PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Allant1981
07-08-2018, 04:31 PM
..who gets bollock-naked? :confused:

these days its highly possible!

Aldo
07-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Am a burd ya radge

50/50 shout from the poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Well this is nice. This thread seems to be a wee happy place just now.

I’m glad your all happy.

we’re going drop like a stone when SJM goes
I’ll run down Easter road bollock naked if we finish higher than 5th this season.

I’ll bet you £100 to any charity of your choice if we finish below 5th. Put your money where your mouth is.

Nemo
07-08-2018, 04:33 PM
They do bounce about a bit. But I’m still doing it

Jim44
07-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Brenda seems distinctly unhappy....... gerritrightroonthem.......

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/brendan-rodgers-celtic-left-door-open-for-john-mcginn-suitors-1-4780075

The reality of the situation they have brought on themselves is coming home to roost.
Comments like :

Apparently we've told McGinn we'll match whatever bid Aston Villa made today.

JohnMcM
07-08-2018, 04:34 PM
50/50 shout from the poster.

Thank you for your support brother,,,,,,,,,, or, errrrm, sister.

See, I learn quickly and don't make the same mistake twice. Says the twice married, broke nervous-wreck.

:flag:

mcfly
07-08-2018, 04:34 PM

I’m glad your all happy.

I’ll run down Easter road bollock naked if we finish higher than 5th this season.

Stop it!!!

Do you really think we don’t have replacements lined up?

The lad was in the last year of his contract, whilst we all agreed £1.5 million was not acceptable. If we get £4 million then that is a great deal
For all parties.

The player showed his love for the club by not forcing a move and playing at an amazing level. We should thank him and we move on.

Trust the manager he’s doing is all ok at the moment. He’s a winner and won’t let the standards drop.

Aldo
07-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Thank you for your support brother,,,,,,,,,, or, errrrm, sister.

See, I learn quickly and don't make the same mistake twice. Says the twice married, broke nervous-wreck.

[emoji23]

supermcginn

I’m glad your all happy.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hermit Crab
The reality of the situation they have brought on themselves is coming home to roost.
Comments like :

Aye, so they will. They only sign players from Scottish clubs on the cheap and treat us like mugs, well those days are gone I'm afraid. GIRUT I say. :giruy2:

Ralphy C
Would've thought Brighton and Blackburn would have piped up by now if they were really interested.

Aldo
I’ll bet you £100 to any charity of your choice if we finish below 5th. Put your money where your mouth is.

Offt! An offer on the table!

mcfly
07-08-2018, 04:36 PM

Don’t think you’ll be able to “find” Nemo now.

Nemo
07-08-2018, 04:36 PM

No. Like for like.

If I’m wrong it’s tits oot for a run doon Easter Rd

If I’m right you get your dangly bits oot for a run doon Easter Rd

snooky
07-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Am a burd ya radge

That kinda ups the ante. :cool2:

Smartie
07-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Can I revise my answer to the "Europa league run but finish 5th or lower" poll please?

07-08-2018, 04:42 PM
That kinda ups the ante. :cool2:

Don't you mean "up the auntie?" :wink:

AltheHibby
07-08-2018, 04:43 PM
No. Like for like.

In my shape I could do both! 🤮

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Comments like :

Which would likely make SJM Celtic's highest paid player, no?

snooky
07-08-2018, 04:46 PM
No. Like for like.

It'll be an interesting race if somehow it works out that you're both wrong. :cb

Certainly trumps Lineker's effort.

Since90+2
07-08-2018, 04:47 PM
Which would likely make SJM Celtic's highest paid player, no?

The boy they just signed from PSG for £9 million will be on more than what McGinn is being offered.

brog
07-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Stop it!!!

Do you really think we don’t have replacements lined up?

The lad was in the last year of his contract, whilst we all agreed £1.5 million was not acceptable. If we get £4 million then that is a great deal
For all parties.

The player showed his love for the club by not forcing a move and playing at an amazing level. We should thank him and we move on.

Trust the manager he’s doing is all ok at the moment. He’s a winner and won’t let the standards drop.

Problem is we'll be outbid by Stubbsy now that he's about to get a mega warchest! :wink:

JohnMcM
07-08-2018, 04:49 PM
In my shape I could do both! 🤮

Stop it Mum! Right now! Just stop it!!!!

My friends read this forum.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 04:52 PM
No. Like for like.

Who pays the bail money when one of you gets lifted for indecent exposure and gets put on the register?

hibee1875
07-08-2018, 04:52 PM

😂😂😂 wtf is going on in here

Tug Wilson
07-08-2018, 04:53 PM
No. Like for like.

Can we see some photos before we decide which we want. Nemo or Cat streaking doon the street. Might be a tough choice.

For what is worth I am sick of all the people on here going on and on about not being able to replace McGinn and McGeouch. Of course we will not replace them like for like. Lennon's biggest challenge this season will be remoulding our midfield. It helps that we have secured both our defence and attack from last year.

We will have some cash in the bank and the rest of August to bring in some more players. Will they be as good as John McGinn? Probably not. However, I am convinced that they will be quality players and we will be fine this season and for many to come.

JohnMcM
07-08-2018, 04:54 PM
😂😂😂 wtf is going on in here

Old fashioned banter, old style give and take, old style plain old fun.

madhatter
07-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Why are there so many rumours of the fee being £2.1m? No way can it be that, Hibs would've rejected that surely?

ancient hibee
07-08-2018, 04:55 PM

I’m glad your all happy.

Please don’t.

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Why are there so many rumours of the fee being £2.1m? No way can it be that, Hibs would've rejected that surely?

It was reported a while ago that hibs wanted £2.1m and Celtic had offered £1.7m

That's probably where that's come from I'd imagine.

If it is £2.1m you can bet on a player in return and some serious added incentives.

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 04:57 PM
Who pays the bail money when one of you gets lifted for indecent exposure and gets put on the register?

Oh, BAIL money! I thought for a second you'd written ball money there.
Should have gone to Specsavers! :wink: :greengrin

DaveF
No. Like for like.

We've come a long way since a bath of beans....

Nemo
Old fashioned banter, old style give and take, old style plain old fun.

Exactly...no snowflakes allowed. 🤣🤣

Nemo
07-08-2018, 04:58 PM
We've come a long way since a bath of beans....

It brings me joy. What can I say.

And you sir should be on mastermind. Well done.

JohnMcM
07-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Can we see some photos before we decide which we want. Nemo or Cat streaking doon the street. Might be a tough choice.

For what is worth I am sick of all the people on here going on and on about not being able to replace McGinn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?.

Ah! A good old fashioned "let's judge others by how they look type of person."

By the way, look at the name Nemo backwards before you say anything more.:na na:

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 04:59 PM

For what is worth I am sick of all the people on here going on and on about not being able to replace McGinn and McGeouch. Of course we will not replace them like for like. Lennon's biggest challenge this season will be remoulding our midfield. It helps that we have secured both our defence and attack from last year.

We will have some cash in the bank and the rest of August to bring in some more players. Will they be as good as John McGinn? Probably not. However, I am convinced that they will be quality players and we will be fine this season and for many to come.

Library photo

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180807/d4059057400db1e5d459fbc3af5247f9.png

JohnMcM
07-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Exactly...no snowflakes allowed. 🤣🤣

Don't tell my cousin that, he's a snowman.

weecounty hibby
07-08-2018, 05:02 PM

If it is £2.1m you can bet on a player in return and some serious added incentives.

Never saw any reports of 2.1 being acceptable to Hibs. Neil has consistently talked about 4 to 5 and I'm sure I saw we had said 3 minimum

huggie1875
07-08-2018, 05:03 PM
looking at Brenda's comments about Celtics poor attempts at gettim SJM he may not be there much longer

WoreTheGreen
07-08-2018, 05:06 PM
It'll be an interesting race if somehow it works out that you're both wrong. :cb

Certainly trumps Lineker's effort.

I once steaked down Easter Road .I ran past two old grannies one had a stroke luckily the other one could’ny reach

Jim44
07-08-2018, 05:06 PM

Never mind, Brenda and Peter, another one’ll be along soon.

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Never saw any reports of 2.1 being acceptable to Hibs. Neil has consistently talked about 4 to 5 and I'm sure I saw we had said 3 minimum

It was around on Twitter when the first bid went in.. said hibs were looking for 2.1 plus 2 players.

Jack Hackett
07-08-2018, 05:09 PM
When, not if, McGinn departs, I fully trust our Manager to sign more than suitable replacements, in fact as much as I love SA, I'm sure there are other gems NL will know.

One particular thing that has really impressed about Neil Lennon, is his experience with these situations, it looks like he is bang on the money with this and how lucky we have someone with his pedigree running this part of the club.

Perhaps we should be looking at Neil's package again, as his stock is definitely rising.

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 05:12 PM
So where's bleed green and what happened to the Tuesday 5pm scarf above the head thingy???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

madhatter
07-08-2018, 05:13 PM

£2.1m would be sickening, not nearly enough. If we have to give any amount of that to St Mirren then it gets into territory of just letting McGinn go for free next summer. I know it's difficult because it's getting to the point where he needs to move on but I'd argue that McGinn's worth to Hibs is more than £2.1m (even with a year left on his contract).

Incentives are normally done with the buyer in mind (might seem like they favour the seller but they rarely do). We always hear of the Van Dijk type situations but rarely hear of the incentives that clubs have missed out on etc. Imagine it being a sell-on clause but Aston Villa let McGinn run down his contract because they don't get an offer they like...Promotion clause? Maybe they miss out on promotion.

£4-5m with 20% sell-on would be perfect for all parties. If we get offered one of their youngsters or a reject as part of the deal...well I'd tell them to get lost. Henderson is the only one, in recent history, that I can remember being a great deal in that regard (might have forgotten someone). We need money, and St Mirren will get a cut so we need to maximise funds upfront. Imagine £1.4m after St Mirren get their cut (if the figure is to be believed), we'd be down our best player and only have £1.4m...that's awful.

Smartie
07-08-2018, 05:13 PM

Could you please talk me through your choice of username?

Davy Mac
07-08-2018, 05:14 PM

LOL, Jeez I'm getting slower in my old age. Brilliant!

hfc rd
So where's bleed green and what happened to the Tuesday 5pm scarf above the head thingy???

On the phone to Everton to get them to sign John McGinn

Walter

Must have went t*ts cos we were all too cynical to leave a scarf.

Aldo
07-08-2018, 05:18 PM

[emoji23][emoji23]

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Must have went t*ts cos we were all too cynical to leave a scarf.Aye our fault again..or Stubbsy didn't do a good enough job selling him to the Evertonians [emoji6]

Aldo
07-08-2018, 05:20 PM
It brings me joy. What can I say.

And you sir should be on mastermind. Well done.

And you say your a ‘lady’?

If I’m right in thinking the bath o beans involved a certain ‘Derek’ signing??

Hibs90
07-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Not sure whether this is the worst or best thread in hibs.net history. :confused:

Nemo
07-08-2018, 05:23 PM
And you say your a ‘lady’?

If I’m right in thinking the bath o beans involved a certain ‘Derek’ signing??

Honestly can’t remember. Big davef will though no doubt

Aldo
07-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Honestly can’t remember. Big davef will though no doubt

Mmmmm!

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Villa page just posted that mcginn will be announced tomorrow for them!

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2018, 05:31 PM
The AV forum seem confident that it’s genuine.

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 05:34 PM
The AV forum seem confident that it’s genuine.

That was posted on here an couple of pages back. They do trust their Twitter guy apparently though.

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2018, 05:36 PM
That was posted on here an couple of pages back. They do trust their Twitter guy apparently though.

Sorry! Must of missed it, only just seen it when having a nosey on their forums to see what they had to say about SJM!

Hibs90
07-08-2018, 05:37 PM
https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8021830.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS90673607.jpg

One of the great photos from 21st May.

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Sorry! Must of missed it, only just seen it when having a nosey on their forums to see what they had to say about SJM!

Must have!!

Jones28
07-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Just had the pleasure of flicking through their SJM thread on pinkback - the delusion is strong with the vast majority of them. A couple of rational posters but most of them are taking utter *****.

GlesgaeHibby
07-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Just had the pleasure of flicking through their SJM thread on pinkback - the delusion is strong with the vast majority of them. A couple of rational posters but most of them are taking utter *****.

They are ****ing mental, although Spruce Bringsteen takes the ****wittery to new levels with this belter:

"Did anyone watch the Villa/Hull game yesterday btw? Ignoring that Villa had Birkir Bjarnason unable to get a start (and you'd need to be up to your eyeballs in psychotropics to believe McGinn is anywhere close to him), Milinkovic came on for Hull and looked utterly ****ing pap, and yet absolutely and objectively had a better season last year than McGinn. I can only conclude that the new Villa owners are complete screwballs tbh."

:faf:

Tug Wilson
07-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Could you please talk me through your choice of username?

That's easy. It's a navy thing.

Talk me through yours.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 06:00 PM

I’m glad your all happy.

Bookmarked.

S4uzee
07-08-2018, 06:02 PM
I think this is the worst I’ve felt about a player leaving ... love SJM to bits

Allant1981
07-08-2018, 06:03 PM
hopefully get a couple of players in with whatever money we get, to think there was a poster on here who said there would be no chance we would get near £2m for mcginn

Tug Wilson
07-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Ah! A good old fashioned "let's judge others by how they look type of person."

By the way, look at the name Nemo backwards before you say anything more.:na na:

I don't judge people on how they look but if they are getting their kit off I would prefer them to have the body to back it up.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 06:04 PM
No. Like for like.

😂 no one would notice if I ran down ER with my bits out. To be fair I’ve ran along George st naked so let me think about it 😉

bodhibs
07-08-2018, 06:09 PM
They are ****ing mental, although Spruce Bringsteen takes the ****wittery to new levels with this belter:

"Did anyone watch the Villa/Hull game yesterday btw? Ignoring that Villa had Birkir Bjarnason unable to get a start (and you'd need to be up to your eyeballs in psychotropics to believe McGinn is anywhere close to him), Milinkovic came on for Hull and looked utterly ****ing pap, and yet absolutely and objectively had a better season last year than McGinn. I can only conclude that the new Villa owners are complete screwballs tbh."

Even by their horrific standard's thats most deluded post I've read in ages, thank you 😂

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Even by their horrific standard's thats most deluded post I've read in ages, thank you 😂

He said ‘objectively’ so it must be true.

Kato
07-08-2018, 06:13 PM

But he's talking objectively though, no one can argue with that. Objective jambos, as common as vegetarian lions.

07-08-2018, 06:15 PM

Was he not on the bench a lot? Can't remember which quality player(s) kept him from starting most weeks for a team that scraped into the top 6.

RobR27
07-08-2018, 06:15 PM

The best part is that they have to either admit that hes quality and worth 3m+, or conclude that we'll be no weaker without him.

The visible brain explosions are amazing :greengrin :faf: :blah:

AltheHibby
07-08-2018, 06:16 PM

😂 😂 😂 😂

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 06:17 PM
The best part is that they have to either admit that hes quality and worth 3m+, or conclude that we'll be no weaker without him.

Classic example of cognitive dissonance.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 06:18 PM
I don't judge people on how they look but if they are getting their kit off I would prefer them to have the body to back it up.

I'd be very surprised if she didn't have a body.

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 06:24 PM
I think this is the worst I’ve felt about a player leaving ... love SJM to bitsMe too it's totally understandable but thoroughly depressing...we are losing the heartbeat of our team...hopefully mathie has been doing his homework and we unearth a gem to replace him or at least try to replace him

Tug Wilson
07-08-2018, 06:32 PM

Even Peter Houston admits that he is a great player. In fact I can't think of any football pundit who doesn't. Yet JKB declares that he is massively overrated. They virtually all tow the party line with any dissenters shouted down. It's like a Trump campaign rally over there. Keep repeating the same old guff and completely making things up and eventually it becomes The Truth. It is a scary place to go but strangely compelling at the same time.

CRAZYHIBBY
07-08-2018, 06:35 PM
How much if any of mginns transfer fee will be given to lennon to sign players?

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2018, 06:37 PM

They're pig sick with the Villa news. Pleasing. Between this sale if it goes through, Europa money and record season tickets we're raking it in. All above board and through sporting achievement. So much for tick tock

Dalianwanda
07-08-2018, 06:37 PM

Think you’ll have to mail LD direct to get a proper answer on that.

bingo70
07-08-2018, 06:40 PM

More or less all of it I’d have thought?

There’s the indoor pitch at east mains to pay for but our European run will make a big dent in that.

We’re not paying interest on our debt I don’t think so no point paying that off early.

Where else would the money go?

Greenworld
07-08-2018, 06:44 PM
How much if any of mginns transfer fee will be given to lennon to sign players?All player sales go back to the player budget as I recall LD saying

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mcpakeisgod
07-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Jesus that lot are so aggressive / bitter 😂😂😂’vermin’??? That’s a proper loony bin over there

Cool_Hand_Luke
07-08-2018, 06:45 PM
More or less all of it I’d have thought?

There’s the indoor pitch at east mains to pay for but our European run will make a big dent in that.

We’re not paying interest on our debt I don’t think so no point paying that off early.

Where else would the money go?

You're forgetting that Tom Farmer gets half of all transfer money :faf:

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:47 PM
They're pig sick with the Villa news. Pleasing. Between this sale if it goes through, Europa money and record season tickets we're raking it in. All above board and through sporting achievement. So much for tick tock

If we post a loss next year after all this then theres something wrong.

houstonhibbee
07-08-2018, 06:48 PM
If we post a loss next year after all this then theres something wrong.

paying UEFA fines...........

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:50 PM
paying UEFA fines...........

You're boring, Celtic fine was a tad over 10 grand....

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Kickback's fun but Kerrydale Street's on fire too. They're raging at Lawwell. Who'd have though a 'bang-average player' would excite so many opinions in Scottish football? :na na:

"This entire fiasco has been an utter shambles from start to finish.

I can’t fathom why Celtic refuse to back Rodgers on every and any signing he wants that’s within our budget. There he’s said that McGinn was identified months ago, he wants him in and we’ve got the Laurel and Hardy show from Lawwell, trying to get the player for £2m and some spare change he found under the couch. We must’ve have had some dialogue with Hibs, we’ll know the price or at least an acceptable middle ground and here we are in August with the effing basket case outfit that is Villa about to steal in.

Personally, I don’t think McGinn would make our team if everyone was fit, but that’s not important, because he’d be a handy squad player, who could allow Brown to be given a break in the lesser league and cup games, whilst retaining some of the drive that goes missing when he’s not on the park. He’s definitely got the potential to develop into a more mature, Brown-esque player in the next few years and if he goes down south, then he’ll be way out of reach by then.

I find the way we handle transfers effing infuriating at times."

HoboHarry
07-08-2018, 06:51 PM
You're forgetting that Tom Farmer gets half of all transfer money :faf:
Aye and St Mirren get the remaining 3/4........

Jim44
07-08-2018, 07:01 PM
Kickback's fun but Kerrydale Street's on fire too. They're raging at Lawwell. Who'd have thought a 'bang-average player' would excite so many opinions in Scottish football? :na na:

"This entire fiasco has been an utter shambles from start to finish.

I can’t fathom why Celtic refuse to back Rodgers on every and any signing he wants that’s within our budget. There he’s said that McGinn was identified months ago, he wants him in and we’ve got the Laurel and Hardy show from Lawwell, trying to get the player for £2m and some spare change he found under the couch. We must’ve have had some dialogue with Hibs, we’ll know the price or at least an acceptable middle ground and here we are in August with the effing basket case outfit that is Villa about to steal in.

Personally, I don’t think McGinn would make our team if everyone was fit, but that’s not important, because he’d be a handy squad player, who could allow Brown to be given a break in the lesser league and cup games, whilst retaining some of the drive that goes missing when he’s not on the park. He’s definitely got the potential to develop into a more mature, Brown-esque player in the next few years and if he goes down south, then he’ll be way out of reach by then.

I find the way we handle transfers effing infuriating at times."

This is what really amuses me about the Celtic attitude. When they ‘knew’ they were getting McGinn, most of them dismissed him as ‘meh, ok, maybe a squad player’ status. Now that they see it slipping through their fingers he’s suddenly become a significant loss and a real step backwards in Brenda’s plans for next season.

Flynn
07-08-2018, 07:15 PM

I’m glad your all happy.

I’ll run down Easter road bollock naked if we finish higher than 5th this season.Screenshot taken.

If we end up with Barker, Agyepong and Allan it'll be the best transfer window I can remember for Hibs. We got the best price we could hope for for our star player. We can't keep him against his will ffs.

He can't hurt us playing for Villa.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Screenshot taken.

If we end up with Barker, Agyepong and Allan it'll be the best transfer window I can remember for Hibs. We got the best price we could hope for for our star player. We can't keep him against his will ffs.

Much of these guys are good players, none of them will bring us the physicality that McGinn gives us, so we need something similar to him

Aldo
07-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Much of these guys are good players, none of them will bring us the physicality that McGinn gives us, so we need something similar to him

I am sure NL, George Craig and co will have a decent, quality replacement in mind.

What folk will have to remember though is any replacement isn’t SJM!

IGRIGI
07-08-2018, 07:29 PM

I’m glad your all happy.

Where's that Daffy duck gif when one needs it?

BSEJVT
07-08-2018, 07:38 PM

Whilst I agree with your comments on those guys coming in, I am honestly not sure there is something similar anywhere near our price range.

I am sure the player identification team have targets in mind but I will be astonished if one player can bring to the table everything SJM did for Hibs, week in, week out.

With father time and past injuries appearing to catch up with Darren and Marvin becoming more of a peripheral figure I am concerned that the physicality that has been the bedrock of our resurgence will be lost.

I don't ever remember feeling as sad at the departure of any other player as I do of SJM.

I don't grudge him his move at all, far from it and I hope it wont be too long before he is rattling some of the EPL's finest but he leaves a huge hole in our team.

Gordon Strachan's post Scottish Cup Win comments on Sky about McGinn said it all for me, he has the type of indomitable spirit that has inspired us on some many occasions and we will miss that hugely.

I have confidence that we are as well prepared as we can be, but if we can bear the loss of McGinn & McGeouch and not see any slippage in our position / progress, whatever we are paying NL and the backroom team isn't enough.

We have known for long enough that SJM will move on and had the chance to plan and prepare which I am confident we have done and other teams have and will lose their heartbeat and survive and maybe even prosper but it is a huge ask.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Whilst I agree with your comments on those guys coming in, I am honestly not sure there is something similar anywhere near our price range.

I am sure the player identification team have targets in mind but I will be astonished if one player can bring to the table everything SJM did for Hibs, week in, week out.

With father time and past injuries appearing to catch up with Darren and Marvin becoming more of a peripheral figure I am concerned that the physicality that has been the bedrock of our resurgence will be lost.

I don't ever remember feeling as sad at the departure of any other player as I do of SJM.

I don't grudge him his move at all, far from it and I hope it wont be too long before he is rattling some of the EPL's finest but he leaves a huge hole in our team.

Gordon Strachan's post Scottish Cup Win comments on Sky about McGinn said it all for me, he has the type of indomitable spirit that has inspired us on some many occasions and we will miss that hugely.

I have confidence that we are as well prepared as we can be, but if we can bear the loss of McGinn & McGeouch and not see any slippage in our position / progress, whatever we are paying NL and the backroom team isn't enough.

We have known for long enough that SJM will move on and had the chance to plan and prepare which I am confident we have done and other teams have and will lose their heartbeat and survive and maybe even prosper but it is a huge ask.

Great post BSEJVT, just think we’re lightweight in midfield without the strength and power of McGinn, and we need to replace that

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=BSEJVT;5502059]Whilst I agree with your comments on those guys coming in, I am honestly not sure there is something similar anywhere near our price range.

This is what i was trying to say on a different thread earlier on! Spot on mate

BSEJVT
07-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Great post BSEJVT, just think we’re lightweight in midfield without the strength and power of McGinn, and we need to replace that

Thanks

There is absolutely no question that SJM's departure leaves us lightweight without his strength and power

I have always thought that in the SPL you needed to fight for the right to play the lovely stuff we have become used to.

That SJM could do that and play more than a bit as well was a massive advantage

I guess we will see what happens soon enough

Sir David Gray
07-08-2018, 07:50 PM

Brilliant post.

Smartie
07-08-2018, 07:52 PM
That's easy. It's a navy thing.

Talk me through yours.

Nickname.

Although all through high school it tended to be the derivative "Pants", Smartie has stuck more as an adult.

Thankfully.

(I was crudely trying to make a link between the suggestions of nudity on this thread and your username "Tug", hoping there was a cheap gag in there but it didn't really work out).

superfurryhibby
07-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Thanks

There is absolutely no question that SJM's departure leaves us lightweight without his strength and power

I have always thought that in the SPL you needed to fight for the right to play the lovely stuff we have become used to.

We still have plenty of fight in the squad. Guys like Gray, Stevenson, McGregor, Kamberi, Hanlon, Bartley and Boyle ( in his own way) are all for the physical challenge and lead by example.

However, we do need some steel in the midfield if McGinn goes and I imagine this area of the team will see the most activity with players com8ng and going. The good thing is that I think we can trust Lennon to do good business

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 08:01 PM
We still have plenty of fight in the squad. Guys like Gray, Stevenson, McGregor, Kamberi, Hanlon, Bartley and Boyle ( in his own way) are all for the physical challenge and lead by example.

However, we do need some steel in the midfield if McGinn goes and I imagine this area of the team will see the most activity with players com8ng and going. The good thing is that I think we can trust Lennon to do good business

A younger Lenny would be perfect for us now

Tyler Durden
07-08-2018, 08:03 PM
I think most folk realise we’re not gonna find players with the same style or ability necessarily as Dylan or McGinn.

What’s more important is that we get similar characters. Young hungry players with potential for sell on value. We’ve done that with Kamberi and Mallan and need to continue to follow that model wherever possible. If we can find young Scottish players then even better.

I’d be keen for us to make a bid for Greg Taylor from Killie. Mainly operating at left back but he could play midfield too. We’ve very little depth if Lewis gets injured and he’s not getting any younger.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2018, 08:09 PM

I do too Billy, and i'd say we need someone better than Marv to replace SJM, and we still need someone to replace McGeouch, Mallan can do the same as Allan did, so for me the priority is those two i mentioned before Scotty boy.

Would be nice to sign him too though. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Where's that Daffy duck gif when one needs it?

Not even daffy would rip the heed off it at that though of bollocks [emoji23][emoji23]

Greenworld
07-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Tweet https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180807/daf491131ec6e54c068c82f806c4a313.jpg

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Kickback now hit 20 pages about one of our players. Don't they have any of their own worth discussing...:lolyam:

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2018, 08:17 PM

Good post :agree:

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 08:18 PM
If McGinn was 32 years old, he wouldn't be worth £4m, but he'd still be able to put in great performances.

My point is that there will be players in our price range who can adequately replace SJM even if it's not for the long term.

If that makes sense.

scooby
07-08-2018, 08:21 PM

Brilliant post, that's where I'm at too.👍

brog
07-08-2018, 08:24 PM
We'll miss SJM , there's no doubt. He's a class act with a huge heart & he's been an integral part of our revival. However, here's a team of Hibs legends.
Younger, Brownlie, Blackley, Plenderleith, Parke
Marinello, Johnstone, Cormack, Cropley,
Baker, Martin
All wonderful players who moved on & there's many, many more. We missed them all but others stepped up & they will again. Players, no matter how superb will leave eventually but Hibs will always be here. Good luck John & thanks for everything.

JeMeSouviens
07-08-2018, 08:25 PM
BSEJVT :top marks

:boo hoo:

bingo70
07-08-2018, 08:27 PM
If McGinn was 32 years old, he wouldn't be worth £4m, but he'd still be able to put in great performances.

My point is that there will be players in our price range who can adequately replace SJM even if it's not for the long term.

If that makes sense.

I get what you’re saying, the problem with your theory though is that SJM’s biggest asset is his energy, not many 32 year olds have got that energy.

I’ve been saying since last season though that the dynamic of our midfield will likely need to change. Mallan is a great example of that, from what I’ve seen so far he’s not as good a player as Mcgeouch, however if he can pitch in with 10-15 goals then he’ll offer something Mcgeouch never, likewise with whoever replaces SJM, he may not have the attributes SJM does however he may bring something else to the party.

In summary I think I’ve just contradicted myself and you’re right after all.

John Mcginn though, aye, he’s good.

oldbutdim
07-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Nickname.

Although all through high school it tended to be the derivative "Pants", Smartie has stuck more as an adult.

Thankfully.

(I was crudely trying to make a link between the suggestions of nudity on this thread and your username "Tug", hoping there was a cheap gag in there but it didn't really work out).

Never mind.
Different strokes for different folks.

Nutmegged
07-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Screenshot taken.

Will you be as complimentary to McGinn if he decides Villa ain't for him and he digs his heels in for Celtic?

Springbank
07-08-2018, 08:49 PM

If that makes sense.

is YM not 31 (instead of 32)?

DetroitHibs
07-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Wonder if Lennon will get a good portion of the transfer fee to invest?

bingo70
07-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Wonder if Lennon will get a good portion of the transfer fee to invest?

Why wouldn’t he?

Where else will it go?

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Why wouldn’t he?

Where else will it go?

Infrastructure

bingo70
07-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Infrastructure

The only infrastructure that needs investment is the indoor pitch at east mains isn’t it?

Hopefully this European run will have helped pay for that.

CallumLaidlaw
07-08-2018, 08:57 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180807/7c263ecee84e377f693b9eb6c29e90e5.png

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Good info on Barker 😂👀

Diclonius
07-08-2018, 08:59 PM

What the actual ****

EskbankHibby
07-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Thanks

Good posts G.

I’m reminded of the film Moneyball when I think about trying to replace SJM.

Basically I can’t think of anyone else who would bring what he does to our team and even if I could come up with someone else we could not afford him.

I suppose we have to try and replace the component parts of his game, might mean a change to the way we have to set up going forward.

I have faith in the management team to come up with workable solutions, onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

londonhibby

Well that's that rumour f****d. On their official site too.

Glory Lurker
Aw man. Sickener about Barker.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Gutted as I thought he was really coming into his game as well.

IGRIGI
07-08-2018, 09:02 PM
jesus joseph and mary😂

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Shocker, and Birmingham Live are claiming McGinn fee is £2.1m. Hope that's wrong.

DetroitHibs
07-08-2018, 09:04 PM
We really need to get the finger out and sign some quality players, on PERMANENT contracts. Enough of this loan BS.

Greenworld
07-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Shocker, and Birmingham Live are claiming McGinn fee is £2.1m. Hope that's wrong.Even the villa fans are saying 4 million with some saying medical tomorrow

Smartie
07-08-2018, 09:07 PM
On our way from happiness to misery in 15 minutes eh?

Hibeesmad
07-08-2018, 09:07 PM
I hope Hibs tell us how much we got for him.

JohnM1875
07-08-2018, 09:08 PM
The fee will obviously be undisclosed but it'll no way be as low as 2.1 million.

I suppose we might find out when St Mirren receive their portion of the transfer fee.

Gordy M
07-08-2018, 09:09 PM

Why? What difference does it make to fans?

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2018, 09:09 PM
give whatever st.mirrens share for sjm was to sellick instead for scott allan, tell st.mirren we will take them to court for spreading malicious rumours/fake news about a silly 33% :aok: Bump the Buddies i say :cb

or does it not work like that :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2018, 09:10 PM

why :confused: you want other clubs to know how much we have

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 09:10 PM
On our way from happiness to misery in 15 minutes eh?

Heard we were going to sign Barker, then, while on the cusp of completing the deal, the 4m SJM was agreed so we told him to bolt as we can do much better.

Also Agyepong is better anyway.

I’m not bitter.

Nutmegged
07-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Youssouf Mulumbu is a very good player but hes2 in no way shape or form a replacement for John McGinn, he'd be much more like McGeouch's replacment, mentioned his name early although it probably is unrealistic but the closest player I can think of to McGinn in terms of style is Greame Shinnie, I know he's Aberdeen's main man but with only 10 months left on his contract I'd test the water and see where he is, he'll be on £3k per week tops woth the Dons, if rumours are true that we were willing to pay McGeouch £6k then I'd happily offer that to Shinnie.

Souter96Mac
The fee will obviously be undisclosed but it'll no way be as low as 2.1 million.

I suppose we might find out when St Mirren receive their portion of the transfer fee.

I think that figure is what we'll get following St Mirren's cut, and a percentage of the sale going to McGinn.

The_Horde
Shocker, and Birmingham Live are claiming McGinn fee is £2.1m. Hope that's wrong.

If it is that it'll be bottom line. Not including sell ons and other incentives like appearances, caps, promotion.

WhileTheChief..
07-08-2018, 09:12 PM
No Barker and £2m off the fee for SJM.

Sucks.

Borderhibbie76
Great post BSEJVT, just think we’re lightweight in midfield without the strength and power of McGinn, and we need to replace thatWe sure are and anyone that thinks we don't need replacements for both SJM and Dylan are kidding themselves on. Big few weeks ahead for Lenny and George Craig- I really hope we are well down the line with targets as we surely knew this was coming. Never been so sad to see a player leave Hibs...As things stand (depending on what happens with Allan) we've lost our middle 3 that took us on that great run from Jan to May

Hibeesmad
Why? What difference does it make to fans?

Some fans like myself might want to know out of interest

Diclonius
07-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Oh well, Agyepong is coming anyway so we'll see how he does instead. Next!

Hibeesmad
07-08-2018, 09:14 PM
why :confused: you want other clubs to know how much we have

Doesn’t really matter much. If other clubs need the money they will accept an offer they feel is acceptable even if they know you have more. Celtic have done it for years

Captain Trips
07-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Spend £1m.

250k bid for Lafferty.
250k bid for Allan.
250k bid for Windlass.
250k bid for Leigh.

Smartie
07-08-2018, 09:17 PM
We sure are and anyone that thinks we don't need replacements for both SJM and Dylan are kidding themselves on. Big few weeks ahead for Lenny and George Craig- I really hope we are well down the line with targets as we surely knew this was coming. Never been so sad to see a player leave Hibs...As things stand (depending on what happens with Allan) we've lost our middle 3 that took us on that great run from Jan to May

I'd be amazed if Hibs haven't anticipated this happening right now, for this sum, and that their next move will be springing into action right now.

It's not the shock of the century.

Beefster
07-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Sucks.

Just don’t believe anything you read on the Internet. It’s filled with folk like the alcoholic boy in the pub who claims to be Barack Obama’s cousin.

Gordy M
07-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Doesn’t really matter much. If other clubs need the money they will accept an offer they feel is acceptable even if they know you have more. Celtic have done it for years

Mmm not sure thats true.....how many folk on here have been saying well Celtic got 7 million for Armstrong so should pay 3/4 million for SJM? If it is released that we get 3/4 million and approach Dundee for Kamara for example....you dont think their price would go up??

hibbydad
07-08-2018, 09:18 PM
You will be able to see it in the 2018/9 accounts

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 09:19 PM
I'd be amazed if Hibs haven't anticipated this happening right now, for this sum, and that their next move will be springing into action right now.

It's not the shock of the century.Thats what im really hoping for mate - hate to see a promising start to the season derailed over next few weeks - the midfield is a huge concern now for Thurs assuming nobody comes in tomorrow - and of course if nobody comes in tomorrow we are short for the away leg also.

Col2
07-08-2018, 09:20 PM
I still think he will end up at Celtic.

Just a hunch with no inside info but it would suit Celtic big time for them to unsettle SJM so that he doesn’t sign by end of English window. Then putting them back as only bidder from Friday.

Of course they could stump up say £3.5m plus Allan and they would be back in the game but Lawwell is a miserable twat.

Hibeesmad
07-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Mmm not sure thats true.....how many folk on here have been saying well Celtic got 7 million for Armstrong so should pay 3/4 million for SJM? If it is released that we get 3/4 million and approach Dundee for Kamara for example....you dont think their price would go up??

Depends how badly Dundee need the money. Other clubs will probably have sources to how much a club has received for a player anyway

davhibby
07-08-2018, 09:21 PM

Sucks.

Why would we reject 2 million from Celtic then accept it from someone else? Some people need to calm down

Greenworld
07-08-2018, 09:21 PM
I wonder if Celtic have contacted Hibs with a new bid tonight. BR looked one unhappy man today fuming almost about the lack of players in.
It may be to late if all that remains is a medical and announcement tomorrow at Villa .
On the brandon front I'm actually ok with how that's ended a new face is always good if we ever get the paperwork done.

Tug Wilson
07-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Nickname.

Thankfully.

It's okay. I am definitely a ****** as well and been called it plenty. But not how I got my nickname.

Btw, I can run anymore and don't look good naked so definitely not offering to take the bet.

Col2

It's not the shock of the century.

We must have some replacements lined up price wise rather than get hugely inflated fees once clubs know we have some cash.

Gordy M
Depends how badly Dundee need the money. Other clubs will probably have sources to how much a club has received for a player anyway

Well if thats true....then why is any transfer deal 'undisclosed'. Whats the point if everyone knows? I dont understand that?

SMAXXA
07-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Good info on Barker 😂👀

That you been taking pish again pal 😂😳😋

WhileTheChief..
07-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Why would we reject 2 million from Celtic then accept it from someone else? Some people need to calm down

To stop Celtic getting a belter of a player. Kinda goes without saying.

Inconsequential
07-08-2018, 09:26 PM
We really need to get the finger out and sign some quality players, on PERMANENT contracts. Enough of this loan BS. In an ideal world yes we should sign players on permanent contracts but with loans we get a better quality of player who is earning more than Hibs can pay. That is the theory as I understand it. We don't have the resources to splash out a huge fee and pay the high wages as well. But at some point we may have the odd high profile transfer up our sleeve.

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2018, 09:27 PM

To be fair he just panicked when he thought someone else had the scoop so jumped to get some credit.

connor24
07-08-2018, 09:30 PM
with barker joining preston, i wonder if horgan loan comes back into play

theonlywayisup
07-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Think I'm about to become a bedwetter

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 09:42 PM

That’s just a normal day for me 😁

CallumLaidlaw
07-08-2018, 09:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180807/ed41e7db5fb7180ccd27b07d5841722d.png

Glasgow media now reporting that Celtic have matched villas offer to Hibs and Mcginn.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 09:43 PM
To be fair he just panicked when he thought someone else had the scoop so jumped to get some credit.

Yep that’s right, keyboard warrior 💪🏼😂

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 09:44 PM

Glasgow media now reporting that Celtic have matched villas offer to Hibs and Mcginn.

John, just go to Villa please

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Kickback now hit 20 pages about one of our players. Don't they have any of their own worth discussing...:lolyam:

Some highlights here...😂

https://twitter.com/jkbmeltdown?lang=en

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-08-2018, 09:48 PM

They can match it plus Scotty Allan.......

lochhibs
07-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Spurs bid £25m for grealish. Villa might want to add an extra shilling or 2 to get McGinn 😏

Nevi_SOL
07-08-2018, 09:52 PM
They can match it plus Scotty Allan.......

Aye just for their cheek

Captain Trips
07-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Do Celtic not need permission from us to offer SJM a wage?

JeMeSouviens
07-08-2018, 09:55 PM
£23K a week! Well played SJM’s agent :-)

Edinburgh Green
07-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Some highlights here...😂

https://twitter.com/jkbmeltdown?lang=en

It amazes me how many Hibees reply to that jkbmeltdown account with abuse believing that they are actually his words 🙈

Hibbyradge
£23K a week! Well played SJM’s agent :-)

£1.2m per year.

Until his next deal.

Incredible. Good luck SJM.

Bostonhibby
Must have went t*ts cos we were all too cynical to leave a scarf.Bugger, I was there in spirit willing the whole thing to happen, standing in the back garden in 33 degrees heat with my scarf tied to the washing pole.

3 hours I waited and only gave up when the wife set the dug on me.

I'm beginning to have my doubts about these soothsayers and snake oil salesman driving our transfer policy.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
with barker joining preston, i wonder if horgan loan comes back into play

Interesting point!

Glory Lurker
07-08-2018, 09:59 PM
I hate Celtic.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2018, 10:00 PM
No way are Celtic offering him 23k p/w as well.

madhatter
07-08-2018, 10:04 PM
John, just go to Villa please

My sentiments exactly...please don’t go to Celtic. Surely a new challenge doesn’t mean same league? I get the champions league appeal and the fact it is his area but come on John...get promoted with Aston Villa and Tottenham could be signing you for £20m!

Think this is a lot of drivel though, maybe not. I just can’t see Celtic offering McGinn 23k a week, that’s huge even for their wage structure. There will be a few guys complaining about their wages if that came to happen.

Heisenberg
07-08-2018, 10:05 PM
Maybe just a case of the Glasgow paper trying to appease the fan base a wee bit to make it look like they tried hard to get him? Don’t see them offering McGinn that kind of money. Scott Brown won’t be on a lot more than that surely?

Scotty Leither
07-08-2018, 10:06 PM
So if Celtc are now "matching" Aston Villa's offer, which presumably met Hibs'valuation of the player, what chance the Weegie media suggesting to Lawell/Rodgers why didn't you offer close to what Hibs wanted in the first place?

Nah, I'll not be holding my breath for that question to be asked either.

Speedway
07-08-2018, 10:09 PM
I’m confused. Are we still putting the band back together?

Eyrie
If Celtc are going to match Villa's offer, then that means doubling their previous "final, take it or leave it, non-negotiable" offer of £2m to pay us £4m. Can't see it, unless they think Allan is worth £1.5m as part of a deal.

madhatter
Maybe just a case of the Glasgow paper trying to appease the fan base a wee bit to make it look like they tried hard to get him? Don’t see them offering McGinn that kind of money. Scott Brown won’t be on a lot more than that surely?

The value is probably based on a guess but I remember £25k being Scott Brown’s wage as far as the internet is concerned. Can’t imagine they’d throw almost same amount at McGinn...

Might create a dressing room issue as they’ll have some players on £10-18k that have been there a while...

Speedway
07-08-2018, 10:11 PM
The value is probably based on a guess but I remember £25k being Scott Brown’s wage as far as the internet is concerned. Can’t imagine they’d throw almost same amount at McGinn...

Might create a dressing room issue as they’ll have some players on £10-18k that have been there a while...

Celtic offer £2m plus Allan’s perm and Sparky for a season. Would you take it?

Nevi_SOL
07-08-2018, 10:11 PM

Yes

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 10:12 PM
So if Celtc are now "matching" Aston Villa's offer, which presumably met Hibs'valuation of the player, what chance the Weegie media suggesting to Lawell/Rodgers why didn't you offer close to what Hibs wanted in the first place?

Nah, I'll not be holding my breath for that question to be asked either.

Celtic trying to save face with their support cos they know they're beat.

Col2
07-08-2018, 10:12 PM
£23k a week would put him in same bracket as top earners Brown (captain), Eduardo £9m signing and Dembele £20m player.

Would be way ahead of sparky, Forrest either etc

JeMeSouviens
07-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Celtic trying to save face with their support cos they know they're beat.

Celtc trying to pacify Rodgers who has thrown a right strop!

madhatter
07-08-2018, 10:15 PM

No. Both permanent and I’d consider it. They’ve messed us about and they’ve now got competition, squeeze them for what we want. £2m with a % going to St Mirren would mean we need to get a very good deal in terms of players coming in...

Celtic will be talking about Allan permanent and then a youngster on loan, they’d never give us Griffiths on loan. Tbh, if we had Griffiths, Allan, Kamberi and MacLaren plus a solid midfield and defence we’d definitely challenge for 2nd. That’s a dream though, nothing else at the moment.

JimboHibs
07-08-2018, 10:16 PM

Stay drunk 👍

madhatter
07-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Why would this appease Celtic fans? Most were saying “he’s ok but we can get better now, let’s just get him on a free next summer”. These fans will be losing the plot seeing suggestions of Celtic matching Aston Villa and paying 23k a week...

This will worsen things for most of the Celtic support. Imagine them thinking if they’d offered £3m + Allan last week Hibs might have accepted it. Wages for McGinn wouldn’t have been as high either!

I hope Celtic offer is just to suggest they are being proactive. I’d hate for McGinn to end up there.

Smartie
07-08-2018, 10:22 PM
I’m confused. Are we still putting the band back together?

Yes, but we're gonna need a new drummer.

07-08-2018, 10:22 PM

Thanks for posting that. What does it say on page 55?

Nicho87
07-08-2018, 10:24 PM
I thought Hibs hadn't agreed a fee with villa? Thought they just allowed the player to speak to them first.

Has this changed.

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 10:25 PM
It says it is ‘believed’ they have matched the offer.

Sounds to me that they have just made that up

greenlex
07-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Only if Sparky is allowed to play against them.

madhatter
07-08-2018, 10:29 PM
It says it is ‘believed’ they have matched the offer.

Sounds to me that they have just made that up

I don’t know they stated £23k...surely that suggests that a representative of that rag was invited into the negotiations to make sure it was well documented :wink:

stoneyburn hibs
07-08-2018, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking that Celtic will get SJM. This 23k wage being bandied about is nonsense imo.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Only if Sparky is allowed to play against them.

FIFA rules would prevent that unfortunately..

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 10:31 PM
SunSport believe it's only £2.75m. That's still not enough unless there's lots of add-ons.

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 10:32 PM
I don’t know they stated £23k...surely that suggests that a representative of that rag was invited into the negotiations to make sure it was well documented :wink:

It’d also likely make him one of their higher earners. That’s £1.2m a year before bonuses.

madhatter
07-08-2018, 10:34 PM
SunSport believe it's only £2.75m. That's still not enough unless there's lots of add-ons.

If Hibs accept that I’d presume McGinn has been saying things behind closed doors regarding wanting to leave this window...

£2.75m is shocking. I hope that is wrong...

Scotty Leither
07-08-2018, 10:36 PM

Try Allan for a season and Sparky permanent?

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-08-2018, 10:37 PM
I absolutely love reading Hearts fans comments on McGinn. Nothing has ever shown up the biased nature of football rivals more.
He’s absolutely dominated them every meeting at ER and only their abomination of a pitch has stopped him doing the same on occasion at Tynecastle.
He’s been key to our most successful spell over them since the 70’s, universally praised by all pundits who study our game, spoken highly of by all other teams supporters in Scotland, is rumoured to be attracting £4million bids whilst in the last year of his contract and has been MOTM 3 times in 3 starts for Scotland..but aye he’s pish cause the Jambos say so [emoji38]

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 10:37 PM
If Hibs accept that I’d presume McGinn has been saying things behind closed doors regarding wanting to leave this window...

£2.75m is shocking. I hope that is wrong...

What add ons and clauses are included?

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 10:38 PM
What add ons and clauses are included?

No idea, but at that price I'd hope a hell of a lot.

Nicho87
07-08-2018, 10:40 PM
If we now sell to Celtic without getting Allan in return I will feel somewhat short changed as I think will Lenny.

BegbieHSC
07-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Tin hat on here:

I’m resigned to us losing McGinn. IMO, if Celtic and Villa are offering the same, I’d probably hope for Celtic, for the sole reason that getting Allan will be so much easier.

Lawwell is taking an absolute bruising from fans & Rodgers , and will try and **** us over with Scotty as an attempt to appease the masses.

Just my opinion, and completely not in the know assumptions.

The Leith Dutch
07-08-2018, 10:45 PM
We really need to get the finger out and sign some quality players, on PERMANENT contracts. Enough of this loan BS.

Yeah mate. I thought Allan, Kamberi and MacLaren were just murder for us last season........:rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies

:agree:

londonhibby
Tin hat on here:

I’m resigned to us losing McGinn. IMO, if Celtic and Villa are offering the same, I’d probably hope for Celtic, for the sole reason that getting Allan will be so much easier.

Lawwell is taking an absolute bruising from fans & Rodgers , and will try and **** us over with Scotty as an attempt to appease the masses.

He certainly is on Kerrydale Street: "If thats what Villa are offering then we're gonna be offering him similar or the same. I agree we wouldnt be in this position if Villa hadnt came in for him. We shouldve had just bid 2.5mil + scott allan a month ago, that wouldve been the end of it. Now we're paying over the odds for someone whose not coming in as a key player, enraging the manager, all before our biggest game of the season."

snooky
07-08-2018, 10:48 PM
When all the dust settles and SJM goes to wherever he's going, playerwise we are down especially as the curtains have closed on Les Barker Follies.

Next up please!

madhatter
07-08-2018, 10:49 PM
No idea, but at that price I'd hope a hell of a lot.

It’d have to be 30% sell-on minimum, a player in exchange minimum plus I’d suggest a fee after number of appearances to cover ourselves.

This incentive and clause thing is a lot of rubbish and mainly favours the buying team. What if he ends up at Celtic, what’s the point having a sell-on clause? Player playing for his boyhood club..sell-on doesn’t make much sense. Player in exchange? So Celtic invent a value for Scott Allan...not great for us. Appearance fee...reliant on player staying clear of injuries.

Get everything upfront if we are dealing with Celtic and squeeze them for McGinns worth, let’s not give them our best player for less because we’d really like a benchwarmer they have (who is also in last year of his contract).

If McGinn goes to Aston Villa then sell-on clause makes sense.

The Leith Dutch
07-08-2018, 10:51 PM

Absolutely.

Kamberi, Sparky, MacLaren as options up front.
Boyle and presumably Agyepong available on the wings.
Allan and Mallan as creative midfielders.
Got to be a ton of goals right there.

Nicho87
07-08-2018, 10:53 PM
2.75 plus Allan permanently and Christie on loan is what I hope Hibs are sorting out.

BegbieHSC
BTW, had a look on kickback, and they have a 20 page thread dedicated to the McGinn transfer saga.

Absolutely tragic *******s.

Scotty Leither
It’d have to be 30% sell-on minimum, a player in exchange minimum plus I’d suggest a fee after number of appearances to cover ourselves.

This incentive and clause thing is a lot of rubbish and mainly favours the buying team. What if he ends up at Celtic, what’s the point having a sell-on clause? Player playing for his boyhood club..sell-on doesn’t make much sense. Player in exchange? So Celtic invent a value for Scott Allan...not great for us. Appearance fee...reliant on player staying clear of injuries.

Get everything upfront if we are dealing with Celtic and squeeze them for McGinns worth, let’s not give them our best player for less because we’d really like a benchwarmer they have (who is also in last year of his contract).

If McGinn goes to Aston Villa then sell-on clause makes sense.

Great point - we insert a sell-on-clause with Celtic and say like Scott Brown he never ever moves! Nah...squeeze them until they squeak and get FULL value out them for once.

Speedway
07-08-2018, 10:56 PM
It’s going to be a fascinating day tomorrow.

BegbieHSC
07-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Tin hat on here:

Plus, if it’s Celtic, there’s a better chance of him being able to play, and have a farewell against Molde.

The Spaceman
07-08-2018, 10:57 PM
BTW, had a look on kickback, and they have a 20 page thread dedicated to the McGinn transfer saga.

Absolutely tragic *******s.

No doubt valuing Cochrane at £35m...when in reality he will be released in 3 years having achieved eff all.

BegbieHSC
07-08-2018, 10:59 PM
No doubt valuing Cochrane at £35m...when in reality he will be released in 3 years having achieved eff all.

They’re of the opinion that McGinn wouldn’t get into the Hearts team, and is worth no more than 750k 😂😂😂

madhatter
07-08-2018, 11:00 PM
When will we stop being a feeder club for Celtic?

Thing that gets to me regarding the chat with McGinn is how we’d happily give yet another one of our talents to Celtic in order to get a player from them, that they got from us previously (again on the cheap). Celtic are making a killing out of us and it has to stop. What a great long game Celtic have played, bought Allan with no intention of playing him and are now looking to get a player they do want on the cheap by using Allan as an “incentive”.

Wish we’d separate ourselves from Celtic. This track record of getting their players on loan and us selling our best players to them is getting boring and only benefits them long term.

Loans from Celtic helped us win the cup but where are they now? Where is Scott Brown now?

JohnM1875
07-08-2018, 11:00 PM

Nah, just ripping the pish that it's being reported were only getting 2.1 million in the press down south. Granted that's far too low if you ask me. But, how much did they get for Patterson again?

BegbieHSC
07-08-2018, 11:02 PM
Nah, just ripping the pish that it's being reported were only getting 2.1 million in the press down south. Granted that's far too low if you ask me. But, how much did they get for Patterson again?

Glorious quote: “H1b5 getting £4,000,000 for a talentless thug while we're struggling to pay for the new stand is not a happy situation from our point of view.”

DetroitHibs
07-08-2018, 11:04 PM
Yeah mate. I thought Allan, Kamberi and MacLaren were just murder for us last season........:rolleyes:

What so we can be back in the same position 12 months from now. Sell McGinn and start bringing in permanent signings, enough of the loans.

Speedway
07-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Rumour on twitter that we’ve asked Dundee ‘How Much?’ For Glen Kamara tonight.

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 11:06 PM

Thing that gets to me regarding the chat with McGinn is how we’d happily give yet another one of our talents to Celtic in order to get a player from them, that they got from us previously (again on the cheap). Celtic are making a killing out of us and it has to stop. What a great long game Celtic have played, bought Allan with no intention of playing him and are now looking to get a player they do want on the cheap by using Allan as an “incentive”.

Wish we’d separate ourselves from Celtic. This track record of getting their players on loan and us selling our best players to them is getting boring and only benefits them long term.

Loans from Celtic helped us win the cup but where are they now? Where is Scott Brown now?

Why are you always angry and miserable? Particularly about something that hasn’t happened yet and may not even happen.

madhatter
07-08-2018, 11:09 PM
What so we can be back in the same position 12 months from now. Sell McGinn and start bringing in permanent signings, enough of the loans.

My sentiments exactly, sell our best player to become a shop window for players that clubs would like to offload...if Celtic loan us Allan and give us more for McGinn for example, what guarantees Allan will sign for us? Nothing. If they give us Kouassi or Christie or another player on loan, we’re helping Celtic by essentially becoming a B team that plays in the same league! Where’s Henderson? Loans work out great short term but leave us with nothing unless we can turn it into a permanent.

Scotty Leither
07-08-2018, 11:12 PM

Yup, nailed it again MH. We seem to be the team that gets the best out of Allan for some reason, but Celtic bought him cheap from us just to spite The Rangers it would appear, then they deign to loan him back in fits and starts, and all the while he can't play against them?

If Celtic do match Villa's offer (and that's far from being confirmed, btw) then Hibs should only sell them to them on the last day of the window. That way he gets to play in the European ties and possibly earns us more money in the interim.

It also lets us line up our own targets and gives the manager some certainty as to who's coming in. Let's us dictate the terms to them for a change?

madhatter
07-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Why are you always angry and miserable? Particularly about something that hasn’t happened yet and may not even happen.

Angry and miserable? Not sure how you are picking that up...

Pretty sure Hibs have been a feeder club to Celtic for quite a few years. Granted though McGinn hasn’t gone there yet.

The Leith Dutch
07-08-2018, 11:21 PM

We take a variety of approaches to assemble a team.
Why rule out one of them when it's served us well?

Kamberi loan deal was inspired.

You're talking like we don't bring in permanent signings:

Slivka, Kamberi, Mallan, Efe, Swanson and Whittaker since last summer. Granted the last two haven't worked out but signings most of us liked at the time.

Efe and Kamberi - loan to perm.
MacLaren may go the same way.

People need to stop having paddys about how much money we get in transfer fees, how deals are structured and whether it's a loan and concentrate on whether we have a decent team.

ian cruise
07-08-2018, 11:30 PM
Angry and miserable? Not sure how you are picking that up...

Pretty sure Hibs have been a feeder club to Celtic for quite a few years. Granted though McGinn hasn’t gone there yet.

They got Allan, who it looked like was going anyway, and hasn't really set the Heather on fire.

We've had McGeouch, Henderson, Efe, Commons. We've won the Scottish Cup & promotion with those players.

If anything they're our feeder club.

SMAXXA
07-08-2018, 11:32 PM
Rumour on twitter that we’ve asked Dundee ‘How Much?’ For Glen Kamara tonight.

Probably emanating from here

1875STEVE
07-08-2018, 11:34 PM
It’s going to be a fascinating day tomorrow.

What you hearing?

houstonhibbee
07-08-2018, 11:38 PM
Glasgow Herald reporting Celtic have matched Villa's offer and the $23,000 pw wages and SJM is weighing up both but feels he'll get more game time at Villa.

Speedway
07-08-2018, 11:39 PM
What you hearing?

Nothing.

Simply that reports in the midlands are convinced that SJM will he unveiled by Villa today. If Celtic win we’re likely to announce SA has signed. We’ve still got Ageypong to announce before Thursday so it would seem like today’s the day for that and we need to sign SJMs replacement sharpish as well.

Hence, fascinating to see how it all plays out.

madhatter
07-08-2018, 11:40 PM

Slivka, Kamberi, Mallan, Efe, Swanson and Whittaker since last summer. Granted the last two haven't worked out but signings most of us liked at the time.

People need to stop having paddys about how much money we get in transfer fees, how deals are structured and whether it's a loan and concentrate on whether we have a decent team.

Loans are fine but loans as part of negotiations for one of our players annoys me. Especially Celtic and Scott Allan. They sign him from us on the cheap to alleviate our issue with the Rangers pursuit and for them to be able to go :na na: to Rangers. I’d also assume they knew we’d want him back, they tease us with loans now and then just to remind us of the good times. Then look to use him as part of the deal to get McGinn.

Nothing wrong with Celtic’s tactic but I wish we’d just say “No. Allan is a benchwarmer for you, McGinn is our best player.”. Even if they pay off Scott Allan, it doesn’t secure Allan at Hibs for a long term, it would also mean we’d need to give Allan a hefty wage as he’s coming from £8k a week probably, so his expectations will have changed since we had him.

Less money for McGinn and having to pay higher wages to Allan is a downside for Hibs. Celtic using Allan to get McGinn cheaper is a upside for them.

Nothing wrong with loans but loans from Celtic rarely end in a permanent contract at Hibs. Loans from other clubs gives us a better chance of converting to permanent. Kamberi and MacLaren looking like prime examples of that.

1875STEVE
07-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Nothing.

Simply that reports in the midlands are convinced that SJM will he unveiled by Villa today. If Celtic win we’re likely to announce SA has signed. We’ve still got Ageypong to announce before Thursday so it would seem like today’s the day for that and we need to sign SJMs replacement sharpish as well.

Hence, fascinating to see how it all plays out.

Ah rite.

Seen your Sparky question, then your follow up.

2+2 and got 9.....

Johnny_Leith
07-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Loans are fine but loans as part of negotiations for one of our players annoys me. Especially Celtic and Scott Allan. They sign him from us on the cheap to alleviate our issue with the Rangers pursuit and for them to be able to go :na na: to Rangers. I’d also assume they knew we’d want him back, they tease us with loans now and then just to remind us of the good times. Then look to use him as part of the deal to get McGinn.

Nothing wrong with Celtic’s tactic but I wish we’d just say “No. Allan is a benchwarmer for you, McGinn is our best player.”. Even if they pay off Scott Allan, it doesn’t secure Allan at Hibs for a long term, it would also mean we’d need to give Allan a hefty wage as he’s coming from £8k a week probably, so his expectations will have changed since we had him.

Less money for McGinn and having to pay higher wages to Allan is a downside for Hibs. Celtic using Allan to get McGinn cheaper is a upside for them.

Nothing wrong with loans but loans from Celtic rarely end in a permanent contract at Hibs. Loans from other clubs gives us a better chance of converting to permanent. Kamberi and MacLaren looking like prime examples of that.

Stokes, Ambrose and McGeouch were all loans from Celtic that resulted in permanent transfers.

SaulGoodman
07-08-2018, 11:51 PM
Pigs will fly before Griffiths ever plays for us again.

Johnny_Leith
07-08-2018, 11:55 PM
Pigs will fly before Griffiths ever plays for us again.

It's laughable whenever it's suggested he'll be coming back on loan.

Jack Hackett
07-08-2018, 11:58 PM
They’re of the opinion that McGinn wouldn’t get into the Hearts team, and is worth no more than 750k ������

Even if they believe this delusional valuation... did they happen to mention all of the players in the gorgie galacticos who were actually worth that, and who wouldn't be dropped for SJM?

madhatter
08-08-2018, 12:02 AM
Stokes, Ambrose and McGeouch were all loans from Celtic that resulted in permanent transfers.

Where are Stokes and McGeouch? Gone. How much money did they make Hibs?
Where is Scott Brown? Club captain of Celtic.

We’ve had great loans from Celtic but we come out the other end in the same position. Either permanent contracts that the players run down and leave for free (McGeouch), or players that get contract terminated (Stokes) or players that don’t perform to a great level and we happily let their contract run down.

Think Efe is the last player we’ve had for a lengthy period from Celtic and who is still around, McGeouch before him but let’s be honest Celtic probably thought McGeouch was just an injury magnet.

DetroitHibs
08-08-2018, 12:05 AM

I'm okay with 1-2 loans, but we are much better off trusting our recruiting staff and investing in our own talent. A couple of seasons ago it made sense to loan as we weren't that financially as stable. Now with record season ticket sales, Europe and McGinns money, we should be investing in talent.