 08:59 PM
He was a regular internationalist when he was at Juventus, obviously not a regular there but good enough to be on their books, I think signing for Juve whether he makes it there or not shows he's better than most in this league, so it didn't work out for him there but easily good enough for us.

Neil Lennon will know better than any of us whether Slivka is good enough to command a regular starting place in our side.

J-C
15-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Neil Lennon will know better than any of us whether Slivka is good enough to command a regular starting place in our side.

Agreed, he's been unlucky with a few wee niggly injuries and the form of McGinn and Dylan has kept him on the bench, plus some players take longer to adjust to a new club and country, hopefully we'll see the best of him nest season.

Hi Heid Yin
15-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Agreed, he's been unlucky with a few wee niggly injuries and the form of McGinn and Dylan has kept him on the bench, plus some players take longer to adjust to a new club and country, hopefully we'll see the best of him nest season.

:agree::agree:

KinchHibee
15-05-2018, 10:16 PM
I actually reckon he is more likely to fill the hole left by Dylan next season. He's great with the ball at his feet and has the size and strength to hold onto the ball.

Might take away some of his attacking threat playing him so deep but i think he has the skills to do that role well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-05-2018, 10:24 PM
Most likely that he was brought in as a replacement rather than a immediate first team pick. Guess that the close season will show who he is the replacement for.

Mibbes Aye
15-05-2018, 10:36 PM
For me, he looks more comfortable playing a lot higher up the pitch than Dylan or SJM. I think he could run some teams ragged with his technique and eye for goal.

If we play a similar formation as to what we've done this season then he will have to drop back a bit more if Allan stays, because Allan is playing high or drifting left and if Slivka is high there will be a massive space behind them.

Ryan69
16-05-2018, 05:21 AM
I like Slivka but not sure your statement is true.

The big clubs hoover up hundreds of players from all over Europe in the hope that 1 might make it.

When their teenagers thats right.
Slivka is 22(I think),so they must of saw something in him.

Allant1981
16-05-2018, 06:07 AM
When their teenagers thats right.
Slivka is 22(I think),so they must of saw something in him.

think he was only 18 when they signed him

snooky
16-05-2018, 08:45 AM
Was told when we signed him, that he was McGinn’s replacement in the team
Not a like for like player, but an important player in the Hibs midfield

Almost impossible to get like for like on the park. Similar to similar is as good as it goes. The secret is to play players in positions that show up their strengths instead of their weaknesses.