PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60

MacGruber
31-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Alan Nixon just tweeted that we're e looking at bringing in Cian Bolger in on loan. Irish centre half from Fleetwood.

This is the guy Hearts were reported to be looking at too

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 08:18 AM
Alan Nixon just tweeted that we're e looking at bringing in Cian Bolger in on loan. Irish centre half from Fleetwood.

A few English Championship teams after him so i'd be surprised if he came to us on loan

BILLYHIBS
31-08-2018, 08:21 AM
This is the guy Hearts were reported to be looking at too
Hearts looking at everyone! :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 08:21 AM
A few English Championship teams after him so i'd be surprised if he came to us on loan

Has their window not closed?

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Has their window not closed?

Think they can still sign loans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacGruber
31-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Are the folk who will be disappointed, underwhelmed etc just saying that because we may not sign anyone on the last day? Is it because they think that, Kamberi, MacLaren, Mallan, Milligan, Horgan, Bogdan, Hyndlan,Agyepong are pish? Or is it that they think we should have signed a ready made SJM replacement? Or should we pay out more money than we can actually afford? I think the window has been fine for us. We have lost a player who we could never replace in SJM but have had a good stab at it. We have resigned the best stikeforce we have had in years. Signed a Scotland U21 international on a long contract, signed a full Irish international, a full Australian international who played all three games at WC, I could go on with the other internationals etc but some will still be underwhelmed because we haven't signed Sparky and Messi
I still have no transfer rumours!!

I am happy with our business though want Scott Allan and think we are light with having 3 strikers.

Milligan can play centre half so dont see the need to bring in another. We are light at left back though by all accounts have some young prospects there so happy with that.

In conclusion - just Allan and Hooper to come! ;)

mayo hibee
31-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Can't understand why we would go for Cian Bolger when someone like Andy Boyle is available and might be heading to Motherwell as there's no other interest. Senior Irish international, plays the same position, made the League of Ireland team of the year three years in a row alongside Darryl Horgan, good friends with Horgan etc.

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:24 AM
It sometimes pays not to worry about what other teams do. Makes life a little more enjoyable.

I assume you know the inner dealings of our transfer strategy then? Keen to hear where it went wrong in your view, and why the board should be criticised.

Read the last two paragraphs of my last post - decent pointers/clues there for you as to where I think our untouchable Board are getting it "wrong".

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 08:24 AM
Can't understand why we would go for Cian Bolger when someone like Andy Boyle is available and might be heading to Motherwell as there's no other interest. Senior Irish international, plays the same position, made the League of Ireland team of the year three years in a row alongside Darryl Horgan, good friends with Horgan etc.

Yip. Would much rather have Andy Boyle personally.

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 08:27 AM
I think our untouchable Board are getting it "wrong".

Maybe folk are slow to criticise because, since Dempster came in the board has been very very good?

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 08:28 AM
Don’t want to sound like an arse, but should we really be loaning players from a team that finished 14th in League 1 last year? Thought we had progressed a bit more than that.

calumhibee1
31-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Don’t want to sound like an arse, but should we really be loaning players from a team that finished 14th in League 1 last year? Thought we had progressed a bit more than that.

I’m presuming he’s be coming in as 5th choice centre half when everyone’s fit. Maybe not though, I’ve no idea how good he is.

matty_f
31-08-2018, 08:29 AM
I know how many beans make five, thanks very much. Our signings have been OK, nothing more than that.

What's undeniable is that whether we're suffering from bad luck with injuries/red tape holding up deals or whatever, we're in the same spot as we were in January where we have a laddie being asked to do a man's job up front and it's frustrating to watch.

Other teams have brought players in and done it in a less protracted fashion than our Board seem to have done - who seem to be beyond criticism in your mind.

We've brought several good players in this window. I'm not sure your point stands up to much scrutiny.

We've not got all of our targets by the sounds of it, but then very few clubs do - especially at clubs our size.

Cod Boy
31-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Bolger and Barton don’t get on and are looking to offload him before tonight.

Ryan69
31-08-2018, 08:30 AM

Would much prefer if we buy someone like that.
Getting sick of increasing values for players of other teams...especially small clubs like Fleetwood.

CapitalGreen
31-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Read the last two paragraphs of my last post - decent pointers/clues there for you as to where I think our untouchable Board are getting it "wrong".

Ok, what teams?

Other teams have brought players in and done it in a less protracted fashion than our Board seem to have done - who seem to be beyond criticism in your mind.

Celtic - lol no
Rangers - Spent heavily this summer but don't look like they have fully solved their issues in defense. Halliday is still considered a first team starter.
Hearts - Signed 2 players in the last days of the window and struggling to bring in the Czech striker to replace their star striker.
Aberdeen - Have not fully replaced the players they lost last season, look a weaker squad on the whole.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2018, 08:36 AM
Ok, what teams?

Celtic - lol no
Rangers - Spent heavily this summer but don't look like they have fully solved their issues in defense. Halliday is still considered a first team starter.
Hearts - Signed 2 players in the last days of the window and struggling to bring in the Czech striker to replace their star striker.
Aberdeen - Have not fully replaced the players they lost last season, look a weaker squad on the whole.

Well said

B.H.F.C
31-08-2018, 08:37 AM

Joey Barton not getting on with someone? Surely not?

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=Callum_62;5535832]Maybe folk are slow to criticise because, since Dempster came in the board has been very very good?

She's not the whole Board though, is she? She's been a welcome catalyst for change and made simple tweaks to things like our PR for instance, which was utterly woeful prior to her arrival.

I just think this season we have/had a chance to really kick on, but our long-held "steady-as-we-go" mantra will see us miss out.

Happy to be proved wrong and eat my words, but having endured similar spin before to "biggest ever playing budget" when there's little evidence of that in recruitment, I'll not hold my breath.

southern hibby
31-08-2018, 08:38 AM
I suspect he's bluffing on that and has some hopes of getting another player in.

That said, I don't think we're in too bad nick.

Problem areas are that we lack cover for Gray and Stevenson.

I'd think he looks at Whittaker and Efe as possibilities on the right but more likely he's probably looking at going attacking with three at the back and two wingers if there are injuries in the fullback department. A serious injury to Stevenson would be a major concern though.

You could argue we're a striker light but I suspect that the addition of three wingers implies that those three strikers may sometimes be playing for one place in a front thee with two wide men.

Midfield it's difficult to tell what shape he's going to play but Mallan, Horgan, Milligan, Bartley, Slivka, Hyndeland, Swanson and Murray are all options.

But this is where it's interesting to me - I think Lennon is trying something that is pretty bold for Hibs.
He's trying to assemble a squad that can play in lots of different formations the way a much bigger club would do.

Look at the popular formations 5-3-2, 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 3-4-3, one up front, two sitting mids, a diamond.
I can see the potential for the squad we currently have to play any of those.

Do we have the players to play them well and who can adapt to us not having a single style of play?
That's another question entirely but I think he's actually tried to put together a squad that can potentially do a lot.

I can't say it doesn't scare me a bit but if he can pull it off it would potentially change the entire future of our club and it would be quite a time to be a Hibee.

I’ve said this to mates, It’s as if NL is trying to make us unpredictable with line ups and selection formations.

Only problem I have and I’ve mentioned it several times now. We only won one game last season with starting one striker up front in eleven and got beat and drew the rest. If we’re going down this route again this season then we need a striker who can play that position on his own.

GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=Callum_62;5535832]Maybe folk are slow to criticise because, since Dempster came in the board has been very very good?

She's not the whole Board though, is she? She's been a welcome catalyst for change and made simple tweaks to things like our PR for instance, which was utterly woeful prior to her arrival.

I just think this season we have/had a chance to really kick on, but our long-held "steady-as-we-go" mantra will see us miss out.

Happy to be proved wrong and eat my words, but having endured similar spin before to "biggest ever playing budget" when there's little evidence of that in recruitment, I'll not hold my breath.

How has that budget been spent?

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:41 AM
Ok, what teams?

Celtic - lol no
Aberdeen - Have not fully replaced the players they lost last season, look a weaker squad on the whole.new

If the best you can do to counter an argument is using the word "lol", then maybe best you put me on your ignore list?

makaveli1875
31-08-2018, 08:42 AM

Better watch what your saying Rod Capone and Lucky Leeanno will put a horses head under your pillow

Ferry green
31-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Large delivery of high end hair products just delivered to ER. Make of that what you will

CapitalGreen
31-08-2018, 08:43 AM
new

If the best you can do to counter an argument is using the word "lol", then maybe best you put me on your ignore list?

If you are just going to spit the dummy when somebody counters your point maybe hibs.net isn't the place for you.

Heisenberg
31-08-2018, 08:43 AM

I thought Boyle was a fullback? Bolger seems to be a central defender.

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:45 AM
If you are just going to spit the dummy when somebody counters your point maybe hibs.net isn't the place for you.

The award for most ironic post of the year is yours, my friend.

MSK
31-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Large delivery of high end hair products just delivered to ER. Make of that what you willRobbie Savage ?

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2018, 08:46 AM
new

I think he's merely pointing out that it has been very well publicised that Celtic have missed out on a good few of their top targets

Their arrogance and penny pinching over John McGinn coming back to bite them was probably the main source of the lol

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:47 AM
I think he's merely pointing out that it has been very well publicised that Celtic have missed out on a good few of their top targets

Their arrogance and penny pinching over John McGinn coming back to bite them was probably the main source of the lol

That clears it up then, thanks.

CapitalGreen
31-08-2018, 08:48 AM

Exactly, the "lol" was directed at Celtic. Unfortunately because of Scotty Leither's poor comprehension he believes it was directed at him.

Hermit Crab
31-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Large delivery of high end hair products just delivered to ER. Make of that what you will

:tumble:

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Exactly, the "lol" was directed at Celtic. Unfortunately because of Scotty Leither's poor comprehension he believes it was directed at him.

Said you in the third person. Thanks for the cod psychology, though. Always instructive is Hibs.net.

matty_f
31-08-2018, 08:52 AM

Do they like mashed potato though?

Souter96Mac
31-08-2018, 08:53 AM
When does the window close today? Midnight?

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 08:54 AM

Rod is using the unspent budget to refresh his moustache.

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 08:54 AM

I don't get this centre half thing. We have Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose, Porteous and Milligan to play there.

04Sauzee
31-08-2018, 08:55 AM

How many others will get that :)

GloryGlory
31-08-2018, 08:58 AM

Apart from six figure fees and other related costs paid for each of Mallan. Kamberi and Horgan on three/four year deals, signing on fee and costs for Milligan on two year deal, loan, wages with option to buy for Maclaren plus whatever loans cost and wages for Bogdan, Agyepong and Hyndland, you mean? :confused:

Brightside
31-08-2018, 08:58 AM
I don't get this centre half thing. We have Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose, Porteous and Milligan to play there.

I don't think we will see much of McGregor.

CapitalGreen
31-08-2018, 08:59 AM

McGregor is currently injured and Milligan was brought in to play in Midfield meaning we currently have no cover at centre back. If Milligan was to drop back into centre back then we are weakened in Defensive midfield.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=Scotty Leither;5535859]

Apart from six figure fees and other related costs paid for each of Mallan. Kamberi and Horgan on three/four year deals, signing on fee and costs for Milligan on two year deal, loan, wages with option to buy for Maclaren plus whatever loans cost and wages for Bogdan, Agyepong and Hyndland, you mean? :confused:

What have the Board ever done for us, though?

madhibee_again
31-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Are we actually suffering for getting most of transfer business done well in advance of the window closing? Unlike other years where we panicked and loaned in a load of players near the end of the window, we did the majority of ours at the beginning. Based on previous years there is an expectation that we will bring someone in on the last day, as we’ve always done that. That combined with most fans thinking that we’d have Allan back is potentially clouding people’s judgement of our performance in this window?

Smartie
31-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Whittaker can play on the right of a 3, I'm sure Gray could play on the right of a 3 if needed and Stevenson has covered on the left of a 3 before.

It's the last part of the team I'd be looking to improve (although you would have to say that we've already lost a lot of bad goals this season.)

Billy Whizz

That would be a serious blow

lyonhibs

Here's hoping Bolger isn't far away and Barton, au contraire, remains as far away as possible.

CockneyRebel
31-08-2018, 09:09 AM
McGregor is currently injured and Milligan was brought in to play in Midfield meaning we currently have no cover at centre back. If Milligan was to drop back into centre back then we are weakened in Defensive midfield.

You don't think that Milligan's ability to play both positions was instrumental in us going for him then?

B.H.F.C
31-08-2018, 09:13 AM
You don't think that Milligan's ability to play both positions was instrumental in us going for him then?

I don’t think it was. It’s an added bonus.

Lennon said he was signed to play in the middle of the park. We are short in there so we need him to come in and play in there.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2018, 09:14 AM

I think I did - reference to an old kids program?

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2018, 09:14 AM
I know how many beans make five, thanks very much. Our signings have been OK, nothing more than that.

What's undeniable is that whether we're suffering from bad luck with injuries/red tape holding up deals or whatever, we're in the same spot as we were in January where we have a laddie being asked to do a man's job up front and it's frustrating to watch.

Who are these clubs that have done this, and what does protracted actually mean, as other clubs have not just said i want this player, and they sign 5 minutes later?

Bogdan Horgan Mallan McLaren Kamberi Apenyong have all signed, we've signed that many i'm sure i have missed someone?

Yip, Hyndman. So 7 players, FFS we can only play 11.

Now we are down to the last day of the window, where lots of deals are ALWAYS done, and we will probably bring more in. I'm convinced some folk get up in the morning and get a massive fright looking in the mirror

Jeez i even forgot about Milligan, so 8 players.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Who are these clubs that have done this, and what does protracted actually mean, as other clubs have not just said i want this player, and they sign 5 minutes later?

Bogdan Horgan Mallan McLaren Kamberi Apenyong have all signed, we've signed that many i'm sure i have missed someone?

Now we are down to the last day of the window, where lots of deals are ALWAYS done, and we will probably bring more in. I'm convinced some folk get up in the morning and get a massiive fright looking in the mirror

...don’t we all, to be fair.:greengrin

Juniper Greens
31-08-2018, 09:19 AM

I think I would expect one of them to leave then. From that list, Efe is most likely? He has been linked with a few moves over the summer

Heedersnvolleys
31-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Are we actually suffering for getting most of transfer business done well in advance of the window closing? Unlike other years where we panicked and loaned in a load of players near the end of the window, we did the majority of ours at the beginning. Based on previous years there is an expectation that we will bring someone in on the last day, as we’ve always done that. That combined with most fans thinking that we’d have Allan back is potentially clouding people’s judgement of our performance in this window?

Don’t think it’s anything to do with doing business early, I am more concerned whether our business has improved us? For all the midfielders we have brought in are any better than any of the 3 we lost? Up front and at the back have basically stayed the same as we finished last season. So we have stalled at the very least with the largest income we have had in years which we would assume would improve us???

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 09:21 AM
When does the window close today? Midnight?

It doesn't close it "slams shut"

GloryGlory
31-08-2018, 09:22 AM

Now we are down to the last day of the window, where lots of deals are ALWAYS done, and we will probably bring more in. I'm convinced some folk get up in the morning and get a massive fright looking in the mirror

Jeez i even forgot about Milligan, so 8 players.

Milligan, as well. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2018, 09:23 AM
Don’t think it’s anything to do with doing business early, I am more concerned whether our business has improved us? For all the midfielders we have brought in are any better than any of the 3 we lost? Up front and at the back have basically stayed the same as we finished last season. So we have stalled at the very least with the largest income we have had in years which we would assume would improve us???

How do you improve on the 3 we lost, even on our improved budget?

Mango Man
31-08-2018, 09:24 AM

Is this some inside info? I think we look so much better with Big Daz in defence, knees could be taking their toll, the first couple of years he was with us he barely missed a game, seemed to manage his knee problems well, then he had that operation and has now been out a couple of times.

Hope we can still get a year or 2 out of him.

Blaster
31-08-2018, 09:25 AM

It’s almost impossible to replace those 3 midfielders we lost with better. What we need to do is bring in different types of players like Horgan, Mallan and Hyndman. And hope we get Allan back

In my view the only Scottish team who are stronger are Rangers. Hearts will be better too in fairness but still feel we are much stronger than them

Baw187
31-08-2018, 09:28 AM
We've brought several good players in this window. I'm not sure your point stands up to much scrutiny.

We've not got all of our targets by the sounds of it, but then very few clubs do - especially at clubs our size.

Sounds like he just has a boner for the board. Spouting the same flawed argument multiple times.

By failing to acknowledge the players we have signed and the considerable investment that will have been for a club our size, the debate is just going round on circles. [emoji849]

B.H.F.C
31-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Don’t think it’s anything to do with doing business early, I am more concerned whether our business has improved us? For all the midfielders we have brought in are any better than any of the 3 we lost? Up front and at the back have basically stayed the same as we finished last season. So we have stalled at the very least with the largest income we have had which we would assume would improve us???

I agree with your point in a sense. Midfield was always going to be an issue though. Replacing that quality was never going to be easy.

Just to maintain what we have up front was a challenge and will have cost a few quid.

We’ve paid 6 figure fees for 3 players this summer so we’re clearly trying to reinvest money that comes in.

I do think we will be weaker than what we ended last season with. But it’s pretty unusual to lose 3 players with the quality of McGinn, McGeough and Allan all at once. That has been more of an issue than a lack of willingness to invest IMO.

Heedersnvolleys
31-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Difficult I agree but I would have hoped at least one of our signings was an improvement on one of who we lost or comparable at least if you know what I mean!!

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2018, 09:31 AM
I don’t think it was. It’s an added bonus.

Lennon said he was signed to play in the middle of the park. We are short in there so we need him to come in and play in there.He wasn't signed to play centre half when we currently don't possess a midfielder that could tackle a fish supper with Marv being out injured

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 09:32 AM
It’s almost impossible to replace those 3 midfielders we lost with better. What we need to do is bring in different types of players like Horgan, Mallan and Hyndman. And hope we get Allan back

In my view the only Scottish team who are stronger are Rangers. Hearts will be better too in fairness but still feel we are much stronger than them

Hearts are more or less on a par with us and Aberdeen now. Rangers have moved up a level. Said it previously but if we had everyone fit and available we'd have some great options.

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2018, 09:33 AM
How do you improve on the 3 we lost, even on our improved budget?Yup sadly there was never any chance of us improving on those 3...such is life. It will be a very long time before we have a midfield trio as good as that again...such a shame we only had them all for 4 months

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Difficult I agree but I would have hoped at least one of our signings was an improvement on one of who we lost or comparable at least if you know what I mean!!Horgan although different type looks more than decent and we haven't even seen Milligan yet??

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2018, 09:37 AM
I see the EEN are trotting out the "Hibs are happy with what they've got and don't anticipate a busy deadline day" line...

Big shift from Lennon s post match comments last Sat were he was hoping for 1 or 2...

Time will tell but il be disappointed if we fail to get at least 2 more in...

B.H.F.C
31-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Horgan although different type looks more than decent and we haven't even seen Milligan yet??

‘Different’ is the important bit. Impossible to replace the midfield we lost like for like on our budget. We’ll need to play differently I think and Horgan has already shown plenty promise IMO. Mallan as well but we need to get them both playing in the right areas.

Gordy M
31-08-2018, 09:39 AM
The thing is our midfield last season only really came together latterly. There were numerous threads regarding selling McGeoch because he was injury prone and in his early days critisism of SJM having quiet games. My point is we didnt buy the midfield that we sold. It was developed over at least 2 seasons. No reason why we cant do that again......but then folk have to realise that its a work in progress and might take 6 months to a year to get there?

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2018, 09:40 AM
‘Different’ is the important bit. Impossible to replace the midfield we lost like for like on our budget. We’ll need to play differently I think and Horgan has already shown plenty promise IMO. Mallan as well but we need to get them both playing in the right areas.Agreed we can't play like for like compared to last season not losing the likes of SJM and Dylan

mayo hibee
31-08-2018, 09:41 AM
I thought Boyle was a fullback? Bolger seems to be a central defender.

Boyle is a centre back. Can cover left back as well in a back four but wouldn't be a left wing back.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Difficult I agree but I would have hoped at least one of our signings was an improvement on one of who we lost or comparable at least if you know what I mean!!

I'm guessing McGinn is on £20K a week, McGeouch £8-10k a week, how do you replace those players with our budget?

We are apparently still in for Allan.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2018, 09:47 AM
It's been a good window. 1 or 2 today could make it a great one.

Ultimately I'd rather get the right player now as opposed to any player at this stage so if it's felt we are better served sitting tight until January or next summer then so be it. Lennon is on record as saying he has turned down additional funds before because he didn't feel the right player was available at the time.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2018, 09:47 AM
An underrated yet important thing for a team is continuity. Our defence and forward line is largely unchanged from second half of season last year. The obvious upheaval is in midfield but we have made decent signings in Mallan, Horgan, Hyndman and Milligan at least on the face of it.

Another couple of quality additions would be nice but better that than the mad squad overhaul that Hearts appear to be attempting imo.

BSEJVT
31-08-2018, 09:50 AM
If Lukaku gets injured Man U are toiling further

Not when you have excellent back up like Rashford,Lingard,Sanchez and Marcial

We have a development player.[/QUOTE]

Lingard isn't a forward

Sanchez also plays deeper these days

We have MacLaren so there's your Rashford cancelled out

You do realise that Man United have probably 100 times our annual revenue or more so can afford to carry more players than we do?

Apologies Ryan quoted wrong post!

Cod Boy
31-08-2018, 09:51 AM

David Gray couldn’t get a game for Burton Albion in league two before he signed for Hibs look how that worked out.

BILLYHIBS
31-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Getting Scotty Allan back ( hopefully today ) would be a big help! :thumbsup:

BSEJVT
31-08-2018, 09:58 AM

You may know how many beans make 5 but you don't know how many we have left of that 5 to spend on the squad.

And is Jamie Maclaren the invisible man or has he been conveniently omitted because he doesn't suit your argument? The guy went to the world cup FFS, exactly what do you expect from Hibs?

I have criticised previous boards long and hard over their shortcomings and will do so in the future if its warranted. Its not currently warranted IMO.

So to paraphrase your last sentence ( if that is indeed your reply to my asking what else they could have done) your only complaint is that it has taken too long.

Btw if you want to argue, argue like a grown up over the gist of your argument instead of all the "and breathe and board acolyte" stuff it makes you look like a bairn

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 10:04 AM
I'm guessing McGinn is on £20K a week, McGeouch £8-10k a week, how do you replace those players with our budget?

We are apparently still in for Allan.

They weren’t on that at their previous clubs

Keyser Sauzee
31-08-2018, 10:05 AM

They also weren’t as good as they are now when we first signed them, it’s almost impossible for us to replace them like for like

Jim44
31-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Getting Scotty Allan back ( hopefully today ) would be a big help! :thumbsup:

It’s unlikely, so I hope we can maybe get him at least on a pre contract in January, unless somebody beats us to it. If we did manage to get him for the start of next season, I wonder what state he would be in physically and mentally with essentially a year out of meaningful football. Does anyone know whether, outwith training, he gets regular game time in their developement team/s?

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2018, 10:38 AM

Perfectly true, but it took us 3 years to get them to the standard they are now. Who's to say we will not make any of our current players that good in 3 years?

Replacing like for like will cost money we wont spend or indeed have.

Johnny_Leith
31-08-2018, 10:48 AM
And this is where you can become an itk poster with a bit of guesswork.

I'll state Ambrose away, someone hibs have been linked with for a while, say Scott Allan to come in. I'll make a vague statement about those deals being probable but not certain. If either happens, I'll have most folk on this board hanging off every post, if not ill just claim 'thats football'

Sean1875
31-08-2018, 10:55 AM

I'll state Ambrose away, someone hibs have been linked with for a while, say Scott Allan to come in. I'll make a vague statement about those deals being probable but not certain. If either happens, I'll have most folk on this board hanging off every post, if not ill just claim 'thats football'

:yawn:

Juniper Greens
31-08-2018, 10:56 AM

I'm willing to agree with you, all we need now is Bleed Green to say it'll all happen at 7.32pm...

Stevie Reid
31-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Rangers sign Joe Worrall on loan:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45369512

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 11:00 AM

I've heard from a good source who's normally right about a lot of things (can't name names) that we're working very hard to get Scott Allan in. A deal likely to be done before tonight but if it isn't don't shoot the messenger. He's normally spot on though. :wink:

RoxburghHibs
31-08-2018, 11:01 AM
I've heard from a good source who's normally right about a lot of things (can't name names) that we're working very hard to get Scott Allan in. A deal likely to be done before tonight but if it isn't don't shoot the messenger. He's normally spot on though. :wink:

:pray:

houstonhibbee
31-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Rangers sign Joe Worrall on loan:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45369512
What has this got to do with hibs?

thebausburst
31-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Hibs in for Fleetwood centre half Cian Bolger

RoxburghHibs
31-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Nothing I guess he just forgot to label his post with NHC.

houstonhibbee
31-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Here’s hoping we can get this over the line

Stevie Reid
31-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Other than the fact that they play in the same league as us, we are currently a place above them in the SPL, and that we went into the last game of last season with the chance of finishing above them, nothing I suppose.

GreenCastle
31-08-2018, 11:08 AM
4 teams are after Kamara at Dundee not sure if Hibs are one of them.

Heisenberg
31-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Daily Mail reporter now saying there’s interest in Ambrose from Turkey.

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Kiev bidding £7 million for Morelos apparently

RupertsBollocks
31-08-2018, 11:18 AM

Ahh - it’s the “summer transfer thread”.

Good enough?

Sean1875
31-08-2018, 11:19 AM

Madness. The Rangers would be mental to turn that down

GloryGlory
31-08-2018, 11:21 AM

Some suggestions on KDS that SA is actively looking for a payoff and release. So mibbes aye, mibbes no. :dunno:

houstonhibbee
31-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Ahh - it’s the “summer transfer thread”.

Good enough?

No if you go by the OP

Ryan69
31-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Madness. The Rangers would be mental to turn that down

£7 million for him???

No chance thats true.

Will just be Scottish Media trying to stir up interest...then probably sells to someone for £3 million.

Baw187
31-08-2018, 11:25 AM
The thing is our midfield last season only really came together latterly. There were numerous threads regarding selling McGeoch because he was injury prone and in his early days critisism of SJM having quiet games. My point is we didnt buy the midfield that we sold. It was developed over at least 2 seasons. No reason why we cant do that again......but then folk have to realise that its a work in progress and might take 6 months to a year to get there?

Well said. That is our model and we should be behind it rather than calling for the Hearts approach of signing a load of randoms.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2018, 11:29 AM
£7 million for him???

No chance thats true.

Will just be Scottish Media trying to stir up interest...then probably sells to someone for £3 million.

Exactly

Just like they "turned down" £8m from China for him

The mighty and powerful the rangers can turn down big bids - oooooooo I shake at their mighty presence

Sean1875
31-08-2018, 11:35 AM
£7 million for him???

No chance thats true.

Did they not reject and describe a £3.75mil bid they had for him a few weeks ago as 'derisory'? I hope you're right but for some reason teams seem willing to shell out a good few bob for him.

CockneyRebel
31-08-2018, 11:42 AM

That's why they aren't here any more.

basehibby
31-08-2018, 11:44 AM

I remember donkeys ago under McLeish when we lost Kenny Miller to Der Hun albeit for 2 or 3 million squid.

I was gutted at the time as Miller's potential was easy to see. But as it happened McLeish ended up imroving the team with the proceeds, partly by going out and signing David Zitelli - a player nearing the end of his career to replace a player just starting out on his very successful journey in football. At that point in time Zitelli probably WAS a better player than Miller, but obviously, with most of his career behind him his transfer value (although probably not his wage) was a fraction of the youthful and full of promise Miller's.

So - McLeish on that occasion DID manage to replace like with like and probably with a marginal improvement - and that is the challenge for Lennon now with our Midfield. So far I think he's done really well with both Mallan and Horgan both looking tremendous captures if markedly different in style from McGinn and McGeough. Replacing McGinn in particular - a player who has Scotland Captain written all over him in big letters - was always going to be a challenge and I think Lennon is hoping, in a similar way to the Miller/Zitelli scenario, that Milligan with his wealth of experience and dig will go some way to filling that gap.

greenpaper55
31-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Twitter has us after a defender from Fleetwood Cian Bolger ! make of it what you will.

Winston Ingram
31-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Jim Traynor tell ye that by any chance?:tin hat:

yerauldda
31-08-2018, 11:56 AM
The Cat on twitter saying Allan deal far from dead..

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Why isn’t he on here where he belongs?!! 😬

yerauldda
31-08-2018, 12:01 PM

No idea! It's a load of Freddie White if you ask me..

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 12:03 PM
No idea! It's a load of Freddie White if you ask me..

😂 beat it you.

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 12:04 PM
😂 beat it you.

Ha ha

Brooster
31-08-2018, 12:04 PM

Haha.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 12:05 PM

I’ve left Hibs.net for £5m to play for Twitter! .Net wouldn’t give me anough money. 😁

Hamish
31-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Paul Caddis released from contract by Blackburn.

Has he not been mentioned on transfer threads on here before?

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 12:06 PM
I’ve left Hibs.net for £5m to play for Twitter! .Net wouldn’t give me anough money. 😁

You won’t hack it!

GloryGlory

PETRIE!! GET IT SORTED!! :greengrin

flash
Haha.

Good haha or haha he is wrong?

stokesmessiah

Probably because he gets bog all but pelters !

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 12:07 PM
You won’t hack it!

It’ll be tough to force my way in but I’m hopeful!

Onto transfers, Scott Allan deal still on, but it will go to the wire!

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Probably because he gets bog all but pelters !

This

hfc rd
31-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Cheers for the £5M!

We can put £150K of that £5M to bring Griffiths back to Hibs 😁

CRAZYHIBBY
In other news...demetri mitchell running his mouth saying who are hibs.....how many derbies has he won again ?

Jim44
I’ve left Hibs.net for £5m to play for Twitter! .Net wouldn’t give me anough money. ��

Money should mean nothing to a prophet (:greengrin) who craves the affection and attention of his flock.

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Four hours until the madness ends and we can all go back to being normal human beings.

CockneyRebel
31-08-2018, 12:09 PM

Any sell-on clause?

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 12:10 PM
In other news...demetri mitchell running his mouth saying who are hibs.....how many derbies has he won again ?

Do that lot pay players to spout this pi*h

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Four hours until the madness ends and we can all go back to being normal human beings.

Isnt it midnight?

Benjeloon
31-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Isnt it midnight?

Yeah it's midnight unfortunately. The suspense continues...

hfc rd
31-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Thought it ends at midnight?

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Do that lot pay players to spout this pi*h

Does make you wonder doesnt it.....kind of sums them up just now

CockneyRebel
31-08-2018, 12:16 PM

Thought it closed at midnight?

Doh!! Youse folk are far too fast on the keyboard.

CapitalGreen
31-08-2018, 12:17 PM

He's played in 2 derbies and Hearts won them both.

Lago
31-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Stop getting above yourself & remember your roots, besides I don't do Twitter.😎

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Yeah it's midnight unfortunately. The suspense continues...

Oh god why

PatHead
31-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Daily Mail reporter now saying there’s interest in Ambrose from Turkey.

I had heard someone was interested but we won’t sell unless we have a replacement. Would be disappointed if Efe left. Suppose it depends on who we replace him with.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Anthony Brown ⚽️‏
@anthonyabrown (https://twitter.com/anthonyabrown) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/anthonyabrown/status/1035501564465766400)
More

Neil Lennon confirms Scott Allan won’t be returning to Hibs today. “It’s dead. It’s not happening.” Says he has “a few plates spinning” and confirms Efe Ambrose could be heading to Turkey

Tug Wilson
31-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Was wanting an early night tonight but looks like I will be up until midnight checking all media for the announcement of Scott Allan to Hibernian.

Then on here straight after for the gnashing of teeth or the chorus of celebration depending on if it happens.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Any sell-on clause?

Can’t discuss any sell-on fees 😁

Callum_62
Was wanting an early night tonight but looks like I will be up until midnight checking all media for the announcement of Scott Allan to Hibernian.

Then on here straight after for the gnashing of teeth or the chorus of celebration depending on if it happens.

If Lenny is to be believed, no need. Its dead

Thecat23
Anthony Brown ⚽️‏
@anthonyabrown (https://twitter.com/anthonyabrown) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/anthonyabrown/status/1035501564465766400)
More

Neil Lennon confirms Scott Allan won’t be returning to Hibs today. “It’s dead. It’s not happening.” Says he has “a few plates spinning” and confirms Efe Ambrose could be heading to Turkey

Lennon said the same about Maclaren as well. A week later he signed! Hope this will happen again.

Bobby's Cinema
31-08-2018, 12:23 PM
I did think the other day when NL said he wanted a ball playing centre half, hmm that sounds like efe..

GGTTH07
31-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Probably over reacting, but that’s very poor on our behalf if we don’t get Allan.

Shrekko
31-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Probably over reacting, but that’s very poor on our behalf if we don’t get Allan.

‘Probably’?

Northernhibee
31-08-2018, 12:26 PM

Why pay £250k for a player Celtic don’t want and will be available in January for nowt?

PatHead
31-08-2018, 12:27 PM

How? He is a Celtic player. If they won’t sell him to us how is it “poor on our behalf?”

Just because a club wants one of your players doesn’t mean you have to sell them.

JimBHibees
31-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Why pay £250k for a player Celtic don’t want and will be available in January for nowt?

He wont though

flash

Based on what would it be very poor by us?

Diclonius
Anthony Brown ⚽️‏
@anthonyabrown
(https://twitter.com/anthonyabrown) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/anthonyabrown/status/1035501564465766400) More

Thecat23

I think it’s risky as other teams will be in for him as well. Pay the money get him in. Petrie and Lawwell do not get on so talks from this morning have clearly went pear shaped and Lennons pulled the plug if he’s telling the truth about it being dead.

flash
31-08-2018, 12:30 PM

Is this 250 same as the 150 for Sparky as in completely fabricated?

Betty Boop
31-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Steven Caulker?

How? He is a Celtic player. If they won’t sell him to us how is it “poor on our behalf?”

Just because a club wants one of your players doesn’t mean you have to sell them.

We can't afford his wages anyway.

keep the faith
31-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Anthony Brown ⚽️‏
More

Gutted! Allan was the one this window 🙁

Real Emerald
Anthony Brown ⚽️‏
More

If those spinning plates all fall and Efe goes, I wonder how happy Lennon will be about the situation. He definitely wanted to strengthen all areas last Saturday and to further weaken one of these areas will not be very pleasing. He’s already had a wee dig after the Hearts game about ambition, just hope he’s still going to be as happy with the current squad when the window closes. Fingers crossed 🤞

Gloucester Hibs
Based on what would it be very poor by us?

Poor by Celtic on the face of it. What's in it for them by retaining him other than a GIRFUY to Hibs?

Ryan69
31-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Is this 250 same as the 150 for Sparky as in completely fabricated?

If we could sign him for that amount instantly....We would be mad not too!

Huge player for Hibs last season and can have a huge sell on value eventually also.

jeffers
31-08-2018, 12:33 PM
I think it’s risky as other teams will be in for him as well. Pay the money get him in. Petrie and Lawwell do not get on so talks from this morning have clearly went pear shaped and Lennons pulled the plug if he’s telling the truth about it being dead.

If we don't get him now I don't think we'll get him at all. I'm v disappointed it is looking like he won't be signing, he would have been the difference (imo) of us challenging for 2nd/3rd and just getting into the top 6.

PatHead
If those spinning plates all fall and Efe goes, I wonder how happy Lennon will be about the situation. He definitely wanted to strengthen all areas last Saturday and to further weaken one of these areas will not be very pleasing. He’s already had a wee dig after the Hearts game about ambition, just hope he’s still going to be as happy with the current squad when the window closes. Fingers crossed 🤞
Efe won’t go unless there is a replacement.

Thecat23

My thoughts exactly.

calumhibee1
31-08-2018, 12:34 PM

Not this again :greengrin

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 12:34 PM
If we don't get him now I don't think we'll get him at all. I'm v disappointed it is looking like he won't be signing, he would have been the difference (imo) of us challenging for 2nd/3rd and just getting into the top 6.

I agree, if he doesn’t sign today Allan I don’t think will be here anytime soon if at all. The Rangers I think will go for him!

bingo70
31-08-2018, 12:35 PM
I love Scott Allan and i wanted us to sign him again however IMO we simply didn't need him. If a deal was there to be had at low cost then it would be worth it but i personally don't think we could justify paying decent money at another attacking midfielder, getting all these player in the team would play havoc with the shape of the side.

Allant1981

so you think the squad as its stands are just better than a bottom 6 squad, dont be daft

Baw187
Lennon said the same about Maclaren as well. A week later he signed! Hope this will happen again.

I think the difference is that a lot change in a week. If Lennon feels this is dead with hours to go till the deadline, I’d be inclined to take it on face value.

Disappointing but hopefully we’ll bring in a surprise that nobody expects a la Milligan.

Would be gutted if Efe left.

Real Emerald

If there’s a rumoured get out clause then we won’t be able to stop it.

PatHead
31-08-2018, 12:36 PM

Who was involved in the talks with there being a board meeting this morning?

Ich liebe Deek
31-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Plate spinning?!Yogi cliche bingo at its finest.Sprinkle a bit of magic dust on the Adonis and it’s a full house.

calumhibee1
31-08-2018, 12:37 PM
I love Scott Allan and i wanted us to sign him again however IMO we simply didn't need him. If a deal was there to be had at low cost then it would be worth it but i personally don't think we could justify paying decent money at another attacking midfielder, getting all these player in the team would play havoc with the shape of the side.

The big thing with Allan though is that in the second half of last season he was streets ahead of anything we’ve got now. We definitely don’t need him numbers wise, but he would improve us massively.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Who was involved in the talks with there being a board meeting this morning?

I’ve no idea who was involved. I do know we have been in contact with Allan and his representatives.

Gordy M
31-08-2018, 12:38 PM
I’ve no idea who was involved. I do know we have been in contact with Allan and his representatives.

Does that mean that Celtic had allowed us to do so? That suggests we agreed a deal with them?

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 12:40 PM
so you think the squad as its stands are just better than a bottom 6 squad, dont be daft

I just hope that after the highs of the last couple of seasons, we don’t now come to a standstill or worse go into reverse

bingo70
31-08-2018, 12:41 PM
The big thing with Allan though is that in the second half of last season he was streets ahead of anything we’ve got now. We definitely don’t need him numbers wise, but he would improve us massively.

I don't think we know that until Hyndman (who hasn't really done anything yet i admit) and Horgan are up to speed. Horgan in particular looks right at home in the central attacking midfield position, even if he was originally signed as a winger.

Truth is you might end up being right but as it stands right now if we were to start with Boyle, Agyepong and Horgan then that is plenty creativity, the other midfielders would be providing the steel. IMO Allan in there as well and the team is too lightweight, too attacking and the balance is wrong.

jeffers
31-08-2018, 12:42 PM

That's not what I said. I said I think Scott Allan would be the difference between us challenging for 2nd and 3rd and just being in the top 6 teams.

calumhibee1
31-08-2018, 12:43 PM
I don't think we know that until Hyndman (who hasn't really done anything yet i admit) and Horgan are up to speed. Horgan in particular looks right at home in the central attacking midfield position, even if he was originally signed as a winger.

Truth is you might end up being right but as it stands right now if we were to start with Boyle, Agyepong and Horgan then that is plenty creativity, the other midfielders would be providing the steel. IMO Allan in there as well and the team is too lightweight, too attacking and the balance is wrong.

True about Horgan, he’s looked very promising so far.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Does that mean that Celtic had allowed us to do so? That suggests we agreed a deal with them?

We along with other clubs can speak to Allan with their permission. If terms can be agreed with the player then Hibs and Celtic would then try to sort a fee. Seems that’s the stumbling block now!

RossScott1991
31-08-2018, 12:44 PM
So no Allan. Big efe away (gutted about that I think he has been mainly brilliant for hibs starts attack’s from the back)

And in replace is a Fleetwood defender on loan??

Come on hibs pull something off

jeffers
I agree, if he doesn’t sign today Allan I don’t think will be here anytime soon if at all. The Rangers I think will go for him!

Yup that's been my fear that he'll end up at the Huns.

Gordy M
We along with other clubs can speak to Allan with their permission. If terms can be agreed with the player then Hibs and Celtic would then try to sort a fee. Seems that’s the stumbling block now!

Ah ok....cheers! Hopefully that can be sorted.

Diclonius
I wonder if Allan handing in a transfer request might change things.

Allant1981
31-08-2018, 12:45 PM
I just hope that after the highs of the last couple of seasons, we don’t now come to a standstill or worse go into reverse

it hasnt looked like it so far this season, think we will comfortably be top 6 and hopefully top 4

Heisenberg
31-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Lennon saying there was never anything in the Scott Allan rumours.

Lennon also confirmed that any interest in bringing midfielder Scott Allan back from Celtic has been dropped.

“That was never on,” he said. “There’s nothing in that at all. There never was. I’m well covered in that position – we’re not looking in that area at the minute.”

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 12:46 PM
it hasnt looked like it so far this season, think we will comfortably be top 6 and hopefully top 4

Yes, but I thought we would have at least second as a target

Allant1981
31-08-2018, 12:47 PM

you always look to improve but this is only our second season back in the premier league with almost a brand new sqaud, think we will be pushing for europe again

calumhibee1
31-08-2018, 12:48 PM
I wonder if Allan handing in a transfer request might change things.

#handitin

Ozyhibby

Lennon also confirmed that any interest in bringing midfielder Scott Allan back from Celtic has been dropped.

“That was never on,” he said. “There’s nothing in that at all. There never was. I’m well covered in that position – we’re not looking in that area at the minute.”

I rate Allan very highly and was one of the few who wanted him back last season but Lennon is right, we are well covered in that position. I’d rather get a player like Kamara or equivalent.

Jones28

At least 2nd? Really?

1van Sprou7e
31-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Not looking great for us

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 12:49 PM
At least 2nd? Really?

Why not?

Real Emerald
31-08-2018, 12:50 PM

I agree about the balance being wrong at the moment. We have three wide players, one being used as a midfielder and the other as a striker. We must therefore be short in midfield and upfront, admittedly due to injuries, fitness, red tape or whatever. We’ll need to see where we are when these problems clear up but it’s rare if we don’t see other injuries or suspensions appearing.

Bottom line for me is we don’t have a deep enough squad although it’s difficult to cover everything. This window was an opportunity to try and do so in my opinion when the team and supporters were on a high. Time will tell.

Mcpakeisgod
31-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Strap in boys ....

Joe6-2
Strap in boys ....

Don’t tease!

Jones28
Why not?

Ambition is good, realism suggests third would a more realistic target. No point in setting up to fail.

Allant1981
31-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Not looking great for us

not looking great in what respect? we have done a lot of business this transfer window and still have milligan to come in, possibly one short up front but boyle can always go up top if required, he is never going to be as good as kamberi etc but still gives defenders a nightmare

Thecat23

Lennon has said a lot of stuff to the press that is bollocks. Again he told them Maclaren deal was dead as well. Think it’s to save face at times in case deals don’t happen.

Joe6-2
Ambition is good, realism suggests third would a more realistic target. No point in setting up to fail.

We weren’t far away last season, and it would surely have been the next progression

ToffeeCabbage
31-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Strap in boys ....For a signing? Or the meltdown if there isn't one?

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2018, 12:54 PM

Loving your ambitious approach. Think it may be a touch 'over ambitious' though.

Joe6-2
Lennon has said a lot of stuff to the press that is bollocks. Again he told them Maclaren deal was dead as well. Think it’s to save face at times in case deals don’t happen.

So is he talking bollocks? Saving face?

Gordy M

That doesnt make sense??? If we were never in for Scott Allan then how could the interest in signing him be dropped?

Jones28
31-08-2018, 12:55 PM
We weren’t far away last season, and it would surely have been the next progression

In the context of rangers strengthening and going unbeaten under gerrard I'd think third would be the target.

I would love to be wrong and I probably am knowing the ambitiousness of Lenny!

Winston Ingram
31-08-2018, 12:55 PM

I'd heard Efe had a buyout clause of around £300k.

Unfortunately, i can't remember who told me that.

calumhibee1
31-08-2018, 12:56 PM
In the context of rangers strengthening and going unbeaten under gerrard I'd think third would be the target.

I would love to be wrong and I probably am knowing the ambitiousness of Lenny!

Rangers are behind us. Why would we not aim to challenge them? After this weekend they’ll most likely have won 1 of their first 4 in the league.

Thecat23
So is he talking bollocks? Saving face?

Well why would he say it when Hibs have been in talks?

1van Sprou7e
not looking great in what respect? we have done a lot of business this transfer window and still have milligan to come in, possibly one short up front but boyle can always go up top if required, he is never going to be as good as kamberi etc but still gives defenders a nightmare

Imo we are definitely short up top especially if the rumours about kamberi's injury being worse than expected and I think we are really lacking energy and aggression in midfield

Let's see if we can sort anything today though

Gordy M
Folk do realise that we have only lost one game this season?? Away to molde who beat Zenit last night?? The way some golk go on you would think we were really struggling and losing every week?

IvanSproule
31-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Imo we are definitely short up top especially if the rumours about kamberi's injury being worse than expected and I think we are really lacking energy and aggression in midfield

Let's see if we can sort anything today though

Heard last night that Kamberi should be back in full training within the next week.

sean04
31-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Folk do realise that we have only lost one game this season?? Away to molde who beat Zenit last night?? The way some golk go on you would think we were really struggling and losing every week?

And shouldve at least took a goal advantage over there. Flo and macca weren't fit. No Horgan. Just lost sjm. Molde were winning in Russian for a long time as well. Think zenit scored 3 in the last 20mins

basehibby
31-08-2018, 01:08 PM

WTF is Demetri Mitchell? Apart from an ignorant know-nothing fud of course

calumhibee1
31-08-2018, 01:09 PM

I’m not surprised he doesn’t know us. He wouldn’t have been able to see us from that far back last season.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 01:09 PM

He’s a Man U cast off that cares so little for the team he’s getting made to play for that he doesn’t even know who finished above them in the league.

MacGruber
31-08-2018, 01:11 PM

It's the elephant in the room but people are angsty whether they care to admit it or not that Hearts have undoubtedly strenghtened and are sitting top of the league. They have obviously got money from somewhere and are rolling the dice. We were miles ahead of them last year. Since then they have improved - that is pretty evideny - and we have weakened which is also pretty clear. Have they done enough to close the massive chasm gap or just reduce it? Time will tell. In the meantime Hibees are on edge.

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2018, 01:14 PM
It's the elephant in the room but people are angsty whether they care to admit it or not that Hearts have undoubtedly strenghtened and are sitting top of the league. They have obviously got money from somewhere and are rolling the dice. We were miles ahead of them last year. Since then they have improved - that is pretty evideny - and we have weakened which is also pretty clear. Have they done enough to close the massive chasm gap or just reduce it? Time will tell. In the meantime Hibees are on edge.

To be fair, it didn't need very much to improve the yams. How much they've improved is still to be seen. I have my doubts though. I'd certainly be more worried if they were signing quality.

bingo70
31-08-2018, 01:15 PM

We're three games into the season. Neither of those things are obvious.

Hibs were top of the league at this point the season we got relegated in 98.

col02

If being better than Hearts is the limit of some Hibs fans ambition then I feel sorry for them!

RossScott1991

They have closed the gap. It doesn’t take a lot for that to happen quickly in scotland. We are significantly weaker, I believe we should have pushed abit harder to signed quality. Horgan is a wide player having to fill in centrally, Boyle is a wide player having to fill up front.

We don’t know how good Milligan and hyndman will be. Slivka is a hit or a miss. Bartley didn’t play much last season especially in our big / best wins. We have a aging Whittaker who can’t be relied on.

I don’t think it’s been a bad window, but I definitely think we could have done a lot better. It’s going to be a dogfight with Aberdeen and hearts this season.

1van Sprou7e
31-08-2018, 01:20 PM
We're three games into the season. Neither of those things are obvious.

Hibs were top of the league at this point the season we got relegated in 98.

I think it is obvious that we have weakened

We have lost 3 of Scotland's best midfielders in one window

Sean1875
31-08-2018, 01:20 PM

I'll give them the Celtic game as credible (just, as they seem to be toiling just now and were in the middle of European qualification) but apart from that they beat one of the favourites for relegation and scraped past a weakend Killie team only after they were reduced to 10 men. I'm not worried about Hearts.

makaveli1875
31-08-2018, 01:22 PM
They have closed the gap. It doesn’t take a lot for that to happen quickly in scotland. We are significantly weaker, I believe we should have pushed abit harder to signed quality. Horgan is a wide player having to fill in centrally, Boyle is a wide player having to fill up front.

We don’t know how good Milligan and hyndman will be. Slivka is a hit or a miss. Bartley didn’t play much last season especially in our big / best wins. We have a aging Whittaker who can’t be relied on.

I don’t think it’s been a bad window, but I definitely think we could have done a lot better. It’s going to be a dogfight with Aberdeen and hearts this season.

We have signed quality , who were you expecting De Bruyne and Hazard ?

Lago
31-08-2018, 01:25 PM

Well thats a turn around, it has been the talk of the steamy all summer so to say it was never on bit late in the day for that info. Disappointed.:confused:

bingo70
31-08-2018, 01:27 PM

I don't think it is at all.

We may have lost those midfielders but IMO one of our downfalls last season was goals from the middle of the park. It looks like Mallan and Horgan could well address that issue.

Brandon Barker only really came onto a game the last few months of the season, if Agyepong can hit the ground running then that'll be another bonus.

You may end up being right however it is far from obvious at this stage IMO.

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2018, 01:27 PM
not looking great in what respect? we have done a lot of business this transfer window and still have milligan to come in, possibly one short up front but boyle can always go up top if required, he is never going to be as good as kamberi etc but still gives defenders a nightmareSorry but Boyle can't play up top...he's pretty poor as a striker and we lose our best wide player at same time...so no from me we deffo need another striker imo

Heedersnvolleys
31-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Summed it up pretty well. A bit like how I feel. Weaker in positions we knew we were going to loose quality.

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Looks like thecat123 was talking ***** all along...got lucky with a few wild guesses though

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 01:30 PM
I dont believe for a moment that hibs are not interested in Scott Allan

1van Sprou7e
31-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Looks like thecat123 was talking ***** all along...got lucky with a few wild guesses though

🎣

The_Horde

Lennon is lying. He said just last week that "the 4 Loanees all wanted to come back but we haven't managed to get them over the line" or words to that effect.

Allant1981
Sorry but Boyle can't play up top...he's pretty poor as a striker and we lose our best wide player at same time...so no from me we deffo need another striker imo

he can play up front, and has done, he isnt a goal scorer i agree but he is very much a forward

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 01:33 PM

Eh? Got lucky? Hibs 100% have been speaking to Celtic and Allan. Lennon said Maclaren deal was done in the water a week before he signed. Managers spin the press crap all the time.

But to say I’m talking ***** is nonsense. But cheers anyway.!

Real Emerald
Sorry but Boyle can't play up top...he's pretty poor as a striker and we lose our best wide player at same time...so no from me we deffo need another striker imo

100% agree with this, it’s so annoying that one switch of a player weakens you in 2 areas. I’d rather see Boyle staying on the wing and having any proper striker up top with Shaw than losing out on 2 positions. I know it’s temporary but we need another striker, or shouldn’t have sold Murray, one of the two. Even a season loan for someone not getting a game somewhere would have been good. There must be someone in that position.

Pagan Hibernia

I suppose we’ll find out in January

Shrekko
31-08-2018, 01:34 PM

Not everyone can be as insightful and interesting as you mate👍

Lago
31-08-2018, 01:34 PM

Agree, but think it will be a happy with what weve got situation at the end of the day.

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Allan isn't what we need. A defensive midfielder is. Thats Milligan. Just hope he gets his work permit before 2019

Jeebsys strike
31-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Hibs have made zero approach to celtic over scott allan. Scotty wants to come back but hibs have made no attempt to get him

superfurryhibby
31-08-2018, 01:37 PM

I assume the irony of that comment is lost on you, given your status as one of the biggest slavers on here, lol.

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Eh? Got lucky? Hibs 100% have been speaking to Celtic and Allan. Lennon said Maclaren deal was done in the water a week before he signed. Managers spin the press crap all the time.

No wonder you absconded to Twitter

1van Sprou7e
I assume the irony of that comment is lost on you, given your status as one of the biggest slavers on here, lol.

Don't bite

HIBERNIAN-0762

This 100%

JimboHibs
31-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Truthfully who from Hearts starting 11 would you put in our starting 11 ?

Mitchell definitely other than that they've got some decent players but wouldn't swop Hanlon for Berra or Soapy ?

Scorrie

I think it’s a bit early to say for me. Horgan looks very useful and We haven’t seen Milligan play yet so I won’t make my mind up for a few weeks. Also the transfer window hasn’t closed yet...

RoxburghHibs
Allan isn't what we need. A defensive midfielder is. Thats Milligan. Just hope he gets his work permit before 2019

Agreed to a certain extent - however I really believe we also need someone like Allan.

It's clear Hibs are trying to get him (and no doubt they are doing all they can and you don't need to be ITK to know that) however the ball is firmly in Celtic's court - so we can only wait and see what happens. Hopefully this goes through :aok:

Smartie
31-08-2018, 01:40 PM
The last time I saw folk so desperate for the cat to come a cropper I was watching Tom and Jerry.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 01:41 PM

Exactly, but hey-ho I don’t know him so he can think what he likes.

Lago
31-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Ignore him, I really think Lennon is mudding the waters having failed to get him on board.

Congruence
31-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Exactly, but hey-ho I don’t know him so he can think what he likes.
Your info has been possibly the best on here...:top marks

Beefster
31-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Lennon said Maclaren deal was done in the water a week before he signed.

Have you got a link to that? I remember him saying something about it being unlikely/down to Damstadt not long after the end of the season but I’m not aware of him claiming it was off a week before the actual signing. Would be good to read what he actually said.

If anyone stops posting on hibs.net because they are unhappy at being challenged, Twitter might not be the best place for them. It’s about 1000x worse than the very worst of hibs.net.

HoboHarry
31-08-2018, 01:47 PM
The last time I saw folk so desperate for the cat to come a cropper I was watching Tom and Jerry.
My dog devotes his entire life to seeing that the cat gets his comeuppance.......

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Have you got a link to that? I remember him saying something about it being unlikely/down to Damstadt not long after the end of the season but I’m not aware of him claiming it was off a week before the actual signing. Would be good to read what he actually said.

If anyone stops posting on hibs.net because they are unhappy at being challenged, Twitter might not be the best place for them. It’s about 1000x worse than the very worst of hibs.net.

Will have a look. “Dead in the water” was the quote If I remember right.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 01:49 PM
My dog devotes his entire life to seeing that the cat gets his comeuppance.......

😉🖕🏼

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Where are the snack updates? must be better than talking about Hearts.