PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Diclonius
13-05-2018, 03:25 PM
So, that's the season officially over and the silly season begun. A lot of out of contract players, a lot of interest in other players, hopefully we have the budget to hold on to some players and sign good quality replacements.

Confirmed in
Thomas Agyepong, one year loan (winger, Man City)
Adam Bogdan, one year loan (goalkeeper, Liverpool)
Daryl Horgan, three year contract (winger, Preston)
Emerson Hyndman, six month loan (midfielder, Bournemouth)
Florian Kamberi, three year contract (striker, Grasshoppers)
Stevie Mallan, four year contract (midfielder, Barnsley)
Jamie Maclaren, one year loan (striker, Darmstadt)
Mark Milligan, two year contract (midfielder, Al Ahli)

Confirmed new contracts
None

Confirmed out
Cammy Bell (Partick)
Callum Crane (Livingston)
Scott Martin (Hamilton)
Dylan McGeouch (Sunderland)
John McGinn (Aston Villa)
Simon Murray (Bidvest Wits)
Danny Swanson

madhatter
13-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Not a solid rumour but Ryan Williamson for RB? I remember we were looking at him before. He’s obviously a bit older now and has more games under his belt.

Unseen work
13-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Glen Kamara from Dundee should be Dylan’s replacement.

Unfortunately he will probably have better offers.

Eaststandee
13-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Griffiths and Riordan. Get those two out there early on :wink:

:offski:

Souter96Mac
13-05-2018, 10:20 PM

Think the Huns are after him, I'd defo take him

calumhibee1
13-05-2018, 10:24 PM

Sure £1m was being thrown around as his value. We’ve no chance.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Sure £1m was being thrown around as his value. We’ve no chance.

Neither have Dundee at that price! :shocked:

The Leith Dutch
13-05-2018, 10:28 PM
So, that's the season officially over and the silly season begun. A lot of out of contract players, a lot of interest in other players, hopefully we have the budget to hold on to some players and sign good quality replacements.

Confirmed in
None

Confirmed out
Callum Crane (released)
Dylan McGeouch (contract rejected)

Rumoured in
Scott Allan (midfielder, Celtic)
Ali Crawford (midfielder, Hamilton)
Floiran Kamberi (striker, Grasshoppers)
Jamie Maclaren (striker, Darmstadt)
Stevie Mallan (midfielder, Barnsley)
Kenny Miller (striker, Rangers)

Rumoured out
Efe Ambrose
John McGinn (Bournemouth, Brighton, Celtic, Rangers)

Genuine question - has there actually been a rumour around Allan or Maclaren?
And is the rumour about Kamberi more than we have an option to buy in the loan deal?

Stuart93
13-05-2018, 10:31 PM
And is the rumour about Kamberi more than we have an option to buy in the loan deal?

Yes to both, some a little more than a "rumour"

Billychaotic182
13-05-2018, 10:31 PM

Kamberi was pointing to the hibs badge at full time mouthing I’m staying here

The Leith Dutch
13-05-2018, 10:33 PM
Yes to both, some a little more than a "rumour"

Great to hear :)

Those two for me are the first I want signed up.

Franck Stanton
13-05-2018, 10:34 PM

Have heard from a reliable source that we are negotiating a 3 yr deal with Allan.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Have heard from a reliable source that we are negotiating a 3 yr deal with Allan.

And we've agreed a deal with Celtic ??

Heisenberg
13-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Would be delighted with Kamberi and Allan staying as a start. Both seem keen to stay. Allan especially seems to realise that he’s found somewhere that he fits in and feels like a home for him.

Don’t see Maclaren or Barker being here though.

Hibeewilly
13-05-2018, 11:15 PM
I've heard from two well connected people (one who knows his family very well) that Stevie Mallan will be a Hibs player next season. Lets wait and see fingers crossed

Haymaker
13-05-2018, 11:18 PM
Griffiths and Riordan.

:hyper

Greencore
13-05-2018, 11:19 PM
I've heard from two well connected people (one who knows his family very well) that Stevie Mallan will be a Hibs player next season. Lets wait and see fingers crossed

Loan or Perm?

JohnM1875
14-05-2018, 12:10 AM
Cannot wait for this thread to get into full flow! Let's do this Hibs!!

Allan and Kamberi are the two main priorities for me. Be chuffed if we managed Mallan as well. Also, if Dundee are asking for 1m for Kamara it's a no for me!

andybev1
14-05-2018, 04:37 AM

Really? F'n great news, thx for that mate - made my day :thumbsup::greengrin

RoxburghHibs
14-05-2018, 05:39 AM
Mulumbu is out of contract at Killie...

Hibeewilly
14-05-2018, 05:59 AM
Loan or Perm?

That wasn't mentioned Greencore

eastcoasthibby
14-05-2018, 06:14 AM

If Kamberi signs quite early on that will help ST sales as well bringing in more cash ....

The Leith Dutch
14-05-2018, 06:50 AM
Cannot wait for this thread to get into full flow! Let's do this Hibs!!

Allan and Kamberi are the two main priorities for me. Be chuffed if we managed Mallan as well. Also, if Dundee are asking for 1m for Kamara it's a no for me!

Me too.
Brings a lot from what I saw of him at St Mirren but one of the things he brings that we really miss is the ability to shoot from a free kick.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Me too.
Brings a lot from what I saw of him at St Mirren but one of the things he brings that we really miss is the ability to shoot from a free kick.

And take a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
14-05-2018, 07:38 AM
From the rumoured in list, I'd prioritise getting Allan, Kamberi and Mallan. I'd wouldn't mind having Maclaren here next season, as I think he works well enough with Flo, but I think Kamberi is a cut above.

LancsHibs
14-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Replacing Matty Jack has to be a priority this window!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2018, 08:55 AM
O’halloran meant to be getting freed from Sevco. I’d take him

LancsHibs
14-05-2018, 09:12 AM

Only as back if we are fortunate enough to keep our current pairing or replace with Boyce and we have Shaw as well who will be a year older and better

Auckland Hibs
14-05-2018, 09:21 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the Yams.

Very decent player before he joined the Orcs, could be a good back up to Boyle.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Only as back if we are fortunate enough to keep our current pairing or replace with Boyce and we have Shaw as well who will be a year older and better

O’halloran is a winger is he not?

Mixu62
14-05-2018, 09:28 AM
What's happening with Murray as well? Anyone been keeping tabs on how he performed in Dundee? It was a loan deal to the end of the season wasn't it? If he comes back he'll have a point to prove.

BlackSheep
14-05-2018, 09:57 AM
O’halloran is a winger is he not?

Was thinking this myself... 99% sure he is a winger.

Heedersnvolleys
14-05-2018, 09:57 AM
On FB Effe away to the Far East

w pilton hibby
14-05-2018, 10:00 AM

Whose Facebook?

Heedersnvolleys
14-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Whose Facebook?

We are Hibs

MB62
14-05-2018, 11:23 AM

Another I wouldn't lose any sleep over leaving. I have always felt his best position would be in the Marv roll, but as a centre half he scares the smelly stuff out of me. He did fairly well in that right sided position in a back three but that's all.

Happy if he stays or goes.

Souter96Mac
14-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Whose Facebook?

I just seen Efe check in on Facebook in the Burj Khalifa.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Would not fuss me if Efe left, the guy is a bombsacre.

Borderhibbie76
14-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Another I wouldn't lose any sleep over leaving. I have always felt his best position would be in the Marv roll, but as a centre half he scares the smelly stuff out of me. He did fairly well in that right sided position in a back three but that's all.

Happy if he stays or goes.Yeah I'm not overly concerned about him leaving either tbh...great ballplayer from the back but his defending is just awful at times....he was woeful yesterday and for a centre half he is extremely weak in the air. Don't understand why he played and Daz was dropped yesterday tbh
..Hanlon and Daz are our best pairing in a back 4 imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SChibs
14-05-2018, 11:28 AM

Could replace Barker on the left

SChibs
14-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Would like us to sign Naismith from Ross County. Good attacking right back. Love David Gray but if his injury problems continue Naismith would be a good option

scoopyboy
14-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Heard Ali Crawford is likely to sign, heard from a couple of completely different sources.

Latest one being a Hamilton player who is on loan at Bo'ness, been a lot of Hamilton players on loan over the years due to McGonnigal having ties with both clubs.

Crawford spent a season on loan to Bo'ness when he was 17.

bingo70
14-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Heard Ali Crawford is likely to sign, heard from a couple of completely different sources.

Latest one being a Hamilton player who is on loan at Bo'ness, been a lot of Hamilton players on loan over the years due to McGonnigal having ties with both clubs.

Crawford spent a season on loan to Bo'ness when he was 17.

Was Crawford not at Hearts around that age?

Thought I read he always liked getting it right up the Hearts as he got released from them at 16/17 year old.

Captain Trips
14-05-2018, 11:53 AM
I really hope we can get Flo and Maclaren signed up. As I have a fear Sevco might get in there. Not heard anything but I am thinking Flo has got to have impressed in his time as has Maclaren.

Frazerbob
14-05-2018, 11:56 AM
I’d be gutted if Efe left. It’s been an absolute pleasure to watch him in the Hibs strip (off the field antics apart). There’s no way we’ll be able to replace him like for like on our budget.

Iceman1875
14-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Stevie Mallan would be a fantastic addition. I heard Murray Davidson was linked with us too.

jacomo
14-05-2018, 11:58 AM
I’d be gutted if Efe left. It’s been an absolute pleasure to watch him in the Hibs strip (off the field antics apart). There’s no way we’ll be able to replace him like for like on our budget.

What antics?

Captain Trips
Would we get a fee for Efe?

Smartie
I thought Efe was all over the place at the start of the season but he came onto a game and played better as the season went on.

He was no worse than anyone else yesterday in a strange kamikazi defensive performance.

Jones28
14-05-2018, 12:00 PM

He's contracted for another year I think so we should do.

SlickShoes
14-05-2018, 12:03 PM
I can't believe so many folk want rid of Efe, he had maybe 2 bad games all season.

Hibeewilly
14-05-2018, 12:07 PM
I can't believe so many folk want rid of Efe, he had maybe 2 bad games all season.
Agree 100% - terrific player

Frazerbob
14-05-2018, 12:11 PM
What antics?

Coming and going as he pleases, training when he wants etc. According to some ITK posters he seems to get a lot of slack which the other players resent.

B.H.F.C
14-05-2018, 12:11 PM

Agree. Efe has the odd ‘Efe’ moment but has been generally good for us.

A lot of our good play starts with him because he’s so composed on the ball.

JimBHibees
14-05-2018, 12:17 PM

Has been consistently very good IMO. No where near a bombscare. Personally think he should not have been played centrally in a 3 yesterday as he can be loose and not great in 50/50 challenges however his use of the ball is superb the vast majority of the time.

Unseen work
14-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Efe is the sort of player that many are quick to point out his flaws because he is a bit casual. The amount of times his composure builds an attack and headers he wins from defensive areas are unreal.

He’s played out of position for the main part of the season and has still been very good overall.

It will be a tough job replacing him.

supermcginn
14-05-2018, 12:19 PM
https://bbc.in/2GcbCZW Ali Crawford hoping to move to England

superbam
14-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Agree. Efe has the odd ‘Efe’ moment but has been generally good for us.

A lot of our good play starts with him because he’s so composed on the ball.

Seems unable to shed the bombscare tag with some folks. He has made less mistakes than our other defenders who rarely attract the same ire. I think he has been tremendous for us, we have been lucky to have a player of that quality at Easter Road, and he is a genuine footballer - his composure and ability to read the game has kicked off many of our best attacks this year.

Frazerbob
14-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Seems unable to shed the bombscare tag with some folks. He has made less mistakes than our other defenders who rarely attract the same ire. I think he has been tremendous for us, we have been lucky to have a player of that quality at Easter Road, and he is a genuine footballer - his composure and ability to read the game has kicked off many of our best attacks this year.

Similar to Sol Bamba when he was here. I just don’t get the bombscare pish.

jonny
14-05-2018, 12:22 PM

Figure being quoted is £1.5million

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 12:23 PM

Sorry to whom?

CRAZYHIBBY
14-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Celtic rumoured to be after mclaren

patlowe
14-05-2018, 12:26 PM
Assuming McGinn and McGeouch are lost causes, here's my view on the possible ins/outs:

Kamberi - PRIORITY. The boy has everything; strength, speed, skill, composure, aggression, arrogance. Take into account his age and we could have a huge asset on our hands. If we're stretching the budget for anyone I think it should be him.
Barker - He's obviously not going to be in the first team at City and I don't think he's ready for the bigger clubs down south yet. City will surely see the strides he's made here so I would be pushing them for another year. Purely speculation on my part but I don't see why that's beyond the realms of possibility.
Allan - As seen in the first half yesterday, when he is on it he is unplayable and he would obviously be a brilliant signing. But Celtic are not going to let him go for nothing and he would have to take a huge wage cut to come to us permanently so I'm struggling to see it.
Efe - I love him but if the rumours are true re Chinese money then bite their hand off and reinvest in keeping Flo et al.
McLaren - Pretty brutal touch and link-up play but you just cannot teach the instinct he has for finding space and scoring goals. Would like to seem him stay but, with his team staying up, I can't see it happening TBH.
Naismith - I agree with an earlier poster that he would be a great signing and potentially available at a knock down price with County going down. If Efe is away that takes away one of our RB options as well.
Mallan - Very talented player but perhaps didn't have the physique for the Championship down there. I can see why he might now fancy coming into this Hibs team over playing in League 1 for Barnsley, so let's hope it's a goer. A midfield of Slivka, Allan and Mallan has a lovely ring to it doesn't it?
Crawford - Not seen enough to judge.
Mulumbu - Has there been any chat on where he's ending up? Probably not a long term solution but would certainly fit nicely into our team for a year or two and help make up for the likely losses in midfield. He's too old for a really big move now so maybe we would be an attractive option.

As an aside, you've got to hope that Porteous and Shaw will be ready to contribute more regularly and help to plug those gaps in the squad. I would add Fraser Murray to that list but you worry he's not quite getting enough first team games under his belt at this stage.

Shrekko
14-05-2018, 12:28 PM

Agree. Absolute joy to watch. Can’t believe what some folk apparently see. Ball playing defenders get caught out sometimes - the occasional gaffe has been well worth it.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 12:31 PM

Celtic play 433, can’t see where he’d play

Onceinawhile
14-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Crawford looking to move to England according to a BBC interview.

CMurdoch
14-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Crawford looking to move to England according to a BBC interview.

Not strong enough for England.
This is the reason most Scottish players fail when they make the south move.
Could do a job at Hibs.

CMurdoch
14-05-2018, 12:47 PM

He is not consistent enough to go there

Allant1981
14-05-2018, 12:55 PM

rubbish, he has arguably been our best defender since he signed

J-C
14-05-2018, 01:00 PM
The ITK guys seem to think Kamberi is a done deal as is Allan, possibly just sorting out the finer details of their buy outs and contracts, rumour is Kamberi has been house hunting with his girlfriend.
MacLaren's club and his wages may be a stumbling block, he's thoroughly enjoyed it here and would come back but we may be priced out, depends how good LD is at negotiating a deal.
Mallan would be a very good player to have, dead ball expert and intelligent midfielder, a few guys on here saying this could be a goer.
Crawford was mentioned a few weeks ago but seems to have gone quiet since, maybe the Mallan rumour has scuppered that deal.

Efe is an enigma, decent CB but has a good few lapses in concentration, at times he makes it look all too easy as he wins the ball and strolls into midfield before passing it, then in the next breath he faffs around at the back all too casually and gets himself into all sorts of bother, for me I'd rather see Porteous getting game time next season.

GreenCastle
14-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Similar to Sol Bamba when he was here. I just don’t get the bombscare pish.

Sol Bamba recently was voted into Championship team of the year after winning promotion.

Bamba and Efe have their moments but if you have consistently watched Hibs since he signed you can see how well Efe has played.

David Gray while a legend is no where near the level of Efe.

The term bombscare seems to be used to describe a footballer who looks relaxed on the ball and not the rough and ready James McPake type.

Flo
Allan
Mclaren

All priority.

McGinn I expect to move to Celtic or somewhere like Leeds.

flash
14-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Efe is our best defender by the length of Leith Walk.
Throw in the amount of attacks he starts and he would be hard to replace.

Nevi_SOL
14-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Personally I like Efe but wouldn’t have a problem with him leaving for a decent fee and Porteous filling in

Unseen work
14-05-2018, 01:05 PM
If Efe has made the mistakes Hanlon, Stevenson and McGregor had made in the past 2 games you wouldn’t hear the end of it.

Springbank
14-05-2018, 01:06 PM
The ITK guys seem to think Kamberi is a done deal as is Allan, possibly just sorting out the finer details of their buy outs and contracts, rumour is Kamberi has been house hunting with his girlfriend.
MacLaren's club and his wages may be a stumbling block, he's thoroughly enjoyed it here and would come back but we may be priced out, depends how good LD is at negotiating a deal.
Mallan would be a very good player to have, dead ball expert and intelligent midfielder, a few guys on here saying this could be a goer.
Crawford was mentioned a few weeks ago but seems to have gone quiet since, maybe the Mallan rumour has scuppered that deal.

Efe is an enigma, decent CB but has a good few lapses in concentration, at times he makes it look all too easy as he wins the ball and strolls into midfield before passing it, then in the next breath he faffs around at the back all too casually and gets himself into all sorts of bother, for me I'd rather see Porteous getting game time next season.

I am on the same page a J-C

Kamberi, Allan, Mallan would all make for brilliant signings.

Porteous has his breakthrough season next year and could (could) be in the Scotland set-up a year from now or 2 years from now if he handles it all and keeps improving.

Efe has been entertaining (aside from Pittodrie in December and Tynecastle in the cup) and clearly a great guy round the club. £1.5m would be mighty handy though....

Johnny_Leith
14-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Assuming McGinn and McGeouch are lost causes, here's my view on the possible ins/outs:

Kamberi - PRIORITY. The boy has everything; strength, speed, skill, composure, aggression, arrogance. Take into account his age and we could have a huge asset on our hands. If we're stretching the budget for anyone I think it should be him.
Barker - He's obviously not going to be in the first team at City and I don't think he's ready for the bigger clubs down south yet. City will surely see the strides he's made here so I would be pushing them for another year. Purely speculation on my part but I don't see why that's beyond the realms of possibility.
Allan - As seen in the first half yesterday, when he is on it he is unplayable and he would obviously be a brilliant signing. But Celtic are not going to let him go for nothing and he would have to take a huge wage cut to come to us permanently so I'm struggling to see it.
Efe - I love him but if the rumours are true re Chinese money then bite their hand off and reinvest in keeping Flo et al.
McLaren - Pretty brutal touch and link-up play but you just cannot teach the instinct he has for finding space and scoring goals. Would like to seem him stay but, with his team staying up, I can't see it happening TBH.
Naismith - I agree with an earlier poster that he would be a great signing and potentially available at a knock down price with County going down. If Efe is away that takes away one of our RB options as well.
Mallan - Very talented player but perhaps didn't have the physique for the Championship down there. I can see why he might now fancy coming into this Hibs team over playing in League 1 for Barnsley, so let's hope it's a goer. A midfield of Slivka, Allan and Mallan has a lovely ring to it doesn't it?
Crawford - Not seen enough to judge.
Mulumbu - Has there been any chat on where he's ending up? Probably not a long term solution but would certainly fit nicely into our team for a year or two and help make up for the likely losses in midfield. He's too old for a really big move now so maybe we would be an attractive option.

As an aside, you've got to hope that Porteous and Shaw will be ready to contribute more regularly and help to plug those gaps in the squad. I would add Fraser Murray to that list but you worry he's not quite getting enough first team games under his belt at this stage.

Mulumbu too old? He's 31?! He had a move to Bordeaux fall through in January, he'll leave Kilmarnock and most probably Scotland. Class player with another 3-5 seasons in him the way he looks after himself.

BSEJVT
14-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Ambrose probably falls into the same flawed genius category as at least Lennon & Scott Allan and depending on your perspective a few others.

If they didn't they wouldn't be anywhere near Hibs, such is their quality.

As others have said the same accusations were levelled at Sol Bamba who has made a more than decent career for himself and IMO Ambrose is a far far better footballer, although maybe less physically imposing.

If Efe goes we will miss him massively, I think Porteous has got everything to be a very good centre half but it wont be next year, it will come with time an experience and I would prefer to see him getting game time at McGregor's expense rather than Ambrose's

Ozyhibby
14-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Not great in the air but Efe is out on his own when it comes to dribbling centre halfs. [emoji3]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180514/2860f2164c635838151508964f37a048.jpg

pacoluna
14-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Yeah I'm not overly concerned about him leaving either tbh...great ballplayer from the back but his defending is just awful at times....he was woeful yesterday and for a centre half he is extremely weak in the air. Don't understand why he played and Daz was dropped yesterday tbh
..Hanlon and Daz are our best pairing in a back 4 imo

Can't believe what I'm reading. The guy is 1st class, one of the best players I've seen at Easter road!

SRHibs
14-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Efe is probably my favourite player. Still think he’d be well suited to the DM role.

Frazerbob
14-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Sol Bamba recently was voted into Championship team of the year after winning promotion.

Bamba and Efe have their moments but if you have consistently watched Hibs since he signed you can see how well Efe has played.

The term bombscare seems to be used to describe a footballer who looks relaxed on the ball and not the rough and ready James McPake type.

Flo
Allan
Mclaren

All priority.

Yeh that was my point. Sol was a bombscare according many but he’s done no bad for himself since leaving. I hate the term.

guthrie01
14-05-2018, 01:46 PM

I like Efe, but £1.5 is surely too good to turn down when we only have 1 year left on his contract. Could use that kind of money to help sign Kamberi/Maclaren

Stevie Reid
14-05-2018, 01:51 PM
I see that Ki Seung-young has been released by Swansea, one of Lennon's Celtic signings. I suspect at 29 he'll still be way out of our bracket though.

Stuart93
14-05-2018, 02:05 PM
Crawford wanting to try his hand down south

GreenCastle
14-05-2018, 02:09 PM
Yeh that was my point. Sol was a bombscare according many but he’s done no bad for himself since leaving. I hate the term.

Agreed

bingo70
14-05-2018, 02:09 PM
I see that Ki Seung-young has been released by Swansea, one of Lennon's Celtic signings. I suspect at 29 he'll still be way out of our bracket though.

I think our best and only chance of a signing like that would be on loan with his parent club covering most of his wages. Any high profile player like that free of charge will have plenty offers offering miles more than us.

Stevie Reid
14-05-2018, 02:12 PM
I think our best and only chance of a signing like that would be on loan with his parent club covering most of his wages. Any high profile player like that free of charge will have plenty offers offering miles more than us.

Yeah, agree completely.

patlowe
14-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Mulumbu too old? He's 31?! He had a move to Bordeaux fall through in January, he'll leave Kilmarnock and most probably Scotland. Class player with another 3-5 seasons in him the way he looks after himself.

Of course he has football left in him. My point is you won't see a queue of huge clubs desperate to sign a 31 year old who has barely played 50 games in 3 years. I can accept he may still be out of our price range though.

Gmack7
14-05-2018, 02:37 PM
EFE is effectively in the same position as mcginn if he doesn't extend his contract then we will likely try and sell him

hibs#1
14-05-2018, 03:09 PM

A.c. Milan and Everton quoted as being after him.

Templeton got released by Hamilton today along with Crawford.

Jones28
14-05-2018, 03:12 PM
A.c. Milan and Everton quoted as being after him.

Templeton got released by Hamilton today along with Crawford.

That's a bit of a surprise unless he knocked a deal back.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 03:16 PM
That's a bit of a surprise unless he knocked a deal back.

Think he must have, been one of their top scorers

IncredibleHibee
14-05-2018, 03:29 PM
I wonder if we are going for templeton. He’d be a decent enough replacement for barker perhaps.

On Efe, there is no doubting he is a very good player but if we are offered a decent fee I would take it given the fact Porteous is coming through and that gap left will hopefully mean more game time for him.

Northernhibee
14-05-2018, 03:30 PM

Flo
Allan
Mclaren

All priority.

FWIW after his loan spell where he was very good I always considered McPake an utter liability. Couldn't get into the right positions for toffee and as a result he had to make lots of big committed lunging tackles which although they look impressive doesn't make for a good defender.

Efe is different class. So was Bamba.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Stevie Mallan would be a fantastic addition. I heard Murray Davidson was linked with us too.

Davidson just signed a 2 year extension with STJ

worcesterhibby
14-05-2018, 03:51 PM
FWIW after his loan spell where he was very good I always considered McPake an utter liability. Couldn't get into the right positions for toffee and as a result he had to make lots of big committed lunging tackles which although they look impressive doesn't make for a good defender.

Efe is different class. So was Bamba.

Efe is certainly a classy player going forward, but personally I think most of his best games have been when filling in at right back. He linked well with Dylan and Boyle and was happy to stride forward himself, picking passes and being heavily involved in build up play in the opposition half. Having Boyle in front of him helped too as the squirrel is always a willing runner both going forward and tracking back, meaning there was decent cover when he did take things a bit far and lose the ball. At centre back as he was on Sunday, he looks a lot more exposed.

J-C
14-05-2018, 06:21 PM
I still think Efe signed because Lennon and Hibs did him a favour so he could get his residency visa, 2 year deal and a wee transfer fee for his visa, he would've been out of our wage bracket coming from Celtic but a good deal for everyone.

MagicSwirlingShip
14-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Some of the dross we’ve had at the back over the years and some on here are calling out Efe. He has been an absolute joy to watch.

YanYansen
14-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Bizarre how differently folk see the game.

For me, Efe is the type of player who makes me enjoy going to the fitba. Love the guy.

Craig_HFC
14-05-2018, 07:13 PM

For me, Efe is the type of player who makes me enjoy going to the fitba. Love the guy.

Absolutely this.

Efe’s ‘cigar & slippers’ style is exactly what I want to see. He’s different class.

eastterrace
14-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Absolutely this.

Efe’s ‘cigar & slippers’ style is exactly what I want to see. He’s different class.

There a few who sit next to me saying he is a bombscare but that’s the way efe plays the game . Anybody can just lump the ball up the park but I prefer players trying to play football from the back and you just have to accept the odd mistake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bingo70
14-05-2018, 07:24 PM

I think the people that don’t like him are the ones that are the first to shout .......”just get it tae **** for ****s sake.......” and then compain when we’re not keeping possession.

Have we lost any goals this season from him being careless in possession?

I’m sure he’s been at fault for other reasons at times but the way people go on you’d think he gave a goal away every second week.

Billychaotic182
14-05-2018, 07:25 PM

This. He’s a pleasure to watch. A class act who really should be playing at a much higher level. Enjoy him while he is still here

Silversand
14-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Efes had his moments this season, but he is a joy to watch when on song.

hibbyfraelibby
14-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Thete is a reasons Dundee are in the basement and he is one of tgem.

Billychaotic182
14-05-2018, 07:32 PM

There is also a reason why Swansea want to spend a million on him. Remember where Scott Allan was at the start of the season

Lago
14-05-2018, 07:46 PM
I can, you know how it goes, someone says they don't like player X because he is ..... and before you know it the usual crew jump on the band wagon.

IGRIGI
14-05-2018, 07:49 PM
****ing mental how many people want rid of Efe.

It's been cigar and slippers time for most of the season for him and I can't remember us having many CBs that can play it out from the back like him, never mind his jaunts up the wing like a winger.

McD
14-05-2018, 07:50 PM

Think thats overly simplistic, Nottingham forest were relegated with Roy Keane in their team, look at the talent Leeds United had when they went down,

Northernhibee
14-05-2018, 07:52 PM
I think the people that don’t like him are the ones that are the first to shout .......”just get it tae **** for ****s sake.......” and then compain when we’re not keeping possession.

Have we lost any goals this season from him being careless in possession?

I’m sure he’s been at fault for other reasons at times but the way people go on you’d think he gave a goal away every second week.

The 4-1 game at Pittodrie tbf.

Otherwise he's just got an incredible ability to beat a man when being closed down and he can make the opposition look really stupid. He's been excellent.

14-05-2018, 07:53 PM
A total football playing defender. It’s been a while since we had one of them. My player of the year.

McD
14-05-2018, 08:06 PM
The 4-1 game at Pittodrie tbf.

Otherwise he's just got an incredible ability to beat a man when being closed down and he can make the opposition look really stupid. He's been excellent.

Both Efe and McGeoch have a great ability to feint in a way that makes their opponent shift their body weight, allowing them to ghost by the opponent, where we all expect the opponent to make a tackle but that weight shift is enough to render them useless.

its often attackers who do this (Salah for example), EA and DM tend to it much deeper, but this often causes the oppositions defensive shape to be pierced.

players like Efe are a joy and heart-in-mouth to watch, I’ll be sad to see him leave. Would certainly much rather have his type as Michael Nelson types

WhileTheChief..
14-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Great to see Efe getting the praise he richly deserves.

An an absolute pleasure to watch who will be sadly missed but fondly remembered if he goes.

Still hoping he stays and sees outs his contract, then he get get a bumper pay deal when he moves on for free next summer.

erin go bragh
14-05-2018, 08:39 PM
We signed SJM from relegated St Mirren .

Souter96Mac
14-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Seen on twitter that we're interested in County right back Jason Naismith. Out of contract, quite a few teams interested though

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Seen on twitter that we're interested in County right back Jason Naismith. Out of contract, quite a few teams interested though

As a squad player maybe

Heisenberg
14-05-2018, 08:50 PM
As a squad player maybe

Depends on the formation, but if we’re playing four at the back i’d have Naismith ahead of anyone else at the club just now. Boyle is a very good option at wing back as well if we go 3-5-2.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Depends on the formation, but if we’re playing four at the back i’d have Naismith ahead of anyone else at the club just now. Boyle is a very good option at wing back as well if we go 3-5-2.

I’m still to be convinced by him. However if our recruitment staff think so, I’ll go along with that

S4uzee
14-05-2018, 09:27 PM
I’m still to be convinced by him. However if our recruitment staff think so, I’ll go along with that

Me neither

stevie-bee
14-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Me neither
Always thought he was a good player ,even when he was at St Mirren

Stuart93
14-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Always liked Naismith, very surprised he's not went higher in the game yet

GreenLake
15-05-2018, 03:15 AM
I would like to see this player get a trial for next season

https://www.instagram.com/p/BioquOJnDEt/

Haymaker
15-05-2018, 03:41 AM
I would like to see this player get a trial for next season

https://www.instagram.com/p/BioquOJnDEt/

Interesting technique.

HoboHarry
15-05-2018, 04:01 AM
I seem to recall David Wotherspoon and Leigh Griffiths giving it a bit of Gangnam Style but I'm fairly confident it didn't look as good as that........

Heisenberg
15-05-2018, 06:17 AM
The DR reporting that Aberdeen are wanting Jason Naismith.

JimBHibees
15-05-2018, 06:19 AM

Would agree with that.

Jones28
15-05-2018, 06:23 AM
The DR reporting that Aberdeen are wanting Jason Naismith.

Hopefully he would think we were the better option for game time, Logan is a wee ***** but a very good footballer. Unless they're moving him on and replacing him.

tonyrougier123
15-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Ambrose probably falls into the same flawed genius category as at least Lennon & Scott Allan and depending on your perspective a few others.

If they didn't they wouldn't be anywhere near Hibs, such is their quality.

As others have said the same accusations were levelled at Sol Bamba who has made a more than decent career for himself and IMO Ambrose is a far far better footballer, although maybe less physically imposing.

If Efe goes we will miss him massively, I think Porteous has got everything to be a very good centre half but it wont be next year, it will come with time an experience and I would prefer to see him getting game time at McGregor's expense rather than Ambrose's
if efe goes for 1.5million that cedric kipre at mowell would be a good investment at half a million.

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2018, 06:43 AM
if efe goes for 1.5million that cedric kipre at mowell would be a good investment at half a million.

Stay off the Bevvy midweek!:greengrin

tonyrougier123
15-05-2018, 06:43 AM
Efes had his moments this season, but he is a joy to watch when on song.

there is only one defender in my time being a hibby gets anywhere near efe and it's Jones,and he's still miles away imo.as good as Jones was for us.

Speedy
15-05-2018, 06:56 AM
Efe is great as part of a 3 but he's not a right back and it doesn't work as a 2 with him and Hanlon.

I'd happily keep him if we don't have any significant offers but £1.5m is far too good to refuse. Take it and get Porteous involved.

tonyrougier123
15-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Efe is great as part of a 3 but he's not a right back and it doesn't work as a 2 with him and Hanlon.

I'd happily keep him if we don't have any significant offers but £1.5m is far too good to refuse. Take it and get Porteous involved.I honestly think we would need to reinvest most of that 1.5 to replace him he's that good.

tonyrougier123
15-05-2018, 07:02 AM
Stay off the Bevvy midweek!:greengrin

i take it your no keen on him them lol

Stuart93
15-05-2018, 07:56 AM
i take it your no keen on him them lol

He's murder

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 08:01 AM
He's murder

Agreed. Kipre is awful.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2018, 08:04 AM
I think Kipre is a good defender, every time i have watched him he's looked decent, in fact i'm sure i commented on it during one of their games on here.

JimBHibees
15-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Agreed. Kipre is awful.

Not so sure the guy is still young and can improve seen him have some excellent games. Bit of a rough diamond however may improve that is not to say I would particularly want him to sign for us.

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Not so sure the guy is still young and can improve seen him have some excellent games. Bit of a rough diamond however may improve that is not to say I would particularly want him to sign for us.

Fair enough. Every time I've seen him I've not been too impressed, but I appreciate he's young

Ozyhibby
15-05-2018, 08:11 AM
I think he’s decent but there is no chance we are paying a fee for anyone with porteous waiting in the wings.
I’d like to see us get Naismith though.

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Not a rumour, but I've been looking through the released list from English clubs and spotted that Clayton Donaldson is now available after leaving Sheffield United. Along with that James Hanson who I know we we're previously linked with a couple times. Anyone take Donaldson?

IWasThere2016
15-05-2018, 08:18 AM
Not a rumour, but I've been looking through the released list from English clubs and spotted that Clayton Donaldson is now available after leaving Sheffield United. Along with that James Hanson who I know we we're previously linked with a couple times. Anyone take Donaldson?

Would command a wage that is way beyond our means..

I'd rather have Eoin Doyle with Big Flo - assuming JamieMac is elsewhere. Time for us to see more of Ollie Shaw also IMHO.

Tony Bobulinski
15-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Just seen this quoted in a sun article questioning our chances of getting Flo back

Grasshoppers Zurich sports director Mathias Walther said: “All the players out on loan will be returning to us.

“Some of those players will be important members of the squad next season.

“Clearly, we need to produce a better season than this one and manager Thorsten Fink will want to assess all the loan players.”

Callum_62
15-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Just seen this quoted in a sun article questioning our chances of getting Flo back

Grasshoppers Zurich sports director Mathias Walther said: “All the players out on loan will be returning to us.

“Clearly, we need to produce a better season than this one and manager Thorsten Fink will want to assess all the loan players.”

We already have an option to buy him - meet that, agree terms with him and hes our player

Thecat23
15-05-2018, 11:42 AM

All players always return to their parent clubs so wouldn’t read much into this. Hibs and Kamberi still have a deal in place and that will only change if his parent club start to piss around.

He doesn’t want to play there either.

Del Boy
15-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Simon Murray wanted by Dundee Utd

Heisenberg
15-05-2018, 11:51 AM
All players always return to their parent clubs so wouldn’t read much into this. Hibs and Kamberi still have a deal in place and that will only change if his parent club start to piss around.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they did try and mess around with the deal we have. They’ll sense a good payday for Kamberi. Don’t imagine our agreed option to buy will be for all that much.

Halmyre Hibee
15-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Was looking through some of the EFL retained lists and this wee guy is available.

https://youtu.be/WZZur835hKk

CMurdoch
15-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Hibs and Aberdeen looking at the same players.
Similar budgets although it has been hinted that they have more cash through their multi millionaire Board member Cormack.
Time they got on with building their new stadium and leave us to the likes of Naysmith, Mallen etc

Thecat23
15-05-2018, 12:27 PM
Hibs and Aberdeen looking at the same players.
Similar budgets although it has been hinted that they have more cash through their multi millionaire Board member Cormack.
Time they got on with building their new stadium and leave us to the likes of Naysmith, Mallen etc

Correct, in all honestly Hibe, Hearts, Dons all usually get offered the same players. Sometimes each club will scout out others but a lot of signings are usually offered to the same 4 or 5 clubs in the top flight.

Jim44
15-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Was looking through some of the EFL retained lists and this wee guy is available.

https://youtu.be/WZZur835hKk

Looks very handy. He’ll probably get snapped up quickly by a Championship club, you would think.

Iain G
15-05-2018, 12:33 PM

We have an agreed fee in place to purchase him from them as part of the loan deal, providing we meet that and agree terms with him there shouldn't be any issue :confused:

Halmyre Hibee
15-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Looks very handy. He’ll probably get snapped up quickly by a Championship club, you would think.

Reminded me of Zemmama." His representatives have expressed a desire to explore alternative options". Get him round to the training centre

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44083453

CMurdoch
15-05-2018, 12:41 PM
He's murder

Kipre is your genuine bombscare who is always likely to give away a penalty or get sent of.
Efe is a very classy player who i love watching

jacomo
15-05-2018, 12:45 PM

He’s 34 now isn’t he?

He was promising and pacy with us and has had a good career. But he won’t be the same player nowadays.

I think this season has shown we need energy and mobility up front.

jacomo
15-05-2018, 12:47 PM
We have an agreed fee in place to purchase him from them as part of the loan deal, providing we meet that and agree terms with him there shouldn't be any issue :confused:

Unless you know what the agreed fee is, it is impossible to say.

Spanish contracts include a release fee but it doesn’t mean someone is prepared to pay it. Hibs may be hoping to negotiate with grasshoppers.

JimBHibees
15-05-2018, 12:47 PM

Yep looks like just a general statement about their loan players. Not sure it merited the Sun highlighting it. :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-05-2018, 12:53 PM

I thought we had the option to buy which may not be the same as we have a fee we have agreed to pay.

Iain G
15-05-2018, 01:19 PM
I thought we had the option to buy which may not be the same as we have a fee we have agreed to pay.

I would have thought we would have agreed that number though otherwise they just come back and ask for silly money and the whole agreement is pointless?

Iain G
15-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Unless you know what the agreed fee is, it is impossible to say.

Spanish contracts include a release fee but it doesn’t mean someone is prepared to pay it. Hibs may be hoping to negotiate with grasshoppers.

No but its as long as we meet that fee whatever it is then it works?

davhibby

Lennon said there's a fee that was agreed. My understanding of how an option to buy works is that a fee is agreed when the loan deal is aigned then if at the end of the loan we agree to pay that fee then he's ours and they can't really do much about it.

Iain G
Lennon said there's a fee that was agreed. My understanding of how an option to buy works is that a fee is agreed when the loan deal is aigned then if at the end of the loan we agree to pay that fee then he's ours and they can't really do much about it.

What he said 😁

JimBHibees
15-05-2018, 01:34 PM
I would have thought we would have agreed that number though otherwise they just come back and ask for silly money and the whole agreement is pointless?

Good point.

jacomo
15-05-2018, 01:54 PM
No but its as long as we meet that fee whatever it is then it works?

Well yes, but...

Again, without knowing the numbers, we are all just guessing here.

Iain G
15-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Well yes, but...

Again, without knowing the numbers, we are all just guessing here.

But we agree there is a number :greengrin

xyz23jc
15-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Yep looks like just a general statement about their loan players. Not sure it merited the Sun highlighting it. :greengrin

The The's will probably release a statement about it beggaring belief that it had the audacity to take up space set aside for stories about Steven Gerrard and the amount of times he will blow his nose over the course of the season or something like that! :greengrin

Baw187
15-05-2018, 02:19 PM
It read like the Grasshoppers quote was about them wanting to assess all loan players. Wasn’t anything specific re Kamberi so if a fee is already agreed then I expect his that’s a different matter.

They weren’t going to say ‘all loan players will come back except Kamberi and Boab, and Jimmy, who might stay where they are cause fees are arranged’.

Until we exercise our right to buy then he will go back as they plan.

hibbie02
15-05-2018, 02:24 PM
It read like the Grasshoppers quote was about them wanting to assess all loan players. Wasn’t anything specific re Kamberi so if a fee is already agreed then I expect his that’s a different matter.

They weren’t going to say ‘all loan players will come back except Kamberi and Boab, and Jimmy, who might stay where they are cause fees are arranged’.

Until we exercise our right to buy then he will go back as they plan.

Are Boab and Jimmy any good?

brog
15-05-2018, 02:24 PM

A few of us on here have been tracking him since his Dulwich days & IIRC one noted poster did advise Hibs of him. He's a wonderful player but is tiny, about 5 foot 4, & as you saw is completely left footed though what a left foot. I'm not sure he'll progress to Championship but doubt we would take a chance on him either, or him with us.

Baw187
15-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Are Boab and Jimmy any good?

Electric! But they’ve agreed to sell them to some other outfit so out of reach. [emoji16]

SChibs
15-05-2018, 02:36 PM
Agreed. Kipre is awful.

Guy on Twitter who's good at statistics and the like rates him very highly. Watches every game and has stats for winning/losing duels and pretty much every aspect of a players game.

I trust the guys judgement and he ranked Kipre as on of the top 4 defenders in the league this year.

ancient hibee
15-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Hibs will play cards close to chest as usual.Clearly Lennon was firing the first shots when he said regarding loanees that they will look closely at the various situations and that also of course it is likely that “there will be better available out there”.

Callum_62
15-05-2018, 04:39 PM
When does the tnf window in england close- i think its before there season has started

Might find out about Mcginn fairly quickly

Edit- think it opens 17th May and closes 9th August

Haymaker
15-05-2018, 05:21 PM
:hyper

mentalhibee
15-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Guy on Twitter who's good at statistics and the like rates him very highly. Watches every game and has stats for winning/losing duels and pretty much every aspect of a players game.

I trust the guys judgement and he ranked Kipre as on of the top 4 defenders in the league this year.

I rate him. Is he out of contract?

bingo70
15-05-2018, 05:25 PM
https://twitter.com/ttsportshq/status/996313405668712449?s=21

Sean1875
15-05-2018, 05:26 PM

£750k?! Think Petrie would go into cardiac arrest at the thought of paying that.

bingo70
15-05-2018, 05:29 PM
£750k?! Think Petrie would go into cardiac arrest at the thought of paying that.

I’ve no idea how reliable the twitter feed is but I’d suggest there’s no chance of us paying that.

More chance of us paying half that and having a 50% sell on clause or something similar to the Marciano deal.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-05-2018, 05:29 PM

Lol
Put that firmly in the Social Media Click Bait pile and move on with our lives

bingo70
15-05-2018, 05:30 PM
Lol

Don’t take this rumour away from me, I love being linked with exciting sounding foreigners.

Blocks Biloxi
15-05-2018, 05:31 PM

:greengrin

He's in the provisional Mexico world cup squad, and depending where you look he's either a left-back or a left-winger. If this is true it looks like we'll be sticking with 3-5-2.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2018, 05:34 PM
I see the Yams impressive summer recruitment drives continues apace....an ICT reserve [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Thecat23
15-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Don’t take this rumour away from me, I love being linked with exciting sounding foreigners.

You were the first person I thought of when I read this rumour 😂

we are hibs
15-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Didn't Kamberi say he was treated like **** at Grasshoppers?

500miles
15-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Lol

No chance. Jesus costs, Petrie saves.

Jones28
15-05-2018, 05:57 PM

Why do we clamour for ex players so much on here?

Naw, I'll take McLaren and Kamberi back.

bingo70
15-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Why do we clamour for ex players so much on here?

Naw, I'll take McLaren and Kamberi back.

They’re both ex players too.

Famous Fiver
15-05-2018, 06:32 PM
I was in Gregg's this morning.

The laddie from the building site next door was in. Huge transaction, Bacon baguettes (all with brown sauce), Rolls with sausage ( more brown sauce),
Six lattes and wait for it, a cappucino! Apple turnovers, Irn Bru, Cokes, and various other goodies.

Took ages and loads of discussions and I think, in all honesty, the assistant just guessed a price.

No football transactions or gossip though.

The laddie definitely didn't look like a footballer, but looked as if he had enjoyed a bacon butty with the best of them.

Have to get on a 26 bus if I really want to find out what's going on.

Tobias Funke
15-05-2018, 06:36 PM

Didn’t belong to us though :wink::greengrin

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 06:40 PM

I love these sort of rumours.

SChibs
15-05-2018, 06:41 PM
I rate him. Is he out of contract?

He was on a 1 year deal which motherwell extended almost immediately. He then continued to play well and they offered him another extension I think. Was called up to the Ivory Coast squad on the back of his motherwell performances. Only 21 too

Ozyhibby
15-05-2018, 06:44 PM

https://youtu.be/y5Ty9FN8wJs

Yes please.

ian cruise
15-05-2018, 06:53 PM

You were the first person I thought of when I saw the rumour

Unseen work
15-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Jesus Gallardo? Now that is the sort of rumour you want!!!

750k though? Safe to say that won’t be happening.

Some random “rumour” page on twitter also saying Scott Mctominau on loan.....things are about to get silly.

Wilson
15-05-2018, 07:05 PM
It won't be Jesus Gallardo. It'll be someone else called Gallardo and when Rod was told to fork out £750k he said "Jesus!"

IGRIGI
15-05-2018, 07:05 PM
If Jesus Gallardo signed I'd be ripping the tap aff it with that level of flair on show.

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 08:11 PM
A midfield of:
McGinn
Slivka Gallardo
Allan

😍
Just give us the league trophy.

Diclonius
15-05-2018, 08:15 PM

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

Michael
15-05-2018, 08:26 PM

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

Easily affordable with the McGinn money.

CMurdoch
15-05-2018, 08:32 PM

After the Rangers fiasco Mexican clubs are looking to ditch their "flatter to deceive" players on other gullible Scottish clubs.
A wee video of said deceiver with some gid music and between 750k and 2 million quid is theirs.
Imagine how much Ted McMinn would be worth wi wan o they skill clip videos!

Jones28
15-05-2018, 08:32 PM

Stop being facetious

Diclonius
15-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Easily affordable with the McGinn money.

Why would we spend it all on one player?

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 08:46 PM
After the Rangers fiasco Mexican clubs are looking to ditch their "flatter to deceive" players on other gullible Scottish clubs.
A wee video of said deceiver with some gid music and between 750k and 2 million quid is theirs.
Imagine how much Ted McMinn would be worth wi wan o they skill clip videos!

Super Ted McMinn

WhileTheChief..
15-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Is everyone at ER on their holidays now? I’m thinking no news until June 1 when I guess loan players will return to their parent clubs and players out of contract will simply disappear?

bingo70
15-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Is everyone at ER on their holidays now? I’m thinking no news until June 1 when I guess loan players will return to their parent clubs and players out of contract will simply disappear?

Lennon mentioned in his post match interview that George Craig said he’d see him first thing the next morning and his response was ‘no chance’......he’d be having a few days break before getting going again.

Bloody cheek when he’d just had the Thursday and Friday off.......

(Obviously I’m only kidding, thought I better point that out)

CMurdoch
15-05-2018, 09:09 PM

This guy is available on loan for £3k a week and looks a sensation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzoQsXy35c

Michael
15-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Why would we spend it all on one player?

Think we'll get more than 750k for McGinn, even with St. Mirren's cut.

CraigHibee
15-05-2018, 09:35 PM
No chance. Jesus crosses, Petrie saves.

:wink:

southsider
15-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Super Ted McMinn

Only the huns would change the name of a guy named Kevin to 'Ted'.

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 09:41 PM
It'll be interesting to see how quick we start working on bringing players in, Saturdays result will probably impact this.

Iain G
15-05-2018, 09:47 PM

The new De la Cruz? Buy cheapish and sell for inflated price post world cup?

Heisenberg
16-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Both Dundee clubs interested in signing Simon Murray. Can’t say i’d be desperate to keep him.

Souter96Mac
16-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Both Dundee clubs interested in signing Simon Murray. Can’t say i’d be desperate to keep him.

If they come in with a decent fee for him, I wouldn't be too bothered. If not, think he'd make a decent backup for next year.

Callum_62
16-05-2018, 07:13 AM
Rangers have signed 1, Hearts have signed 3

PETRIE!!

southern hibby
16-05-2018, 07:14 AM

I would be interested in keeping him would make a decent sub with his pace for Maclaren ( if we sign him ) and I feel he would do well with Kembari running the line with him.

We know he’s capable of goals and I wouldn’t imagine he’ll be on much which would allow us to spend where it will be needed to bolster the squad.

GGTTH

lionrampant63
16-05-2018, 07:16 AM
Only the huns would change the name of a guy named Kevin to 'Ted'.
In all fairness,i played in same school team (-13’s) as him and also worked at same sawmill as him b4 he signed for the currant buns & he was called Ted then.

Callum_62
16-05-2018, 07:27 AM
If celtic win cup, is our first leg of Europa qualifying 28th June?

HibeeDaz6270
16-05-2018, 07:33 AM
If celtic win cup, is our first leg of Europa qualifying 28th June?

12th of July

neil7908
16-05-2018, 07:39 AM

I don't want to be harsh on Simon as he gave his all for us and scored some important goals. That being said, I think we've seen the difference between Kamberi and McLaren vs Murray and Stokes.

No issues with Murray being part of the squad and better players around him may well help his game but I'd be disappointed to start the season with him as our main striker.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2018, 07:42 AM

Anyone at Dundee we could trade him with, don’t think there’s anyone at United worth having though?

Heisenberg
16-05-2018, 07:42 AM
I don't want to be harsh on Simon as he gave his all for us and scored some important goals. That being said, I think we've seen the difference between Kamberi and McLaren vs Murray and Stokes.

No issues with Murray being part of the squad and better players around him may well help his game but I'd be disappointed to start the season with him as our main striker.

Yeah I’d definitely agree. Don’t think he’s good enough to be starting every week for us and I’d imagine he’ll want to play games regularly. His signing was a bit of a gamble and as you say he gave us some big goals, but the goals soon dried up and he ended up losing his place to Shaw. Don’t see us keeping him.

J-C
16-05-2018, 07:47 AM
Simon Murray was a wee punt by Lennon, he'll not be on much money but he's still very raw and maybe hasn't improved enough for where we need to be, we have 2 back up players in Shaw and Lewis Allan, one very good and the other seems to have improved enough to get a new deal.

calumhibee1
16-05-2018, 07:51 AM

Agree. We’ve been shown with Flo and Maclaren what we’re capable of getting. Murray is nowhere near the level we need and should be 4th choice at best.

JimboHibs
16-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Simon Murray was a wee punt by Lennon, he'll not be on much money but he's still very raw and maybe hasn't improved enough for where we need to be, we have 2 back up players in Shaw and Lewis Allan, one very good and the other seems to have improved enough to get a new deal.

How much is he on ?? do you wish to share or are you making an assumption on his wages.

One Day Soon
16-05-2018, 07:59 AM
I was in Gregg's this morning.

The laddie from the building site next door was in. Huge transaction, Bacon baguettes (all with brown sauce), Rolls with sausage ( more brown sauce),
Six lattes and wait for it, a cappucino! Apple turnovers, Irn Bru, Cokes, and various other goodies.

Took ages and loads of discussions and I think, in all honesty, the assistant just guessed a price.

No football transactions or gossip though.

The laddie definitely didn't look like a footballer, but looked as if he had enjoyed a bacon butty with the best of them.

Have to get on a 26 bus if I really want to find out what's going on.

The building site laddie sounds like he could do a job for us. A backup for Kitman Tam possibly or, on hungrier days, perhaps in the Barry Lavety role?

Jones28
16-05-2018, 08:15 AM
The building site laddie sounds like he could do a job for us. A backup for Kitman Tam possibly or, on hungrier days, perhaps in the Barry Lavety role?

I'd forgotten what .net could be like in he closed season.

Now, my fish-man has chapped the door, so I'm away to see what he's got to say about Ivan Sproule coming back.

brog
16-05-2018, 08:18 AM

I agree but we haven't seen Kamberi & Murray. Much though I'll always love Stokesie for that day he was a waste of a jersey this season. He played well in some games but disappeared totally in too many others. Meanwhile Murray was effectively playing up front on his own, this meant he had to be a target man, run in behind & was also expected to get on the end of crosses into the box. Jamie has had the benefit of playing beside the outstanding Kamberi who does all the hard graft & allows Jamie to be the effective goal poacher he is. Simon's still a work in progress, he's undoubtedly very raw but he has great pace & energy. I'd certainly be happy with him as a squad player, no tiring defence would look forward to him coming on in the latter stages of a game.

eastcoasthibby
16-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Not convinced about Murray missed a few good chances with us and from what I have seen on tv highlights albeit mostly he has been missing quite a few good chances ..just.dont think he is the answer to rely on going forward and progressing !!

J-C
16-05-2018, 08:55 AM
How much is he on ?? do you wish to share or are you making an assumption on his wages.

Like almost everyone on this site no one knows exactly what players wages are but coming from where he was he'll definitely not be a huge earner in the squad.
We accepted an offer from Turkey for him in January but he declined and we were happy to let him go on loan as part of the Allan deal, so I'd assume we'd be willing to listen to offers for him.

Johnny_Leith
16-05-2018, 09:07 AM
I'd rather Oli Shaw be given a chance over a returning Simon Murray. I like Simon, but Oli has potential to be something special and we need to nurture our younger players. I'd still expect a couple forwards to be signed.

wookie70
16-05-2018, 09:34 AM
We have had plenty worse than Simon M. Let's see what we get in terms of potential replacements before getting rid of a striker who did a decent job for us.

Smartie
16-05-2018, 09:49 AM
We have had plenty worse than Simon M. Let's see what we get in terms of potential replacements before getting rid of a striker who did a decent job for us.

Murray started well for us but before he left he wasn't getting the game time he needed.

He'll have played more at Dundee, so may have improved a bit.

I wouldn't be against him coming back and fighting for a place.

We've had much, much worse than him in the past.

Diclonius
16-05-2018, 09:53 AM
We would have killed for a player like Simon Murray in 13-14.

Ozyhibby
16-05-2018, 10:12 AM
No matter what we think of Murray it’s clear Lennon does not see him as the answer.
It was clear the whole window in January that we were keen to move him on. I doubt there is a way back for him now and I think he will be away this summer.

IGRIGI
16-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Don't see Murray staying but I'd like to see him stay on as I think he'd link up well with Kamberi if required

SouthMoroccoStu
16-05-2018, 10:33 AM
I can certainly remember a good few times that Simon was incorrectly flagged offside by the incompetent officials in this country - these incorrect decisions will have had an inpact on his stats and peoples perception of his skills and ability

I think we've be too light on the striker front in the last few months - if Flo or Jamie had got an injury we would have been in trouble

I would love to see Murray, McLaren, Kamberi and Shaw all here next year - maybe even another into the mix

JimboHibs
16-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Like almost everyone on this site no one knows exactly what players wages are but coming from where he was he'll definitely not be a huge earner in the squad.
We accepted an offer from Turkey for him in January but he declined and we were happy to let him go on loan as part of the Allan deal, so I'd assume we'd be willing to listen to offers for him.

He didn't decline,Lennon said the club had received an offer which they turned down,Simon said he was happy to fight for his place.
Back to his wages again your assuming he's on a low wage when really you've no idea !

scoopyboy
16-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Don't see Murray staying but I'd like to see him stay on as I think he'd link up well with Kamberi if required

I think Murray will be here until we have signed strikers, only then I think will we let him go.

Dashing Bob S
16-05-2018, 10:37 AM
I think Murray will be here until we have signed strikers, only then I think will we let him go.

Gutted as I loved the song

jacomo
16-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Gutted as I loved the song

Flo Kamberi scans quite well.

brog
16-05-2018, 10:39 AM
No matter what we think of Murray it’s clear Lennon does not see him as the answer.
It was clear the whole window in January that we were keen to move him on. I doubt there is a way back for him now and I think he will be away this summer.

Lennon changes his mind quite a lot, last week being the extreme example. Marvin was a permanent fixture then never started after March. Danny had no future, now I believe he's back in favour. Lewis Allan was being released, got another year. I agree if we get a decent offer Simon will be gone but I'm not sure either of the Dundee clubs will fit that bill.

CRAZYHIBBY
16-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Looks like kamberi going back to grasshoppers... they want to keep him

RoxburghHibs
16-05-2018, 11:05 AM

Strange as Lennon said deal already agreed?

McIntosh
16-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Strange things have been known to happen but his house hunting in Edinburgh suggests he is staying. Where did you hear this info as it’s running completely counter to very reliable sources on here.

Callum_62
16-05-2018, 11:11 AM

Dont think its up to them- unless we cant agree wages

Believe we already have transfer fee agreed

Iain G
16-05-2018, 11:17 AM

Sauce? :greengrin

Brightside
16-05-2018, 11:22 AM
Strange things have been known to happen but his house hunting in Edinburgh suggests he is staying. Where did you hear this info as it’s running completely counter to very reliable sources on here.

His house buying.

ian cruise
16-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Anyone at Dundee we could trade him with, don’t think there’s anyone at United worth having though?

More importantly, is there anyone at Dundee that Darmstadt would want? We know how to play that game....

AlbertK86
16-05-2018, 11:32 AM
His house buying. subtle..... Like it 👏👏👏👏

Thecat23
16-05-2018, 11:34 AM

He’ll be at Hibs next season. People need to relax on this one. 👍🏼

J-C
16-05-2018, 11:37 AM
He didn't decline,Lennon said the club had received an offer which they turned down,Simon said he was happy to fight for his place.
Back to his wages again your assuming he's on a low wage when really you've no idea !

So do you think Murray will be one of the top earners at ER, an untried very raw rookie striker being a top earner, nope I don't think he will be.