PDA

View Full Version : If you could keep only one loanee at ER next season who would it be?

G B Young
14-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Overall I'd probably opt for Scott Allan as I think he was the driving force behind our second half of the season surge, but it's hard to rule out Kamberi who looks a top, top player. I also REALLY like Barker and think he has bags of potential to improve massively. Maclaren has proved to be a great wee poacher and again, under Lennon, he would only get better.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Kamberi but it's very hard to choose.

PS - You forgot Faycal Rherras. :wink:

greenginger
14-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Kamberi, not had a forward like him in a long time.

Lendo
14-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Went with Flo, but really I don't want any of them to leave. Love this current squad.

hibee_girl
14-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Kamberi

Beefster
14-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Scott Allan. Can I not choose four though?!

TheGreenMan
14-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Kamberi 14 apps (9 goals)
Maclaren 15 apps (8 goals)

I really hope we can keep these two. They'd both be pushing 20 goals if we had them for the full season.

*Stats from Wikipedia so not sure if 100% correct*

Edit - if only 1 then got to be Flo

JeMeSouviens
14-05-2018, 11:29 AM
1. Flo
2. Allan
3. McLaren
4. Barker

... but they're all worth keeping.

Curried
14-05-2018, 11:33 AM
Kamberi. Just the most complete forward we've had in my time watching Hibs.
Superb work rate and physical presence, but also has the technical skills and shooting ability to take it to the highest levels in the game.

G B Young
14-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Kamberi. Just the most complete forward we've had in my time watching Hibs.
Superb work rate and physical presence, but also has the technical skills and shooting ability to take it to the highest levels in the game.

He's also a guy who could potentially bring us a mighty fine transfer fee were he to continue to perform the way he's been doing. I'd be very surprised if we aren't doing everything possible to sign him up.

If we can keep Scott Allan, I'd hope he might be a player who would stay at ER for years to come after realising the error of his ways when he left us too hastily last time round.

MrSmith
14-05-2018, 11:44 AM
1. Flo
2. Allan
3. McLaren
4. Barker

Yes! I'm being optimistic too :D

aljo7-0
14-05-2018, 11:46 AM
I voted Kamberi but could happily have any of them back and was almost picking Scott Allan.

G B Young
14-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Kamberi but it's very hard to choose.

PS - You forgot Faycal Rherras. :wink:

Indeed. Completely forgot about him. What became of him? Did he turn out for the development squad to get some game time or has his loan spell simply passed by all but unnoticed?

WeeRussell
14-05-2018, 11:51 AM
I'd like all 4 please. Kamberi in particular up top, and if more improvement to come from Barker he could be some asset.

However, Allan would be up there with my picks to keep from our whole squad. Different class.

G B Young
14-05-2018, 12:02 PM
I'd like all 4 please. Kamberi in particular up top, and if more improvement to come from Barker he could be some asset.

However, Allan would be up there with my picks to keep from our whole squad. Different class.

Agreed. With Dylan away and McGinn likely to go, the three players I'd most like to keep out of those whose future is up for grabs would be Allan, Kamberi and Barker.

My_Wife_Camille
14-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Both for me :agree:

Stranraer
14-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Allan for me, he has been outstanding recently.

Brightside
14-05-2018, 12:11 PM
2 of them wont be loanees next season. Unless there is a major change.

Hibeewilly
14-05-2018, 12:12 PM
1. Flo
2. Allan
3. McLaren
4. Barker

I think we'll keep them all..........no info......just a gut feeling

WeeRussell
14-05-2018, 12:14 PM
I think we'll keep them all..........no info......just a gut feeling

I think we'll be doing damn well to keep half of them.

ChooseLife
14-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Kamberi and Alan for sure.

I'd really go for trying to get McClaren too, I don't think Kamberi would be as effective without him, they play at their best together.

Fergus52
14-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Couldn't vote, too tough to choose between Kamberi and Allan.

Don't want to jynx it either :greengrin

we are hibs
14-05-2018, 12:38 PM
How old is Kamberi? If he signs we should be doing all we can do make it a decent length of contract. Last thing we want is a 2 year deal, he bangs in the goals but we are forced to move him on to get a decent fee; but less than what we'd get if we was contracted anther year.

MacLaren has grew on me massively as time has went on. Wasn't so sure at first but he, Scott Allan and Kamberi link up so well.

Scott Allan is Scott Allan. You know what your going to get. But what's impressed me is that the first time he was here he was labelled lazy and wouldn't help the midfield/defence out by tracking back. But second time round his work ethic has been brilliant at times. I think he realised he had a point to prove and had making up to do and has done it.

Barker is a great talent with so much potential if he can find a consistent final ball. He's naturally compared to Boyle and Sproule because of his pace but he's different as in he can slow down and beat a man rather than just burning past them. Boyle struggled with his final ball for a couple of years but has came on leaps and bounds and has now started to put in some brilliant crosses. Alright he still fluffs a few but he's massively improved.

If I had to pick one it'd be Kamberi because I don't think I've quite ever seen such a complete striker at hibs. He has pace, good touch, physically strong, skillfull and can finish.

Speedy
14-05-2018, 12:42 PM
1. Flo
2. Allan
3. McLaren
4. Barker

Agree 100%

Lancs Harp
14-05-2018, 09:13 PM
I voted for Scotty, but lets face it they were four pretty decent loan signings.

snooky
14-05-2018, 09:15 PM
1. Flo
2. Allan
3. McLaren
4. Barker

1. Allan
2. Flo
3. Barker
4. McLaren

... ditto re all worth keeping

Mick O'Rourke
14-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Decisions ! decisions !
How good have they all been for the team.
It was a bit of eeny meeny miny moe.
Then went for Kamberi.(close one wae Scott)

Maybe not as stylish and silky, but he reminds me a wee bit of the late great Alan Gordon:not worth

Now can we get a "wee fat barrel" to partner Flo?!:greengrin

Thats hoping he signs,of course

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2018, 10:47 AM

Phil MaGlass
20-05-2018, 11:58 AM
John McGinn

frazeHFC
20-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Over the years we've had so many loans that have been useless, but lately they've been brilliant. Went for Kamberi but it was tight, would love them all back.

Tornadoes70
20-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Barker when fit and in form was brilliant to watch and even then I don't think we've seen the best of this young flying machine who if progresses to his full potential will be awesome. Very tough choice to opt for only one out of the four who've all contributed to the club. Could have voted for any of them but I especially love watching Barker when he's been fit and in form.

Mon the Cabbage!!!