PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

HoboHarry
08-08-2018, 12:07 AM
Where are Stokes and McGeouch? Gone. How much money did they make Hibs?
Where is Scott Brown? Club captain of Celtic.

We’ve had great loans from Celtic but we come out the other end in the same position. Either permanent contracts that the players run down and leave for free (McGeouch), or players that get contract terminated (Stokes) or players that don’t perform to a great level and we happily let their contract run down.

Think Efe is the last player we’ve had for a lengthy period from Celtic and who is still around, McGeouch before him but let’s be honest Celtic probably thought McGeouch was just an injury magnet.

Think you are being a bit harsh about McGeouch. We also thought he was an injury magnet and I can't recall many people predicting that he would have had a virtually injury free season allied to having a brilliant one too.

Hindsight is wonderful and I wish we had offered him an extended contract last year, but lets be honest that this place would have been wondering what the management were doing had we done so based on his injury record to that point.

FitbaFolkKen
08-08-2018, 12:12 AM

We’ve had great loans from Celtic but we come out the other end in the same position. Either permanent contracts that the players run down and leave for free (McGeouch), or players that get contract terminated (Stokes) or players that don’t perform to a great level and we happily let their contract run down.

Think Efe is the last player we’ve had for a lengthy period from Celtic and who is still around, McGeouch before him but let’s be honest Celtic probably thought McGeouch was just an injury magnet.

Stokes, Henderson, Ambrose, Commons and McGeouch provided value on the park. Which led to the cup win, promotion and the biggest crowds we’ve seen at ER in I don’t know how long. The financial benefits have been massive for us.

Celtic got Scott Allan to sit on the bench/stands and take a wage while we got Hendo for a season and some cash.

Who has really benefitted here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IvanSproule
08-08-2018, 12:14 AM

If you think Stokes and McGeouch left the club in the same position as when they joined I suggest you cast your mind back to May 2016 and 2017. You seem to be forgetting that footballers aren't just brought to clubs to sell for profit.

madhatter
08-08-2018, 12:15 AM
Think you are being a bit harsh about McGeouch. We also thought he was an injury magnet and I can't recall many people predicting that he would have had a virtually injury free season allied to having a brilliant one too.

Hindsight is wonderful and I wish we had offered him an extended contract last year, but lets be honest that this place would have been wondering what the management were doing had we done so based on his injury record to that point.

Harsh about McGeouch? Got no problem with him leaving on a free from his perspective. My point is merely I can’t remember a time we got a player on the cheap from Celtic and sold for millions. All I can remember is us selling our best talents to Celtic for cheap and getting some loan or player offer in return. Players we’ve got from Celtic haven’t, for many years, went on for any cash, we’ve typically had them for 1-3 years then they’ve left for nothing, not a great model for taking club on to next level.

What we seem to be doing with Kamberi and MacLaren is much better. Hope that continues. Hope we get better relationship with foreign clubs. Celtic just take us for a ride as far as I’m concerned.

Again, winning the cup with loans from Celtic was great but as we saw last season Stokes being replaced with Kamberi and MacLaren seemed to take us up a level. Hopefully that remains the case this season!

Ozyhibby
08-08-2018, 12:20 AM

I would have been raging if we offered him a new deal last summer. It was the right decision not to.
Gutted he’s away now though.

Lemonade
08-08-2018, 12:35 AM
I would have been raging if we offered him a new deal last summer. It was the right decision not to.
Gutted he’s away now though.

Dunno like Oz.
He oozed plenty class before last summer.
It was clear that he was a player.

madhatter
08-08-2018, 12:39 AM
If you think Stokes and McGeouch left the club in the same position as when they joined I suggest you cast your mind back to May 2016 and 2017. You seem to be forgetting that footballers aren't just brought to clubs to sell for profit.

Im not forgetting that players are brought to clubs for other reasons than making profit. However, Stokes was probably on our highest wage last season and was a disaster. Financially, discounting profit from sales (as there was none), I’d suggest Hibs lost out on that last season and with hindsight signing him permanently was probably a mistake based on his attitude.

We are in same position as when they joined depending on how you look at it. Prior to our relegation we would yo-yo most seasons, that was directly linked to loans and players leaving us regularly for free. Very difficult to replace players with same quality without selling players for money, that is football. If we couldn’t get Kamberi and MacLaren back this season I’d suggest the yo-yo would’ve started again as we sign Matulevicious and Simon Murray type players. Lennon knows this, that is why he kept saying £5million for McGinn, we need money coming into the club to take club forward on a stable platform. Fan numbers will diminish unless we keep pushing forward as a club, that’s just a fact.

The loans have helped us get this far and yes, they have helped make club money via cup win and league performance. However, these players would’ve got a bonus for those achievements, similar to our current European run (sometimes that gets forgotten when regarding how much footballing achievements actually earn the club). Selling players will always make the club more money than footballing achievements - money well spent thereafter furthers the club hence HTC.

Burnley are struggling to sign players and improve their team. That’s an indication of how difficult it is to recruit players, if we rely on loans too heavily then we will be inconsistent year on year, e.g. Agyepong will either perform better for us than Barker or worse, could be a lot worse.

HoboHarry
08-08-2018, 01:21 AM
Dunno like Oz.
Neither Ozy or I are suggesting otherwise, he's a terrific player but his injuries were relentless to the point (IIRC) that NL was questioning whether it a mental problem. A long term contract at that time would have been lunacy given what we had seen until then. No question though that last season changed that perception.

stuart-farquhar
08-08-2018, 01:53 AM
Glasgow Herald reporting Celtic have matched Villa's offer and the £23,000 pw wages and SJM is weighing up both but feels he'll get more game time at Villa.

There you go, fixed it for you! ££.lol.

Hibs90
08-08-2018, 03:38 AM
Anything less than 4m is shocking now

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2018, 05:24 AM
I cant agree with anyone who'd rather he went to celtic rather than villa. Going to villa would give us the best chance of a huge sell on fee, rather than what we'd get if he was sold by the smellies in 3 or 4 years.

Plus we'd not have to watch him play against us.

Dancehibs
08-08-2018, 05:31 AM
Glasgow Herald reporting Celtic have matched Villa's offer and the $23,000 pw wages and SJM is weighing up both but feels he'll get more game time at Villa.

Issue for hibs is the length of time Celtic want to pay us for the transfer fee. You only get a small amount now circa 25%

CraigHibee
08-08-2018, 05:37 AM
Glasgow Herald reporting Celtic have matched Villa's offer and the $23,000 pw wages and SJM is weighing up both but feels he'll get more game time at Villa.

We haven't given them permission to speak to him though? Paper talk probably

Aldo
08-08-2018, 05:42 AM
If all this counter bid is true then JM has a very big decision to make!

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 05:56 AM
I’m confused. Are we still putting the band back together?No we need a new singer

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

AgentDaleCooper
08-08-2018, 05:57 AM
It's laughable whenever it's suggested he'll be coming back on loan.

You mean leigh's coming home?! :hyper

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 05:57 AM
Celtic offer £2m plus Allan’s perm and Sparky for a season. Would you take it?No

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 05:59 AM
I'm thinking that Celtic will get SJM. This 23k wage being bandied about is nonsense imo.It's nothing down there remember

flash
08-08-2018, 06:01 AM
There is no way Celtic would pay him £23,000 a week.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-08-2018, 06:02 AM
Would love to know what SJM is thinking right now

I think it's fair to say he's away - but where

We've all heard the stories about him wanting to go to Celtic (online rumours) but how will he feel about the 3 low offers they have tabled for him?

Hibs have sat firm around the figure we want for McGinn, this doesn't differ form club to club, but Celtic have come nowhere near until there has been an offer from another interested party

If I was SJM, I would genuinely be wondering how serious Celtic are over my signature and career

J-C
08-08-2018, 06:07 AM
Hibs will only deal in cash only, no other player will be included in negotiations, all deals will be done separately.

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 06:11 AM
Issue for hibs is the length of time Celtic want to pay us for the transfer fee. You only get a small amount now circa 25%That's not true

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 06:15 AM
If all this counter bid is true then JM has a very big decision to make!Don't think we will have to wait long to hear the outcome unless more clubs jumped in with bids overnight

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 06:23 AM
Glasgow Herald reporting Celtic have matched Villa's offer and the $23,000 pw wages and SJM is weighing up both but feels he'll get more game time at Villa.Here is the bit I don't get how would they know what villa has offered . According to reports it's anything between 2.1mill and 4 million.

I could be wrong but not even the agent would know that would he ?

Brightside
08-08-2018, 06:29 AM
Glasgow Herald has totally made that up.

PapillonVert
08-08-2018, 06:38 AM

Also gets more visibility in England so even if Villa don't go up to Premier League, assuming SJM makes sufficient impact, there will no doubt be others who are interested in him.

But how do Herald know such details???

weecounty hibby
08-08-2018, 06:38 AM

Agree with that. The Herald will know absolutely no details of Villas offer to Hibs or SJM. All about celtic trying to appease their revolting fans.

Col2
08-08-2018, 06:41 AM
The sun are suggesting that Celtic willing to pay more than Villa offer of £2.75m but don’t have permission to speak to player (only Villa have).

theonlywayisup
08-08-2018, 06:41 AM
I'm getting really bored with the whole McGinn situation. If he's going, I really hope he's gone today so that we can all focus on the Molde match.

Aldo
08-08-2018, 06:42 AM
Don't think we will have to wait long to hear the outcome unless more clubs jumped in with bids overnight

Hopefully not!

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 06:43 AM
Agree with that. The Herald will know absolutely no details of Villas offer to Hibs or SJM. All about celtic trying to appease their revolting fans.

Celtic fans are revolting - hardly a ground breaking scoop, but it's something we can all agree on. 😊

Jones28
08-08-2018, 06:46 AM
I'm getting really bored with the whole McGinn situation. If he's going, I really hope he's gone today so that we can all focus on the Molde match.

That's where I am too - he's going, get it done and give us time to bring quality in with the money.

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 06:54 AM
The sun are suggesting that Celtic willing to pay more than Villa offer of £2.75m but don’t have permission to speak to player (only Villa have).They won't know what villa offered. They do know that hibs want 4 million and have done from the start.
Bid 4 million I'm sure they will get permission to speak.
But they have ****** hibs about on this big time .
It's up to John and his agents advice he could do a lot worse than Villa but I guess none of us knows what John wants.

h185forever
08-08-2018, 06:57 AM
Celtic fans are revolting - hardly a ground breaking scoop, but it's something we can all agree on. 😊

how do you convey that the Celtic fans are revolting as opposed to the Celtic fans are revolting?...or doesn’t it matter if they’re both?

Beefster
08-08-2018, 06:58 AM

Ironic.

Danderhall Hibs
08-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Ironic.

:hilarious

londonhibby
08-08-2018, 07:04 AM

I notice over on Kerrydale Street they seem obsessed with shampoo... "losing their shampoo over John McGinn", "couldn't give a shampoo" etc... :greengrin

brog
08-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Exactly my thoughts. So much nonsense in that article its hard to know where to start.

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 07:09 AM
That's where I am too - he's going, get it done and give us time to bring quality in with the money.Yup me too it's dragged on long enough now and we should be focussed fully on 2moro night ...am sure Lennon etc are but it doesn't help not knowing if SJM will be here or not

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 07:19 AM
Spurs offered £25 mill for Grealish, JMG not mentioned in Sky banner now

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 07:20 AM
Yup me too it's dragged on long enough now and we should be focussed fully on 2moro night ...am sure Lennon etc are but it doesn't help not knowing if SJM will be here or not

I’m sure NL will know if he will or not

Hiber-nation
08-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Ironic.

:top marks

huggie1875
08-08-2018, 07:22 AM
as much as i hope he goes to Villa not looking forward to seeing him in that colour :jamboak:

Ozyhibby
08-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Dunno like Oz.

I agree, I never doubted his ability. But up until last season he was only playing in half the games and we can’t afford luxury player like that.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-08-2018, 07:28 AM
as much as i hope he goes to Villa not looking forward to seeing him in that colour :jamboak:

It's fine

It's Claret no maroon :wink:

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Spurs offered £25 mill for Grealish, JMG not mentioned in Sky banner nowSpurs should just give us 10 million and get John save a fortune

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2018, 07:29 AM
BTW, had a look on kickback, and they have a 20 page thread dedicated to the McGinn transfer saga.

Absolutely tragic *******s.

More recent news - Neil Armstrong walks on the moon!

AltheHibby
08-08-2018, 07:29 AM
Here is the bit I don't get how would they know what villa has offered . According to reports it's anything between 2.1mill and 4 million.

I could be wrong but not even the agent would know that would he ?

Somebody down here In Brum made up the £2.1 million figure.

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 07:31 AM

But, did he?

Hermit Crab
08-08-2018, 07:32 AM

Nah he never like.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2018, 07:32 AM
But, did he?

Nope! (imo)

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Somebody down here In Brum made up the £2.1 million figure.Any news down there this morning

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2018, 07:36 AM
Nope! (imo)

This is one hell of a radge thread!

Diclonius
08-08-2018, 07:36 AM
Last chance to get signings in for Molde. If we sell McGinn today and don't have people in to compensate at the very least then we're going to have a tough time.

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 07:38 AM
This is one hell of a radge thread!

Think we are all punch drunk with this saga

londonhibby
08-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Last chance to get signings in for Molde. If we sell McGinn today and don't have people in to compensate at the very least then we're going to have a tough time.

Ian Murray watched them for Lenny and seems to think there's little to worry about.

AltheHibby
08-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Any news down there this morning

From the Birmingham Mail:

Talks between John McGinn and Aston Villa have gone well and now the Hibernian midfielder has decisions to make on his future.

Our colleagues at the Daily Record are reporting that McGinn held positive talks with Steve Bruce and will now take today to decide his future.

It is thought that Celtic will match Villa's bid, leaving the midfield having to decide where his future lies.

The Scotland international met manager Steve Bruce for discussions over a transfer to the Championship outfit and was given a guided tour of the training base and stadium having been granted permission by the Easter Road outfit to head south.

Record Sport writes that Villa and Hibs are close to reaching agreement on the terms of a deal which would take the 23-year-old across the border on a permanent basis and the matter is now squarely in the hands of the player.

Dalianwanda
08-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Do new players get given their own scarf to raise above their heads then keep? A joining/induction type gift If so might be worth popping into shop to see if any scraps sold today?

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 07:41 AM
From the Birmingham Mail:

Talks between John McGinn and Aston Villa have gone well and now the Hibernian midfielder has decisions to make on his future.

Our colleagues at the Daily Record are reporting that McGinn held positive talks with Steve Bruce and will now take today to decide his future.

It is thought that Celtic will match Villa's bid, leaving the midfield having to decide where his future lies.

The Scotland international met manager Steve Bruce for discussions over a transfer to the Championship outfit and was given a guided tour of the training base and stadium having been granted permission by the Easter Road outfit to head south.

Record Sport writes that Villa and Hibs are close to reaching agreement on the terms of a deal which would take the 23-year-old across the border on a permanent basis and the matter is now squarely in the hands of the player.

Getting their info from the daily ******!!

AltheHibby
08-08-2018, 07:45 AM
From the Villa fansite:

Hibs would not accept a matched bid from a rival. They have either outbid us or it is rubbish.

Probably just media stirring. I’m sure he will still sign alongside Bryan. Keep the faith. If you’re referring to the article in the Glasgow Evening Times, it says he believes he will get more games at Villa, pointing to a preference to us.

The second quote is from a guy who seems to be one of their more reliable posters.
(unlike Kiwidoug who is one of Kickback's reliable roasters 😁)

Just found this:

Alex Cropley and Dez Bremner, two of the finest midfielders to don' the claret and blue, and both were products of the Hibs youth system. If he's half as good as those two, then we will have some player.

AltheHibby
08-08-2018, 07:49 AM
Getting their info from the daily ******!!

I know. Its an absolute rag, but it's the popular paper here.

From the Express & Star (Black Country daily paper) :

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/08/07/aston-villa-keen-on-hibernian-midfielder-john-mcginn/

Sorry. I don't know how to make it a hyperlink.

CraigHibee
08-08-2018, 07:52 AM
according to the work slaver (celtic fan) they've matched villa's bid and mcginn want to go to "them"

lillian gish i think

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 07:54 AM
Ian Murray watched them for Lenny and seems to think there's little to worry about.

Famous last words!

Sounds like a TV pundit talking about Euro16 Iceland v England. :greengrin

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 07:57 AM
according to the work slaver (celtic fan) they've matched villa's bid and mcginn want to go to "them"

lillian gish i think

Wishful thinking, or believing all that their apologist rags print

Edit. Should that be sycophantic rags

SonOfDavidFrancey
08-08-2018, 08:00 AM
From the Villa fansite:

Hibs would not accept a matched bid from a rival. They have either outbid us or it is rubbish.

Probably just media stirring. I’m sure he will still sign alongside Bryan. Keep the faith. If you’re referring to the article in the Glasgow Evening Times, it says he believes he will get more games at Villa, pointing to a preference to us.

The second quote is from a guy who seems to be one of their more reliable posters.
(unlike Kiwidoug who is one of Kickback's reliable roasters 😁)

Just found this:

Alex Cropley and Dez Bremner, two of the finest midfielders to don' the claret and blue, and both were products of the Hibs youth system. If he's half as good as those two, then we will have some player.

Not strictly true I don’t think - some vague corner of my dementia raddled mind recalls that Des Bremner was signed from Deveronvale in the Highland League.

Jones28
08-08-2018, 08:03 AM
Go to Villa John, go and challenge yourself and stick it round the soap dodgers as one last gift to the Hibees. Would hate to see him playing against us.

Last Minute
08-08-2018, 08:05 AM
Thomas Agyepong has completed his loan move from Manchester City, subject to obtaining a UK visa. Welcome to the club @Agyepong80!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9059

weecounty hibby
08-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Not strictly true I don’t think - some vague corner of my dementia raddled mind recalls that Des Bremner was signed from Deveronvale in the Highland League.
He was signed from Deveronvale. He was one of my early heroes. European cup winner as well. Just shows what can happen when you challenge yourself and don't just sign for one of the bigot twins

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Thomas Agyepong has completed his loan move from Manchester City, subject to obtaining a UK visa. Welcome to the club @Agyepong80!

That could take some time!

Souter96Mac
08-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Another player in the door. A position that needed to be addressed. Next up on my list would be Mulumbu and Allan.

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 08:09 AM

Still has to get a visa! What a palaver this move has been

bingo70
08-08-2018, 08:10 AM
That could take some time!

I would have thought he would already have a visa to allow him to be employed by Man City?

HibsTYT
08-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Does this mean Agyepong can play tomorrow?

GloryGlory
I would have thought he would already have a visa to allow him to be employed by Man City?

He was loaned out to clubs in the Netherlands ISTR, so technically not employed in the UK.

scuttle

At last, welcome to the Cabbage Thomas

J-C
08-08-2018, 08:12 AM

Moving country so needs a new one, different football association.

CapitalGreen

No he didn't need a visa to be employed by City he needed a visa to work in the UK which he hasn't done before. Spent all 3 years at City in the Netherlands on loan.

GloryGlory

Not unless his visa comes through. I don't think he is even with the team at the moment.

Stuart93

Nope, can't play at all til he gets granted a visa, which could take days or even weeks

Billy Whizz
08-08-2018, 08:13 AM

Has he actually played any football at all this season?

CapitalGreen
08-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Has he actually played any football at all this season?

Unlikely.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Unlikely.

So really not ready for this level yet

Phil MaGlass
08-08-2018, 08:18 AM
Maybe Im the only one but,for sellik to save face, surely they would have but a bigger bid in and not just matched it?

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Maybe Im the only one but,for sellik to save face, surely they would have but a bigger bid in and not just matched it?

Biscuit tin mentality

jacomo
08-08-2018, 08:20 AM

lillian gish i think

Celtc have lost all goodwill on this deal. I’m sure they are trying every trick to tap up SJM but the fact is they could have signed him a month ago if they had shown more faith in him.

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 08:21 AM

Why would they do that?

Saving face would be getting him for as close to their initial bids as possible, not conceding to paying something way higher than they valued him at.

It's a shame if Agyepong can't play - if we're without McGinn then there would certainly have been a place for him in the squad on Thursday and Sunday. I assumed the visa was the hold up in announcing and now that it was announced he'd be able to play.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Agyepong signs on officially..... does that mean no barker?

HibeeMassive
08-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Agyepong signs on officially..... does that mean no barker?

Yeah, Barker signed on loan for Preston last night :aok:

CapitalGreen
08-08-2018, 08:24 AM
So really not ready for this level yet

Impossible to say, we've no idea what sort of preseason he has done and not all players require the same time to get up to speed.

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Maybe Im the only one but,for sellik to save face, surely they would have but a bigger bid in and not just matched it?Who knows what they have done, how can you match a bid when you don't know what it is.
They do know Hibs value him a lot more than the last bid .
Your right though 4.5 million and allan would be sensible .
But it's now up to John.
I think he will be churning over his love for Hibs and decide to stay and sign a new contract [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

Juniper Greens
08-08-2018, 08:33 AM
The Sun are reporting that it's £2.75m from Villa, and Celtc will bid more today

Hibeesmad
08-08-2018, 08:35 AM
Celtic close to signing Izaguirre apparently on a one year deal. Thought he never wanted to come back to Scotland

J-C
08-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Celtic close to signing Izaguirre apparently on a one year deal. Thought he never wanted to come back to Scotland

Maybe Tierney on his way out?

Jim44
08-08-2018, 08:38 AM
The Sun are reporting that it's £2.75m from Villa, and Celtc will bid more today

Well it looks like we might have won that war of attrition. Interesting two or three hours coming up this morning.

bingo70
08-08-2018, 08:39 AM

The Sun also told us that Celtic made their very very very very final offer last week.

PatHead
08-08-2018, 08:40 AM
The Sun also told us that Celtic made their very very very very final offer last week.

They also said Brandon Barker was coming back.

makaveli1875
08-08-2018, 08:43 AM

Hope Celtic bid again and SJM tells them to **** right off and signs for Villa . Good opportunity for him , Villa are a big club surely a good shout for promotion

Beefster
08-08-2018, 08:44 AM

Lifted straight off here and/or Twitter.

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 08:47 AM
100% Jim the Sun have been spinning PL stories all along .
2.75 million I don't think so
Well it looks like we might have won that war of attrition. Interesting two or three hours coming up this morning.

Winston Ingram
08-08-2018, 08:48 AM

Thought as much

21sMay
08-08-2018, 08:48 AM
2.75m will surely be what hibs take from the deal after st mirren get their cut

Diclonius
08-08-2018, 08:50 AM
2.75m will surely be what hibs take from the deal after st mirren get their cut

Yup. The Sun will be spinning this so that £2.75M from Celtic (total) seems proportionate.

The_Horde
08-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Yup. The Sun will be spinning this so that £2.75M from Celtic (total) seems proportionate.

Or to make it look like hibs' fault he's gone to villa as Celtic didn't bid far off that initially. (Apparently)

PatHead
08-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Or to make it look like hibs' fault he's gone to villa as Celtic didn't bid far off that initially. (Apparently)
I remember that happening with David Goodwillie when he signed for Blackburn, the DR reported that Rangers, the old club that died, matched Blackburn's bid.

The truth of the matter was that Goodwillie was actually in the middle of his medical, Craig Whyte phoned Thomson at Dundee Utd and said we will match the Blackburn bid but can't give you anything just now and it would be by instalments. Thomson told him to forget it. Was enough for the Glasgow papers though.

21sMay
08-08-2018, 09:09 AM
Celtic have tried to be cheep in a deal for mcginn . I hope and pray mcginn joins villa, not just to get one over on the unwashed but he can really test himself down there with a good chance to get a big move somewhere down the line

londonhibby
08-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Celtic ITKs claiming McGinn wants to work under Brenda and get CL games but family, Lenny and agent telling him to go to Villa because they fear Celtic will mess him about. The thot plickens. :dunno:

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2018, 09:17 AM
If Celtic have matched Villas offer it makes you wonder why they didn't just offer it in the first place and get their man rather than embarrass everyone with a £1.5 million bid. A few Celtic fans at work are now realising Celtic have royally (no pun intended) arsed this up.

londonhibby
08-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Celtic ITKs claiming McGinn wants to work under Brenda and get CL games but family, Lenny and agent telling him to go to Villa because they fear Celtic will mess him about. The thot plickens. :dunno:

...and Villa Twitterers claiming it's done: https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17837-john-mcginn/?page=6

mayo hibee
08-08-2018, 09:18 AM

And that Maclaren was going back to Australia.

Have they actually got anything right in terms of Hibs? At least BG fluked a substitution, so he actually managed to guess one more thing correctly than the Sun have.

Springbank
08-08-2018, 09:21 AM

^^ the McGinn family have impeccable Celtic credentials, and any football fan could never begrudge a player wanting to play for a team that his grandad had been chairman of [espcially if you happen to be John McGinn, and you've won Hibs the Holy Grail, 9 in a row derbies, brought the pride back to the Hibs support]
Worth remembering though that Jack McGinn was not always treated well or fairly by the Celtic support, in the time before Fergus McCann took over through there. Interesting to note that the family are [rumoured on Celtic sites] to be saying "go to Villa now and you'll have plenty other chances later in your career to settle back at Celtic"

Beefster
08-08-2018, 09:21 AM

The poster is also saying that Celtc told him to talk to other clubs. Aye right. Even his fellow posters are calling bull**** on it.

Leitherhibs
08-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Maybe Tierney on his way out?

Think he’s stayinh but they’re in dire need of cover at LB/LWB - As are we IMO.

Gordy M
08-08-2018, 09:25 AM
No idea how to post a link for twitter but Villa Tranfers has just posted.....'have i ever let you down....relax McGinn is complete"....who knows!!

Souter96Mac
08-08-2018, 09:26 AM
I'm already planning to go down and see my mate in Derby to watch County play Villa.

Ferry green
08-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Has Celtics motivation on the derisory bids really been about penny pinching ? At best (IMO) it’s is more like an astonishingly display of arrogance driven by the belief they are the only plausible source for the EPL teams to purchase acceptable level players from when dealing in Scotland (ie who else could Hibs sell to).
At worst it’s called bullying.

Epic fail

londonhibby
08-08-2018, 09:38 AM
No idea how to post a link for twitter but Villa Tranfers has just posted.....'have i ever let you down....relax McGinn is complete"....who knows!!

I've posted a link to the thread.

Springbank
08-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Has Celtics motivation on the derisory bids really been about penny pinching ? At best (IMO) it’s is more like an astonishingly display of arrogance driven by the belief they are the only plausible source for the EPL teams to purchase acceptable level players from when dealing in Scotland (ie who else could Hibs sell to).

Epic fail

A few celticky twitter accounts (Tom Rogic CSC etc) are saying they've heard Celtic have accepted that McGinn has signed for Villa

Lago
08-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Correct. In his time at Hibs he was living just round the corner from me here in Kirkcaldy, occassional chat & hello between us. Lovely guy.

Kato
08-08-2018, 09:47 AM
A few celticky twitter accounts (Tom Rogic CSC etc) are saying they've heard Celtic have accepted that McGinn has signed for Villa

That's really big of them.

Beefster
08-08-2018, 09:48 AM

Ex-St Mirren chairman is claiming he’s off to Villa too. I suppose, outside the principals, he’s as likely to know as anyone.

londonhibby
08-08-2018, 09:49 AM
From the Villa forum: "Reading Twitter some people are amazed we’ve got him for £4m (possibly rising to £6m with promotion apparently)! Makes a change for us to be the ones getting a bargain.
I feel for the Hibs fans in a way though, as we know what it’s like."

Springbank
08-08-2018, 09:50 AM
That's really big of them.

:tee hee:

Jim44
08-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Ex-St Mirren chairman is claiming he’s off to Villa too. I suppose, outside the principals, he’s as likely to know as anyone.

..... if he’s wrong, I hope he doesn’t get the backlash that some of our ITKers are getting this morning. :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
08-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Hopefully he goes to villa and it doesnt work out then we can get him back.....selfish i know:greengrin

Thecat23
Loads on Twitter saying he’s joining Villa now. I hope he does rather see him do well down there than go along the M8.

Beefster
..... if he’s wrong, I hope he doesn’t get the backlash that some of our ITKers are getting this morning. :wink:

Don’t worry, I’m primed to give him it tight and I’ve send his tweet to Danderhall Hibs too.

Not In The Know
08-08-2018, 09:54 AM

Epic fail

Great post!

Hibee87
08-08-2018, 09:55 AM
From the Villa forum: "Reading Twitter some people are amazed we’ve got him for £4m (possibly rising to £6m with promotion apparently)! Makes a change for us to be the ones getting a bargain.

It would be interesting to know what the exact wording is of the St Mirren clause. Would they also get a share, even 30% (if thats the current cut) of any 'future' money we make on McGinn through promotion, sell on clauses etc?
I seem to recall Hibs had some mental clause where we got money when Fletcher moved to Sunderland from Wolves, as Burnley had a sell on clause, when Wolves sold him we were also entitled to a share of the profit Burnley made (I could be talking pish here, but something along those lines striked in my mind).

ShadesLongThrow
08-08-2018, 09:55 AM

That would be a stunning piece of business if true. Interesting to know if St Mirren also get a cut of any additional payments if they are promoted.

andybev1
08-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Celtic have just signed Arzani, the Ozzi player (forward I think). Should be good for McLaren to have a fellow Ozzy pro in Scotland.

makaveli1875
08-08-2018, 09:58 AM
It would be interesting to know what the exact wording is of the St Mirren clause. Would they also get a share, even 30% (if thats the current cut) of any 'future' money we make on McGinn through promotion, sell on clauses etc?
I seem to recall Hibs had some mental clause where we got money when Fletcher moved to Sunderland from Wolves, as Burnley had a sell on clause, when Wolves sold him we were also entitled to a share of the profit Burnley made (I could be talking pish here, but something along those lines striked in my mind).

Was thinking about that ,presumably they will get 30% of whatever is paid upfront then 30% of any future payments .

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Izaguire heading back to Celtic despite saying he wouldn't sign for us because of the big bad agents in Scotland. Money talks.

J-C

I wold assume that if we get a further £2m upon promotion etc, then that would be seen as part of the sale of McGinn so St Mirren would be due their share of that too.

green day
Celtic have just signed Arzani, the Ozzi player (forward I think). Should be good for McLaren to have a fellow Ozzy pro in Scotland.

Is the jambo left back not an aussie too? The boy that scored that screamer of a free kick

GloryGlory
That would be a stunning piece of business if true. Interesting to know if St Mirren also get a cut of any additional payments if they are promoted.

I suppose it will depend on the terms of the deal we have with St Mirren. However, I do think if we have already given 33% then more on top of that is a bit much.

J-C
08-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Izzuguire heading back to Celtic despite saying he wouldn't sign for us because of the big bad agents in Scotland. Money talks.

Or maybe the case that he was a greedy get and wanted more than we were offering.

euro Hibby
Way too much time spent on this but as its a Hibernian favoutite I think everyone has this sale close to heart ! Hopefully its done today and its Villa so we can all enjoy following the championship and watch his performances.
If Celtic haave lost him then they really screwed up big time !

SirDavidsNapper
Or maybe the case that he was a greedy get and wanted more than we were offering.

Exactly that

andybev1
08-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Is the jambo left back not an aussie too? The boy that scored that screamer of a free kick

Not sure tbh.

ScottB
08-08-2018, 10:04 AM
I'd be wanting a sell on clause. If McGinn does as well as we'd all hope, he could be a £20million + player in a couple years.

As for Celtic, they've got the cash, it just seems that they are trying hard to avoid spending it. Maybe saving it up for a potential future where Rangers actually have money again? Mixed with some arrogance, that explains the derisory bids.

The_Horde
08-08-2018, 10:04 AM
Not sure tbh.

Hearts I think have 2 maybe even 3 aussies now. One of them is already mates with JMAC.

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 10:05 AM
My exclusive first ITK post decision made Villa it is apparently all agree agent ect that's his best move.

I await a custard pie [emoji38][emoji38]

makaveli1875
08-08-2018, 10:06 AM
I'd be wanting a sell on clause. If McGinn does as well as we'd all hope, he could be a £20million + player in a couple years.

As for Celtic, they've got the cash, it just seems that they are trying hard to avoid spending it. Maybe saving it up for a potential future where Rangers actually have money again? Mixed with some arrogance, that explains the derisory bids.

watch this space... they will go out and splash 4/5m on some 2nd rate splinter arsed bench warmer from England . They just hate spending money in Scotland

MyJo
08-08-2018, 10:07 AM

Rogic is also at Celtic, Garrucio, Bozanic and Edwards at the jambos are all Aussies too.

The Harp Awakes
08-08-2018, 10:07 AM

In English terms £4m rising to £6m may be a bargain, but if true, in Scottish terms that's a cracking deal for Hibs for a player with 1 year of his contract to go.

Celtic's attempt to shaft Hibs in the transfer market looks like being a major fail. I hope they learn their lesson that they can't always succeed in making derisory offers to other Scottish Clubs for players.

Captain Trips
08-08-2018, 10:08 AM
My exclusive first ITK post decision made Villa it is apparently all agree agent ect that's his best move.

I await a custard pie [emoji38][emoji38]

Good luck though using the word "apparently" is not convincing enough for ITK

proud_and_green
08-08-2018, 10:08 AM
He was signed from Deveronvale. He was one of my early heroes. European cup winner as well. Just shows what can happen when you challenge yourself and don't just sign for one of the bigot twins

I wish people wouldn't mention Des so often, he is my all time favourite Hibs player and it brings back memories of the horror and pain I felt when he left us for Villa and not a little embarrassment at work as I go off in to a dwam dreaming of bygone days as I do now and then.....

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Good luck though using the word "apparently" is not convincing enough for ITKI remove that word [emoji23][emoji23]

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Villa are far too maroon for my liking

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Villa are my English club so I really hope that’s where he ends up. Would be great watching him hopefully helping Villa gain promotion, especially if it means an additional payment for Hibs.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2018, 10:22 AM
Villa are far too maroon for my liking

Claret [emoji1]

thegaffer12
08-08-2018, 10:24 AM
If Hibs get £2m for an Aston Villa promotion I think I've found my English team :wink: That's more than we would get for finishing third!

Ozyhibby
08-08-2018, 10:24 AM
In English terms £4m rising to £6m may be a bargain, but if true, in Scottish terms that's a cracking deal for Hibs for a player with 1 year of his contract to go.

Celtic's attempt to shaft Hibs in the transfer market looks like being a major fail. I hope they learn their lesson that they can't always succeed in making derisory offers to other Scottish Clubs for players.

If that is the deal then I’ll be supporting Villa big time this season. [emoji3]

Hibbyboy
08-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know if St Mirren are due a %?

MyJo
08-08-2018, 10:29 AM

Don't know, don't think that's been mentioned before.

CropleyWasGod

No.

:cb

Captain Trips

Have we got a video?

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know if St Mirren are due a %?Not sure as a % but 3/10

AltheHibby
08-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Cracking post from Villa Talk.

"Perhaps as a good will gesture we can loan out Tshibola to one of the Hibs league rivals to weaken them and make the loss of McGinn feel a bit less hard?"

😂

Time to get my Villa shirt out the wardrobe an see if it still fits. 😁

JeMeSouviens
08-08-2018, 10:48 AM
If we have really got a £4M deal rising to £6M if they get promoted (and presumably a sell-on, we'd be mental not to) then, notwithstanding the fact that it's an incredible bargain for Villa by English market standards, that is an outstanding bit of business from Hibs.

Certain Celtc bloggers looking more than a little stupid if that comes off. :wink:

Juniper Greens
08-08-2018, 10:50 AM
If we have really got a £4M deal rising to £6M if they get promoted (and presumably a sell-on, we'd be mental not to) then, notwithstanding the fact that it's an incredible bargain for Villa by English market standards, that is an outstanding bit of business from Hibs.

Certain Celtc bloggers looking more than a little stupid if that comes off. :wink:
Where are people seeing this? I only saw these figures associated with a full-back that Villa are also buying today

BoltonHibee
08-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Grealish not going anywhere

BegbieHSC
08-08-2018, 10:51 AM

Potentially another twist...

Lago
08-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Did Hibs pay a transfer fee when Dylan moved from Celtic?

londonhibby
08-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Where are people seeing this? I only saw these figures associated with a full-back that Villa are also buying today

It was claimed on the Villa Forum. That's all.

Jim44
08-08-2018, 10:59 AM

Was McGinn going as a direct replacement or might there be room for both of them?

brythehibby
08-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Was McGinn going as a direct replacement or might there be room for both of them?

Two totally different players so doubt it'll make any odds.

Jones28
08-08-2018, 11:01 AM

That's never going to happen.

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 11:02 AM

I only seen AV a couple of times, but I would not have thought they were that similar players.

JeMeSouviens
08-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Did Hibs pay a transfer fee when Dylan moved from Celtic?

Sort of. His coming to us reduced the amount they paid us for Allan.

Ilovehibs
08-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Daily Record now claiming Celtic have matched Aston Villa's bid for SJM.

Lago
08-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Sort of. His coming to us reduced the amount they paid us for Allan.
Thanks

Diclonius
08-08-2018, 11:10 AM

Tough. Deal's done. Piss off Celtic.

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Potentially another twist...No difference to JMC deal

Ralphy C
08-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Waghorn to Derby 5M unbelievable.

FifeHibs
08-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Is it possible a transfer can be agreed and a clause to allow McGinn to play with us until Europa League Qualifiers have been completed

Allant1981
08-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Is it possible a transfer can be agreed and a clause to allow McGinn to play with us until Europa League Qualifiers have been completed

doubt it, he has to be registered with an english club by 1700 tomorrow

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Stewart Gilmour ex st mirren chairman tweeting he believes deal done with villa also for JMC

snooky
08-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Tough. Deal's done. Piss off Celtic.

Breaking news says Grealish staying with Villa. Nothing about SJM except he's down there getting a medical.
Hope you're right, for Celtc's sake :wink:

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 11:25 AM
No murmurs of any incomings for us before the midnight deadline for Uefa?? Agyepong yes but pretty useless in terms of 2moro night as he can't play??

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Stewart Gilmour ex st mirren chairman tweeting he believes deal done with villa also for JMC

Pardon my ignorance - JMC?

Sean1875
08-08-2018, 11:30 AM

I really really doubt that. Just a last ditched attempt by the weegie media to try and save Celtc a little credibility after completely ****ing up their SJM approach and it backfiring.

number9dream
08-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Bournemouth supporting pal says we are one of a few clubs to have asked about a loan deal for Emerson Hyndman - the USA midfielder who was at Rangers a while back... I guess it could wait until after tomorrow’s deadline down south since loans can still be done up until 31 Aug.

Ozyhibby
08-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Bournemouth supporting pal says we are one of a few clubs to have asked about a loan deal for Emerson Hyndman - the USA midfielder who was at Rangers a while back... I guess it could wait until after tomorrow’s deadline down south since loans can still be done up until 31 Aug.

That would be a good signing.

Unseen work
08-08-2018, 11:53 AM

Good goal scoring midfielder and would be a good signing.

However I’m not convinced he is what we need.

Springbank
08-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Don't know if this makes me ITK but I just received a random tweet/reply from St Mirren ex-chairman Stewart Gilmour, saying Hibs deserve to get Scotty Allan back, "Rod and Leeane [sic] have handled this [the McGinn transfer] superbly".

I glossed over the Rod reference, but suggested that Leeann & Rod's excellent skills and good faith in handling SJM, Hibs & St Mirren's interests might be something that a board like, say, Dundee's might take into account if Hibs were to offer a relatively low sum for Glen Kamara, with a 30% sell-on clause...

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Pardon my ignorance - JMC?John mcginn

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 12:06 PM
John mcginn

When did it change from SJM? :greengrin

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 12:07 PM
When did it change from SJM? :greengrinSince he left Hibs [emoji172][emoji172]

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 12:10 PM

The window here is open for both permanent and loans until 31 August. The 9 August deadline in England only affects incoming transfers. English clubs can still transfer players out to clubs in other associations who have a different deadline.

Like the situation we had with Garry O'Connor when he went to Lokomotiv Moscow.

GloryGlory
Since he left Hibs [emoji172][emoji172]

:greengrin :thumbsup:

WhileTheChief..
Don't know if this makes me ITK but I just received a random tweet/reply from St Mirren ex-chairman Stewart Gilmour, saying Hibs deserve to get Scotty Allan back, "Rod and Leeane [sic] have handled this [the McGinn transfer] superbly".

I glossed over the Rod reference, but suggested that Leeann & Rod's excellent skills and good faith in handling SJM, Hibs & St Mirren's interests might be something that a board like, say, Dundee's might take into account if Hibs were to offer a relatively low sum for Glen Kamara, with a 30% sell-on clause...

Why ignore Rod’s role in this?

Have we not moved on from Rod being the bogeyman!

Credit to everyone at Hibs for the way things are going just now.

Brooster
08-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Surely they should be bettering Villa's bid.

makaveli1875
08-08-2018, 12:15 PM

they will also have to match the wages Villa will be offering , you'd think it will be a good bit more than Sellick were planning to pay him

Onion
08-08-2018, 12:16 PM

Hmm, going to be an interesting few hours. For Celtic to "match" Villa's offer, do they not need to have spoken to SJM and/or his agent to establish what personal terms Villa have offered SJM ? And to do that, do they not have to have permission from Hibs to speak to John ??

Can see Celtic offering to "match", SJM stating his preference to go to Celtic - killing Villa's chances - only for Celtic to withdraw their matched offer after 5pm once the English window is closed and trying to lowball us again.

cabbageandribs1875
08-08-2018, 12:18 PM

so they've doubled their last final offer :confused: that would be a helluva climbdown for them

Ozyhibby
08-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Hmm, going to be an interesting few hours. For Celtic to "match" Villa's offer, do they not need to have spoken to SJM and/or his agent to establish what personal terms Villa have offered SJM ? And to do that, do they not have to have permission from Hibs to speak to John ??

Can see Celtic offering to "match", SJM stating his preference to go to Celtic - killing Villa's chances - only for Celtic to withdraw their matched offer after 5pm once the English window is closed and trying to lowball us again.

I think we will have a plan in place to make sure that doesn’t happen.

makaveli1875
08-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Word doing the rounds that SJM is currently having his medical at Villa

Long live the king :not worth

Ozyhibby
08-08-2018, 12:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180808/67f840aaea7c2cecabdaf935958b699e.png

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 12:26 PM
I think we will have a plan in place to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe have John is under lock and key at Villa hibs refusing celtic permission to talk to him .
Deal is all but done just a scarf required . [emoji102][emoji102]

Diclonius
08-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Do we actually have any concrete links with any targets right now? We've either signed all previous ones, they've signed for other teams or no speculation has been heard for a while now.

SJNB Hibby
08-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Villa are my English club so I really hope that’s where he ends up. Would be great watching him hopefully helping Villa gain promotion, especially if it means an additional payment for Hibs.

I had a not too distant relative play for them in the 60's. Got me free tickets when they played Palace, my local team. Always had a soft spot for them
Classic old stadium, think they might be on the road to recovery

IWasThere2016
08-08-2018, 12:34 PM

Probably as too many believe he isn't involved when he has always been..

Good time to be a Hibby, and hope SJM puts pen to paper in Brum today

Captain Trips
08-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Have any Villa fans left a scarf tied for him? that's the real issue.

HoboHarry
08-08-2018, 12:39 PM
One of the best parts of this whole McGinn affair has been the monumental kick in the knackers that Celtic have been given. We've told them we won't be bullied and told them to bolt. At no stage did we back down and now Brenda and the fans are hacked off with Peter Lawwell. Lovely.........

Stevie Reid
08-08-2018, 12:40 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45117113

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 12:41 PM

Two bids?!

RossScott1991
08-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Is there anything concrete on what we are receiving for him? Seeing reports of 4 million, reports of 2.75.

I know it’s almost certainty guaranteed sell on clauses but would be pretty dissapointed if it’s 2.75 we are getting just now with 30% going to st Mirren.

snooky
08-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Surely they should be bettering Villa's bid.

If they really want to show how much they want him, this 100%.
Penny pinchers to the power n.

08-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Is there anything concrete on what we are receiving for him? Seeing reports of 4 million, reports of 2.75.

I know it’s almost certainty guaranteed sell on clauses but would be pretty dissapointed if it’s 2.75 we are getting just now with 30% going to st Mirren.

We'll never find out - hibs won't publicise it.

snooky
08-08-2018, 12:48 PM

Not really our business. What is though I would suggest is, who will they spend it on. :dunno:

PapillonVert
08-08-2018, 12:49 PM

Presumably, if McGinn is down there undergoing a medical, that means he's decided in favour of Villa and he must have a fair idea of the terms they are prepared to offer (otherwise why put yourself through a medical unnecessarily?).

Seems like the clubs have agreed terms and so looks like he is on his way.

makaveli1875

St Mirren might , their old chairman has a big gob on him :greengrin

Springbank

Have we not moved on from Rod being the bogeyman!

Credit to everyone at Hibs for the way things are going just now.

Not ignoring it, was just interesting to note that one of the directly interested parties in the deal has credited both RP and LD working as a team (and what a formidable team they make).

SunshineOnLeith
08-08-2018, 12:50 PM

It's in Hibs interest to take less upfront (and therefore less to st mirren) with more heavy weighting on add ons etc. Does mean however that every media outlet and attention seeker on twitter will claim a different figure for the value of the deal.

I think in this instance we just have to accept that it's an amount Hibs are happy with.

PapillonVert
08-08-2018, 12:50 PM

Do they mention any figures for transfers in the annual accounts?

Big_Franck
08-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Not really our business. What is though I would suggest is, who will they spend it on. :dunno:

I disagree. Fans should find out how much we get for our best players. Maybe not straight away as that might weaken our hand when trying to get players in the next couple weeks, but we put a huge amount in to the club and deserve to know if we get decent money for our best players or not. I believe we will be though.

PapillonVert
08-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Not ignoring it, was just interesting to note that one of the directly interested parties in the deal has credited both RP and LD working as a team (and what a formidable team they make).

Is there a mixed doubles event in the World Poker Championships? :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
08-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Do they mention any figures for transfers in the annual accounts?

You can sometimes make an educated guess with a bit of analysis of the accounts, but IIRC they don't disclose 'we received £X for player Y' or anything to that level of detail.

Juniper Greens
08-08-2018, 12:53 PM
It's in Hibs interest to take less upfront (and therefore less to st mirren) with more heavy weighting on add ons etc. Does mean however that every media outlet and attention seeker on twitter will claim a different figure for the value of the deal.

I think in this instance we just have to accept that it's an amount Hibs are happy with.

Wouldn't make a difference. We would be due st mirren the same % of any add ons as we would initial fee

LustForLeith
08-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Witt Grelish staying at Villa apparently, what impact will this have in McGinns transfer?

Big_Franck
08-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Wouldn't make a difference. We would be due st mirren the same % of any add ons as we would initial fee

How do you know that? That's pure guess work on your part.

SunshineOnLeith
08-08-2018, 12:57 PM

Would depend on the agreement between Hibs and St mirren, but I would have thought that it would only be a % of 'definite' amounts, i.e. Whatever the upfront fee is and whatever is being paid over 12, 18, 24 or whatever months.

Wouldn't have expected add ons for, say, international caps or league appearances to be split with St mirren.

Completely guesswork though, we'll likely never know the full answer.

makaveli1875
08-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Witt Grelish staying at Villa apparently, what impact will this have in McGinns transfer?

They stopped mid way through the medical and sent him home

PapillonVert
08-08-2018, 12:59 PM
You can sometimes make an educated guess with a bit of analysis of the accounts, but IIRC they don't disclose 'we received £X for player Y' or anything to that level of detail.

Thanks, SoL (and also CWG who, I see, has deleted his reply).

I thought it would be something along those lines.

calumhibee1

Nobody knows it but logic would suggest it or else we could just sell him for a tenner and once he hits 1 appearance they’re due us an add on of £4m and st Mirren would only be due £3 odds. I’d be very surprised if St Mirren weren’t due whatever percentage it is on every single penny we ever receive for SJM.

Ringothedog

But it will become fact soon enough, a bit like the 33%

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Thanks, SoL (and also CWG who, I see, has deleted his reply).

I thought it would be something along those lines.

I did, 'cos SOL said virtually the same as me. No point in clogging up a thread with useless or duplicate posts.

Like this one. :greengrin

Juniper Greens
08-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Would depend on the agreement between Hibs and St mirren, but I would have thought that it would only be a % of 'definite' amounts, i.e. Whatever the upfront fee is and whatever is being paid over 12, 18, 24 or whatever months.

Wouldn't have expected add ons for, say, international caps or league appearances to be split with St mirren.

Completely guesswork though, we'll likely never know the full answer.

That wouldn't make sense, or else we would structure it like
£1 million now and £3 million after first appearance.
When Fletcher moved to Sunderland, due to Burnley having a sell on fee with Wolves, we got a kick back as part of that. Sell ins still apply until a chain is broken

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2018, 01:03 PM
That wouldn't make sense, or else we would structure it like
£1 million now and £3 million after first appearance.
When Fletcher moved to Sunderland, due to Burnley having a sell on fee with Wolves, we got a kick back as part of that. Sell ins still apply until a chain is broken

...only if the contract says so.

We don't know about the SJM one.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Is the 4M rising 6M depending on promotion legit? That would be tasty.

AugustaHibs

That’s almost as much as you would have had to pay out had barker signed permanently!

HibbyScott
I did, 'cos SOL said virtually the same as me. No point in clogging up a thread with useless or duplicate posts.

Like this one. :greengrin

Have you read the majority of this thread? :greengrin Would be 5 pages long without the useless posts

Juniper Greens
08-08-2018, 01:09 PM
...only if the contract says so.

We don't know about the SJM one.

It's quite a standard clause in these deals. Eyebrows would be raised if a club tried to remove it. I'm sure there was an instance recently when Juve or someone similar were due themselves quite a large transfer fee when the resigned someone.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-08-2018, 01:09 PM
That’s almost as much as you would have had to pay out had barker signed permanently!

😂

snooky
08-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Scarf included? :hmmm:

The Harp Awakes
08-08-2018, 01:17 PM

Given the Villa fans think £4M-£6M is a bargain, the amount of money floating around in English football is excessive and added to the fact that the fee between the clubs was agreed fairly quickly, that amount seems plausible.

I wouldn't pay any notice to the Scottish rags as they will be keen to speculate on an amount closer to £2m to save face for Celtic.

SunshineOnLeith
08-08-2018, 01:24 PM
I suppose they could get an actuary to 'value' the entire deal however it is structured, factoring in the liklihood of each add on actually happening etc.

But more than likely its dealt with in the contract between Hibs and St mirren.

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 01:29 PM
I suppose they could get an actuary to 'value' the entire deal however it is structured, factoring in the liklihood of each add on actually happening etc.

But more than likely its dealt with in the contract between Hibs and St mirren.

They could, just to get a final settlement done and dusted.

It's probably more likely they would just get X% each time we recevive money. If it's today, in a year, or further down the line. None of us know the contract details or how it will work, but to me this seems like the most logical outcome of the whole situation.

Juniper Greens
08-08-2018, 01:32 PM
They could, just to get a final settlement done and dusted.

It's probably more likely they would just get X% each time we recevive money. If it's today, in a year, or further down the line. None of us know the contract details or how it will work, but to me this seems like the most logical outcome of the whole situation.

I would agree with this approach.

As an actuary, I wouldn't touch the other suggestion! Far too much guesswork!

BoltonHibee
08-08-2018, 01:34 PM

Where do those figure come from, as they are the same that are being bandied about for the transfer of Joe Bryan to Villa?

erin go bragh
08-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Presumably, if McGinn is down there undergoing a medical, that means he's decided in favour of Villa and he must have a fair idea of the terms they are prepared to offer (otherwise why put yourself through a medical unnecessarily?).

Seems like the clubs have agreed terms and so looks like he is on his way.
A local paper down there have reported he has been offered 23k a week .

HoboHarry
08-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Where do those figure come from, as they are the same that are being bandied about for the transfer of Joe Bryan to Villa?

They were posted on .net so they are now FACT.

BegbieHSC
08-08-2018, 01:41 PM
‘ITK’ Sellick fans claiming as of 1330, McGinn has REJECTED Villa, and is on his way to Parkhead to have talks with Celtic.

I’m calling bull, but I thought I’d pass on.

londonhibby
08-08-2018, 01:43 PM
They were posted on .net so they are now FACT.

Actually they were posted on VillaTalk first and are therefore VillaTalk FACTS. I guess we'll never know for sure if their FACTS are as reliable as .net FACTS. :greengrin

J-C
08-08-2018, 01:44 PM
You don't put yourself through the rigours of a medical if you haven't agreed personal terms.

Convo between Villa and John..." do this medical 1st to make sure you're fit enough before we tell you what wage we'll give you "...John, " Erm nah, tell me how much you're paying me and then I'll show you how fit I am."

easty
Greg Doherty has left The Rangers to sign for Shrewsbury on loan. I would've been pretty happy for us to make a move for him.

CapitalGreen
‘ITK’ Sellick fans claiming as of 1330, McGinn has REJECTED Villa, and is on his way to Parkhead to have talks with Celtic.

I wonder if they are as reliable as our ITK frauds.

AltheHibby
08-08-2018, 01:46 PM
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/08/08/aston-villa-in-pole-position-for-hibernian-ace-john-mcginn/

Apologies for the lack of hyperlink again.

The article quotes NL and says Villa are in the driving seat.

BegbieHSC
08-08-2018, 01:46 PM

They now seem to be backtracking on these claims. Reckon he’ll sign for Villa.