PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

JDT
09-06-2018, 10:16 AM
No offence,but it's difficult to understand how a photographer would be in the know.

I'm just passing on what I heard mate. I'm not going to go into how much in the know he is but he's at every game home and away and his photos were included in the cup final photo book. He knows a few players also but time will tell if he's correct or not.

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 10:19 AM
No offence,but it's difficult to understand how a photographer would be in the know.

Perhaps he is able to see the bigger picture, many are connected to Hibs, so dont discount anyones news told with the best of intentions.

itslegaltender
09-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Perhaps he is able to see the bigger picture, many are connected to Hibs, so dont discount anyones news told with the best of intentions.

Just need to see how it develops

Greenworld
09-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Very odd post - you begin by correctly pointing out the complexity of the situation and then you want to boil it down to an over simplification like the bit in bold.

It's not a case of fixing one thing and I'd be shocked (and to be fair awe inspired) if that's all sorted out next week.
I'll be happy if even 2 of the above are resolved.

To be fair though time is not our friend if we were just concentrating on league business fair enough but if we are to have a fair crack at Europe then we need things sorted quicker than perhaps we would otherwise expect.

KWJ
09-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Plymouth stayed in League 1 last year. All the non premier league teams benefit from an increased TV deal from season 2019 though. Big bucks, which unless we get better, will mean another flow of players from Scotland, to Championship and below clubs

They’ll get £600m over 5 years. Think the Scottish deal is currently worth less than £19m per season

600m over 5 years among 72 clubs is less than 2m each.

Probably doesn't work quite that way but still.

danhibees1875
09-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Just need to see how it develops

He shouldn't be spooling the beans on transfer targets though.

oneone73
09-06-2018, 10:41 AM
I'm just passing on what I heard mate. I'm not going to go into how much in the know he is but he's at every game home and away and his photos were included in the cup final photo book. He knows a few players also but time will tell if he's correct or not.

Thanks for this. Really hope he's right.

southern hibby
09-06-2018, 11:03 AM
To many negotives on here. Folk should just lighten up and zoom in to the bigger picture rather than focus on little snap shots of what may or may not happen. You never know McGinn May sign for us or even lens before this transfer window has clicked shut.

GGTTH

Smartie
09-06-2018, 11:12 AM
These puns need to f stop.

Captain Trips
09-06-2018, 11:19 AM
I welcome the rumours ITK posters I believe are just that. The day they post sonething maybe factual at that time and they may well be only a select few that know that. Transfers can change at anytime so that is just one of those things.

Dr What If?
09-06-2018, 11:49 AM
I welcome the rumours ITK posters I believe are just that. The day they post sonething maybe factual at that time and they may well be only a select few that know that. Transfers can change at anytime so that is just one of those things.
I agree, the best thing about this site are the rumours that get posted, ITK or otherwise. Always worth remembering that a situation can be read differently by different people and what may have been true yesterday can change today.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-06-2018, 12:56 PM

Its just punbelievable how long its gone on

Hibbyradge
09-06-2018, 01:10 PM

Agreed. We need to retain our focus.

Bostonhibby
09-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Agreed. We need to retain our focus.All punsters need punting.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 01:26 PM
No pun intended and I am by no means in the know but I did here we may be interested in a forward from "Lens"

danhibees1875
09-06-2018, 01:38 PM
No pun intended and I am by no means in the know but I did here we may be interested in a forward from "Lens"

"What do you think Neil, is he aperture plan?"

A Hi-Bee
09-06-2018, 01:42 PM
"What do you think Neil, is he aperture plan?"

Heard he was very focused and can go past other players in the blink of an eye. Very fast shuttering speed.

Eyrie
09-06-2018, 02:18 PM
So does this mean that we're definitely interested in the Dundee player, Kamara?

#persevered
09-06-2018, 02:21 PM
So does this mean that we're definitely interested in the Dundee player, Kamara?

It will be interesting to see what develops.

WoreTheGreen
09-06-2018, 02:22 PM
These puns are red eye bleeding stuff

Dalianwanda
09-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Another thread ****ed by crap puns..

AgentDaleCooper
09-06-2018, 02:47 PM
this is doing my head in now. i need to go lie down in a dark room.

Squealing pig
09-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Any news on barker or was that another flash in the pan

Since90+2
09-06-2018, 02:57 PM

Forgetting the ***** puns for a minute I hope we are , looks a very good player when I've seen him.

truehibernian
09-06-2018, 03:00 PM
Forgetting the ***** puns for a minute I hope we are , looks a very good player when I've seen him.

I spoke with someone last week who said we are very keen but it would command a sizeable fee. Simon Murray potentially going as a makeweight. I think it’s exavtly what we need if we lose SJM in particular. He’s industrious and technically good with the ball.

Since90+2
09-06-2018, 03:04 PM
I spoke with someone last week who said we are very keen but it would command a sizeable fee. Simon Murray potentially going as a makeweight. I think it’s exavtly what we need if we lose SJM in particular. He’s industrious and technically good with the ball.

Agree potentially be good replacement if we lose midfield players but I think he is abit more defensively minded than McGinn. He can sign a pre contract bin January so Dundee's negotiating position is weakened slightly.

Jim Herriot
09-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Another thread ****ed by crap puns..

Don't be so negative.

Ho ho ho! See what I did there! I made a pun, or a play on the word "negative!" Amn't I witty!

Yes, maybe we should have a separate, parallel, thread for puns over the summer. Plus, a name like Ryan Williamson doesn't have obvious pun potential.

truehibernian
09-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Agree potentially be good replacement if we lose midfield players but I think he is abit more defensively minded than McGinn. He can sign a pre contract bin January so Dundee's negotiating position is weakened slightly.

I agree and that was my point too. In Mallan, SA and Slivka we would have good threat and creativity, along with Boyle. I think we’ll add another winger/wide player. Defensively he’d be good to have along with Bartley - doing the busy ‘dirty’ work to let the others play. I think we’ll see some ‘left field’ signings too. I’d like a good quality left back to test Lewis - with height to him because we are still poor at set pieces in my opinion.

stoneyburn hibs
09-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Kamara would be a decent addition, could be easier to get the deal through if Murray is a makeweight.

Diclonius
09-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Don't be so negative.

Ho ho ho! See what I did there! I made a pun, or a play on the word "negative!" Amn't I witty!

Yes, maybe we should have a separate, parallel, thread for puns over the summer. Plus, a name like Ryan Williamson doesn't have obvious pun potential.

Done.

Oscar T Grouch
09-06-2018, 03:20 PM
There was a Dundee fan on the terrace podcast saying that Dundee are looking for about £1.5m for Kamara and thinks he’s going down to a Championship club. If that’s what they value him at we will probably be pushed out of that deal sadly.

RoxburghHibs
09-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Any news on barker or was that another flash in the pan
Hopefully a loan deal can be agreed. Depends if City want to cash in on him or not J guess.

CockneyRebel
09-06-2018, 03:39 PM
There was a Dundee fan on the terrace podcast saying that Dundee are looking for about £1.5m for Kamara and thinks he’s going down to a Championship club. If that’s what they value him at we will probably be pushed out of that deal sadly.

I think you should have made that definitely.

Jack Hackett
09-06-2018, 03:53 PM

Hertz valued Driver at £5m... Just saying likes :wink:

ancient hibee
09-06-2018, 04:05 PM
They’d be struggling to get £1.5m for the whole team.He’s deluded.

erin go bragh
09-06-2018, 04:11 PM
They’d be struggling to get £1.5m for the whole team.He’s deluded.
I’m sure they knocked back a 1m bid for a different player last season.

Barney McGrew
09-06-2018, 04:21 PM
I’m sure they knocked back a 1m bid for a different player last season.

Steven Caulker

Borderhibbie76
09-06-2018, 04:40 PM
As frustrated as we all are ,waiting for news. Imagine being in the hibs directors room trying to plan.

Not knowing if we are to loose :
Dylan
John mcginn
Kamberi
Mclaren
Effe
Allan

It's a frightening thought which needs resolved next week at the latest if we have to to replace some or all and be ready for European football.

Sent from my SM-G903F using TapatalkIt's what 4 weeks on Thurs till our 1st European tie...as you say most of the above need resolved and resolved quickly...we need signings in the door soon if we are to make an impact in Europe...and by impact I am meaning getting through at least the 1st round

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sioux
09-06-2018, 04:48 PM
It's what 4 weeks on Thurs till our 1st European tie...as you say most of the above need resolved and resolved quickly...we need signings in the door soon if we are to make an impact in Europe...and by impact I am meaning getting through at least the 1st round

The first team squad won't be done and dusted by the European tie.

truehibernian
09-06-2018, 04:48 PM
It's what 4 weeks on Thurs till our 1st European tie...as you say most of the above need resolved and resolved quickly...we need signings in the door soon if we are to make an impact in Europe...and by impact I am meaning getting through at least the 1st round

Under George Craig, Graeme Mathie and LD have Hibs ever let the fans down when it comes to getting talent in the door prior to competitive football being played ? Players and agents are on holiday and I’m 100% positive the bulk of the negotiations have already been done for a few signings. I think we’ll sign real quality this summer. Have faith and patience.

Borderhibbie76
09-06-2018, 04:54 PM
The first team squad won't be done and dusted by the European tie.I'm not even expecting that but we do need a few bodies in the door before 12th July...as it stands we don't have a fit first team keeper and Simon Murray is our main striker?? We can't expect to go into Europe like that...so am pretty sure we will see activity over the next few weeks otherwise we can forget am impact in Europe imo.

Juniper Greens
09-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Under George Craig, Graeme Mathie and LD have Hibs ever let the fans down when it comes to getting talent in the door prior to competitive football being played ? Players and agents are on holiday and I’m 100% positive the bulk of the negotiations have already been done for a few signings. I think we’ll sign real quality this summer. Have faith and patience.

To be fair, whilst I think they have been great for the club, we went into the Brondby game a little underprepared in the goalkeeping department

Borderhibbie76
09-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Under George Craig, Graeme Mathie and LD have Hibs ever let the fans down when it comes to getting talent in the door prior to competitive football being played ? Players and agents are on holiday and I’m 100% positive the bulk of the negotiations have already been done for a few signings. I think we’ll sign real quality this summer. Have faith and patience.Agreed I was just stating it's now only a month till the 1st Euro tie so we could be doing with getting a few bodies in over next few weeks if we are gonna take the euro ties seriously

Billy Whizz
09-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Agreed I was just stating it's now only a month till the 1st Euro tie so we could be doing with getting a few bodies in over next few weeks if we are gonna take the euro ties seriously

Think we are, Lennon’s days we’re aiming for the group stages😄

Borderhibbie76
09-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Think we are, Lennon’s days we’re aiming for the group stages[emoji1]Tough ask imo mate...that means getting thru 4 rounds I think?? We would need a very kind draw I think

Johnny_Leith
09-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Steven Caulker

There is a deal in place with Celtic already, apparently.

Unseen work
09-06-2018, 05:45 PM
I have mentioned a couple of times about signing Kamara as a replacement for McGeouch however I think we have left it too late and will be priced out any potential deal for him. Even including Simon Murray.

There’s not many players that have the ability/confidence to do what Kamara and Mcgeouch do in Scotland so could be hard replacing him.

I think a new style to our midfield is more likely than replacing players like for like.

eastmainsmsh
09-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Kenny Miller Kamberi Murray Shaw

Eyrie
09-06-2018, 06:12 PM
The players don't report back for training until 18 June, so I'm not going to worry about the lack of actual as opposed to rumoured signings until then. And I'm confident* that we'll have a couple announced before that date.

In the meantime, puns are a .net tradition on a par with Greggs, the heli-pad, bed-wetting and not attending MK Dons games.

*Based on absolutely nothing other than blind optimism, so I'm not responsible if there isn't any news by then :na na:

JimboHibs
09-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Yes the season where we started without a recognised No1 goalkeeper.

Wilson
09-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Kenny Miller Kamberi Murray Shaw

Kamberi is a starter. The other three would be squad players. We'd still need a decent first choice striker in.

GreenLake
09-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Don't be so negative.

He is quite good in the air if we can land him.

Dalianwanda
09-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Don't be so negative.

Our wish has come true :greengrin

Only know what people have posted on here about Williamson, sounds like he has great potential though...If were paying a fee as reported we must be keen.

DavidDavidGray
09-06-2018, 07:41 PM
Got a lot of mates that are Dunfermline fans and they can’t see why we’re going for Williamson. They say he’s alright attacking wise and has a decent cross but he can not defend.

Saying that, if he is signed I obviously hope he proves them all wrong and is class for us.

Hermit Crab
09-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Got a lot of mates that are Dunfermline fans and they can’t see why we’re going for Williamson. They say he’s alright attacking wise and has a decent cross but he can not defend.

Saying that, if he is signed I obviously hope he proves them all wrong and is class for us.

Theres always a chance that perhaps better coaching from us would improve him defensively as a player?

stevie-bee
09-06-2018, 10:10 PM
1 of my mates sons plays for the pars and he goes to all there games I text him and asked what he thought of Williamson here is his reply

He is decent mate but In my opinion not good enough for hibs. Really fast and gets to the bye line a lot but his delivery is poor and isn’t the best defensively. Doesn’t really like a tackle either

Hermit Crab
09-06-2018, 10:15 PM
What 1 of my mates sons plays for the pars and he goes to all there games I text him and asked what he thought of Williamson here is his reply

He is decent mate but In my opinion not good enough for hibs. Really fast and gets to the bye line a lot but his delivery is poor and isn’t the best defensively. Doesn’t really like a tackle either

I still think with our coaching and facilities he'd improve as a player at Hibs. He's still young!

3pm
09-06-2018, 10:24 PM
I still think with our coaching and facilities he'd improve as a player at Hibs. He's still young!

If yer 20+ and cannae defend in the championship, you shouldn’t be on our radar.

Hermit Crab
09-06-2018, 11:22 PM
If yer 20+ and cannae defend in the championship, you shouldn’t be on our radar.

To be fair we haven't really seen him play have we. We are taking text messages to be gospel.

Sioux
09-06-2018, 11:50 PM
Lets sign a pile of lower league crap and pretend to ourselves that they're the dugs danglies.

Wonder where I've hard that before :hmmm:

EskbankHibby
10-06-2018, 12:01 AM
Lets sign a pile of lower league crap and pretend to ourselves that they're the dugs danglies.

By pile do you mean one player (Williamson)?

Do you think Hibs signing strategy should be established internationalists only?

That’s the budget ****ed after one player, what next?

Not having a pop, genuinely interested as to where we should be ‘shopping’.

Captain Trips
10-06-2018, 01:09 AM

The last few seasons a team from the SPL could have signed our players whom were lower league plenty of our players would have improved clubs in higher league. There are plenty of players in all leagues more than capable of stepping up.

NOLA
10-06-2018, 01:35 AM

Sounds like Callum Booth

Haymaker
10-06-2018, 02:55 AM
:hyper

J-C
10-06-2018, 05:11 AM
1 of my mates sons plays for the pars and he goes to all there games I text him and asked what he thought of Williamson here is his reply

If he doesn't like a tackle he'll not change no matter what coaching he gets, we need cover at RB as Boyle is getting wasted playing there right now.

Allant1981
10-06-2018, 07:16 AM
If he doesn't like a tackle he'll not change no matter what coaching he gets, we need cover at RB as Boyle is getting wasted playing there right now.

do we really need more cover, gray, ambrose, whittaker and boyle can all cover that position

Ozyhibby
10-06-2018, 07:35 AM
do we really need more cover, gray, ambrose, whittaker and boyle can all cover that position

Gray rarely fit, Whittaker not good enough and ambrose and Boyle not full backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooster
10-06-2018, 07:39 AM
Gray rarely fit, Whittaker not good enough and ambrose and Boyle not full backs.

Whittaker not good enough? Did you actually watch any Hibs games in the last 3 months?

JimBHibees
10-06-2018, 07:39 AM

:faf: Dear oh dear.

Wilson
10-06-2018, 07:42 AM

Ambrose might not be staying, Gray is finished, and Whittaker is never a right back.

Lennon would be right to look for cover but also for someone who is going to do the job for the longer term.

At 22 and with a good number of games played Ryan Williamson might be that man.

Allant1981
10-06-2018, 07:47 AM
Ambrose might not be staying, Gray is finished, and Whittaker is never a right back.

Lennon would be right to look for cover but also for someone who is going to do the job for the longer term.

sorry but most of that post is just rubbish

Allant1981
10-06-2018, 07:51 AM

im pretty sure david gray has played well over 100 games for us since he signed, not bad for being "rarely fit" whittaker is more than good enough to cover, ambrose again is more than capable of covering the position and then boyle also when playing as wing back

Hiber-nation
10-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Whittaker is never a right back.

Never??? I must have been watching a different Steven Whittaker for all these years then.

Ronniekirk
10-06-2018, 07:54 AM
Whittaker not good enough? Did you actually watch any Hibs games in the last 3 months?

Lacks pace is probably the bigger issue with him and Williamson seems to have that and Effie out right wasn't working and Lennon himself said that
Not fussed at present re Williamson but if the recruitment team think they can improve him then have an open mind

brog
10-06-2018, 08:04 AM
We already have a full back from the Pars who is not great defensively but is excellent going forward. I expect Sean Mackie to be challenging for a place this season. I'm fine with us signing lower league players though a balance is required. Martin Boyle's done not too badly for an ex Montrose player.

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2018, 08:32 AM

Whittaker has had a no bad career as a right back for someone who is “never a right back”

GreenCastle
10-06-2018, 08:38 AM
We already have a full back from the Pars who is not great defensively but is excellent going forward. I expect Sean Mackie to be challenging for a place this season. I'm fine with us signing lower league players though a balance is required. Martin Doyle's done not too badly for an ex Montrose player.

Sean Mackie impressed whenever I watched the Academy games.

I actually thought Efe was excellent at right back - the question is will he be here next season ??

Gray only time will tell how he is after injury but like SW lacks pace. SW did finish the season pretty well.

I’ve got a feeling this coming week we will hear about new arrivals.

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2018, 08:46 AM

I actually thought Efe was excellent at right back - the question is will he be here next season ??

Gray only time will tell how he is after injury but like SW lacks pace. SW did finish the season pretty well.

Efe was ‘ok’ at right back. I felt he was much better when part of a back 3

madhatter
10-06-2018, 09:01 AM

Is Sean Mackie not a LB though? There are rumours we are singing a RB - Williamson - not sure the connection.

eastcoasthibby
10-06-2018, 09:06 AM

1.5 million for him and there is a debate about McGinn being woryh 3 million ....Kamara seems steady but nothing special and that money says that he should be ...Scott Allen £500 k ...? Kamara nowhere near Scotty so real value might be £200 k ...but really not fussed about him ..but.if NL see's it so be it

Brooster
10-06-2018, 09:07 AM
We already have a full back from the Pars who is not great defensively but is excellent going forward. I expect Sean Mackie to be challenging for a place this season. I'm fine with us signing lower league players though a balance is required. Martin Doyle's done not too badly for an ex Montrose player.

Who is the full back we have from the Pars? I cant think who you mean. I was at the Penicuik v Tranent Junior final yesterday and got speaking to a Pars season ticket holder. He said Williamson is no great shakes. Good going forward but cant defend.

overdrive
10-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Our major criticism of Whittaker first time round was that he “couldn’t defend” and was essentially a winger converted into a full back.

He went on to have a more than decent career playing in both full back positions at teams which were big clubs at the time. In fact we struggled to replace him until we signed Gray. Modern full backs tend to play like converted wingers anyway. I’m sure I read Gray was a winger until Man Utd pushed him back to right back.

I’m happy to give this Williamson gadgey a try. He probably won’t cost us a lot in terms of wages.

Greenworld
10-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Reading the LD comments and the increasing number of teams allegedly interested in John McGinn you have to think that the fee will be near the valuation and transform our position to complete signings .
TC did you here anymore on Mallan

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
10-06-2018, 09:51 AM
1.5 million for him and there is a debate about McGinn being woryh 3 million ....Kamara seems steady but nothing special and that money says that he should be ...Scott Allen £500 k ...? Kamara nowhere near Scotty so real value might be £200 k ...but really not fussed about him ..but.if NL see's it so be it

I think the McGinn debate isn't about what he's worth so much as what we'll actually get.

brog
10-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Who is the full back we have from the Pars? I cant think who you mean. I was at the Penicuik v Tranent Junior final yesterday and got speaking to a Pars season ticket holder. He said Williamson is no great shakes. Good going forward but cant defend.

Sean Mackie, left back but I think he could do a job further forward.

DavidDavidGray
10-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Sean Mackie, left back but I think he could do a job further forward.

Was he not from Raith?

brog
10-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Is Sean Mackie not a LB though? There are rumours we are singing a RB - Williamson - not sure the connection.

The connection is we're linked with another FB from the Pars & both appear to be stronger going forward than defensively.

brog
10-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Was he not from Raith?

Possibly but everybody's a neebor in Fife! :wink:

J-C
10-06-2018, 10:57 AM

Gray been injury prone recently, Ambrose is a CB who can cover at RB but never looks comfortable there, Whittaker is getting even older and slower as the days go on and Boyle is a striker/winger who's been playing as a wingback recently to the detriment of his own game as an attacking forward.

I personally think Ambrose will be away, Whittaker should get less game time as he's just not good enough and can we rely on Gray's fitness?

eastcoasthibby
10-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Sean Mackie impressed whenever I watched the Academy games.I actually thought Efe was excellent at right back - the question is will he be here next season ??Gray only time will tell how he is after injury but like SW lacks pace. SW did finish the season pretty well. I’ve got a feeling this coming week we will hear about new arrivals.Sean Mackie if iremember rightly came from Raith and is a LB ..he a fair bit kf the time in our development team has been spent not being second choice behind Callum Crane who has been deemed not good enough, and IMO what ihave seen off Sean hasnt made me think he is on the verge even of being in the first team thinking ! Decent physique, left foot delivery reasonably quick but a bit to go.As for RB position for all the reasons given we need someone to cover the right side wingback and RB role so maybe Williamson is worth a punt see if he.has development potential and while we are at it we still need LB competition/cover for Lewis !!

Hibee Mac
10-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Gray been injury prone recently, Ambrose is a CB who can cover at RB but never looks comfortable there, Whittaker is getting even older and slower as the days go on and Boyle is a striker/winger who's been playing as a wingback recently to the detriment of his own game as an attacking forward.

I personally think Ambrose will be away, Whittaker should get less game time as he's just not good enough and can we rely on Gray's fitness?

All perfectly legitimate points and it would make sense to me why we would be looking at right back.

Tyler Durden
10-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Martin Boyle has been brilliant at wing back. The January signings meant that 3-5-2 was by far our most effective system. Mainly because it suits Scott Allan and if he’s back I can’t see us changing from a 3-5-2 next season.

Not really sure where you see Boyle fitting in if he’s not playing right wing back? Far from this role being to his detriment, it’s been great for him. The way Hibs are balanced his role as RWB is barely different from a right winger anyway.

On a separate note I can’t believe how many people are ready to write off David Gray.

J-C
10-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Martin Boyle has been brilliant at wing back. The January signings meant that 3-5-2 was by far our most effective system. Mainly because it suits Scott Allan and if he’s back I can’t see us changing from a 3-5-2 next season.

Not really sure where you see Boyle fitting in if he’s not playing right wing back? Far from this role being to his detriment, it’s been great for him. The way Hibs are balanced his role as RWB is barely different from a right winger anyway.

On a separate note I can’t believe how many people are ready to write off David Gray.
I think as a wingback he's expected to do to much tracking back to defend to the detriment of his attacking game, Boyle is better suited to a 4-3-3 set up which would also suit Allan as a 3-5-2 plays with 3 midfielders also.

If Lennon is looking at a right back it'll mean he sees that as a position needing covered. I don't think the shape if the team made us any better after January it was the introduction of the new players which did that.

Smartie
10-06-2018, 07:14 PM
Boyle has just had his best season yet.

When we play 3-5-2 it suits our current players perfectly (well - the players we had during the second half of last season).

Efe is outstanding on the right of a 3 - I don't think he looks anything like as comfortable either in the middle or on the right of a 4.

Boyle has consistently been superb at wingback and I've never seen us caught out defensively with him there, nor do I think it stunts his attacking threat.

David Gray is as good a right back as we've had in a very long time and has been unlucky with injury otherwise we wouldn't be having a conversation about him.

Even Whittaker, whose lack of pace will make playing FB a struggle now had a good game against Rangers.

Our problems are obvious - it is quite conceivable that every first choice midfielder and forward that we had during the second half of last season might not be with us next year, so we have to start with those positions.

We're pretty far down my list by the time we get to improving our fullbacks.

brog
10-06-2018, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=eastcoasthibby;5427459]Sean Mackie if iremember rightly came from Raith and is a LB ..he a fair bit kf the time in our development team has been spent not being second choice behind Callum Crane who has been deemed not good enough, and IMO what ihave seen off Sean hasnt made me think he is on the verge even of being in the first team thinking ! Decent physique, left foot delivery reasonably quick but a bit to go.As for RB position for all the reasons given we need someone to cover the right side wingback and RB role so maybe Williamson is worth a punt see if he.has development potential and while we are at it we still need LB competition/cover for Lewis !![/QUOT

Sean was out injured for a considerable time. When he came back he was an automatic choice for U 20s, Callum was at Alloa this season. Sean got better & stronger as season went on & played a major role in our league & cup double. If he maintains his progress i think hes got a real chance.

Borderhibbie76
10-06-2018, 08:50 PM
The quicker we have an actual signing to discuss on this thread...as at the .moment it's dying a slow painful death

Haymaker
10-06-2018, 08:53 PM

10-06-2018, 08:58 PM
The quicker we have an actual signing to discuss on this thread...as at the .moment it's dying a slow painful death

A signing this week would be nice, hopefully Kamberi by the 14th. There will soon be a lot of soggy sheets around here particularly if we are waiting a couple of days after the 14th before we hear anything.

Humo
10-06-2018, 09:00 PM
The quicker we have an actual signing to discuss on this thread...as at the .moment it's dying a slow PUNFUL death

Fixed that for you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dunbar Hibee
11-06-2018, 12:44 AM
We already have a full back from the Pars who is not great defensively but is excellent going forward. I expect Sean Mackie to be challenging for a place this season. I'm fine with us signing lower league players though a balance is required. Martin Boyle's done not too badly for an ex Montrose player.

I’d be very surprised if Sean Mackie features regularly for our first team this season..

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 12:48 AM

Still the best reply on here 😂😂

Dunbar Hibee
11-06-2018, 12:53 AM

You need some new patter.

Haymaker
11-06-2018, 01:34 AM

:hyper :hyper

Greenworld
11-06-2018, 06:38 AM
Maybe just having a mass signing announcement all over in 1 day thread closed [emoji23][emoji23]

Tobias Funke
11-06-2018, 07:20 AM

:top marks

Unfunny as ****

Diclonius
11-06-2018, 07:45 AM
To be fair, we didn't sign a player in 14-15 until 8th July. Must be a record.

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 08:03 AM

😂😂

1van Sprou7e
11-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Maybe just having a mass signing announcement all over in 1 day thread closed [emoji23][emoji23]

Announce the entire squad for next season, no one else in and no one else out, works for me 😀

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 08:13 AM

Nah. Deliberately drip feed the good news to build excitement which in turn will sell more season tickets.

It also helps us to identify the bedwetters on here :tee hee:

Oh, and use good news to mitigate the disappointing stiff.

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 08:14 AM
Whittaker is brutal and was towards the end of the season. His legs have gone and Lennon doesn't want to admit it because he's ridiculously handed him a 3 year contract.

Gmack7
11-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Whittaker is brutal and was towards the end of the season. His legs have gone and Lennon doesn't want to admit it because he's ridiculously handed him a 3 year contract.

IMO he had some of his best games towards the end of the season

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 08:19 AM

People kept saying that but all I saw was a player constantly giving the ball away and diving in and giving away stupid fouls

franck sauzee
11-06-2018, 08:21 AM

Yeah agree thought he was good towards the end of the season. Better in the sitting midfielder role rather than right wing back for me though

snooky
11-06-2018, 08:31 AM

I agree his best games were at the end of the season however, that is only because we're comparing them to his earlier performances. If we are to progress as a team, we need better, IMO..

KWJ
11-06-2018, 08:56 AM
I'd rather have Bartley in the CDM role and I'd rather have Gray or Efe in the right back role but Whittaker offers us some good back up and versatility. He also bagged 2 lovely and important goals which sadly puts him up there in our goalscorers after strikers.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 09:01 AM
He also bagged 2 lovely and important goals which sadly puts him up there in our goalscorers after strikers.

What's sad about that? :confused:

I'm quite happy he's in our goalscorers' list.

JimBHibees
11-06-2018, 09:16 AM

Nonsense has played a number of excellent games for Hibs (Celtic at home being one) unfortunately he has had injuries. Can play in a number of positions and is a good asset to the squad IMO. Surprised some people seem so keen to write off such a talented player.

madhatter
11-06-2018, 09:16 AM
I'd imagine to some degree the club are waiting to see what becomes of McGinn. If he goes for money that will change the plans as we'll have some more funds.

I think we've given up some hope of McGeouch by now. That's a very long time to still be considering staying.

We'll get the "easy"/"clear" signings done fairly soon but I would imagine a lot hinges on McGinn. We wouldn't want to sign someone as a backup to McGinn then find out McGinn is gone. Makes sense to sign the best possibly player to replace him first.

I don't want a Stokes situation where we are waiting weeks to find out his decision so I think a line has to be drawn with Dylan, club can't keep waiting.

Hopefully movement very soon. Group stages of Europa League will be very difficult anyway but the sooner we can get these huge areas clarified the better.

Diclonius
11-06-2018, 09:24 AM
If we don't have a few signings in place by the next couple weeks then we risk not progressing in the Europa League and missing out on more cash. The team as it is right now is not enough.

Billy Whizz
11-06-2018, 09:30 AM
If we don't have a few signings in place by the next couple weeks then we risk not progressing in the Europa League and missing out on more cash. The team as it is right now is not enough.

Lennon says he wants most of the signings in by pre season training, a week today I believe. So hopefully it’s going to be a week of signing news!

TonyStokeprano
11-06-2018, 09:44 AM

spot on mate, got boring about 6 transfer windows ago.

allmodcons
11-06-2018, 09:46 AM

What a load of nonsense. Was best player on park at Pittodrie in game after split and had an excellent game when we beat Celtic at ER.

Stuart93
11-06-2018, 10:13 AM
Few touchy folk on here

truehibernian
11-06-2018, 10:16 AM
What a load of nonsense. Was best player on park at Pittodrie in game after split and had an excellent game when we beat Celtic at ER.

The only games I watched where SW struggled was against Sinclair (second half) in the 2-2 game at Easter Road, and the last derby at Tynecastle where he was off the pace (like a few were). Every other game I think he’s been pretty solid and dependable - chipping in with a couple of important goals too. People forget he had a bad injury last season too.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Few touchy folk on here

I disagree.

I think there are loads.

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 10:30 AM

He wasn't excellent at all against Celtic.

Nonsense has played a number of excellent games for Hibs (Celtic at home being one) unfortunately he has had injuries. Can play in a number of positions and is a good asset to the squad IMO. Surprised some people seem so keen to write off such a talented player.

Talented at What? Giving away the ball? What does he actually do that stands out other than That? Bartley is better at breaking up play so if he's in the midfield for that reason then it's nonsense. Skinned regularly at right back. Passing erratic. Wants too much time on the ball. Would rather his wages spent elsewhere in all honesty.

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 10:45 AM
I see McGeouch is in Dubai. Could be a wee wait to find out where he will be next season.

Heisenberg
11-06-2018, 10:58 AM
I see McGeouch is in Dubai. Could be a wee wait to find out where he will be next season.

Hopefully just a wee holiday before he starts back at pre season with us on the 18th!

brog
11-06-2018, 10:59 AM

Talented at What? Giving away the ball? What does he actually do that stands out other than That? Bartley is better at breaking up play so if he's in the midfield for that reason then it's nonsense. Skinned regularly at right back. Passing erratic. Wants too much time on the ball. Would rather his wages spent elsewhere in all honesty.

Whittaker came on against Partick & changed the game. He replaced Marv who didn't feature after that. Whittaker is IMO a far better footballer than Marv (who I admire). Your opinion is different & that's fine but it's only your opinion. When you come on & make statements that "Whittaker is brutal" then qualify it by saying that's your opinion. Its certainly not a fact, not even a Hibs Net "fact" & I doubt many will agree with you but at least you won't sound like a refugee from Sickback.

G B Young
11-06-2018, 11:04 AM
When is it our first option on Kamberi ends? The 14th? The fact he's not signed yet with just three days to go must presumably indicate he's content to let the clock run down on this one and consider what else is out there for him?

I'm also a little surprised we haven't heard anything on Scott Allan. The player seemed very keen to make the move permanent but I'm guessing that as things stand we can't afford it and are waiting to see if anyone comes in for McGinn.

hibsbollah
11-06-2018, 11:06 AM
:faf:
:top marks

B.H.F.C
11-06-2018, 11:23 AM

Now everybody has an opinion but that is just pish.

The whole team were exceptional that day. Some people have clearly made their mind up about Whittaker though and will just blatantly ignore what is right in front of their eyes some of the time.

My_Wife_Camille
11-06-2018, 11:30 AM
This thread is peak hibs.net

On one side, those arguing that Whittaker was outstanding, on the other those arguing that he’s hopeless

Anyone else think he’s like everyone else and had some good games and bad games? I thought he was excellent against Celtic and Aberdeen but was horrible against Kille, goal aside.

Captain Trips
11-06-2018, 11:41 AM

On one side, those arguing that Whittaker was outstanding, on the other those arguing that he’s hopeless

Anyone else think he’s like everyone else and had some good games and bad games? I thought he was excellent against Celtic and Aberdeen but was horrible against Kille, goal aside.

This

He has his good and bad but I think there was a bit more expected. So for me he has been about average at best.

surreyhibbie
11-06-2018, 11:51 AM

Radge

B.H.F.C
11-06-2018, 11:52 AM

I don’t think I’ve seen anybody really argue that he’s consistently outstanding. He’s just not as consistently diabolical as some people would have you believe.

Borderhibbie76
11-06-2018, 11:53 AM
Lennon says he wants most of the signings in by pre season training, a week today I believe. So hopefully it’s going to be a week of signing news!He did say that a few weeks back but unless we announce 3 or 4 this week it's no happening. I'm really surprised how quiet things have been this last week...I wonder if Kamberi has fell through??

JimBHibees
11-06-2018, 11:56 AM

Technically one of the best players in the squad great range of passing with both feet. Great experience and think he is a positive influence on our squad.

matty_f
11-06-2018, 11:57 AM

:faf:

One Day Soon
11-06-2018, 11:57 AM
I'm totally at the desperate kid outside the sweet shop stage.

All rational thought has gone and I'm just gagging for a signing - almost anyone will do.

Feels like I've not had a proper Hibs fix for months now. I can barely motivate myself to go out and sell a single peg to be honest.

we are hibs
11-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Now everybody has an opinion but that is just pish.

The whole team were exceptional that day. Some people have clearly made their mind up about Whittaker though and will just blatantly ignore what is right in front of their eyes some of the time.

What did he do that day that was so great? Because from what I seen he gave the ball away and didn't know if he was playing right back or midfield as he just wandered aimlessly around the park for 90 mins. It's not pish just because you view a game differently

Whittaker came on against Partick & changed the game. He replaced Marv who didn't feature after that. Whittaker is IMO a far better footballer than Marv (who I admire). Your opinion is different & that's fine but it's only your opinion. When you come on & make statements that "Whittaker is brutal" then qualify it by saying that's your opinion. Its certainly not a fact, not even a Hibs Net "fact" & I doubt many will agree with you but at least you won't sound like a refugee from Sickback.

I'm not the only one who thinks he's brutal. The only place i have seen hibs fans praise him is on here. At games he's the one who seems to cause the most agitation amongst the fans around me.

B.H.F.C
11-06-2018, 12:16 PM
What did he do that day that was so great? Because from what I seen he gave the ball away and didn't know if he was playing right back or midfield as he just wandered aimlessly around the park for 90 mins. It's not pish just because you view a game differently

He played a major part in an exceptional team performance.

He played on the right of a back 3 that day and actually mentioned in his Hibs TV interview after the game that it was the first time he’d ever done that.

Sorry, but to say he wandered aimlessly around in that game is indeed pish. If you picked out the previous home game against Celtic where he got murdered then fair enough. But criticism of anybody in a Hibs shirt on that particular day is mental.

Michael
11-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Whittaker is still good going forward, but defensively a bit dodgy. When he was younger he probably got away with more because of his pace.

Smartie
11-06-2018, 12:20 PM

I think that's when we'll see the best of him.

Bottom 6 teams packing their defences, especially at Easter Road and we're needing central midfielders who will put their foot on the ball.

He changed the game that day.

I thought he did well against Rangers on the last day at RB, I thought he did well against Celtic at RCB but I thought he was very poor at Tynecastle. I didn't think he played well at Pittodrie either, even though the consensus was that he did.

Aberdeen have finished where they have through being able to consistently beat the weaker teams. I think Whittaker has a role to play in helping us do that, but I'm not sure he has the pace or energy to deal with derbies or the more rushed games against other physical sides.

Barman Stanton
11-06-2018, 12:22 PM

I'm not the only one who thinks he's brutal. The only place i have seen hibs fans praise him is on here. At games he's the one who seems to cause the most agitation amongst the fans around me.

Don’t even need undercover Jambos on here when our own fans are ready to put the boot in.

I’m amazed anyone can find fault in that Celtic game. The whole team played fantastic. If Whittaker is what is classed as ‘brutal’ at Hibs these days then we really are in a good place.

brog
11-06-2018, 12:24 PM

Maybe it's an age thing but I find it quite offensive when a Hibs supporter comes on & says a Hibs player is brutal. As I said above you can explain your thinking by saying it's only your opinion but you can also be critical of the player in a more reasoned manner without such emotive language. Personally I try not to criticise any Hibs player for their lack of ability but I will not hesitate to berate them for lack of effort & I don't think lack of effort is a hallmark of our current team.

matty_f
11-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Maybe it's an age thing but I find it quite offensive when a Hibs supporter comes on & says a Hibs player is brutal. As I said above you can explain your thinking by saying it's only your opinion but you can also be critical of the player in a more reasoned manner without such emotive language. Personally I try not to criticise any Hibs player for their lack of ability but I will not hesitate to berate them for lack of effort & I don't think lack of effort is a hallmark of our current team.

Great post. I'm of the same opinion. I think it's hard to link calling a Hibs player brutal with being a Hibs supporter.

There's nothing supportive in calling someone brutal.

Broken Gnome
11-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Great post. I'm of the same opinion. I think it's hard to link calling a Hibs player brutal with being a Hibs supporter.

There's nothing supportive in calling someone brutal.

It's just a daft buzzword that is completely over the top that gets punted out nowadays.

Bit like 'wage thief' or that someone is NEVER a footballer or capable of playing a certain position, even though they have actually been a footballer or played in that certain position for quite a significant length of time...

scoopyboy
11-06-2018, 12:58 PM
Lennon says he wants most of the signings in by pre season training, a week today I believe. So hopefully it’s going to be a week of signing news!

Correct Billy, the cynical bit of me thinks that aint gonna happen.

If we don't have signings in place and up to speed before the Europa Cup games I will be disappointed and feel let down.

No point in qualifying for Europe if the club don't take it serious.

Ideally in for restart of training but I suppose a week into pre season would still be ok but I think we need to get a move on.

Hibs4185
11-06-2018, 01:06 PM
I'm totally at the desperate kid outside the sweet shop stage.

All rational thought has gone and I'm just gagging for a signing - almost anyone will do.

Feels like I've not had a proper Hibs fix for months now. I can barely motivate myself to go out and sell a single peg to be honest.

I’ve not been able to sell 1 peg the last few days due to the anxiety-especially given our neighbours signing all these world beaters.

If there is no signings today I might have to turn to a little bit of spoon burning this evening to calm the nerves.

Lago
11-06-2018, 01:12 PM

If we don't have signings in place and up to speed before the Europa Cup games I will be disappointed and feel let down.

Ideally in for restart of training but I suppose a week into pre season would still be ok but I think we need to get a move on.
I wonder if Lennon will feel let down as well & what his reaction might be?

Billy Whizz
11-06-2018, 01:18 PM

I agree with, would be a blow not to be ready for the 1st game
Let’s just see what this week brings

J-C
11-06-2018, 01:22 PM

Away with the Scotland squad so will have a later holiday, it's still not good though that he's still to decide his future out, I can see another Fyvie situation where we withdraw our offer due to his pondering.

I'd like to hear what the hell is going on with Kamberi, the ITK guys say it's all ok and he'll sign but then we have to the 14th to do so, ( only 3 days away ) if his head has been turned by offers of more cash, again I'd like it sorted sooner so we can move on.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 01:23 PM
I’ve not been able to sell 1 peg the last few days due to the anxiety-especially given our neighbours signing all these world beaters.

If there is no signings today I might have to turn to a little bit of spoon burning this evening to calm the nerves.

It's funny how stress affects people differently.

I'm so full of nervous energy that since the transfer window opened I've already sold the same number of pegs as I did in June and July combined last year. (I thought the Scottish window started on the first of June not the 9th as it actually was.)

Now that I think about it, I spent a lot more of my time pickpocketing last year so maybe I'm not comparing like with like.

merseyhibs
11-06-2018, 01:24 PM
I agree with, would be a blow not to be ready for the 1st game
Let’s just see what this week brings

There’s no news coming out. So I would assume there is a lot of work being done and won’t announce till100% certain.
No news is good news !

snooky
11-06-2018, 01:24 PM

:agree: If the fish aren't biting, time to fish somewhere else?

PatHead
11-06-2018, 01:38 PM

I’m in the same boat but I can’t even find my friggin spoon.

BlackSheep
11-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Away with the Scotland squad so will have a later holiday, it's still not good though that he's still to decide his future out, I can see another Fyvie situation where we withdraw our offer due to his pondering.

I'd like to hear what the hell is going on with Kamberi, the ITK guys say it's all ok and he'll sign but then we have to the 14th to do so, ( only 3 days away ) if his head has been turned by offers of more cash, again I'd like it sorted sooner so we can move on.

As many on here point out often, he doesn't need to be here to sign a contract or his agent can sign on his behalf.

If he re-signs with us then there won;t necessarily be a photoshoot to announce it, I'm sure they have plenty of photos to choose from.

The_Horde
11-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Announcement either 12pm or 2pm Friday. Either this week or next week or the week after or later than that.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 01:55 PM
As many on here point out often, he doesn't need to be here to sign a contract or his agent can sign on his behalf.

If he re-signs with us then there won;t necessarily be a photoshoot to announce it, I'm sure they have plenty of photos to choose from.

We'll need to see him in the new shirt.

Unprofessional otherwise.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Announcement either 12pm or 2pm Friday. Either this week or next week or the week after or later than that.

I'm led to believe that it'll be 5.00pm on one of those days or another.

JohnMcM
11-06-2018, 02:39 PM
Dear Santa,
I know this is very early and you are probably only just getting started on this year's pressies.

However, may I please have a Kamberi with or without a pear tree, a Dylan McGeogh with or without 10 maids-a-milking, a John McGinn with as many turtle doves as you can manage, a Scott Allan with anything you choose and a good start to not only the Europa League but also to the Premier League.

I promise I have been a good boy.

Thank you.

BlackSheep
11-06-2018, 02:42 PM
I'm led to believe that it'll be 5.00pm on one of those days or another.

These 'false dawn' posts are almost as annoying as the puns!

ancient hibee
11-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Perhaps McGeouch is like the Hearts goalie and finding that the queue of clubs desperate to sign him is not so evident.

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Perhaps McGeouch is like the Hearts goalie and finding that the queue of clubs desperate to sign him is not so evident.

I think both will have a fair few clubs after them. They’d be mad to rush their decision. Frustrating for us as fans but I completely understand why none have signed for anyone yet.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 03:50 PM
These 'false dawn' posts are almost as annoying as the puns!

Believe me, the incessant moaning about a bit of naff, but harmless, humour is worse than both put together.

RossScott1991
11-06-2018, 03:50 PM
I remember the last summer window and how much I was worrying about it then felt like an idiot when we eventually signed players wondering what was all the worrying for.

Lesson learned this time, very chilled about it all.

Dalianwanda
11-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Believe me, the incessant moaning about a bit of naff, but harmless, humour is worse than both put together.

Totally disagree..

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 04:00 PM
With our targets being on hol and now most will be back I think we’ll see things moving a lot quicker now. Can understand why a few are frustrated, it’s always nice when we get players in early. But we still have time regarding ours and hopefully most will be over the line come our European games.

I’d certainly rather wait get the right player at the right price than do what Hearts have done and just dipped into the bargain basement of signings.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Totally disagree..

That's because you're one of the chief Victor Meldrews :greengrin

I find the posts moaning and worrying about Hibs not having signed anyone, 2 days after the window opened, most annoying of all, but me complaining about them isn't going to make them stop.

Some folk like puns, some don't, but that's just life.

The puns will stop when there's actually something to talk about.

Brightside
11-06-2018, 04:10 PM
With our targets being on hol and now most will be back I think we’ll see things moving a lot quicker now. Can understand why a few are frustrated, it’s always nice when we get players in early. But we still have time regarding ours and hopefully most will be over the line come our European games.

I’d certainly rather wait get the right player at the right price than do what Hearts have done and just dipped into the bargain basement of signings.

Ive called the office and told them to delay any signings for as long as possible....just to make it more exciting for people. :wink:

stoneyburn hibs
That's because you're one of the chief Victor Meldrews :greengrin

I find the posts moaning and worrying about Hibs not having signed anyone, 2 days after the window opened, most annoying of all, but me complaining about them isn't going to make them stop.

Some folk like puns, some don't, but that's just life.

The puns will stop when there's actually something to talk about.

It's been 2 days since the window opened and no signings, ffs.

Hibbyradge
It's been 2 days since the window opened and no signings, ffs.

I know, right?

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Ive called the office and told them to delay any signings for as long as possible....just to make it more exciting for people. :wink:

😁

andybev1
11-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Totally. The other clubs we hope to be challenging have been the same. I think this time last year Aberdeen had done a lot of their business by now and we were getting very ansty.

worcesterhibby
11-06-2018, 04:25 PM

As a member of the Pun Idolisation Society (Hawick) I have also written to the club asking them to hold off on real news while our members make the most of the opportunity.

Billy Whizz
11-06-2018, 04:32 PM
Of the Premiership teams, think it’s only Hibs and a Killie who have signed anyone. Killie also fighting off bids for Jordan Jones, not sure what’s happening with Mulumba

nonshinyfinish
11-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Totally disagree..

The posts I hate most are the empty statements of agreement or disagreement that add no new information, discussion or nuance.

Famous Fiver
11-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Does the window being open meet that we now have to go round the back of the ticket office to the window instead of using the counter in the office?

I'll get ma coat!

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2018, 04:38 PM
The posts I hate most are the empty statements of agreement or disagreement that add no new information, discussion or nuance.

:agree:

wookie70
11-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Totally. The other clubs we hope to be challenging have been the same. I think this time last year Aberdeen had done a lot of their business by now and we were getting very ansty.

You would imagine Aberdeen would be looking at similar or the same players as we are and the players are the ones holding the cards.

Last summer was decent for us on paper but only Ofir(re-signed) and Efe(re-signed) were fixtures in the team the whole year. Swanson, Barker, Murray, Slivka and Whittaker were all decent signings with Barker possibly the best and he may be leaving. Big Dave and Stokes were not good signings and I'm almost glad Big D never worked out as Kamberi allowed us to play a better style of football due to his mobility.

It was the winter market that really kicked us on and I still think Lennon has failed to have a really good summer market. Hopefully, he will carry on from the winter market just gone, as that was transformative.

Currently, we may be spending much of our time and money keeping what we have rather than gambling on the greener grass next door. That tactic would be absolutely correct at this moment in time as far as I'm concerned. However, if we lose a few it will require good scouting and a fair bit of luck and timing to replace some of the likely leavers. I just hope that the style of play we saw after Christmas is the style we are looking to fit players into. Fast and expansive with almost a we will score more goals than you attitude. Not sure if it was planned as it turned out but it was brilliant to watch and hopefully repeatable.

For me the top priority is a pair of strikers that can work together, have pace and never stop buzzing around. One should have some physical talent too. The chemistry was there with Kamberi and McLaren so let's hope we can find similar or indeed the same.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 04:40 PM

This.

Lago
11-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Totally agree:greengrin

snooky
11-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Totally agree:greengrin
Aye, me 2

Juniper Greens
11-06-2018, 04:44 PM

Yep

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 04:55 PM
As a member of the Pun Idolisation Society (Hawick) I have also written to the club asking them to hold off on real news while our members make the most of the opportunity.

Excellent, well done.

Would you also be interested in joining my group, The Society for Humour Innuendo and Tricks (Edinburgh)?

Haymaker
11-06-2018, 05:09 PM

:agree: this.

scoopyboy

I have had a mood swing since my earlier post from work.

I am now confidently predicting we will have signings in place for pre season return to training on Monday, maybe even in time for Thursday when players go in for their pre pre-season checks.:greengrin

BoomtownHibees

I am now confidently predicting we will have signings in place for pre season return to training on Monday, maybe even in time for Thursday when players go in for their pre pre-season checks.:greengrin

C’mon Scoopy, spill the beans

sambajustice
11-06-2018, 05:11 PM
On my way into work today (in Leeds) and I overheard two gadgies on the train saying some Bradford midfielder might be going to Hibs!

Hibbyradge

A mood swing or an information swing? :wink:

Billy Whizz

Go and make your mind up SB😄

PatHead
11-06-2018, 05:36 PM
On my way into work today (in Leeds) and I overheard two gadgies on the train saying some Bradford midfielder might be going to Hibs!

That is what I like. A good overheard rumour. Any names?

Billy Whizz
11-06-2018, 05:40 PM
That is what I like. A good overheard rumour. Any names?

McGowan?

CapitalGreen
11-06-2018, 05:41 PM

Nicky Law’s just been released, maybe Lennon wants to pair him up with Halliday again!

Timothee Dieng is another who’s contract is expiring. 26 year old French defensive midfielder.

Wilson
11-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Nicky Law’s just been released, maybe Lennon wants to pair him up with Halliday again!

Timothee Dieng is another who’s contract is expiring. 26 year old French defensive midfielder.

Well. If we're going for a famous five I suppose we'll need a Timmy.

alihibs1
11-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Callum Crane confirmed to Livingston.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
11-06-2018, 06:11 PM

A small fee as well for Hibs

Wilson
11-06-2018, 06:11 PM

Should give them a lift.

Souter96Mac
11-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Cammy Bell away to Partick Thistle

Onion
11-06-2018, 06:22 PM
Cammy Bell away to Partick Thistle

Good move :wink:

Prof. Shaggy
11-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Should give them a lift.

:greengrin:greengrin

Smartie
11-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Well. If we're going for a famous five I suppose we'll need a Timmy.

Sorted for Aunt Fanny.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Should give them a lift.

:tee hee:

You'll get the bird for that.

madhatter
11-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Signings for us will be close now! Been a pattern in the last few seasons where we see players leave first - normally in quick succession. I'd be surprised if Murray was still at Hibs after next week or so. Feel sorry for him a bit because he does have a decent level of talent but we can't guarantee him first team football. We would have finished 2nd comfortably if we had McLaren and Kamberi at the start of the season, that isn't a slight on Murray, just the truth that we improved when Stokes and Murray were replaced by McLaren and Kamberi. Night and day stuff.

Come on signings! Hibs are such a tease they should reveal a signing like Question of Sport, just have a player cleaning the dressing room or something being filmed at acute angles (no face reveal) and we have to guess before the eventual reveal! Whoever guesses right (first) gets a signed shirt from the player!

Billy Whizz
11-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Signings for us will be close now! Been a pattern in the last few seasons where we see players leave first - normally in quick succession. I'd be surprised if Murray was still at Hibs after next week or so. Feel sorry for him a bit because he does have a decent level of talent but we can't guarantee him first team football. We would have finished 2nd comfortably if we had McLaren and Kamberi at the start of the season, that isn't a slight on Murray, just the truth that we improved when Stokes and Murray were replaced by McLaren and Kamberi. Night and day stuff.

Come on signings! Hibs are such a tease they should reveal a signing like Question of Sport, just have a player cleaning the dressing room or something being filmed at acute angles (no face reveal) and we have to guess before the eventual reveal! Whoever guesses right (first) gets a signed shirt from the player!

Was just about to post this as well, looks like get the departures out of the way 1st, although they did need confirmation from the club they were joining

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 06:41 PM

That would be fun.

Heisenberg
11-06-2018, 07:12 PM

Get those beans spilled!

ancient hibee
11-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Was just about to post this as well, looks like get the departures out of the way 1st, although they did need confirmation from the club they were joining
Crane and Bell were freed so it wasn’t as if they were ever staying.

Billy Whizz
11-06-2018, 07:23 PM
Crane and Bell were freed so it wasn’t as if they were ever staying.

Looks like we got a small development fee for Crane, so needed Hibs agreement.

snooky
11-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Excellent, well done.

Would you also be interested in joining my group, The Society for Humour Innuendo and Tricks (Edinburgh)?

I'd go for the Corstorphine Ranconteurs Appreciation Partnership myself.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 07:55 PM
I'd go for the Corstorphine Ranconteurs Appreciation Partnership myself.

If you ever find yourself in any humour difficulty abroad, contact the Partnership Of Overseas Punsters.

They'll sort you out.

11-06-2018, 08:12 PM
If you ever find yourself in any humour difficulty abroad, contact the Partnership Of Overseas Punsters.

They'll sort you out.

As far as acronyms go, this one is hard to beat.

https://youtu.be/Y3z2EFt2Ljs

danhibees1875
11-06-2018, 08:14 PM
Looks like we got a small development fee for Crane, so needed Hibs agreement.

Do you think it could just be a sell on clause rather than an upfront fee? That's what I'd heard.

Makes sense; we don't stand in his way by demanding a fee, but we protect ourselves in case he really kicks on at livi.

Billy Whizz
11-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Do you think it could just be a sell on clause rather than an upfront fee? That's what I'd heard.

Makes sense; we don't stand in his way by demanding a fee, but we protect ourselves in case he really kicks on at livi.
Only going by what’s on the Livvi website
Callum’s a good player, big step for him next season though

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/callum-crane-signs-on-the-dotted-line/

tamig
11-06-2018, 08:49 PM

Was the boy not released and out of contract? Only thing we’re entitled to is a development fee.

Unseen work
11-06-2018, 08:49 PM
Good luck to Callum, he’s a good young player and Livi are a good team with a impressive set up.

Hopefully he breaks into the starting 11 and cements himself as a premiership player.

danhibees1875
11-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Was the boy not released and out of contract? Only thing we’re entitled to is a development fee.

Which we can forego in favour of a sell on clause if we would rather.

I've no idea, and the link above suggests it was indeed a fee.

micksoo
11-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Do we not need to offer him a contract to receive a development fee. So did he turn it down?

J-C
11-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Do we not need to offer him a contract to receive a development fee. So did he turn it down?

Just about to post that, I don't think we offered him a new contract.

SMAXXA
11-06-2018, 11:16 PM

Yes need to offer a contract on same terms or more, uploaded to sfa site and sent to the player by recorded delivery before end of their contract I think it is.

Hibs would have offered it as he would be on peanuts and he will get a bigger wage at livi

Haymaker
12-06-2018, 02:13 AM

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-06-2018, 06:09 AM

Why would The Office employing new bar staff be exciting for people?

Diclonius
12-06-2018, 07:47 AM
Us and the other two linked with Freddie Woodman.

Souter96Mac
12-06-2018, 08:00 AM

Good young keeper. Think he's highly regarded down Toon way.

One Day Soon
12-06-2018, 08:01 AM
This.

That

Ronniekirk
12-06-2018, 08:28 AM
That

Or the other

Greenbeard
12-06-2018, 08:29 AM
As far as acronyms go, this one is hard to beat.

https://youtu.be/Y3z2EFt2Ljs
Don't mind the odd pun or clever play on words where it fits, esp on long drawn out speculative threads which are going nowhere, but draw the line at playground giggling about female body parts.

Hibbyradge
12-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Don't mind the odd pun or clever play on words where it fits, esp on long drawn out speculative threads which are going nowhere, but draw the line at playground giggling about female body parts.

Brest :tee hee:

12-06-2018, 11:02 AM

http://www.footymad.com/hibernian/roll/ed11/hibs_linked_with_newcastle_keeper_freddie_woodman_ 917056/index.shtml

Callum_62
12-06-2018, 04:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180612/98f60bd2afd303ff818968d9a7075b04.png

Michael
12-06-2018, 04:30 PM

McGeough made a tough decision to leave the club confirmed.

snooky
12-06-2018, 04:34 PM

No comprende, amigo.

supermcginn
12-06-2018, 04:36 PM

What?

Billychaotic182
12-06-2018, 04:43 PM

Either a tease or controversial way to gain subscribers

snooky
12-06-2018, 05:11 PM

I bet The Sun will pick up on that and report he's off to Middlesbrough. :cb

Hannah_hfc
12-06-2018, 05:29 PM

Is he not still away on holiday?

Ronniekirk
12-06-2018, 05:31 PM

Yes

Santa Cruz
12-06-2018, 05:39 PM

No, he was at Leith Gala on Saturday.

YanYansen
12-06-2018, 05:57 PM
We're not gonnae see anything this week, are we?

I want to go back in time, Terminator-style, and put a bullet in Tim Berners-Lee's heid. This is torture.

LEaston87
12-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Sometimes iiiiiiiiii
Fantasiiiiiiiiise
Of a team with Stevie Mallan
Kamberi and Scotty Allan

Smartie
12-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Well, maybe there is hope that isn't totally Freed from Desire to play for Hibs after all then.

Famous Fiver
12-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Middlesbrough is an unusual choice for a holiday destination.

Hermit Crab
12-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Well, maybe there is hope that isn't totally Freed from Desire to play for Hibs after all then.

Bugger off to the pun thread with this stuff. :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
12-06-2018, 06:25 PM

Who’s in Middlesbrough FF

CapitalGreen
12-06-2018, 06:28 PM

He’s currently in Dubai

Hermit Crab
12-06-2018, 06:30 PM

I bet The Sun will pick up on that and report he's off to Middlesbrough. :cb

Who’s in Middlesbrough FF

Tease, as in Middlesbrough on TEESside :greengrin

Billy Whizz
12-06-2018, 06:30 PM
And in other Hibs news, Slivka came on as a sub today for Lithuania v Poland. Got the last 30 mins

snooky
12-06-2018, 06:33 PM

He’s currently in Dubai

FFS Hibs, just sign one of them - I don't care which one.

BoomtownHibees
12-06-2018, 06:33 PM
He’s currently in Dubai

He maybe is but was at Leith Links on Sat