PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

jacomo
24-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Wait a minute, Clark Kent is Superman!?

Next you'll be telling me that billionaire philanthropist Bruce Wayne is Batman!

Someone told me Tony Stark is Iron Man but I’m not buying it.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2018, 09:21 AM
That picture's not Easter Road, the pitch looks too worn and the astro round the side is too dark. Unless it's taken at HTC it's a fake.

It's definitely not ER. The 'run off' area of grass between the sideline and artificial turf at ER is almost non existent whereas there looks a good couple of yards there.

It could well be Allan but the picture has been taken elsewhere.

1van Sprou7e
24-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Would not be surprised if Huns put a bid in as cover for Jamie Murphy unlikely Celtic would sell tho 🤔

You really wouldn't be surprised by that? I'd bet a month's wages against that happening

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Doesn’t have a footballers build IMO. Said on the private forum aswell that I think Scott Allan would be wearing skinnier jeans. Don’t ask me why cause I don’t know why :greengrin but I don’t think it’s him.

Is there a floodlight shadow too?

JeMeSouviens
24-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Is it finally the return of Allan Orman? :hyper:not worth

Alen Orman. :tsk tsk:

Good excuse for this though :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McyYtVJP1mk

Pick that out ya manky cheating Hun *******s.

calumhibee1
24-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Is there a floodlight shadow too?

I actually think it looks like it could be indoors due to the shadows and the lighting on the grass. If it was Scotty Allan and I was taking the photo there would be a stauner shadow never mind floodlight shadow.

MrSmith
24-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Looks like the pic was taken at tiny! Has all the characteristics of that dank, dull soulless place.

Spudster
24-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Being Gucci doesn't mean they can't also be bowfin' - those trainers are awful.

Bowfin shoes to me almost guarantee it’s a footballer

1van Sprou7e
24-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Bowfin shoes to me almost guarantee it’s a footballer

Exactly, didn't realise folk on here had such deep insight into Scott Allan's fashion sense 😂

GreenArmyyy!
24-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Have it on good authority this isn’t Allan sadly.... doesn’t mean he won’t be signing but this isn’t him.

Dazzjw1875
24-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Could very well be in EM, also just having Allan could mean Lewis Allen might be getting loaned out so why would he need his 1st initial? Still think it's fake but might not be haha

calumhibee1
24-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Exactly, didn't realise folk on here had such deep insight into Scott Allan's fashion sense 😂

Scott Allan is a smooth *******. If it was any of the Mowbray team or JC then I’d fully expect them to be wearing hideous gear :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
24-08-2018, 10:04 AM
Smells of a windup. I thought someone had already took that number anyway.

Iain G
24-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Alen Orman. :tsk tsk:

Good excuse for this though :wink:

Pick that out ya manky cheating Hun *******s.

I got the shirt number correct though if not the spelling :)

Lovely goal :greengrin:thumbsup:

Tug Wilson
24-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Someone told me Tony Stark is Iron Man but I’m not buying it.

Apparently Henry, the mild mannered janitor, is actually Hong Kong Phooey. Unbelievable.

Not In The Know
24-08-2018, 10:34 AM
It's definitely not ER. The 'run off' area of grass between the sideline and artificial turf at ER is almost non existent whereas there looks a good couple of yards there.

It could well be Allan but the picture has been taken elsewhere.

If they had the name correct that would be a great wind up. The "officials" in the background both look about 19! Plus, categorically that is not the ER pitch.

Good effort Lads.

How about putting that much effort into winding up the Yams? Otherwise thanks for the donation to the club shop!

Springbank
24-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Apparently Henry, the mild mannered janitor, is actually Hong Kong Phooey. Unbelievable.

He just invested in The Rangers, so expect Jabba to be pumping out PR in your soaraway Sun and Daily Record talking up mild manners and dignified janitors...

Zazu62
24-08-2018, 10:42 AM
I met a couple of apparently well connected, mostly in a horse racing sense, Irish guys in York last night. They thought that Lawwell's position at the club is now diminished & may soon be non existent. I dont think he'll be able to block any deal for SA just through petulance.

Celtic have just won back to back trebles and are going for another one. They have had a bit of a dodgy start to the season but they will be strong again this season

GreenArmyyy!
24-08-2018, 10:54 AM
I just can’t fathom for the life of me why a Hibby would fabricate something like that just to wind up fellow Hibs fans...

JeMeSouviens
24-08-2018, 10:55 AM

Could be? Personally, my money's still on Rosemary the telephone operator. :agree:

Thecat23
24-08-2018, 10:59 AM
TheCat is Freddie White?!

Mind. Blown.

It’s like learning Clark Kent is Superman

😂😂

Salisbury Hibby
24-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Apparently Henry, the mild mannered janitor, is actually Hong Kong Phooey. Unbelievable.According to Tam Cowan we've all been hearing it wrong, and it's Penry.

Don't believe it myself.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Tug Wilson
24-08-2018, 11:42 AM
According to Tam Cowan we've all been hearing it wrong, and it's Penry.

Don't believe it myself.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Checked Wikipedia and apparently he is correct.

Penrod Pooch aka Penry.

I feel my childhood was a sham

SideBurns
24-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Of all the strange twists and turns this thread has taken, could a Hong Kong Phooey debate be the most peculiar yet? Mind you, gratified to find out his name was Penry rather than Henry - it's never to late in life to discover the truth.

BegbieHSC
24-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Got a wee feeling that Scotty might be happening...

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Lennon said months ago that Allan was one for near the end of the transfer window.

As good as a done deal as far as I’m concerned.

calumhibee1
24-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Got a wee feeling that Scotty might be happening...

🙏🏼

Ozyhibby
24-08-2018, 01:13 PM
I feel like a bit of a geek as I always knew it was Penry. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FifeHibs
24-08-2018, 01:24 PM
🙏🏼

Unsure how productive work will be checking for this next week.

Tug Wilson
24-08-2018, 03:30 PM
I feel like a bit of a geek as I always knew it was Penry. [emoji23]

Why didn't you tell me?

Ozyhibby
24-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Why didn't you tell me?

Knowing that I was one of the few people who knew that made me feel special. [emoji23]

thegaffer12
24-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Maybe the fan in the picture can own up on here to buying an "Allan 23" strip for this season 😂

Laced1875
24-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Rumour on Twitter - two 1st team players away. Have a feeling one may be Slivka.

Onceinawhile
24-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Swanson and...

bingo70
24-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Rumour on Twitter - two 1st team players away. Have a feeling one may be Slivka.

Who's twitter page?

Borderhibbie76
24-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Who's twitter page?Agent Hibs who is never the most reliable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leith Green
24-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Swanson and...

Id guess one of the goalies , Bartley , swanson or Martin ...

Allant1981
24-08-2018, 04:36 PM

really doubt it will be slivka

Springbank
24-08-2018, 04:50 PM
really doubt it will be slivka

know what you mean but I'd have Said the same about Simon Murray in jan.

i like the fact lennon assesses our players on a higher standard of expectation than most previous managers i can remember.

and im afraid slivka may not have passed marks this july and august

Ozyhibby
24-08-2018, 05:05 PM
know what you mean but I'd have Said the same about Simon Murray in jan.

i like the fact lennon assesses our players on a higher standard of expectation than most previous managers i can remember.

and im afraid slivka may not have passed marks this july and august

Absolutely. If Lennon wants to move him on then he will. Slivka will probably be easier to move on as well.
He just hasn’t stepped up and if his wage can be freed up to bring in someone else then it’s probably best all round.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2018, 05:09 PM

Won’t be one of the goalies with Rocky still injured and Bogdan only here on loan

hfc rd
24-08-2018, 05:11 PM
I reckon it’s probably Martin & Swanson.

adhibs
24-08-2018, 05:12 PM
I'd keep slivka untill January atleast and see how he does.

Laidlaw could be one to leave. Marciano, Bogdan and dabrowski would be more than adequate.

Big L
24-08-2018, 05:53 PM

Surely not!

SRHibs
24-08-2018, 05:54 PM
I think Lennon likes Slivka a lot and I would be completely shocked if he was one of the players getting moved on.

Chuck Rhoades
24-08-2018, 05:57 PM

I’m expecting both Swanson & Bartley to leave.

truehibernian
24-08-2018, 05:59 PM

I think DS will be away and perhaps in a swap deal.

ancient hibee
24-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Who will take Bartley if they don’t know when he’ll play again?

Stuart93
24-08-2018, 06:36 PM

Hope not Bartley, only really leaves Whittaker if milligan was to get injured.

JimBHibees
24-08-2018, 06:42 PM
I think DS will be away and perhaps in a swap deal.

Who do you reckon coming the other way?

K.Marx
24-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Dick Campbell was saying the other day he wants Scott Martin. It’ll be him and Swanson to go surely.

CapitalGreen
24-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Hope not Bartley, only really leaves Whittaker if milligan was to get injured.

Scary thought

SteveHFC
24-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Martin and Swanson I'm told

truehibernian
24-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Who do you reckon coming the other way?

I still think there is legs in Ryan Williamson coming to us Jim and with only a year left on his contract the fee would be substantially reduced if there was a makeweight. Only my thoughts however I have to add.

Gmack7
24-08-2018, 07:03 PM
I still think there is legs in Ryan Williamson coming to us Jim and with only a year left on his contract the fee would be substantially reduced if there was a makeweight. Only my thoughts however I have to add.

we do have a few options for RB/RWB but very few for the left side apart from Mackie surely thats an area that needs strengthened

Leith Green
24-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Who will take Bartley if they don’t know when he’ll play again?

They could be released from their contracts and not necessarily signing for anyone directly from us. I personally hope Bartley stays as he is excellent at what he offers the side

Dancehibs
24-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Martin and Swanson I'm told
I wouldn’t be surprised if efe moves on

Edinburgh Green
24-08-2018, 08:03 PM

I would

hfc rd
24-08-2018, 08:06 PM

That would just be crazy by Hibs to let go of a player in a position that we don’t really have that many options for.

matty_f
24-08-2018, 08:09 PM
That would just be crazy by Hibs to let go of a player in a position that we don’t really have that many options for.
Especially a player as good as Ambrose.

Hibeewilly
24-08-2018, 08:10 PM
And a class player as well...…..opinions eh

Leith Green
24-08-2018, 08:13 PM

If ambrose goes then it makes me wonder if Lennon is gonna change his preferred formation ..

hfc rd
24-08-2018, 08:16 PM

The poster is nuts thinking that there would be no suprise if we let Ambrose leave! That only leaves Hanlon and Porteous as our fit, available CB. With McGregor currently out injured and if one of them were to get suspended/injured, it would put us in a nightmare situation.

bingo70
24-08-2018, 08:18 PM

There was talk earlier in the transfer window that he had a minimum fee release clause so we might not have a choice.

I’d rather he stayed as he’s quality. If he does go I think we could maybe do with an experienced really dominant big no nonsense centre half. Porteous is still young and learning, Hanlon is a terrific and classy footballer but i do think he can struggle with the physical side and imo there’s question marks starting to appear over Daz’s fitness.

A big Sol Bamba (or Christophe Berra) type player would benefit us imo.

If we don’t get someone like that I do worry a bit about playing the big boy up front for Hearts.

Tug Wilson
24-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Only really logical players going would be Swanson and Martin especially if we expect Scott Allan in.

As pointed out, we are already short of defensive midfielders so Bartley has to stay even just to give Milligan competition.

I really like Slivka as a player and think that he adds a lot to the squad. Our central midfield is still a work in progress and it will be interesting to see how it develops. Certainly see no reason that Slivka can't force his way in there but feel that there are others (Horgan and Mallan?) ahead of him at the moment with potentially Milligan and hopefully Allan making it even harder for him.

hfc rd
24-08-2018, 08:25 PM
There was talk earlier in the transfer window that he had a minimum fee release clause so we might not have a choice.

I’d rather he stayed as he’s quality. If he does go I think we could maybe do with an experienced really dominant big no nonsense centre half. Porteous is still young and learning, Hanlon is a terrific and classy footballer but i do think he can struggle with the physical side and imo there’s question marks starting to appear over Daz’s fitness.

A big Sol Bamba (or Christophe Berra) type player would benefit us imo.

If we don’t get someone like that I do worry a bit about playing the big boy up front for Hearts.

Didn’t know that about the release clause and that is hugely worrying as we’ve hardly got any options just now at CB. If Ambrose was to leave then you are totally correct with the sort of CB that we would need to get. A no-nonsense commanding leader. I’d say it would have to be our number 1 priority, even over Scott Allan if Ambrose left.

calumhibee1
24-08-2018, 08:25 PM

If Swanson was going as a swap I’d be looking for the fee to be totally wiped out. As much as I don’t think Swanson is at our level he’d be one of the best players in that league.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Bartley is one of our best players he doesn't get the credit he deserves ..i would hate to see another of our cup winning legends leave.

Lago
24-08-2018, 08:35 PM
I would
Me too.

Stuart93
24-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Bartley is one of our best players he doesn't get the credit he deserves ..i would hate to see another of our cup winning legends leave.

He's not one of our best players but an important player for the job he does when needed

davhibby
24-08-2018, 08:57 PM

At the start of the season I would have agreed but Marv has played himself back in to contention for a place. Starting in Molde is proof of that imo. Martin will be the other to leave probably

lochhibs
24-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Danny definitely being freed. He’s got a few clubs interested in signing him though.

jacomo
24-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Only really logical players going would be Swanson and Martin especially if we expect Scott Allan in.

As pointed out, we are already short of defensive midfielders so Bartley has to stay even just to give Milligan competition.

I really like Slivka as a player and think that he adds a lot to the squad. Our central midfield is still a work in progress and it will be interesting to see how it develops. Certainly see no reason that Slivka can't force his way in there but feel that there are others (Horgan and Mallan?) ahead of him at the moment with potentially Milligan and hopefully Allan making it even harder for him.

I like him too but he’s going to need to step up his game. He’s had a lot of time on the pitch this summer but not done a great deal with it.

ancient hibee
24-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Didn’t know that about the release clause and that is hugely worrying as we’ve hardly got any options just now at CB. If Ambrose was to leave then you are totally correct with the sort of CB that we would need to get. A no-nonsense commanding leader. I’d say it would have to be our number 1 priority, even over Scott Allan if Ambrose left.
What makes you think that there is any truth in the Ambrose release clause story?

villahibs
24-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Both Slivka and Bartley were rested against St. Johnstone so they were fresh for our biggest game away in Europe.
There’s no way we are going to release 2 players Lennon clearly thinks are the best we have just now regardless of Milligan and possibly Allan signing.
Swanson couldn’t even get in the team against Ross County! Looks very like Lennon just doesn’t fancy him and doesn’t want to risk an injury that could stop him moving on and freeing up a wage.

majorhibs
24-08-2018, 09:51 PM

Man, what’re ye on? A player that experience quality & drives forward & Creates goin forward, every chance, obv. signed due to Lenny, just all round better than Hibs could normally hope for, & you get the knee jerkers who see the odd gamble no come off, where are we gonna replace that quality overall player in a hurry?

truehibernian
24-08-2018, 10:05 PM
Man, what’re ye on? A player that experience quality & drives forward & Creates goin forward, every chance, obv. signed due to Lenny, just all round better than Hibs could normally hope for, & you get the knee jerkers who see the odd gamble no come off, where are we gonna replace that quality overall player in a hurry?

Don't think he will go, but a couple of backroom staff thought he would be away when chatting at Tynie last season (post-split game).

I think it would be madness to sell him. For all his moments in games these are far far outweighed by his obvious quality. He has to improve his concentration levels and also attack set pieces we get better, so he has room for improvement. Great player though and a first pick.

Tug Wilson
24-08-2018, 10:11 PM
I like him too but he’s going to need to step up his game. He’s had a lot of time on the pitch this summer but not done a great deal with it.

Fully agree. Not sure how long is left on his contract but suspect that Hibs see him as a player to build up and sell on. He needs to find his role in our midfield and develop from there.

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2018, 10:34 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if efe moves onYou think Hibs are about to free a player who has played every game for 18 months? Not a chance.

jacomo
24-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Fully agree. Not sure how long is left on his contract but suspect that Hibs see him as a player to build up and sell on. He needs to find his role in our midfield and develop from there.

2 years I think.

I think he needs to show more composure and awareness. Big boots to fill but he’s got to step up and take his chance.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2018, 10:47 PM
More chance of Efe signing a contract extension this window than there is of him leaving.

Captain Trips
24-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Hibs latest signing makes way to the shore for the scarf above cropped out head twitter photoshoot.

https://r.hswstatic.com/w_907/gif/paranormal-hoax-5.jpg

allmodcons
25-08-2018, 06:54 AM
More chance of Efe signing a contract extension this window than there is of him leaving.

Let's hope so. Can't believe anybody would be happy to let him go but Hibs net throws up some strange posts. My favourite so far this season is Martin Boyle is a championship player lol

bingo70
25-08-2018, 07:00 AM
Let's hope so. Can't believe anybody would be happy to let him go but Hibs net throws up some strange posts. My favourite so far this season is Martin Boyle is a championship player lol

I can’t be bothered to go back and check but was anybody talking about letting him go?

Think the post that started this said he wouldn’t be surprised if Efe left. To me that meant we could get a bid for him, as was rumoured in the papers earlier in the window.

I love Efe and want him to stay, I wouldn’t be surprised if he attracts a bid before the window closes though. Once a bid is in there’s always a chance he could go.

BILLYHIBS
25-08-2018, 07:09 AM
Efe has said that his family has settled in Scotland and are happy here. His children are to all intents and purposes Scottish. He loves it here and we love him. I don’t think any other club would be so patient and as understanding of his Efe moments as we are! :wink:

Ell_Chrisso
25-08-2018, 07:15 AM
Is anyone actually that non educated with football to understand that if Ambrose had zero mistakes in him, he wouldn’t be playing for Hibs!

His composure on the ball is half the reason we have become an attacking team that’s great to watch. He contributes so much more on the park than is appreciated.

Unless we would all prefer 3 CHs that punt the ball up the park?

JimBHibees
25-08-2018, 07:16 AM

Agree fantastic player and vital to how we play.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Are we expecting our 3rd Saturday signing announcement this transfer window?

Or is it match day duties

Captain Trips
25-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Is anyone actually that non educated with football to understand that if Ambrose had zero mistakes in him, he wouldn’t be playing for Hibs!

His composure on the ball is half the reason we have become an attacking team that’s great to watch. He contributes so much more on the park than is appreciated.

Yeah thanks us non educated had worked out that if Efe didn't make errors he would not be here. So best we just never mention it again and accept that not just Efe but if all our players were better they would not be here.

So... Not bad weather out here today.

neil7908
25-08-2018, 08:34 AM

The "If he didn't make mistakes he wouldn't be here" line that gets trotted out regularly on here is one of the weirdest I've heard and I wonder if fans of other clubs use it as well.

If some people people genuinely feel that way what do they think Neil Lennon and the rest of the coaching staff is doing at training every day? They'll be keeping fitness up but also working to improve players, a basic part of what every club wants to do.

Surely getting players to perform better is one of the key jobs of any coach or manager. Was SJM the finished article when he joined? Should we have told Boyle not to bother working on his game when he joined as we don't want him to get too good in case we have sell him?

Improving players is what breeds success. You don't have just signed perfect players and I'm not expecting perfection from Efe, he will makes mistakes as does Lionel Messi but I don't get why some fans almost seem desperate for our players not to be too good!

jacomo
25-08-2018, 08:38 AM

Mon the Efe. Hibee for life!

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Hello everyone, is everyone #ready for another super special awesome #SaturdaySigning???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????? (gif of someone looking very excited from a TV show)

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2018, 08:42 AM

I dont think anyone is that stupid, that they think an Efe with no mistakes would still be a mainstay in a celtic side.

And we dont have 2 other central defenders who just punt the ball up the park, so i fail to see what your point is there?

Efe is a good player, part of the side that has us back where we belong and playing in Europe again.

The secret is to improve the team which sadly means replacing players, we've had to replace a whole midfield in one pre season, so i'd be keeping other replacements down to a minimum now, unless they were game changing players.

Ronniekirk
25-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Hello everyone, is everyone #ready for another super special awesome #SaturdaySigning???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????? (gif of someone looking very excited from a TV show)

No we have an important game today I don't want any distractions 😎

jacomo
25-08-2018, 08:44 AM
The "If he didn't make mistakes he wouldn't be here" line that gets trotted out regularly on here is one of the weirdest I've heard and I wonder if fans of other clubs use it as well.

If some people people genuinely feel that way what do they think Neil Lennon and the rest of the coaching staff is doing at training every day? They'll be keeping fitness up but also working to improve players, a basic part of what every club wants to do.

Surely getting players to perform better is one of the key jobs of any coach or manager. Was SJM the finished article when he joined? Should we have told Boyle not to bother working on his game when he joined as we don't want him to get too good in case we have sell him?

Improving players is what breeds success. You don't have just signed perfect players and I'm not expecting perfection from Efe, he will makes mistakes as does Lionel Messi but I don't get why some fans almost seem desperate for our players not to be too good!

It’s really not so hard to understand.

We have a habit of signing players who really should be at a higher level but whose careers have been held back by perceived flaws in their game.

Efe barely played a game in his last season at Celtc and his reputation took a beating. He lost his place in the Nigeria squad and circumstances meant Hibs had a chance to sign him. I’m very glad we did.

It’s got nothing to do with not coaching them.

jacomo
25-08-2018, 08:48 AM
I dont think anyone is that stupid, that they think an Efe with no mistakes would still be a mainstay in a celtic side.

And we dont have 2 other central defenders who just punt the ball up the park, so i fail to see what your point is there?

Efe is a good player, part of the side that has us back where we belong and playing in Europe again.

The secret is to improve the team which sadly means replacing players, we've had to replace a whole midfield in one pre season, so i'd be keeping other replacements down to a minimum now, unless they were game changing players.

:agree:

Players come and go, that is the way of things, and only a few players now remain from the 11 that started on 21.5.16.

But continuity is important and we have managed the transition carefully. Also squad players like Marv and Boyle have continued to play an important role or improved since then.

Hibs4185
25-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Personally I love it when Efe takes the ball for a stroll. Def sauzee-esque. When he does, he opens the play up by being an extra midfielder so to speak, and it means the defending team have to commit someone to challenge him and therefore creating space for our midfielders.

Of course parts of his defending and in particular his lapses are frustrating but as everyone has said if he was perfect he’d be worth more than Virgil van dyke.

Dazzjw1875
25-08-2018, 09:20 AM

Another one for today?? Can't see anything on Twitter but fingers crossed

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 09:37 AM

Fake news

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Any sign of a Saturday signing then?

mentalhibee
25-08-2018, 10:07 AM

Hope so mate, Big Efe is a class act.

147lothian
25-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Personally I love it when Efe takes the ball for a stroll. Def sauzee-esque. When he does, he opens the play up by being an extra midfielder so to speak, and it means the defending team have to commit someone to challenge him and therefore creating space for our midfielders.

Of course parts of his defending and in particular his lapses are frustrating but as everyone has said if he was perfect he’d be worth more than Virgil van dyke.

I tend to agree with the bit about Efe opening up play, it's what he does and its the hard option, but for the team it means we keep possession and remain threat, players that just blooter the ball out the box tend to give possession back to the opposition, anyone who doesn't get Efe's importance to the team were probably glad when Sol Bamba left, I would like to see players that are able to play a higher level stay a bit longer, I would be delighter if we can get Efe to sign a contract extension

Eyrie
25-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Any sign of a Saturday signing then?

The last two were when we had a game on the Sunday. So I wouldn't expect anything today.

Maybe tomorrow, but I've never claimed to be ITK so don't quote me.

Chorley Hibee
25-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Efe does a great deal more right than wrong - never understood the over the top criticism he comes in for at times.

I hope he is with us for a long time.

Captain Trips
25-08-2018, 12:01 PM
I tend to agree with the bit about Efe opening up play, it's what he does and its the hard option, but for the team it means we keep possession and remain threat, players that just blooter the ball out the box tend to give possession back to the opposition, anyone who doesn't get Efe's importance to the team were probably glad when Sol Bamba left, I would like to see players that are able to play a higher level stay a bit longer, I would be delighter if we can get Efe to sign a contract extension

Who doesn't get his importance? If you moan at an error he makes is that you not getting him? I fully get him and remain convinced as a CB he is not the best defender at this club and I put 2/3 ahead of him.

Him going forward and doing other things he is one of the better players.

Centre Hawf
25-08-2018, 12:22 PM
The Efe chat is getting a bit redundant. He's here, he's a Hibs player, and imo he's a class act. Some people would like him to cut out silly mistakes. That's fine too. But let's just focus on supporting him for the time being until theres either a bid or a rumour of him leaving.

Jones28
25-08-2018, 06:36 PM

Heard someone taking about this at the game, he was a gob***** though so not to be believed

houstonhibbee
25-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Heard someone taking about this at the game, he was a gob***** though so not to be believed
Neil said as much in his post match interview that one or two would be replaced. No idea who but Allan and hooper would do for me!

FifeHibs
25-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Think Slivka, Swanson and Scott Martin will be away.

Onceinawhile
25-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Lenny said after the game he's hoping for 2 in and maybe 2 out.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Lenny said after the gain he's hoping for 2 in and maybe 2 out.

Allan and a striker please

Stuart93
25-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Lenny said after the gain he's hoping for 2 in and maybe 2 out.

We need allan, a striker and a new CB/defensive minded player

Beefster
25-08-2018, 07:28 PM
We need allan, a striker and a new CB/defensive minded player

Milligan.

FifeHibs
25-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Milligan, Whittaker can cover defensive midfield and CB
Bartley is an option when for at defensive midfield
Darren when fit is option at CB

Stuart93
25-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Milligan.

I think we need another, how many sloppy goals are we losing due to poor defending? Too many

Borderhibbie76
25-08-2018, 08:03 PM
That's to do with our centre halves ball watching at corners nothing to do with midfield...
I think we need another, how many sloppy goals are we losing due to poor defending? Too many

hibsforeurope
25-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Was told today that our next signing would be controversial, lee wallace apparently.

SirDavidsNapper
25-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Was told today that our next signing would be controversial, lee wallace apparently.

He'd be living his boyhood dream playing for us.

BoltonHibee
25-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Didn’t Lennon say in his interview after the game that he was after forward players ( as opposed to defenders) I don’t think he necessarily meant actual forwards

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 08:19 PM

Get the bath tub full of baked beans ready

Stuart93
25-08-2018, 08:19 PM
That's to do with our centre halves ball watching at corners nothing to do with midfield...

I never said anything about midfield?

I meant we need another as in another defensive minded player. Think we're needing a defender in

Borderhibbie76
25-08-2018, 08:20 PM
I never said anything about midfield?Apologies I thought u had said a new defensive midfielder...but I see u said defensive minded player I agree

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 08:22 PM
He'd be living his boyhood dream playing for us.

It must mess with the head growing up a Hibs fan and going on to play over 100 times for both Hearts and Rangers.

FifeHibs
25-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Didn’t Lennon say in his interview after the game that he was after forward players ( as opposed to defenders) I don’t think he necessarily meant actual forwards

Yeah

Robbo6-2
25-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Really hope we manage to get Allan in.

He's the difference of finishing in top 4 imo.

Missed him today

DetroitHibs
25-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Really hope we push the boat out and go for Moult.

Onceinawhile
25-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Really hope we manage to get Allan in.

He's the difference of finishing in top 4 imo.

Missed him today

Don't think we did. Horgan played the ball through to Hanlon for his assist that was a complete Scott allan pass.

Aberdeen are a solid team defensively, if we went behind we were always going to struggle to break them down. Scott allan would have struggled too.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Did you read that on Facebook per chance?

DavidDavidGray
25-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Really hope we push the boat out and go for Moult.

Be mental to spend so much money on the position we’re probably best covered in. Maclaren and Kamberi are more than good enough.

IberianHibernian
25-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Don't think we did. Horgan played the ball through to Hanlon for his assist that was a complete Scott allan pass.

Aberdeen are a solid team defensively, if we went behind we were always going to struggle to break them down. Scott allan would have struggled too.I agree . I don`t think we missed SA at all today . Horgan and Mallan gave lots of balls to attackers but Boyle and Shaw are not Maclaren and Kamberi of last season .

ancient hibee
25-08-2018, 10:28 PM
I agree . I don`t think we missed SA at all today . Horgan and Mallan gave lots of balls to attackers but Boyle and Shaw are not Maclaren and Kamberi of last season .
Don’t you mean perhaps that it was 4minutes from the end when we finally played a ball through to get behind the defence.The lack of goals today was that despite a lot of effort the midfield could not play a killer pass.

Beefster
26-08-2018, 08:27 AM

Milligan’s not even played a game yet.

Tug Wilson
26-08-2018, 08:58 AM
The answer is not always "bring in a new player".

We do not need another central defender. Bringing in one would only stifle Porteous' development. Our defence was good enough last season. We need to work with what we have to get back to that level. Plus Milligan can cover if needed.

Looks like Horgan is going to prove a really good purchase. He provides drive from midfield and can hold on to the ball. And has pace! He is already looking like one of the first names on the teamsheet just not sure what position.

Definitely see a place for Scott Allan in the team. His ability to play that number 10 position and unlock defences is unrivaled. Especially with Flo and Jamie ahead of him.

Getting Flo back to fitness is really important for our season.

stantonsboots
26-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Was told today that our next signing would be controversial, lee wallace apparently.lennon is desperate to bring him in!

FifeHibs
26-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Don’t you mean perhaps that it was 4minutes from the end when we finally played a ball through to get behind the defence.The lack of goals today was that despite a lot of effort the midfield could not play a killer pass.

From 50 minutes Aberdeen played what looked like 6-4-0
Stevie May was the furthest forward and even he was at the edge of the circle within his own half

Zazu62
26-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Hearts signing demetri Mitchell

Lee Marvin
26-08-2018, 09:14 AM

Good signing. Would have taken him at hibs

Smartie
26-08-2018, 09:36 AM

Good player, but do they not already have loads of left-backs?

SirDavidsNapper
26-08-2018, 09:38 AM

Fantastic signing unfortunately

MacGruber
26-08-2018, 09:53 AM

And the Czech striker.

They have recruited well and we are chasing them already. For whatever reason, justified or not, our recruitment this window has been slower. Its gave them a start on us.

We are at least 2 short and hopefully not going to go through the season with 3 strikers

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 09:55 AM
lennon is desperate to bring him in!

Did Lennon tell you that?

J-C
26-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Good player, but do they not already have loads of left-backs?

Very much an attacking wingback, more like a winger rather than full back, different to what they have.

hfc rd
26-08-2018, 09:57 AM

Taking the Hibs tinted specs off, unfortunately that is a very good signing for them.

horseflesh
26-08-2018, 10:05 AM
I would be stunned if Lennon thought 3 strikers is enough for the season ahead.

Winston Ingram
26-08-2018, 10:07 AM

It would be if they could all play up front on their own

IGRIGI
26-08-2018, 10:08 AM
I was sceptical of Hearts scatter gun approach to signings but it is working out so far.

SirDavidsNapper
26-08-2018, 10:14 AM
I was sceptical of Hearts scatter gun approach to signings but it is working out so far.

Lets be honest. Even a clock is right twice a day. They've been trying this tactic for the last three seasons was bound to work eventually. They're not playing swashbuckling football but momentum at the start of the season is huge. We're 4 points behind them without playing badly thats how key a good start is.

brog
26-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Very much an attacking wingback, more like a winger rather than full back, different to what they have.

The boy Garuccio is exactly the same as Mitchell, an attacking wingback. They're decent but I doubt they can play both in same team.

son of haggart
26-08-2018, 10:23 AM
The boy Garuccio is exactly the same as Mitchell, an attacking wingback. They're decent but I doubt they can play both in same team.

I think Mitchell will start - doubt if Man U would have sanctioned a loan otherwise. They're similar players but Mitchell is more attacking. Suspect we would play Garrucio more away against the OF etc.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2018, 10:25 AM
I think Mitchell will start - doubt if Man U would have sanctioned a loan otherwise. They're similar players but Mitchell is more attacking. Suspect we would play Garrucio more away against the OF etc.

Was he not supposed to be going to a championship club, got injured and now struggling to get a club he’s had to go back to Hearts?

Given that do you think they’re in a position to demand he starts every week? Would Levein allow someone else to tell him who to pick?

J-C
26-08-2018, 10:53 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Lennon's going to shoe horn, Mallan, Milligan, Boyle, Horgan, Slivka, Agyepong, Hyndman, Bartley, Swanson, Martin and possibly Allan into a midfield/attacking midfield line up unless he changes the shape of the team and play 1 up top, which then means a striker not needed?

Stuart93
26-08-2018, 11:08 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Lennon's going to shoe horn, Mallan, Milligan, Boyle, Horgan, Slivka, Agyepong, Hyndman, Bartley, Swanson, Martin and possibly Allan into a midfield/attacking midfield line up unless he changes the shape of the team and play 1 up top, which then means a striker not needed?

I was saying yesterday he seems to have brought players in without any real balance to the team. Good to have options mind you.

Speedway
26-08-2018, 11:19 AM

I’m expecting Mallan to be dropped if we sign a powerhouse midfielder for one.

Stuart93
26-08-2018, 11:25 AM

Mallans frustrating at times, flashes of brilliance with good passing but drifts in and out of games.

J-C
26-08-2018, 11:25 AM

We have signed a powerhouse midfielder, Milligan. I'd expect a midfield 3 of Mallan, Milligan and Allan if he comes, with Hyndman and Slivka as support/rotation.

bingo70
26-08-2018, 11:27 AM
We have signed a powerhouse midfielder, Milligan. I'd expect a midfield 3 of Mallan, Milligan and Allan if he comes, with Hyndman and Slivka as support/rotation.

Where do you see Horgan playing?

Juice-Terry
26-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Horgan?

Austinho
26-08-2018, 11:28 AM
I assume any potential interest in Kamara or Mulumbu will be gone with Milligan signing?

J-C
26-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Where do you see Horgan playing?

On the left if a front 3 with Boyle on the other side, with the amount of stacking miss we surely can't be looking at staying 2 up top.

J-C
26-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Horgan?

He's not a central midfielder, hence why he's not mentioned, he's attacking mid like Boyle and Agyepong. I want these players in the final 3rd making things happen.

1van Sprou7e
26-08-2018, 11:49 AM

I think he's happy with the strike force, when you include Boyle as well

1van Sprou7e
26-08-2018, 11:50 AM
He's not a central midfielder, hence why he's not mentioned, he's attacking mid like Boyle and Agyepong. I want these players in the final 3rd making things happen.

He played behind the strikers today, where Allan would be playing if we had him

andrew70
26-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Sure he’s been mentioned previously but Alan Campbell of Motherwell would be a good addition albeit another centre mid

J-C
26-08-2018, 12:00 PM
He played behind the strikers today, where Allan would be playing if we had him

I know that but as someone pointed out on another thread, Lennon seems to be putting round pegs in square holes. At times in the 2nd half Horgan was actually deeper than all the midfielders picking up the ball from the defenders, that's not where I want to see him playing, he's a bigger threat running with the ball at his feet at defenders just like Boyle on the right. When Hyndman came on he reverted back to playing wide left where Stevenson played.

Also Allan can play the deeper role when needed, he's the player that threads balls through for the like of Horgan, Boyle, Flo etc to then finish off by either scoring or making the final assist.

A Hi-Bee
26-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Mallans frustrating at times, flashes of brilliance with good passing but drifts in and out of games.

Interesting that Yogi said Hibs had tried to get him a year ago, he is one for the now and the future I reckon, will take a bit of time before he shows his full potential, it is a squad game now with a long season ahead, they will all get games at different times.

Keyser Sauzee
26-08-2018, 12:22 PM
I think he's happy with the strike force, when you include Boyle as well

I don’t think Boyle is anywhere near as effective upfront as he is on the right hand side. I think Lennon is using him there just now as we were light at the start of the season there and now with Kamberi being injured but I don’t see Lennon happy to keep playing him there and will look to get another striker in.

Smartie
26-08-2018, 12:22 PM
I know that but as someone pointed out on another thread, Lennon seems to be putting round pegs in square holes. At times in the 2nd half Horgan was actually deeper than all the midfielders picking up the ball from the defenders, that's not where I want to see him playing, he's a bigger threat running with the ball at his feet at defenders just like Boyle on the right. When Hyndman came on he reverted back to playing wide left where Stevenson played.

Also Allan can play the deeper role when needed, he's the player that threads balls through for the like of Horgan, Boyle, Flo etc to then finish off by either scoring or making the final assist.

I thought Horgan was a revelation at CM, and having him there brought the best out of several other players.

We were playing a good team yesterday, who made us work hard for any openings.

flash
26-08-2018, 12:25 PM
I would move Swanson on and put Martin and Shaw out on loan again.
I would also consider telling Slivka he can go if he finds somewhere suitable.
Another striker in along with a dynamic midfielder.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-08-2018, 12:28 PM
I thought Horgan was a revelation at CM, and having him there brought the best out of several other players.

We were playing a good team yesterday, who made us work hard for any openings.

Liking what I am seeing with that laddie. Pace, energy, puts in a tackle and can cross the ball.

But, crucially, looks to get in the box to support the strikers and be available for crosses.

That's something I think we have been lacking for quite a while.

Hibbyradge
26-08-2018, 12:28 PM

Swanson might go, and the jury's out on Slivka, but Oli Shaw is here to stay.

Hibbyradge
26-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Liking what I am seeing with that laddie. Pace, energy, puts in a tackle and can cross the ball.

But, crucially, looks to get in the box to support the strikers and be available for crosses.

That's something I think we have been lacking for quite a while.

I agree. His pace and bravery made that goal possible yesterday.

Callum_62
26-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Dont quite get folk not rating Mallan

Been one of best players over the start of this season/europe

hfc rd
26-08-2018, 12:31 PM

I’d be suprised if Swanson is still with us after August 31st and I think he will leave. Martin will most likely get moved on permanently rather than another loan. Fraser Murray will probably head out on loan and I reckon Shaw will probably be kept as back up. I like Slivka but won’t lose any sleep if he’s told he can leave and use the wages towards bringing back Scott Allan & a new striker in.

Dancehibs
26-08-2018, 12:36 PM
That’s a lot of players for similar area of pitch. Feels unbalanced and not a good mix of players. You’d think a couple will leave from that list.

Allant1981
26-08-2018, 12:39 PM

yip and there is no danger he will be getting dropped, him, horgan and milligan will be our main 3 midfielders this season i reckon

Northernhibee
26-08-2018, 12:43 PM

Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
MacLaren

Subs: Bogdan, Porteous, Gray, Bartley, Hyndman, Agyepong, Shaw

Assuming everyone's fit. Decent bench, assuming that Swanson will be away and perhaps Slivka, maybe Martin on loan.

Hibeewilly
26-08-2018, 12:47 PM

Neither do I mate. Plus a real weapon at set pieces

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2018, 12:49 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSome on here are far too busy fawning over Hearts new signings mate...very quick to judge and stick the boot into Hibs and the window hasn't even closed yet. But coz Hearts have won a few games they are better than us now apparently

J-C
26-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
MacLaren

Subs: Bogdan, Porteous, Gray, Bartley, Hyndman, Agyepong, Shaw

Assuming everyone's fit. Decent bench, assuming that Swanson will be away and perhaps Slivka, maybe Martin on loan.

What if Allan signs? is he a starter or on the bench?

I think we may go 4-1-2-3

Rocky/Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose/McGregor
Hanlon/Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan/Bartley

Allan/Hyndman
Mallan/Slivka

Boyle/Agyepong
Flo/McLaren/Shaw
Horgan/Agyepong

Baw187
26-08-2018, 12:53 PM

Totally agree. He’s done little wrong to be honest! Scored good goals, great range of passing, and tidy all round player. The fact he’s started every game since arriving tells you that Lennon sees the midfield being built around him.

Springbank
26-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Totally agree. He’s done little wrong to be honest! Scored good goals, great range of passing, and tidy all round player. The fact he’s started every game since arriving tells you that Lennon sees the midfield being built around him.

i'll help you out

the question marks are all about his work when the opposition have the ball

we cant défend with ten men and hope to reach our full potential

Baw187
26-08-2018, 01:05 PM
i'll help you out

the question marks are all about his work when the opposition have the ball

we cant défend with ten men and hope to reach our full potential

I think that’s being overly critical. Not sure I’ve seen much evidence of that. If his work ethic wasn’t up to scratch, there’s no way Lennon would accept it.

He may not be the best tackler in the world but that’s not why he’s on the pitch.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2018, 01:13 PM
I think that’s being overly critical. Not sure I’ve seen much evidence of that. If his work ethic wasn’t up to scratch, there’s no way Lennon would accept it.

He may not be the best tackler in the world but that’s not why he’s on the pitch.

:agree: I thought he had a good game yesterday. Not sure where the criticism is coming from.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-08-2018, 01:20 PM

Each to their own but perhaps there should be a stand for folks like this ;)

The south stand along with th away support for the folks that like to abuse the players - they’d fit right in!

son of haggart
26-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Was he not supposed to be going to a championship club, got injured and now struggling to get a club he’s had to go back to Hearts?

Given that do you think they’re in a position to demand he starts every week? Would Levein allow someone else to tell him who to pick?

There was speculation (Derby supposed to have bid £500k etc) but as it is due to be another loan it seems Man U want to keep him in case he progresses further.

Re starting perhaps not every time but I'm sure there will be something in any loan re him having to start most games otherwise why loan him at all when they could have sold him.

Re Hibs I haven't been keeping track but I thought you would have been ok with Kambieri and McLaren starting most games Oli Shaw and perhaps another experienced CF as back up? Are Kambieri and McLaren injured?

I would have been looking for (ie worrying about) you to sign another CH and keeper plus Allan

cleanyman
26-08-2018, 01:22 PM
Mallan has a great set piece and has a good hit on him...but there's no doubt he is taking time to adjust to his new role.

At the moment he's too soft.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2018, 01:26 PM
There was speculation (Derby supposed to have bid £500k etc) but as it is due to be another loan it seems Man U want to keep him in case he progresses further.

Re starting perhaps not every time but I'm sure there will be something in any loan re him having to start most games otherwise why loan him at all when they could have sold him.

Re Hibs I haven't been keeping track but I thought you would have been ok with Kambieri and McLaren starting most games Oli Shaw and perhaps another experienced CF as back up? Are Kambieri and McLaren injured?

I would have been looking for (ie worrying about) you to sign another CH and keeper plus Allan

The Manchester equivalent of Barry Anderson was on sportsound a few weeks ago saying he’d not come back to Scottish football on loan unles Man U thought he had no chance of making it (I’m paraphrasing). They were pretty sure that he’d be going on loan to the championship.

Yip - Kamberi out for a few weeks and Maclaren just getting back into the swing of things.

A Hi-Bee
26-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Each to their own but perhaps there should be a stand for folks like this ;)

The south stand along with th away support for the folks that like to abuse the players - they’d fit right in!

Keep then away from the south stand, a lot of good hibby walk ups go in there.

Daydreamer
26-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Had heard from one of Mallans father mates that his father who played professionally himself and now does the bodybuilding has taken Stevie under his wing some afternoons to build up his body strength after watching him the first couple of Europa cup games. Can only be a good thing in the long run.

Tug Wilson
26-08-2018, 01:35 PM
If Scott Allan doesn't sign then I could see us playing the normal 3-5-2 formation with a midfield trio of Milligan-Mallan-Horgan instead of McGeouch-McGinn-Allan.

That trio will play slightly differently than last season's trio but could be very effective.

Leaves Hyndman, Slivka, Bartley and Swanson pushing them for places/covering for injury. Think Danny is surplus to requirements from that list even if Allan doesn't come in.

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 01:40 PM
If Scott Allan doesn't sign then I could see us playing the normal 3-5-2 formation with a midfield trio of Milligan-Mallan-Horgan instead of McGeouch-McGinn-Allan.

That trio will play slightly differently than last season's trio but could be very effective.

Leaves Hyndman, Slivka, Bartley and Swanson pushing them for places/covering for injury. Think Danny is surplus to requirements from that list even if Allan doesn't come in.

I think he will be away this week. Its a shame but it just hasn't worked out for him at Hibs.

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Benteke is murder!

SideBurns
26-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Benteke is murder!

Aw naw, have we signed him? This is the transfer thread 😉

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Aw naw, have we signed him? This is the transfer thread 😉

Baws, watching the now, hope we've not signed him. :greengrin

Dancehibs
26-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Had heard from one of Mallans father mates that his father who played professionally himself and now does the bodybuilding has taken Stevie under his wing some afternoons to build up his body strength after watching him the first couple of Europa cup games. Can only be a good thing in the long run.
With the back room team at east mains- strength and conditioning coach, fitness coach and dietician that should be happening as standard

Northernhibee
26-08-2018, 01:55 PM
What if Allan signs? is he a starter or on the bench?

I think we may go 4-1-2-3

Rocky/Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose/McGregor
Hanlon/Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan/Bartley

Allan/Hyndman
Mallan/Slivka

Boyle/Agyepong
Flo/McLaren/Shaw
Horgan/Agyepong

I really don’t think we need him tbh.

MagicSwirlingShip
26-08-2018, 04:15 PM
:agree: I thought he had a good game yesterday. Not sure where the criticism is coming from.

In my opinion it’s due to comparisons with Mcginn and McGeouch. Though Mallan does have a good range of passing and is more of a goal threat than the others, he does look very one paced and doesn’t have the drop of the shoulder or feints that Dylan had to beat his man.

Have thoroughly enjoyed watching him so far just an initial observation.

Dancehibs
26-08-2018, 04:18 PM
In my opinion it’s due to comparisons with Mcginn and McGeouch. Though Mallan does have a good range of passing and is more of a goal threat than the others, he does look very one paced and doesn’t have the drop of the shoulder or feints that Dylan had to beat his man.

Have thoroughly enjoyed watching him so far just an initial observation.
I would agree. He needs to be deployed in last third to see best of him. He doesn’t have the energy to get up and down the park

SirDavidsNapper
26-08-2018, 04:19 PM
I think he will be away this week. Its a shame but it just hasn't worked out for him at Hibs.

Saw a video of someone being interviewed after the game and Swanson walked past. Looks well out of shape. Thought the same when he was warming up at Mcdiarmid Park.

Ozyhibby
26-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Kamara looked decent on Sportscene again. C’mon Hibs, he’s exactly what we need.

Greenworld
26-08-2018, 07:36 PM
With the back room team at east mains- strength and conditioning coach, fitness coach and dietician that should be happening as standardCorrect not a chance of anything else

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Kamara looked decent on Sportscene again. C’mon Hibs, he’s exactly what we need.

A bid from us wouldn't surprise me. Dundee are not in a good footballing or financial situation and I think they may offload him to somebody.

Dazzjw1875
26-08-2018, 08:53 PM
We don't need kamara now Milligan has signed, they not both defensive mid?

hfc rd
26-08-2018, 09:07 PM

Is Milligan not a similar player to Kamara?

Speedway
26-08-2018, 09:07 PM
THREE new faces this week?

Centre Hawf
26-08-2018, 09:08 PM
No ones actually really criticising Mallan. We all know and can see he’s got a fantastic technique on him and will no doubt contribute this season. The question marks are on his defensive side of the game. He’s rather one paced as someones mentioned, he also doesn’t particularly read danger very well and lets midfielders run off him.

I say all that but I also take into consideration he’s 22. A Scotland U21 internationalist. He won’t be the complete player atm. He’s came off a year of limited football at Barnsley so is maybe getting back into it all again properly. Lennon will hopefully hammer home the off the ball side into him over the course of this season.

Fingers crossed Milligan beisde him can maybe teach him a few things about playing in that deeper role.

stokesmessiah
26-08-2018, 09:10 PM

Quite a few people seem to be saying this? Where is it coming from?

Keyser Sauzee
26-08-2018, 09:14 PM

If that’s true I’m saying Scott Allan, a striker and a centre half.

Hibernia&Alba
26-08-2018, 09:15 PM

Sounds too good to be true. It would be terrific though.

Speedway
26-08-2018, 09:16 PM

I’d say a striker and two mids.

04Sauzee
26-08-2018, 09:24 PM

Allan & Kamara or similar to Kamara?

Pretty sure Lennon would think we are OK in the wide areas

Keyser Sauzee
26-08-2018, 09:28 PM

Maybe the striker is to replace Gash?? 😉🤣

Speedway
26-08-2018, 09:33 PM

🙏

The Spaceman
26-08-2018, 09:39 PM

I even hate that as a blatant joke! Wish we could just knock the whole gash Maclaren thing on the head, so bad. Who even said it?

truehibernian
26-08-2018, 09:41 PM
I think any striker brought in will have to have physical presence and left sided predominantly. I see Nadir Ciftci is now a free agent. Good age and his best football was at United where they played with width and pace. I'd be keen to look at him to be honest, I think he would thrive under Lennon.

bingo70
26-08-2018, 09:46 PM
I think any striker brought in will have to have physical presence and left sided predominantly. I see Nadir Ciftci is now a free agent. Good age and his best football was at United where they played with width and pace. I'd be keen to look at him to be honest, I think he would thrive under Lennon.

I know it’s not exactly an original suggestion and the discussion has been done to death but for me Kenny Miller is exactly the player our squad needs, imo he ticks almost every box.

As a squad player that’s not going to expect to start every week we couldn’t do any better imo.

Tug Wilson
26-08-2018, 09:50 PM
I suspect that Milligan will not play until after the international break due to work permit and getting up to speed.

Hopefully Kamberi back then too.

Bartley and McGregor a little longer.

If we have 3 new players coming in then I would expect 1 or 2 going out.

Happy for it to be Scott Allan, a target man and potentially a left sided defensive cover.

Suspect Swanson and Scott Martin would make way. No reason to move Slivka on. He has a contribution to make over the season.

Keyser Sauzee
26-08-2018, 09:51 PM
I even hate that as a blatant joke! Wish we could just knock the whole gash Maclaren thing on the head, so bad. Who even said it?

It was a joke to Speedway as he was the poster who originally said it. I really rate McLaren, lighten up.

truehibernian
26-08-2018, 09:53 PM
I know it’s not exactly an original suggestion and the discussion has been done to death but for me Kenny Miller is exactly the player our squad needs, imo he ticks almost every box.

As a squad player that’s not going to expect to start every week we couldn’t do any better imo.

I'm pretty consistent with the KM chat bingo, he's one of the best strikers our club has produced and will still do a job for any side in this league. I think the fact he is still fit as a butcher's dog at his age and scoring goals against defenders nearly half his age says it all - so I totally agree with you.

I do think we need a striker with some physical presence though to add something different, and one which can make best use of our wide players or compliment them. Ciftci is very good at holding the ball up and has very good technical ability for a big lad. Last 2 seasons have passed him by and he would be hungry. As I said, his best form came when he had the likes of GMS, Armstrong and Robertson and we now play with similar width and pace and have players who can link play well in Mallan and Hyndman and hopefully Scott Allan.

Winston Ingram
26-08-2018, 10:05 PM

Shaw’s performance yesterday has probably triggered any move for another striker.

I had looked to me in other games this season, Shaw’s hold up play had come on leaps and bounds. Yesterday was a wake up call. He was awful.

B.H.F.C
26-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Ross County and Dundee looking at Swanson according to The Sun.

BoltonHibee
26-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Shaw’s performance yesterday has probably triggered any move for another striker.

I had looked to me in other games this season, Shaw’s hold up play had come on leaps and bounds. Yesterday was a wake up call. He was awful.

Yup, had a really poor game yesterday. Couldn’t trap a bag of cement

gaz1875
26-08-2018, 10:49 PM
Yup, had a really poor game yesterday. Couldn’t trap a bag of cement

Seriously, watch the game again? He holds the ball up well, yesterday he was constantly fouled, I've read and heard yesterday rubbish about manning up. If your shirt is being pulled and you're pushed when your off the ground it doesn't matter how physically strong you are, the ref gave him very little hence the ironic cheers when he did.

oldbutdim
26-08-2018, 10:52 PM

I agree.

Like the 'fans' who used to refer to Paul Hanlon as 'Shanlon' it is just irritating in the extreme to badmouth our players with such hilarious nicknames.

Not just in poor taste, but displaying an astonishing lack of judgement.

Hibbyradge
26-08-2018, 11:07 PM
Seriously, watch the game again? He holds the ball up well, yesterday he was constantly fouled, I've read and heard yesterday rubbish about manning up. If your shirt is being pulled and you're pushed when your off the ground it doesn't matter how physically strong you are, the ref gave him very little hence the ironic cheers when he did.

I agree with this. I do think he could do with being a bit stronger, though, but that will come.

The_Horde
26-08-2018, 11:08 PM
I agree.

Like the 'fans' who used to refer to Paul Hanlon as 'Shanlon' it is just irritating in the extreme to badmouth our players with such hilarious nicknames.

Don't think I've ever heard that one.

Callum_62
26-08-2018, 11:10 PM
“Useless De La Cruz”

Goes on to play years in the EPL 🤦*♂️[emoji23]

Lemonade
26-08-2018, 11:31 PM
I agree.

Never heard of him being called that ever.

Speedway
26-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Never heard of him being called that ever.

Me neither.

oldbutdim
26-08-2018, 11:40 PM
Don't think I've ever heard that one.

Possibly from another site...……………… :wink:

Speedway
27-08-2018, 12:28 AM
The social media chat is:

Kenny Miller, Zach Clough the return of Fonts with Whittaker leaving.

Can only see Miller as realistic out of those.

Vault Boy
27-08-2018, 01:26 AM
The social media chat is:

Kenny Miller, Zach Clough the return of Fonts with Whittaker leaving.

Can only see Miller as realistic out of those.

Lennon was asked about Miller in his press conference the other day and said that he wouldn't be approaching him as we're not looking at that area.

IGRIGI
27-08-2018, 05:38 AM
Shannon was definitely a thing pre relegation when he was, if we're being honest, a powderpuff *****bag at times prior to the man up lessons he seems to have taken.

Heisenberg
27-08-2018, 06:11 AM
Danny Swanson to Ross County being suggested by the Scottish Sun.

matty_f
27-08-2018, 06:14 AM
Shannon was definitely a thing pre relegation when he was, if we're being honest, a powderpuff *****bag at times prior to the man up lessons he seems to have taken.

Not sure if you're right about the nickname but your description of Hanlon from that time is about as far removed from reality as you're likely to get.

If Hanlon had avoided injury we'd have stayed up, imho.

I can't think of a time in his career where the words "powder puff *****bag" would have been in any way accurate to describe Hanlon.

JimBHibees
27-08-2018, 06:23 AM
Not sure if you're right about the nickname but your description of Hanlon from that time is about as far removed from reality as you're likely to get.

I can't think of a time in his career where the words "powder puff *****bag" would have been in any way accurate to describe Hanlon.

Very strange way to describe an excellent servant of the club.

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Never heard of Shannon?
Heard of:
Useless De La Cruz
Makalamity
Pat Fenloan

On a more positive note:

Onion
Shades
Niddrie
Cilla
Sloop
Mickey
sodje
Nijinsky

:wink:

GreenCastle
27-08-2018, 06:44 AM

Swap for Fontaine ?

matty_f
27-08-2018, 06:46 AM
Very strange way to describe an excellent servant of the club.

I know. :agree:

Heisenberg
27-08-2018, 06:47 AM
Swap for Fontaine ?

Not suggested in the article and im not sure I’d go for it. He’s obviously a legend but seems to be out injured regularly and is getting on a bit too.

The_Horde
27-08-2018, 06:48 AM

This.

In fact I remember him in his debut as a scrawny teenager, winning 50/50s and aerial duels with hardened pros/hatchet men.

wookie70
27-08-2018, 06:50 AM
Miller scored a goal every 4 games last year in the league for a team with massive resources, not for me. If we are going to bring in another striker we need someone with more physical prowess and why not have someone who has a chance of starting every week. If we want to challenge for second then we need to have players looking to get ahead of Kamberi and MacLaren not just ones who are here just in case. The same goes for Camara, we don't know how good Milligan will be but even if he is excellent lets have another excellent player to play alongside or provide back up. Surely all the money the extra attendees and better placed finishes will give us the chance to improve depth in the squad.

hibbyfraelibby
27-08-2018, 07:20 AM

...also rumours that Dundee may be intetested. He certainly needs off loading before Friday as he is a block on a more productive signing.

Jones28
27-08-2018, 07:21 AM

Ask Lee Wallace

Zazu62
27-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Would take Kenny Miller for a year

Oscar T Grouch
27-08-2018, 07:31 AM
Swap for Fontaine ?

Fonts himself said he moved to RC to play football, can’t see him coming back as a back up CH. he’s first choice CH at RC when fit.

Leitherhibs
27-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Based upon nothing but a hunch I think we’ll end up with Allan or Ryan Gauld, another experienced CH and cover for SDG or Lewis.

IanM
27-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Kenny Miller, Kee wallace.. just nut

Famous Fiver
27-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Scott Allan, please. It would make an old man very happy.

Kenny Miller, no thanks, will make a happy man very old.

Diclonius
27-08-2018, 08:04 AM
Is Ryan Gauld a dedicated AM? Because we don't need any more of them if we're also getting Allan.