PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Mcgeoch

Pages : [1] 2

LNHibs
13-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Thank you for a brilliant four years, wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

LEGEND

Jim44
13-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Lennon said that he was really emotional after the game. Still time to change your mind, Dylan.

hibee_girl
13-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Lennon said that he was really emotional after the game. Still time to change your mind, Dylan.

He looked really sad during the lap of honour, like he doesn't really want to go.

Nevi_SOL
13-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Dylan if you sign no hard feelings.
If not thank you for being the beating heart of our turn around as a club.

LEGEND

Carheenlea
13-05-2018, 04:01 PM
He looked really sad during the lap of honour, like he doesn't really want to go.

Yes, he looked like he was struggling to keep his emotions in check and had the look of someone who doesn’t really want to go, but by same token can’t really turn down the offers from suitors with considerably deeper pockets than ours.

The Spaceman
13-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Thank you Dylan. You leave a Scottish Cup winning legend after what has been one of my most enjoyable seasons ever supporting Hibs.

Very best of luck to you with the rest of your career - always welcome back.

guthrie01
13-05-2018, 04:14 PM
If McGinn goes too, we could be left with only 6 players from the cup squad :boo hoo:

ancient hibee
13-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Thank you for a brilliant four years, wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

LEGEND
I always hoped he’d stay long no enough for Hibs fans to learn how to spell his name.

SlickShoes
13-05-2018, 04:18 PM
I suspect he would love to stay but based on his injury history and how short a career football is anyway he has to take any chance he gets to make a significant chunk of money.

He will always be a hibs legend and there are no hard feelings toward him for leaving, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Jack Hackett
13-05-2018, 04:19 PM
:not worth:not worth:not worth

Thanks, Dylan.

jakedance
13-05-2018, 04:19 PM
He was different class today. Assuming he’s away south I hope he does really well. He’s been at a different level the second half of this season.

emerald green
13-05-2018, 04:30 PM
Dylan will be a hard act to follow. It's a pity we couldn't afford to keep him for another season at least, but I suppose we can't. Money talks.

I just hope he goes to a decent club and not one in the Weege.

Stantons Angel
13-05-2018, 04:31 PM
he was just holding it together on that lap of honour, he will be sad to go and maybe should have given us another season.

Hes a lovely wee player who has given us joy all season.

i wish him all the very best where ever he goes and thank him for the memories!

truehibernian
13-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Leaves Hibs with a Scottish Cup winners medal, Scottish Championship winners medal, two ‘Player of the Year’ awards, an International call-up, the team finishing with a record points haul, and the whole supports thanks and best wishes for his terrific effort.

Now that’s not a bad 4 year stint at Hibernian at all !

All the very best Dylan.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 04:36 PM
He was different class today. Assuming he’s away south I hope he does really well. He’s been at a different level the second half of this season.

I know this is a thread to praise his time at Hibs, fair enough, but absolutely no way was he different class today. Alongside SJM, he was very poor today. It is a shame that both may be away after today on the back of those performances.

Springbank
13-05-2018, 04:44 PM
I suspect we might see Dylan back some day,in some shape or form.

Fantastic footballer, great individual, a key member of the Time For Heroes XI that won the Holy Grail on 21.5.2016

Well done Dylan, good luck, and if you can add goals to your game you'll end up earning 10 times what Blackburn are already getting you for...

One of my favourite Hibees of all time. Good luck fella

Albanian Hibs
13-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Leaves Hibs with a Scottish Cup winners medal, Scottish Championship winners medal, two ‘Player of the Year’ awards, an International call-up, the team finishing with a record points haul, and the whole supports thanks and best wishes for his terrific effort.

Now that’s not a bad 4 year stint at Hibernian at all !

All the very best Dylan.

This.

Hedlund12
13-05-2018, 05:12 PM
I was a wee bit emot... hope to see Dylan back with us at some point in the future. A joy to watch.

calumhibee1
13-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Thank you Dylan.

jakedance
13-05-2018, 05:17 PM
I know this is a thread to praise his time at Hibs, fair enough, but absolutely no way was he different class today. Alongside SJM, he was very poor today. It is a shame that both may be away after today on the back of those performances.

Opinions eh? I thought he played well. I agree about SJM though.

K.Marx
13-05-2018, 05:42 PM
It’s great to see players who had no previous affiliation to hibs clearly be so attached to the club. He’ll be sorely missed but I hope he has a great remaining career down south and show what he’s capable of.

O'Rourke3
13-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Been a pleasure to watch him. All the best Dylan.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Opinions eh? I thought he played well. I agree about SJM though.

True and it would be boring if we all thought the same way, but I thought he never got going today and gave the ball away quite a few times. SJM was much the same as he was in midweek, failed to exert any influence in either game.

RossScott1991
13-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Is there any interviews with Dylan’s ? Just seeing ones with lennon Allan etc, would really like to hear something from him to summarise his time at club.

andybev1
13-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Kind of glad now that it came out that he was defo leaving as it gave him a chance to say cheerio in a proper way and way we were able to say we appreciated him.

Bostonhibby
13-05-2018, 06:26 PM
A great footballer in the Hibs tradition. Enjoyed watching him enormously. Good luck with the rest of your career just don't end up at the sheep or the hun beasts.

Haste ye back.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Newcastlehibby
13-05-2018, 06:29 PM
I always hoped he’d stay long no enough for Hibs fans to learn how to spell his name.

Leeann too!

JimBHibees
13-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Absolutely fantastic footballer to watch. Great servant for the club. Thanks and best wishes Dylan. :not worth

Bishop Hibee
13-05-2018, 06:31 PM
He’s been superb for us this season. Cup winning hero. All the best in the future.

matty_f
13-05-2018, 06:34 PM
I thought he was excellent today. Goodbye and good luck Dylan, and thanks!

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 06:34 PM
When he came across to where we were sitting at the end , i could feel myself welling up, not felt like that since Sauzee's farewell afternoon. :boo hoo:

Argylehibby
13-05-2018, 06:35 PM

Not sure what game you were at but if you thought Dylan didn't play well today it wasn't the one I was at.

3pm
13-05-2018, 06:37 PM
When he came across to where we were sitting at the end , i could feel myself welling up, not felt like that since Sauzee's farewell afternoon. :boo hoo:

Yep.

He is obviously struggling with his emotions too so it seems a good time to offer him a 5 year deal on £400 a week! 😂

jeffers
13-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Not sure what game you were at but if you thought Dylan didn't play well today it wasn't the one I was at.

Same game quite a few folk sitting beside me were at. Your post just confirms what I've often thought when it comes to rating his performance, such is the adulation he gets even when he is poor some fans won't admit it because they think he is such a great footballer.

J-C
13-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Finally got himself truly fit and showed us exactly what he was about all season, annoyed he's away but I can understand why, football's a short career and we can never compete with teams like Blackburn or any other in the Championship, good luck to the wee guy and if it is Blackburn he's away to then we'll see him back pre season in Hanlon's testimonial game.

ancient hibee
13-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Don't think his performance today was up to his usual standard.He and McGinn were caught on the ball constantly.However he did have one of his rare shots and it would have been nice to sign off with a goal.

BSEJVT
13-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Good Luck Dylan

IMO the most consistent Hibs player on the books in his time with us

Will be a very hard act to follow

Since90+2
13-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Absolute legend. One of the reasons the club has rebounded to where it is now and we will always be grateful for it. Cheers Dyls.

bigwheel
13-05-2018, 07:00 PM
one of my favourite Hibs players of the last decade..absolute class act and a top class man too...wish him all the best - you could see he was quite emotional at the end - he is welcome back anytime he wants

Baader
13-05-2018, 07:02 PM
Super player. Fantastic to watch. A real footballer.

Cheers Dylan and all the best.

jacomo
13-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Does very poor mean something else in your language?

jeffers
13-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Does very poor mean something else in your language?

My language ? I speak English, so what is your point ?

Since90+2
13-05-2018, 07:30 PM

I'm honestly amazed anyone can watch that game today and think Dylan was poor. Genuinely amazed.

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 07:32 PM
I'm honestly amazed anyone can watch that game today and think Dylan was poor. Genuinely amazed.

some folk just dont know much about football it seems

Sir David Gray
13-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Gutted to be losing him.

Thanks for all your efforts Dylan, you are leaving as a Hibs legend and will never be forgotten.

You were part of a Hibs team that will be talked about for generations to come.

You played a part in giving me the best day of my life bar none and for that I'll be forever grateful.

Best of luck for the future, whatever you choose to do.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 07:34 PM

And I’m honestly amazed anyone can watch this game today and think he wasn’t. Genuinely amazed.

weecounty hibby
13-05-2018, 07:35 PM
I was greeting like a pussy when he came up to the FF we will miss him an he will miss us

jgl07
13-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Dylan has been great but has missed a hell of a lot of matches. Less this year in the ‘less physical’ Premiership than in the Championship. I really do fear for him if he goes into something like the English Championship or League One.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 07:36 PM
some folk just dont know much about football it seems

Aye OK Jose.

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Dylan has been great but has missed a hell of a lot of matches. Less this year in the ‘less physical’ Premiership than in the Championship. I really do fear for him if he goes into something like the English Championship or League One.

has he not played 30 odd games this season?

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Aye OK Jose.

if you think he was poor today you either know hee haw about the game or didnt actually watch it

Frazerbob
13-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Dylan was superb today. Pulled the strings and started just about every one of our many many attacks. Gutted he’s offski.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 07:42 PM
if you think he was poor today you either know hee haw about the game or didnt actually watch it

Exactly, a couple of misplaced passes, but he orchestrated everything for us today, we were let down by bad defending again today, which is unusual because in the main we have defended well for most of the season.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Yeah I wasn’t at the game and I imagined the guys who were sitting beside me who also thought he was poor. Out of interest how did you rate SJM ‘cos I thought he was poor too ?

Borderhibbie76
13-05-2018, 07:43 PM
When he came across to where we were sitting at the end , i could feel myself welling up, not felt like that since Sauzee's farewell afternoon. :boo hoo:Me too I was bubbling like a big bairn...Dylan you will be missed...welcome back anytime

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

J-C
13-05-2018, 07:45 PM
Exactly, a couple of misplaced passes, but he orchestrated everything for us today, we were let down by bad defending again today, which is unusual because in the main we have defended well for most of the season.

I think Lennon mentioned in his post match interview that the defending went out the window due to the gung ho all attacking style today, he didn't look too displeased with the team, he knew we had to go for it and it left us exposed.

Ryan69
Is it even guaranteed he is leaving?

He would be best to sign a new contract,play one season...and get his move.

stoneyburn hibs
Seeing him at the end just about keeping it together was morbidly nice. Clearly he has an affection for the club and is upset to be leaving. Great wee player who will be hugely missed. Good luck Dylan.

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Yeah I wasn’t at the game and I imagined the guys who were sitting beside me who also thought he was poor. Out of interest how did you rate SJM ‘cos I thought he was poor too ?

so they were talking rubbish as well then! mcginn wasnt great today and is in need of a break i think, i would actually have subbed him

jeffers
13-05-2018, 07:52 PM
so they were talking rubbish as well then! mcginn wasnt great today and is in need of a break i think, i would actually have subbed him

Amazing we were all sitting together then, what a strange coincidence. And we agree regarding McGinn so maybe we were at the same game after all.

gogsy23
13-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Good Luck Dylan

IMO the most consistent Hibs player on the books in his time with us

Will be a very hard act to follow

Totally agree. He is class and has shown that once injury free. Love his vision and composure and makes it look effortless

Paisley Hibby
13-05-2018, 07:57 PM
Really? I thought he was pretty good today - I agree SJM had a shocker though.

Newcastlehibby
13-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Amazing we were all sitting together then, what a strange coincidence. And we agree regarding McGinn so maybe we were at the same game after all.

I didn’t think he was poor but I did think he was often slow to decide who he should pass to which affected our forward momentum.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Really? I thought he was pretty good today - I agree SJM had a shocker though.
Yes I genuinely thought neither of them were at the races today. I was surprised both lasted the full match and Scott Allan was subbed (although I’m not sure if that was due today injury as he did need his wrist strapped up in the first half.)

jeffers
13-05-2018, 08:03 PM
I didn’t think he was poor but I did think he was often slow to decide who he should pass to which affected our forward momentum.
Do you mean SJM or McGeouch ?

Heisenberg
13-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Really sad to be seeing him leave. Nice to see he’s got an affection for the club and he leaves a club legend.

Noticed a few Aberdeen fans on social media getting excited about him going there. Hope that’s not true.

JJP
13-05-2018, 10:42 PM
One of my favourite ever Hibs players. It’s been a real pleasure watching him over the last few seasons. He will be missed at Easter Road but will always be one of our cup winning legends. Best of luck for the future and thanks for the memories Dylan.

Onion
13-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Amazing season and a real bonus given we had little expectation at the beginning. Played his last game like a real pro too, would have been easy for him (given his injury history) to go easy.

All the best.

Might see him back one day :wink:

jacomo
13-05-2018, 11:29 PM
One of my favourite ever Hibs players. It’s been a real pleasure watching him over the last few seasons. He will be missed at Easter Road but will always be one of our cup winning legends. Best of luck for the future and thanks for the memories Dylan.

:agree:

So great to see him play so often this season.

edinburghhibee
14-05-2018, 12:09 AM
Cheers for the memories Dylan!!!

I’m sure we will all support you in your career so long as it’s no up here in Scotland... because your better than the dons or the rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
14-05-2018, 12:12 AM
Dylan was by a mile player of the season this year. And he only got better as the season went on. Class act of a player that we'll struggle to replace. If the Blackburn chat is right I honestly hope he goes and tears the championship apart!! He is and always will be a Hibs legend. Thank you!

Newcastlehibby
14-05-2018, 07:13 AM
Do you mean SJM or McGeouch ?
Mcgeouch. Didn’t think sjm had his best game either, though his work and strength on the ball for McLaren’s second goal was top class.

BroxburnHibee
14-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Sorry to see him go but wish him all the best.

Just a bit suspicious as to why he hadn't signed a pre-contact with anyone.

Could it be his destination might upset us? Aberdeen or even Sevco? :shocked::paranoid:

Pretty Boy
14-05-2018, 08:00 AM
I remember when he signed there was a lot of moaning and disappointment. It was the window we had tried to get LG back on loan and when news started to filter we had a Celtic player on loan everyone got excited. There was more than a few people moaning it was an anti climax and I suppose at the time it was.

Didn't take long for him to win people round though. The number of games he missed has been exaggerated a bit but with almost a full season this year we have really seen the best of him. A fantastic footballer who understands the value of keeping it simple, retaining the ball and keeping a cool head.

He goes with my best wishes but looking at him yesterday if nothing is signed elsewhere I really wonder if one last go at him isn't worth a shot.

snooky
14-05-2018, 08:03 AM

Could it be his destination might upset us? Aberdeen or even Sevco? :shocked::paranoid:

If he's so upset at leaving Hibs (as he appears to be) he must have a big money move up his sleeve. Apart from Celtc, there's nobody will pay monster dosh up here. He must be heading south or abroad. Surprised it hasn't been leaked though.
I can't see him jumping into the unemployment abyss without having some favourable deal secured.

LancsHibs
14-05-2018, 08:39 AM

In a way I would be more upset if it was Aberdeen, As size of club, budget etc I see them as a main rivals, and a club we SHOULD NOT ever be losing our best players to unless Hibs wanted them to leave in order to replace

LancsHibs
14-05-2018, 08:40 AM
Dylan has had a fantastic season and I wish him all the best but I’m not going to give up hope of him staying until he officially signs for somebody🙏

SChibs
14-05-2018, 09:09 AM
Wouldn't rule out mcgeouch going abroad to be honest. The game in europe might actually suit him.

Souter96Mac
14-05-2018, 09:12 AM
A classy football player, who will be missed. But look forward to supporting him wherever he ends up. My best mate is a Blackburn fan, so will definitely get down to a game if he moves there. Leaves a cup legend, always welcome back.

Brightside
14-05-2018, 09:35 AM
We've donated his Sponsored shirt to Edinburgh Sick Kids. The boy is top class and will be huge loss for the team. He makes everything tick. Really gutted that he has decided to go elsewhere.

greenlex
14-05-2018, 09:42 AM
I remember when he signed there was a lot of moaning and disappointment. It was the window we had tried to get LG back on loan and when news started to filter we had a Celtic player on loan everyone got excited. There was more than a few people moaning it was an anti climax and I suppose at the time it was.

Didn't take long for him to win people round though. The number of games he missed has been exaggerated a bit but with almost a full season this year we have really seen the best of him. A fantastic footballer who understands the value of keeping it simple, retaining the ball and keeping a cool head.

He goes with my best wishes but looking at him yesterday if nothing is signed elsewhere I really wonder if one last go at him isn't worth a shot.
Interestingly when Henderson came on loan we were actually offered McGregor. Said naw we want Hendo.

14-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Bit emotional saying goodbye to him yesterday actually.

Thank you for everything Dylan, for being part of the team that gave me the greatest day of my life and of course who helped get this great club back where it belongs in the PL.

Legend :flag:

jodjam
14-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Same game quite a few folk sitting beside me were at. Your post just confirms what I've often thought when it comes to rating his performance, such is the adulation he gets even when he is poor some fans won't admit it because they think he is such a great footballer.

All right Jeff. As you know I wasnt there yesterday as started a long tour on Sunday but this thread has made me laugh. Its almost an exact example of the years we have sat together while Dylan has been here. Had some good chats about him. I love the guy and wish him every success. Hope you are well mate and see you in the west in August

Captain Trips
14-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Great player good luck to him but good luck to NL on finding a replacement. I am confident we will.

jeffers
14-05-2018, 06:03 PM
All right Jeff. As you know I wasnt there yesterday as started a long tour on Sunday but this thread has made me laugh. Its almost an exact example of the years we have sat together while Dylan has been here. Had some good chats about him. I love the guy and wish him every success. Hope you are well mate and see you in the west in August

Thanks Paul. I usually end up thinking about you when posting about him. I figured you were on a tour yesterday, you missed a cracker !

Definitely see you next season. Cheers mate.

ancient hibee
14-05-2018, 06:09 PM
In a way I would be more upset if it was Aberdeen, As size of club, budget etc I see them as a main rivals, and a club we SHOULD NOT ever be losing our best players to unless Hibs wanted them to leave in order to replace
Didn’t Aberdeen get £150K for McLean.That would go a good way towards a signing on fee for McGeouch.

14-05-2018, 06:13 PM
If he can keep himself fit, he's got a really promising career ahead both for club and country.

Keeping injury-free is the key though. He's not been as bad this season but before it must have been really frustrating for him not getting a long run of games together.

All the best Dylan :flag:

Spike Mandela
14-05-2018, 06:17 PM
My favourite memory of Dylan was those agonising couple of minutes after David Gray scored in the cup final,with Rangers on the attack he made a brilliant tackle just outside our 18 yard box stopping their attack in it’s tracks.

Since90+2
14-05-2018, 06:23 PM
If this article is correct then the clubs mentioned will be able to offer higher wages than anybody in Scotland outside Celtic:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-140518-fulham-brentford-qpr-hibernian-dylan-mcgeouch-interest

erin go bragh
14-05-2018, 06:40 PM

Ive heard he’s off to Blackburn. Great player but the wages in the championship is 10 to 20 times what we’re paying.

Stuart93
14-05-2018, 06:50 PM
If this article is correct then the clubs mentioned will be able to offer higher wages than anybody in Scotland outside Celtic:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-140518-fulham-brentford-qpr-hibernian-dylan-mcgeouch-interest

Of course they can

BlackSheep
14-05-2018, 06:57 PM

Interesting...

I did say Fulham a few weeks back on another thread but was shot down by a few. Who knows where he will end up but I can speculate it is more likely to be a London club. His girlfriend works at STV and they have a London office so if he is going to move anywhere it will likely have to involve her.

RossScott1991
14-05-2018, 07:28 PM
I'm disappointed theres been no interview or final words from him. Would have thought Hibs TV would have got a hold of him after game, it was nice to see him walk round. But id love to hear from the legend just to summarise his time at the club

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 07:48 PM

Thanks for sharing, London Based championship teams will always be able to pay much much more

Reading this, is Steve McClaren still trying to be a manager🤣

The Green Goblin
14-05-2018, 07:52 PM

I think the first part of your first post was right: this isn’t really the right thread for this, is it? Why not start a “Dylan was pish/overrated” thread or something?

The Green Goblin
14-05-2018, 07:53 PM
I thought SJM looked very emotional walking off as well.

CockneyRebel
14-05-2018, 08:02 PM

I really like Dylan but he certainly wasn't at his best today - got the feeling that the mask was affecting his peripheral vision.

jeffers
14-05-2018, 10:19 PM
I thought SJM looked very emotional walking off as well.

This is a Dylan McGeouch thread, maybe you should start a SJM looked emotional thread.

J-C
15-05-2018, 07:29 AM
This is a Dylan McGeouch thread, maybe you should start a SJM looked emotional thread.

Since when did threads stay on focus on this site, have you seen the Lennon thread on the PM board, 5 pages of people arguing about Petrie/STF and where the £500k repayments go.

jeffers
15-05-2018, 07:40 AM
Since when did threads stay on focus on this site, have you seen the Lennon thread on the PM board, 5 pages of people arguing about Petrie/STF and where the £500k repayments go.

They don't. Read the post I responded to.

ancient hibee
15-05-2018, 08:57 AM

Typical w*****s tosh that made me give up on the PM board.

flash
15-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Typical w*****s tosh that made me give up on the PM board.

We miss you there.

jimmythefish
15-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Interesting...

I did say Fulham a few weeks back on another thread but was shot down by a few. Who knows where he will end up but I can speculate it is more likely to be a London club. His girlfriend works at STV and they have a London office so if he is going to move anywhere it will likely have to involve her.
QPR interested apparently

J-C
15-05-2018, 10:38 AM
They don't. Read the post I responded to.
:aok:

ancient hibee
15-05-2018, 03:21 PM
We miss you there.
Flattery will in this case get you nowhere:greengrin

The Green Goblin
15-05-2018, 05:28 PM

Aye maybe I should. Then you can post on it all about how poor and overrated a footballer he is as well.

jeffers
15-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Aye maybe I should. Then you can post on it all about how poor and overrated a footballer he is as well.

Knock yourself out, but before you do worth noting:

I really rate SJM, one of my favourite players in recent years.
Never once did I say McGeouch was a poor player, in fact if you read any of my posts I've consistently said he was a talented player. But don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

The Green Goblin
16-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Knock yourself out, but before you do worth noting:

I really rate SJM, one of my favourite players in recent years.
Never once did I say McGeouch was a poor player, in fact if you read any of my posts I've consistently said he was a talented player. But don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

It wasn’t so much an argument as irritation in response to your comment on DM which just got to me a bit. It happens. I’m not in the business of falling out with folk on here and I don’t like to, and that includes you, so consider this post an olive branch. :aok: Have a great summer and I look forward to discussing all thing Hibs with you on here. Cheers.

jeffers
16-05-2018, 11:18 AM
It wasn’t so much an argument as irritation in response to your comment on DM which just got to me a bit. It happens. I’m not in the business of falling out with folk on here and I don’t like to, and that includes you, so consider this post an olive branch. :aok: Have a great summer and I look forward to discussing all thing Hibs with you on here. Cheers.

No worries. It would be boring if we all thought the same way.

Same to you GG, have a good one.

The Green Goblin
16-05-2018, 11:26 AM
No worries. It would be boring if we all thought the same way.

Same to you GG, have a good one.

Cheers. :aok:

Springbank
16-05-2018, 12:43 PM

Fulham would be a more sensible destination than Blackburn for Dylan

He's too pure a footballer for some of the Championship down there, where the attributes needed for success (see Callum Patterson) are very rarely a good touch and vision (a la McGeough), and very often height, strength, physical power and chronic facial hair (Patterson).

Lago
16-05-2018, 01:24 PM
Cheers. :aok:
That's nice all friends:greengrin

The Green Goblin
17-05-2018, 09:48 AM
That's nice all friends:greengrin

Yes it is. :greengrin

spike220
17-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Yes it is. :greengrin

I love it when new friendships blossom!!!

hibees 7062
18-05-2018, 10:45 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32946161_1782125358475087_7080489965276102656_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=c4030ae57e3a57f667b1f43c437e1e46&oe=5B7C2460

Hibbyradge
18-05-2018, 10:58 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32946161_1782125358475087_7080489965276102656_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=c4030ae57e3a57f667b1f43c437e1e46&oe=5B7C2460

Brill. 😢

Heisenberg
19-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Aberdeen have offered to make Dylan McGeouch their highest-paid player - should he agree a move to Pittodrie. Blackburn and QPR are also interested in the 25-year-old out of contract Hibernian midfielder. (Daily Express, print edition)

Would be gutted to see Dylan go there. Praying he goes down south.

Col2
19-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Aberdeen have offered to make Dylan McGeouch their highest-paid player - should he agree a move to Pittodrie. Blackburn and QPR are also interested in the 25-year-old out of contract Hibernian midfielder. (Daily Express, print edition)

Will be very angry if we lose out to the sheep. I know they pay more than us but we surely can pull together a deal that matches anything they can come up with? Understand we can’t match down south but I still hold out the 1% chance we see a u-turn.

Diclonius
19-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Get to **** Aberdeen.

Souter96Mac
19-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Can't see him going to Aberdeen.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 09:16 AM

This will be pish but in the remote chance that it's true, I would be fuming if we lost him to Aberdeen.

Rangers and Celtic we can do little about, due to how much of a financial advantage they both have over us.

We should never be losing our best players to Aberdeen.

Greenbeard
19-05-2018, 09:22 AM
This will be pish but in the remote chance that it's true, I would be fuming if we lost him to Aberdeen.

Rangers and Celtic we can do little about, due to how much of a financial advantage they both have over us.

Agree, no matter how luxurious the annual supply of front-loading wellies.

JimBHibees
19-05-2018, 09:37 AM

It would be entirely up to the player though.

Just Jimmy
19-05-2018, 09:37 AM
I was resigned to losing dylan. However should he leave us for Aberdeen I'd be pretty pissed of at Hibs and at him. Other bigger clubs then fair enough, but to walk away to a rival on a free is dickish.

I'm pretty sure he's going south though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Onion
19-05-2018, 09:38 AM

Be disappointed if he goes to Aberdeen but each club has it's own view on value. If Hibs genuinely played their best card and it wasn't enough to keep him, and the Dons are prepared to pay significantly more then good luck to him. He wouldn't be going for the medals !

Earlydelivery
19-05-2018, 09:41 AM
If he goes to Aberdeen for finance only we should shut up shop

Zazu62
19-05-2018, 09:42 AM
He can gtf if he signs for Aberdeen.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2018, 09:52 AM
It would be entirely up to the player though.

I realise that but I can't imagine the difference between what Aberdeen and us offer to our top players is so big that we couldn't make an effort to match it.

I'm not getting too upset about it though as I can't see him going to Aberdeen.

Zazu62
19-05-2018, 09:53 AM
What would they be offering him, 6k?

Sammy7nil
19-05-2018, 09:58 AM
If he goes to Aberdeen for finance only we should shut up shop

Aberdeen have been second 3 or 4 years in a row whilst we have been in the division below guess who has the bigger budget.

Stokesy's on fire
19-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Leaving Hibs for Aberdeen would be such a step down for him. Crap city with a really poor and boring support. I hope he goes to Blackburn. Aberdeen dont have the facilities required to help Dylan keep fit either. Aberdeen are taking a big risk by trying to make him their highest paid player..Thats if it is even true..

Captain Trips
19-05-2018, 10:02 AM
I think Mr Lennon would not be impressed losing a player to Aberdeen.

Captain Trips
19-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Aberdeen have been second 3 or 4 years in a row whilst we have been in the division below guess who has the bigger budget.

Yes but we managed to sign Stokes and a fair few others who would not have been cheap just after promotion. We have just completed a season with far bigger crowds more TV games and bigger prize money at end.

LustForLeith
19-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Never knew this but the average wage of an English Champiknship club is £32 million. Average player wage is £16 grand.

No way Aberdeen or Hibs come to mention that can compete with that

Captain Trips
19-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Never knew this but the average wage of an English Champiknship club is £32 million. Average player wage is £16 grand.

Correct but we need to compete with Aberdeen 100%. I'm not sure NL would accept anything less.

green day
19-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Daily Express seems to have snagged a few.

If Dylan stays in Scotland, why would it not be to Celtic or Sevco? You would assume that his agent would have spoken to both if Scotland was his preferred option. Both could pay significantly more than the Sheep.

So, perhaps for football reasons? Again, nah - why would he choose the Sheep over one of the ugly sisters?

And - regardless of what they might say - both of those teams would sign DM in a heartbeat (even if it was just cover for Celtic)

So, in summary - I think this story is pish and hes off down south.

Clarence
19-05-2018, 10:10 AM
I think Mr Lennon would not be impressed losing a player to Aberdeen.

His outburst after Swynecastle shows that he really isn’t impressed.

h185forever
19-05-2018, 10:11 AM
I think we’d all be disappointed to see Dylan go north but if the rumours about his relationship with Neil are true, then Neil can only blame himself.

Ive still not given up on Dylan staying but agree it looks very likely.

I for one will wish him well wherever he goes, it’s his life, career and decision, no one else’s.

Its a short career and I feel we’ve been privileged to have him at ER, even if it was for a shortish time.

Cup winner ........

The Leith Dutch
19-05-2018, 10:11 AM

This is no place for facts and reasonable debate.

You should be getting pissed off at the club over something that hasn't happened and is unlikely to happen.
Possibly keeping a little powder dry so that if it does happen then, despite not knowing the details of why it happened, you can blame the club completely.

chrisski33
19-05-2018, 10:21 AM
He can gtf if he signs for Aberdeen.

Exactly!

andybev1
19-05-2018, 10:23 AM
I just cannot underestand how we could not have got dylan to sign a two year deal last year with the understanding that we would not stand in his way ala cummings. More money for him I guess being a free agent but would it have been that much.

G B Young
19-05-2018, 10:24 AM
Leaving Hibs for Aberdeen would be such a step down for him. Crap city with a really poor and boring support. I hope he goes to Blackburn. Aberdeen dont have the facilities required to help Dylan keep fit either. Aberdeen are taking a big risk by trying to make him their highest paid player..Thats if it is even true..

They're a decent club but it would be a sideways step at best for him and as you say the footballing atmosphere at ER blows Pittidrie away. I'd be very surprised if this is the extent of his ambitions.

Stokesy's on fire
19-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Have Hibernian totally stopped trying to retain Dylan?

The Leith Dutch
19-05-2018, 10:57 AM
I just cannot underestand how we could not have got dylan to sign a two year deal last year with the understanding that we would not stand in his way ala cummings. More money for him I guess being a free agent but would it have been that much.

The speculation from others on here that, given his injury record, he's keen to secure himself a good deal while he's both fit and in good form seems like a good shout to me.

Good as he's been I doubt anyone - Hibs fans, Hibs or McGeouch himself - would be hugely shocked to find him out injured at which point the club not standing in his way isn't much help to him.

As far as him leaving goes I think he's marginally the least hard to replace out of him, McGinn and Allan.

Certainly don't mean easy to replace but I think having a player that is a little poorer in DM's role hurts us less than an equivalently poorer player in either McGinn or Allan's role.

superfurryhibby
19-05-2018, 11:15 AM
It would be disappointing if Dylan moved to Aberdeen, albeit the financial reality is that they have a much higher turnover and by implication, higher player budget than ours. This is borne out by us competing and losing out on signings to them in recent seasons.

Regardless, as highlighted already, his past injury issues would make it a huge gamble to push the boat out for him.

LustForLeith
19-05-2018, 11:17 AM
This is no place for facts and reasonable debate.

You should be getting pissed off at the club over something that hasn't happened and is unlikely to happen.
Possibly keeping a little powder dry so that if it does happen then, despite not knowing the details of why it happened, you can blame the club completely.

Exactly!

LustForLeith
19-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Correct but we need to compete with Aberdeen 100%. I'm not sure NL would accept anything less.

I wouldn’t accept anything less than competiimg with Aberdeen . Hope he goes down south and proves himself if he’s not going to stay at Hibs

snooky
19-05-2018, 11:21 AM
I like Dylan a lot as a player however, given his injury record it wouldn't surprise me if his career is cut short as a result. I sincerely hope I'm totally wrong however, and wish him all the best for the future.

ancient hibee
19-05-2018, 11:29 AM
In every competition there is a winner and a loser.If you mean we should always pay our players more than Aberdeen can you think of a quicker way to go bust?

we are hibs
19-05-2018, 11:53 AM
In every competition there is a winner and a loser.If you mean we should always pay our players more than Aberdeen can you think of a quicker way to go bust?

Its this kind of loser mentality that's held us back for years. We aren't saying go bust or massively overspend to keep him but we should be able to at least match aberdeen. Losing our best player to them would be a signal from the club that there ambitions are to be happy top 6 and staying below Aberdeen and rangers.

jeffers
19-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Its this kind of loser mentality that's held us back for years. We aren't saying go bust or massively overspend to keep him but we should be able to at least match aberdeen. Losing our best player to them would be a signal from the club that there ambitions are to be happy top 6 and staying below Aberdeen and rangers.

I seriously doubt he will sign for Aberdeen and people are getting stressed over nothing. I also doubt he's said to Hibs Aberdeen are offering me £x a week, match it. Hibs will have offered him a deal they think he is worth, he chose not to take it.

tamig
19-05-2018, 12:39 PM

I strongly suspect Dylan won’t sign for Aberdeen. They have wealthy American benefactors with spare cash we don’t have access to. How does managing your fimances prudently equate to a losers mentality. Very poor assertion.

ancient hibee
19-05-2018, 04:07 PM
You don’t know me and I strongly object to your stupid remark.Have we been held back for years?From what?Matching Aberdeen is not the same as offering him more than them.Or don’t you understand the difference?He’s not our best player .To suggest that the club has no ambition is ludicrously over the top.

Lago
19-05-2018, 06:01 PM
:top marks
You don’t know me and I strongly object to your stupid remark.Have we been held back for years?From what?Matching Aberdeen is not the same as offering him more than them.Or don’t you understand the difference?He’s not our best player .To suggest that the club has no ambition is ludicrously over the top.

bingo70
19-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Whatever Dylan is being offered elsewhere we could afford it, whether that’s Aberdeen, the English championship or Barcelona.......however the more we pay him the less we can play the rest of the squad and we have to draw a line somewhere.

If Aberdeen decide they want to play a large percentage of their wages on one player that’s their decision but I think we need to trust the club they are trying to get the balance right and spreading our wage budget as evenly as possible across the whole squad rather than *****ing too much on one player, who in theory could get injured a week into the season.

What will be will be

J-C
19-05-2018, 06:26 PM

Whatever Dylan is being offered elsewhere we could afford it, whether that’s Aberdeen, the English championship or Barcelona.......however the more we pay him the less we can play the rest of the squad and we have to draw a line somewhere.

If Aberdeen decide they want to play a large percentage of their wages on one player that’s their decision but I think we need to trust the club they are trying to get the balance right and spreading our wage budget as evenly as possible across the whole squad rather than *****ing too much on one player, who in theory could get injured a week into the season.

What will be will be

:top marks

Stokesy's on fire
19-05-2018, 06:41 PM
I strongly suspect Dylan won’t sign for Aberdeen. They have wealthy American benefactors with spare cash we don’t have access to. How does managing your fimances prudently equate to a losers mentality. Very poor assertion.

Who are these Americans and why do we never see them?

eastmainsmsh
19-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Blackburn Seemingly

snooky
19-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Who are these Americans and why do we never see them?

Peter Brady & Mrs Norm Pearson. :wink:

Stokesy's on fire
19-05-2018, 06:48 PM

I agree with this entirely and i think this would be Lennons take on things as well hence the comments about ambition to hell with letting a tin pot club like Aberdeen sign one of our better players.

green glory
19-05-2018, 07:31 PM
I saw Dylan in Leith Walk today. Had just bought a coffee and was jumping into his white Merc.

Stokesy's on fire
19-05-2018, 07:34 PM
I saw Dylan in Leith Walk today. Had just bought a coffee and was jumping into his white Merc.

Can't believe he has replaced lewis hamilton

iwasthere1972
19-05-2018, 07:39 PM

Used to see Dylan quite a few mornings popping into Costa by the big Sainsbury on Leith Walk when I was waiting at the bus stop. Loves his coffee.

Captain Trips
19-05-2018, 07:59 PM

Yeah competing with Celtic. Nonsense, Aberdeen do not try and sign every player we do so we do not need to spend more than them. On occasions such as potentialy losing DM competing with Aberdeen wouldn't bust Hibs in any shape or form.

On rare occasions if we and Aberdeen are in for the same player I want us to push them every inch to get the signing to us. I do not see how that is the club going bust.

jabis
19-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Used to see Dylan quite a few mornings popping into Costa by the big Sainsbury on Leith Walk when I was waiting at the bus stop. Loves his coffee.

?
Que.
Trying to think of the Sainsbury on Leith walk ?

bingo70
19-05-2018, 08:17 PM
?
Que.
Trying to think of the Sainsbury on Leith walk ?

It’s the new development just down from the old shrub hill Masonic lodge, where the car park used to be (I think)

GordonHFC
19-05-2018, 08:20 PM

Spends most of his life in Nando's 😁

allmodcons
19-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Dylan will sign for a club in the English Championship.

No way will be going to Aberdeen. They may have a slightly higher budget than us, but can't come close to offering the wages being paid in England's second tier. They've just lost their best midfielder to Norwich.

Some of the bed wetting on here beggars belief at times.

The problem isn't Hibs lack of ambition, it's all about the crazy TV money being distributed in England.

hibeerealist
19-05-2018, 09:21 PM

Must have been a look a like, Dylan is in Ibiza for SDG’s 30th.

Unseen work
19-05-2018, 09:23 PM
25k a week hahahah!

He is probably on what? 3-4K a week here at the moment? Why on earth would a team then bump his wage up to that?!

Imo he will go to a championship team and get about 8k a week plus bonuses.

bigwheel
19-05-2018, 09:31 PM
25k a week hahahah!

He is probably on what? 3-4K a week here at the moment? Why on earth would a team then bump his wage up to that?!

Imo he will go to a championship team and get about 8k a week plus bonuses.

Not a chance he is on that here....I'd imagine half that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
19-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Not a chance he is on that here....I'd imagine half that....

Half that is, according to the "study" last year, our average salary.

I'd imagine Dylan is one of our higher earners given his status in the team and the fact he came from Celtic meaning he was likely on a higher wage than say McGinn who came from St Mirren.

These reports are clearly not an exact science and where DM sits on the ladder of Hibs salaries is obviously speculation but I'd think that 3-4k a week is probably nearer the mark than 1.5 - 2k. But as we're all guessing who knows ;)

bigwheel
20-05-2018, 05:44 AM
Half that is, according to the "study" last year, our average salary.

I'd imagine Dylan is one of our higher earners given his status in the team and the fact he came from Celtic meaning he was likely on a higher wage than say McGinn who came from St Mirren.

These reports are clearly not an exact science and where DM sits on the ladder of Hibs salaries is obviously speculation but I'd think that 3-4k a week is probably nearer the mark than 1.5 - 2k. But as we're all guessing who knows ;)

None of our current team will be on 4K per week.....and very few (if any) on 3k.....

O'Rourke3
20-05-2018, 09:42 AM
I don't beleive for a second he'll go to Abderdeen.
Dons may be runners up currently but have just had the go ahead for the new development. Their regular support is well short of what it should be and half of them are now pissed at the move. Their mamager is always in the favourites for any new job and will want the club to "show ambition". There are no Americans just a fan/Director who made money working for an american Company and a couple of lottery winners (not knocking it...). The current chair will be off as soon as he's bought the current ground and start to build his next set of houses. That club will be in transition/making hard decisions for a while yet. If I was an ambitious player with a decent agent, Aberdeen would be worth a 12 month contract nothing else. If he does go - then he's being very badly advised - which is perhaps the real reson he's leaving/left Hibs. If hedoes sign for the Dons I'll be sorry but can he GTF? - never. Have Hibs shown lack of ambition? I sincerely doubt it. I generally think a lot of us who post on here need to come in from the extremes of "exuberance then deprssion" and find the middle line.

snooky
20-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Must have been a look a like, Dylan is in Ibiza for SDG’s 30th.

Maybe we could sell the doppelganger and keep Dylan. :dunno:

The Leith Dutch
20-05-2018, 10:09 AM
None of our current team will be on 4K per week.....and very few (if any) on 3k.....

I'm curious here because I strongly suspect nobody actually knows outside of the player themselves, their immediate families and the club.

The survey I was referring to is probably little more than a review of the accounts and some public information used to derive the approximate player wage budget and then dividing that by the playing staff.

It's not going to be what you'd call accurate but even allowing a margin for error the average of £1700 a week they're giving would be across the playing squad. You'd expect the large number of players to be below that (significantly for the development squad plus fringe squad players) which would strongly point to there being some top earners a notch above that to bring up the average in the 3-4k bracket.

In essence even with a sizeable margin for error either we pay our younger and fringe players a lot or there's going to be a few in the higher bracket of earnings to even it out.

Again, I stress, not an exact science but I'm not quite clear what you're basing your definitive "Nobody is on 4k a week" assertion on?

Souter96Mac
20-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Maybe we could sell the doppelganger and keep Dylan. :dunno:

We could see Dylan Mcgeoch, and keep the real Mcgeouch

The Green Goblin
20-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Dylan will sign for a club in the English Championship.

No way will be going to Aberdeen. They may have a slightly higher budget than us, but can't come close to offering the wages being paid in England's second tier. They've just lost their best midfielder to Norwich.

Some of the bed wetting on here beggars belief at times.

The problem isn't Hibs lack of ambition, it's all about the crazy TV money being distributed in England.

:hmmm:

bigwheel
20-05-2018, 10:52 AM
I'm curious here because I strongly suspect nobody actually knows outside of the player themselves, their immediate families and the club.

The survey I was referring to is probably little more than a review of the accounts and some public information used to derive the approximate player wage budget and then dividing that by the playing staff.

It's not going to be what you'd call accurate but even allowing a margin for error the average of £1700 a week they're giving would be across the playing squad. You'd expect the large number of players to be below that (significantly for the development squad plus fringe squad players) which would strongly point to there being some top earners a notch above that to bring up the average in the 3-4k bracket.

In essence even with a sizeable margin for error either we pay our younger and fringe players a lot or there's going to be a few in the higher bracket of earnings to even it out.

Again, I stress, not an exact science but I'm not quite clear what you're basing your definitive "Nobody is on 4k a week" assertion on?

That survey is questionable since annual reports with this seasons salaries won’t be released until sometime after financial year end ...so take it with a pinch of salt. Whilst few people know what an invidious player is on..it’s fairly well known the type of structure of Hibs pay...Stokes was an outlier...but very few will be on more than 100k per week basic

The Leith Dutch
20-05-2018, 11:16 AM
That survey is questionable since annual reports with this seasons salaries won’t be released until sometime after financial year end ...so take it with a pinch of salt. Whilst few people know what an invidious player is on..it’s fairly well known the type of structure of Hibs pay...Stokes was an outlier...but very few will be on more than 100k per week basic

Survey was from last year so I'd presume it was based on the 2016-17 salary figures.
Those salaries would have been in some part based on the 2015-16 attendances (average 9,200) plus skewed by playing in the Championship.

The salaries for the 2017-18 season you would presume would be potentially larger - playing in the SPL plus based on the 2016-17 attendances (average 15,600). I understand they're not going to double based on attendances but there were certainly decent financial reasons - particularly combined with ST sales - to up the salaries from the survey period a little no?

I do completely agree that it's highly likely very few will be on more than 100k annual basic but I also reckon that our top players - particularly any who came in or signed an extension this season - will likely be in that 3 - 4k bracket.

bigwheel
20-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Survey was from last year so I'd presume it was based on the 2016-17 salary figures.
Those salaries would have been in some part based on the 2015-16 attendances (average 9,200) plus skewed by playing in the Championship.

The salaries for the 2017-18 season you would presume would be potentially larger - playing in the SPL plus based on the 2016-17 attendances (average 15,600). I understand they're not going to double based on attendances but there were certainly decent financial reasons - particularly combined with ST sales - to up the salaries from the survey period a little no?

I do completely agree that it's highly likely very few will be on more than 100k annual basic but I also reckon that our top players - particularly any who came in or signed an extension this season - will likely be in that 3 - 4k bracket.

As I said in previous post. I don’t believe any of our current players are on 4K per week Very Few will be on 3k.

Captain Trips
20-05-2018, 12:33 PM
I would be surprised if big Efe was under 4k and Stokes at the time.

bigwheel
20-05-2018, 12:53 PM
I would be surprised if big Efe was under 4k and Stokes at the time.

Stokes was well
Publicised outside of our normal
Wage structure. So yes believe
You are right - might be right in Efe

Beefster
20-05-2018, 01:31 PM
As I said in previous post. I don’t believe any of our current players are on 4K per week Very Few will be on 3k.

Stokes was well
Publicised outside of our normal
Wage structure. So yes believe
You are right - might be right in Efe

It would be quicker to just say that, like the rest of us, you don’t know.

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2018, 01:44 PM

Spot on, very few folk are privy to the actual amount a player earns yet folk always seem to think they know. A figure is speculated then repeated a few times before it becomes fact.

I'll start by saying Scouse Hibee earns £150k per week, let's get that rolling, by the end of the month it might actually be correct.😁

bigwheel
20-05-2018, 01:56 PM

I’ve never claimed in any post to know what anyone was one. Just that I didn’t believe people were on as much as the poster was saying. The general salary levels at Hibs have been relatively well understood in recent years - even if individual salaries aren’t ...

Hadn’t considered what Efe may be on until it was raised. It was publicly stated by Lennon and others that Stokes was on a different level
of deal..so thought those were two decent points

Anyway. Since when do people only post what they know on here - that would be pretty boring ....

erin go bragh
20-05-2018, 02:04 PM
According to the global salaries study , we pay an average of £78100 per year , compared to Celtic s £720k average.

Souter96Mac
20-05-2018, 02:13 PM
According to the global salaries study , we pay an average of £78100 per year , compared to Celtic s £720k average.

Works out on average 1.5k a week. But I don't know if counts development players who will be on lower wages, so brings the average down.

Hibs90
20-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Works out on average 1.5k a week. But I don't know if counts development players who will be on lower wages, so brings the average down.

Latest figures (avg weekly pay)

Celtic £14,000
The Rangers £6,333
Aberdeen £2,623
Hearts £1,837
Hibs £1,675
Dundee £1,152
Partick £1,119
Ross County £1,085
Kilmarnock £1,060
St Johnstone £923
Motherwell £820
Hamilton £798

NOLA
20-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Best of luck to him one of my favourite recent players and his girlfriend no bad either 🤪[emoji51]

erin go bragh
20-05-2018, 05:30 PM
It uses the 26 most played players in the squad .

20-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Best of luck to him one of my favourite recent players and his girlfriend no bad either 🤪[emoji51]

What's her position?

NOLA
20-05-2018, 05:42 PM
What's her position?

Reverse cowgirl [emoji848]🤭🤫

Michael
20-05-2018, 05:44 PM

Celtic £14,000
The Rangers £6,333
Aberdeen £2,623
Hearts £1,837
Hibs £1,675
Dundee £1,152
Partick £1,119
Ross County £1,085
Kilmarnock £1,060
St Johnstone £923
Motherwell £820
Hamilton £798

Aberdeen pure splashing the cash.

R'Albin
21-05-2018, 09:49 AM

Celtic £14,000
The Rangers £6,333
Aberdeen £2,623
Hearts £1,837
Hibs £1,675
Dundee £1,152
Partick £1,119
Ross County £1,085
Kilmarnock £1,060
St Johnstone £923
Motherwell £820
Hamilton £798

What's the source for this?

If true it's interesting to note that our wage budget is closer to Hamilton's than Aberdeen's.

CropleyWasGod
21-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Celtic £14,000
The Rangers £6,333
Aberdeen £2,623
Hearts £1,837
Hibs £1,675
Dundee £1,152
Partick £1,119
Ross County £1,085
Kilmarnock £1,060
St Johnstone £923
Motherwell £820
Hamilton £798

As ever with these things, spurious assumptions and sources being used.

MB62
23-05-2018, 11:06 AM
According to STV sport news, posted online by their reporter Daryn MacRae, Neil Lennon says there is now a 'Small chink of light' that Dylan may yet sign a new contract with us.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1415808-lennon-hibs-offered-chink-of-light-over-mcgeouch-deal/

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BlackSheep
23-05-2018, 11:12 AM
According to STV sport news, posted online by their reporter Daryn MacRae, Neil Lennon says there is now a 'Small chink of light' that Dylan may yet sign a new contract with us.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1415808-lennon-hibs-offered-chink-of-light-over-mcgeouch-deal/

jonny
23-05-2018, 11:13 AM

Just read the same thing. Also sounded quite positive on Kamberi, although if Sheffield Utd do have a serious interest could price us out the market.
Lennon mentioned a positive meeting with the board and a few players have been identified to freshen things up. All in all a very positive article.

Hibernian Verse
23-05-2018, 11:15 AM

If Lennon thinks it's a good deal, it must be!

calumhibee1
23-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Announce dylan.

Heisenberg
23-05-2018, 11:36 AM
If Lennon thinks it's a good deal, it must be!

He said the same before we finally signed Stokes as well. Sounds like we’ve gone all out to keep him.

Callum_62
23-05-2018, 11:37 AM
This would be immense news

IncredibleHibee
23-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Haha his quote at the end saying “over-exuberance “ really made me chuckle

Michael
23-05-2018, 11:45 AM
He said the same before we finally signed Stokes as well. Sounds like we’ve gone all out to keep him.

But, he also said the same for Fyvie.

hibby6270
23-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Also being reported on BBC & EEN websites, so there’s some substance to it by the look of it.

Would be marvellous to keep him. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
23-05-2018, 11:51 AM
He doesn't half look like a Marvel superhero in that image :greengrin

G B Young
23-05-2018, 11:51 AM
BBC picked up on this now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44226624

It would be a massive boost to keep him and would make McGinn's departure less of a blow (that's assuming McGinn does leave. If not it would be essential, I think, to persuade him to sign a new contract as we don't want to risk losing out on the money his transfer could bring to the club).

There's been a lot made of how Hibs are set to be significantly weakened over the summer, but if it's possible to keep Dylan plus sign Kamberi and Allan on permanent deals we would still have the core of an excellent squad - and one that could hopefully be strengthened further with two or three clever signings.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2018, 11:58 AM
If Dylan McGeouch signs a new deal it will make my year.

.Sean.
23-05-2018, 12:05 PM

Celtic £14,000
The Rangers £6,333
Aberdeen £2,623
Hearts £1,837
Hibs £1,675
Dundee £1,152
Partick £1,119
Ross County £1,085
Kilmarnock £1,060
St Johnstone £923
Motherwell £820
Hamilton £798
Some of those averages at the lower end are crazy. The majority of tradesman can earn similar figures in a week as is the now.

Lago
23-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Mine too, but realistically don't see it happening.

aljo7-0
23-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Hibs are doing it to me again. They have given me a chink of belief he might stay/re-sign - just when I had got my head round him leaving.

Would be fantastic if he did!

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2018, 12:11 PM

And mine!

scooby
23-05-2018, 12:12 PM
How amazing would that be! The grass is greener here Dylan.

Dan Sarf
23-05-2018, 12:18 PM
How amazing would that be! The grass is greener here Dylan.

And shorter. :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
23-05-2018, 12:29 PM
If Dylan signs on it may increase the chances of SJM extending his contract and staying another year. European competition may be a factor which will encourage them.

J-C
23-05-2018, 01:21 PM
I assume it's not all down to a wage packet re Dylan, it may be we up his wages but also give a wee bit more as a signing on fee, I really hope we get this done, Dylan knows he's loved here and is one of the 1st names on the team sheet. Europa football, Scotland call ups and challenging for 2nd in the league, what more could he want.

lapsedhibee
23-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Some of those averages at the lower end are crazy. The majority of tradesman can earn similar figures in a week as is the now.

As it should be, since the majority of tradesmen are at least doing worthwhile jobs rather than poncing around in shorts once a week and falling over when the wind blows.

Geo_1875
23-05-2018, 01:31 PM

I heard the Motherwell manager on the radio a couple of weeks ago saying they were offering £1k per week to players who could earn that in the Isthmian League Div 1. The agents who returned his calls were laughing at him.

MB62
23-05-2018, 01:35 PM
I assume it's not all down to a wage packet re Dylan, it may be we up his wages but also give a wee bit more as a signing on fee, I really hope we get this done, Dylan knows he's loved here and is one of the 1st names on the team sheet. Europa football, Scotland call ups and challenging for 2nd in the league, what more could he want.

An extra £5,000 or more a week?

I do agree with you on your assessment though. He could move down south, become a bit part player and fall right out of Scotland selection. Of course he could get his £5,000 or more extra, be a superstar in his new team and be the first name down on the Scotland squad list but we have seen so many in the past move for extra dosh and hardly be heard of again (until they come to us and we resurrect their career) :greengrin

Billy Whizz
23-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Would be great to secure him, but hope it’s more than just a one year deal

silverhibee
23-05-2018, 01:46 PM

You don't get bonuses like footballers though Sean, that's a basic wage for a football player, what it doesn't mention is that these weekly wages could be doubled with win bonuses & appearance money.

.Sean.
23-05-2018, 02:07 PM
As it should be, since the majority of tradesmen are at least doing worthwhile jobs rather than poncing around in shorts once a week and falling over when the wind blows.
As a spark I’m no complaining, trust me. Properly puts it into perspective the gulf between the league up here and down south as I’d bet conference teams pay more than that.

WeeRussell
23-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Aye?! And I thought I was in a well-paid job! In fact, I am until the taxman gets a hod of me.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2018, 04:43 PM
A “Chink of light” and just a wee bit of “over-exhuberance”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-neil-lennon-offers-update-on-dylan-mcgeouch-and-florian-kamberi-1-4743653

Baw187
23-05-2018, 05:01 PM

Agree.

If it’s based on the 26 most used players, lots of those teams have small squads and may be playing youngsters on pennies I’d imagine. The difference between the top and bottom at most clubs will be huge I guess.

Baw187
23-05-2018, 05:01 PM

It’ll make my life.

Borderhibbie76
23-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Would be great to secure him, but hope it’s more than just a one year dealIt would but I'd take even a one year deal just to have him one more season tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

23-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Would be great to secure him, but hope it’s more than just a one year deal

Maybe a similar deal to Jason's where we agree to let him leave if an offer of say £500k/£1m comes in.

1van Sprou7e
23-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Maybe a similar deal to Jason's where we agree to let him leave if an offer of say £500k/£1m comes in.

Could happen

Think he's definitely worth more than a million but of course he's currently worth nothing to us

Captain Trips
23-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Come On Dylan lets have another crack at finishing even higher.

FitbaFolkKen
23-05-2018, 05:46 PM
The easiest way to get more ££££ for him would be to give him a percentage of any fee we sell him for. Would mean if he performs and is rewarded with a big move he would get a wad of cash for his efforts while we get a decent fee which would be better than nothing! Seems like a win win to me as opposed to giving him a low buyout clause

Centre Hawf
23-05-2018, 05:49 PM
At this point in time Dylan can do what he wants in regards to his buy out clause or how much of his fee he keeps if he stays. Anything to get another season out of him.

calumhibee1
23-05-2018, 05:59 PM
At this point in time Dylan can do what he wants in regards to his buy out clause or how much of his fee he keeps if he stays. Anything to get another season out of him.

Yup. Get him to sign a three year deal and tell him he can keep every penny of the transfer fee after 2 years. Gives him something massive to play for financially and gives us an incredible player.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Good news that there may still be a chance with Dylan, :pray: and even better news that we are not interested in Halliday. :top marks

23-05-2018, 06:14 PM
The easiest way to get more ££££ for him would be to give him a percentage of any fee we sell him for. Would mean if he performs and is rewarded with a big move he would get a wad of cash for his efforts while we get a decent fee which would be better than nothing! Seems like a win win to me as opposed to giving him a low buyout clause

Sounds like a good plan.

Keyser Sauzee
23-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Good news that there may still be a chance with Dylan, :pray: and even better news that we are not interested in Halliday. :top marks

Im not sure which part I’m happier about tbh :tee hee:

Sir David Gray
23-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Yup. Get him to sign a three year deal and tell him he can keep every penny of the transfer fee after 2 years. Gives him something massive to play for financially and gives us an incredible player.

I want him to stay but I highly doubt Hibs will agree to those sorts of terms.

Wilson
23-05-2018, 06:26 PM
I want him to stay but I highly doubt Hibs will agree to those sorts of terms.

The club would be in some state if fans structured deals.

Centre Hawf
23-05-2018, 06:42 PM
The club would be in some state if fans structured deals.

Normally I'd agree, but lets be honest here we're going to lose him for nothing. So if we lose him for nothing in 12 or 24 months time then at least we've got a good player for that time.

Onion
23-05-2018, 06:58 PM
If Dylan signs on it may increase the chances of SJM extending his contract and staying another year. European competition may be a factor which will encourage them.

Would be great to see SJM extend his stay but only if he signs an extension. Cannot afford to let his contract run down otherwise he'll be off in January for peanuts.

Hibernian FC must be one of the most enjoyable places to play your football these days.

Callum_62
23-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Not so sure Lennon really ‘dismisses’ the Halliday link

sleeping giant
23-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Thought the same :agree:

poolman
23-05-2018, 11:09 PM

Well the way I read it it said " Lennon poured cold water over the idea "

Is that not dismissing it :confused:

sleeping giant
23-05-2018, 11:34 PM
Well the way I read it it said " Lennon poured cold water over the idea "

Is that not dismissing it :confused:

He just said he didn't want to talk about players contracted to another club.

poolman
23-05-2018, 11:38 PM
He just said he didn't want to talk about players contracted to another club.

Well I suppose we could look at it both ways

sleeping giant
23-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Well I suppose we could look at it both ways

Could you imagine :greengrin

poolman
23-05-2018, 11:41 PM
Could you imagine :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Tom Hart RIP
24-05-2018, 06:50 AM
NL says in Sun that there may be some positive news about Dylan. Fingers crossed

Tom Hart RIP
24-05-2018, 06:51 AM
Lennon added: “There could be a positive on that because there’s no firm answer on what Dylan is doing. He’s not a done deal anywhere yet. That might change, but there’s hope there because we were under the impression a move was done and dusted.
“But that isn’t the feedback we’ve had so you never know.”