PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60

Edinburgh Green
28-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Kamara is in the last year of his contract with Dundee. The English market is closed. So maybe Dundee will be agreeable to a small transfer fee with a decent sell on clause.

He then signs for us on a 3 year contract, improves his profile whilst becoming a better player and playing in a better team.

We then sell him on to an English side for a decent wedge, Dundee get a good share of that and our reputation for developing young players grows.

Seems good to me.

The English clubs are getting round this by signing players on loan with an agreed fee to buy in January, so they are still in the race for any potential target.

hibees 7062
28-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Keith Wright

SouthMoroccoStu
28-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Albert Kidd

Always liked him

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 06:14 PM
Wasn't he at ICT?

Before he moved to Dundee yeah.

Smartie
28-08-2018, 06:15 PM
I see two of our Gorgie neighbour's recent signings are already away out on loan, Burns and the boy from Partick Thistle.

If that is not p**sing the fans money against the wall I don't know what is.

They are being taken for right mugs.

The fact that those players are making way for players like Demetri Mitchell will mean that the fans will be perfectly happy.

Jim44
28-08-2018, 06:20 PM
I see two of our Gorgie neighbour's recent signings are already away out on loan, Burns and the boy from Partick Thistle.

The things is tho’ is that they are very happy mugs at the moment.

Dancehibs
28-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Hibs started speaking to Dundee a few weeks ago re Kamara. Stumbling block was fee Dundee want. One million.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Is Slivka going to become the new scapegoat? Some incredible comments about him. He is a quality player.Would certainly appear so...Whittaker played well at the weekend so a new victim is required

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lago
28-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Would certainly appear so...Whittaker played well at the weekend so a new victim is required

Your right there is always one, takes me back to the days of Joe Tortolano or Bennie Brazil, always got a hard time from a certain section. Nothing changes.😀

SirDavidsNapper

Top of the league with 100% record beating the champions along the way. I don't think they'll be to bothered to be honest.

bingo70
Would certainly appear so...Whittaker played well at the weekend so a new victim is required

He’s not really.

Lennon has said that some players may leave before the transfer window closes, it’s pretty normal to speculate as to what players it may be that leaves.

Looks like Slivka may struggle to hold down a first team place so it’s pretty normal for people to suggest it may be him that leaves.

Souter96Mac
28-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Would be some window if we got Kamara and Allan. Frightening.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Hibs started speaking to Dundee a few weeks ago re Kamara. Stumbling block was fee Dundee want. One million.

Nae chance they’re getting that

Spike Mandela
28-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Would be some window if we got Kamara and Allan. Frightening.

What kind of window would it be if we got neither?

Up The Bracket
28-08-2018, 06:47 PM

Why don’t we just sit tight and get him for nothing in January like Celtic are doing

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 06:47 PM

Never liked the term scapegoat, but surely folk can have the opinion that if Hibs want to be the second or even third best side guys like Slivka who Lennon doesn’t pick isn’t good enough to play weekly. Also what’s he done that you would say he should play weekly. Not having a go here just interested in why folk think he should start weekly. For me we should and could get better.

CapitalGreen
28-08-2018, 06:50 PM

The lad burns is just 18 and an excellent prospect, he’ll benefit from regular game time at a smaller club. I’m not sure why more of our young players aren’t out on loan yet, hopefully see some movement in this regard before the end of the week.

As for the Edwards boy it was a strange signing, he looked pish for Patrick.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2018, 07:01 PM
Never liked the term scapegoat, but surely folk can have the opinion that if Hibs want to be the second or even third best side guys like Slivka who Lennon doesn’t pick isn’t good enough to play weekly. Also what’s he done that you would say he should play weekly. Not having a go here just interested in why folk think he should start weekly. For me we should and could get better.I never said he should play weekly mate but it's a squad game and he will be needed at some stage due to injuries suspensions etc. What I object to is people writing him off when I honestly don't think he's ever had a fair crack in his natural position...he may well move on but he seems to have become the new .net no1 target due to his poor performance in Molde...he wasn't alone in being poor that night. Once the guy has played 4 or 5 games in a row...surely that's the time to be judging him...he's never had that opportunity to date imo...

Zazu62
28-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Just don’t see us having Whittaker, Bartley, Milligan AND Kamara

Shrekko
28-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Never liked the term scapegoat, but surely folk can have the opinion that if Hibs want to be the second or even third best side guys like Slivka who Lennon doesn’t pick isn’t good enough to play weekly. Also what’s he done that you would say he should play weekly. Not having a go here just interested in why folk think he should start weekly. For me we should and could get better.
Would probably agree with most of that but he’s also done nothing to deserve some of the ultra negative comments aimed at him. The boy has time on his side. Considering young Scots or Brit’s are normally not brave enough to go abroad and normally bomb because they miss their Mammy’s it’s ironic that we seem unprepared to show patience with a young lad from a foreign country.

The problem I have generally is that people seem to prefer highlighting perceived negatives and as a fan base we seem to have lost a bit of
humility going by a lot of what you read on here.

Seeing some of the comments about Stevie Mallan genuinely have me shaking my head at peoples expectations.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Would probably agree with most of that but he’s also done nothing to deserve some of the ultra negative comments aimed at him. The boy has time on his side. Considering young Scots or Brit’s are normally not brave enough to go abroad and normally bomb because they miss their Mammy’s it’s ironic that we seem unprepared to show patience with a young lad from a foreign country.

The problem I have generally is that people seem to prefer highlighting perceived negatives and as a fan base we seem to have lost a bit of

Seeing some of the comments about Stevie Mallan genuinely have me shaking my head at peoples expectations.Thanks for that mate you clarified exactly what I was trying to get across in my previous post...I've no idea if Slivka will turn out to be decent or not but don't think he's had anything like a fair chance and certainly done nothing to attract some of the negative comments about him on here so far...he deserves a bit more patience from us imo. I don't see him moving on TBH and think he will have a part to play with us this season

allmodcons
28-08-2018, 07:13 PM

I'm not sure he should start weekly but he's a damn good player and having strength in depth is really important these days.

Players like Slivka, Whittaker, Agyepong, Bartley, Hyndman & Shaw may not start every week but with injuries guaranteed they are all players more than capable of making an impression.

If we can get Scott Allan in from Celtic (any news by the way) Lennon will have a really good squad of players at his disposal.

J-C
28-08-2018, 07:17 PM
I never said he should play weekly mate but it's a squad game and he will be needed at some stage due to injuries suspensions etc. What I object to is people writing him off when I honestly don't think he's ever had a fair crack in his natural position...he may well move on but he seems to have become the new .net no1 target due to his poor performance in Molde...he wasn't alone in being poor that night. Once the guy has played 4 or 5 games in a row...surely that's the time to be judging him...he's never had that opportunity to date imo...

Maybe he's not doing enough in training, if he's a standout there and bossing the training sessions, then Lennon would be stupid to ignore him. He's a tidy decent technical player who I feel doesn't influence the game enough when he does either start or come on as a sub, I've wanted him to do well as he looks like he could be a right player but right now he's not doing enough.

Saturday was a prime example, we had Whittaker playing deep midfielder, not his natural position, he played ok stuck in a few challenges and made a few decent passes, was there any reason Slivka couldn't do that, Dylan did it every week, he's not a big tackling DM but he was the 1st on the team sheet. Slivka should be making sure Lennon can't overlook him, we don't know what happens at training so we don't know why Lennon doesn't pick him, sometimes players work out and sometimes they don't.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Maybe he's not doing enough in training, if he's a standout there and bossing the training sessions, then Lennon would be stupid to ignore him. He's a tidy decent technical player who I feel doesn't influence the game enough when he does either start or come on as a sub, I've wanted him to do well as he looks like he could be a right player but right now he's not doing enough.

Saturday was a prime example, we had Whittaker playing deep midfielder, not his natural position, he played ok stuck in a few challenges and made a few decent passes, was there any reason Slivka couldn't do that, Dylan did it every week, he's not a big tackling DM but he was the 1st on the team sheet. Slivka should be making sure Lennon can't overlook him, we don't know what happens at training so we don't know why Lennon doesn't pick him, sometimes players work out and sometimes they don't.Listen I only remarked I thought some of the comments about him were unfair...not sure why people are thinking I posted he should be starting every week...I never said that. I agree with your comments above but if Lennon didn't rate him he wouldn't have played in the majority of the Euro ties

jacomo
28-08-2018, 07:26 PM

Given that shades of grey and nuance are forbidden, I’d say it would be utterly catastrophic.

:wink:

Heisenberg
28-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Mulumbu going to Swansea.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:27 PM
I never said he should play weekly mate but it's a squad game and he will be needed at some stage due to injuries suspensions etc. What I object to is people writing him off when I honestly don't think he's ever had a fair crack in his natural position...he may well move on but he seems to have become the new .net no1 target due to his poor performance in Molde...he wasn't alone in being poor that night. Once the guy has played 4 or 5 games in a row...surely that's the time to be judging him...he's never had that opportunity to date imo...

Fair do’s. I think he’s had plenty chances myself and a good player would take them. No matter where he has been played he’s never stood out. You are right that it’s a squad game these days but I’d rather have a better player in the squad if it meant moving him on. If we can’t so be it I hope he turns out to be a good player. But I won’t hold my breath!

Not In The Know
28-08-2018, 07:28 PM

Saturday was a prime example, we had Whittaker playing deep midfielder, not his natural position, he played ok stuck in a few challenges and made a few decent passes, was there any reason Slivka couldn't do that, Dylan did it every week, he's not a big tackling DM but he was the 1st on the team sheet. Slivka should be making sure Lennon can't overlook him, we don't know what happens at training so we don't know why Lennon doesn't pick him, sometimes players work out and sometimes they don't.

Dylan was incredibly good at winning the ball by nicking it off peoples toes, or by reading the game. He also could collect the ball in really tight spaces and move it on quickly. Everything you want in that position.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:29 PM

Seeing some of the comments about Stevie Mallan genuinely have me shaking my head at peoples expectations.

I get what you mean. I’ve nothing against him and he’s not rubbish. I just don’t think he’s that good either. Mallan is class and not sure how anyone can think he’s been poor but I’ve seen the comments as well bud.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Fair do’s. I think he’s had plenty chances myself and a good player would take them. No matter where he has been played he’s never stood out. You are right that it’s a squad game these days but I’d rather have a better player in the squad if it meant moving him on. If we can’t so be it I hope he turns out to be a good player. But I won’t hold my breath!All about opinions mate but a full international as back up doesn't sound that bad to me for a club that operates on the budget we do...I'm not convinced he won't be here beyond Friday unless there are some quality midfield players incoming in the next 3 days...fingers crossed there are :)

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2018, 07:33 PM

Dont worry, one dodgy pass, and the usual suspects will be asking where he's misplaced his legs again.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Dont worry, one dodgy pass, and the usual suspects will be asking where he's misplaced his legs again.[emoji106][emoji6]

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure he should start weekly but he's a damn good player and having strength in depth is really important these days.

Players like Slivka, Whittaker, Agyepong, Bartley, Hyndman & Shaw may not start every week but with injuries guaranteed they are all players more than capable of making an impression.

If we can get Scott Allan in from Celtic (any news by the way) Lennon will have a really good squad of players at his disposal.

I honestly feel we could bring in better even if it’s to be a squad player. I know many will disagree that’s football. But Slivka just isn’t doing it for me.

Not heard anymore on the Allan stuff, I’m hoping we are close to a deal.

jacomo
28-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Can't remember McGeouch getting stuck in too often? Not that type of player.

Think you're clutching at straws here tbh

Nah it’s fair comment. Dylan was a tenacious wee player and we miss him a lot. Slivka and Mallan aren’t close to that level yet although having a goal scorer in midfield is very welcome.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Dont worry, one dodgy pass, and the usual suspects will be asking where he's misplaced his legs again.

Whitty done really well on sat, but his legs have gone. Not sure how anyone could say otherwise. If they hadn’t he wouldn’t be at Hibs. Maybe the other “usual suspects” just think the same.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:40 PM
All about opinions mate but a full international as back up doesn't sound that bad to me for a club that operates on the budget we do...I'm not convinced he won't be here beyond Friday unless there are some quality midfield players incoming in the next 3 days...fingers crossed there are :)

It is mate that’s the joy of forums 👍🏼 If he’s here beyond fri he’ll defo have my backing every time he plays like all the players.

The_Horde
28-08-2018, 07:42 PM
Whitty done really well on sat, but his legs have gone. Not sure how anyone could say otherwise. If they hadn’t he wouldn’t be at Hibs. Maybe the other “usual suspects” just think the same.

I think people get legs gone and pace gone mixed up.

The two aren't the same.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2018, 07:46 PM

My arse, if your legs have gone whatever that means, then playing at the level we play at would be impossible.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:47 PM
I think people get legs gone and pace gone mixed up.

The two aren't the same.

Pace has defo gone. When I say his legs are gone that’s what I mean. Same when I said Naismith for Hearts. His legs have gone as in pace.

Smartie
28-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Whittaker had put in enough suspect performances that is was reasonable for folk to be questioning him (his game at home to Asteras in particular was a stinker).

He deserves great credit though for turning his form around, and he has gone on to put in a few very solid performances since then - and those who were criticising/ questioning him (I was) should be able to acknowledge that he has been much better of late.

Steven himself will know that some of his performances weren't good enough, and I think that would bother him more than any abuse or grumbles.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:48 PM
My arse, if your legs have gone whatever that means, then playing at the level we play at would be impossible.

Naismith at Hearts legs have gone. As I just explained in another post I mean the pace. Whitty’s strength was always his pace he’s lost this and he’s struggled at times keeping up with his man.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Whittaker had put in enough suspect performances that is was reasonable for folk to be questioning him (his game at home to Asteras in particular was a stinker).

He deserves great credit though for turning his form around, and he has gone on to put in a few very solid performances since then - and those who were criticising/ questioning him (I was) should be able to acknowledge that he has been much better of late.

Steven himself will know that some of his performances weren't good enough, and I think that would bother him more than any abuse or grumbles.

Bang on, I also praised him after sat thought he done very well. But the games before that and the one you highlighted he was brutal and no one could defend him for that and he’ll be the one most disappointed not the fans.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Naismith at Hearts legs have gone. As I just explained in another post I mean the pace. Whitty’s strength was always his pace he’s lost this and he’s struggled at times keeping up with his man.

How did he manage to find his legs again?

SteveHFC
28-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Miller signing for Dundee.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:52 PM

Just going to blank my post about pace then yeah? He’s not found his legs they have still gone but he done well sat.

bingo70
28-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Just going to blank my post about pace then yeah? He’s not found his legs they have still gone but he done well sat.

But if he did well on Saturday did that not prove his legs haven’t gone, he’s just been in poor form?

If he is capable of playing well against the second best team in the country, is he not capable of playing well against the other sides too?

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 07:57 PM
But if he did well on Saturday did that not prove his legs haven’t gone, he’s just been in poor form?

If he is capable of playing well against the second best team in the country, is he not capable of playing well against the other sides too?

No, do you think he still has pace? I don’t, I think he played with his head on sat rather than running about daft like previous games. Sauzee couldn’t run worth a sook but you can play a blinder if you read the game well. Maybe Lennon has helped him with this.

MyJo
28-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Miller signing for Dundee.

Hoping for the managers job when McCann gets the sack in a couple of weeks time :greengrin

DstN75
28-08-2018, 08:01 PM

Without wanting to put words in his mouth I guess he meant 'legs gone' as a figure of speech? Physical decline is presumably gradual. I'd say Whittaker has lost a yard of pace since bombing up and down out wide, which is probably why he's moved to the centre, but he's hardly a washed up wreck.

bingo70
28-08-2018, 08:02 PM
No, do you think he still has pace? I don’t, I think he played with his head on sat rather than running about daft like previous games. Sauzee couldn’t run worth a sook but you can play a blinder if you read the game well. Maybe Lennon has helped him with this.

If he can play well without having pace then I don’t see the problem or why it’s worth mentioning on the first place?

I don’t think he’s particularly fast or slow. I think he started the season poorly but there’s signs he could be coming through the worst of his form.

B.H.F.C
28-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Honestly never thought Whittaker was what you’d describe as quick in the first place. Being a good footballer got him through, didn’t ever think he relied on pace.

Think the ‘legs gone’ argument is an easy criticism to make. Like you say, Sauzee couldn’t run but he passed to Hibs players 99% of the time. For a spell, Whittaker looked like he’d forgotten that we played in green. His last couple of appearances he’s started to turn that round a bit.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 08:07 PM
If he can play well without having pace then I don’t see the problem or why it’s worth mentioning on the first place?

I don’t think he’s particularly fast or slow. I think he started the season poorly but there’s signs he could be coming through the worst of his form.

I mentioned it as pace was always a big part of Whittys game. If he can now adapt then great. It’ll take more than couple of games to convince me but I’d happily come back on if he continues to do well and say I was wrong.

hibees 7062
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/40452028_10156581659071550_806183945782689792_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeE_fJyLx9rUQ2QG1pjuG2K9E4S6bxEHgM5HJhgEO jsJUedGzmfC44QTLt_htf0U8JjSZw-O0nIr8LNfg8APdMaIEnwCkk9tEQGOx97C3bsTTw&oh=350e3f30916aa22f107c49ddf7631c55&oe=5BFA9998

Thecat23
Without wanting to put words in his mouth I guess he meant 'legs gone' as a figure of speech? Physical decline is presumably gradual. I'd say Whittaker has lost a yard of pace since bombing up and down out wide, which is probably why he's moved to the centre, but he's hardly a washed up wreck.

Pretty much this 😁👍🏼

sahib
28-08-2018, 08:10 PM

Not sure, but I cant help feeling that Allan isn't coming here.
If he does, though, he might well be mince this time around.
So why worry?

J-C
28-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Listen I only remarked I thought some of the comments about him were unfair...not sure why people are thinking I posted he should be starting every week...I never said that. I agree with your comments above but if Lennon didn't rate him he wouldn't have played in the majority of the Euro ties

I'm not having a go, just continuing the discussion, all about opinions. I think he looks class at times, good feet, balanced and plays at all times with his head up, although he did start in the Euro games, hes' been on the bench the last couple, saturday being a game he should've really started. As you said in another post, he's a good option to have, maybe not a starter but a squad player, whether he's happy to be a back up is another thing.

J-C
28-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Pace isn't sometimes needed playing DM but when he plays as a RB or when he deputised at LB for Lewis it was blatantly obvious he struggled with the pace, playing DM is more about reading the game and keeping the ball/game ticking along, something McGeouch was superb at and he isn't gifted with great pace.

28-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Not sure, but I cant help feeling that Allan isn't coming here.
If he does, though, he might well be mince this time around.
So why worry?

The loan deal was done on the last day of the January window so I haven't given up hope yet. That said, Celtic wanted Scott Bain that time but this time there seems to be less in it for them i.e. a small (by their standards) reduction in the wage bill.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2018, 08:22 PM
I must have watched a different Whittaker first time around, as i never had him down as particularly quick, but he had a football brain and could play with both feet. I'd certainly say he's still got something to offer, i'd certainly not be saying.

Whitty shouldn’t play another game he’s had to many chances now and his legs have completely gone.

Inconsequential
28-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Date 28/8/18 Tuesday evening. Transfer window closes Friday 31st. Any transfer news involving Hibernian? Coming, going. anything?

Thecat23
I must have watched a different Whittaker first time around, as i never had him down as particularly quick, but he had a football brain and could play with both feet. I'd certainly say he's still got something to offer, i'd certainly not be saying.

Whitty shouldn’t play another game he’s had to many chances now and his legs have completely gone.

He was quick first time he was here. Bombing up the wing he was brilliant to watch. That’s fair enough if you don’t agree, I feel he’s lost the pace but showed on sat he can use the head and he played well.

southern hibby

Really frightening lol

GGTTH

matty_f

He just needed games to get his sharpness etc up, imho.

Folk are too quick to write players off. :agree:

GloryGlory
28-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Date 28/8/18 Tuesday evening. Transfer window closes Friday 31st. Any transfer news involving Hibernian? Coming, going. anything?

Don't think this is the thread for that info! LOL! :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
28-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Don't think this is the thread for that info! LOL! :greengrin

Must be a noob:confused:

fife hfc
28-08-2018, 08:35 PM
I've seen a few people describe Mallan this way and i don't think it could be further from the truth.

His distribution and passing range from the centre of the park was excellent on Saturday. As soon as he gets about 30 yards from goal he gets closed down though, he'll need to get used to that.

I can only assume he's getting this reputation as he's not running around flying into tackles, that's just not his game though.

Spot on. Mallan has played well this season and I have watched most Hibs again on Hibs TV and he does get around the park and close down. Maybe it is that he does fly into tackles that make some think he is lazy. He will be a big player for us.

jacomo
28-08-2018, 08:40 PM
I honestly feel we could bring in better even if it’s to be a squad player. I know many will disagree that’s football. But Slivka just isn’t doing it for me.

Not heard anymore on the Allan stuff, I’m hoping we are close to a deal.

He’s not doing it for me so far this season. I think he could be really good for us but he needs to keep and pass the ball better and show real desire to make himself available for a pass.

GreenCastle
28-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Think Dundee want £600k for Kamara - a price we won’t pay unless we swap Swanson plus another and cash or ?

Swanson ex Utd but so was Simon Murray.

Hoping we can bring at least 2 in before the window closes.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Mulumbu off to swansea ive heard

stevie-bee
28-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Mulumbu signing for Swansea according to the sun

CallumLaidlaw
28-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Hearts trying to buy Craig Wighton from Dundee....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
28-08-2018, 09:14 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/40452028_10156581659071550_806183945782689792_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeE_fJyLx9rUQ2QG1pjuG2K9E4S6bxEHgM5HJhgEO jsJUedGzmfC44QTLt_htf0U8JjSZw-O0nIr8LNfg8APdMaIEnwCkk9tEQGOx97C3bsTTw&oh=350e3f30916aa22f107c49ddf7631c55&oe=5BFA9998

In the Scottish Sun now

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 09:16 PM

He’s pish is he not?

CallumLaidlaw
28-08-2018, 09:17 PM
He’s pish is he not?

I thought so. 10 goals in 100 games.

DstN75
He was quick first time he was here. Bombing up the wing he was brilliant to watch. That’s fair enough if you don’t agree, I feel he’s lost the pace but showed on sat he can use the head and he played well.

Also it's not just pace, playing well where he did requires a really good engine. It would be amazing if he still had that in the same way now and was able to keep bursting up and down like he did when he was 22. Which is why he plays mostly in the middle now. Acknowledging that isn't writing him off IMO.

Thecat23
I thought so. 10 goals in 100 games.

Strange one.

Smartie
28-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Whittaker was fairly quick when dribbling with the ball from deep, but there was always a bit more to him than that.

He's always had a good touch, played with his head up, had a lovely weight of pass and is solid with his weaker foot. He was never that brilliant defensively, so I don't know why we would expect him to be so now.

Many of his attributes will be with him for a good few years yet, but he's going to need to be careful not to expect his body to do things that it can't any more - and I think that in doing so is why he has been better over the past few games - he's been sharper in his head as much as anything.

GreenCastle
28-08-2018, 09:30 PM

Done deal - £100k supposedly

Hearts were keen on bringing Walker back but didn’t happen hence this signing.

Must be a record for number of players arriving at the Tiny Library.

Del Boy
28-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Wighton was rated highly, but had a serious injury and done very little since coming back.

Callum_62
28-08-2018, 09:35 PM
He was quite highly rated before his injury

Think it points to dundee needing cash myself

Winston Ingram
28-08-2018, 09:40 PM

I’d maybe change the word quick to more mobile.

He’s never been pacey

GreenOnions
28-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Whittaker was fairly quick when dribbling with the ball from deep, but there was always a bit more to him than that.

He's always had a good touch, played with his head up, had a lovely weight of pass and is solid with his weaker foot. He was never that brilliant defensively, so I don't know why we would expect him to be so now.

Many of his attributes will be with him for a good few years yet, but he's going to need to be careful not to expect his body to do things that it can't any more - and I think that in doing so is why he has been better over the past few games - he's been sharper in his head as much as anything.

I think this is a good summary. Maybe it's very tempting to use Whitty as someone who can play in lots of different positions. I think he could have done so three or four years ago but I think asking him to play in wider areas is no longer an option.

He will be very useful for us playing more centrally and using those attributes that Smartie mentioned. I consider him to be a very valuable member of the squad.

Greenworld
28-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Think Dundee want £600k for Kamara - a price we won’t pay unless we swap Swanson plus another and cash or ?

Swanson ex Utd but so was Simon Murray.

Hoping we can bring at least 2 in before the window closes.Dundee guys I know reckon more like 300 - 400k would get him. Still a lot for Hibs

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Crunchie
28-08-2018, 09:53 PM
He just needed games to get his sharpness etc up, imho.

Folk are too quick to write players off. :agree:

Amen to that :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
28-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Dundee guys I know reckon more like 300 - 400k would get him. Still a lot for Hibs

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Think Celtic have been looking at him also. Dundee need the money so we shall see.

Captain Trips
28-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Just got in a few million get If NL wants him get him.

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Lennon just said on that Debate show that he’s hoping to get one more in by Friday.

Scott Allan hopefully.

hfc rd
28-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Lennon just said on that Debate show that he’s hoping to get one more in by Friday.

Scott Allan hopefully.

Seen that also. Hopefully it is Scott Allan!

Having said that though, if 1-2 players were to depart (Swanson, Martin) then that might open the door for another signing or two

Heisenberg
28-08-2018, 10:15 PM

Scott Allan hopefully.

He’s changed his tune from hoping for a couple in after the Aberdeen game! Booooooooo!

hfc rd
28-08-2018, 10:16 PM
He’s changed his tune from hoping for a couple in after the Aberdeen game! Booooooooo!

A lot of that will depend on players leaving I’d imagine.

truehibernian
28-08-2018, 10:18 PM

Scott Allan hopefully.

Hoping that's a bluff as for me we need 3 minimum if we want to challenge top 3/4.

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Three assists v The Rangers is the 5-5 game, a decisive winning goal v Celtic, and had Brandon had his shooting boots on VS would have had an assist within minutes of coming on at Tynecastle - so he had a fair impact in the post-split games when playing (or introduced). Great player, one who I think admittedly is a confidence player but a huge asset to have in the squad. I rate Slivka highly. It was his first season in the frenetic pace of the SPFL and he played well whenever he played, looking composed and naturally gifted on the ball (when I saw him).

I can see where you are coming from, but for me the fact that Neil Lennon does not see him as a first pick regular tells it's own story.
Picking and choosing your games and being a "bitty" player, with the odd moment of brilliance will always see a player such as Slivka in and out of a starting line up - and more a squad player/filler - useful but always peripheral.

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2018, 10:44 PM
This place is mad sometimes. People describing Slivka as only showing flashes of brilliance and largely going missing in games have just described Stephen Mallan. How some people see him as the new messiah is beyond me, games just pass him by. Granted he has time on his side but so does Slivka. Take the second half vs Asteras, Slivka was moved centre midfield from right wing back and dragged us back into that game. Mallan could only dream of doing that!

Mallan, in his short time here, has ( unlike Slivka) demonstrated a knack of impacting games regularly. He has "Goals in him" (6 to date) - is a fantastic free-kick specialist, and his shooting and scoring from distance is exciting to witness. So, for me, Mallan, definitely, trumps Slivka.

Thecat23
28-08-2018, 10:56 PM

Scott Allan hopefully.

Saying that in case it is only 1. Lennon 100% working on 2 I know of Allan and Kamara. He also wants a striker! If he says 3 and we get one it looks bad on Hibs and the board imo.

hfc rd
28-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Saying that in case it is only 1. Lennon 100% working on 2 I know of Allan and Kamara. He also wants a striker! If he says 3 and we get one it looks bad on Hibs and the board imo.

Any idea who the striker is Cat?

Leigh Griffiths?? 😁

shetlandhibee
28-08-2018, 11:30 PM
Hoping that's a bluff as for me we need 3 minimum if we want to challenge top 3/4.
i disagree if its scott allan added to what we allready have, remember there is Kamberi Milligan, Bartely, mcgregor Agyepong, all to come in to challenge for a start, i would like Allan plus one more striker, but and lets be honest it is a pretty big but...if we got ALLan added to our squad 2 or 3 IMHO we,d be there or there abouts..:agree:

NorthRoadHibee
28-08-2018, 11:54 PM

Leigh Griffiths?? 😁

I heard moult, could be complete nonsense but what a signing it would be!

04Sauzee
29-08-2018, 02:25 AM
I heard moult, could be complete nonsense but what a signing it would be!

I had heard Moult as well but filing that under nonsense. Looks like he played for PNE tonight and has been playing fairly regularly. If we do get a forward in he's the type we need.

adhibs
29-08-2018, 05:17 AM

3 if we want to challenge for second maybe. We showed enough on Saturday with a depleted squad that were a better team than Aberdeen.

SirDavidsNapper
29-08-2018, 05:46 AM
3 if we want to challenge for second maybe. We showed enough on Saturday with a depleted squad that were a better team than Aberdeen.

Think that was more a reflection on Aberdeens tactics. They tried to sit back and protect their lead. This gave us all the territory and possession and probably made us look better than we are at the moment. We badly need 2, maybe 3 in plus our injured guys back before we can challenge for second.

500miles
29-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Think that was more a reflection on Aberdeens tactics. They tried to sit back and protect their lead. This gave us all the territory and possession and probably made us look better than we are at the moment. We badly need 2, maybe 3 in plus our injured guys back before we can challenge for second.

Thier goal was against the run of play, we were the better team before they had a lead to defend.

Ray_
29-08-2018, 06:05 AM

They also had players out and the window is open for them as well, if we played the same way as the second half in our last home fixture against them perhaps I would agree, but we were a long way off that.

MacGruber
29-08-2018, 06:34 AM
Before the Friday deadline we need to sign Allan, Kamara, Gary Hooper and I need to make a protest sign berating the board for not signing a back up left back.

Aldo
29-08-2018, 06:47 AM
Before the Friday deadline we need to sign Allan, Kamara, Gary Hooper and I need to make a protest sign berating the board for not signing a back up left back.

Mark sure you sharpen the pitchfork too?? [emoji51]

Zazu62
29-08-2018, 06:53 AM
Would take Shankland and Allan if I could pick 2

Thecat23
29-08-2018, 06:58 AM

Leigh Griffiths?? 😁

Nah not heard who the striker is. I’ll tske Leigh though 😁👍🏼

Baw187
29-08-2018, 06:59 AM

I don’t reckon he should start weekly but he’s a handy player to have in the squad and to play when the system, shape, or injuries require. As long as he’s happy with that, I’d say.

Allant1981
29-08-2018, 07:09 AM

would you have kepy murray? his league stats are better than what shanklands are since they started playing yet some people couldnt wait to get shot of murray, seems a bit daft to sign someone who is very similar, sure murray has 52 goals in 102 games and shankland has 51 from 130

sambajustice
29-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Surely we're at the point where some will have to go for others to come in? Especially in midfield??

Diclonius
29-08-2018, 07:15 AM
Who's ready for all our exciting targets to fall through and a loan youth signing from a low Premiership/Championship club (career appearances: 2) to come in instead? :greengrin

Allant1981
29-08-2018, 07:16 AM
Who's ready for all our exciting targets to fall through and a loan youth signing from a low Premiership/Championship club (career appearances: 2) to come in instead? :greengrin

to be fair, kamberi wasnt an exciting target and he turned out pretty good

SMAXXA
29-08-2018, 07:31 AM

You seen much of Shankland?

sean04
29-08-2018, 07:53 AM
I don't think we need 3 signings. Young lad Mackie seems to be playing well so could fill in at lb. Must of our summer signings are still not fit. Milligan, wee tam, macca, hyndman,Flo, Horgan will get better with games. Still got rocky, big daz to come back in. I think after the international break we will see what were all about

Callum_62
29-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Hyndemans only here for another 4 months....thats 1 out of the midfield

sean04
29-08-2018, 08:01 AM
Hyndemans only here for another 4 months....thats 1 out of the midfield

If hyndman starts playing well he will be here til the end of the season. Surely Bournemouth will be happy with him playing regular and playing well

FifeHibs
29-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Has Scott Martin been released?

bingo70
29-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Has Scott Martin been released?

Not that Hibs have announced, have you heard different?

He'll almost certainly be going out on loan or leaving the club before Friday though.

J-C
29-08-2018, 09:10 AM

He'll almost certainly be going out on loan or leaving the club before Friday though.

Don't get that, he was the one bright spark in the first half against Ross Co. before his knock.

Earlydelivery
29-08-2018, 09:45 AM
EEN saying he’s been told he can leave permanently.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2018, 09:48 AM

Disappointed by this :confused:

But in Lennon we trust I suppose

04Sauzee
29-08-2018, 09:50 AM

Making space for a couple of signings I'd imagine

sean04
29-08-2018, 10:12 AM

I'm surprised by that but suppose he isn't really pushing for 1st time. Thought he did well against ross county

Brightside
29-08-2018, 10:13 AM

Livi are in for him.

villahibs
29-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Don't get that, he was the one bright spark in the first half against Ross Co. before his knock.

Funny how people see games and players so differently!

I thought he look pretty far out his depth in that first half and hasn’t really done anything to suggest he’ll ever push his way in to the starting 11.

I’m not saying he’s a bad player but nowhere near a Slivka, Whittaker or Bartley. These guys will all start their fair share of matches on the bench therefore he wouldn’t even make the squad most weeks.

Col2
29-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Martin and Swanson will leave permanently in next 48 hours

Slivka may go out on loan.

Timing key though as we need to space to get more than one in.

Scorrie
29-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Martin and Swanson will leave permanently in next 48 hours

Slivka may go out on loan.

Timing key though as we need to space to get more than one in.

Not sure why Slivka would go on loan. He’s either going to make it with us and play or leave. It’s not as if he is a youngster anymore

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2018, 10:21 AM
We must be expecting at least 2 high quality signings for this to be true

calumhibee1
29-08-2018, 10:23 AM

Not surprised, he was unlikely to make it. Hopefully Swanson is next and we can pool their two wages together for someone who will make a contribution... like Scott Allan :greengrin

Thecat23
29-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Surely no one is shocked with Martin told to leave. Never good enough for the first team, but hope he finds a club soon.

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Surely no one is shocked with Martin told to leave. Never good enough for the first team, but hope he finds a club soon.
The people who were giving me pelters for suggesting it this time last year will be shocked.

Good luck to him, he’s a very decent player who will hopefully stay professional for a long time

Thecat23
29-08-2018, 11:05 AM
The people who were giving me pelters for suggesting it this time last year will be shocked.

Goid luck to him, he’s a very decent player who will hopefully stay professional for a long time

Yep if you look back I was also saying back then he’s not good enough and not many were happy with what I said.

J-C
29-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Never nice seeing a lad who's better than some but not quite good enough told he can go, he should be able to do a decent job for a lower SPL or top Championship club, similar to young Stanton last season.

As for Slivka going on loan, I can't see this happening unless he just hasn't really settled here and he's pushing for a move himself, he's a squad player at the moment and behind a few players in the pecking order, if he goes better it's permanent.

bigwheel
29-08-2018, 11:15 AM

He should certainly move on - not getting game time - not sure we truly can say he is not good enough though, as he has never really had enough minutes to grow into a first team we ..I think he will go in to have a decent career ...

Thecat23
29-08-2018, 11:21 AM
He should certainly move on - not getting game time - not sure we truly can say he is not good enough though, as he has never really had enough minutes to grow into a first team we ..I think he will go in to have a decent career ...

When Handling left folk were saying he’ll go on to have a good career. Martin I feel will end up dropping down the leagues as well. Wish the lad all the best, hope his next cloud he gets first team football.

eastmainsmsh
29-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Slivkas a really good player takes time to settle in to team new midfield this year

Thecat23
29-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Slivkas a really good player takes time to settle in to team new midfield this year

He won’t be part of our midfield unless we are struggling with Injuries and suspensions. That’s if he’s still here.

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2018, 11:38 AM
He’s pish is he not?To be fair we were all saying the same amount Steven MacLean myself included and he's done not too bad for them so far...

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Hoping that's a bluff as for me we need 3 minimum if we want to challenge top 3/4.Yeah I'd be a bit disappointed if we only bring 1 more in TBH...think another 3 bodies are required especially if Swanson and Martin are leaving as reported

Dancehibs
29-08-2018, 11:41 AM
He won’t be part of our midfield unless we are struggling with Injuries and suspensions. That’s if he’s still here.

has lenny made him available for transfer out?

bingo70
29-08-2018, 11:41 AM
To be fair we were all saying the same amount Steven MacLean myself included and he's done not too bad for them so far...

Think everyone needs to remember we're three games into the season. Were Hibs not top of the league after the first month or so the season we got relegated in 1998?

Dancehibs
29-08-2018, 11:44 AM

Good luck to him, he’s a very decent player who will hopefully stay professional for a long time

it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Very limited with the ball. can run about. Hopefully, he proves Lenny wrong. We need players to make us a club that's consistently a top four team.

Brightside
29-08-2018, 11:44 AM
When Handling left folk were saying he’ll go on to have a good career. Martin I feel will end up dropping down the leagues as well. Wish the lad all the best, hope his next cloud he gets first team football.

Handling a very different example. Scott was warned he would need to work his socks off or he would be away. Not sure if he has the desire to be at the very top in the scottish game but i don't doubt he can have a decent career up here without dropping down the leagues like handling has.

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Think everyone needs to remember we're three games into the season. Were Hibs not top of the league after the first month or so the season we got relegated in 1998?Yes and I agree but all I was saying was don't write of Wighton too soon...we all thought MacLean was a numptyand he's proven far from that too date. But I agree with you it's early days...just hoping we get a couple in over next few days as I think it's badly needed TBH...squad to me still looks thin

bigwheel
29-08-2018, 11:47 AM

True TC..hope for Martin it is different - with his player of the season at Forfar last year, he has already shown he can perform consistently..we’ve never seen Handling do that since he left ...I think he could turn in to a very effective defensive midfielder in Scotland

sean04
29-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Think everyone needs to remember we're three games into the season. Were Hibs not top of the league after the first month or so the season we got relegated in 1998?

We're no out of 1st gear yet. Kamberi and macca fully fit up top, Horgan Boyle wee tam hyndman all fit and in full flow. I'm excited about that

Seveno
29-08-2018, 11:52 AM
In all the discussions re our midfield, no mention is ever made about Fraser Murray. He looks a real prospect to me but needs the chance to show what he can do. Not much chance of that when he can’t even get on the bench.

Does anyone know if he is still rated by Lennon?

Dancehibs
29-08-2018, 11:53 AM
True TC..hope for Martin it is different - with his player of the season at Forfar last year, he has already shown he can perform consistently..we’ve never seen Handling do that since he left ...I think he could turn in to a very effective defensive midfielder in Scotland

a good defensive midfielder has to be good on the ball. comfortable to take it under pressure from the defence and link play into the midfield. also, sense danger and read the game. not convinced martin can do that. If you play for Hibs development team and are on the fringe of the first team squad, you need to be able to shine for a championship club.

IWasThere2016
29-08-2018, 11:55 AM

Agreed. Good luck to him.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2018, 11:56 AM
In all the discussions re our midfield, no mention is ever made about Fraser Murray. He looks a real prospect to me but needs the chance to show what he can do. Not much chance of that when he can’t even get on the bench.

Does anyone know if he is still rated by Lennon?

Highly rated by Lennon. Playing catch up after starting the season injured. Been in 1st team squad last few weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench on Saturday

bingo70
29-08-2018, 11:58 AM
We're no out of 1st gear yet. Kamberi and macca fully fit up top, Horgan Boyle wee tam hyndman all fit and in full flow. I'm excited about that

Correct, Hearts have done really well to hit the ground running and they do deserve credit for that, this will be the best they'll play all season though IMO. Once their new signings honeymoon periods are over and once teams suss out how to play them they'll fall away. There's a good reason most of their signings were at a poor standard before joining Hearts and Levein doesn't have a magic wand to all of a sudden make them good players.

Once we are settled and up to speed we'll take over them again in no time IMO.

sean04
29-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Correct, Hearts have done really well to hit the ground running and they do deserve credit for that, this will be the best they'll play all season though IMO. Once their new signings honeymoon periods are over and once teams suss out how to play them they'll fall away. There's a good reason most of their signings were at a poor standard before joining Hearts and Levein doesn't have a magic wand to all of a sudden make them good players.

They have won a couple.of games that could be went either way. Would think they were thumping teams and winning convincingly

Tobias Funke
29-08-2018, 12:20 PM
They have won a couple.of games that could be went either way. Would think they were thumping teams and winning convincingly

Hearts could win three games in a row at any stage of a season, they just happen to have won their first three.

Fenlon had us top of the table in November 2012, Hearts being at the top at this early stage means nothing. In 2005/6 they genuinely looked like contenders (via financial doping I will add and prior to Burley getting the boot) but this time round I am not overly concerned. They will be top 6 this season and potentially top 4. There will be no title challenge however.

RossScott1991
29-08-2018, 12:21 PM
had a look at Dundee forums see if there was any chat of Kamara to us, none, just lots saying about Swanson.

Allan or Kamara id be over the moon. Both is just dreamland imo. id fall off my work chair

Ronniekirk
29-08-2018, 12:23 PM

Agree they have caught everyone by surprises d the signing of the Man U guy looks a very good Loan signing
If the young guy from Dundee dioesnt hit the ground running then Lafferty will be a huge miss for them Couldbe why they are trying to get the Forward they have signed on a Pre Season in now instead of waiting till January
They haven't been slow to discard a few Duds they brought in But that explains why so many signings
But will be interred to see how they do
They will know we will get stronger so they will be desperate totry and stretch thier lead over us

overdrive
29-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Highly rated by Lennon. Playing catch up after starting the season injured. Been in 1st team squad last few weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench on Saturday

The thing is we have overloaded the squad with attacking midfielders and are potentially looking to add another in Scott Allan. I can't see him breaking into the team.

KWJ
29-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Good to read. I've been nothing but impressed with him when I've seen him.

A loan may be the best move though as I don't see how he's getting into the midfield. A good tester for the reserve league I suppose.

Lago
29-08-2018, 01:08 PM
So in summary, no transfer rumours, it is Wed afternoon, window closes on Frid are we going to be disappointed with the summers activity or not ?

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2018, 01:11 PM
So in summary, no transfer rumours, it is Wed afternoon, window closes on Frid are we going to be disappointed with the summers activity or not ?

It'll be Friday before anything happens now. If it does.

Callum_62
29-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Dembeles representatives in Glasgow talking to Celtic....looks like he might be off

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Dembeles representatives in Glasgow talking to Celtic....looks like he might be off

Well Celtc have a huge gulf in funds following the failure to reach the champions league

Juniper Greens
29-08-2018, 01:18 PM

When the window opened, we knew we would lose DM and SJM

With that in mind (in order of how many were calling for them)
Flo - check
SA - not yet, but is hyndman the alternative?
Jamie Mac - check
Mallan - check
Barker - missed out, but got the other winger and Horgan
New DM - possibly- got Milligan- haven't yet seen play
Then we needed a new goalie - check
Cover at CB - porteous has really grabbed his chance, making it less urgent
Cover at FB - still needed?

Inconsequential
29-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Think everyone needs to remember we're three games into the season. Were Hibs not top of the league after the first month or so the season we got relegated in 1998? Yes we were and had just beat Celtic with Chic Charnley scoring a cracker. Happy days but very short lived.

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2018, 01:29 PM
What time does the window close ON Friday?? Is it 5pm or midnight??

Smartie
29-08-2018, 01:30 PM
When the window opened, we knew we would lose DM and SJM

With that in mind (in order of how many were calling for them)
Flo - check
SA - not yet, but is hyndman the alternative?
Jamie Mac - check
Mallan - check
Barker - missed out, but got the other winger and Horgan
New DM - possibly- got Milligan- haven't yet seen play
Then we needed a new goalie - check
Cover at CB - porteous has really grabbed his chance, making it less urgent
Cover at FB - still needed?

We have every reason to be happy so far.

Flo was the big one for me, and we've not seen much of him yet this season.

Lago
29-08-2018, 01:32 PM
It's the" if it does " that worries me as Lennon seems to be back tracking somewhat on the additions he expects by close of business Frid.

bingo70
29-08-2018, 01:33 PM

Scott Allan and Glen Kamara are rumours on the go just now.

Assuming no more key players leave then it's been a terrific transfer window IMO.

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Martin's been told he is free to leave, Swanson is being touted round anyone who will listen. There is a signing announcement imminent and it may surprise us all. I feel it in my waters...hope these antibiotics work.

Spike Mandela
29-08-2018, 01:38 PM

Why are you writing off today and tomorrow?

Lago
29-08-2018, 01:40 PM
:greengrin
Martin's been told he is free to leave, Swanson is being touted round anyone who will listen. There is a signing announcement imminent and it may surprise us all. I feel it in my waters...hope these antibiotics work.

Lago
29-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Scott Allan and Glen Kamara are rumours on the go just now.

Assuming no more key players leave then it's been a terrific transfer window IMO.
The Scott Alan rumour has been on the go all summer, if there was any basis to it I think he would be here by now, as for Kamara I really feel it's a name put out there to excite the fans with little likely hood of it coming off. Truely, truely hope I am wrong on both counts then I can come on here & eat humble pie.:agree:

bingo70
29-08-2018, 01:53 PM
The Scott Alan rumour has been on the go all summer, if there was any bases to it I think he would be here by now, as for Kamara I really feel it's a name put out there to excite the fans with little likely hood of it coming off. Truely, truely hope I am wrong on both counts then I can come on here & eat humble pie.:agree:

If Scott Allan was ever going to come to us it was always going to be a last minute deal.

We can't afford the wages he is on at Celtic so we need him to agree a severance package with them. They wouldn't entertain that idea until the end of the window in case a club came in for him and offered to either buy him or pay a big % of his wages. There's no incentive for them to agree a loan deal with us earlier in the window as another club, probably from down south could have come in and offered a higher % than we could.

Now we're at the end of the window Celtic have a choice to either come to a deal with us or the player or have a player on their books for a year costing them around £7k a week for a year. There is no way Celtic would pay £360k to Allan over the course of next year if they can avoid it so a deal will get done IMO. We've just had to wait until Celtic realise they've no other options.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2018, 02:02 PM
If Scott Allan was ever going to come to us it was always going to be a last minute deal.

We can't afford the wages he is on at Celtic so we need him to agree a severance package with them. They wouldn't entertain that idea until the end of the window in case a club came in for him and offered to either buy him or pay a big % of his wages. There's no incentive for them to agree a loan deal with us earlier in the window as another club, probably from down south could have come in and offered a higher % than we could.

Now we're at the end of the window Celtic have a choice to either come to a deal with us or the player or have a player on their books for a year costing them around £7k a week for a year. There is no way Celtic would pay £360k to Allan over the course of next year if they can avoid it so a deal will get done IMO. We've just had to wait until Celtic realise they've no other options.

Think they'll all be last minute now. Dundee will want to get some kind of auction going on Kamara. We might see a cash plus Swanson sort of deal.

Phil MaGlass
29-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Hopefully Dembele goes for a large wad of cash and Makes SA,s move swifter and less painful(cash)

Juniper Greens
29-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Rogers said in his pre match interview that his squad is "way too big"

I predict SA joining on Friday after "agreeing his release" with Celtc

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2018, 02:30 PM
Rogers said in his pre match interview that his squad is "way too big"

I predict SA joining on Friday after "agreeing his release" with Celtc

Even with resting players and rotating squads for European games, Allan hasn't got near the pitch

Rogers clearly doesn't rate him

Come on home Scotty

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Why are you writing off today and tomorrow?

There's a lot of brinkmanship involved and if its not sorted out in advance it tends to go to the wire. I think Celtic are still a bit sullen over McGinn (though it was their own tight stupidity) and the transfer of Allan is financially complex, and Dundee maybe still be hopeful of a Kamara auction. But I also think we might see another surprise from Lenny - nobody saw Milligan or Horgan coming.

Lago
29-08-2018, 02:36 PM

More than happy to eat that humble pie should SA join us, but just don't see Kamara happening unfortunately.

eastmainsmsh
29-08-2018, 02:53 PM
From Lee Wallace Nir Biton Kamara Hooper Caulker Scott Allan lol

Hibernian32
29-08-2018, 02:53 PM
Allan might not even be released on Friday celtic could be even more dicks and release him in 6 weeks time just to stall his move to us a little longer it wouldn’t surprise me if Lawell done that.

Blaster
29-08-2018, 02:54 PM
Allan might not even be released on Friday celtic could be even more dicks and release him in 6 weeks time just to stall his move to us a little longer it wouldn’t surprise me if Lawell done that.

Why would Allan agree to that???

LancsHibs
29-08-2018, 02:57 PM
There's a lot of brinkmanship involved and if its not sorted out in advance it tends to go to the wire. I think Celtic are still a bit sullen over McGinn (though it was their own tight stupidity) and the transfer of Allan is financially complex, and Dundee maybe still be hopeful of a Kamara auction. But I also think we might see another surprise from Lenny - nobody saw Milligan or Horgan coming.

Hope your right Bob, though Horgan was linked with us all summer!

Juniper Greens
29-08-2018, 03:11 PM

He then couldn't sign for anyone until January

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2018, 03:14 PM
He then couldn't sign for anyone until January

He could only be released if he agreed to his contract being terminated at which point he becomes a free agent and abke to sign for anyone and start playing for them. This regularly happens just after a window closes as surplus players are off loaded amicably

Joe6-2
29-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Kenny Miller signs two year deal with Dundee

Callum_62
29-08-2018, 03:16 PM
He could only be released if he agreed to his contract being terminated at which point he becomes a free agent and abke to sign for anyone and start playing for them. This regularly happens just after a window closes as surplus players are off loaded amicably

I thought they needed to be released before window closes to allow them to sign for someone else after window shuts

bigwheel
29-08-2018, 03:17 PM
a good defensive midfielder has to be good on the ball. comfortable to take it under pressure from the defence and link play into the midfield. also, sense danger and read the game. not convinced martin can do that. If you play for Hibs development team and are on the fringe of the first team squad, you need to be able to shine for a championship club.

Don’t see anything in Martin’s game that suggests he can’t do that ....

adhibs
29-08-2018, 03:17 PM

Really surprised he's been given 2 years.

BlackSheep
29-08-2018, 03:19 PM
I thought they needed to be released before window closes to allow them to sign for someone else after window shuts

This is correct, the player needs to be released prior to the window closing, otherwise he would have to wait until January.

Col2
29-08-2018, 03:19 PM

You are right. He can’t sign for anyone if he is released after the window closes until the new one opens. Yes he would be a free agent but it needs to happen before Friday deadline. If that wasn’t the case then what would stop clubs getting round the transfer window by paying up contracts and then signing them!

Peevemor
29-08-2018, 03:24 PM

OK if the deal's weighted toward appearance money & bonuses. I reckon getting a game will be more important to Miller than the financial side.

SirDavidsNapper
29-08-2018, 03:24 PM

He'll be manager once Mccann gets the bullet

Dancehibs
29-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Don’t see anything in Martin’s game that suggests he can’t do that ....
If he could do that he would have replaced Dylan. IMO he’s technically average. And not good enough if we want to be a top four team

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Neil McCann has just signed his own replacement.

Zazu62
29-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Think this could turn out to be a bit of anti climax hope I’m wrong tho

JimBHibees
29-08-2018, 03:32 PM

They do if released outwith the window they wouldnt be able to sign until the next one opens.

Joe6-2
29-08-2018, 03:32 PM
He'll be manager once Mccann gets the bullet

What I thought

Unseen work
29-08-2018, 03:33 PM
I think Martin will do well elsewhere, never let us down when he’s filled in and has been unfortunate with the options we have had lately.

Everyone’s raves about Alan Campbell at Motherwell, imo Scott Martin isn’t too dissimilar and could do that role with ease.

Good luck Scotty, disappointed it never worked out for you.

bigwheel
29-08-2018, 03:38 PM
If he could do that he would have replaced Dylan. IMO he’s technically average. And not good enough if we want to be a top four team

Lennon clearly doesn’t fancy him as a regular starter ...don’t think the fans have seen him enough in the first team to have a full view of him - Never let us down when played - hardly had any game time ..

jacomo
29-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Any chance Jermaine Pennant will get evicted from the CBB house in time for us to sign him before the window SLAMS shut?

HoboHarry
29-08-2018, 03:41 PM
You might want to read up on that. A player has to be a free agent before the window closes. If he is still under contract when it shuts he can't sign for anyone until the next window......

allmodcons
29-08-2018, 03:43 PM

The Cat's mate on a 2 year deal at 38.

Surely his legs have gone by now :greengrin

JimBHibees
29-08-2018, 03:44 PM

:greengrin

RG63
29-08-2018, 03:59 PM

Correct.

Thecat23
29-08-2018, 04:04 PM

His legs went years ago 😁

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2018, 04:11 PM
His legs went years ago 😁

Fair play to Miller, been playing professional football in first team since he was 18 and he’s still going!

If more Scottish youngsters had his dedication we wouldn’t be 20 years without appearance at a major tournament

Always liked him and showed real class coming into the Hibs dressing room after the 2016 Cup Final to congratulate the players

Thecat23
29-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Fair play to Miller, been playing professional football in first team since he was 18 and he’s still going!

If more Scottish youngsters had his dedication we wouldn’t be 20 years without appearance at a major tournament

Always liked him and showed real class coming into the Hibs dressing room after the 2016 Cup Final to congratulate the players

Totally agree, Kenny has never been a drinker and he’s looked after himself all through his career. He’s worked hard and it’s good to see it paying off. As you say, wish more young ones would do the same.

mjhibby
29-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Think this could turn out to be a bit of anti climax hope I’m wrong tho

We thought the same in January then boom. If it happens, it happens. I'm sure celtic have the petted lip and Dundee are holding out for as much as poss for kamara. We shall see.

Lago
29-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Totally agree, Kenny has never been a drinker and he’s looked after himself all through his career. He’s worked hard and it’s good to see it paying off. As you say, wish more young ones would do the same.
Fit as a flea & totally dedicated to his career a role model for young players.

The_Horde
29-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Anyone heard we're signing another full international player?

GloryGlory
29-08-2018, 04:54 PM

Kamara? :dunno:

Gonnae give us a clue who you're talking about?

04Sauzee
29-08-2018, 04:56 PM

If the rumours about Glen Kamara are true he has 5 caps for Finland

Bleed green
29-08-2018, 04:57 PM
A -
LS-
K- maybe

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2018, 04:57 PM
His legs went years ago [emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]he will be manager there by Xmas

Allant1981
29-08-2018, 04:58 PM
A -
LS-
K- maybe

why you still here

Callum_62
29-08-2018, 04:59 PM
A -
LS-
K- maybe

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

weecounty hibby
29-08-2018, 05:02 PM
He'll be a standout in the 1st Division next year

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Tshibola re-signs for Killie...good signing that

Callum_62
29-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Tshibola re-signs for Killie...good signing that

They thought he was poor last year

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2018, 05:16 PM
They thought he was poor last year

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI thought he was fairly decent what I saw of him...can't be that bad as he's back for the season

BegbieHSC
29-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Sooooooo. Dying for news. Allan and Kamara progress check?

Iain G
29-08-2018, 05:25 PM

One is key and the other will be here in a flash? 😁

yonder1875
29-08-2018, 05:26 PM

Sorry for being pessimistic but I can’t see us signing either of them.

Just my thoughts but I think both respective clubs will demand too high a fee for what Hibs are prepared to pay.

Jones28
29-08-2018, 05:35 PM
What time does the window close ON Friday?? Is it 5pm or midnight??

It does close ffs

It slams shut

Hibs90
29-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Allan not happening apparently, Celtic playing the 'bitter' card

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2018, 05:48 PM

Hope you’re not right but you could see that coming a mile away

Because we wouldn’t bend over for the McGinn deal they will be tough to negotiate with for years to come

Jim44
29-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Sorry for being pessimistic but I can’t see us signing either of them.

Just my thoughts but I think both respective clubs will demand too high a fee for what Hibs are prepared to pay.

I don’t know about Kamara but there’s no way that Celtic can ask for big bucks for what is, by their own standards, a very minor fringe player. As one or two are now coming to realise and accept, Lawwell, despite being a business man, is probably playing the scorned bride and won’t be shifted, as far as we are concerned.

GordonHFC
29-08-2018, 05:55 PM

Because we wouldn’t bend over for the McGinn deal they will be tough to negotiate with for years to come

Even though we did them a favour when they needed Bain?

greenpaper55

Pre contract in December then get him for nowt.

Borderhibbie76
Allan not happening apparently, Celtic playing the 'bitter' cardWhere have u heard that??

Speedway
29-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Similarly, one or two on twitter saying Allan not happening.

Heisenberg
29-08-2018, 05:59 PM
Peter Lawell is a dick.

bingo70
29-08-2018, 06:02 PM
I just can’t see Lawwell righting off around £300k on a years salary to Scott Allan just to piss us off.

It might not happen but it won’t be out of spite because of the Mcginn deal. The guy isn’t 12 years old.

I personally think it’ll happen but he’s still playing hard ball.

Joe6-2
29-08-2018, 06:05 PM
It does close ffs

It slams shut

Why do commentators insist on saying that! Drives me nuts

Smartie
29-08-2018, 06:05 PM

Ah well, we'll just take him in January then.

GreenArmyyy!
29-08-2018, 06:09 PM

Was told the same earlier today...

Joe6-2
Anyone itk tell us if anything is going to happen before the window slams.....aww f***

Captain Trips
The only person who will suffer is SA in all this. The last thing he needs is a long run if not playing.

Lago
I just can’t see Lawwell righting off around £300k on a years salary to Scott Allan just to piss us off.

It might not happen but it won’t be out of spite because of the Mcginn deal. The guy isn’t 12 years old.

I personally think it’ll happen but he’s still playing hard ball.
My humble pie could be off the menu.

davhibby
29-08-2018, 06:11 PM
If it gets to Friday you'd think Allan will be trying very hard to get a deal for his release. Spending another 6 months minimum sitting around doing nothing and he's finished

Springbank
29-08-2018, 06:12 PM

strange one

they could save £200k letting Scott come to ER

Peter could heat a lot of driveways with 200k...

Joe6-2
29-08-2018, 06:13 PM
If it gets to Friday you'd think Allan will be trying very hard to get a deal for his release. Spending another 6 months minimum sitting around doing nothing and he's finished

He won’t be finished, unhappy, but not finished.
My fear is someone else makes a move for him

Smartie
29-08-2018, 06:13 PM
The only person who will suffer is SA in all this. The last thing he needs is a long run if not playing.

His wage will make up for it.

Celtic will suffer for not having the cash.

And we'll suffer for not having the player.

If a deal that suits all parties can be done, it will be done.

I don't see SA being the disadvantaged party if this move doesn't go through.

Paisley Hibby
29-08-2018, 06:16 PM

OR

Celtic think

- we'll cough up more than we've offered so far
- they can get more money elsewhere for him than we're offering
- Allan could be part of a deal to sign Scott McKenna
- Allan might still be useful to them

Or Allan doesn't fancy taking a big pay cut - at least not until he needs to

All more likely than Celtic "playing the bitter card" don't you think?

Or do you have a good source for your statement?

Captain Trips
29-08-2018, 06:16 PM
His wage will make up for it.

Celtic will suffer for not having the cash.

And we'll suffer for not having the player.

If a deal that suits all parties can be done, it will be done.

I don't see SA being the disadvantaged party if this move doesn't go through.

It was my view from a purely playing pov. Not wages etc.

Hibs90
29-08-2018, 06:19 PM
OR

Celtic think

- we'll cough up more than we've offered so far
- they can get more money elsewhere for him than we're offering
- Allan could be part of a deal to sign Scott McKenna
- Allan might still be useful to them

Or Allan doesn't fancy taking a big pay cut - at least not until he needs to

All more likely than Celtic "playing the bitter card" don't you think?

Or do you have a good source for your statement?

I trust the person that told me this. They said Hibs had a bid in weeks ago which was never responded to.

tamig
29-08-2018, 06:19 PM

How do you make out he’d be finished?

Lee Marvin
29-08-2018, 06:22 PM
I trust the person that told me this. They said Hibs had a bid in weeks ago which was never responded to.

Never responded too :faf::faf:

Professional business doesn't quite work like that. Rejected, possibly. Ignored for weeks, no chance.

Speedway
29-08-2018, 06:26 PM

He’s no Finnish, he’s 26

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Makes you wonder about what is happening at Celtic?

The botched SJM transfer saga.

Lyon thinking about putting in an offer of 15m for Dembele.

Apparently Dembele missed training today.

They rejected a 25m bid for Dembele 12 months ago from West Ham.

If they sell Dembele it will leave them short upfront for Europe and the OF game on Sunday.

Brenda and the fans will not be happy!

Paisley Hibby
29-08-2018, 06:27 PM

Fair enough Dom. But I find it hard to believe that Celtic would really rather pay a player they don't need around £300k in wages this season AND forego a transfer fee than sell him to Hibs - just because they've taken the huff with us.