PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Kids Day Out

LustForLeith
14-05-2018, 08:04 PM
I waited with my son and nephew after yeaterdays game as they wanted to get their Hibs tips signed by players and it got me thinking.

I remember when I was a kid there was Hibs Kids days. You’d go along to Easter Road, get a tour of the stadium and watch the first team players train. Then there would be a chance to meet the players and get stuff signed.

I take it there’s nothing like that now? Would be a great chance for youngsters to get close to the players, maybe even at the start of the season when new players are being unveiled. Throw it open to Hibs Kids and it’s a great way to promote the membership.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 08:32 PM
I waited with my son and nephew after yeaterdays game as they wanted to get their Hibs tips signed by players and it got me thinking.

I remember when I was a kid there was Hibs Kids days. You’d go along to Easter Road, get a tour of the stadium and watch the first team players train. Then there would be a chance to meet the players and get stuff signed.

I take it there’s nothing like that now? Would be a great chance for youngsters to get close to the players, maybe even at the start of the season when new players are being unveiled. Throw it open to Hibs Kids and it’s a great way to promote the membership.

I remember there used to be an open day training session. A number of years back. Think this has been long gone for 10 years or so. But get your point, was great for the kids

Nakedmanoncrack
14-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Always enjoyed the open-days as a youngster :agree:

14-05-2018, 08:39 PM
The open days were great when I was a kid. They would open the stadium, let you watch the players do a bit of training then there was special slots you could get the play on the pitch. The players would come over for photos and autographs. Great thing for the young ones, shame they got rid of it. As I mentioned on another thread earlier, nows a great time to be a hibs fan, theres a great buzz around the club, we've got a good team and manager, we've had a successful season and the footballs been brilliant. Great time to be getting the next generation of hibs fans involved and interested in the club. We should be pulling out all the stops to get these kind of things. The Hibs Kids is brilliant and I know they do put on Xmas parties and events but definatly worth re-considering doing the open stadium hibs kids day again.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-05-2018, 08:44 PM
The open days were great when I was a kid. They would open the stadium, let you watch the players do a bit of training then there was special slots you could get the play on the pitch. The players would come over for photos and autographs. Great thing for the young ones, shame they got rid of it. As I mentioned on another thread earlier, nows a great time to be a hibs fan, theres a great buzz around the club, we've got a good team and manager, we've had a successful season and the footballs been brilliant. Great time to be getting the next generation of hibs fans involved and interested in the club. We should be pulling out all the stops to get these kind of things. The Hibs Kids is brilliant and I know they do put on Xmas parties and events but definatly worth re-considering doing the open stadium hibs kids day again.

I'm sure the Hibs Kids Panto has also fell by the way.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 08:46 PM
I'm sure the Hibs Kids Panto has also fell by the way.

Wonder how many Hibs Kids we have nowadays, verses previous years?

Nakedmanoncrack
14-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Wonder how many Hibs Kids we have nowadays, verses previous years?

More I'd imagine, but it was always quite big, a few thousand.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 08:50 PM
More I'd imagine, but it was always quite big, a few thousand.

Don’t think it will be. Our season ticket holders numbers are much bigger now
Bit back to the OP/ yourself, we do seem to have cut back on Hibs Kids things, for whatever reason!

EH6 Hibby
15-05-2018, 01:35 AM

I think the kids that do the holiday camps at East Mains get to meet the players, my son always did anyway, he’s nearly 14 though so hasn’t been in about 3 years.

lord bunberry
15-05-2018, 02:05 AM
Don’t think it will be. Our season ticket holders numbers are much bigger now
Bit back to the OP/ yourself, we do seem to have cut back on Hibs Kids things, for whatever reason!
If you buy a child season ticket, the child is automatically signed up for the hibs kids.